PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 expansion maybe?

NastySlot
12-13-2012, 10:51 PM
With the seven basketball playing catholic schools pulling out of the big east does the big 12 go after what's left of the football schools? Thoughts? Anyone know who s left Cinncy, UConn South Florida. And one more right?

Weebe
12-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Baylor would likely file a lawsuit. They don't want to put that kind of travel burden on their student athletes.

Not sure how they let West Virginia slide through.

Roughneck93
12-13-2012, 10:58 PM
With the seven basketball playing catholic schools pulling out of the big east does the big 12 go after what's left of the football schools? Thoughts? Anyone know who s left Cinncy, UConn South Florida. And one more right?

Temple

NastySlot
12-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Temple

Yes Temple that's right

NastySlot
12-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Baylor would likely file a lawsuit. They don't want to put that kind of travel burden on their student athletes.

Not sure how they let West Virginia slide through.

Because it was not only a football upgrade but also a "great" academic one also.

SHSBulldog00
12-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Looks like Louisville will be heading to the ACC.

westcoast54
12-14-2012, 12:08 PM

Isn't SMU and Houston going to the Big East? I know they have a LONG WAY TO GO before they could compete, but wouldn't they make sense? As far as travel and everything? Boise is also going to the Big East. I think they would be a good addition as well as Cincy.

NastySlot
12-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Isn't SMU and Houston going to the Big East? I know they have a LONG WAY TO GO before they could compete, but wouldn't they make sense? As far as travel and everything? Boise is also going to the Big East. I think they would be a good addition as well as Cincy.

I think you are right about SMU and Houston going to the Big East....Boise was planning but last I heard Boise and even BYU were looking into the Mountain West.