PDA

View Full Version : Div. 2 Graham (13-1) vs Gilmer (13-1)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rattler
12-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Graham by 7

Rattler
12-08-2012, 02:20 AM
damit.... it should say 13-1 Graham vs 13-1 Gilmer

defense51
12-08-2012, 02:33 AM
This isn't fair, Graham has played ten more games than Gilmer! :crazy1:

hollywood
12-08-2012, 03:13 AM
Graham, I'm a true believer! Go get a birth to Jerry's World next week!! Gilmer who?

Help make it a NON-East Texas State Championship series to silence them for a year, at least. For the love of Texas High School football!! ;)

Inmateboss
12-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Graham, I'm a true believer! Go get a birth to Jerry's World next week!! Gilmer who?

Help make it a NON-East Texas State Championship series to silence them for a year, at least. For the love of Texas High School football!! ;)

I promise ya that graham will show up, and a non East Texas SC would be remembered for a long time!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

LionFan72
12-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Really gets tough this time of year, Graham by 1, Gilmer turnovers might cause some distress this time.

bobcat1
12-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Where will this be played. I'd like to see this one. Play it in Denton! I say this is a pick'em. Gilmer should win but it would not surprise me if Graham did. So I am not picking either. I'd just like to see this game.

lostaussie
12-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Mansfield friday 7:30. Graham will be the home team. That means we get to kick your a$$ in white:D

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:18 AM
This isn't fair, Graham has played ten more games than Gilmer! :crazy1:Yeah when did they start? JUNE? lol

Old Tiger
12-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Gilmer blows them out.

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Mansfield friday 7:30. Graham will be the home team. That means we get to kick your a$$ in white:D

Man If I was Graham I woul find out who is responsible for getting home team every time and send them to buy lottery tickets. LOL
If Im not misken that makes every game so far as Home team Correct?

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Gilmer blows them out.Wont happen, Graham's offense is just too strong. They would have to score 100 to make it a blow out! :)

Old Tiger
12-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Wont happen, Graham's offense is just too strong. They would have to score 100 to make it a blow out! :)

Graham aint played nobody all year.

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:25 AM

Whatever:rolleyes:

cowboyandchrist
12-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Wont happen, Graham's offense is just too strong. They would have to score 100 to make it a blow out! :)

Gilmer will run by Graham on its way to face the Rattlers. The Buckeyes are on a mission, they remind me of the 05 Tatum Eagles. They get better every game. Way to much speed for Graham to deal with.

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Gilmer will run by Graham on its way to face the Rattlers. The Buckeyes are on a mission, they remind me of the 05 Tatum Eagles. They get better every game. Way to much speed for Graham to deal with.

This is the semifinals, Every team is on a mission! You dont get this far without playing good teams and having the desire to win.
I believe this game will be like the last two games that graham has played. Back and forth until someone makes a play in the 4th to put it away

bobcat1
12-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Gilmer will run by Graham on its way to face the Rattlers. The Buckeyes are on a mission, they remind me of the 05 Tatum Eagles. They get better every game. Way to much speed for Graham to deal with.You said it all right there. The winner gets Navasota. Snakes are deadly.

Rattler
12-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Graham has faced 3 of the top 6 Qb's in 3a and walk away with wins. They have held EVERY team to under there season averages in rushing, passing and scoring....thats 13 for 13!!!!!!!!!! Bring it Gilmer, we aint scared!!!!
Keep lining them up....And yes we have played some damn good teams and each and everyone of them have made us better. So step up to that plate and watch us knock your A$$ OUT!

lostaussie
12-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I wont go so far as to say it will be a blow out. But we will be a different animal than you have seen this year. This could be a very entertaining game. Graham has lots of posters........at least I will have some reading material this week:thumbsup:

lostaussie
12-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Not our qb you need worry about. Its those 7 or 8 running backs. And we wouldn't expect you to be sceerd! Lol

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Graham has faced 3 of the top 6 Qb's in 3a and walk away with wins. They have held EVERY team to under there season averages in rushing, passing and scoring....thats 13 for 13!!!!!!!!!! Bring it Gilmer, we aint scared!!!!
Keep lining them up....And yes we have played some damn good teams and each and everyone of them have made us better. So step up to that plate and watch us knock your A$$ OUT!Hey Rattler, If yall Win are you gonna change your name for the state game? :D

Rattler
12-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Na what would be the fun in that....Plus whats better than one of your "own" picking against ya.

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Not our qb you need worry about. Its those 7 or 8 running backs. And we wouldn't expect you to be steered! Lol

No wonder yall are winning, How to you stop 7 or 8 running backs. Which one do you tackle first? :D:taunt:

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Na what would be the fun in that....Plus whats better than one of your "own" picking against ya.LOL:cool:

bearbear78
12-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Kinda makes your tigers look weak with that post , thought they were the real deal? Either way, a stepping stone to where the STEERS are now!!

Inmateboss
12-08-2012, 10:41 AM

I like it when people underestimate other teams!! Usually bites them right in the tookus!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Na what would be the fun in that....Plus whats better than one of your "own" picking against ya.

You'll have to ask Bucky about that!!! Hahahaha

Go # 5

garciap77
12-08-2012, 10:43 AM

How do you know? You OLDDDDDDDDDDD TigerRRRRRRR!:D

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Kinda makes your tigers look weak with that post , thought they were the real deal? Either way, a stepping stone to where the STEERS are now!!

?:vrycnfsd:

buckeyebob
12-08-2012, 10:46 AM

They will get a taste of the Spider Monkey Black Flag Defense. The toughest thing in a Buckeye football game is being the mother of the opposing quarterback.

garciap77
12-08-2012, 10:48 AM
You said it all right there. The winner gets Navasota. Snakes are deadly.

I thought spider monkeys were deadlier!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/untitled-3.png

Inmateboss
12-08-2012, 10:49 AM
How do you know? You OLDDDDDDDDDDD TigerRRRRRRR!:D

We're use to it! We could beat every team in 3a, A&M, and a good NFL team and still walk away feeling like Rodney Dangerfield!!!
And yes that was a little shout out to A&M !!! WHOOP

Go # 5

buckeyebob
12-08-2012, 10:50 AM
This is the semifinals, Every team is on a mission! You dont get this far without playing good teams and having the desire to win.
I believe this game will be like the last two games that graham has played. Back and forth until someone makes a play in the 4th to put it away

We are in trouble guys...we like to go on and do the Donkey Stomp for Total Domination and practice on-side kicking in the last half...the Back & Forth stuff...we will just have to pass on it...thanks anyway.

buckeyebob
12-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Keep lining them up....And yes we have played some damn good teams and each and everyone of them have made us better. So step up to that plate and watch us knock your A$$ OUT!

Any of those "damn good teams " have a pulse?

LionFan72
12-08-2012, 10:56 AM

Not anymore, their season is over, uh, maybe their pulse is "thumping" round balls right now!

garciap77
12-08-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/boxing/boxing-gloves-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/boxing.gloves-emoticon-2151.html)

Slick50
12-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Gilmer blows them out.

Both ignorant posts, congratulations.

buckeyebob
12-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Not anymore, their season is over, uh, maybe their pulse is "thumping" round balls right now!

Yuuuup! Know the feeling...gotta a few notches on mine too.

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 11:14 AM

Uh no, because they got beat by Graham! DUH!

Slick50
12-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Gilmer wont either after Friday

bearbear78
12-08-2012, 11:23 AM
?:vrycnfsd: sorry to have confused you Mr. Meat&Beat!!!! Ill type slower next time.

Deuce
12-08-2012, 11:26 AM
One question for you genius. Don't u probably think that every team left is on a mission to win it all? And just so u know, we have a little speed ourselves. When #10 gets the ball u will see some west tx speed!

Deuce
12-08-2012, 11:28 AM
sorry to have confused you Mr. Meat&Beat!!!! Ill type slower next time.
Wrong guy there buddy. The other one was banned

Deuce
12-08-2012, 11:55 AM
"Aint played nobody." That pretty much says it all on how sharp you are!

poisoned10
12-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Gilmer has done well against Reg. I teams in the past. Hopefully we can continue that trend this year.

2009 vs. Abilene Wylie (W, 43-26)
2007 vs. Abilene Wylie (W, 28-21)
2004 vs. Snyder (W, 53-20)

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Gilmer has done well against Reg. I teams in the past. Hopefully we can continue that trend this year.

2004 vs. Snyder (W, 53-20)UH, Gilmer has done well against everyone in the past!:D Strong Program!
Full of tradition,

gully81
12-08-2012, 12:25 PM
My hometown is Graham but live in fort Worth now and will be at the game. Both teams have played very good teams but as a whole Gilmers schedule has been much tougher. At least one of the top 3a districts if not the toughest. That said though what does it mean? Really nothing.
This reminds me of 2009 when Graham played Carthage in the state title game. Everyone talked about experience, size, talent, speed, etc etc etc and that Carthage would walk all over them. Well, that game ended in a whopping 1 point victory for Carthage. This will be a battle and I'll guarantee you that Graham will be more than ready. I am not saying they are gonna win and honestly on paper they probably shouldn't but the game isnt played on paper. They can beat you in multiple ways with the run, pass, or defense. They aren't the biggest team you will see on the dline but they are quick and smart. They are well coached, play as a team, and expect to win. Looking forward to it and reading the board this week. Im not ready to make a prediction yet but do not be surprised if Graham is in Jerrys World on the 21st.

poisoned10
12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
UH, Gilmer has done well against everyone in the past!:D Strong Program!
Full of tradition,

True. We have been very fortunate to have been able to enjoy several great football teams over the last several years.

BullBoy
12-08-2012, 12:29 PM
Gilmer by 14

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2012, 12:45 PM

You left out one.

1981 vs. Kermit (W, 28-0)

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 12:50 PM
True. We have been very fortunate to have been able to enjoy several great football teams over the last several years.

My best friends dad is the Telephone coop manager there in Gilmer so I have been keeping up with them since the 90's.

poisoned10
12-08-2012, 12:50 PM
You left out one.

I was still 2 years away from being born, so I know nothing about that game.

Aggie98
12-08-2012, 12:52 PM
My best friends dad is the Telephone coop manager there in Gilmer so I have been keeping up with them since the 90's.

They've got telephones in Gilmer now? jk.

Aggie98
12-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Gilmer is on a whole 'nother level, speed-wise, than any other team we faced this year.

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
They've got telephones in Gilmer now? jk.

:D funny

toddg
12-08-2012, 01:03 PM
You left out one.

1932 vs. Graham (L, 18-0)...you left one out...

Slick50
12-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Hehe that's a good one

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I was still 2 years away from being born, so I know nothing about that game.

Just received this text from a Buckeye football historian friend of mine:

"Gilmer lost 18-0 to Graham in the Regional Final in 1932. After 80 years, it's time for payback!"

Aesculus gilmus
12-08-2012, 02:04 PM

That was not a semifinal, though. That game was the equivalent of the games played last night, according to the text I just received about it.

hollywood
12-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Gilmer is on a whole 'nother level, speed-wise, than any other team we faced this year.

I would agree Aggie98. For Gilmer to hold Kilgore to 17 points and keep them in check, wow! Kilgore was the fastest team as a whole that I've seen in a long long time. Wow! Graham has some speed but nothing like Kilgore.

Graham, if Gilmer is fast enough to contain Kilgore, put your seat belts on and tell the players to buckle their chin straps tight! I am not exaggerating. Even with an 18 point lead at half for Stephenville, I was very nervous thinking about the second half and I was right.

Now having said that, Graham is a team that will play some football. They've proved that they can play. Will it be enough, I think so. They have multiple was to score. Very well balanced and their D can lay the wood!

Good luck to both.

Graham by 1. Gilmer goes for 2 and the win in the last second and denied! ;)

Grahamcheerdad
12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Graham by 3 the missed extra point last night was not the kickers fault bad snap and hold

waterboy
12-08-2012, 03:36 PM
I would agree Aggie98. For Gilmer to hold Kilgore to 17 points and keep them in check, wow! Kilgore was the fastest team as a whole that I've seen in a long long time. Wow! Graham has some speed but nothing like Kilgore.

Graham, if Gilmer is fast enough to contain Kilgore, put your seat belts on and tell the players to buckle their chin straps tight! I am not exaggerating. Even with an 18 point lead at half for Stephenville, I was very nervous thinking about the second half and I was right.

Now having said that, Graham is a team that will play some football. They've proved that they can play. Will it be enough, I think so. They have multiple was to score. Very well balanced and their D can lay the wood!

Good luck to both.

Actually, it was 14 points, but who's counting?:D If not for Kilgore's inability to field a kickoff............:doh:

bearbear78
12-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Wrong guy there buddy. The other one was banned
My bad , those GR guys just keep coming out of the woodwork , the steers really left some of them a tad bitter...

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 03:55 PM
My bad , those GR guys just keep coming out of the woodwork , the steers really left some of them a tad bitter...

Uh I've been here a while!

ccmom
12-08-2012, 04:10 PM

GRTigers6 has been here for several years. He is a regular poster and is never arrogant or bitter.

toddg
12-08-2012, 04:17 PM
GRTigers6 has been here for several years. He is a regular poster and is never arrogant or bitter.

...and known to be very proud of his kiddos..congrats GRTigers6 on your daughters collage graduation!!!

Inmateboss
12-08-2012, 04:23 PM
UH, Gilmer has done well against everyone in the past!:D Strong Program!
Full of tradition,

Exactly!!! There is not one person in graham that follows football that doesn't know the word " Gilmer" !!!
We're just glad to be in the position to get to play them!! To be the best, you have to beat the best!!! We're coming and, "They aren't better than us, and we ain't scared"!!!
Go Steer Nation!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-08-2012, 04:25 PM
My hometown is Graham but live in fort Worth now and will be at the game. Both teams have played very good teams but as a whole Gilmers schedule has been much tougher. At least one of the top 3a districts if not the toughest. That said though what does it mean? Really nothing.
This reminds me of 2009 when Graham played Carthage in the state title game. Everyone talked about experience, size, talent, speed, etc etc etc and that Carthage would walk all over them. Well, that game ended in a whopping 1 point victory for Carthage. This will be a battle and I'll guarantee you that Graham will be more than ready. I am not saying they are gonna win and honestly on paper they probably shouldn't but the game isnt played on paper. They can beat you in multiple ways with the run, pass, or defense. They aren't the biggest team you will see on the dline but they are quick and smart. They are well coached, play as a team, and expect to win. Looking forward to it and reading the board this week. Im not ready to make a prediction yet but do not be surprised if Graham is in Jerrys World on the 21st.

Amen brother!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Uh I've been here a while!

And a dang nice guy!!! Come to some of our " meet & greets", ( scared to write it) and you'll meet some dang nice people from the DL!!! Thanks for the support GT6

Go # 5

lostaussie
12-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Exactly!!! There is not one person in graham that follows football that doesn't know the word " Gilmer" !!!
We're just glad to be in the position to get to play them!! To be the best, you have to beat the best!!! We're coming and, "They aren't better than us, and we ain't scared"!!!
Go Steer Nation!!!

Go # 5its what we have strived for. The respect from doing year after year. Thanks for the kind words. For myself the satisfaction comes from playing and beating those teams you have always heard of. The Wylie,Cueros, jaspers, celinas,Wos and many more we have played over the last decade plus is what makes this so great. We wanted to emulate those.programs..........now we are them. Graham ...........its your turn next. Take your best shot. We wouldn't want it any other way!

Inmateboss
12-08-2012, 04:58 PM
its what we have strived for. The respect from doing year after year. Thanks for the kind words. For myself the satisfaction comes from playing and beating those teams you have always heard of. The Wylie,Cueros, jaspers, celinas,Wos and many more we have played over the last decade plus is what makes this so great. We wanted to emulate those.programs..........now we are them. Graham ...........its your turn next. Take your best shot. We wouldn't want it any other way!

Yes sir, that's what I'm talking about!! Getting respect is hard, and harder to keep!!! We're coming and gonna give it our best shot!!

Go # 5

GrTigers6
12-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Love is in the air! :D

Aggie98
12-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Good luck to both.

Gilmer is not nearly as big as Kilgore in the trenches, but they are faster at just about every position on the field. They have 2 RB's (Boyd & Walker) that are around 6'1"-210 that run in the 4.4's. They have at least 2 WR's that run in the 4.3's (Dixon & Tate). And they probably have 8 other skill players that run 4.5 or better (Washington, Parrish, Jackson, Finch, Morris....). They are stupid fast. Bad news for us is a lot of them are soph's.

Deuce
12-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Gilmer is not nearly as big as Kilgore in the trenches, but they are faster at just about every position on the field. They have 2 RB's (Boyd & Walker) that are around 6'1"-210 that run in the 4.4's. They have at least 2 WR's that run in the 4.3's (Dixon & Tate). And they probably have 8 other skill players that run 4.5 or better (Washington, Parrish, Jackson, Finch, Morris....). They are stupid fast. Bad news for us is a lot of them are soph's.
I certainly agree that east tx teams are generally always very fast, but I find it very hard to believe that they have 2 kids that run a true 4.3. There are not many kids in the entire nation that run a true 4.4. And i am almost positive that your next comment will be, "when y'all play them next week you will
see how fast they are." I fully understand that they will be fast and the best team we will have played so far and I have alot of respect for Gilmer and the rich football tradition that they have. I just think sometimes the 4.3's and 4.4's that people say they run might be a tad off.

Tin Cup
12-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Gilmer rolls by Graham. Nothing to be ashamed of for Graham. Great run.

This will look like Gilmer - Argyle

Aggie98
12-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I certainly agree that east tx teams are generally always very fast, but I find it very hard to believe that they have 2 kids that run a true 4.3. There are not many kids in the entire nation that run a true 4.4. And i am almost positive that your next comment will be, "when y'all play them next week you will
see how fast they are." I fully understand that they will be fast and the best team we will have played so far and I have alot of respect for Gilmer and the rich football tradition that they have. I just think sometimes the 4.3's and 4.4's that people say they run might be a tad off.

I don't know how accurate those 40 times are, I'm just going by what I've seen on the field and read in newspapers and on the interwebs. I'll put it in a different context....

Kilgore has a receiver that clocked a 4.38 and a 4.39 at a U of H camp last summer. From what I've seen and read, Dixon and Tate are both a little faster than him. Boyd won the 100m dash in 16-3A last year as a freshman. Walker has verbally committed to play LB at A&M when he graduates in '14. He can fly and he's not small. I don't have a lot of info on the rest of them, but I've seen them live and on film and they are all gazelles.

Deuce
12-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't know how accurate those 40 times are, I'm just going by what I've seen on the field and read in newspapers and on the interwebs. I'll put it in a different context....

Kilgore has a receiver that clocked a 4.38 and a 4.39 at a U of H camp last summer. From what I've seen and read, Dixon and Tate are both a little faster than him. Boyd won the 100m dash in 16-3A last year as a freshman. Walker has verbally committed to play LB at A&M when he graduates in '14. He can fly and he's not small. I don't have a lot of info on the rest of them, but I've seen them live and on film and they are all gazelles.
Don't get me wrong, I was not trying to discredit anything you were saying. From the little bit if research that high school 40 times are always inflated.

Aggie98
12-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I was not trying to discredit anything you were saying. From the little bit if research that high school 40 times are always inflated.

I definitely agree that they're all inflated at this level. I mean the fastest NFL combine time in the last few years was like a 4.36.

hollywood
12-08-2012, 06:25 PM

Deuce, trust me on this one. Kilgore has speed speed speed... And then more speed. If Gilmer was able to contain that speed and run with them... It is legit. Both of Stephenville's CB's run sub 4.5 40's. Pettit runs a true 4.4 and Brown runs a true 4.3. Kilgore's receivers got by them. :eek:

I'm forewarning you that Gilmer will be the best and fastest team Graham has faced in a decade! If you know any of the players, ask them what they thought after watching film.

Speed isn't everything, but if the team speed is greater than yours and they can execute well, it will be a tough challenge.

Pulling for the Steers in this one.

Deuce
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Deuce, trust me on this one. Kilgore has speed speed speed... And then more speed. If Gilmer was able to contain that speed and run with them... It is legit. Both of Stephenville's CB's run sub 4.5 40's. Pettit runs a true 4.4 and Brown runs a true 4.3. Kilgore's receivers got by them. :eek:

I'm forewarning you that Gilmer will be the best and fastest team Graham has faced in a decade! If you know any of the players, ask them what they thought after watching film.

Speed isn't everything, but if the team speed is greater than yours and they can execute well, it will be a tough challenge.

They might run that by a hand timer but it is generally .1 off from the way they do it at a combine. I am not going to get into a debate over this with you, but i guarantee you that none of those kids times are true 40 times. Fast is fast, but I would bet you a grand that none of them could run a sub 4.4 at a nfl combine.

#1 TEXAN
12-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Everyone knows glimer is fast but there not loaded with 4.3-4.4 not in high school not that they dont have a 4.4 kid but theres not 5 or 6, I think this is gonna be another close back in forth game but I think graham gets there D back in shape and makes the stops when they need, they only allowed gatesville one TD after half so hopefully we can pickup where we left off.

Pawdaddy
12-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Clock times do not really matter. Gilmer has been able to run with anyone, and away from most. Graham has to be for real or they would not be one game away from the SC. What has been the back breaker in most games this year is Gilmer's ability to execute their offense utilizing their speed. That offense has gotten more complex and honed as the year has gone by. There has been a wrinkle or two added each week, but mostly, what you have seen is what you get......just better! The other intangible that has been in Gilmer's favor all year long is their conditioning. If Graham can hang with the pace of the game that Gilmer will dictate, they can stay competitive. If not, there will be a run by Gilmer sometime in the game ala the Henderson game that will put it away. Looking forward to a great game! Have to call it Gilmer by 17.

#1 TEXAN
12-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Clock times do not really matter. Gilmer has been able to run with anyone, and away from most. Graham has to be for real or they would not be one game away from the SC. What has been the back breaker in most games this year is Gilmer's ability to execute their offense utilizing their speed. That offense has gotten more complex and honed as the year has gone by. There has been a wrinkle or two added each week, but mostly, what you have seen is what you get......just better! The other intangible that has been in Gilmer's favor all year long is their conditioning. If Graham can hang with the pace of the game that Gilmer will dictate, they can stay competitive. If not, there will be a run by Gilmer sometime in the game ala the Henderson game that will put it away. Looking forward to a great game! Have to call it Gilmer by 17.

Graham will go round for round with gilmer, grahams isnt gonna be the slowest team you have seen this year I can promise you that.

Pawdaddy
12-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Graham will go round for round with gilmer, grahams isnt gonna be the slowest team you have seen this year I can promise you that.

Wouldn"t have it any other way! Hope all the Steers are healthy and the weather is like what we have enjoyed all playoffs long! Looks like Gonzalez is your fastest guy from film I have seen. I guarantee the Buckeyes will be ready. I know I am!!!!!

bobcat1
12-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Lots of difference in track speed and football speed combined with quickness and instincts.

#1 TEXAN
12-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Wouldn"t have it any other way! Hope all the Steers are healthy and the weather is like what we have enjoyed all playoffs long! Looks like Gonzalez is your fastest guy from film I have seen. I guarantee the Buckeyes will be ready. I know I am!!!!!

We have to get healthy this week we have a few banged up players but we have our fingers crossed they will be ready to go by Friday, I think this is gonna be a great match up.

ccmom
12-08-2012, 11:52 PM

That 2007 game was a great one....right up to the last freaking 9 seconds....blah!!!

The 2009 SC game was an easier loss to take, even though it was on a bigger stage. It became clear early in that game how that one would end. Actually, I'm watching the SLC/Desota game right now and seeing SMU stadium again makes me want a drink!! ;)

Good luck to both teams. Hard for me to make a prediction. History has taught me never to count out the buckeyes, BUT I've supported the steers all season....

Thinking.....

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 12:01 AM
That 2007 game was a great one....right up to the last freaking 9 seconds....blah!!!

The 2009 SC game was an easier loss to take, even though it was on a bigger stage. It became clear early in that game how that one would end. Actually, I'm watching the SLC/Desota game right now and seeing SMU stadium again makes me want a drink!! ;)

Good luck to both teams. Hard for me to make a prediction. History has taught me never to count out the buckeyes, BUT I've supported the steers all season....

Thinking.....

CCmom we're gonna show up, man up and give these guys a game for sure!!! I can stand here and talk smack but I'm not gonna sell Gilmer and shorter than the steers by calling it now! But I like our chances!!! Thanks for the support!!

Go # 5

waterboy
12-09-2012, 12:12 AM
We have to get healthy this week we have a few banged up players but we have our fingers crossed they will be ready to go by Friday, I think this is gonna be a great match up.

I hope they will be ready to go. At this stage of the season, and with all the teams have to play tough competition, staying healthy is at a premium for any team. We have several players banged up as well, and hopefully everybody will be able to go Friday night, preferrably at full strength. We have one of the best trainers in the state to help with those nagging type of injuries. If we are completely healthy we are a completely different team. All the teams left at this stage of the playoffs have proven they are extremely good and deserve to be there. We don't really know much about Graham. What kind of offense do they run? What are some of the Steers' biggest strengths?

Aggie98
12-09-2012, 12:14 AM

I think it's going to be a very competitive game that will come down to the last few minutes... But I think Gilmer wins. That's just what they do.

We had the best team we've had in probably 8 years this year... made it to the D1 Semifinals and had a realistic shot at knocking off Sville with 5:00 left in the game.... Gilmer beat us.

Henderson also had a terrific team this year and cakewalked into the D2 Quarterfinals. Gilmer beat them twice.

Coming into the playoffs, most "experts" had Argyle playing Sota for the D2 title and understandably so with a very good offense and a shutdown defense. Gilmer beat them by 3 TD's.

They just win.

hollywood
12-09-2012, 12:14 AM
They might run that by a hand timer but it is generally .1 off from the way they do it at a combine. I am not going to get into a debate over this with you, but i guarantee you that none of those kids times are true 40 times. Fast is fast, but I would bet you a grand that none of them could run a sub 4.4 at a nfl combine.

I understand your point. I know Preston Brown was clocked at 4.38 or a tad faster at UT this past summer. Combine would be different I agree.

I've watched Graham in 7on7 and vs Glen Rose. Graham has speed and quickness. Game speed as well. I'm not saying Graham will be totally outmatched but Gilmer will not only be big but fast. Graham's QB Davis is going to be under a LOT of pressure. SV's QB Jones has a canon for an arm and was picked off twice last night purely from the speed of Kilgore's defense. He'd only had 4 interceptions all season. Just saying get ready to be humbled by Gilmer's speed all over the field. Graham definitely will have their hands full. I believe they can win though. But it'll take Graham's best performance of the year.

Good luck Steers!

waterboy
12-09-2012, 12:17 AM

Drinking.....
There. I corrected it for you.:spitlol: The Buckeyes have taken us fans for one very fun ride, and have proven that they definitely know how to win, even when they get behind. The Buckeyes just don't seem to get rattled very easily. I'll go ahead and say that they will find a way to win this game.......somehow, someway.

regaleagle
12-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Gilmer is multi-talented on offense and can beat the opponent in many different ways. Tanner Barr is a very good qb that can pass and run. He's the trigger man for the offense, but knows that he has a cast of talent to spread the balls to. It's difficult to key on any one or two players. Traylor will look for favorable matchups he can exploit with his arsenal of weapons to select from. On defense, Gilmer did better than any other team Argyle played this season in containing Sadler and the rest of the Argyle offensive attack, which was formidable like Graham's has been. The spider monkeys are fast enough to hold when needed. We gashed them for yards, but without Boyzuick hitting his passes that night, most of the yards were on the ground by Ralston or short passes for short gains. If the Buckeyes D does its contain job on Graham, it's that Gilmer offense that will win this game. Just lots of talent and speed. And Argyle does have speed....just not as many at so many positions. I don't see Graham being able to hold the Gilmer offense enough all nite to win this one. The Buckeyes offense will score with about 70% of their possessions. If they get the ball 8-9 times, they will end up over 40 pts.

buckeyebob
12-09-2012, 11:08 AM

Good luck to both.

Sounds like our Friday game against Henderson...amazing...Gilmer closed the opening half with a fury, scoring 14 unanswered points during the final 2:34 to go into the break down 31-28 after falling behind by 17 points earlier in the quarter...broke their back

buckeyebob
12-09-2012, 11:12 AM

They are in the 4.8 to 5.0 range...thet just look fast...after all, East Texas Speed Kills

hollywood
12-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Is Graham 100%?

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Is Graham 100%?

We are now!! Moved up 23 freshmen!! But their all studs too!! Should be good to go !!!

Go # 5

gully81
12-09-2012, 03:19 PM
We are now!! Moved up 23 freshmen!! But their all studs too!! Should be good to go !!!

Go # 5

:vrycnfsd: This isnt good if true.

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 03:24 PM
:vrycnfsd: This isnt good

Not really!!! Just picking at Hollywood we're good to go!!! But after a great game like Friday to still be healthy is a blessing!!!

Go # 5

gully81
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Not really!!! Just picking at Hollywood we're good to go!!! But after a great game like Friday to still be healthy is a blessing!!!

Go # 5

I figured you were joking.

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
I figured you were joking.

They really are studs, we're just setting the bar for them this year!!

Go # 5

gully81
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
They really are studs, we're just setting the bar for them this year!!

Go # 5

Good Graham needs to start something special

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Good Graham needs to start something special

This group of young men have set the pace for the ones coming up, on and off the field!!! Very proud of these guys!!!

Go # 5

Steer81
12-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Yet again the Steers get a face another team on a Mission, Another team with a Great QB, Another Team with Great Speed, Another team with big heart, Another team that will blow the Steers out, Another team who says the Steers have not played anyone. This Steer Team is the TRUE EXAMPLE of a TEAM. They are not Scared and Gillmer is not Better then them!

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Yet again the Steers get a face another team on a Mission, Another team with a Great QB, Another Team with Great Speed, Another team with big heart, Another team that will blow the Steers out, Another team who says the Steers have not played anyone. This Steer Team is the TRUE EXAMPLE of a TEAM. They are not Scared and Gillmer is not Better then them!

Amen Brother!!!

Go # 5

lostaussie
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Yet again the Steers get a face another team on a Mission, Another team with a Great QB, Another Team with Great Speed, Another team with big heart, Another team that will blow the Steers out, Another team who says the Steers have not played anyone. This Steer Team is the TRUE EXAMPLE of a TEAM. They are not Scared and Gillmer is not Better then them!u do know most of the folks singing our praises are not from Gilmer. We have been here before, we have done this before and we wont overlook anybody. And its freaking GILMER not Gillmer. That may cost you an extra 6!!!

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 07:21 PM
u do know most of the folks singing our praises are not from Gilmer. We have been here before, we have done this before and we wont overlook anybody. And its freaking GILMER not Gillmer. That may cost you an extra 6!!!

Lol that's great!!! GILMER has always had a great following!! Y'all will have a bigger following this week, most with their bookies on speed dial!!!

Go # 5

pirate4state
12-09-2012, 07:32 PM
GATA BUCKEYES!!! need another win this week so I can see yall in Arlington :)

lostaussie
12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
GATA BUCKEYES!!! need another win this week so I can see yall in Arlington :)WTH...I need a P4S fix! We get er done just for you! Lol

Luckydawg
12-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Graham is the visitors not home team.

lostaussie
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Graham is the visitors not home team.guess I got some bogus info then. Don't think it matters to us. I like the black unis better though

hollywood
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Gilmer all black uni's vs Graham all white uni's. I like both!

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Gilmer all black uni's vs Graham all white uni's. I like both!

Hell in the playoffs, you should be able to wear what ever you too!!

Go # 5

toddg
12-09-2012, 09:51 PM

speed is overrated somewhat, especially at this time of the season...Katy has been dominating teams with more speed all year, what did tons of speed do for lufkin in their 2 semi-final games against SLC? or the 2 championship games against LT for Longview..what did it do for Manvel against Aledo last year..or Carthage against El Campo last week?..etc...not a lot! execution, technic, team concept..fundemental football smarts and quickness plays a much bigger role!
everyone said Alvarado couldnt handle the speed of CH last year in the championship game..speed aint what beat us..it was a fumble and a botched 2 point conversion that beat us, in otherwords, lack of EXECUTION at critical points in the ball game that ultimately resulted in a loss!! when you hear Gilmer folks talk about their team, they very rarely mention speed, they always talk about execution..same with Graham and Stephenville, El Campo, Navasota, Bellville etc. they all are still in this because of basic football fundementals...EXECUTION!..probably why they are all playing next week and the rest of us are sitting around talking about speed kills or some such..somewhere Gordon Wood is laughing!!

83Indian
12-09-2012, 10:01 PM
speed is overrated somewhat, especially at this time of the season...Katy has been dominating teams with more speed all year, what did tons of speed do for lufkin in their 2 semi-final games against SLC? or the 2 championship games against LT for Longview..what did it do for Manvel against Aledo last year..or Carthage against El Campo last week?..etc...not a lot! execution, technic, team concept..fundemental football smarts and quickness plays a much bigger role!
everyone said Alvarado couldnt handle the speed of CH last year in the championship game..speed aint what beat us..it was a fumble and a botched 2 point conversion that beat us, in otherwords, lack of EXECUTION at critical points in the ball game that ultimately resulted in a loss!! when you hear Gilmer folks talk about their team, they very rarely mention speed, they always talk about execution..same with Graham and Stephenville, El Campo, Navasota, Bellville etc. they all are still in this because of basic football fundementals...EXECUTION!..probably why they are all playing next week and the rest of us are sitting around talking about speed kills or some such..somewhere Gordon Wood is laughing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0GdQyIm7DU

pirate4state
12-09-2012, 10:04 PM
WTH...I need a P4S fix! We get er done just for you! Lol haha thanks!

toddg
12-09-2012, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0GdQyIm7DU

so mick gets the chicken out to improve Rocky's quickness..but, ultimately it was fundementals that the tomato can went back to, that got him the ko over the speedy apollo creed!

83Indian
12-09-2012, 10:38 PM
so mick gets the chicken out to improve Rocky's quickness..but, ultimately it was fundementals that the tomato can went back to, that got him the ko over the speedy apollo creed!

I don't disagree Todd. Just like stirring the pot for the east texas folks! :stirpot:

CP3Dad
12-10-2012, 11:19 AM

I thought Brownwood '09 was the greatest team of all-time?!?

Slick50
12-10-2012, 11:30 AM
i thought brownwood '09 was the greatest team of all-time?!?

'09 and '10

BwdLion73
12-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I thought Brownwood '09 was the greatest team of all-time?!?

Thanks....but we have had many more than that...:D and by the way good luck and congrats on a great year, I'm pulling for you.

hollywood
12-10-2012, 11:41 AM
'09 and '10

Well duh!

:D

Ragin Red
12-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I can say one thing about this team the word quit is not in these guys vocabulary and Gilmer will find out just how hard Grahams defense hits and how often they hit. Defense will have another strong game this week and the Offense well they kind of get lost in the hype but know this for sure they can score and score often from an assortment of young men.
Good luck on trying to contain them all, don't need to be the fastest (4.3 or 4.4) but consistent and that is what our offense is doing is taking what the defense gives us.

Good Luck to the Steers go out and prove everybody who says that yall can't win wrong. Bring it home again STEERS all the way.

jason
12-10-2012, 11:49 AM
gilmer > kilgore -- kilgore > wylie -- wylie > graham
therefore
gilmer > graham

gilmer rolls

jason
12-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Gilmer will find out just how hard Grahams defense hits and how often they hit.
you can't hit what you can't catch

Deuce
12-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah, we have heard that before. For some reason we just keep hanging around though!

Slick50
12-10-2012, 12:13 PM

You have had one too many of your avatars.

Steers95
12-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I can say one thing about this team the word quit is not in these guys vocabulary and Gilmer will find out just how hard Grahams defense hits and how often they hit. Defense will have another strong game this week and the Offense well they kind of get lost in the hype but know this for sure they can score and score often from an assortment of young men.
Good luck on trying to contain them all, don't need to be the fastest (4.3 or 4.4) but consistent and that is what our offense is doing is taking what the defense gives us.

Good Luck to the Steers go out and prove everybody who says that yall can't win wrong. Bring it home again STEERS all the way.

i have to disagree with this. the offense has won the game for the steers in two of their play off games so far. (glen rose and gateville) davis had a record night against gatesville only throwing 3 incompletions. if graham wants to beat Gilmer, which i believe they can, the defense has to come out playing from the first quarter and not stop until the final buzzer. i feel like the fans havent got to see that in the play offs yet. it will be crazy to see when it actually happens and i feel like that will be friday night in Mansfield.

waterboy
12-10-2012, 12:20 PM
What gets lost in all this is that the Buckeye DEFENSE is pretty doggone good, too! The Black Flag DEFENSE has been good all year against some pretty doggone good competition, and now that the offense has finally jelled and found itself, the Buckeyes will be a tough "nut" to crack.:D I like the Buckeyes' chances at getting another win this week.... We'll see how it plays out. I'm not saying Graham has no chance, but I just think these Buckeyes will continue to do what they've done all season, and that is find a way to win.

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2012, 12:25 PM
gilmer > kilgore -- kilgore > wylie -- wylie > graham
therefore
gilmer > graham

gilmer rolls

This isnt even close to the team that played wylie thats not a very good comparison.

Ranger Mom
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
While reading this thread, all I could think of was 10 years ago, at this very point in the playoffs, Greenwood was slated to play the Dangerfield Tigers! That was the first year I had joined this board and I was on this site practically 24-7!

There was hardly one single poster that thought that those big slow boys from some West Texas school, that most had never even heard of, were going to come in and even be able to hang with the East Texas Powerhouse that was Dangerfield. No way could we stop that East Texas speed, or even hope to slow it down.

Not only did we stop them......we ended up skunking to them....10 - 0!! And then watched them completely lose their composure and attack our players. Refs calls the game with 32 seconds left on the clock!!

They (the posters on this board) said it couldn't be done.......but the Rangers showed them differently!! (The next week was a completely different story...but at least we can always say we made it to the big dance!!)

With all that being said...........................GO GRAHAM!!!!!!

Old Tiger
12-10-2012, 01:32 PM
While reading this thread, all I could think of was 10 years ago, at this very point in the playoffs, Greenwood was slated to play the Dangerfield Tigers! That was the first year I had joined this board and I was on this site practically 24-7!

There was hardly one single poster that thought that those big slow boys from some West Texas school, that most had never even heard of, were going to come in and even be able to hang with the East Texas Powerhouse that was Dangerfield. No way could we stop that East Texas speed, or even hope to slow it down.

Not only did we stop them......we ended up skunking to them....10 - 0!! And then watched them completely lose their composure and attack our players. Refs calls the game with 32 seconds left on the clock!!

They (the posters on this board) said it couldn't be done.......but the Rangers showed them differently!! (The next week was a completely different story...but at least we can always say we made it to the big dance!!)

5 years ago today I met you....I was in love ever since.

waterboy
12-10-2012, 01:38 PM
RM, I remember that game, and I told a buddy of mine that Daingerfield would lose that game. The reason I thought they would lose was because they lacked discipline. It was an embarassing representation of East Texas at that time. You will notice that nobody from Gilmer will say that Graham has "no chance". Posters from other towns can say what they think, but the Buckeyes will DEFINITELY respect Graham, and will prepare for battle as if they can be beat because, quite frankly, they can be if they don't perform. We all know that the teams that are left this deep in the playoffs are good, or else they wouldn't be here. Discipline will not be a problem for Gilmer, that I can assure you. As a Buckeye fan, I have enjoyed this Buckeye team as much, if not more than any team we've fielded in recent memory. They have shown us that they have a strong work ethic, and will practice (and play) as hard as they need to to win.

Win or lose, I am as proud of this team as I have been of any other team we have fielded. IF by chance we were to be beaten by Graham, our young men will meet them at midfield, shake their hands, and tell them to win next week. I do, however, have faith that these Buckeyes will win this game. It's what they have done all year, even when the odds were against them. This team has EARNED my respect.

hollywood
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Who is Gilmer's only loss?

Ragin Red
12-10-2012, 02:49 PM

Ranger Mom we appreciate the vote of confidence and the kind words. These boys will be focused and very well prepared for the battle ahead of them.
A special thanks to the coach's wives for supporting the coaching staff during the football season.

lostaussie
12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Plano prestonwood

waterboy
12-10-2012, 02:58 PM

Gilmer got spanked in their second game of the season against an experienced Plano Prestonwood team, 42-12. Prestonwood caught the Buckeyes at the right time, though, because the Buckeyes were only in their second game with a completely new starting skill set. Suffice it to say, once we got experience, and could get deeper and deeper into the playbook, we've gotten better and better. Gilmer will absolutely spank Prestonwood at Buckeye Stadium next year. We will have almost everybody back. There are only five seniors on this year's team that get significant playing time, so it should be a MUCH different story next year. With all the close games and comebacks to win this year, and a deep playoff run, next year's team should be even better.

hollywood
12-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Gilmer got spanked in their second game of the season against an experienced Plano Prestonwood team, 42-12. Prestonwood caught the Buckeyes at the right time, though, because the Buckeyes were only in their second game with a completely new starting skill set. Suffice it to say, once we got experience, and could get deeper and deeper into the playbook, we've gotten better and better. Gilmer will absolutely spank Prestonwood at Buckeye Stadium next year. We will have almost everybody back. There are only five seniors on this year's team that get significant playing time, so it should be a MUCH different story next year. With all the close games and comebacks to win this year, and a deep playoff run, next year's team should be even better.

Nice! It must be a good feeling to have that many underclassmen returning for 2013!

Stephenville will only return about half on each side of the ball. Of course QB T Jones is graduating but the QB waiting in the wings will be another humdinger.

Good luck this week against Graham. They are salty! They don't make you go :eek: when they get off the bus... but when they strap it on, game on jack!

waterboy
12-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Nice! It must be a good feeling to have that many underclassmen returning for 2013!

Stephenville will only return about half on each side of the ball. Of course QB T Jones is graduating but the QB waiting in the wings will be another humdinger.

Good luck this week against Graham. They are salty! They don't make you go :eek: when they get off the bus... but when they strap it on, game on jack!

Yep, the future does look bright for sure. Good luck to Stephenville, too, although I don't think y'all will need any "luck". I was surprised y'all were able to hang 42 on Kilgore. Y'all capitalized on their mistakes, and that is something Kilgore definitely couldn't afford to make in that game.

We know Graham is salty, or else they wouldn't be in the semifinals. It's definitely not "luck" that they made it this far. Gilmer is another team that you look at when they enter the field, you don't say wow. They are not very big at all. Once you see them play, though, they do open some eyes. Like I've said all year, this is the fastest team overall that I've seen us field since '04. They just keep getting better and better, and as a Buckeye fan, we are enjoying the ride for sure.

hollywood
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Yep, the future does look bright for sure. Good luck to Stephenville, too, although I don't think y'all will need any "luck". I was surprised y'all were able to hang 42 on Kilgore. Y'all capitalized on their mistakes, and that is something Kilgore definitely couldn't afford to make in that game.

We know Graham is salty, or else they wouldn't be in the semifinals. It's definitely not "luck" that they made it this far. Gilmer is another team that you look at when they enter the field, you don't say wow. They are not very big at all. Once you see them play, though, they do open some eyes. Like I've said all year, this is the fastest team overall that I've seen us field since '04. They just keep getting better and better, and as a Buckeye fan, we are enjoying the ride for sure.

waterboy, don't take this as being arrogant but I wasn't surprised Stephenville scored 42points on Kilgore. But I was surprised at how they did it. I expected them to get maybe 21 points in the 1st half and then open it up in the 2nd half. The exact opposite happened. They scored 35 in the 1st half and only 7 in the 2nd half. First time all season they have been held to only 7 in the 2nd half. Kilgore had speed all over the place.

Gilmer vs Graham will be a great game. Mansfield's Vernon Newsom stadium was designed by a very good friend of mine. A very good venue and very accessible.

waterboy
12-10-2012, 04:00 PM
waterboy, don't take this as being arrogant but I wasn't surprised Stephenville scored 42points on Kilgore. But I was surprised at how they did it. I expected them to get maybe 21 points in the 1st half and then open it up in the 2nd half. The exact opposite happened. They scored 35 in the 1st half and only 7 in the 2nd half. First time all season they have been held to only 7 in the 2nd half. Kilgore had speed all over the place.

Gilmer vs Graham will be a great game. Mansfield's Vernon Newsom stadium was designed by a very good friend of mine. A very good venue and very accessible.

I don't take it as being arrogant, especially after the fact. I knew Kilgore definitely couldn't afford to make mistakes, and the "Jackets capitalized on them. That's what good teams do. As good as Kilgore's defense is, if they give somebody a short field it's tough to get stops, especially against high-powered offenses like the 'Ville obviously has.

It's still iffy whether I will be able to make the Graham game right now. My eldest daughter has a basketball tournament she's playing in. I pray they win the Thursday game because that will mean they won't have a Friday game. They drew a first round bye, and the championship game is on Saturday if they win. However, if they lose on Thursday they will have to play Friday. I'm praying AND keeping my fingers crossed, hunting for 4-leaf clovers, rubbing my Buckeyes :eek:, and everything else hoping to get to make it, lol.

Rattler
12-10-2012, 04:07 PM
This is a post from "Smoaky's East Texas Forums"

Posted Today, 02:21 PM
Looking at the stats,, it looks like Graham has scored a lot of points, and has between five and six thousand yards. It also looks like they are a balanced team on offense,, about 50% on both passing, and running the ball. 39 ppg,, and giving up 14 ppg avg. I have no idea how that translates comparatively speaking, trying to determine how they will do against the speed of East Texas teams. Their roster shows 23 kids,,, surely they have more than that, it's probably not correct. Another site shows they have 42,, that's probably more like it. It's way hard to compare us to them, so getting a read on how this game might go will really be anybody's guess.

Another site shows that Graham and Gilmer have played once before, in 1932,, and Graham won 18 - 0. Looks like we got a little "payback" to take care of huh? That was a "Regional" game in '32.

It appears their name is pretty authentic,,, considering they are named the "Steers". Sounds kinda "cowboyish" right?? Well, their kids sure do have "cowboy" names. Guess it goes with the territory. There are four boys named Hunter, one named Travis, one named Cole, a Colton, a "Spur",, a "Rowdy", two Bens, a Landon, a "Dustin", an Austin,, a Husky,,and "oooops",, how did this one get in there????? a "Fidel". It kinda sounds like all those names,,,(except Fidel) came right off the list of rodeo bull riding cowboys. Probably a bunch of tough, farm/ranch working kids. I remember us playing "Olney" back in the '60's,,, that bunch of hard nosed west texas kids kicked our hineys.

One thing we do "not" need to do is take this team lightly. This is a very big state, without doubt. And there are a lot of 3-A football teams. Not exactly sure of the total, but I think it's right around 180 teams. And I'm sorry folks,, you don't get to be one of the last 4 teams standing in Div 2, and not be a pretty doggone good football team. Besides,,, the prize is not to "get to the Semi finals." The target all along for any team is to make it to the State Championship Game. Once there,, you don't have to worry about any other team but the one that occupying the opposite side of the field. But until you make the final game,, there are other teams out there who want to do the same thing. And Graham is one of those teams. Believe you me,, they want to get there just as bad as the Buckeyes do. You just don't take anyone for granted. This bunch of younguns will have to be "just as up",, just as focused, just as fired up, and intense this week,, as we were last week,, and how we will be next week should we be lucky enough to get past Graham.

I'm hearing a lot of people on Smoaky saying Gilmer won't have any trouble making the Championship game. That we should knock off Graham without a problem. Well,, say what you want to,,, but this is one Buckeye fan, who won't count my chicks until the eggs are cracked open. I know this is a smack talkin' forum. And people say stuff like that all the time,, but sometimes an alligator mouth will overload a tadpole butt. Now if we beat Graham,, I'll be back on here tootin' the Buckeyes horns for sure. But we've come too far,, to rest on any laurels of the season up until this point. I'm hopin' we win by 30,, that way I won't have to worry about my heart playin' out on me. LOL I'll be confident about our "chances",,, because I believe in our football team. But my "predictions" of a Buckeye win, won't help our kids get there one little iota. They gotta want it,, and gotta do it themselves.

waterboy
12-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Yep, I like AnOldBuckeye. He tells it like most us see it. There's always going to be fans saying "blowout", and things of that nature. I say that don't mean doodley squat. If ANY team takes an opponent lightly this late in the playoffs, they will most likely be "watching" the games the next week, not "participating". ALL the teams that are left are good enough to knock the other off, even if on paper it seems like a mismatch. The goal is not to be happy just getting to this point, but to win the final prize, and that won't be done but by winning on the FIELD, ONE GAME AT A TIME! GO BUCKEYES!!!

waterboy
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Then you have guys like this over on Smoaky:

GILMER HOMEDUDES 19

Wow. I don't "think" that'll happen, lol.

Ragin Red
12-10-2012, 04:34 PM
i have to disagree with this. the offense has won the game for the steers in two of their play off games so far. (glen rose and gateville) davis had a record night against gatesville only throwing 3 incompletions. if graham wants to beat Gilmer, which i believe they can, the defense has to come out playing from the first quarter and not stop until the final buzzer. i feel like the fans havent got to see that in the play offs yet. it will be crazy to see when it actually happens and i feel like that will be friday night in Mansfield.

I'll have to disagree with you on this one, if you read this I was giving a compliment to the offense as well, my son plays both and I was saying that the offense gets lost on this thread because so much is said about the defense.

Rattler
12-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Then you have guys like this over on Smoaky:

GILMER HOMEDUDES 19

Wow. I don't "think" that'll happen, lol.

I can see maybe a 48 - 21 Graham WIN!!!!!

waterboy
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I can see maybe a 48 - 21 Graham WIN!!!!!
You might want to change those homer goggles you're wearing is all I'm going to say about that.

Bullaholic
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
I think Gilmer has the edge in athleticism and size. Graham executes very well and doesn't make many mistakes on either side of the ball. I have only seen Graham so I can talk a lot more about the Steers than Gilmer. The Graham QB is one of the most accurate and quick throwers I have seen in a while. He looks like he is throwing darts, and even makes swing/flat passes right on the hands and perfectly in front and in-stride to WR/RB's. He can hit the window even when his receivers are well covered. The Bull defense was not able to pressure him much, so I don't know how well he will do under pressure like Gilmer will be able to deliver.

Ragin Red
12-10-2012, 05:15 PM
I think Gilmer has the edge in athleticism and size. Graham executes very well and doesn't make many mistakes on either side of the ball. I have only seen Graham so I can talk a lot more about the Steers than Gilmer. The Graham QB is one of the most accurate and quick throwers I have seen in a while. He looks like he is throwing darts, and even makes swing/flat passes right on the hands and perfectly in front and in-stride to WR/RB's. He can hit the window even when his receivers are well covered. The Bull defense was not able to pressure him much, so I don't know how well he will do under pressure like Gilmer will be able to deliver.

Offensive line will have alot to say about how he does under pressure. You may get to him a couple of times but the coaching staff makes adjustments on the fly and then lights out.

Ragin Red
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Plus flush him and the QB can run the ball as well as he throws it. Receivers block very well down field for the running backs and whoever is running with the ball.

Rattler
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I also think Graham has the size and strength advantage on the Defensive line vs Gilmers Oline. 71-61-76 will cause a lot of hell for that O-line.:crazy1:

hollywood
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Any rosters available? Weights and hights?

Rattler
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
maxpreps has all of Grahams stats.

lostaussie
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
I can see maybe a 48 - 21 Graham WIN!!!!!I can't

lostaussie
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Y'all just keep beating your chests.......lol time will tell

Rattler
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Honestly I see it closer.. Ill post later in the week my score prediction, after a few more hours of film!

waterboy
12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Y'all just keep beating your chests.......lol time will tell

Ssshhhhhh.......... Just tell them we are small and slow, but we make up for it by being weak, too.:D

Aggie98
12-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I also think Graham has the size and strength advantage on the Defensive line vs Gilmers Oline.

Most everyone has.

Aesculus gilmus
12-10-2012, 06:34 PM
For some reason, this banter back and forth reminds me more of the buildup to the Snyder game in 2004 than any of the discussions on here during the weeks before Gilmer played Abilene Wylie.

Pawdaddy
12-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I also think Graham has the size and strength advantage on the Defensive line vs Gilmers Oline. 71-61-76 will cause a lot of hell for that O-line.:crazy1:

After about two and a half quarters of the Gilmer pace of play, 71-61-76 will be sucking wind and moving like their feet are in buckets. We have seen it all year. At that point, the A-Train (#20) will pound what is left of them up the middle and the Gang of Sophomores running the ball will blow through them like a west Texas dirt devil. The Buckeyes will even make you a believer BEFORE the end of the game Friday. Graham has had a great season, but it ends this week.

Themishman
12-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Gilmer will be chanting slow down Speedy Gonzales because all they will see is "A" an elbows. Good luck Gilmer but you are going down hard. You guys haven't seen a total team like the Steers have...

poisoned10
12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Gilmer will be chanting slow down Speedy Gonzales because all they will see is "A" an elbows. Good luck Gilmer but you are going down hard. You guys haven't seen a total team like the Steers have...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll start practicing that new chant as soon as I get home.

Sent from my iPhone

poisoned10
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I also think Graham has the size and strength advantage on the Defensive line vs Gilmers Oline.

There aren't many teams that Gilmer has played that wasn't bigger and stronger than our offensive line. We still have managed to rush for over 200 yards in most, if not all of our games.

The great thing about Gilmer is we don't rely on anyone to make our offense go, except for maybe our QB. But even the play he got hurt against Argyle our backup QB scored a TD. Our leading rusher and one of our top DB's didn't play a down against Kilgore and we still fared pretty well against them. You will see about 40-45 kids rotated throughout the game.

If I remember correctly, Gilmer has had 9 different kids score a rushing TD and 6 different kids score a receiving TD.

Sent from my iPhone

lostaussie
12-10-2012, 07:39 PM
For some reason, this banter back and forth reminds me more of the buildup to the Snyder game in 2004 than any of the discussions on here during the weeks before Gilmer played Abilene Wylie.exactly what I been thinking............and we all know how that turned out. I just let them spew! Lol

Themishman
12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm glad you are. You are going to need the practice maybe you will have it down by Friday night I hear you east Texas boys are slow so you will need the practice....

lostaussie
12-10-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm glad you are. You are going to need the practice maybe you will have it down by Friday night I hear you east Texas boys are slow so you will need the practice....let me tell you about practice............Thursday will be the last day you need too:thumbsup:

Rattler
12-10-2012, 08:55 PM
The only kids that will be sucking wind will be the Gilmer running back, QB, and receivers after Graham's defense knocks the breath out of them on a bone crushing hit!

lostaussie
12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
The only kids that will be sucking wind will be the Gilmer running back, QB, and receivers after Graham's defense knocks the breath out of them on a bone crushing hit!10-4 Now do you homework!

poisoned10
12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
The only kids that will be sucking wind will be the Gilmer running back, QB, and receivers after they blaze by Graham's defenders with their bone dissolving speed.

This is the correct statement.

Sent from my iPhone

pirate4state
12-10-2012, 10:05 PM

LOL okay

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2012, 10:39 PM
35-27 Steers, Im gonna say graham scores at least one defense TD

waterboy
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
It's great to be behind your team, but to say that Graham will "blow out" Gilmer is a bit much, in my opinion. We are GILMER! Perhaps you've heard of us. If not you will learn a LOT about us this Friday night. You will know our school song, and our fight song, which will be played over and over and over...... The Buckeyes WILL find a way to win this game. That is just the way I see it, and the way it will likely be.

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2012, 10:48 PM
It's great to be behind your team, but to say that Graham will "blow out" Gilmer is a bit much, in my opinion. We are GILMER! Perhaps you've heard of us. If not you will learn a LOT about us this Friday night. You will know our school song, and our fight song, which will be played over and over and over...... The Buckeyes WILL find a way to win this game. That is just the way I see it, and the way it will likely be.

I dont think anyone thinks this game will be a blowout either way

garciap77
12-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Dang waterboy are you at work?:eek:

Themishman
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Your right defense does win championships look up Graham def. believe we lead the state in INTs....

waterboy
12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
I dont think anyone thinks this game will be a blowout either way

Have you read some of posts on the previous pages? Personally, I don't care what those Graham posters "think" will happen, lol. Reality will settle in soon enough.:cool:

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2012, 11:07 PM
[QUOTE=waterboy;1728312]Have you read some of posts on the previous pages? Personally, I don't care what those Graham posters "think" will happen, lol. Reality will settle in soon enough.:cool:[/QUOTEI

I was just posting a prediction, there no doubt you team is good or they wouldn't be here I just based my prediction off of what I believe the outcome will be. This is gonna be a great game that will come down to the wire I think the steers D will make the stops they need to win the game.

waterboy
12-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Dang waterboy are you at work?:eek:

Nope. Just doing some video work on the computer, and checking in between saving edits. Are you going to come to anymore games? If you do you can take some pictures of some of our players. You might want to get an extremely high speed lens, though........:D

garciap77
12-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Nope. Just doing some video work on the computer, and checking in between saving edits. Are you going to come to anymore games? If you do you can take some pictures of some of our players. You might want to get an extremely high speed lens, though........:D

That's right you guys are east Texas, so I'll use my east Texas lens!:D And for you and lostaussie I'll used my Polaroid with the beer filter!:D

waterboy
12-10-2012, 11:18 PM
I was just posting a prediction, there no doubt you team is good or they wouldn't be here I just based my prediction off of what I believe the outcome will be. This is gonna be a great game that will come down to the wire I think the steers D will make the stops they need to win the game.

It's cool. I just find it amusing what some of the Graham posters are predicting. At least you're predicting it to be close.

waterboy
12-10-2012, 11:23 PM
That's right you guys are east Texas, so I'll use my east Texas lens!:D And for you and lostaussie I'll used my Polaroid with the beer filter!:D

Hope to see ya soon, Garcia. I haven't seen ya since the state game in '09. You do remember that game don't you? This Buckeye team has more speed than that team, and at a lot more positions.:eek:

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2012, 11:29 PM
It's cool. I just find it amusing what some of the Graham posters are predicting. At least you're predicting it to be close.

Both teams have great offenses and both D's have shown that can get the job done when needed. I think this will be one of the best games of the weekend for sure Grahams D had a bad first half against gatesville part was due to the hornets high powered O but alot was some very poor tackling on our part, they made some adjustments and came out and only allowed 3 first downs in the second half I think there out to prove they can play at that level for the entire game against a great team, and yes Gilmer will have the most speed we have played but like I have said before I can promise you that this steer team will not be the slowest team yall have played this year.

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Hope to see ya soon, Garcia. I haven't seen ya since the state game in '09. You do remember that game don't you? This Buckeye team has more speed than that team, and at a lot more positions.:eek:

Minus Stump Godfrey

garciap77
12-10-2012, 11:34 PM

No way!!!!:eek:

Pawdaddy
12-11-2012, 03:56 AM
The only kids that will be sucking wind will be the Gilmer running back, QB, and receivers after Graham's defense knocks the breath out of them on a bone crushing hit!

Let me count real quick......you are relying on 4-6 running backs (3 sophmores) and 6-7 receivers sucking wind. I don't believe your boys can hang with the Buckeyes. You will be a sad sack of **** about 10pm Friday night.

AverageJoe
12-11-2012, 03:56 AM
I've only seen Graham play this year haven't been out East so I will only talk on Graham. Graham has gotten better every time I've seen them especially offensively and they make great halftime adjustments defensively. I've seen Graham play quite a few times this year and in their one loss to Wylie, Wylie was able to shut down Graham's run game and exposed Graham between the tackles and picked on one of their corners. Also idk what it is about Graham but they NEVER have a good kicking game....always seems to hurt them at some point during a game. *look at the 09 championship. But that being said Graham is a VERY good football team. They are one of the most effecient offenses I've watched this year with great balance. They have a serious weapon in their running back. Great spread running back that is deadly in the passing game. Solid O line. Reliable receivers with one very athletic one that can stretch a defense and isn't afraid of going over the middle and a QB that is very accurate and commands the offense very well with little mistake. Defensively Graham runs a defense you don't see every day in a 3-5-3(even though it doesn't look it sometimes they roll to different looks often) that has caused problems for opponents and every game I've seen their Defensive Coordinator is very good at exposing an offenses weakness and makes great adjustments throughout the game. They have one shut down corner and their best athlete on the team moves around from outside linebacker to safety and makes alot of big plays. They also just got back a defenseive end they have had out that is very physical and athletic. Their inside linebacker corp doesn't look like much at all and are very undersized but week in and week out make plays. This should be a great game between 2 great progams.
Good luck to both teams.

buckeyebob
12-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Your right defense does win championships look up Graham def. believe we lead the state in INTs....

We have to throw before you can intercept...we will probably come out and run the ball ie. Liberty Hil 2007 where we got our training in Waco.

Steer81
12-11-2012, 07:35 AM
We have to throw before you can intercept...we will probably come out and run the ball ie. Liberty Hil 2007 where we got our training in Waco.

I sure hope so. The Steers D only giving up 91 yards a game rushing!

Themishman
12-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Don't you LOVE LOVE that Steer "D" it is freaking awesome!!!! Go Steers

lostaussie
12-11-2012, 08:24 AM
I sure hope so. The Steers D only giving up 91 yards a game rushing!we will see how that works for you:D

Deuce
12-11-2012, 08:26 AM
IMO, for anyone to really believe that this will be a blowout win for either team, you will probably be wrong. Both teams are here because they are very good and bring alot of things to the table. Once again, this Graham bunch will not be overly impressive when they get off the bus, but you better buckle up tight when you get on the field because they swarm the ball and will bring the heat!! Graham by 1!

Steer81
12-11-2012, 08:30 AM
we will see how that works for you:D

Same thing said by Vernon,Glen Rose, Greenwood, Gatesville...

lostaussie
12-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Same thing said by Vernon,Glen Rose, Greenwood, Gatesville...bahaha...........we ain't them:thumbsup:

waterboy
12-11-2012, 09:01 AM
No way!!!!:eek:

Yes, way!:D Remember how fast #3 Tristen Holt was? We have at least 4 or 5 players that are just as fast, at least 2 that are faster. Believe it, brother. Graham will definitely try to contain us, and might do a good job of it, but if any of about 7 or 8 of our players gets a step, it's goodbye. Just telling you the truth. Our defense is fast, too, and has attitude. #20 and #13 will be in the backfield all night, along with #2. Just saying.......buckle up those chin straps tight. This should be a good test for both teams.

CP3Dad
12-11-2012, 09:07 AM
Tension is high....can't wait for the know you are but what am I, comeback...:1popcorn:

Rattler
12-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Graham 41 Gilmer 28

Inmateboss
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
bahaha...........we ain't them:thumbsup:

I'll bring you a graham shirt to wear after this game!!! Your gonna need it!!!

Go # 5

Slick50
12-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Quick question, does Gilmer have anything but speed? Thats all you gilmer people talk about. Hell I can run fast to the fridge for a cold one.:D

Inmateboss
12-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Quick question, does Gilmer have anything but speed? Thats all you gilmer people talk about. Hell I can run fast to the fridge for a cold one.:D

Nope that's it, speed kills!!! That's all they need!!!

Go # 5

AverageJoe
12-11-2012, 09:25 AM
I am fired up to watch this game this weekend. I keep getting the same feeling of going to watch Graham play Carthage and how a group of small unathletic country boys can't hang with the US Olympic track team East Texas Gilmer. I'm going against my better judgement just cause I liked watching Graham play this year and say Graham 34 (miss an extra point) Gilmer 28. Go Steers

waterboy
12-11-2012, 09:32 AM

Heck, we're not really that fast. We don't execute very well. We don't play defense. Crap, we just learned what a football was this past summer..........but, you know what, I think we'll show up for this game anyway.:D I just hope we can hang with them West Texas boys....

lostaussie
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
I am fired up to watch this game this weekend. I keep getting the same feeling of going to watch Graham play Carthage and how a group of small unathletic country boys can't hang with the US Olympic track team East Texas Gilmer. I'm going against my better judgement just cause I liked watching Graham play this year and say Graham 34 (miss an extra point) Gilmer 28. Go Steersthat was actually a funny post:D to compare us to the U.S. olympic team is ludacris..........we are much faster than that:D

Rattler
12-11-2012, 10:01 AM
We are about to show you that speed does not matter when you can only run backwards or fall to the ground to avoid the big hits. We have faced team all year long that had some speed here and there. Only one guy can run with the ball at a time and he will be hit and hit. By the time the second half starts expect that speed to have faded away with your hopes of playing at Jerry world!

hollywood
12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Graham... you haven't faced speed like you're about to witness.

Gatesville's speed is nothing compared to Kilgore's speed. And Gilmer held Kilgore in check an entire game and only allowed them 17 pts.

hollywood
12-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Graham 41 Gilmer 28

If Graham allowed 35 against Gatesville... Get your stadium seats tight for Gilmer.

lostaussie
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Gatesville's speed is nothing compared to Kilgore's speed. And Gilmer held Kilgore in check an entire game and only allowed them 17 pts.It was 14.........but whose counting:D

Deuce
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM

Gatesville's speed is nothing compared to Kilgore's speed. And Gilmer held Kilgore in check an entire game and only allowed them 17 pts.
Have to agree that we have not faced speed like we will see this week, but this is not a track meet. There is alot more to football than just speed.

Slick50
12-11-2012, 10:22 AM
If Graham allowed 35 against Gatesville... Get your stadium seats tight for Gilmer.

You just worry about Stephenville, like another poster said, we dont need your help now! Keep routing against us.

hollywood
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
It was 14.........but whose counting:D

;) I stand corrected. Thought I remembered the score being Gilmer 20 Kilgore 17.

hollywood
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Have to agree that we have not faced speed like we will see this week, but this is not a track meet. There is alot more to football than just speed.

I agree 100%. Graham is good at playing football.

hollywood
12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
You just worry about Stephenville, like another poster said, we dont need your help now! Keep routing against us.

Who said I was routing against Graham? I'm pulling for Graham. Just wanted to set the record straight with a few that say that Graham has played against plenty of teams that had speed. No they have not! Compared to Gilmer anyway. If what I hear is truth, that Gilmer has more team speed than Kilgore :eek:, you will see a football team with more team speed than Graham has seen in I don't know when, maybe ever. Take it for what it's worth, just being real.

Now, does speed win games? Hell no. It takes execution. Like I always tell my soccer teams, the ball can travel much faster than a player can.

GTownballer
12-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Both teams have great offenses and both D's have shown that can get the job done when needed. I think this will be one of the best games of the weekend for sure Grahams D had a bad first half against gatesville part was due to the hornets high powered O but alot was some very poor tackling on our part, they made some adjustments and came out and only allowed 3 first downs in the second half I think there out to prove they can play at that level for the entire game against a great team, and yes Gilmer will have the most speed we have played but like I have said before I can promise you that this steer team will not be the slowest team yall have played this year.

I have watched the videos, of the Steers, good football team, and I employ the Steer faithfull to do the same on Gilmer, if your still here at this time, means that you have the complete package to some degree, if you would have asked me, week 2 after the Prestonwood loss, if we'd be in the position we are, right now, i would of said, I doubt it, but all things are possible, especially with the excepitonal young talent we have! In that game, which was our second game, and alot of second game expierances at the varsity level, for alot of our kids, you could tell, we were only a few steps away, on each play, to a very good football team, that was absolutely loaded with D1 talent on both sides of the ball..(Prestonwood).

We are accustomed to our offenses running like a swiss watch, and doing it up tempo, as good as anyone I've everseen, and im not no young pup, this particular Buckeye team, is on par with our senior laiden 2009 team, but faster across the board, with alot better runninggame, and most of the playmakers are sophmore's and jr's..... We've been this far many times, in the last dozen years, so we are not new at this, and I really like our chances! Our preason, and district play, has us battle hardened, and we have one of the best Coaching Staffs in the State, for this level of play! We hope for a competitive game, again Graham is a good program, we have seen alot like your program, Bullard, Canton, Argyle, but, i really don't think you have seen, the level of talent your about to see! My suggestion is to watch, the Henderson & Gilmer game from last week, on youtube, Henderson, is a very fast football team also, an really take note of Devondrick Dixon's 64 yard scamper, and how much field is between him, and the fast defenders once he reaches the endzone! All the respect in the world to your football team and it's fans, we expect you to give it your best shot, everybody that plays Gilmer does!

Steer81
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
bahaha...........we ain't them:thumbsup:

I know you guys are the greatest team to run with the football ever

#1 TEXAN
12-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Speed does nothing if you cant get in the open field and use it, I would be willing to bet the steers RB is just as fast or faster then anyone on the gilmer team. Just because you have speed does not mean you will win the game yes you might break a long play and score but you will not do it very often against the steers. I will take preparation and execution over speed any day.

waterboy
12-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Speed does nothing if you cant get in the open field and use it, I would be willing to bet the steers RB is just as fast or faster then anyone on the gilmer team. Just because you have speed does not mean you will win the game yes you might break a long play and score but you will not do it very often against the steers. I will take preparation and execution over speed any day.

Well, then, you have us beat. We don't prepare for our opponent, nor do we execute very well. We may as well just not show up.:D Oh, well,........I am wrong for saying that..........we WILL show up anyway! I just hope we can hang with your Steers......

Steer81
12-11-2012, 11:06 AM
Well, then, you have us beat. We don't prepare for our opponent, nor do we execute very well. We may as well just not show up.:D Oh, well,........I am wrong for saying that..........we WILL show up anyway! I just hope we can hang with your Steers......

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony

#1 TEXAN
12-11-2012, 11:10 AM

Everyone just gets tired of hearing about ''East texas speed", everyone knows yall have some fast players but your team does have weaknesses as does ours the point were just trying to make is just because you have speed doesnt mean you should win the game againt another good team.

#1 TEXAN
12-11-2012, 11:15 AM
This game will come down to who makes the least mistakes and prepares the best this week, not speed if we were meeting at a track meet I might give gilmer the slight advantage in a couple events but this is december high school football, where you have to show up and play your best against every opponet.

Steer81
12-11-2012, 11:19 AM
I can remember that Ft. Worth South Hills had one of the Fastest Teams ever and once they started getting HIT they Slowed down alot. In fact the Running back took off his pads at halftime and did not come back. Speed is good but when it gets popped a few times its not that fast.

Aggie98
12-11-2012, 11:21 AM

Gilmer's offense is designed to take full advantage of their speed. They will run a lot of low-risk plays (hitches, screens, jet sweeps, etc...) that will get the ball to their playmakers on the perimeter where there will be a lot of 3-on-3 matchups against your DB's. If your DB's can make the open-field tackles they can slow Gilmer down. If they miss a tackle, it's probably going to the house. If you start moving LB's and safeties out on the perimeter to help out, they will hit you with a skinny post or run the QB up the middle on the zone read. They are very good at what they do.

Inmateboss
12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Everyone that follows high school football has heard of Gilmer !!! We know their fast, we know that's the east Texas claim to fame for every team from there! We know we will have a battle on our hands!! Do we respect Gilmers winning tradition? absolutely! Is Gilmer better than us? No! Are we scared of Gilmer? No! Can Gilmer be beat? Yep! Has it happened this year, with this team? Yes sir it has!! 13-1 & 13-1 sounds pretty close to me!! Should Graham beat Gilmer, would Graham get any respect? Nope!!! Would it matter? Nope! But we're going to show up and see what happens!!!

Go # 5

hollywood
12-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Everyone that follows high school football has heard of Gilmer !!! We know their fast, we know that's the east Texas claim to fame for every team from there! We know we will have a battle on our hands!! Do we respect Gilmers winning tradition? absolutely! Is Gilmer better than us? No! Are we scared of Gilmer? No! Can Gilmer be beat? Yep! Has it happened this year, with this team? Yes sir it has!! 13-1 & 13-1 sounds pretty close to me!! Should Graham beat Gilmer, would Graham get any respect? Nope!!! Would it matter? Nope! But we're going to show up and see what happens!!!

Go # 5

Boom! Good post. Just like that, Inmateboss throws down a bomb that sums it all up.

waterboy
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Everyone just gets tired of hearing about ''East texas speed", everyone knows yall have some fast players but your team does have weaknesses as does ours the point were just trying to make is just because you have speed doesnt mean you should win the game againt another good team.

Believe me, we KNOW that speed doesn't win ball games unless you utilize it with precise execution. I'm just jabbing at y'all. We're a pretty doggone good football team in all facets of the game, so we will prepare for battle like there's no tomorrow. Quite frankly, if we don't execute effectively in all facets of the game, there will be no next week. I'm pretty sure our players and coaches are well aware of this. Don't you?

Ragin Red
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM

Go # 5
Absolutely:iagree:

waterboy
12-11-2012, 11:33 AM

Go # 5

Believe me when I tell you this.......we DO RESPECT Graham, and will prepare accordingly. If y'all were to win, our players will meet y'all at midfield, shake your hands, and wish you luck in the state championship game. It is my opinion, though, that we will win. I believe in our Buckeyes just as much as y'all do your Steers.

buckeyebob
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
IMO, for anyone to really believe that this will be a blowout win for either team, you will probably be wrong. Both teams are here because they are very good and bring alot of things to the table. Once again, this Graham bunch will not be overly impressive when they get off the bus, but you better buckle up tight when you get on the field because they swarm the ball and will bring the heat!! Graham by 1!

We are just lucky...we should change our colors to green white & put a shamrock on out helment...GO SHAMROCKS...has kinda a ring to it don't ya think?

buckeyebob
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM

14 pts.....but who is counting?

buckeyebob
12-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I have watched the videos, of the Steers, good football team, and I employ the Steer faithfull to do the same on Gilmer, if your still here at this time, means that you have the complete package to some degree, if you would have asked me, week 2 after the Prestonwood loss, if we'd be in the position we are, right now, i would of said, I doubt it, but all things are possible, especially with the excepitonal young talent we have! In that game, which was our second game, and alot of second game expierances at the varsity level, for alot of our kids, you could tell, we were only a few steps away, on each play, to a very good football team, that was absolutely loaded with D1 talent on both sides of the ball..(Prestonwood).

We are accustomed to our offenses running like a swiss watch, and doing it up tempo, as good as anyone I've everseen, and im not no young pup, this particular Buckeye team, is on par with our senior laiden 2009 team, but faster across the board, with alot better runninggame, and most of the playmakers are sophmore's and jr's..... We've been this far many times, in the last dozen years, so we are not new at this, and I really like our chances! Our preason, and district play, has us battle hardened, and we have one of the best Coaching Staffs in the State, for this level of play! We hope for a competitive game, again Graham is a good program, we have seen alot like your program, Bullard, Canton, Argyle, but, i really don't think you have seen, the level of talent your about to see! My suggestion is to watch, the Henderson & Gilmer game from last week, on youtube, Henderson, is a very fast football team also, an really take note of Devondrick Dixon's 64 yard scamper, and how much field is between him, and the fast defenders once he reaches the endzone! All the respect in the world to your football team and it's fans, we expect you to give it your best shot, everybody that plays Gilmer does!

Great 1st post...I do so agree...welcome aboard...always good to have the faithful covering your back.

Inmateboss
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Believe me when I tell you this.......we DO RESPECT Graham, and will prepare accordingly. If y'all were to win, our players will meet y'all at midfield, shake your hands, and wish you luck in the state championship game. It is my opinion, though, that we will win. I believe in our Buckeyes just as much as y'all do your Steers.

I guarantee you one thing for sure!!! Win or lose our team will be there to shake hands and support the team we just played!! If its with a trophy in our hands or a heavy heart, we will honor the high school football tradition of respecting the players and coaching staff of the other team!!
I'm proud that we get to play Gilmer! They are the big time bragging rights if you win, and no shame if you lose team! It's all good from here on out, be very proud of y'alls team! We're very proud of ours because, " We Are Graham"!!
Come on Friday!!!!

Go # 5

buckeyebob
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
I know you guys are the greatest team to run with the football ever

Nada...just a young bunch of Eats Texans that enjoy Friday Night Lights...very blessed, humble, and will hit you so hard when you cry, tears will roll down your back...look forward to Friday.

buckeyebob
12-11-2012, 12:09 PM

Hey guys...maybe we ought to try some of that preparation & execution stuff...sounds like fun...I bring it up to Traylor @ the Booster Clib tomorrow...he is always looking for some sort of Mojo.

buckeyebob
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony

What the hell did you say???? Yuo need to break it down a little so us Goobers can understand.

Inmateboss
12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
We are just lucky...we should change our colors to green white & put a shamrock on out helment...GO SHAMROCKS...has kinda a ring to it don't ya think?

The team from Shamrock Texas, thinks so!!!

Go # 5

buckeyebob
12-11-2012, 12:17 PM
I can remember that Ft. Worth South Hills had one of the Fastest Teams ever and once they started getting HIT they Slowed down alot. In fact the Running back took off his pads at halftime and did not come back. Speed is good but when it gets popped a few times its not that fast.
Oh No!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared003.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) We are in deep caca... no body said anytime about hitting...sounds like a bunch of rowdy brutes.

Deuce
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
I guess you can call yourselves whatever u want to. People have called our boys lucky all year, but I think we will stick with GRAHAM STEERS!

Themishman
12-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Your funny haha.... Whatever.... Wait and see when our LBs destroy your team. Fast slow they don't care they love to hit. Good bye Gilmer

hollywood
12-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Graham, Gilmer can hit and likes it too. You should try to find the Gilmer/Kilgore game footage. ;) Not only speed all over the field, but big hits too.

Deuce
12-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Graham, Gilmer can hit and likes it too. You should try to find the Gilmer/Kilgore game footage. ;) Not only speed all over the field, but big hits too.
Good, we like smash mouth football!

Hornet
12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Best of luck to the Graham Steers this Friday!

hollywood
12-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Good, we like smash mouth football!

Yes me too! And Gilmer is smashmouth football on speed. ;)

The atmosphere is going to be electric. Good luck to both teams! Both are great programs and very deserving!!!

Inmateboss
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Best of luck to the Graham Steers this Friday!

Good luck to y'all too!!! Great group of young men on both sides!! I think the fans will get their Money's worth!!!

Go # 5

Grahamcheerdad
12-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Should be a good game Graham by 1 EXTRA POINT

AverageJoe
12-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I know it's beating a dead horse here on speed but Ive seen schools like Highland Park Lake Travis and Southlake who's speed as far as team/player speed goes usually isn't that great; blow out teams that Gilmer's speed couldn't hold a jock strap too.

GTownballer
12-11-2012, 04:51 PM

Preparation and execution, with the speed is what everyone is trying to tell you! Gilmer's offense runs like a swiss watch, count on it!!!!! I respect hollywood's eye, he was nearly dead on, with Stephenville's play, plus we wer'nt far off ours on Kilgore, i didnt really expect Kilgore to turn, the ball over either! take away the 2 turnovers, and its' kilgore's ballgame! Kilgore is a young team also, and always loaded with talent, and made a good deep run in 4A last year! We expect a good ballgame, no one's spouting bs, Gilmer is a fast football team, you'll get to see first hand! No one's blowing smoke, or trying to scare anyone, the District of doom 4x100 relay is on youtube you can watch it, all except one, is still on the team, as soph's Again we expect Graham to show up and line up and give us a game! Seriously we respect Graham and its fans, we are proud of our program, as you are yours, if it hurts your feelings or you take it as chest beating, everytime we tell you what to expect so be it, we are telling you what you are about to see, that's it! Good luck Friday night! Let's just pray for no injuries!

pirate4state
12-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I know it's beating a dead horse here on speed but Ive seen schools like Highland Park Lake Travis and Southlake who's speed as far as team/player speed goes usually isn't that great; blow out teams that Gilmer's speed couldn't hold a jock strap too.

hahaha except that Gilmer is NOT an inner city school that lacks discipline!

lostaussie
12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
hahaha except that Gilmer is NOT an inner city school that lacks discipline!
Preach it sister!!

44INAROW
12-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Preach it sister!!

Mr. Aussie - you gonna be posting updates for us unfortunate folks unable to go to the game?

lostaussie
12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Mr. Aussie - you gonna be posting updates for us unfortunate folks unable to go to the game?it will be easier for me to just add you to my text list. I don't like to get on here while game going on............i might miss us scoring another TD:D

lostaussie
12-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Mr. Aussie - you gonna be posting updates for us unfortunate folks unable to go to the game?You gonna try to make it up next weekend...........it might be a party.

Rattler
12-11-2012, 05:26 PM
I agree, Gilmer has speed and our young men will respect that speed, The way you deal with it is to contain it, and beat it down, and play 100% fundamental football. The Graham kids know this and accept this challenge. See you Friday for the Battle of East vs West.