PDA

View Full Version : Sinton/Gonzales game 2

sinton66
05-24-2003, 06:48 PM
When SintonFan and I left the game, it was going into the top of the seventh, and Sinton was winning 11-1. Jason Adams pitched for Sinton, and had a good game. He had at least 7 k's and one rbi triple and another double, I think. Rumor has it that the playoff between Sinton and Falfurrias will be played at the brand new minor league facility in Robstown, but it's not definite yet.

pirate4state
05-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Hey 66, sorry we didn't set up a meet & greet :) Local tv station reported game would be in Kingsville, no other details & this could be incorrect, as I also heard Robstown field. If anyone finds out, please post.

Sinton/Fal should be a great game/series. In game 2 last year, they (Fal) almost took it to 3. We faced them earlier in the year, but did not face their ace. Is it next week yet?? :D :D

GO PIRATES!!

sinton66
05-24-2003, 11:48 PM
Well, actually what I heard from Phil C. was they want to play at the Robstown facility, but have to try to set it up. I probably won't make the Fal playoff, but if we get to the final four, I will be in Austin. Maybe we can meet up then. I just met Phil C. for the first time this afternoon at the game.

<small>[ May 24, 2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

PhiI C
05-25-2003, 11:48 AM
It was good to finally meet you Sinton 66 and I saw from the stands you and Sinton Fan leaving. If Pirates get to Austin hope to see you there. As far as the game or games in the new stadium in Robstown that is still just second hand information that I heard at the gate as I was coming in yesterday. I hope it is true but we probably won't get the official word till tomorrow. I don't know when they can play but I do know that Friday night is graduation night at Sinton and I don't know when it is at Falfurrias so that could be a factor in the game or games.

sinton66
05-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Yea, that could be a big factor for everyone I think. Enjoyed talking with you, and I will indeed be in Austin if we make it.
I hated to leave early, but got a bad case of heartburn and the heat was getting to me. I had a case of heat stress a few years back that put me down for a week, so have learned not to push it. I ended up even skipping dinner last night.

PhiI C
05-25-2003, 09:51 PM
It is important to take care of yourself in that case. I know my son wanted to go for cups of ice twice during the game and I sure didn't argue with him since he brought me back two also. I am not sure if we will hear anything tomorrow but I will post when I do unless Pirate4State beats me which is ok. Tomorrow is Memorial Day so they may not get together to decide until Tuesday.