PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville

After seeing and listening to games every Friday and reading this forum I see why Friday Nights (football) is so important to all the small schools around Texas.
Having pride in your school and in your town is important to us all.
Watching the kids grow to men and learn from the mistakes they make along the way.
Stephenville is no different in many ways. We don't care if its 4A or 3A we expect to win. Anything less is hard to deal with.
I hope Stephenville had shown everyone that we compete hard and play hard and respect others who do the same.
There are not many school who will put in that much extra work to be great. It's easy to talk the talk but hard to walk the walk.
In a few days the Seniors will be done. Most will never play again in many town that's already happened. The question is did we make our kids better men? Did we show them respect? Did we show them compassion? Did we show them that football is a game and what's more important is the game of life. Did we teach them to love your neighbors and fight for your country and loved ones. God bless everyone and thanks for a great season win or not. Good Luck El Campo.

Ville Up!!!

hollywood
12-13-2012, 10:06 AM
:clap:

bobcat1
12-13-2012, 11:02 AM
After seeing and listening to games every Friday and reading this forum I see why Friday Nights (football) is so important to all the small schools around Texas.
Watching the kids grow to men and learn from the mistakes they make along the way.
Stephenville is no different in many ways. We don't care if its 4A or 3A we expect to win. Anything less is hard to deal with.
I hope Stephenville had shown everyone that we compete hard and play hard and respect others who do the same.
There are not many school who will put in that much extra work to be great. It's easy to talk the talk but hard to walk the walk.
In a few days the Seniors will be done. Most will never play again in many town that's already happened. The question is did we make our kids better men? Did we show them respect? Did we show them compassion? Did we show them that football is a game and what's more important is the game of life. Did we teach them to love your neighbors and fight for your country and loved ones. God bless everyone and thanks for a great season win or not. Good Luck El Campo.

Ville Up!!!

Heck of a nice post.:2thumbsup

defense51
12-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Ville shows some class with this post! :thumbsup:

BullBoy
12-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Great post!:clap:

BEAST
12-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Great post. You really see that passion in the 3A ranks.

BEAST

fbjm
12-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Ville - great post! I know the measuring stick is "rings," but not every team is capable of doing that. There are so many intangibles, situations, etc. that teams deal with that most people don't know about. Stephenville is a unique place. Lived there for 2 years, many moons ago! I admire and appreciate the spirit and enthusiasm the fans show for the Jackets. Y'all really get the team amped up!! Stepehnville is well coached and has really good athletes that execute their system like a machine. I feel quite sure that the players, as good as they are, probalbly are better people and will be leaders in their colleges, communities, careers, etc....Good luck this week against El Campo. Bring home #5. Respectfully

toddg
12-13-2012, 03:51 PM
if you were at the 3a D1 state championship game last year..you saw passion from both sides..two teams slugging it out in a 1 point game till the last second ticked down..i saw my 3 sons believing we would win till the bitter end..faith never wavering, all 3 will get their shot over the next several years..go to youtube and
watch Bob shipley's after game talk to his players from the 2010 semi final game..you see the best player on that field that night bawling his eyes out..that is Texas hs football passion to the core!!

LionFan72
12-14-2012, 07:59 AM

Ville Up!!!

Hung-over much? lol! Good Post, and the most important fact that often gets overlooked, it is about the young men on the field!

Hung-over much? lol! Good Post, and the most important fact that often gets overlooked, it is about the young men on the field!

No I dont drink or smoke. Good luck tonight you will remember this game for the rest of your life.

LionFan72
12-15-2012, 12:13 AM
Would have remembered it better is Fssw had their crap together...impressive win with a dominating performance. Somebody get the stats posted as soon as possible, Jones must have had 4-500 yards alone. Amazing. Congrats on the state title, hope we can get back in the hunt next year!!

Emerson1
12-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Would have remembered it better is Fssw had their crap together...impressive win with a dominating performance. Somebody get the stats posted as soon as possible, Jones must have had 4-500 yards alone. Amazing. Congrats on the state title, hope we can get back in the hunt next year!!
There is a link in the game thread for a box score.

Heck of a season. You guys earned your place in history for Stephenville Athletics.
Good game EL CAMPO you just ran into a team who couldnt be beat last night. You played a heck of a game. I knew it was over in the begenning when the El CAMPO coach started punting on 4th downs. The only way to win was go for it on 4th down and run the ball and keep running it all night. If you know you cant stop a team from scoring you dont punt PERIOD.