lbjacj
12-08-2012, 09:04 PM
https://twitter.com/espn/status/277593444111757312/photo/1/large

ogg
12-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Congrats to Manzel and Texas A&M

lbjacj
12-08-2012, 09:07 PM
He may win a few more before it's all said and done!

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Congrats to Manziel..but you have to admit it's been a slow year for candidates.

Weebe
12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Congrats to Manziel..but you have to admit it's been a slow year for candidates.

Predictable

NastySlot
12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Congrats to Manzel and Texas A&M
And to state that plays the best high school football in the country.

zebrablue2
12-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Many congrats to JF, well deserved honor:2thumbsup

lostaussie
12-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Congrats to Manziel..but you have to admit it's been a slow year for candidates.maybe, but at end of day the award is for the best college football player that year.............JFF fits that description. Enough said!

sTxforlife
12-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Very well deserved, i'm sure Northgate and the rest of College Station will be a happening place tonight!

lbjacj
12-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Many congrats to JF, well deserved honor:2thumbsup

Were you lucky enough to work one of his games Z?

FB-fanatic
12-08-2012, 10:02 PM

First freshman ever... and in the toughest conference in the nation (not my words, Mel Kipers words)!

FB-fanatic
12-08-2012, 10:05 PM
A hush fell over George's (Home of the Big O) in Waco for the announcement, followed by a descent round of applause, even considering we were in Bear country!

Bosqueville
12-08-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm a Baylor fan but how incredible is it that these 2 central tx schools bring it home? Texas high school football can't be beat!

vtskneb
12-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Very deserving congrats aggies

1st and goal
12-09-2012, 09:07 AM
The Heisman voters voted their opinion. He won by a landslide. Congrats Johnny.

Thinking of all the repercussions.....I think one of the blue chip recruits stated he wanted to play with Johnny Football.

Buff42
12-09-2012, 10:57 AM

Thank you for being so gracious, Tejas, said no one ever. Go hate somewhere else.

Johnny Freaking Football. Mr. Heisman. Get used to it, Jack.

Weebe
12-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Teo finishing second is a travesty. Great story, the numbers were just not there.

Manziel would have been an elite candidate any year. Numbers were better than Tebow's, Bradford's and Newton's when they won.

Texas fans just can't handle any level of success for A&M.

Scoop27
12-09-2012, 11:23 AM
The award is all politics but he deserves the award.

wimbo_pro
12-09-2012, 11:35 AM
You have just witnessed the "Big Bang" of A&M's rise to a national contender for the next 5 years at least. Add to it, UT's stable of talented underclassmen....and we got ourselves some good years ahead in Texas football!!

Lion70
12-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Teo finishing second is a travesty. Great story, the numbers were just not there.

Manziel would have been an elite candidate any year. Numbers were better than Tebow's, Bradford's and Newton's when they won.

___ got that right

Old Tiger
12-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Very well deserved, i'm sure Northgate and the rest of College Station will be a happening place tonight!

If he can figure out what ID to take.

FB-fanatic
12-09-2012, 01:35 PM

You're right... he *just* turned 20, he still has to wait another year. Maybe he can finally have a legal drink with a Heisman trophy on each side of him.

Saggy Aggie
12-09-2012, 01:44 PM
You have just witnessed the "Big Bang" of A&M's rise to a national contender for the next 5 years at least. Add to it, UT's stable of talented underclassmen....and we got ourselves some good years ahead in Texas football!!

I can agree with that

Scoop27
12-09-2012, 02:27 PM
A lot of teams get good predictions and ratings that have talented players but you still need to get it done on the field.

hsbtex
12-09-2012, 02:43 PM

It is funny watching you hate on A&M, tigger. What is even funnier is watching you drown in all of your orange and white banter. I would recommend getting used to terms like "mediocrity", "average" and "sub 500 record", or a stellar year of a 500 record. It is funny watching the AD, along with soooo many fans being humbled these days :)

Spanish Camp
12-09-2012, 04:12 PM

Agree 100% on all counts.

Teo wasn't even the best linebacker in the country.

Texas is certainly feeling the heat. Their program is in a no-man's land. They are still Texas, but they seem to have no idea which way they are going. Their coach just received the dredged "vote of confidence," none of their coordinators are worth a damn, and people are now skeptical of all the top rated recruiting classes with no results.

On top of all this, now the Aggies have the best player in the nation. Not only that Johnny Football is flashy, exciting, and captivating. People with no ties to A&M are tuning in to see what Johnny Football will do next. Texas fans can't handle it.

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Stayed in Kerrville over the weekend and took the opportunity to take a few pics with my iPhone before leaving town this morning. I thought
you A&M (or Tivy) fans might like these. So, I figured I'd share ...

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/randompics033.jpg

This was taken at 9 am this morning. Apparently they didn't have the new sign up and ready yet. lol

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/randompics032.jpg

Here is the stadium. I wish I could've gotten a better pic but there wasn't anyone around to let me in and I'm too old to be jumping fences. :D

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/randompics031.jpg

Nice sign as you enter the stadium parking lot.

Tejastrue
12-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank you for being so gracious, Tejas, said no one ever. Go hate somewhere else.

Johnny Freaking Football. Mr. Heisman. Get used to it, Jack.

Lighten up Buff. Where did I ever say anything bad about the young man or the Aggies. My point being it was an easy choice considering who he was up against. Unlike last year for example with RGlll and Luck. I wish Manziel and the Aggies all the best.

Buff42
12-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Lighten up Buff. Where did I ever say anything bad about the young man or the Aggies. My point being it was an easy choice considering who he was up against. Unlike last year for example with RGlll and Luck. I wish Manziel and the Aggies all the best.

There's nothing slow about JFF, so......no, it hasn't been a slow year for candidates. He's that much better than his competition. JMO.

An opposing high school coach once said the only time his team touched Manziel was when they shook hands with him after the game. Nope, not a slow year, except in Austin. WHOOOOOOOPPPPP!

Old Tiger
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
It is funny watching you hate on A&M, tigger. What is even funnier is watching you drown in all of your orange and white banter. I would recommend getting used to terms like "mediocrity", "average" and "sub 500 record", or a stellar year of a 500 record. It is funny watching the AD, along with soooo many fans being humbled these days :)Words that have always been tied to A&M ;)

Buff42
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Words that have always been tied to A&M ;)

Why don't you go back and look at the history of the A&M- tu rivalry and look at how it runs in cycles instead of just assuming this holier-than-though, falsely superior attitude? You obviously know very little history.

The pendulum has swung the other way, it appears. You need to get used to those words being associated with the teams you buy tshirts to support.

These things always run in cycles. I hope MacArthur jumps in here with some of his incredible research.

WHOOOOOP

defense51
12-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Congrats to Johnny Heismanziel

hsbtex
12-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Words that have always been tied to A&M ;)

Not this year tigger, and not for the foreseeable future. But get used to those terms defining your orange and white ...like they have for the past threee years...and the foreseeable future. Get used to it little buddy :)

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2012, 06:42 AM
I am a Longhorn fan, but pull for A&M when not playing the Horns. Isaiah Golden from Carthage will be playing for the Aggies next year and hopefully while he is there they win a national championship. Johnny football was the best player this year, it was fun watching him.

Farmersfan
12-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Congrats to Johnny Manziel and the Aggies. But let's be real. Regardless of how good Johnny was this season he would not have been in the running in most other season's. The QB class this season was pretty weak. I went back through the last 10 QB Heisman winners and did not find a single one with a QB rating as low as Manziel's. Even those QB's that were known for their feet and not their arms so much had better ratings than Manziel. The highest rated QB in 2012 was McCarron from Alabama with a 173.1 rating. (BTW; there were 15 rated higher than JF this season). That 173.1 rating would have earned McCarron about #10 in any other season....... Not taking away anything from Manziel because he had a great season for a freshman but in most season's he would need to do even better to get in the mix.

1st and goal
12-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Congrats to Johnny Manziel and the Aggies. But let's be real. Regardless of how good Johnny was this season he would not have been in the running in most other season's. The QB class this season was pretty weak. I went back through the last 10 QB Heisman winners and did not find a single one with a QB rating as low as Manziel's. Even those QB's that were known for their feet and not their arms so much had better ratings than Manziel. The highest rated QB in 2012 was McCarron from Alabama with a 173.1 rating. (BTW; there were 15 rated higher than JF this season). That 173.1 rating would have earned McCarron about #10 in any other season....... Not taking away anything from Manziel because he had a great season for a freshman but in most season's he would need to do even better to get in the mix.

Another Longhorn fan.....go tell that to all the voters that don't have any knowledge of football like you do... All hail Farmersfan from Farmersville....

ogg
12-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Hope Johnny Manziel can repeat his performance next year; the expectations for this young freshman kid are set really high.

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2012, 11:04 PM

Yeah completely ignore that he has an ability to run as well as pass. He doesn't sit in the pocket and throw up pretty numbers. He runs. He scrambles. He throws crazy off balance passes perfectly at the most crucial times.

He's not a deserving qb because his qb rating isn't as high as some purely passing qbs... Because clearly that's the only criteria to be a heisman qb...

Clueless like usual

movethechain
12-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Interesting fact I learned on the evening news:

Earl Campbell - Heisman Winner, UT Longhorn, Born In Tyler, Texas

Johnny Manziel - Heisman Winner, ATM Aggie, Born In Tyler, Texas

Congrats to the CUJO city.

Tejastrue
12-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Manziel on Letterman...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZFiLzODue8&feature=player_embedded