PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be a...

msu97
12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Tshirt fan... I mean since I have never played for the Houston Texans I still proudly wear their t shirt...

as for the others... I have found that it is better for me to show loyalty to my former players and students than to the University I went to... if my alma mater was playing a school that has one of my former players on it I will surely be rooting for my former player... putting time and effort into people just goes further for me...

but I am a fan of the ATM indoor track team since one of my former athletes throws discus for them... so if I wear the Aggie track shirt he has given me does that make me a tshirt fan?

oldtownag
12-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Tshirt fan... I mean since I have never played for the Houston Texans I still proudly wear their t shirt...

as for the others... I have found that it is better for me to show loyalty to my former players and students than to the University I went to... if my alma mater was playing a school that has one of my former players on it I will surely be rooting for my former player... putting time and effort into people just goes further for me...

but I am a fan of the ATM indoor track team since one of my former athletes throws discus for them... so if I wear the Aggie track shirt he has given me does that make me a tshirt fan?

No. Being a front runner and wearing the "hot" teams gear makes you a t-shirt fan.

T-Shirt Fan = Only investment in the team is the cost of the t-shirt on your back.

Old Tiger
12-11-2012, 09:18 AM
No. Being a front runner and wearing the "hot" teams gear makes you a t-shirt fan.

T-Shirt Fan = Only investment in the team is the cost of the t-shirt on your back.

What about ticket cost? Does that make you a t-shirt fan?

Pick6
12-11-2012, 09:21 AM
i think "t-shirt fan" is one of the dumbest terms to come out. What does it matter what team someone cheers for?? It's that persons right to cheer for whomever he/she so chooses to cheer for. If person A gets all upset because person B cheers for a different team every year maybe person A needs to get a life and quit worrying about who other people cheer for. That's my opinion on "t-shirt fan".

Old Tiger
12-11-2012, 09:27 AM
i think "t-shirt fan" is one of the dumbest terms to come out. What does it matter what team someone cheers for?? It's that persons right to cheer for whomever he/she so chooses to cheer for. If person A gets all upset because person B cheers for a different team every year maybe person A needs to get a life and quit worrying about who other people cheer for. That's my opinion on "t-shirt fan".

Not to mention all the Blinn babies and brazos valley people who root for A&M and buy their t-shirts. But it's only referenced toward UT fans.

oldtownag
12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
What about ticket cost? Does that make you a t-shirt fan?

If you buy a ticket you have more investment than a t-shirt. Hence, you would no longer be a t-shirt fan.

oldtownag
12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Not to mention all the Blinn babies and brazos valley people who root for A&M and buy their t-shirts. But it's only referenced toward UT fans.

T-Shirt fandom is not specific to tu. However, texas t-shirt fans have been much more prevalent than others in the recent years. Expect, Aggie t-shirt fandom to definitely be on the rise.

There is nothing worse than a confirmed t-shirt fan throwing out a "We kicked your butts this year" statement.

Buff42
12-11-2012, 10:01 AM
The bad thing about tshirt fans is the disrespect they exhibit toward fans who fall intot he category of "not tshirt fans" as defined by oldtownag. I like to root for my team and be respectful toward other teams. However, I really enjoy rubbing the nose of tshirt fans into a little humble pie every now and then.

There is definitely a ratio: the more obnoxious a team's tshirt fans are (and the tu tshirt teasip mafia is THE worst), the more aggressive I will be with them in return.

A&M- Give Us Room. WHOOP.

Old Tiger
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
If you buy a ticket you have more investment than a t-shirt. Hence, you would no longer be a t-shirt fan.Good I've spent about $400 this year on the Horns.

pancho villa
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
I like T-shirt fans that have big breasts and tight t-shirts!

msu97
12-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I like T-shirt fans that have big breasts and tight t-shirts!

agreed... SMU has has some good ones... wish i had pics to verify since if you do not have concrete proof, other than ESPN says so, then it is not truth...
so wearing my Aggie track shirt is cool... along with my Oregon hoodie... that thing is sweet

msu97
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
crusty, not to mention that next year I will be a Sam Houston tshirt fan since I will be paying for my daughter to attend that school...

she chose that one over Rice and ATM...

Scoop27
12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
I have over 200 t-shirts in my closet collection-Sports and music concerts-Most of my sports t-shirts are UT, Astros, Rockets but no Texans

Weebe
12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
crusty, not to mention that next year I will be a Sam Houston tshirt fan since I will be paying for my daughter to attend that school...

she chose that one over Rice and ATM...

Lol...

bobcat1
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Good I've spent about $400 this year on the Horns.Sorry about the return on your investment.

Emerson1
12-11-2012, 01:19 PM
If you buy a ticket you have more investment than a t-shirt. Hence, you would no longer be a t-shirt fan.
What if you have more then one shirt and some pajama pants?

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Sorry about the return on your investment.

Lol I was waiting for this

Old Tiger
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Sorry about the return on your investment.As the great Nucky Thompson said it's money...it doesn't matter.

msu97
12-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Lol...

now, talking about my kid... she also visited SFA, UT and UTSA... limited down to ATM, Rice and Sam... she chose Sam

Emerson1
12-11-2012, 02:55 PM
now, talking about my kid... she also visited SFA, UT and UTSA... limited down to ATM, Rice and Sam... she chose Sam

You're kid is doomed for failure. She should just drop out and start working at McDonalds now.

msu97
12-11-2012, 02:59 PM
You're kid is doomed for failure. She should just drop out and start working at McDonalds now.

possibly... I mean, tried to raise her correctly... mom wants her to go to medical school... she wants to teach jr high kids... so McDonalds might be better than that...
UT was a sweet trip... SFA was pretty cool... ATM was decent...Rice was okay, UTSA left something to be desired... she just felt at home at Sam

Old Tiger
12-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Why not Whataburger? The colors aren't that different.

MSU, one of the best campuses I enjoyed visiting was A&M CC

msu97
12-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Why not Whataburger? The colors aren't that different.

MSU, one of the best campuses I enjoyed visiting was A&M CC
she was not interested in Corpus, or MSU for that matter...
whataburger would be awesome... great burgers...

NastySlot
12-11-2012, 04:47 PM

I am proud of you.

NastySlot
12-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Could use the term "sidewalk alumni" that's what they call em in Alabama ? Might fit once had a Bama alum tell me he hated the longhorns cause they (the horns) think their Bama .

Maroon87
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I personally find it funny that some people get so bent out of shape about "t-shirt fans." Seriously...what difference does it make what team someone supports? Worry about yourself I say...

msu97
12-12-2012, 07:42 AM
I personally find it funny that some people get so bent out of shape about "t-shirt fans." Seriously...what difference does it make what team someone supports? Worry about yourself I say...

best quote ever...