PDA

View Full Version : Division 2 State Semi's :Bellville Brahmas vs Navasota Rattlers

Pages : [1] 2

lbjacj
12-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Who wins?

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Navasota by as many as time allows...

sTxforlife
12-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Navasota by as many as they want, the Brahma's cakewalk thru the playoffs the past 2 weeks ends this week.

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm hearing the Berry Center, Waller.... IMO, we need a place that can hold Navasota's fans... 5,000-6,000 WILL NOT due.

sTxforlife
12-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm hearing the Berry Center, Waller.... IMO, we need a place that can hold Navasota's fans... 5,000-6,000 WILL NOT due.
The Berry Center would be a good choice, I don't think Waller would hold enough people

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2012, 09:59 PM
The Berry Center would be a good choice, I don't think Waller would hold enough people

Waller ISD holds 10,000
Berry Center holds 10,492

Roughneck93
12-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Berry Center would be fine by me. :)

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2012, 10:02 PM

I love that place too and it would be easy to get to from Navasota... But, Waller would be even easier for both schools.... Just 15-20 min a part from each other so it doesn't matter to me.

lbjacj
12-08-2012, 10:04 PM

Berry is booked for Friday and I heard Navasota doesn't want to play sat.

Roughneck93
12-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I love that place too and it would be easy to get to from Navasota... But, Waller would be even easier for both schools.... Just 15-20 min a part from each other so it doesn't matter to me.

Yeah Waller makes more sense. I was just being selfish...Berry Center is a little closer for me.

TigerPride12
12-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Hoping this game is Saturday evening! But either way, both stadiums are very nice

Matthew328
12-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Navasota will be upset if they have to play Sat

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Navasota will be upset if they have to play Sat

Yeah, Fedora is not a fan of playing on Saturdays.

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Navasota vs Bellville 7pm Friday, Waller ISD
*Navasota is the home team

Matthew328
12-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Yeah, Fedora is not a fan of playing on Saturdays.

That and the championship is on Friday, he didnt want a short week

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 12:12 AM
The Navasota Rattlers have been on a mission all year. I said at the first of the year that if the offensive line gelled, they would be hard to stop. They have not let me down. The real surprise for me is how good the defense has been all year. This group had the players to make a statement but the Rattlers history is to play great defense in spurts and then have a breakdown. I saw very positive signs early and then Will Imhoff, an all-state performer last year at LB, went down. I expected a little drop off. The defense was rearranged a little and got stronger. Like Coach Fedora said in an interview after the WOS game, when you know the defense is only gonna give up around 10 points most of the time, it make coaching this offense easy.

This week Bellville gets to try and slow the train down. I will not make a prediction right now except to say it won't happen. Take your best shot, be it trying to eat clock, try to take away the pass, try to take away the run, everybody has had a scheme and failed. The only way Bellville can saty in this game is to score at least 35 points and that will not happen against this defense.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Navasota by 30+...

I'll say it again, this is the Rattlers' year.

China Spring, LM, WOS, Bellville etc are all great teams... But Navasota is just on a different level.

Dowork
12-09-2012, 02:06 AM
I guarantee u all this... Bellvilles secondary will be the best navasota has seen all year! To think they will win by 30+ is absolutely ridiculous!

navscanmaster
12-09-2012, 02:35 AM
I guarantee u all this... Bellvilles secondary will be the best navasota has seen all year! To think they will win by 30+ is absolutely ridiculous!

We literally just heard this a few days ago. Our offense will be just fine. Now tell me about Bellville, since them being in region four has left me out of touch with this year's Brahmas.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2012, 03:30 AM

WOS had the best defense in 3A and it wasn't close. Navasota lit them up like a Christmas tree. Not trying to be distespectful to the brahmas... but WOS defense >>>> Bellville defense.

Navasota will score and score and score and their defense is more than good enough.

It's nothing against bellville. Navasota is that good. Brahma fans will see what the hype is about on Friday...

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 03:34 AM

I don't know about that. I think La Marque or WOS may claim that title for having the best secondary. Everyone thinks that their defense is good until they face Navasota's offense.

And before anyone says that WOS, La Marque, Coldspring, and Jasper were overrated, not good, defense wasn't good, offense wasn't good, etc... All the mentioned teams were very good. Navasota is just on a whole different level. But, you shall see come Friday...

Weebe
12-09-2012, 04:05 AM
It's a Region IV bias. We all heard how Carthage would dominate El Campo.

Navasota is the best team in 3A IMO. Still don't thing they blow out Bellville.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2012, 05:54 AM
It's a Region IV bias. We all heard how Carthage would dominate El Campo.

Navasota is the best team in 3A IMO. Still don't thing they blow out Bellville.

I didnt see anyone predicting a blowout but people, including me, did predict them to win (and they almost did). I think EC is a great time, i just thought it was a favorable matchup for carthage. ricebirds won and i couldnt be happier. i really hope EC beats sville.

No one figured Nav would blowout WOS either and they did. It's nothing against Bellville. The brahmas have been REALLY good these last 2 years... But they don't even know what's about to hit them. Navasota is on a mission and I 1000% expect them to roll to the title they've been so close to these lass 5 years.

The Bull #40
12-09-2012, 11:01 AM
No disrespect to Navasota because I know this is "the year of the rattler" but there is no way Navasota wins by 30+ or even close to that. I don't think Navasota holds the Brahma offense to less than 20 and I KNOW the Ratters won't score 50. So don't put a ring on your fingers yet boys... I would like to know how y'all are holding up health wise though, we had a couple of injuries last night that I hope aren't too serious.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 11:31 AM
With the exception of having our ALLState middle linebacker out with a broken leg since mid season, we are healthy. Navasota will be at full strength. I hope the Bulls are healthy too. I want to see the best of both teams.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 11:36 AM
No disrespect to Navasota because I know this is "the year of the rattler" but there is no way Navasota wins by 30+ or even close to that. I don't think Navasota holds the Brahma offense to less than 20 and I KNOW the Ratters won't score 50. So don't put a ring on your fingers yet boys... I would like to know how y'all are holding up health wise though, we had a couple of injuries last night that I hope aren't too serious.

Lets see, PI holds Bellville to 22 and you are telling me that Navasota won't hold them to less than 20. Btw, 20 points is the most that we've given up all season in a single game.

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Hemo, we have heard all year that this week's opponent has a better secondary or pass rush or speed or discipline than the last opponent we faced. Every week we don't understand what we are facing. I submit that we do know what we are facing, we have a fantastic coaching staff that prepares out team very well. We have the athletes and weapons to adjust a game plan on the fly to take what we are given. We have made converts all year--from winning because we have not faced any competition before games to being for real or a machine after playing them.

I think the sad part for some of the people that have not see us play all year is that they don't realize that this team has not reached their full potential yet. They beat a top notch WOS team after committing more turnovers than they have had in most every game this year.

The history of Navasota vs Bellville will also be a factor this year. The Rattlers have felt since the playoffs srtarted that they could have this match-up. This is a game they have looked forward to playing. I expect we will see one of the most complete games we have seen all year from the Rattlers. Our advantage is that people still underrate our defense. We could have four or five from that group that get all state recognition.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Hemo, we have heard all year that this week's opponent has a better secondary or pass rush or speed or discipline than the last opponent we faced. Every week we don't understand what we are facing. I submit that we do know what we are facing, we have a fantastic coaching staff that prepares out team very well. We have the athletes and weapons to adjust a game plan on the fly to take what we are given. We have made converts all year--from winning because we have not faced any competition before games to being for real or a machine after playing them.

I think the sad part for some of the people that have not see us play all year is that they don't realize that this team has not reached their full potential yet. They beat a top notch WOS team after committing more turnovers than they have had in most every game this year.

The history of Navasota vs Bellville will also be a factor this year. The Rattlers have felt since the playoffs srtarted that they could have this match-up. This is a game they have looked forward to playing. I expect we will see one of the most complete games we have seen all year from the Rattlers. Our advantage is that people still underrate our defense. We could have four or five from that group that get all state recognition.

I agree. I'm looking forward to this matchup as well.

The Bull #40
12-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Lets see, PI holds Bellville to 22 and you are telling me that Navasota won't hold them to less than 20. Btw, 20 points is the most that we've given up all season in a single game.

Our offense didn't play nearly as well as we can last night. We also didn't run outside like we usually do. We ran up the middle all night for some reason, still don't understand that. And I think you're going to see a much more explosive offense than you're expecting.. But we are from region 4 so y'all will probably win by 40. We may as well not even make the trip. Yeah, not. I think the almighty rattlers will be surprised at the score at the end of the game.

rb585
12-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I think Navasota is the best team, but I think anyone predicting a 30+ spread is crazy. It's been five years since we had a 30+ game in the state semis. You have two region champs in these games -- you don't make it this far if you're a mediocre team or if you're a team that's going to just show up and go through the motions.

Bellville will bust their butts in practice this week, they'll come into the game thinking they can win, and they will fight to the end.

I do think Navasota has too much though. I could see a 31-17 type game, but not a rout.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Our offense didn't play nearly as well as we can last night. We also didn't run outside like we usually do. We ran up the middle all night for some reason, still don't understand that. And I think you're going to see a much more explosive offense than you're expecting.. But we are from region 4 so y'all will probably win by 40. We may as well not even make the trip. Yeah, not. I think the almighty rattlers will be surprised at the score at the end of the game.

We shall see. But I doubt it.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I think Navasota is the best team, but I think anyone predicting a 30+ spread is crazy. It's been five years since we had a 30+ game in the state semis. You have two region champs in these games -- you don't make it this far if you're a mediocre team or if you're a team that's going to just show up and go through the motions.

Bellville will bust their butts in practice this week, they'll come into the game thinking they can win, and they will fight to the end.

I do think Navasota has too much though. I could see a 31-17 type game, but not a rout.

I understand your rational, it's typical. Your team loses to team A in the playoffs so you start rootin' for the team that beats yours. It's a common practice but the game will not be that close. And if it is or should Navasota lose to Bellville, I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong. That's how much confidence I have in the Rattlers.

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I can guarantee you that the Rattlers know that Bellville is a good opponent that will be well prepared and ready for this game. We shared a district with them or played the every year for a long time. It was always a battle. As for the Bellville offense, we have seen alot of good offenses this year, many with some version of the Slot-T. We have seen speed and size. We will be ready too.

I will not predict a blowout. I will predict a win for the Rattlers though. I will be surprised if Bellville score more than 17 against the Rattlers. I don't think anyone will hold the Rattlers below 31. If you are gonna beat the Rattlers you will have to score 30+.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 12:19 PM
I will put it this way. We all wanted this matchup. From the fans to the players, etc. one reason was due to travel concerns. The others being that Bellville is a former district opponent. No doubt Bellville will be ready and will give Navasota a battle, we expect that. I just don't see Bellville being able to slow Navasota's offense down. I know and have many Bellville friends so this isn't personal. If I believed that we were in trouble, trust me, I would say so. As some have mentioned, this team is very special. I can't put my finger on it just yet but they just seem to do everything right when it's all said and done. Call it what you want, arrogance, etc., it is what it is.

rb585
12-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I understand your rational, it's typical. Your team loses to team A in the playoffs so you start rootin' for the team that beats yours. It's a common practice but the game will not be that close. And if it is or should Navasota lose to Bellville, I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong. That's how much confidence I have in the Rattlers.

You apparently totally missed my point. There's no "rational" (or rationale) in it -- I think Navasota wins by a couple of TD's, but if you look back at the history of this round you don't see hardly any 30+ point blowouts.

And I'm actually rooting for Navasota, because I want to see them play on TV.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 12:52 PM
You apparently totally missed my point. There's no "rational" (or rationale) in it -- I think Navasota wins by a couple of TD's, but if you look back at the history of this round you don't see hardly any 30+ point blowouts.

And I'm actually rooting for Navasota, because I want to see them play on TV.

Hey, my bad and point taken. Btw, the last blowout in the semifinals was Chapel Hill beating West Columbia two years ago right after they demolished us in the quarterfinals.

Red Bull
12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
It sounds like Bellville should not even show up. I think everyone in Bellville knows Navasota is a great team, but anyone can be beat. It will take preparation and great effort, but it can be done. I for one cannot wait until Friday.

navscanmaster
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
It sounds like Bellville should not even show up. I think everyone in Bellville knows Navasota is a great team, but anyone can be beat. It will take preparation and great effort, but it can be done. I for one cannot wait until Friday.
Not a bad idea really, you guys can rest your injuries and quit starving the basketball team, and we can rest the week before the finals. You have good ideas.:D

MJMbrahmas10
12-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Should I even go to the game this week? Since its the "year of the rattler". Haha you all sound ridiculous. Someone did not tell y'all about our team. Obviously you haven't watched us either.

Roughneck93
12-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Hey, my bad and point taken. Btw, the last blowout in the semifinals was Chapel Hill beating West Columbia two years ago right after they demolished us in the quarterfinals.

Lol, ouch! Lets not talk about that game. :ack!:

Dowork
12-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Navasota is in for a rude awakening. i would say that the only tough team they have played all year is maybe la marque who is very undisciplined(bellville hasnt really played anyone that great either except for el campo, who by the way is playing for a state championship).WOS is very overrated and jasper and china springs...well... they are jasper and china springs. yes yall do have some stud athletes but that doesnt win you ball games.if anyone thinks this isnt going to be a tough game then dont show up.all this cockiness is going to end come friday.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Navasota is in for a rude awakening. i would say that the only tough team they have played all year is maybe la marque who is very undisciplined(bellville hasnt really played anyone that great either except for el campo, who by the way is playing for a state championship).WOS is very overrated and jasper and china springs...well... they are jasper and china springs. yes yall do have some stud athletes but that doesnt win you ball games.if anyone thinks this isnt going to be a tough game then dont show up.all this cockiness is going to end come friday.

WOS isn't a good team?!?!?

WOS would beat port Isabel by 40. Be serious man.
I'm not from Navasota but I'm predicting a blowout. Hell, it might be a shutout.

I'll say 35-0. Good luck rattlers!

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Should I even go to the game this week? Since its the "year of the rattler". Haha you all sound ridiculous. Someone did not tell y'all about our team. Obviously you haven't watched us either.

What is there for us to know about Bellville? They run a version of the slot t. They come in the game with 3 losses. Offense is average and defense will be very suspect against Navasota. Both Wimberley and Cuero are down and as for the remaining region 4 teams that the Brahmas beat, well, let's just say Bellville did what they were supposed to do against those teams. Am I missing something?

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 02:06 PM

You are absolutely CLUELESS!

Every week, we hear the same thing from the opposing fans... "You haven't played anyone", "You will see when you play our defense", etc, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. It's getting old.

You can't look at the scores and say, La Marque was the toughest team that we have faced. Navasota is that good and just makes it seems as if the opposing team was that bad. From what I've seen from Bellville, give me Coldspring, La Marque, WOS, Jasper, and maybe even China Spring, and Bellville probably would not beat either of those teams.

I will say this again, DO NOT look at the scores from those teams that we have beaten and not give them credit. We have beat some very, very good teams.

MJMbrahmas10
12-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I just don't see the game being a blowout. It's the game before state. Obviously both teams are good. If the players go into the game with the same attitude as the fans I think navasota will get whooped.
I think bellville can manage the clock too with their running game.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 02:20 PM
I just don't see the game being a blowout. It's the game before state. Obviously both teams are good. If the players go into the game with the same attitude as the fans I think navasota will get whooped.
I think bellville can manage the clock too with their running game.

Not going to happen.

Navasota's offense was just as explosive last year. So, the opposing teams knew that coming in this season. Don't you think that they have tried to play the clock game? Navasota's defense will get the Rattler offense the ball. Once the scoring starts, its like an avalanche.

You too will become a believer.. Navasota's #1 Ranking is well deserved.

MJMbrahmas10
12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Well we shall see Friday. If bellville wins it will be even sweeter to hear y'all's comments. I can respect everything y'all have done this year. However bellville is just is hungry and there is a game to be played on the field not on paper.

And could someone please edit the title of the thread. It's so disrespectful

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Well we shall see Friday. If bellville wins it will be even sweeter to hear y'all's comments. I can respect everything y'all have done this year. However bellville is just is hungry and there is a game to be played on the field not on paper.

And could someone please edit the title of the thread. It's so disrespectful

And so you shall!

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 02:31 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/12216_10151202801554023_1167426273_n.jpg

Get Ready for the Sea of Blue!

McHi
12-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Navasota by +4 TD's

MJMbrahmas10
12-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Who went big school in y'all's district? I thought navasota was pretty big for a 3A

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Who went big school in y'all's district? I thought navasota was pretty big for a 3A

Taylor is larger.. They have about 100 more students than we do.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Navasota by +4 TD's

Still bitter....huh?

Bull's-eye
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Still bitter....huh?

:clap::clap:

and if PI had won, Navasota by 7 TD's??

BrahmaMom
12-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Well, no doubt this year's Rattlers are a special team, Hemo. That said, the Brahmas are special this year, too. That's why we play the game. I have seen the Navasota teams develop over the past decade and have watched the Brahmas cycle as well. Excited to see this match-up Friday night, the Buddy Bowl (in my memory at least in honor of the Red Moustache). Go Bulls!

sTxforlife
12-09-2012, 03:14 PM
You are out of your mind if you think Bellville's secondary is better than West Orange Stark's

OLE'BULL
12-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Navasota is really putting the cart before the horse. Are they predicted to win? Sure. Bellvilles D has improved each week in the playoffs. They are giving up 6 points a game, and held Port Isabel to under 100 yards of offense. This bullshit going on about region 4, come on man. While it is not the strongest region, the best team in 3A last year was in region 4. We held them to a TD. Navasota WILL NOT hang 50 on us, i can promise you that. I was hoping there would be mutual respect since we are from the same area. I guess that's not going to be the case. Your arrogance has already been made apparent, Navasota fans. Hopefully the team doesn't take after you. Bellville, lets keep it classy and win or lose with class before, during, and after the game. Bulls by a TD....

OLE'BULL
12-09-2012, 03:21 PM
You are out of your mind if you think Bellville's secondary is better than West Orange Stark's

Shouldn't you be talking about basketball or something? Don't come on to a thread just to berate a team that kept you from enjoying what we are. Jealousy is a terrible thing...

MJMbrahmas10
12-09-2012, 03:28 PM
You mess with the bull. You get the horns

sTxforlife
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Shouldn't you be talking about basketball or something? Don't come on to a thread just to berate a team that kept you from enjoying what we are. Jealousy is a terrible thing...
I've said this before on another thread, I AM NOT BERATING BELLVILLE! I have been cheering for them throughout the playoffs and giving them their credit when it is due. It is quite an accomplishment to make it this far into the playoffs. I am not jealous in any way, everyone on this board knows where I stand as far as Sealy not making the playoffs and why I think that. I wouldn't be mad if the Brahmas somehow did manage to pull this one out and make it to the state game because it would make our district look even stronger. Last time I checked I was allowed to voice my opinion on this forum no matter what it may be.

The Bull #40
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Man, I didn't think Navasota would be this cocky after being so used to gettin it handed to em by the Brahmas for so long. I'll go ahead and make my prediction now @ Hemo--- Rowe puts in a few more wrinkles offensively and we come into the game and control the clock (which apparently can't be done but we'll see about that), and get good pressure on the Navasota qb and ill say he throws as least two ints. Y'all will get y'all's points but we will too. And I say the BULLS WIN 35-28 and PARADE TO STATE!!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Well, no doubt this year's Rattlers are a special team, Hemo. That said, the Brahmas are special this year, too. That's why we play the game. I have seen the Navasota teams develop over the past decade and have watched the Brahmas cycle as well. Excited to see this match-up Friday night, the Buddy Bowl (in my memory at least in honor of the Red Moustache). Go Bulls!

Yes, he would have loved this matchup!

Bull's-eye
12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Excited to see this match-up Friday night, the Buddy Bowl (in my memory at least in honor of the Red Moustache). Go Bulls!

He wouldn't of missed this game for anything in the world.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Man, I didn't think Navasota would be this cocky after being so used to gettin it handed to em by the Brahmas for so long. I'll go ahead and make my prediction now @ Hemo--- Rowe puts in a few more wrinkles offensively and we come into the game and control the clock (which apparently can't be done but we'll see about that), and get good pressure on the Navasota qb and ill say he throws as least two ints. Y'all will get y'all's points but we will too. And I say the BULLS WIN 35-28 and PARADE TO STATE!!!

Before returning to 3a, we hadn't played Bellville since the 80s. I will give you your wins. Since playing Bellville again in the 2000s Bellville has won 4 of the the 6 matchup I believe. That has nothing to do with 2012. But, I will let you keep psyching yourself out if that helps you deal with reality.

OLE'BULL
12-09-2012, 04:13 PM
I've said this before on another thread, I AM NOT BERATING BELLVILLE! I have been cheering for them throughout the playoffs and giving them their credit when it is due. It is quite an accomplishment to make it this far into the playoffs. I am not jealous in any way, everyone on this board knows where I stand as far as Sealy not making the playoffs and why I think that. I wouldn't be mad if the Brahmas somehow did manage to pull this one out and make it to the state game because it would make our district look even stronger. Last time I checked I was allowed to voice my opinion on this forum no matter what it may be.

Well try being a better fan then. I have never seen so much negativity from someone "cheering" for the bulls. While not much makes me happier(in high school football) than being at least partially responsible for the Tigers watching the playoffs from the stands, I would want nothing but the best from the teams representing our district in the playoffs. Hopefully you feel the same way...

hookandladder
12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Navasota is beatable this year just like they were last year , this will come down to Bellville secondary playing well and Bellville's offense running to control the clock. It can be done and all you have to do is look at La Grange game plan against Navasota last year, I am not knocking Navasota they are a solid team this year however they are without their leader on defense. This is where Bellville must take avantage and that is running right at their D, that is exactly what we did last year and then hit them with the pass. If the Bellville D does not step up against the pass it could be a long night, I feel this game will be closer then most think. I plan on making this game , Good luck to both teams and hopefully a injury free game.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2012, 04:26 PM
:clap::clap:

and if PI had won, Navasota by 7 TD's??He was picking Navarro the week before against PI. Not sure who he really supports lol.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Navasota is beatable this year just like they were last year , this will come down to Bellville secondary playing well and Bellville's offense running to control the clock. It can be done and all you have to do is look at La Grange game plan against Navasota last year, I am not knocking Navasota they are a solid team this year however they are without their leader on defense. This is where Bellville must take avantage and that is running right at their D, that is exactly what we did last year and then hit them with the pass. If the Bellville D does not step up against the pass it could be a long night, I feel this game will be closer then most think. I plan on making this game , Good luck to both teams and hopefully a injury free game.

CLUELESS. Give it a rest. When did you see Navasota play, Hook? You are hanging two entire seasons based on the Navasota vs La Grange game from a year ago and everyone in the state knew that Navasota's defense was suspect... Get over it! BTW, Navasota has been without that injured player since playing Lexington, which I may add, was the 4th game of the season. NEWSFLASH, the defense has only gotten better. Just imagine what Navasota's defense would be like if he were playing.

As I have stated before, it is posible for a team to have an off night... You then went on the make the prediction vs Sealy based on the Navasota/La Grange game.. Haven't you learned?

So, don't act as if you have it all figured out. Maybe you should have had more advice for the Leopards against El Campo..

Navasota 2011 vs 2012- a night and day difference on the deffensive side of the ball....BTW, if you don't believe that, why don't you make the trip to Waller? Wear Red and sit on the visitors side.

It's funny how all you have to say is about the La Grange versus Navasota from last year.... What a joke!

sTxforlife
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Well try being a better fan then. I have never seen so much negativity from someone "cheering" for the bulls. While not much makes me happier(in high school football) than being at least partially responsible for the Tigers watching the playoffs from the stands, I would want nothing but the best from the teams representing our district in the playoffs. Hopefully you feel the same way...
That is exactly how I feel, however I am not a die hard Bellville fan so I see this matchup going a little differently than most people. I wish the Brahmas the best but I just don't see them keeping this one close.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 05:15 PM

It must really be difficult for you.....having to follow Bellville through the playoffs.

sTxforlife
12-09-2012, 05:17 PM
It must really be difficult for you.....having to follow Bellville through the playoffs.
I could honestly care less actually

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM
CLUELESS. Give it a rest. When did you see Navasota play, Hook? You are hanging two entire seasons based on the Navasota vs La Grange game from a year ago and everyone in the state knew that Navasota's defense was suspect... Get over it! BTW, Navasota has been without that injured player since playing Lexington, which I may add, was the 4th game of the season. NEWSFLASH, the defense has only gotten better. Just imagine what Navasota's defense would be like if he were playing.

As I have stated before, it is posible for a team to have an off night... You then went on the make the prediction vs Sealy based on the Navasota/La Grange game.. Haven't you learned?

So, don't act as if you have it all figured out. Maybe you should have had more advice for the Leopards against El Campo..

Navasota 2011 vs 2012- a night and day difference on the deffensive side of the ball....BTW, if you don't believe that, why don't you make the trip to Waller? Wear Red and sit on the visitors side.

It's funny how all you have to say is about the La Grange versus Navasota from last year.... What a joke!

I'm going to go the other way with this prediction. Having seen Navasota play (especially against LM)...Navasota will play all 11 defenders within 5-7 yards of the ball....much like Sealy did. That said, its going to be up to Fuchs to complete some passes. There is definitely some opportunites to throw the ball on Navasota (as seen against LM) when they load up. Insert Madden Quote: We are going to outscore them to win. I hope that the turnover differential remains in our favor and the Bulls can create a few of those. It's going to take a few miscues from Navasota and a pretty spotless game from Bellville, but anything can happen on any given night. REMEMBER MARLIN?

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Like I said, Keep psyching yourself out. I expect you to support your tean, you should. But, reality will hit. All I'm going to say is, NEXT!

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm going to go the other way with this prediction. Having seen Navasota play (especially against LM)...Navasota will play all 11 defenders within 5-7 yards of the ball....much like Sealy did. That said, its going to be up to Fuchs to complete some passes. There is definitely some opportunites to throw the ball on Navasota (as seen against LM) when they load up. Insert Madden Quote: We are going to outscore them to win. I hope that the turnover differential remains in our favor and the Bulls can create a few of those. It's going to take a few miscues from Navasota and a pretty spotless game from Bellville, but anything can happen on any given night. REMEMBER MARLIN?

And you should know that Bellville is no La Marque.. And Navasota ain't no Sealy.

rb585
12-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Navasota is in for a rude awakening. i would say that the only tough team they have played all year is maybe la marque ...

No trolling in this part of the lake per game warden's orders.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
I could honestly care less actually

Then get off of this thread......

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 06:09 PM
And you should know that Bellville is no La Marque.. And Navasota ain't no Sealy.

LM and Sealy probably have more respect for their opponents. Not comparing the yeams talent wise....just saying that is your answer to stop running teams. Just like Sealy did against us and just like you did against La Marque. Would you like to place a wager on the way you guys line up against us or the way we try to exploit that alignment?

sTxforlife
12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Then get off of this thread......
Why should I? It's the right of every member on this board to express their opinion when they want. Don't get your panties in a wad just because you don't like or don't agree with what I say.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
LM and Sealy probably have more respect for their opponents. Not comparing the yeams talent wise....just saying that is your answer to stop running teams. Just like Sealy did against us and just like you did against La Marque. Would you like to place a wager on the way you guys line up against us or the way we try to exploit that alignment?

For what? It's not going to change the outcome.

Just to make it clear, this is a sports forum, not church. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. With that said, no one has ever disrespected Bellville. Some get it confused when you say that the other team doesn't have a chance or my team will beat your team. It's a competitive sport. I guess some of you have never played a sport in your life. I'm not sure what you were expecting. It's the battle for a trip to the finals. We aren't friends. Either put up or shut up. It's that simple!

striker
12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Looking forward to #RattlerNation filling this stadium come Friday!

http://wallerisd.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/1475187/Image/Parent%20Center/Photos/Bond/DSC_0217.JPG

MJMbrahmas10
12-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Looks like someone is excited now that Nasty-Soda finally broke the curse

TigerPride12
12-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Wow SO much Hype for this game! Enjoying reading all the members posts, but bottom line, it's up to the players and coaches on the outcome. Really wish I would have gotten to see Navasota play before this game so I could compare. I will say this,
Both teams are GREATLY coached. Fedora and Rowe are doing great things for their school and community. I feel the coach that can "outsmart" the other will come out on top. Now talent wise, I give the advantage to Navasota. Best of luck to both teams and I will be there with my popcorn and Dr. Pepper hoping for a great game!

striker
12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
It's Navasota. There is nothing "nasty" about it. Our team plays with class and our community supports them like no other. You will see come Friday. Good Luck and we look forward to a great game.

MJMbrahmas10
12-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Sorry lol. I was not referring to y'all being nasty. Just like using the name

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Looks like someone is excited now that Nasty-Soda finally broke the curse

What does Bellville have to show for their last 6 years? I rather be in a quarterfinal matchup than not to even be in the playoffs or out in the first or second round.

striker
12-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Here are highlights from the Navasota v. La Marque game created by our NHS Media Crew. They should have the West Orange-Stark game early this week. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5irkeKarRig&feature=plcp

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Why should I? It's the right of every member on this board to express their opinion when they want. Don't get your panties in a wad just because you don't like or don't agree with what I say.

Don't claim to have supported or followed Bellville for all of the playoffs and then turn around and talk crap about them. Bottomline....I havent seen you since the Sealy game. You must just pop in when you think Bellville has a chance to lose and then start spewing garbage.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 06:59 PM
What does Bellville have to show for their last 6 years? I rather be in a quarterfinal matchup than not to even be in the playoffs or out in the first or second round.

Why bring up the last 6 years when all that matters is this one? Want history....look up the last 6 meetings between Navasota and Bellville....Pointless right?

sTxforlife
12-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Don't claim to have supported or followed Bellville for all of the playoffs and then turn around and talk crap about them. Bottomline....I havent seen you since the Sealy game. You must just pop in when you think Bellville has a chance to lose and then start spewing garbage.
Yep that's exactly what I do, it's my sole goal in life to talk bad about a bunch of high school kids. Dam you found me out! You Bellville fans crack me up.

pirate4state
12-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Good stuff and it is only Sunday!! Lol

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
For what? It's not going to change the outcome.

Just to make it clear, this is a sports forum, not church. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. With that said, no one has ever disrespected Bellville. Some get it confused when you say that the other team doesn't have a chance or my team will beat your team. It's a competitive sport. I guess some of you have never played a sport in your life. I'm not sure what you were expecting. It's the battle for a trip to the finals. We aren't friends. Either put up or shut up. It's that simple!

Do I need to take you to church?

And you're right....I just gave miy opinion. I never said you disrespected Bellville...I simply said I'm sure they have more respect for their opponents than you do. I sat on the LM side, we played Sealy (out biggest rival)....I would know how much respect they show. You on the other hand, spew garbage each week and say that the opponents shouldnt even show up. Perhaps you should know that any team can win or lose on any given night. You may very well destroy Bellville, but to say they dont have a chance is just DUMB.

And I was going to ask you the same thing about playing a competitive sport. I'll bet you havent touched the level that I have. I've never claimed to be your friend nor do I ever want to be. Keep on being a keyboard hero.

sTxforlife
12-09-2012, 07:10 PM
I can't wait to watch how this thread develops later on into the week.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Yep that's exactly what I do, it's my sole goal in life to talk bad about a bunch of high school kids. Dam you found me out! You Bellville fans crack me up.

Well....at least that is out of the way. See at least we are good for a laugh....much different than the good for nothing label you gave us in the regular season.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Do I need to take you to church?

And you're right....I just gave miy opinion. I never said you disrespected Bellville...I simply said I'm sure they have more respect for their opponents than you do. I sat on the LM side, we played Sealy (out biggest rival)....I would know how much respect they show. You on the other hand, spew garbage each week and say that the opponents shouldnt even show up. Perhaps you should know that any team can win or lose on any given night. You may very well destroy Bellville, but to say they dont have a chance is just DUMB.

And I was going to ask you the same thing about playing a competitive sport. I'll bet you havent touched the level that I have. I've never claimed to be your friend nor do I ever want to be. Keep on being a keyboard hero.

You taking me somewhere? I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. Three college degrees and a good job allows me to get myself where I need to be.

And show me where I've stated a team shouldn't show up. And, it's not garbage when you can back it up.

Aren't you a UIL official? I'm so glad that you will not be calling any Rattler games any time soon.

hookandladder
12-09-2012, 07:16 PM

Wow you are very defensive when someone post something you disagree with , glad you do not represent the entire Navasota fan base because most of them are a little more level headed. Talk your **** right now to me but we still have a couple championships to hang our head on, what has Navasota done in the last 10 years. Make the playoffs and play a few rounds but no championships , you better win the championship with as much **** as your talking. Just beating Bellville will not accomplish crap and yes I plan on being at the game however I will wear Purple and Gold. You know that color , it's the one that has won State in football and baseball in the same year. Take that.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Like I said, Keep psyching yourself out. I expect you to support your tean, you should. But, reality will hit. All I'm going to say is, NEXT!

This is one of the many comments saying that the team shouldnt even show up, but didnt feel like reading through all of them. Congrats on your degrees....BTW.

Also, we werent talking degrees. We were talking competitive sports. I'm sure that my 3 degrees are nothing compared to yours.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
You taking me somewhere? I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. Three college degrees and a good job allows me to get myself where I need to be.

And show me where I've stated a team shouldn't show up. And, it's not garbage when you can back it up.

Aren't you a UIL official? I'm so glad that you will not be calling any Rattler games any time soon.

I am a member of TASO. I watch games and rate officials. Meaning that I don't ref games any longer. I did cover a few Navasota games earlier in the year....maybe I should have been more specific in prior threads.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Wow you are very defensive when someone post something you disagree with , glad you do not represent the entire Navasota fan base because most of them are a little more level headed. Talk your **** right now to me but we still have a couple championships to hang our head on, what has Navasota done in the last 10 years. Make the playoffs and play a few rounds but no championships , you better win the championship with as much **** as your talking. Just beating Bellville will not accomplish crap and yes I plan on being at the game however I will wear Purple and Gold. You know that color , it's the one that has won State in football and baseball in the same year. Take that.

Congratulations! Should I give you an award or something? Did I push a button little pussy cat? Winning a championship in baseball and football in 2000 doesn't have anything to with 2012. So, it's okay for you and others to share their opinion and when I share mines, it's garbage?

My opinion is that Navasota vs Bellville will not be close. End of Story!

Sorry pussy cats! You thought that you had a special team but lost in the first round. Maybe next year or maybe you can brag about winning a football championship in 2000. Hell, maybe Navasota needs to start bragging about winning the basketball title by going 35-0.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 07:30 PM
This is one of the many comments saying that the team shouldnt even show up, but didnt feel like reading through all of them. Congrats on your degrees....BTW.

Also, we werent talking degrees. We were talking competitive sports. I'm sure that my 3 degrees are nothing compared to yours.

You are right, probably not. Just know that you could never do anything for me. But, thanks for the gesture.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:39 PM
You are right, probably not. Just know that you could never do anything for me. But, thanks for the gesture.

I don't remember offering you anything BUD. Highly educated and can't use proper grammar or punctuation. What is this world coming to?

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Congratulations! Should I give you an award or something? Did I push a button little pussy cat? Winning a championship in baseball and football in 2000 doesn't have anything to with 2012. So, it's okay for you and others to share their opinion and when I share mines, it's garbage?

Sorry pussy cats! You thought that you had a special team but lost in the first round. Maybe next year or maybe you can brag about winning a football championship in 2000. Hell, maybe Navasota needs to start bragging about winning the basketball title by going 35-0.

I guess you never grew up.....

Pussy cat? Really?

OH...and BTW. There was another indication that Bellville shouldn't show up.

You just aren't smart.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I don't remember offering anything to you there BUD. Highly educated and can't use proper grammar or punctuation. What is this world coming to?

You offered to take me to church. I declined.

Do you care to explain the lack of proper grammar or punctuation? BTW, I'm on my iPhone for now, so it is possible.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I guess you never grew up.....

Pussy cat? Really?

OH...and BTW. There was another indication that Bellville shouldn't show up.

You just aren't smart.

I'm smart enough to pick the team who will win. I guess that I would say that those who think that Bellville will win are the ones that aren't very smart or they are possibly delusional.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM
We should probably just get back to football and the game at hand....before this takes away from both teams amazing run.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
You offered to take me to church. I declined.

Do you care to explain the lack of proper grammar or punctuation? BTW, I'm on my iPhone for now, so it is possible.

Come on now....everyone needs some church in their life.

I don't feel that I need to explain it to you. You read your prior posts and you get back with me.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm smart enough to pick the team who will win. I guess that I would say that those who think that Bellville will win are the ones that aren't very smart or they are possibly delusional.

Has anyone really come out and said "Bellville will win this game?" I don't think so. We are paying your team some respect and saying that we know Navasota is a great team, but anything can happen on any given day.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Has anyone really come out and said "Bellville will win this game?" I don't think so. We are paying your team some respect and saying that we know Navasota is a great team, but anything can happen on any given day.

I agree. Like I said before, I'm always rootin' for Bellville when they aren't playing Navasota. I have tons of friends who are from Bellville. So, some of the trash talking has crossed over to this site. I will never disrespect the Brahma program because it's a program that I believe in.

In the past, if I believed that the opponent was better, I have picked against my Rattlers. Yes, I do agree that anything can happen. But, I've also stated that this Rattler team is very special. Had it been last season, I probably wouldn't have been so confident.

Good luck to both teams!

OLE'BULL
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM
It's amazing what living North of the Brazos will do to a man. HEMO, I sure hope you aren't eating a big old pot of crow come next Saturday. I will give you this, you are a very confident fan. Good luck to both teams and lets hope for an injury free game. I want Bellville to be 100% when we head north to Jerry World. :stirpot:

YTBulldogs
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Love what Coach Rowe has instilled in his kid's heart and attitude over the past 2 years in Bellville. Both schools coached by the games best. Should be a great game. Good luck to both.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
It's amazing what living North of the Brazos will do to a man. HEMO, I sure hope you aren't eating a big old pot of crow come next Saturday. I will give you this, you are a very confident fan. Good luck to both teams and lets hope for an injury free game. I want Bellville to be 100% when we head north to Jerry World. :stirpot:

Hey, if Bellville wins, so be it. I will be the first to congratulate them and I will be in line for my crow.

Bull's-eye
12-09-2012, 08:23 PM
I think the team that scores the most points will win, but what do I know? :D

Guys, it's going to be a long week on this board, let's stick to football.

striker
12-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Bellville has had a good program for as long as I have been connected to Navasota Football (1999). I am not sure what happened to them once Coach Huey Chancellor left, but I'm glad to see the turn around. Bellville v. Navasota games have always been intense and I am sure this one will be no different. Looking forward to an exciting game come Friday in Waller. Can someone post season records, opponents, and scores?

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey, if Bellville wins, so be it. I will be the first to congratulate them and I will be in line for my crow.

+1

you're a confident guy but have never backed away from giving your opponents credit/eating crow when necessary.

Having said that, I fully anticipate a strong showing by the Rattlers and a trip to Dallas.

Good luck to both teams. May the best team win.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Bellville 11-3
Avg 34. 14 points per game in 14 games
Allowing 23 points per game in 14 games
Avg 29.75 pts per game in the Playoffs
Allowing 7 points per game in the Playoffs

Bellville 77 Caldwell 15
Kinkaid 41 Bellville 13
Giddings 21 Bellville 14
Bellville 28 Sweeny 26
Bellville 55 Columbus 6
El Campo 28 Bellville 7
Bellville 56 Royal 0
Bellville 30 Wharton 0
Bellville 52 Needville 7
Bellville 27 Sealy 17
Bellville 34 Cuero 14
Bellville 21 Wimberely 7
Bellville 42 Orange Gove 0
Bellville 22 Port Isabel 0

Navasota 14-0
Avg 43 pts per game in 14 games
Allowing 6.5 pts per game in 14 games
Avg 47.5 pts per game in the playoffs
Allowing 14.25 points per game in the playoffs

Navasota 42 Willis 0
Navasota 36 Coldspring 8
Navasota 49 Houston Sterling 6
Navasota 45 Lexington 13
Navasota 41 Fairfield 7
Navasota 57 Austin McCallum 9
Navasota 38 Madisonville 0
Navasota 43 Rockdale 0
Navasota 58 Caldwell 0
Navasota 52 Taylor 0
Navasota 62 China Spring 16
Navasota 59 Jasper 14
Navasota 31 La Marque 20
Navasota 38 West Orange Stark 7

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
+1

you're a confident guy but have never backed away from giving your opponents credit/eating crow when necessary.

Having said that, I fully anticipate a strong showing by the Rattlers and a trip to Dallas.

Good luck to both teams. May the best team win.

Thanks... as you stated, it's just confidence... I've seen many Rattler teams that we "thought was good." Folks, I am telling you, this Rattler team is really good.

striker
12-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Who is Kinkaid?

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Who is Kinkaid?

Private school out of Houston. They went 8-3 on the season.

striker
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
I'd like to hear what Kinkaid did to score 41 points in Week 2. The Brahmas were coming off a 62 point drubbing of Caldwell the week before.

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Kincaid was one of the few passing teams Bellville faced all year. They are a spread team and average about 250 per game through the air. They got over 220 against Bellville in the air and another 240 on the ground.

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Bellville opponents
Caldwell run team
Kincaid passing/spread
Giddings run
Sweeny run
Columbus mix
El Campo run
Royal pass
Wharton run with pass mixed in
Needville run
Sealy mix/spread
Cuero run
Wimberley run
Orange Grove pass
Port Isabel running team

hookandladder
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Win you one and then you can talk, you still have to win 2 games. Funny how you have no support from other Navasota fans, who could blame them for not to back your comments up. No one on this tread has said anything negative about the Rattlers, you just feel you need to bad month anyone who thinks Bellville has a chance. Anything can happen in the playoffs, so at this point in the playoffs everyone has a shot.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Win you one and then you can talk, you still have to win 2 games. Funny how you have no support from other Navasota fans, who could blame them for not to back your comments up. No one on this tread has said anything negative about the Rattlers, you just feel you need to bad month anyone who thinks Bellville has a chance. Anything can happen in the playoffs, so at this point in the playoffs everyone has a shot.

I guess that when you are confident, you don't need the okay from anyone else... Atleast that was the way I was raised. BTW, go back and read the entire thread. And I haven't bad mouthed anyone but you. You are quick to throw the La Grange/Navasota game in the arguement. Seriously?

OLE'BULL
12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
This thread has already gotten out of hand and off topic, and I fell victim to the trap as well, guilty. Lets get back on the subject. What is Navasota going to do against the Brahmas.? Last week they were VERY balanced in the pass/rush yards. Damn near even. What will be the deciding factor? Hemo, spare us the "everything, Navasota is better, etc". How are the Rattlers going to beat Bellville? How are the Brahmas going to beat Navasota?

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 10:04 PM
This thread has already gotten out of hand and off topic, and I fell victim to the trap as well, guilty. Lets get back on the subject. What is Navasota going to do against the Brahmas.? Last week they were VERY balanced in the pass/rush yards. Damn near even. What will be the deciding factor? Hemo, spare us the "everything, Navasota is better, etc". How are the Rattlers going to beat Bellville? How are the Brahmas going to beat Navasota?

Well, to beat Navasota, IMO, it will take a very balanced team and a shut down defense. I agree, it is the playoffs and anything can happen including a bad night, injuries, etc. I've seen Navasota have an off game against La Marque and they still managed to get the W. La Marque had something to do with that off night as well.

As far as Navasota goes, I think that they will just need to do what they have done all year. We play the run really well. The Navasota secondary has given up some deep passes but they have also gotten many interceptions. Most recently, they had 2 against WOS including one that was ran back for a pick 6.

In the playoffs, we've given the ball up 2 times against China Spring, Once I believe against Jasper, 3 times against La Marque and 3 or 4 times against WOS. Other talk about their team giving up the ball, but Navasota has been giving up the ball as well. The difference is that Navasota has capitalized on the other team's mistakes.

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Wrong hook, we support Hemo because he has stated his opinion and stands behind it. I will put it this way, Bellville has had a very good year. If you take away a rough night against Kincaid and playing a very good El Campo a great game, oh, and the loss to Giddings, they would be undefeated. My point is that they have proven they can be beat 3 times, and only one of those losses came to a playoff team. Navasota is undefeated no one has yet proved capable of stopping them. I will say what I said earlier in this thread: If you want to beat Navasota, you better be prepared to put up at least 30 + points because the Rattler will get 30 or more. Get your 30 + against Navasota's defense and I will give your team all the credit in the world. Some pretty good teams have tried and failed.

As for LaGrange, comparing last year's Rattlers to the 2012 version is like saying that the Dallas Cowboys will always be champions because they have won some Super Bowls. Your team played a helluva game last year and the same Rattler team went on to lose to Chapel Hill in the Quarterfinals after leading in the fourth quarter. The same Chapel Hill that won the championship. If both teams were the same in the next year, where the hell is LaGrange this year.

You guys all pick on Hemo for saying that he believes Navasota is the best team this year and bragging on his team. You on the other hand have done nothing but bring up last year's Navasota vs LaGrange and repeatedly run down Navasota as being overrated and beatable because they had a bad night against ya'll. If what happened last year, 12 years ago, or 40 years ago made a difference this year people would listen and take note. This is the 2012-2013 season, maybe if you lived in the present you would still be rooting for the Leopards.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 10:10 PM

I have already provided my 2 cents and my thoughts were shot down and disregarded by HEMO. Having seen Navasota play, I dont think we will be able to run on them. They have size in all of the right positions and speed to burn. They will load 11 in the box and dare Bellville to throw. Bellville will have to throw to be successful. LM had some opporunities, but it seemed like the QB was scared to throw the ball. He would tuck and run and had success with that at times. Defensively, the ball hawking better be in full effect. They have some athletes at WR and a QB that throws one of the best balls I have seen all season (his stats back it up). If we can force a few turnovers and capitalize on every opportunity that we get.....it could be an interesting game. I hate to compare the 2 teams, but this match up reminds me of the Bellville v. Marlin game in Bryan....lets just hope for the same outcome. Marlin was a heavy favorite. Everyone wrote off the Brahmas and we hung around long enough and pulled a W out of our butt.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I have already provided my 2 cents and my thoughts were shot down and disregarded by HEMO. Having seen Navasota play, I dont think we will be able to run on them. They have size in all of the right positions and speed to burn. They will load 11 in the box and dare Bellville to throw. Bellville will have to throw to be successful. LM had some opporunities, but it seemed like the QB was scared to throw the ball. He would tuck and run and had success with that at times. Defensively, the ball hawking better be in full effect. They have some athletes at WR and a QB that throws one of the best balls I have seen all season (his stats back it up). If we can force a few turnovers and capitalize on every opportunity that we get.....it could be an interesting game. I hate to compare the 2 teams, but this match up reminds me of the Bellville v. Marlin game in Bryan....lets just hope for the same outcome. Marlin was a heavy favorite. Everyone wrote off the Brahmas and we hung around long enough and pulled a W out of our butt.

I would like to apologize if you feel that I disregarded your opinion. I probably didn't agree with it, but, I respect it.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Wrong hook, we support Hemo because he has stated his opinion and stands behind it. I will put it this way, Bellville has had a very good year. If you take away a rough night against Kincaid and playing a very good El Campo a great game, oh, and the loss to Giddings, they would be undefeated. My point is that they have proven they can be beat 3 times, and only one of those losses came to a playoff team. Navasota is undefeated no one has yet proved capable of stopping them. I will say what I said earlier in this thread: If you want to beat Navasota, you better be prepared to put up at least 30 + points because the Rattler will get 30 or more. Get your 30 + against Navasota's defense and I will give your team all the credit in the world. Some pretty good teams have tried and failed.

As for LaGrange, comparing last year's Rattlers to the 2012 version is like saying that the Dallas Cowboys will always be champions because they have won some Super Bowls. Your team played a helluva game last year and the same Rattler team went on to lose to Chapel Hill in the Quarterfinals after leading in the fourth quarter. The same Chapel Hill that won the championship. If both teams were the same in the next year, where the hell is LaGrange this year.

You guys all pick on Hemo for saying that he believes Navasota is the best team this year and bragging on his team. You on the other hand have done nothing but bring up last year's Navasota vs LaGrange and repeatedly run down Navasota as being overrated and beatable because they had a bad night against ya'll. If what happened last year, 12 years ago, or 40 years ago made a difference this year people would listen and take note. This is the 2012-2013 season, maybe if you lived in the present you would still be rooting for the Leopards.

Kincaid made the playoffs as well.

Pot meet kettle....why even comment on those who bring up past records when you use the same in your arguments? The 3 losses are in the past. We are living in the present. Throw the records out of the window....all that matters is this game this week....right? You're right....Navasota hasn't proven that they can be beaten....yet.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I would like to appoligize if you feel that I disregarded your opinion. I probably didn't agree with it, but, I respect it.

Well...you tell me. If any team is to beat the Rattlers.....how do they do it? And don't give me the John Madden answer....."they have to outscore them to win." I have seen what worked for LM and how they almost made a game out of it. They were primarily a running team and Navasota loaded the box to stop the run. If their QB would have had more confidence to throw the ball and could hit wide open WRs....it may have been a different outcome. In my opinion, Fedora put the game in the defenses hands in the 2nd half and scaled back the offense and it almost backfired.

whitelightning5
12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I would like to appoligize if you feel that I disregarded your opinion. I probably didn't agree with it, but, I respect it.

Are you sure you have 3 degrees?

OldBison75
Ole Bull, I will give you my take:
The Rattler will do what they have done all year. If you choose to play the pass and zone defenses, the Rattlers will use the tunnel screen all night until you tighten up on the receivers. If you choose to go man to man, we will strike deep. Send the blitzes and you may get to the QB a few times, but he will still burn you because he is very mobile and throws very well on the run. Drop the LB's into pass coverage and we will run at you. And, if we get inside the 30 on your end of the field, we will kick a field goal. Our kicker has hit on 13 of 13 this year and has three over 40 yards.

For the Bulls, they will have to have long, sustained drives and eat clock effectively. They can't make mistakes and put the ball on the ground. Penalties must be kept to a minimum and don't get in third and long situations. Three and outs must be kept to a minimum to keep the Navasota offense off the field. Be very good in the kicking game and kick coverage.

OLE'BULL
Well, to beat Navasota, IMO, it will take a very balanced team and a shut down defense. I agree, it is the playoffs and anything can happen including a bad night, injuries, etc. I've seen Navasota have an off game against La Marque and they still managed to get the W. La Marque had something to do with that off night as well.

As far as Navasota goes, I think that they will just need to do what they have done all year. We play the run really well. The Navasota secondary has given up some deep passes but they have also gotten many interceptions. Most recently, they had 2 against WOS including one that was ran back for a pick 6.

In the playoffs, we've given the ball up 2 times against China Spring, Once I believe against Jasper, 3 times against La Marque and 3 or 4 times against WOS. Other talk about their team giving up the ball, but Navasota has been giving up the ball as well. The difference is that Navasota has capitalized on the other team's mistakes.

I think we have become a lot more balanced as the season went on. Started throwing the ball a lot better towards the end of the regular season. We didn't pass much last night (the wind was brutal) but Fuchs can throw a great ball. Hopefully he will have time to do it. Our slot T can be brutal on defenses and I am assuming Rowe will have some wrinkles for Navasota. We have been pretty good at creating turnovers and I believe we will need more than a couple Friday night. AND we will need to capitalize on all of them. I imagine the atmosphere will be just as we are suspecting and the players can really feed off of the crowd, as long as things are going there way. Here's to hoping the Brahma fans are doing all the cheering!

HEMOTOXIC
Kincaid made the playoffs as well.

Pot meet kettle....why even comment on those who bring up past records when you use the same in your arguments? The 3 losses are in the past. We are living in the present. Throw the records out of the window....all that matters is this game this week....right? You're right....Navasota hasn't proven that they can be beaten....yet.

Some of us were at the Wimberly game and the Bay City scrimmage where the receivers where running right by the CB's....Bellville better play better than that.

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Are you sure you have 3 degrees?

Promise. Not that I have to prove anything to you.:nerd:

As I stated before, I'm using my phone... And, I promise you, I'm not the worlds best speller. But, since you want to ding me for my spelling, I guess that I will need to do better. At first it was the grammer, etc. I asked what you were referring to but you never responded to that.

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 10:26 PM
The difference is I am comparing the two teams in this game this year. I am not basing my opinion on a game last year.

OLE'BULL
12-09-2012, 10:28 PM
How did the QB do rushing against WOS? I know he probably didn't have to due to the score. In closer games, will he put up some yards on the ground?

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 10:32 PM
How did the QB do rushing against WOS? I know he probably didn't have to due to the score. In closer games, will he put up some yards on the ground?

He's not a running QB... If you can pressure him and get him out his comfort zone of being in the pocket, you may have a ballgame.

OldBison75
12-09-2012, 10:33 PM
The Rattler QB does not run very much, but is capable of getting some yards. He will run only when he has to. He has very good vision and sees receivers when he is running. He has thrown away a bunch of times this year instead of throwing into coverage. He won't beat you running the ball, but he can pick up a first down when needed.

OLE'BULL
12-09-2012, 11:28 PM
He's not a running QB... If you can pressure him and get him out his comfort zone of being in the pocket, you may have a ballgame.

That will probably one of many things we will have to focus on, but good to know.

striker
12-09-2012, 11:38 PM
" Originally Posted by HEMOTOXIC
He's not a running QB... If you can pressure him and get him out his comfort zone of being in the pocket, you may have a ballgame."

That will probably one of many things we will have to focus on, but good to know.

I'm sure Coldspring, Jasper, La Marque, West Orange-Stark, and China Spring all forgot to focus on that aspect of our game....

OLE'BULL
12-09-2012, 11:46 PM
" Originally Posted by HEMOTOXIC
He's not a running QB... If you can pressure him and get him out his comfort zone of being in the pocket, you may have a ballgame."

I'm sure Coldspring, Jasper, La Marque, West Orange-Stark, and China Spring all forgot to focus on that aspect of our game....

Cool post man. Was just trying to figure out if he was a threat running the ball or not. Believe it or not, I haven't been to one Navasota game this year! Crazy huh!?!?

HEMOTOXIC
12-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Cool post man. Was just trying to figure out if he was a threat running the ball or not. Believe it or not, I haven't been to one Navasota game this year! Crazy huh!?!?

I'm looking forward to this matchup. On paper, Navasota should win but I know better. Bellville vs Navasota is always entertaining.

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 12:22 AM
I always did love the smell of smack talk this time of year.....someone ends up eating crow while the other has the privilege of smack talking for another week. Texas high school football....no state in the union can compare !!

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 12:26 AM
I always did love the smell of smack talk this time of year.....someone ends up eating crow while the other has the privilege of smack talking for another week. Texas high school football....no state in the union can compare !!

You are right.. This is my favorite time of the year!

navscanmaster
12-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Laughing at this thread. Navasota 45, Bellville 14 is my prediction based on bravado, statistics, opinion, and educated trolling. It is not to be misconstrued as fact, defamation or libel of any opposing parties, nor an admonition of any opponents for exiting the travel bus come Friday. You may now return to your bickering.

Manso/V8
12-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Navasota by as many as time allows...

You are playing right in to our hands. Sure, go ahead talk. You were all cool and respectful, with your Mr. Rogers swagger, "hoping" for a Bellville vs Navasota matchup in the semis........and that is your opening comment? Wow, even if I thought that about an opponent, I would never say it. Evidently you will, and that speak volumes about character and attitude, and matches very well with what I have seen from Navasota teams over the last few years. When the bright lights get close, you just can't help yourself, you want that trip to JerryWorld sooooo bad, that you look past this game, and the door gets slammed shut, just like it has, what is it?.....the last 5 or 6 years? You may think the Rattlers are all that and bag of chips, but the reality is, they are the masters at choking right at this point or maybe the round before every season. Maybe this year is special? It sounds like it from the way you swoon. Don't get too excited yet, put your pants back and go back to typing with both hands, there is still a game to be played, and I want to hear all about how/why the Rattlers won't choke this time around.

Oh yeah, Brahmas by 7.

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Sounds about right. I said 30+.

45-14 sounds about right.

Hope Bellville brings their A++ game.... They're gonna need it

Manso/V8
12-10-2012, 01:45 AM
Sounds about right. I said 30+.

45-14 sounds about right.

Hope Bellville brings their A++ game.... They're gonna need it

Knowing that you are picking against the Brahmas, again, makes me feel a lot more confident about the game. It is just simple statistics, you are so often soooo wrong. There are numerous examples to cite, but my favorite was how the 2012 'Necks were "as good or better" at Week 1 or Week 2 than the Week 10 2011 version , and then got rolled by 2A Hempstead. Don't worry grasshopper, your observation skills with improve over time.

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Knowing that you are picking against the Brahmas, again, makes me feel a lot more confident about the game. It is just simple statistics, you are so often soooo wrong. There are numerous examples to cite, but my favorite was how the 2012 'Necks were "as good or better" at Week 1 or Week 2 than the Week 10 2011 version , and then got rolled by 2A Hempstead. Don't worry grasshopper, your observation skills with improve over time.

What you don't know is WC lost 2 of their best players for the entire season in the 2nd game I believe. Things changed from that point on but think what you want. If you wanna see some predictions, go look at the playoff pickem thread. You'll see that I'm in the top 5 in both divisions. But hey, whatever... I don't know what I'm talking about. I said Navasota by 3 scores against WOS to be conservative and they won by 31.

You'll see on Friday. A 22 pt win over a weak PI team missing their best player? C'mon man.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 08:54 AM
You are playing right in to our hands. Sure, go ahead talk. You were all cool and respectful, with your Mr. Rogers swagger, "hoping" for a Bellville vs Navasota matchup in the semis........and that is your opening comment? Wow, even if I thought that about an opponent, I would never say it. Evidently you will, and that speak volumes about character and attitude, and matches very well with what I have seen from Navasota teams over the last few years. When the bright lights get close, you just can't help yourself, you want that trip to JerryWorld sooooo bad, that you look past this game, and the door gets slammed shut, just like it has, what is it?.....the last 5 or 6 years? You may think the Rattlers are all that and bag of chips, but the reality is, they are the masters at choking right at this point or maybe the round before every season. Maybe this year is special? It sounds like it from the way you swoon. Don't get too excited yet, put your pants back and go back to typing with both hands, there is still a game to be played, and I want to hear all about how/why the Rattlers won't choke this time around.

Oh yeah, Brahmas by 7.

I'm dead serious. Why do people get so upset when someone picks against their team or gives a prediction? It's called a prediction for a reason. Be my guest, you are free to make you own, inwhich I see that you have. No, I am not going to bash the Bellville program. Yes, Navasota has had a great run over the last 6 years. By the way, it is Interesting that you even brought that up. You can call it choking or whatever adjective you can think of. But, the truth is, Navasota has done what no one else has been able to do. Some programs wish that they could have even made the playoffs. Not to call any team out, but if the shoe fits, wear the damn thing. As I have stated before, it takes a quality program to do what Navasota had done in those six years. You can laugh now, but, where has Bellville been in the 6 years? While you were playing Thanksgiving at grandma's, we were planning that along with our football game the following day.

And, Manso, no one is looking past Bellville. I know what Navasota has and I've seen what Bellville has. Based on MY observations, I was able to form an opinion about the game. Whether I am wrong or right, I will live with that. I have been wrong before and I'm sure that I will be wrong again.

Prior to playing WOS, you mentioned Navasota peaking too soon. WRONG. You were hoping that were the case. You got the Rattlers, now come get you some. To all my friends in Bellville, this will be a good game. But, IMO, Navasota should win this game. Please feel free to make your own opinion. It's okay if I don't agree with it. I will not bash Bellville's program or the town.

Red Bull
12-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Hemo,

Thanks for all the season scores, etc.., but your figures are off a little on how much Bellville has given up scoring wise on the season and in the playoffs. Bellville has only given up around 12 pts per game on the season and only 5 pts per game in the playoffs. No big deal, but just wanted to clear that up and show defense is not giving up as much as you showed.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Hemo,

Thanks for all the season scores, etc.., but your figures are off a little on how much Bellville has given up scoring wise on the season and in the playoffs. Bellville has only given up around 12 pts per game on the season and only 5 pts per game in the playoffs. No big deal, but just wanted to clear that up and show defense is not giving up as much as you showed.

I stand corrected, you are correct. Believe me, it was not intentional by any means. Thanks for pointing that out.

OLE'BULL
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I'm dead serious. Why do people get so upset when someone picks against their team or gives a prediction? It's called a prediction for a reason. Be my guest, you are free to make you own, inwhich I see that you have. No, I am not going to bash the Bellville program. Yes, Navasota has had a great run over the last 6 years. By the way, it is Interesting that you even brought that up. You can call it choking or whatever adjective you can think of. But, the truth is, Navasota has done what no one else has been able to do. Some programs wish that they could have even made the playoffs. Not to call any team out, but if the shoe fits, wear the damn thing. As I have stated before, it takes a quality program to do what Navasota had done in those six years. You can laugh now, but, where has Bellville been in the 6 years? While you were playing Thanksgiving at grandma's, we were planning that along with our football game the following day.

And, Manso, no one is looking past Bellville. I know what Navasota has and I've seen what Bellville has. Based on MY observations, I was able to form an opinion about the game. Whether I am wrong or right, I will live with that. I have been wrong before and I'm sure that I will be wrong again.

Prior to playing WOS, you mentioned Navasota peaking too soon. WRONG. You were hoping that were the case. You got the Rattlers, now come get you some. To all my friends in Bellville, this will be a good game. But, IMO, Navasota should win this game. Please feel free to make your own opinion. It's okay if I don't agree with it. I will not bash Bellville's program or the town.

HEMO, you are 100% correct you have the right to form your own opinion, and we have to live with it. I am in a little "dispute" on the Belllvill/Port Isabel thread because after watching our game against them, I said I was not really impressed with PI. There was alot of pregame hype coming from them, and I just didnt see what it was all about, maybe I missed something. SO, I can live with your opinion, no hard feelings. BUT, I can tell you that even though I am not sure what exactly Navasota has done in the last 6 years that "no one else has been able to do", and I may be ignorant here, but I can tell you this: I would much rather have done what Sealy did in the mid to late 90's. Four in a row is something that Navasota AND/OR Bellville has never been able to even sniff. Teams like that are ones with storied tradition, teams you can say things about them like "no one else has been able to do". AND TRUST ME, I am not anywhere close to a Sealy Tiger fan, but I can respect what they have been able to accomplish...

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 09:13 AM
HEMO, you are 100% correct you have the right to form your own opinion, and we have to live with it. I am in a little "dispute" on the Belllvill/Port Isabel thread because after watching our game against them, I said I was not really impressed with PI. There was alot of pregame hype coming from them, and I just didnt see what it was all about, maybe I missed something. SO, I can live with your opinion, no hard feelings. BUT, I can tell you that even though I am not sure what exactly Navasota has done in the last 6 years that "no one else has been able to do", and I may be ignorant here, but I can tell you this: I would much rather have done what Sealy did in the mid to late 90's. Four in a row is something that Navasota AND/OR Bellville has never been able to even sniff. Teams like that are ones with storied tradition, teams you can say things about them like "no one else has been able to do". AND TRUST ME, I am not anywhere close to a Sealy Tiger fan, but I can respect what they have been able to accomplish...

I agree. A championship or two would have been nice. Btw, they are referencing Navasota losing in the quarterfinals for the last 5 consecutive years.

OLE'BULL
12-10-2012, 09:16 AM
I agree. A championship or two would have been nice. Btw, they are referencing Navasota losing in the quarterfinals for the last 5 consecutive years.

Got ya, thanks. That had to be frustrating...

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 09:19 AM
Got ya, thanks. That had to be frustrating...

It was. Especially in those games where we had the opportunity to win.

hookandladder
12-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Maybe I should have just said last year I saw a team with a good game plan to beat Navasota and it would benefit Bellville to look at what they did, As I said before Navasota is definitely a solid team but anybody is beatable on any given night. Trust me I would love to be in Navasota's shoe's with everyone trying to figuire out how to beat us, for the record yes I thought we had a solid team this year however we just put ourselves in to big a hole against El Campo in the first quarter and ended up losing by 2 Td's. Again I still feel this game will be closer then most think , Good Luck to both team , plan to there for it. Lastly I have nothing against Navasota , my son enjoyed playing select ball with a number of the senior players. Great kids and parents , Good times.

buff4ever
12-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Navasota will prove to be too much. This year started as Navasota's year, and I believe it is going to end as Navasota's year.

Red Bull
12-10-2012, 12:40 PM
First of all, congrats to both teams for making it this far in the playoffs.

Secondly, I wonder if weather may play a factor in this ball game? Friday forecast calls for 40-50% chance of rain / storms with new front coming in this weekend. That could play a factor as well.

Lastly, Good luck to Bellville. It will be David and Goliath, but we all know how that one ended. Go Bellville!

Bull's-eye
12-10-2012, 01:02 PM

Yes, congratulations to both teams for winning their region. Navasota is the R3 champions & Bellville is the R4 champions! :clap::clap::clap:

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Promise. Not that I have to prove anything to you.:nerd:

As I stated before, I'm using my phone... And, I promise you, I'm not the worlds best speller. But, since you want to ding me for my spelling, I guess that I will need to do better. At first it was the grammer, etc. I asked what you were referring to but you never responded to that.

I shouldnt have to. You should be able to read your comments and find your own mistakes.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM

Secondly, I wonder if weather may play a factor in this ball game? Friday forecast calls for 40-50% chance of rain / storms with new front coming in this weekend. That could play a factor as well.

Lastly, Good luck to Bellville. It will be David and Goliath, but we all know how that one ended. Go Bellville!

Hopefully, gametime conditions will be dry.

I'm looking @ the forecast now. It's showing a high of 69 and a low of 59 with a 20% chance of rain for Friday. I guess that we will have to stay posted.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I shouldnt have to. You should be able to read your comments and find your own mistakes.

Dude, let it go!

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Dude, let it go!

Why bring up a Bay City scrimmage? You act as if the team hasn't shown any growth since this point. I will give you Wimb. as a measuring stick. As with any passing team, WRs will be open at times. Thankfully, we were able to limit the scoring. Bend, but don't break....while creating turnovers has been our forte.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Why bring up a Bay City scrimmage? You act as if the team hasn't shown any growth since this point. I will give you Wimb. as a measuring stick. As with any passing team, WRs will be open at times. Thankfully, we were able to limit the scoring. Bend, but don't break....while creating turnovers has been our forte.

Games are about matchups. Just as people have commented on games from this year and last, it all boils down to matchups. So, why bring up the La Marque game or any other game that didn't involve Navasota vs Bellville?

See you Friday!

Manso/V8
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Who is David and who is Goliath in this one?

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Games are about matchups. Just as people have commented on games from this year and last, it all boils down to matchups. So, why bring up the La Marque game or any other game that didn't involve Navasota vs Bellville?

See you Friday!

I am merely saying that this is how Navasota lines up on defense. If that twists your britches....not my problem. I am saying that is how Sealy lined up against us....it will be the same look. Am I comparing Navasota to Sealy....no. Just saying it will be the same look.

And I can't wait cupcake....

Please ask them to take it easy on the lowly Brahmas.

UPanIN
12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
IMHO if Belliville gets off to a good start then we have a fight and Belliville has proved from the past that that's not good for the Rattlers except for I think 2004 when the Rattlers beat them at the Pit. Belliville has always been tough when playing Navasota.

With that said, Belliville should hope that Navasota doesn't get off because if they do it will be a very very long night for them. I have not seen Belliville this year so I have to assume they didn't get to this game by being lucky but by being good. WOS and LM were considered good by the people that are supposed to know.

This is the best Navasota team I've seen in 10+ years. If this Belliville team is the best they have had in 10+ years then it will be a good game . If not then Belliville will not be going to Dallas.

It's very hard for people of other towns to wrap their minds around this Rattler team and how they have played this year. I agree that Belliville has a chance to win this game and if they do then I hope they go on and win it all.

Navasota by 2 TD and I'm being very conservative because it is Belliville.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I am merely saying that this is how Navasota lines up on defense. If that twists your britches....not my problem. I am saying that is how Sealy lined up against us....it will be the same look. Am I comparing Navasota to Sealy....no. Just saying it will be the same look.

And I can't wait cupcake....

Please ask them to take it easy on the lowly Brahmas.

Got ya sweetie.

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Got ya sweetie.

At least that's out of the way....

HEMO....You never responded to my question. Look at comment 129.

Manso/V8
12-10-2012, 02:54 PM
What you don't know is WC lost 2 of their best players for the entire season in the 2nd game I believe. Things changed from that point on but think what you want. If you wanna see some predictions, go look at the playoff pickem thread. You'll see that I'm in the top 5 in both divisions. But hey, whatever... I don't know what I'm talking about. I said Navasota by 3 scores against WOS to be conservative and they won by 31.

You'll see on Friday. A 22 pt win over a weak PI team missing their best player? C'mon man.

Yeah, you are right, I didn't know WC lost two of their best players in the 2nd game. I hate that for those kids. I am glad to hear you are doing well in the pickem. I just remember a number of times when you were way off in predictions that you expressed such great confidence in, and based on your comments seemed to be based on bias or popular thought flow. So I thought I would remind you of those times. Maybe they have been wiped clean from the memory bank.

Congrats on getting the Navasota - WOS prediction right. I didn't have a number, but I too thought Navasota would prevail. I always take the WOS chatter with a grain of salt because a lot of it seems to based on how good they have been in the past.

You didn't care for our 22 point win over PI? We won, but certainly didn't play our best game.
We are playing better football now, but we haven't peaked.
Our best game is what we need to take down the Rattlers, and I think we primed for that to happen.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM
At least that's out of the way....

HEMO....You never responded to my question. Look at comment 129.

Yes sir..

I think that I answered it later... But, here goes...

To beat Navasota, Bellville will have to be effective in both the run game and the passing game. They will have to put together some long drives to limit Navasota's offense from taking the field. As Hook stated, La Grange did the best job that anyone has done in the last 2 years of keeping Navasota's offense off the field. Bellville will have to limit their turnovers as Navasota has shown that they will make you pay.

Defensively, Bellville will have to keep Navasota's offense off the field. I have seen teams try various tatics but none have really worked. On the other hand, La Marque has probably done the best defensive job against the Rattlers than any other team. They dropped 8 in to coverage and dared Navasota to run. Fortunately for Navasota, we were able to move the ball and get the first downs.

Maybe Bellville will try to play Navasota man up like WOS. In that game, we proved that going man did not benefit WOS. At this point, it is anyone's guess what Bellville will try to slow down the Rattlers.

I have seen all the games between Navasota and Bellville since we returned to 3a including the beatdown in 2003 at Brule Field. I know that Bellville will come out and play Navasota tough.

As I have stated in the past, I'm always rootin' for Bellville when they are not playing Navasota. So, when I pick Navasota to win, it's nothing personal because I happen to like the Bellville tradition and their programs. I also have many friends who are from Bellville. From what I have seen from Navasota is incedible play. In the past, the defense was not up to par with the offense. This year, we are playing well in all aspects of the game. The defense has shown that it will get the stops for the high powered Rattler offense. And, special teams has shown to be very good too.

I actually look forward to this game. Two area teams going at it for the chance to make the trip to Dallas. Man, what a game this will be!

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Yes sir..

I think that I answered it later... But, here goes...

To beat Navasota, Bellville will have to be effective in both the run game and the passing game. They will have to put together some long drives to limit Navasota's offense from taking the field. As Hook stated, La Grange did the best job that anyone has done in the last 2 years of keeping Navasota's offense off the field. Bellville will have to limit their turnovers as Navasota has shown that they will make you pay.

Defensively, Bellville will have to keep Navasota's offense off the field. I have seen teams try various tatics but none have really worked. On the other hand, La Marque has probably done the best defensive job against the Rattlers than any other team. They dropped 8 in to coverage and dared Navasota to run. Fortunately for Navasota, we were able to move the ball and get the first downs.

Maybe Bellville will try play Navasota man up like WOS. In that game, we proved that going man did not benefit WOS. At this point, it is anyone's guess what Bellville will try to slow the Rattlers down.

I have seen all the games between Navasota and Bellville since we returned to 3a including the beatdown in 2003 at Brule Field. I know that Bellville will come out and play Navasota tough.

As I have stated in the past, I'm always rootin' for Bellville when they are not playing Navasota. So, when I pick Navasota to win, it's nothing personal because I happen to like the Bellville tradition and their programs. I also have many friends who are from Bellville. From what I have seen from Navasota is incedible play. In the past, the defense was not up to par with the offense. This year, we are playing well in all aspects of the game. The defense has shown that it will get the stops for the high powered Rattler offense. And, special teams has shown to be very good too.

I actually look forward to this game. Two area teams going at it for the chance to make the trip to Dallas. Man, what a game this will be!

I couldn't agree more. I think it rubs Bellville the wrong way when everyone acts like Bellville has no chance. I have seen Navasota play and know that it will take a pretty perfect game for Bellville to keep in competitive. They are #1 for a reason. That said, any given day anything can happen.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 03:23 PM
I couldn't agree more. I think it rubs Bellville the wrong way when everyone acts like Bellville has no chance. I have seen Navasota play and know that it will take a pretty perfect game for Bellville to keep in competitive. They are #1 for a reason. That said, any given day anything can happen.

Hey, I agree. Back in 1994, we went head to head with #1 Carthage in the first round and defeated them.

As UPain stated, Bellville has made it this far for a reason and it's not because they have been lucky.

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Hey, I agree. Back in 1994, we went head to head with #1 Carthage in the first round and defeated them.

As UPain stated, Bellville has made it this far for a reason and it's not because they have been lucky.

SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE......

I'm not going to say we havent had a little luck along the way. I think mostly every team has had some luck, to an extent.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
SO YOU'RE SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE......

I'm not going to say we havent had a little luck along the way. I think mostly every team has had some luck, to an extent.

Of course there's a chance... As a die hard Rattler, I will tell anyone from Bellville that there isn't a chance in hell. But, I know better than that. It's just the competive side of me.

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 03:48 PM
Of course there's a chance... As a die hard Rattler, I will tell anyone from Bellville that there isn't a chance in hell. But, I know better than that. It's just the competive side of me.

I've never really seen this side of you....I don't really know how to react.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
I've never really seen this side of you....I don't really know how to react.

I hope that is a good thing... I know that I probably made a poor first impression. My Badd!

I would like to apologize to you and to the rest of the 3adownlow family for getting a little too hyped. Please accept my apology.

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
I hope that is a good thing... I know that I probably made a poor first impression. My Badd!

I would like to apologize to you and to the rest of the 3adownlow family for getting a little too hyped. Please accept my apology.

There is really no need to apologize for anything. I can't blame you for supporting your team.

OK...so realistically.....how big of a margin do you see Navasota winning by?

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 04:11 PM
There is really no need to apologize for anything. I can't blame you for supporting your team.

OK...so realistically.....how big of a margin do you see Navasota winning by?

I can see a 35-14 type of ball game...It just depends on how well Bellville can move the ball on the Rattlers... We have played some power running teams, i.e. Jasper, Fairfield, that the Rattler defense was able to stop them in their tracks..

whitelightning5
12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
I can see a 35-14 type of ball game...It just depends on how well Bellville can move the ball on the Rattlers... We have played some power running teams, i.e. Jasper, Fairfield, that the Rattler defense was able to stop in their tracks..

I don't see us being able to run the ball. I know it's going to come down to Fuch's and the passing game.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't see us being able to run the ball. I know it's going to come down to Fuch's and the passing game.

Well, that slot T offense can be tricky... Thankfully, we have seen our share of it against Liberty Hill and Caldwell before they changed up their offense...

navscanmaster
12-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Well, that slot T offense can be tricky... Thankfully, we have seen our share of it against Liberty Hill and Caldwell before they changed up their offense...

Caldwell ran it well, but even at their best, they couldn't hold Liberty Hill's jock those two years, 2006-2007. That line, that defense, and those backs were unbeatable. We may never see another T-variation at this level or above have that kind or success. Navasota's defense this year would still get owned by that team.

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Caldwell ran it well, but even at their best, they couldn't hold Liberty Hill's jock those two years, 2006-2007. That line, that defense, and those backs were unbeatable. We may never see another T-variation at this level or above have that kind or success. Navasota's defense this year would still get owned by that team.

That 2007 Liberty Hill team has got to be one of the best teams that I've ever seen.

The Bull #40
12-10-2012, 06:50 PM
If it does happen to rain (which I definitely do NOT want it to), how much do you think that will affect Navasota's passing game and their speedy WRs?

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 06:54 PM
If it does happen to rain (which I definitely do NOT want it to), how much do you think that will affect Navasota's passing game and their speedy WRs?

Good question. The field turf tends to dry fairly quickly but how it will effect the receivers actually catching the ball, IDK. We did have one game this year in which it rained. It wasn't a down pour but it was moderate. The rain did have some effects but not enough to change the out come of what the Rattler offense was trying to do.

The Bull #40
12-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Good question. The field turf tends to dry fairly quickly but how it will effect the receivers actually catching the ball, IDK. We did have one game this year in which it rained. It wasn't a down pour but it was moderate. The rain did have some effects but not enough to change the out come of what the Rattler offense was trying to do.

Good to know. I was just wondering if y'all had any rain games this year. We had one vs. Giddings and that didn't go so well.. but we are a much better team now than we were then so I don't see it being as big of an issue.

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah, you are right, I didn't know WC lost two of their best players in the 2nd game. I hate that for those kids. I am glad to hear you are doing well in the pickem. I just remember a number of times when you were way off in predictions that you expressed such great confidence in, and based on your comments seemed to be based on bias or popular thought flow. So I thought I would remind you of those times. Maybe they have been wiped clean from the memory bank.

Congrats on getting the Navasota - WOS prediction right. I didn't have a number, but I too thought Navasota would prevail. I always take the WOS chatter with a grain of salt because a lot of it seems to based on how good they have been in the past.

You didn't care for our 22 point win over PI? We won, but certainly didn't play our best game.
We are playing better football now, but we haven't peaked.
Our best game is what we need to take down the Rattlers, and I think we primed for that to happen.

I haven't seen the brahmas this year so I can only base predictions off scores and stats. I have, however, seen the rattlers 3 times this year and several more times the last couple years I've also seen chapel hill these last 2 years. I've seen WC's good run these last couple years. I saw WOS and LM this year. Wimblerley and Devine last year. Coldspring 3 years in a row. Etc. I don't make many regular season games because im obviously busy with school but I do watch playoff games. Point is, I've seen a LOT of really good teams over these last couple years and I'm willing to say 2012 Navasota is better than all of them.

I've said numerous times already... No disrespect to the brahmas. I know you've got a great team and would've probably beat WC this year... But Navasota is just a different animal. CS, jasper and WOS were great teams that thought they had a chance. LM gave the rattlers hell, but they also smoked WC 48-0. I knew they were LEGIT.

I'm a closet rattler fan, and sorta partial towards them, but I expect them to prevail convincingly. I'm not telling you not to show up or don't back your team, because I certainly would if i were you. no one thought wc had a chance last year and we almost pulled the upset. If I were a Brahma fan, I would have confidence in my team as well, especially considering how well you guys have done these last 2 years. The rattlers can be beat, because anyone can... but it's going to take a monster effort. I wish the brahmas all the luck in the world and I will gladly eat my crow if I'm wrong.

Having said that, I'm 99% sure this will be one of the best 3A teams you've ever seen. I fully expect them to win state.

Dowork
12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Can anyone from navasota tell me if the wrs #2 and #12 have any offers to play at the next level? Also there qb?

HEMOTOXIC
12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Former Katy Coach Mike Johnson was at the Navasota vs WOS game. His thoughts about Navasota, "You guys got it all. " He also said that he was very impressed with the Rattlers.

Former TAMU QB Reggie McNeil was also impressed with what he saw from Navasota.

Both were in attendance on Navasota's side last Friday.

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 12:46 AM

Finally, you come down off the high horse. I was starting gag on the bravado, not like you at all.
I have heard all these wonderful things about the Rattlers, but it seems you rely on the home run more than being methodically good.
I was impressed with the win over La Marque, but just based on the descriptions, it does sound to me like yall peaked at about point, and I am entitled to my opinion.
It was a good win, I don't really think WOS was the strong team every one made them to be.
Bellville has athletes to run with Navasota, and we have a good history with these particular classes.
The junior and senior classes beat Navasota every time they met in junior high and freshman year.
Sure that is not varsity competition, but we are talking about the same kids, we know them.
You have beat us in flag football, I'll give you that.
With pads on Bellville can be a very frustating team to play, and knowing these two groups of kids, a dog fight works in the Brahma's favor.

You talked about facing the slot t against Caldwell, probably in 2010, when was the last time Navasota played Ligerty Hill?

OldBison75
12-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Navasota has not played Liberty Hill for several years, but when we played them in the QuarterFinals, that slot-T kicked our butts.
Since then alot has changed. This year we have played a bunch of games against strong running teams that average over 150 yards per game rushing, 5 of which average over 200 per game rushing. So far we have done pretty good by holding teams to just below 100 yards per game average rushing against our defense.

We will give up some yards on the ground between the 20 yard lines at times, but this defense has made numerous stops in the red zone. Ask LaMarque and WOS how tough the Rattler run defense gets in the red zone.

I will say it again, Bellville will have to find a way to score 30+ to beat Navasota and nobody has done that this year or come close to doing it. And yes, I will poke out my chest and say that I will be shocked if Bellville scores more than 20.

Pudlugger
12-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Lots of discussion on this thread about how Navasota will demolish the Bulls. If you listen to some fellas Bellville stands no chance of winning and might as well stay home. Fortunately for everyone concerned the game will be played and the best team will win. No game is a lock at this level. Bellville didn't just fall off a turnip truck and land in the Texas 3A State Semi-final game, they earned the ticket. I've been around this board for 10 years and have seen many upsets of sure thing for SC teams. Remember Jasper when they dropped down? Burnet with Shipley? La Grange against D'Bryan Blanton at Forney? Surprises happen. Good luck Bellville we folks in La Grange have your backs. Play your best game that's all you can do and that is enough for me.

YTBulldogs
12-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Former Katy Coach Mike Johnson was at the Navasota vs WOS game. His thoughts about Navasota, "You guys got it all. " He also said that he was very impressed with the Rattlers.

Former TAMU QB Reggie McNeil was also impressed with what he saw from Navasota.

Both were in attendance on Navasota's side last Friday.

Former Cowboy's coach Jimmie Johnson was at the Bellville's game versus PI and said, "This Bellville team has it all and could beat some of my teams back in the day." Former Tivy QB, and current Heisman winner from Texas A&M-- Johnny Football, was also impressed with the Brahma Defense and noted he wasn't sure he could move the ball against that "D".:doh:

OLE'BULL
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
We appreciate it PUD! You are 100% correct, we did just slip in to the playoffs and stumble through the first 4 rounds. We have played solid football during the playoffs, and will have to pick it up a notch Friday night. I dont think that is a big secret. I can promise you Rowe has not let any of these past playoff wins get to any of the players heads. He is as hard on them in the fourth quarter when we are running out the clock, as he is the first quarter. He demands perfection from start to finish. The great thing about this game for us is that we are the underdogs. In Navasotas eyes, we are just a bump in the road on their way to Jerry World. Navasota has had a bullseye on their back since week 1. We have flown under the radar, which is fine by me. I would just love to go in to Waller and upset the Rattlers. I always root for the "underdogs", which apparently that doesnt even describe what we are. I am sure Fedora is keeping his players grounded as well. A slip up here would just be terrible for the Rattlers. He will do everything and then some to keep them focused. But guess what, so will Rowe. I see a slugfest in the making, and the Brahmas ruining Navasotas cinderella season. Let go bulls, one more time!

Bull's-eye
12-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Former Cowboy's coach Jimmie Johnson was at the Bellville's game versus PI and said, "This Bellville team has it all and could beat some of my teams back in the day." Former Tivy QB, and current Heisman winner from Texas A&M-- Johnny Football, was also impressed with the Brahma Defense and noted he wasn't sure he could move the ball against that "D".:doh:

I was sitting next to Jimmie Johnson, he also said "How about them Brahmas!"

Good stuff to start my day, YT you made me laugh. :spitlol:

YTBulldogs
12-11-2012, 09:34 AM
I was sitting next to Jimmie Johnson, he also said "How about them Brahmas!"

Good stuff to start my day, YT you made me laugh. :spitlol:

The same laugh I got when I read his post in regards to Katy HC and McNeil. Rowe has to love not getting any respect this week. Talking about motivation for a team.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
The same laugh I got when I read his post in regards to Katy HC and McNeil. Rowe has to love not getting any respect this week. Talking about motivation for a team.

It wasn't meant to be disrespectful. It was just interesting that they were in attendance and had that to say about Navasota. So, take how you want. It is what it is.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
It wasn't meant to be disrespectful. It was just interesting that they were in attendance and had that to say about Navasota. So, take how you want. It is what it is.

Huey Chancellor was at our game in Corpus.

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
There were several former D-1 and pro athletes, a few of them dads of current players, at our game in Corpus.
They were all very impressed with the Brahmas.
True that!

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Navasota has not played Liberty Hill for several years, but when we played them in the QuarterFinals, that slot-T kicked our butts.

So really, the last time the Rattlers saw the slot t was in 2010 against Caldwell?

Hmmmm.........

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
There were several former D-1 and pro athletes, a few of them dads of current players, at our game in Corpus.
They were all very impressed with the Brahmas.
True that!

Hey, I can buy that. It's Texas High School football. You never know who you may see at a game.

As I stated, it wasn't meant to be disrespectful. We are talking about a Texas Legend when it comes to High School Football. To me, I was just thrilled that someone like that would be at a Navasota game. Hell, most of the time, folks haven't even heard of Navasota. So, please don't think that I was trying to disrespect Bellville, make Navasota look any better than they are, etc.

Had someone said Mike Johnson, Jimmy Johnson, or even Coach Sumlin were at their game, I would have just looked at it as a compliment to what your team has doing.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey, I can buy that. It's Texas High School football. You never know who may be at a game.

As I stated, it wasn't meant to be disrespectful. We are talking about a Texas Legend when it comes to High School Football. To me, I was just thrilled that someone like that would be at a Navasota game. Hell, most of the time folks haven't even heard of Navasota. So, please don't think that I was trying to disrespect Bellville, make Navasota look any better than they are, etc.

Had someone said Mike Johnson, Jimmy Johnson, Coach Sumlin were at there game, I would have just looked at it as a compliment to what your team has doing.

I saw President Bush skydiving over our stadium

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Awe, I see that everyone wants to make a joke out of it.... I have no problem with that. But, currently President Bush is in the Hospital and has been for about a week now.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Awe, I see that everyone wants to make a joke out of it.... I have no problem with that. But, currently President Bush is in the Hospital and has been for about a week now.

Just trying to add a little humor....it seems that everyone wanted to "one up" the next. It was just my turn. Yeah...I heard he was hospitalized. Here is to a speedy recovery. That skydiving finally caught up with him.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Padilla says....Navasota by 14. I guess that makes it at least 42.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Just trying to add a little humor....it seems that everyone wanted to "one up" the next. It was just my turn. Yeah...I heard he was hospitalized. Here is to a speedy recovery. That skydiving finally caught up with him.

Got ya... I thought that you were coming for me again. lol

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Hey, I can buy that. It's Texas High School football. You never know who you may see at a game.

As I stated, it wasn't meant to be disrespectful. We are talking about a Texas Legend when it comes to High School Football. To me, I was just thrilled that someone like that would be at a Navasota game. Hell, most of the time, folks haven't even heard of Navasota. So, please don't think that I was trying to disrespect Bellville, make Navasota look any better than they are, etc.

It wasn't disrepectful, the guys you mention have valid opinions, and enjoy good football, so it wouldn't surprise me they were there.
I bet that some of those same type of folks will be at the game on Friday as well.

I also wasn't joking about the former D-1 and pro athletes at our game, some dads of current players, were at our game and liked what they saw from the Brahmas.

Playoff time in Texas high school is awesome and everyone should be soaking this in.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Got ya... I thought that you were coming for me again. lol

I won't come after you until Friday.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Padilla says....Navasota by 14. I guess that makes it at least 42.

Hey, I have never seen a blowout in a Navasota/Bellville game....

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 11:10 AM
It wasn't disrepectful, the guys you mention have valid opinions, and enjoy good football, so it wouldn't surprise me they were there.
I bet that some of those same type of folks will be at the game on Friday as well.

I also wasn't joking about the former D-1 and pro athletes at our game, some dads of current players, were at our game and liked what they saw from the Brahmas.

Playoff time in Texas high school is awesome and everyone should be soaking this in.

No, it wasn't meant for you... YTBulldogs stated that Bellville wasn't getting any respect... I assumed that he was talking about my post about Johnson being at the game.

Bull's-eye
12-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I have really enjoyed watching this Bellville team improve & be molded into a very good football team. They have learned from their mistakes, making changes or adjustments to strengthen those areas of need. One key to this game will be if the Bellville secondary can cover the Navasota receivers. In the playoffs, the Bellville pass defense has been responsible for 11 interceptions & have only given up one 4 yard TD pass to Wimberley. With that all being said, Bellville has not faced a passing team like the one they will face Friday night.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I won't come after you until Friday.

We'll be ready.:D

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
We'll be ready.:D

HAHAHA....There is no doubt in my mind.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 11:24 AM

Let's hope that history repeats itself...

Old QB
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM

Obama was at the PI game. He said that those Brahmas sure got some stimulus!

Bull's-eye
12-11-2012, 11:36 AM

Probably the best game between these 2 teams came in 2004. In a back in forth shoot out, Navasota's Chris Smith scored a TD on the last play of the game to give the Rattlers a 37-34 victory. Two things that I remember from that game, Navasota's running back Chris Smith coming over to shake hands with the Bellville coaches & the Bellville crowd giving both teams a standing ovation.

OldBison75
12-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Obama was at the PI game. He said that those Brahmas sure got some stimulus!

Hope nobody falls off the cliff!!!!!!!

whitelightning5
Probably the best game between these 2 teams came in 2004. In a back in forth shoot out, Navasota's Chris Smith scored a TD on the last play of the game to give the Rattlers a 37-34 victory. Two things that I remember from that game, Navasota's running back Chris Smith coming over to shake hands with the Bellville coaches & the Bellville crowd giving both teams a standing ovation.

I could be wrong, but wasn't that TD on a screen or dump off to him?

HEMOTOXIC

That was a great game. At the old Brule Field...

HEMOTOXIC
I could be wrong, but wasn't that TD on a screen or dump off to him?

Yes, it was a screen.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes, it was a screen.

My mind is like a steel trap......hahahaha

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 11:45 AM
My mind is like a steel trap......hahahaha

It is indeed. It's hard to forget those good ballgames!

OldBison75
12-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I have just found out that I won't be able to make the game this week or the SC game because my company is sending me to North Dakota for a couple of week. I am depressed!!!!! I just hope I am back for Christmas.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I have just found out that I won't be able to make the game this week or the SC game because my company is sending me to North Dakota for a couple of week. I am depressed!!!!! I just hope I am back for Christmas.

Would you really drive that distance to watch Bellville?......lol

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 12:33 PM

That sux big time! Sorry bud!

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 12:42 PM

That is tough news......hope you will be in a spot to at least listen to webcast live.

Bull's-eye
12-11-2012, 01:32 PM
That was a great game. At the old Brule Field...

That was one of my favorite places to watch a game, but you gotta love the new stadium.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 02:16 PM
That was one of my favorite places to watch a game, but you gotta love the new stadium.

What I like the most was watching the team come down the stairs from the locker room... I wished that they could have somehow incorporated that concept in the design of the new stadium.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
How long has Fedora been coaching at Navasota?

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 03:23 PM

I believe that this is his 7th season. 2006 should have been his first season.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I believe that this is his 7th season. 2006 should have been his first season.

Why is he not coaching along with his brother?

navscanmaster
12-11-2012, 03:31 PM

2005-2006 was his first school year.

2005 3-7
2006 3-7
2007 9-4
2008 10-1 (Bellville game cancelled for Ike)
2009 9-3
2010 10-3
2011 11-2
2012 14-0 and active.

Not bad. Take away the first two years and his Rattler teams are 63-13 up to this week.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
2005-2006 was his first school year.

2005 3-7
2006 3-7
2007 9-4
2008 10-1 (Bellville game cancelled for Ike)
2009 9-3
2010 10-3
2011 11-2
2012 14-0 and active.

Not bad. Take away the first two years and his Rattler teams are 63-13 up to this week.

Thanks! I was close.

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Why is he not coaching along with his brother?

I am going to guess at some possible reasons.

An asst coach at the college level often makes less than a HS head coach.

Maybe they are great friends, but don't want to work together every day.

He is the younger brother and maybe he wants to make his own mark.

Some people prefer HC coaching over college.

He enjoys interacting and supporting the kids, and helping them launch in to post high school life.

He gets to live in Texas instead of Mississippi, and close to A&M.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I am going to guess at some possible reasons.

An asst coach at the college level often makes less than a HS head coach.

Maybe they are great friends, but don't want to work together every day.

He is the younger brother and maybe he wants to make his own mark.

Some people prefer HC coaching over college.

He enjoys interacting and supporting the kids, and helping them launch in to post high school life.

He gets to live in Texas instead of Mississippi, and close to A&M.

His brother is acutally the HC at North Carolina now.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 04:11 PM
His brother is acutally the HC at North Carolina now.

I guess my thing is....it worked out for the Stoops brothers. If this guy has talent (obviously he does), why not try to better yourself and reach the next level? Just because you are an assistant one year, it doesn't mean that you stay the sidekick for your career. OCs and DCs get moved to HCs all the time. It's a stepping stone. If his heart is in high school football, that's fine. I'm sure larger schools will be calling him quickly.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I guess my thing is....it worked out for the Stoops brothers. If this guy has talent (obviously he does), why not try to better yourself and reach the next level? Just because you are an assistant one year, it doesn't mean that you stay the sidekick for your career. OCs and DCs get moved to HCs all the time. It's a stepping stone. If his heart is in high school football, that's fine. I'm sure larger schools will be calling him quickly.

:iagree:

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 04:15 PM
:iagree:

Just win you a state championship on your way out....right? HAHAHAHA.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 04:30 PM

Naa, we will force him to stay!:evilgrin:

Dowork
12-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Hemo your the expert on all things navasota football. do 12, 15, or 2 have any scholarship offers?

navscanmaster
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Hemo your the expert on all things navasota football. do 12, 15, or 2 have any scholarship offers?

Not Hemo, but they do have lots of attention. I guess after the season they will deal with the recruiting. Major sites show no big offers, but there are a lot of rumblings out there. I wouldn't be surprised if a pair of them get snatched up by a Big XII school wanting a pipeline to be extended further east on SH 105 in Aggieland.

Red Bull
12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
On first page it says Fedora does not like coaching on Saturday's so maybe that is why he doesn't coach on the staff with his brother at UNC.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 05:18 PM
On first page it says Fedora does not like coaching on Saturday's so maybe that is why he doesn't coach on the staff with his brother at UNC.

HAHAHAHA.....that's classic. I guess there is always the MAC.

HEMOTOXIC
12-11-2012, 05:25 PM

Well, to be clear, he didn't want to play on a Saturday to only turn around and possibly play on the following Friday. It shortens the preperation for the next opponent. And, the championship game is also played on a Friday. So, my guess is that if Navasota were to make the finals, he would want to stay on schedule.

OldBison75
12-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Fedora has been offered some pretty good positions at larger schools over the years, and there have been reports that he had turned down or interviewed for some college jobs. Another coach on the staff says that Fedora has chosen to stay where he is because he likes the town, talent, and he has kids that are young and in school there and wants them to enjoy the stability of friends and schools. I don't know if that is true or not, but that is the kind of man he is, family first.

Dowork
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Not Hemo, but they do have lots of attention. I guess after the season they will deal with the recruiting. Major sites show no big offers, but there are a lot of rumblings out there. I wouldn't be surprised if a pair of them get snatched up by a Big XII school wanting a pipeline to be extended further east on SH 105 in Aggieland.

Thats really suprising considering all three of those guys are seniors. usually if they would have offers from bigger schools by now. Those three have special talent i wonder why they dont have any. 12 is a big fast and physical reciever.thought for sure he would have some big 12 offers

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Fedora has been offered some pretty good positions at larger schools over the years, and there have been reports that he had turned down or interviewed for some college jobs. Another coach on the staff says that Fedora has chosen to stay where he is because he likes the town, talent, and he has kids that are young and in school there and wants them to enjoy the stability of friends and schools. I don't know if that is true or not, but that is the kind of man he is, family first.

If that is the case, that is admirable. Coaches float around like crazy....the grass is always greener.

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 06:00 PM

If that's the case, after Friday, Fedora will be at Navasota at least one more year.

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Thats really suprising considering all three of those guys are seniors. usually if they would have offers from bigger schools by now. Those three have special talent i wonder why they dont have any. 12 is a big fast and physical reciever.thought for sure he would have some big 12 offers

Div 1 scholarships are pretty difficult to come by. How big and how fast is 12?