PDA

View Full Version : La Marque and Navasota hilites

1971Coogs
12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Well I've spent about a week working on the hilites of the game between La Marque and Navasota. I haven't seen any hilites (individually done) for Navasota, so I thought it was a good investment of time to do so. It was an intense game and the Navasota fans deserve to relive the moment and cherish the memories. The Navasota fans remind me of the La Marque fans back in 1993 thru 1998 when the Cougars went to the state title game 6 years in a row. Only other team to have done that was Waco back in the early twenties. All in all the 10 state title appearances by La Marque has been a curse in a way.....if you ever reach that plateau Navasota, you will see what I mean.

In the meantime.....Navasota fans, this thread is dedicated to you and your awesome 2012 team. As my Coogs Sports Net crew set up shop on the camera deck above your crowd, I knew that my camera work would chronicle a good memory for you.

The hilites are currently uploading to YouTube and will be posted to this thread once finished.

Here's to you Hemotoxin......may you soon taste the apple.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Well I've spent about a week working on the hilites of the game between La Marque and Navasota. I haven't seen any hilites (individually done) for Navasota, so I thought it was a good investment of time to do so. It was an intense game and the Navasota fans deserve to relive the moment and cherish the memories. The Navasota fans remind me of the La Marque fans back in 1993 thru 1998 when the Cougars went to the state title game 6 years in a row. Only other team to have done that was Waco back in the early twenties. All in all the 10 state title appearances by La Marque has been a curse in a way.....if you ever reach that plateau Navasota, you will see what I mean.

In the meantime.....Navasota fans, this thread is dedicated to you and your awesome 2012 team. As my Coogs Sports Net crew set up shop on the camera deck above your crowd, I knew that my camera work would chronicle a good memory for you.

The hilites are currently uploading to YouTube and will be posted to this thread once finished.

Here's to you Hemotoxin......may you soon taste the apple.

Thanks buddy. Very Classy Move!

striker
12-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Thanks 1971Coogs. We appreciate the support. Here is a link to the Navasota v. La Marque highlights as done by our NHS Media Crew. The highlights are partial to the Navasota team though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5irkeKarRig&feature=plcp

hollywood
12-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Very cool video 1971Coogs!

1971Coogs
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Sorry guys....it appears I will have to shorten the hilites somewhat. I had 18 minutes worth of footage, when I uploaded to Youtube about 5 minutes was cutoff from the beginning. So then I tried uploading to Google Drive something else happened. I've been doing this for 9 years and this is the most trouble I've had in a while. Soooo...I'll give it another go. Today I spent family time with the grandkids....priorities.

I will post them up though.

1971Coogs
12-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Now this is what I call real hilites......:nerd: Make sure to click on the hi-def option and full screen. What a game !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkzS8fb0NWc&feature=youtu.be

83Indian
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Coogs looked as talented as sota just can't give up 14 easy points on bad punt snaps and those two goal line melt downs. Didn't realize how evenly matched this game was. Mercer can flat run. I know this was a tough game for sota but ville makes this look like slow motion. If we only had a single 3a championship. Ville and sota would be fun to watch.

1971Coogs
12-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Coogs looked as talented as sota just can't give up 14 easy points on bad punt snaps and those two goal line melt downs. Didn't realize how evenly matched this game was. Mercer can flat run. I know this was a tough game for sota but ville makes this look like slow motion. If we only had a single 3a championship. Ville and sota would be fun to watch.
Agreed...outside of the first game against Coldspring this year, this was the worst La Marque played all year. Granted Navasota definitely had something to do with it, but the two plays that keep coming back to haunt me were the false start ( at the one foot line) in the second quarter, (La Marque was down 7 to 6 and didn't score) and the punt fiasco in the end zone. I know....I know..... if, ands and butts don't win ball games. Navasota is a well composed team and I think that was the difference. La Marque only had 2 returning starters this year on offense and with the intensity of this game, Navasota showed to be more experienced (IMO)

83Indian
12-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Agreed...outside of the first game against Coldspring this year, this was the worst La Marque played all year. Granted Navasota definitely had something to do with it, but the two plays that keep coming back to haunt me were the false start ( at the one foot line) in the second quarter, (La Marque was down 7 to 6 and didn't score) and the punt fiasco in the end zone. I know....I know..... if, ands and butts don't win ball games. Navasota is a well composed team and I think that was the difference. La Marque only had 2 returning starters this year on offense and with the intensity of this game, Navasota showed to be more experienced (IMO)
Tyler jones for ville runs and throws better than the sota kid. 38 passing and 22 rushing Tds. Over 4500 all purpose yards. Ville executes faster IMO than sota. Very nice video.

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Tyler jones for ville runs and throws better than the sota kid. 38 passing and 22 rushing Tds. Over 4500 all purpose yards. Ville executes faster IMO than sota. Very nice video.By what I've seen of the QB from Da Ville(watching the yearlong hilites).....I agree, he has a rocket for an arm. I also noticed he likes to "take on" a defender when running. The QB for Navasota "took the dive" most of the night, but most NFL QB's do the same ;)
One of the reasons (three actually) I wanted post up these extended hilites was to give those who haven't seen Navasota play, a chance to watch them. I also wanted to give everyone a chance to form their own opinion of the contest ( memories tend to exagerate the actual event on website forums) and also the most important......go back to my initial post on this thread :2thumbsup

Tejastrue
12-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks for posting Coog. Enjoyed it. It was indeed a close game. Great athletes on both sides.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Thanks again. I enjoyed the great hilites. What a game!

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Thanks again. I enjoyed the great hilites. What a game!
:thumbsup:

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Thanks for posting Coog. Enjoyed it. It was indeed a close game. Great athletes on both sides.

:D yes sir !

Ville-D
12-10-2012, 12:01 PM
By what I've seen of the QB from Da Ville(watching the yearlong hilites).....I agree, he has a rocket for an arm. I also noticed he likes to "take on" a defender when running. The QB for Navasota "took the dive" most of the night, but most NFL QB's do the same ;)
One of the reasons (three actually) I wanted post up these extended hilites was to give those who haven't seen Navasota play, a chance to watch them. I also wanted to give everyone a chance to form their own opinion of the contest ( memories tend to exagerate the actual event on website forums) and also the most important......go back to my initial post on this thread :2thumbsup

Thanks for the video. Great job. I'd love to have seen Stephenville vs Navasota this year. It would have been a good predistrict match-up. With the changes to 3A then we should get that match-up next year - if we both make it that far.

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the video. Great job. I'd love to have seen Stephenville vs Navasota this year. It would have been a good predistrict match-up. With the changes to 3A then we should get that match-up next year - if we both make it that far.
How does Stephenville compare to Navasota based on what you see in this video ? Or can one even make that assumption by watching only one set of hilites ?

Ville-D
12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
How does Stephenville compare to Navasota based on what you see in this video ? Or can one even make that assumption by watching only one set of hilites ?

It is hard to say. From just a video it is tough to compare. Hopefully I'll get to go see them next week at Jerry World.

vtskneb
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Funny you should ask after the back and forth we had with the Navasota Posters after some comments directed at what Aledo looked like on the Hi Lite video. It is impossible to know on the hi-lites but I would like to see the film of the game as your QB reminds me of one the Ville played a few years ago from Rider. I think your QB has better wheels but Shavodrick Beaver had a better arm. He was a nightmare to deal with and his WR was Eric Ward. La Marque put the ball on the turf way to much in a game of that magnitude. I am interested to hear the Sota folks thoughts on who's defense was better. La Marque or WOS?

Buff42
12-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Congrats and best wishes to the Rattlers. Awesome program and Coach Fedora is one of the best anywhere.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Funny you should ask after the back and forth we had with the Navasota Posters after some comments directed at what Aledo looked like on the Hi Lite video. It is impossible to know on the hi-lites but I would like to see the film of the game as your QB reminds me of one the Ville played a few years ago from Rider. I think your QB has better wheels but Shavodrick Beaver had a better arm. He was a nightmare to deal with and his WR was Eric Ward. La Marque put the ball on the turf way to much in a game of that magnitude. I am interested to hear the Sota folks thoughts on who's defense was better. La Marque or WOS?

La Marque IMO but both were pretty solid. Offensively, I would give LM the edge.

y far

hollywood
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
it's hard to tell from video hi-lites. But, I would give Stephenville's offense the edge and Navasota's defense the edge. Would be a slobber knocker of a game, that's for sure!

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Funny you should ask after the back and forth we had with the Navasota Posters after some comments directed at what Aledo looked like on the Hi Lite video. It is impossible to know on the hi-lites but I would like to see the film of the game as your QB reminds me of one the Ville played a few years ago from Rider. I think your QB has better wheels but Shavodrick Beaver had a better arm. He was a nightmare to deal with and his WR was Eric Ward. La Marque put the ball on the turf way to much in a game of that magnitude. I am interested to hear the Sota folks thoughts on who's defense was better. La Marque or WOS?yes...La Marque picked the wrong game to play one of it's worst games of the year. I was very frustrated with the lack of composure as well. But....excuses are just what they are...excuses.

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
La Marque IMO but both were pretty solid. Offensively, I would give LM the edge.

y farand just think that was on a bad night :doh:

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Congrats and best wishes to the Rattlers. Awesome program and Coach Fedora is one of the best anywhere.very well coached team....Navasota deserves to go to the "Big Show" this year. Maybe it was fate they landed in the D2 bracket.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
and just think that was on a bad night :doh:

Yeah, I think both are outstanding teams...

La Marque hands down is the best team that Navasota has faced all season!

87coog
12-13-2012, 08:17 AM
congrats to the Rattlers, good game.