PDA

View Full Version : DeSoto-Southlake Carroll Replay

Matthew328
12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
I highly recommend you watch the replay on Fox Sports Southwest tonight at 10pm

sinfan75
12-08-2012, 07:56 PM
kept up with that game on the 5A site. Crazy!!

scrub c
12-08-2012, 08:20 PM
i just want to see the last 2 minutes... (really, the last 10 seconds)

Gsquared
12-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I just got back from this game, gotta say, best game ive seen in years!

Bosqueville
12-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Can't wait !! And DVR is set!

FB-fanatic
12-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Watching now. A couple of Comanche, Tx boys on coaching staff: Jacob Webb and Jarrett Bates. And an '81 Comanche classmate's son is LB #35 Hunter Lackey. His dad make varsity back in the day as a freshman.

BullBoy
12-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Hell of a game!

88bobcats
12-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Watching the replay, it looks like Kenny Hill's right knee was down before he fell forward and onto his right hip. The ball crossed the goal line, but only after his knee already went down to the ground.

Hard way to end a great game, season, and career...

movethechain
12-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Could someone explain why the DeSoto coach called timeout with 3 second left. Wouldn't the clock have run out? If Hill had scored, wouldn't the clock have stopped anyway, still giving DeSoto a kickoff return chance? Instead they gave Hill yet another chance to punch it in. Lucky, lucky, lucky. Unbelievable they were able to keep Kenny Hill out of the endzone at the end.

Sville
12-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Could someone explain why the DeSoto coach called timeout with 3 second left. Wouldn't the clock have run out? If Hill had scored, wouldn't the clock have stopped anyway, still giving DeSoto a kickoff return chance? Instead they gave Hill yet another chance to punch it in. Lucky, lucky, lucky. Unbelievable they were able to keep Kenny Hill out of the endzone at the end.

Announcers got it wrong. Desoto called TO on the play that the ball went down to the 3 yd line. I was standing near the 10 yd line on SLC side. The scoreboard said SLC had 1 TO left when they ran the play with 8 sec. left. Then I watched SLC coach run and call a TO with 3 sec left

movethechain
12-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Announcers got it wrong. Desoto called TO on the play that the ball went down to the 3 yd line. I was standing near the 10 yd line on SLC side. The scoreboard said SLC had 1 TO left when they ran the play with 8 sec. left. Then I watched SLC coach run and call a TO with 3 sec left

That explains it, thanks. I was like, "WOW", when they showed the DeSoto coach call timeout.

Roughneck93
12-09-2012, 01:48 PM
That explains it, thanks. I was like, "WOW", when they showed the DeSoto coach call timeout.

It had us all confused while watching last night as well.

That was a great game and fantastic finish.

4th & short
12-09-2012, 04:05 PM

That may be true also but on the replaynof the game on Fox Sports showed Mathis calling a timeout for Desoto. I hope someone else saw the post game interview with the Desoto coach Mathis. The most self important interview ive ever heard. Hysterical.

Sville
12-09-2012, 05:28 PM
That may be true also but on the replaynof the game on Fox Sports showed Mathis calling a timeout for Desoto. I hope someone else saw the post game interview with the Desoto coach Mathis. The most self important interview ive ever heard. Hysterical.

That is what I am saying the announcers for FSSW got it wrong. They showed the wrong replay and the announcers got the TO mixed up.

toddg
12-09-2012, 05:50 PM

well he did resign last year to take a collage job..but decided to come back cause they needed him to win a SC...LOL!!

toddg
12-09-2012, 05:53 PM
heck of a game..oh well, i was hoping SLC would get #9 this year..que sera sera.