PDA

View Full Version : M Young traded to Phillies

Necked
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Looks like the Rangers are now ready to make a big time signing, maybe even more according to some...

scrub c
12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
That sucks, Young was one of my favorite Rangers...

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Young will be missed. Napoli is gone too. Hamilton may be next.

Necked
12-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Hamilton may be next.

I've been told that the Rangers GM was given the go ahead by the team owners to give serious effort to sign both Hamilton & Grienke. That would be expensive, but awesome if they can pull it off...

rb585
12-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Young was great for a bunch of years, but he was absolutely horrible last season, and Wash's insistence on playing him every day and batting him high in the order is one of the main things that cost the Rangers the division.

Tin Cup
12-08-2012, 05:29 PM
I think Upton Grienke is better for future but Hamilton Grienke is definately better for right now

Deuce
12-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I think Upton Grienke is better for future but Hamilton Grienke is definately better for right now
I wouldn't be surprised if JD gets all 3 of them. Something big is going to happen!

jlwttu
12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Young was great for a bunch of years, but he was absolutely horrible last season, and Wash's insistence on playing him every day and batting him high in the order is one of the main things that cost the Rangers the division.

This. Young was a liability in the field and was DHing because of his past ability to hit. I've never understood why Wash insisted on sending him out there in the upper half of the order when it was obvious he shouldn't have even been in the lineup. He has no power and seems to have lost the ability to drive the ball.

Necked
12-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Greinke is off the market, signed with the Dodgers for 6 years @ 147 million. I'm kinda glad the Rangers didn't sign him, he is a good pitcher but I just don't think he is worth the Verlander/Sabatha type pay scale the Dodgers put him on. The Rangers have plenty of money to resign Hamilton now & make a trade for a top of the rotation pitcher.