PDA

View Full Version : Wow Tech

NastySlot
12-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Espn reporting Tubberville to Cincinnati. Where did that come?

Bassact
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Best news I've heard out of Tech in a long time. Sad that in anyway the Cincy job could be considered better than Tech.
So who does Tech go after?
Sonny Dykes - Ya I know he just took on a new job.
Cliff Kingsbury - Young upcoming starr - no HC experience
These are the first 2 that come to mind

NastySlot
12-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Best news I've heard out of Tech in a long time. Sad that in anyway the Cincy job could be considered better than Tech.
So who does Tech go after?
Sonny Dykes - Ya I know he just took on a new job.
Cliff Kingsbury - Young upcoming starr - no HC experience
These are the first 2 that come to mind
Maybe a chance to redeem himself=Petrino another site even mentioned holgorson(sp?)

Bassact
12-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Maybe a chance to redeem himself=Petrino another site even mentioned holgorson(sp?)

Don't see a big12-2 Coach jumping to Tech. Especiallt Holgersen. Him & Leach were tight and I'm sure he'd won't nothing to do with that political mess.
Petrino would be interresting. Hell of a coach and a proven winner. Techs proven they can do a lot worse.

MajorApplehorn
12-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Mack Brown would be a nice fit...At least he would be out of the Longhorns way.

Eagle 1
12-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Good bye and good Riddance!
Bring back Leach.....yea wishful thinking on my part.

gully81
12-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Briles

jason
12-08-2012, 06:37 PM
chad morris.
lol @ briles
Baylor > tech

Tin Cup
12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Someone mentioned the Sam Houston coach. Kingsbury makes a lot of sense

Aesculus gilmus
12-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Why not Craig James? He has already shown he can run things up there from behind the scenes.

The fact he has no real coaching experience is a plus. No bad habits and we KNOW he'll treat his players humanely - the first helicopter coach.

YTBulldogs
12-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Jason Garrett

Old Tiger
12-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Why not Craig James? He has already shown he can run things up there from behind the scenes.

The fact he has no real coaching experience is a plus. No bad habits and we KNOW he'll treat his players humanely - the first helicopter coach.Because he killed 5 prostitutes while attending SMU.

Red Bull
12-09-2012, 07:07 PM
KK will be good choice one day, but now is too early. Hard to put a quality staff together at such a young age.

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2012, 06:48 AM
I think Tuberville saw the potential writing on the wall. I think he had one more season to prove himself to Lubbock or he was out. A lot of the fans & alumni didn't take to him, but it also took a little time for them to warm up to Leach. The biggest issue was the lack of wins. Nine Big XII wins in 3 years is unacceptable, yes, even in Lubbock. Having the first losing season in 20 years last year doesn't cut it. Letting Baylor beat you two years in a row, the second without Robert Griffin is pitiful. His wife hated Lubbock, which might have been the real reason he bolted, because we all know if Momma isn't happy, nobody's happy. ;)

The thing about Tubbs leaving that chaps my butt is that he flat out lied to Hocutt the day before & told him he wasn't going anywhere. David McWilliams ring any bells? :rolleyes: I'm just glad they didn't let him stick around to coach the bowl game.

I would love for them to give Kliff Kingsbury a shot, but I doubt seriously it will happen. He doesn't have the experience, and might not be able to hire a quality staff because of it, provided current staff wants to leave. But we see how well a "big" name with oodles & gobs of experience did. :doh: I like Chad Morris, but I think he'd use it as a stepping stone in short order. Another name that's come up is Brent Venables. I don't know a lot about him, but he'd really have to LOVE Lubbock to want to stay for awhile, IMO.

The smartest decision in my mind, at least at this point in time, would be to offer it to Chris Thomsen, depending upon the bowl game outcome. But, if Hance has a say, I'm no longer certain that "smartest decision" is necessarily the road they'll take. :(

pancho villa
12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
The biggest problem TECH will have is that to coach at TECH you have to live in Lubbock.

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2012, 01:50 PM
I've heard KK will take the job if offered...

gully81
12-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Wow what a shocker.
Hes already been interviewed. Chad Morris to be interviewed about 4:00

hsbtex
12-11-2012, 02:39 PM

That's what bleacher report was saying.

Sure hope he stays....

msu97
12-11-2012, 03:16 PM

why wouldn't he? he is a Tech grad, and a chance to be a head coach... not like Sumlin is leaving ATM any time soon...

word is that Harsin is interviewing for the Arkie State job... talk about fleeing the ship...

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
why wouldn't he? he is a Tech grad, and a chance to be a head coach... not like Sumlin is leaving ATM any time soon...

word is that Harsin is interviewing for the Arkie State job... talk about fleeing the ship...

Why wouldn't he? Because tech is horrible and A&M will likely be a natl championship contender next year and he'd be coaching a heisman qb.

I sure as hell wouldn't leave this A&M program on the rise to go lose at tech

1st and goal
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
KK, talk about a fork in the road. Career ender or career bender?

I say the ags give him some more dinero (money for those of you who don't speak Pancho), and keep him here. Too many good things happening to leave IMO.

Sville
12-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Time to dip into the PUF and make KK the highest paid coordinator.

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't think the boosters would mind giving him some cash considering the product that's on the field

slingshot
12-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Man... one good season at Aggieland and they suddenly think it's a 'destination job'. On par with Alabama, Florida, Texas, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, etc. It's not. It's freakin' A&M... standing joke of the college football world for the last 20+ years. Get over yourselves already... :rolleyes:

texanpride1250
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Why wouldn't he? Because tech is horrible and A&M will likely be a natl championship contender next year and he'd be coaching a heisman qb.

Ya but I am guessing that Tech is not your alma mater. I am sure he has love for Tech and this opportunity may not come around again. I am sure it will be a tough decision for him either way. At face value the A&M situation is better but this has extenuating circumstances for Kingsbury.

Weebe
12-11-2012, 11:48 PM
I think Tech is a great job for a guy that has been an OC for only two years.

They are a middle of the conference team in a BCS conference and his alma mater. I don't see him getting a significantly better job offer in the next 2-3 years.

SHSBulldog00
12-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt interviewed Titans DC Jerry Gray tonight in Nashville, per KAMC in Lubbock, Texas. Fox 17 spotted TT plane.

Heffelfinger
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Man... one good season at Aggieland and they suddenly think it's a 'destination job'. On par with Alabama, Florida, Texas, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame, etc. It's not. It's freakin' A&M... standing joke of the college football world for the last 20+ years. Get over yourselves already... :rolleyes:

And Texas Tech is the Merkel of the Big 12

pancho villa
12-12-2012, 10:24 AM
The only sure things in Texas, death, and acceptance into Tech.

1st and goal
12-12-2012, 11:10 AM

dang slingblade...you ought not talk like that you're justa _____________ (fill in the blank)

who p peed in your cereal? What team of mediocrity do you like?

Red&White_9x5
12-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Everyone talking about KK getting the nod here and I just don't see it. He has gained a lot of credibility after the season aTm has had in the SEC, but I just don't see Tech taking a chance on him as their HC. Morris is a much safer bet for this one

pancho villa
12-12-2012, 11:47 AM
They will have to pay Chad Morris $10,000,000 to go to this $hit hole.

vtskneb
12-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Time to dip into the PUF and make KK the highest paid coordinator.

That would be a win/win for you! Morris the head man in Lubbock and the Aggies maintain their OC! I wouldn't mind seeing that as well :D

Phil C
12-12-2012, 12:40 PM
They should probably take their hats in their hands and beg Coach Leach to come back.

Tejastrue
12-12-2012, 12:51 PM
"Wow Tech" is right...

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Tommy-Tuberville-left-visiting-recruits-at-the-dinner-table-106322

Red&White_9x5
12-12-2012, 01:13 PM
"Wow Tech" is right...

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Tommy-Tuberville-left-visiting-recruits-at-the-dinner-table-106322

That is crazy!

Heffelfinger
12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
dang slingblade...you ought not talk like that you're justa _____________ (fill in the blank)

who p peed in your cereal? What team of mediocrity do you like?

I think it's called 'Heisman' envy.

slingshot
12-12-2012, 02:27 PM

who p peed in your cereal? What team of mediocrity do you like?I'm justa' nobody. Have just watched/been around Ag's for 40+ years. The superiority complex most have is funny to me... and certainly not deserved. A&M is a good school. So is Tech. So is Baylor. So is OK State. None of them are top flight schools athletically. Education is what is important...

msu97
12-12-2012, 03:04 PM

you are sooo right as always saggy... I mean what coach would want to stay on as OC instead of going to his Alma Mater to be head coach... get to call the shots, hire his own staff, and try to turn his alma mater around... dang, so many coaches do dumb things now a days... so I guess Muschamp was dumb for leaving UT to take over a floundering Florida program? I mean I know he went to Georgia but he is from florida... I guess he was dumb too?

NastySlot
12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
you are sooo right as always saggy... I mean what coach would want to stay on as OC instead of going to his Alma Mater to be head coach... get to call the shots, hire his own staff, and try to turn his alma mater around... dang, so many coaches do dumb things now a days... so I guess Muschamp was dumb for leaving UT to take over a floundering Florida program? I mean I know he went to Georgia but he is from florida... I guess he was dumb too?

He was the head coach in waiting.....why would anyone give that up?