PDA

View Full Version : District 30-3A awards

MustangFootball
12-09-2012, 10:59 PM
http://m.aransaspassprogress.com/mobile/the_ingleside_index/sports/article_e08327f6-3efb-11e2-9f2e-001a4bcf887a.html

MustangFootball
12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Defensive Player of the Year:
Christian Britt, Ingleside

This kid is a beast, he has to be the hardest hitting linebacker in the district.

Torch Bearer
12-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I think this district is getting a little crazy with awards. I understand the MVP of the district, The newcomer and even a offensive MVP and Defensive MVP. Reading the article they have most valuable DB, DL, LB, OL, Back, and most had ties so more than one kid got it. After all of those awards you finally get to the 1st team and 2nd team all-district. You could have a QB get MVP of Disctrict, another QB get offensive MVP, two tie for most valuable offensive back, and then that would put the 5th best QB as a first team QB and the 6th best QB makes 2nd team. I know it is good for the kids to get an award, but sometimes they have to learn that being all-district is something that does not come easy and if you are not one of the top two at your position in the district than you need to improve. I counted 93 names that made the list.

pancho villa
12-11-2012, 12:32 PM
First team trashest women. Ingleside

MustangFootball
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I think this district is getting a little crazy with awards. I understand the MVP of the district, The newcomer and even a offensive MVP and Defensive MVP. Reading the article they have most valuable DB, DL, LB, OL, Back, and most had ties so more than one kid got it. After all of those awards you finally get to the 1st team and 2nd team all-district. You could have a QB get MVP of Disctrict, another QB get offensive MVP, two tie for most valuable offensive back, and then that would put the 5th best QB as a first team QB and the 6th best QB makes 2nd team. I know it is good for the kids to get an award, but sometimes they have to learn that being all-district is something that does not come easy and if you are not one of the top two at your position in the district than you need to improve. I counted 93 names that made the list.
I agree with you, I think they are handing out to many awards to satisfy coaches and players, I don't put much stock in the whole list....I look for offensive MVP, defensive MVP and district MVP, heck even newcomer of the year, after that 1st team. But it doesn't make sense to have a QB win MVP and not make first team.
This day in age everyone gets a trophy.:vrycnfsd:

SintonFan_inAustin
12-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Sinton had 22 in the district selections, 6 of them MVP. Thought normally there is only 1 on offense and 1 on defense? Glad for Sinton freshman rb Colton Cohea(only freshman selected) getting 2nd team but only played like in 2 games in district with one being mop up game and the other when K Garcia went down early in the game.
They also had 7 more on honorable mention

But yep good for the kids in getting awards but there is to many awards.

pirate4state
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
I agree. I hate all this little league "everyone gets a ribbon" crap!

FmrPirate14
12-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Surprised the student trainers didn't get awards too