PDA

View Full Version : Div. 1 State Championship: Stephenville vs El Campo

Pages : [1] 2 3

lbjacj
12-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Who wins?

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2012, 11:41 PM
jumped on the bandwagon after they beat La Grange, well did root against them in the Ingleside game but EC has a good chance in this game if they can stop the big plays of Stephenville. El Campo wins.

toddg
12-07-2012, 11:46 PM
should be a great championship game..Stephenville will be hard to beat.

garciap77
12-07-2012, 11:47 PM
The Ville will take this one.

SintonFan
12-07-2012, 11:51 PM
jumped on the bandwagon after they beat La Grange, well did root against them in the Ingleside game but EC has a good chance in this game if they can stop the big plays of Stephenville. El Campo wins.

Ricebirds are for real!!!!
But don't forget.... THEY HAVE NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

GO EL CAMPO! BRING THAT STATE TITLE BACK TO REGION FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

99IHSMustang
12-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Ricebirds are for real!!!!
But don't forget.... THEY HAVE NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

GO EL CAMPO! BRING THAT STATE TITLE BACK TO REGION FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

:2thumbsup

SintonFan
12-07-2012, 11:57 PM
:2thumbsup

Seriously...

El Campo has NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!! ;)

99IHSMustang
12-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Seriously...

El Campo has NO CHANCE!!!!!!!!! ;)

I see what you are doing. Reverse psychology. I like it. :)

SintonFan
12-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Not really...
I like just talking about reality. :)

SintonFan
12-08-2012, 12:03 AM
First song on the channel that broadcasted the game is "Drop kick me Jesus through the goal post of life".

lol Love it!!!!!!! :):)

garciap77
12-08-2012, 12:29 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/bugs/bumblebee-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/bumblebee-emoticon-3698.html)

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/bugs/bumblebee-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/bumblebee-emoticon-3698.html)

Big DAWGS??!

Weebe
12-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Region IV can't compete...

garciap77
12-08-2012, 12:43 AM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee458/sco553/yellowjacket.jpg

Ranger Mom
12-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Gotta stay true to my Region.......Stephenville!!

99IHSMustang
12-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Go Big RED!!

One last chance for the non belivers to pick against us again. Carthage what happened? EL CAMPO?

NOW THATS FUNNY

The beast from the LEAST

SintonFan
12-08-2012, 01:29 AM
One last chance for the non belivers to pick against us again. Carthage what happened? EL CAMPO?

NOW THATS FUNNY

The beast from the LEAST

NO chance...

at all...

for EC! :(

InglesideAlum22
12-08-2012, 01:35 AM
I got a chance to watch the ville a couple weeks back, and they are pretty salty. With that being said got to pull for my roots! Region 4 is going to make it happen!

Sville
12-08-2012, 01:38 AM
It is going to be a great championship game! Oh and not to bad for a couple of 4A drop downs. ;)

Ville-D
12-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Ok...

Stephenville will win 41 - 21

defense51
12-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Gotta go with the Jackets one more time!

SintonFan
12-08-2012, 02:42 AM
Ok...

Stephenville will win 41 - 21

Like YOU SAID...

no chance.... :(

hollywood
12-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Haven't had a chance yet so first things first, Congrats to El Campo for the win tonight!! Thanks for making this a NON-East Texas final in Div 1 3A!

If Graham can take care of Gilmer next week, we'll have a NON-East Texas State Championship series in 3A for the first time in a while! ;)

Stephenville got tested tonight by a solid Kilgore team. And don't think that they ran the ball all night. Kilgore can throw the ball. Good QB. Reminded me a little of Carthage's QB from 2010. Not sure how El Campos team speed is but I couldn't imagine them being faster than Kilgore. I think if Stephenville would have kept the peddle to the floor, they would have kept pulling away in the second half. It appeared they went conservative play calling to take time off of clock and it came back to bite them in the rear!

I think Stephenville will learn from this game and overpower El Campo being a heavy run team. Kilgore was more balanced than I thought they would be.

Stephenville 48
El Campo 28

Late night pick... Could change later in the week after further review. ;)

Saggy Aggie
12-08-2012, 03:20 AM
I don't want Stephenville to win, so I'll go with the upset.

EC 25
Ville 24

Weebe
12-08-2012, 05:29 AM
Carthage can't be beat by a one dimensional offense. I assume Stephenville is the same.

gameface
12-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Ricebirds all the way! Go EC!!!

YTBulldogs
12-08-2012, 08:36 AM
I'll take the Ricebirds, 28-27.

Chupacabra
12-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Everybody knows Dolichonyx oryzivorus can't beat Vespula maculifrons!!!!
WIN 5

cowboyandchrist
12-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Carthage can't be beat by a one dimensional offense. I assume Stephenville is the same.

10 over thrown passes to wide open receivers won't happen next week, better do something about the pass defense. Congrats on the win, you earned it. Hope the Dawgs see you again next year.

Old Tiger
12-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Stephenville...they aren't the best team in the state though.

theville
12-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Lol. Not bad for a couple 4A's that both went to the Qtrs last year.

Old Tiger
12-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Lol. Not bad for a couple 4A's that both went to the Qtrs last year.

What does Stephenville return next year? I never rooted against yall I will make a joke about losing to the Mexican team.

theville
12-08-2012, 09:21 AM
What does Stephenville return next year? I never rooted against yall I will make a joke about losing to the Mexican team.

That darn Mexican team...

Old Tiger
12-08-2012, 09:29 AM
That darn Mexican team...

Was it football or futball?

LionFan72
12-08-2012, 10:23 AM
The Jackets by as many as they need.

MustangFootball
12-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I got a chance to watch the ville a couple weeks back, and they are pretty salty. With that being said got to pull for my roots! Region 4 is going to make it happen!
Welcome to the board InglesideAlum22... Nice to have you aboard.:1popcorn:

MustangFootball
12-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Ricebirds win in a close one.

hollywood
12-08-2012, 11:15 AM

I agree.

In 3A, yes.

hollywood
12-08-2012, 11:17 AM
So now it transitions from West vs East to North vs South.

All of the South will be pulling for El Campo and the non-hater North pulling for Stephenville. ;)

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!

Smitty
12-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Thank goodness we don't have to listen to all that East Texas Football crap for this game.

Aggie98
12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't know exactly how this game will play out, but I do know that Stephenville's offense has the ability to score a TD just about anytime they want to. It doesn't really matter how you try to defend them.

toddg
12-08-2012, 01:15 PM
El Campo....you are going to have to score every time you have the ball.

Stephenville...betta do something about your run defense..pronto.

MajorApplehorn
12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Graham will NOT "take care" of Gilmer. It will not be close. Gilmer wins by 30+.

This game will not be close either...Stephenville by as many as they want.

hollywood
12-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I need to see passing stats on El Campo.

Here's something that surprised me and call me naieve. Kilgore could throw the ball. They are not a true running team. They remind me of Alvarado toddg , but with a LOT more speed. What I've read about El Campo is they rarely throw the ball. Just pound the rock. If this is true, I see them having a hard time just lining up and running on Stephenville. Stephenville was forced to play the run soft do to their speed to the corners and ability throw the ball. I don't see El Campo having that kind of success.

cowboyandchrist
12-08-2012, 03:09 PM

Here's something that surprised me and call me naieve. Kilgore could throw the ball. They are not a true running team. They remind me of Alvarado toddg , but with a LOT more speed. What I've read about El Campo is they rarely throw the ball. Just pound the rock. If this is true, I see them having a hard time just lining up and running on Stephenville. Stephenville was forced to play the run soft do to their speed to the corners and ability throw the ball. I don't see El Campo having that kind of success.

You are right, they can not throw the ball, they tried very few passes and one was picked off. They can run the ball very well. If the Ville throws the ball as good as I have heard, they will hang 50 on the Rice Birds. They did not deffend the pass very well at all against Carthage. Bogie over threw wide open receivers all night. The Rice Birds can stop the run. Carthage could not run the ball very well against them at all and they made us throw, if we hit 2 of the over throws we win the game.

you are right, they can not throw the ball, they tried very few passes and one was picked off. They can run the ball very well. If the ville throws the ball as good as i have heard, they will hang 50 on the rice birds. They did not deffend the pass very well at all against carthage. Bogie over threw wide open receivers all night. The rice birds can stop the run. Carthage could not run the ball very well against them at all and they made us throw, if we hit 2 of the over throws we win the game.

we are going to do the same thing we have all during the playoffs. win

Grahamcheerdad
12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
The Viile by 21

Grahamcheerdad
12-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Graham will NOT "take care" of Gilmer. It will not be close. Gilmer wins by 30+.

This game will not be close either...Stephenville by as many as they want.

Put the crack pipe down and back away

catfish
12-08-2012, 03:27 PM
EC wins with its secret weapon,BOB GILLIS,one of the great coaches!!

toddg
12-08-2012, 03:50 PM

i noticed that El Campo has 3 1000yd rushing RBs, and QB runs pretty good too..they have a huge TE that has good hands and speed for his size..they run some power I... like Alvarado, which means they will pass some on isolation routes, very big upfront..i have read that the RBs have speed, which means pitch plays, tunnel sweeps and traps all along the line...should be interesting....i would guess they are comparable to Kilgore...Bellville and La Grange fans should be able to fill in the blanks on this team as both lost to them by a couple of tds..looks like Wharton played them closest until carthage...looks like a proud program that wont go down easy to me..nothing new for Stephenville facing a team playing their best football, which is why i think the Jackets win this game..iv seen many questions and very few answers on how to stop/slow down the Jacket offense..and its not a trick question..it is real.

slingshot
12-08-2012, 04:27 PM
S'ville doesn't put it in neutral at half this week... 52-28 Jackets.

Tin Cup
12-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Stephenville wins. It's not about EC not bring good, it's about Stephenville being great.

42-31

Buff42
12-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Go Preston Brown!

Radar
12-08-2012, 05:28 PM
El Campo by 14

83Indian
12-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Ville by 21. Ville offense is just too explosive. Run the hurry up all game and this one could get ugly. El Campo will need to score a lot to keep up. Great running team and always has a chance to win. Sounds a lot like Alvarado last year. El Campo steps it up and holds Ville to 28 and they have a shot. I just don't see it happening. Tyler Jones is the best QB and player in 3A this year IMO. The kid from Navasota is not far behind.

hollywood
12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Tyler Jones is a stud! And there are several that are gamers as well. Not enough can be said to the O-line who has been solid all season to allow the play makers to do their job... And that's to make plays. Stephenville is very physical and explosive. We got to witness this last night against a very physical and fast Kilgore team. Looking forward to this already! El Campo is good at what they do and that is pound the football. Stephenville will likely score on every possession if they aren't as fast or good of a defense as Kilgore.

Tin Cup
12-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Tyler Jones is a stud! And there are several that are gamers as well. Not enough can be said to the O-line who has been solid all season to allow the play makers to do their job... And that's to make plays. Stephenville is very physical and explosive. We got to witness this last night against a very physical and fast Kilgore team. Looking forward to this already! El Campo is good at what they do and that is pound the football. Stephenville will likely score on every possession if they aren't as fast or good of a defense as Kilgore.

It's gunna look like Carthage/Coldspring 2010.

Stephenville vs air. EC secondary is about to get blown up

JacketBacker
12-08-2012, 11:28 PM
El Campo Ricebirds:

QB Bryce Brandl 45 - 90 - 4 - 752 (C - A - I - Y), 752 per the Victoria Advocate /764 per the Houston Chronicle
1346 yards rushing, 15 catches for 217 yards

against teams that made the playoffs (7 teams): 23 - 44 - 3 - 289, 952 yards rushing

#2 Jack Davis 1328 yards rushing

against teams that made the playoffs: 640 yards rushing, 10 catches for 132 yards

#30 Montray Johnson 1089 yards rushing per the Victoria Advocate, 1189 per the Houston Chronicle

against teams that made the playoffs: 537 yards

JacketBacker
12-08-2012, 11:31 PM
El Campo Ricebirds:

QB Bryce Brandl 45 - 90 - 4 - 752 (C - A - I - Y), 752 per the Victoria Advocate /764 per the Houston Chronicle
1346 yards rushing

against teams that made the playoffs (7 teams): 23 - 44 - 3 - 289, 952 yards rushing

#2 Jack Davis 1328 yards rushing, 15 catches for 217 yards

against teams that made the playoffs: 640 yards rushing, 10 catches for 132 yards

#30 Montray Johnson 1089 yards rushing per the Victoria Advocate, 1189 per the Houston Chronicle

against teams that made the playoffs: 537 yards[/QUOTE]

Stephenville will be ready.

toddg
12-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Since the jackets should be the home team, they should wear their yellow jerseys.

Ville-D
12-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Since the jackets should be the home team, they should wear their yellow jerseys.

To match their yellow hair.

Smitty
12-09-2012, 09:06 AM

I like those yellow jerseys, they look sharp. I don't think they have worn them this year since the Aledo game.

Smitty
12-09-2012, 09:06 AM

I like those yellow jerseys, they look sharp. I don't think they have worn them this year since the Aledo game.

Smitty
12-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Oh man......the dreaded double post!

Weebe
12-09-2012, 10:47 AM

El Campo will run the ball and score points. No one has slowed down their running game all year.

The game will be determined by El Campo's secondary and/or Stephenville's QB's accuracy. If El Campo plays pass defense like they have in the past, and Jones can hit open receivers, it will be tough for El Campo to score enough points to keep up.

scrub c
12-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Good Luck EC

44INAROW
12-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Good luck to the Ricebirds. I used to watch Bryce shoot hoops in the driveway (we lived in the same subdivision in Cuero) and little did I know he'd be playing QB in a state championship game...figured it would be baseball. (Who knows what the spring will bring). Also, good luck to my good friend Coach Woods. Hope you add another SC ring to your collection!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Weebe
12-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Good luck to the Ricebirds. I used to watch Bryce shoot hoops in the driveway (we lived in the same subdivision in Cuero) and little did I know he'd be playing QB in a state championship game...figured it would be baseball. (Who knows what the spring will bring). Also, good luck to my good friend Coach Woods. Hope you add another SC ring to your collection!!!!!!!!!

Bryce is a great kid(saying that actually doesn't do him justice). He deserves all of the praise he is receiving and then some.

Interesting that the two QB's in this game are both going to Texas State on scholarship. Jones for football and Brandl for baseball.

hollywood
12-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Bryce is a great kid(saying that actually doesn't do him justice). He deserves all of the praise he is receiving and then some.

Interesting that the two QB's in this game are both going to Texas State on scholarship. Jones for football and Brandl for baseball.

Pretty dang cool info on the 2 QB's. I'd be interested to see if Jone's gets other offers after the season.

hollywood
12-09-2012, 12:22 PM
El Campo will run the ball and score points. No one has slowed down their running game all year.

The game will be determined by El Campo's secondary and/or Stephenville's QB's accuracy. If El Campo plays pass defense like they have in the past, and Jones can hit open receivers, it will be tough for El Campo to score enough points to keep up.

Jones is a very accurate QB. Stephenville's offense is explosive and high tempo. El Campo will have a huge challenge to try to contain all areas of Stephenville's offense. They are able to score with in 2-7 plays on every possession. As for Stephenville, if they can't contain El Campo's power run game enough to make just 1-2 stops, then Stephenville will have to score each offensive series due to time of possession.

I will say that Stephenville has been successesful against teams that are one dimensional run oriented. Kilgore was not a one dimensional team. But could run the football very well!

Stepehnville has the personel and will make the needed adjustments to slow El Campo's run game. Both O-line and D-lines are very good.

Early pick is Stephenville by 21.

Stephenville 42
El Campo 21

Emerson1
12-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Stephenville has the state championship shirts printed and ready to sale. They will be available after the game out in the south parking lot. They might also be taking pre-orders.

cowboyandchrist
12-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Jones is a very accurate QB. Stephenville's offense is explosive and high tempo. El Campo will have a huge challenge to try to contain all areas of Stephenville's offense. They are able to score with in 2-7 plays on every possession. As for Stephenville, if they can't contain El Campo's power run game enough to make just 1-2 stops, then Stephenville will have to score each offensive series due to time of possession.

I will say that Stephenville has been successesful against teams that are one dimensional run oriented. Kilgore was not a one dimensional team. But could run the football very well!

Stepehnville has the personel and will make the needed adjustments to slow El Campo's run game. Both O-line and D-lines are very good.

Early pick is Stephenville by 21.

Stephenville 42
El Campo 21

The Rice Birds have no pass D at all, they can stop the run, but will not stop the Ville from running once they open up the passing game. This game will get out of hand quick. The Rice birds can run the ball and will go on long scoring drives, but the Ville will strike quick and the Rice Birds will not be able to keep up. 52 to 14 The Ville.

Weebe
12-09-2012, 01:40 PM
The Rice Birds have no pass D at all, they can stop the run, but will not stop the Ville from running once they open up the passing game. This game will get out of hand quick. The Rice birds can run the ball and will go on long scoring drives, but the Ville will strike quick and the Rice Birds will not be able to keep up. 52 to 14 The Ville.

I see that you are still butthurt two days later.

Does your trailer park have a rec room where you can listen to the game on the radio?

cowboyandchrist
12-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I see that you are still butthurt two days later.

Does your trailer park have a rec room where you can listen to the game on the radio?

All I want for Christmas is the Rice Bird fans like yourself to have to say congats to the Ville on being the state champs, your players and coaches are a good group, to bad the Rice Birds fans like yourself that come on here are not. I own a ranch, but if I did live in a trailer park does that make you feel good to down grade the people that do. Good luck to your players and coaches, but the Ville win this game going away.

Hendo
12-09-2012, 02:35 PM
All I want for Christmas is the Rice Bird fans like yourself to have to say congats to the Ville on being the state champs, your players and coaches are a good group, to bad the Rice Birds fans like yourself that come on here are not. I own a ranch, but if I did live in a trailer park does that make you feel good to down grade the people that do. Good luck to your players and coaches, but the Ville win this game going away.
Be careful cowboy! Weebe sounds like a real tough guy behind that monitor.

TXfootballboi!
12-09-2012, 02:39 PM
The ville in this one! And no offense but i think navasota is the best team in 3a

Spanish Camp
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM

Cowboy (that's likely a stretch)-

The only reason people are being rough on you now is because you have been nothing but an ass all playoffs. Even people from Carthage have posted that they are embarrassed for you and by you. That should make you feel pretty stupid, but evidently you are too dense to even get the drift.

The Ricebirds will have a challenge this week. It will be a much bigger challenge than the challenge that Carthage faces...putting up equipment is not that difficult.

And Ricebird is one word. I am tired of seeing you screw it up.

lostaussie
12-09-2012, 06:02 PM
I need Ricebirds to win. I picked them for the D1 champion in contest. Yes.........an ETexas homey believes in R4:D

toddg
12-09-2012, 06:31 PM
I need Ricebirds to win. I picked them for the D1 champion in contest. Yes.........an ETexas homey believes in R4:D

you truly are "lost aussie"!:D

SHSBulldog00
12-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Go Big Red!!!!!

http://youtu.be/gPJVCkH9Ny0

SHSBulldog00
12-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Stephenville

http://youtu.be/QzntZLHcYy0

lostaussie
12-09-2012, 07:01 PM
you truly are "lost aussie"!:Dknown that for a long time! Just picked EC because I knew everyone and their brother was going to pick the Jackets:D u never know!

hookandladder
12-09-2012, 07:38 PM
El Campo gonna surprise some people this game but not me, EC running game proved to much for Carthage and will do the same this week. The 4A State Champion will come from Region 4 just like last year , O I meant 3A. Ha Ha.

hollywood
12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
They will have a shot... But it will be a huge uphill battle. ;)

Inmateboss
12-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Any team can be beat, the hard part is doing it!!! The ville will be the hard part!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

1971Coogs
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Haven't seen the Lonchura fringilloides play this year. They normally have a good team, but never could make it past the first or second round in 4A when matched up against La Marque. It appears 3A suits them much better though. They got a break by playing in division I in my opinion, but "the Milk Capital of Texas" will prevail. Just a gut feeling. Those fans up there are veeeeery experienced when it comes time for the "Show". The current players for Da Ville probably were kids or babies sitting in the stands when their father, uncle, etc were winnings championships. It's in the blood...that is the intangible !!

speedbump
12-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Haven't seen the Lonchura fringilloides play this year. They normally have a good team, but never could make it past the first or second round in 4A when matched up against La Marque. It appears 3A suits them much better though. They got a break by playing in division I in my opinion, but "the Milk Capital of Texas" will prevail. Just a gut feeling. Those fans up there are veeeeery experienced when it comes time for the "Show". The current players for Da Ville probably were kids or babies sitting in the stands when their father, uncle, etc were winnings championships. It's in the blood...that is the intangible !!

Agelaius phoeniceus , actually.

1971Coogs
12-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Agelaius phoeniceus , actually.I stand corrected....:smoker:

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Cowboy (that's likely a stretch)-

The only reason people are being rough on you now is because you have been nothing but an ass all playoffs. Even people from Carthage have posted that they are embarrassed for you and by you. That should make you feel pretty stupid, but evidently you are too dense to even get the drift.

The Ricebirds will have a challenge this week. It will be a much bigger challenge than the challenge that Carthage faces...putting up equipment is not that difficult.

And Ricebird is one word. I am tired of seeing you screw it up.
Thank you for your kind words even when you lie, The Ville 52 the Ricebirds 14

jason
12-10-2012, 09:23 AM
obviously el campo has the advantage because stephenville hasn't seen speed or a running game like el campo has....
and el campo will be the best defense stephenville has seen all year - especially vs the pass...

obviously el campo has the advantage because stephenville hasn't seen speed or a running game like el campo has....
and el campo will be the best defense stephenville has seen all year - especially vs the pass...

Lets make it fun Mr. Football.
For every point the other team wins by is $20 per point. I figure we win by at least $400 worth points. Don't that sound fun. Probably more like 30 points and $600. Deal? Someone this season has to step up.

jason
12-10-2012, 10:06 AM
For every point the other team wins by is $20 per point. I figure we win by at least $400 worth points. Don't that sound fun. Probably more like 30 points and $600. Deal? Someone this season has to step up.

ha. i know there is one born every minute, so i'm sure you can find one to take those odds...

44INAROW
12-10-2012, 10:08 AM
dang, I hope El Campo wins................. Come on Ricebirds!

Ville-D
12-10-2012, 10:21 AM

You are right. I bet THIS is the week that Stephenville gets exposed... If not then there is always next week. :tisk:

Ville-D
12-10-2012, 10:24 AM

Wow, even challenging locals who are obviously making a joke. And we wonder why people don't like Stephenville fans.

Cam
12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
So now it transitions from West vs East to North vs South.

All of the South will be pulling for El Campo and the non-hater North pulling for Stephenville. ;)

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!

Gosh dangit Holly!...North vs South??.....Wouldn't that be more like the Civil War instead of the Alamo thingy?......Remember The Alamo is more like Prepa Tech vs The Ville I would think........now you've got me goin' back to the history books and gettin' me some more learnin's!.....stop confusin' me you son-beech!......:D:crazy1:

ccmom
12-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Good grief :rolleyes:

hollywood
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
El Campo by as much as they want...

To allow Stephenville.

:crazy1:

Sville
12-10-2012, 10:54 AM

SMH :dispntd:

Sville
12-10-2012, 11:11 AM
EC is dang good on offense. They have a very good OL and that rushing attack is as good or better than Kilgore's IMO. Defensively I don't think they will be able to stop us though. TJ will have a big night. This game could have a bunch of points scored in it.

rojosgirl
12-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Go El Campo! Make Region 4 proud!

:clap:

44INAROW
12-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Wow, even challenging locals who are obviously making a joke. And we wonder why people don't like Stephenville fans.

you hit the nail on the head..........

hollywood
12-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Yeah.. Some just don't get it. :dispntd::dispntd:

Inmateboss
12-10-2012, 11:48 AM

So EC won't need to watch any films or practice this week!!! Nice!!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Manso/V8
12-10-2012, 12:17 PM
You are right. I bet THIS is the week that Stephenville gets exposed... If not then there is always next week. :tisk:

Well, Stephenville did open the kimono a little bit against Kilgore.

vtskneb
12-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Its gotta to happen this week, we are running out of games for 2012. If it doesn't happen they can always point to Navasota and say they would have done what they were all expecting 3A to do to Stephenville. Oh well...

vtskneb
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM

:blahblah:

SHSBulldog00
12-10-2012, 12:52 PM

http://youtu.be/4legRnpHBmY

Bull's-eye
12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Good luck to El Campo from your D25 friends! :wave:

hollywood
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
El Campo is one tough bird!!

Weebe
12-10-2012, 04:30 PM
For the Stephenville folks, why isn't QB Jones getting more offers? His stats would seem to indicate that he is better than just a Texas State offer.

I watched the film and he has a bit of a long delivery, but has a good arm and runs really well. Size doesn't appear to be an issue. Very impressive IMO.

vtskneb
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
For the Stephenville folks, why isn't QB Jones getting more offers? His stats would seem to indicate that he is better than just a Texas State offer.

I watched the film and he has a bit of a long delivery, but has a good arm and runs really well. Size doesn't appear to be an issue. Very impressive IMO.

Good question. IMO he is better than either of the top 2 at Texas considering one was recruited to be a punter and the other got a legacy scholarship. I think his release has a lot to do with his recruitment. He seems to have an above average arm for making throws at the next level so I am not sure what factor that may have. His speed has definitely improved since last year. Texas State is not exactly the worst he could do but I think he is deserving an offer from a bigger school. Just my biased opinion.

varsity parent
12-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Will this game be broadcast via internet? If so anyone know the website? Can't go, so I GOTTA at least listen to this one! Damn Taylor friggin Ducks!! Jackets vs Rattlers would probably have drawn a crowd bigger than some of these 5A games will. But hey, this may turn out to be a good one too.

Roughneck93
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Will this game be broadcast via internet? If so anyone know the website? Can't go, so I GOTTA at least listen to this one! Damn Taylor friggin Ducks!! Jackets vs Rattlers would probably have drawn a crowd bigger than some of these 5A games will. But hey, this may turn out to be a good one too.

TW Cable/Webcast(FoxSportsSouthwest.com)
Time Warner Cable’s SportsChannel (formerly the Texas Channel) is available
to over 1 million digitalcable customers on Time Warner Cable systems in Austin
(Channel 888), Corpus Christi (Channel 888), Dallas (Channel 185), El Paso
(Channel 24), the Rio Grande Valley (Channel 888), Laredo (Channel
888), San Antonio (Channel 888), Waco-Temple-Killeen (Channel 888)
and Wichita Falls (Channel 888)

http://www.uiltexas.org/football/state/football-state-championships-broadcast-information

Scoop27
12-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Guess folks in El Campo not going to the game will have to listen to it over the radio or watch on Fox via the internet

#1 TEXAN
12-10-2012, 11:34 PM
I gotta go with my heart 49-17 jackets roll

Manso/V8
12-10-2012, 11:54 PM
:blahblah:

Blah, Blah? Kilgore didn't move the ball on the ground against the jackets?

Ville-D
12-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Blah, Blah? Kilgore didn't move the ball on the ground against the jackets?

A little. But not enough. We'll be able to load up this week. Different scheme. We'll be ok. I appreciate your concern.

Manso/V8
12-10-2012, 11:59 PM
I think his release has a lot to do with his recruitment.

His mechanics, limited upside, and possibly his personality. Just an observation from film and meeting him.

Ville-D
12-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Its gotta to happen this week, we are running out of games for 2012. If it doesn't happen they can always point to Navasota and say they would have done what they were all expecting 3A to do to Stephenville. Oh well...

:iagree::rolleyes::ditto::D

Ville-D
12-11-2012, 12:03 AM
His mechanics, limited upside, and possibly his personality. Just an observation from film and meeting him.

What D1 school was it that you played for?

Roughneck93
12-11-2012, 12:11 AM
From chron.com....

Article on EC's QB Bryce Brandl.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Brandl-gives-El-Campo-s-title-quest-2-good-legs-4106365.php

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 12:50 AM
What D1 school was it that you played for?

Tecna de Monterrey. and you?

SpursFan2012
12-11-2012, 01:15 AM
When is this game??

Weebe
12-11-2012, 01:46 AM
A little. But not enough. We'll be able to load up this week. Different scheme. We'll be ok. I appreciate your concern.

El Campo will score. Again, no one has really shut them down despite a one dimensional offense. Stephenville's defense does not appear to be their strongpoint.

The game will be decided by Stephenville's passing game vs. El Campo's pass defense.

If El Campo can slow them down, they have a good shot.

Hendo
12-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Has no one stopped to think that Tyler Jones may have a pile of letters from D1 schools, but is just a little bit too focused on the task at hand to make any big decisions. I bet after Friday night we here more about some other schools that are wanting him.

jacket98,99
12-11-2012, 08:39 AM

Please explain his "personality" problem.

bird_fan
12-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Well ive been a Ricebird fan since i was in High school from the early 1970s I backed them during their worst ever season in their history in 1979 and proud to back them this year Im saying the Bird will pull it off it be tight but they will pull it off.
To Stephenville you guy are a great team I was at the dome
and watched youbeat LaMarque a long time back in the 1990 s I met some of your fan to they were great fans. and have showed me they still are. a lot better than Carthage fans were last week saying we shouls forfiet the game and save the embarassment or that were a joke I totally resect ou for that
EC may not be s talented as team teams weve played the last few weeks but we will playhard and never quit until there is no more time I hope Mr Tyler get a great scholarship but i hope he get slowed donn a bit this week Safe trip to everyoe going to the game

vtskneb
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Please explain his "personality" problem.

Manso is the one with a personality problem. Funny you always see in others what you are insecure about in yourself. His insecurity about some teenagers from Stephenville that didn't show him proper respect has rubbed in his crawl all season. He knows nothing about any individual from Stephenville and I would hope the Admin folks will step in before someone starts attacking a teenage boy's reputation.

vtskneb
12-11-2012, 09:19 AM

None of that is true. His mechanics regarding foot work and pocket presence are well above average. There are much worse individuals who get plenty of scholarships and you know nothing about him so go back down on the farm big boy. The upside comment is just laughable becuase you are clearly not a scout and if you are it makes sense you hang out on the downlow.

hookandladder
12-11-2012, 09:34 AM
The recruiting process is really hard to figuire out, when you go to the invite camps during the summer you really get a first hand look at some of the best players in the State. What is really hard to figuire out with some players is why are they being recruited so hard , not knocking any one player but some players just seem barely average. Now I am talking about QB's because that is all I was watching, some school's are more interested in just the pure athlete instead of taking a player that can play the position. It is definitely a tough process for kids to go through, Good Luck to everyone.

Deuce
12-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Wow, jealous much? Kid looks pretty darn solid to me!

Sville
12-11-2012, 10:16 AM

Troll much?

Don't take the bait Jacket fans.

Manso/V8
12-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Troll much?

Don't take the bait Jacket fans.

Your right, I apologize for my post. When someone posed the question, I was thinking about potential reasons and it was not my intention to defame the kid.
The personality comment was not a swipe, it is just that little things like how a kid clicks with coaches comes in to play.

He is a great high school football player, is very effective, and has been tremendously successful. Getting an offer from TSU is nothing to sneeze at for sure.
He has an offer from a D-1 school. There are so many kids that would love to have that opportunity.

The precious few D-1 and D-2 offers that are extended, especially to QB's, are very hard to come by, especially in a state like Texas

I am sure he is also on the short list for other schools as well, since he hasn't actually signed.
Perhaps the recruiting activity become more public after the jackets finish the season.

#1 TEXAN
12-11-2012, 11:03 AM
El Campo will score. Again, no one has really shut them down despite a one dimensional offense. Stephenville's defense does not appear to be their strongpoint.

The game will be decided by Stephenville's passing game vs. El Campo's pass defense.

If El Campo can slow them down, they have a good shot.

Slowing that offense is easier said then done....... And thats a fact jack!

jacket98,99
12-11-2012, 11:03 AM
One of the main reasons he is going to texas state is because they were the ones to actually make an offer. TCU spoke with him off and on for a while, but eventually Tyler got tired of the Big DI song and dance that can go on with recruits...you know the "hey we really want you, but we r looking at a few other kids too....dont forget about us...blah blah blah". Texas State said "you r the QB we want and we want you as soon as you can get here. Since being forthright and honest fit Tylers "PERSONALITY" that is the school he decided to go with.

whitelightning5
12-11-2012, 11:26 AM
One of the main reasons he is going to texas state is because they were the ones to actually make an offer. TCU spoke with him off and on for a while, but eventually Tyler got tired of the Big DI song and dance that can go on with recruits...you know the "hey we really want you, but we r looking at a few other kids too....dont forget about us...blah blah blah". Texas State said "you r the QB we want and we want you as soon as you can get here. Since being forthright and honest fit Tylers "PERSONALITY" that is the school he decided to go with.

KUDOS to Tyler for making that decision. Most kids wouldn't do that.

Hendo
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Your right, I apologize for my post. When someone posed the question, I was thinking about potential reasons and it was not my intention to defame the kid.
The personality comment was not a swipe, it is just that little things like how a kid clicks with coaches comes in to play.

He is a great high school football player, is very effective, and has been tremendously successful. Getting an offer from TSU is nothing to sneeze at for sure.
He has an offer from a D-1 school. There are so many kids that would love to have that opportunity.

The precious few D-1 and D-2 offers that are extended, especially to QB's, are very hard to come by, especially in a state like Texas

I am sure he is also on the short list for other schools as well, since he hasn't actually signed.
Perhaps the recruiting activity become more public after the jackets finish the season.

Nice attempt to save face, but you are still an idiot in my book. And I can say that because I know as much about you as you know about Tyler Jones' personality and his ability to "click" with coaches. Moron.

Scoop27
12-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Heard from El Campo sources that tickets are really flying

ctown81
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Slowing that offense is easier said then done....... And thats a fact jack!

I imagine stephenville coaches watched the Carthage tape. We did slow your offense down in the second half, but slowing you down in the red zone is the really hard task. he Ricebirds deffense is what truly impressed me. I take ville by 7

Weebe
12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I imagine stephenville coaches watched the Carthage tape. We did slow your offense down in the second half, but slowing you down in the red zone is the really hard task. he Ricebirds deffense is what truly impressed me. I take ville by 7

I think he was talking about slowing Stephenville's offense.

ctown81
12-11-2012, 12:35 PM

oh ok.

hollywood
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Crickets

defense51
12-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Jackets by 14

ccmom
12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Crickets

Don't say that word!!!!

#1 TEXAN
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Yes I was sorry should have posted that little different, but any way I'm taking jackets by 21+.

toddg
12-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Crickets
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/buddy123.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)....the orignal rock-n-roll band!!!

hollywood
12-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Bullfrogs

toddg
12-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Bullfrogs

jeremiah was one! was a good friend of mine!!

SHSBulldog00
12-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Bullfrogs

http://youtu.be/dFypAB7nYGA

hollywood
12-11-2012, 09:02 PM
jeremiah was one! was a good friend of mine!!

LOL! You're pretty witty for an injun! ;)

SHSBulldog00
12-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Found this and thought about El Campo/Stephenville

http://youtu.be/umyl-wWRkJ4

toddg
12-11-2012, 09:24 PM
LOL! You're pretty witty for an injun! ;)

Injun people

Injun tribe

so proud to play

so proud to try...

....but when someday they've learned...

the Injun nation will return
will return
will return
will return!!

hollywood
12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Found this and thought about El Campo/Stephenville

http://youtu.be/umyl-wWRkJ4

Lol... Fitting

29-3aFAN
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Sounds like last week in the Refugio/East Bernard predictions. High power offense with excellent QB (Refugio) versus power running team with a good D (East Bernard)that hasn't been tested with an air attack until last week. Lots of predictions were Refugio by 20+. It looked that way out of the gates until halftime. The momentum swing was something fierce. After seeing that game, anything is possible. El Campo in a close one.

29-3aFAN
12-11-2012, 10:14 PM
EL CAMPO - Cole Hunt doesn't mind being double teamed. He views it as a compliment.

Opponents have come up with different strategies to protect their quarterback from Hunt since he had three sacks and wreaked havoc from his defensive end position in El Campo's Class 3A, Division I bi-district win over La Grange.

But even though the task has been more difficult, Hunt remains as relentless in his pursuit.

"Ever since the La Grange game, they've been double teaming me the whole time," he said. "Whether it's putting a receiver in motion and picking me up or the running back stepping out to block me. They've been double teaming me and I expect that. I like the competition and you've got to beat the best to be the best."

Hunt made a commitment to become the best player he could be after his junior season.

He recognized El Campo had an opportunity to have a memorable season after dropping from Class 4A and he wanted to follow in the footsteps of his older brother Joey, who received a scholarship to TCU last season.

"I knew we had a good chance to go pretty far in the playoffs and I wanted to be a leader," Hunt said. "I knew if I set examples for the younger kids in the weight room and I worked hard and it just paid off big time.

"Joey's always been more mature in the weight room and better than me and he worked real hard and got a scholarship to TCU," he added. "I was like I really want a scholarship for football. I got a scholarship and we're playing for a state title and I couldn't ask for anything more."

Hunt has committed to Rice and his performance has helped El Campo reach the state final for the first time since 1967.

The Ricebirds (14-0) will go after their first state championship when they play Stephenville (12-1) on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

Hunt has 92 tackles and a team-leading 16 sacks during his senior season.

He also starts at tight end where he's proven to be a valuable blocker while making 13 catches for 304 yards and three touchdowns.

"He doesn't come off the field," said El Campo head coach Bob Gillis. "He didn't come off the field against Carthage (a 29-25 semifinal win) and he was tired. Even when we threw that little pass and they hit him low. He just got back up and went back in."

The 6-foot-6, 225-pound Hunt attributes his stamina and ability to shed blockers to the time he spent in the weight room and the work he's done of his technique.

"This year I worked on my moves a lot pass rush wise," Hunt said. "I worked with my hands a whole lot. I move my hands constantly to get the linemen off of me. The weight room has helped me a lot because I gained 30 pounds."

Hunt has also paid more attention to detail this season, which helps him to better utilize his physical skills.

"He does a great job of reading the offensive line and getting good reads off them and he uses that to his advantage," said El Campo defensive coordinator Wayne Condra. "He uses his speed and quickness as far as getting a good pass rush for us."

Hunt's quickness will be paramount against Stephenville quarterback Tyler Jones, who is protected by a big offensive line.

"They have a really good quarterback," Hunt said. "He's quick, he's accurate and their left tackle is about 6-4, 315, so it will be the biggest tackle I've faced all year. I'll just have to use my speed against him and quickness."

Hunt is excited about having the chance to play in Cowboys Stadium and getting the opportunity to do something no El Campo team has ever done.

"I was talking to Joey (Hunt) on Saturday," Cole Hunt said. "He was saying congratulations and stuff like that. He still says his team was better than ours. I said our team will live on forever as long as El Campo is around."

hollywood
12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Sounds like last week in the Refugio/East Bernard predictions. High power offense with excellent QB (Refugio) versus power running team with a good D (East Bernard)that hasn't been tested with an air attack until last week. Lots of predictions were Refugio by 20+. It looked that way out of the gates until halftime. The momentum swing was something fierce. After seeing that game, anything is possible. El Campo in a close one.

LOL... Refugio compared to Stephenville?!?! LOL.. Now that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Not even close!

hollywood
12-11-2012, 10:32 PM

LOL... Refugio compared to Stephenville?!?! LOL.. Now that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Not even close! Besides that, strength of schedule with Stephenville's 3A in relation to Refugio's as a 2A isn't even comparable, relatively speaking. Refugio played cupcakes and Stephenville played several top 10's in 4A and 3A. Go smoke something else dude.

29-3aFAN
12-12-2012, 12:10 AM
LOL... Refugio compared to Stephenville?!?! LOL.. Now that's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Not even close!

Not at all, comparison is high powered pass attack versus power running. Is that better for you? You make it sound like I said Refugio would beat the jackets. Let me take a hit off what you got.

Manso/V8
12-12-2012, 12:26 AM

You should get out more, maybe go to a movie, watch some tv comedy shows, do something to bring some humor in to your life!

hollywood
12-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Not at all, comparison is high powered pass attack versus power running. Is that better for you? You make it sound like I said Refugio would beat the jackets. Let me take a hit off what you got.

I know what you were referring to. That's why I said relatively speaking. But still no. They are 2 different types of teams.

hollywood
12-12-2012, 07:22 AM
You should get out more, maybe go to a movie, watch some tv comedy shows, do something to bring some humor in to your life!

:spitlol:

YTBulldogs
12-12-2012, 10:05 AM
EL CAMPO - Cole Hunt doesn't mind being double teamed. He views it as a compliment.

Opponents have come up with different strategies to protect their quarterback from Hunt since he had three sacks and wreaked havoc from his defensive end position in El Campo's Class 3A, Division I bi-district win over La Grange.

But even though the task has been more difficult, Hunt remains as relentless in his pursuit.

"Ever since the La Grange game, they've been double teaming me the whole time," he said. "Whether it's putting a receiver in motion and picking me up or the running back stepping out to block me. They've been double teaming me and I expect that. I like the competition and you've got to beat the best to be the best."

Hunt made a commitment to become the best player he could be after his junior season.

He recognized El Campo had an opportunity to have a memorable season after dropping from Class 4A and he wanted to follow in the footsteps of his older brother Joey, who received a scholarship to TCU last season.

"I knew we had a good chance to go pretty far in the playoffs and I wanted to be a leader," Hunt said. "I knew if I set examples for the younger kids in the weight room and I worked hard and it just paid off big time.

"Joey's always been more mature in the weight room and better than me and he worked real hard and got a scholarship to TCU," he added. "I was like I really want a scholarship for football. I got a scholarship and we're playing for a state title and I couldn't ask for anything more."

Hunt has committed to Rice and his performance has helped El Campo reach the state final for the first time since 1967.

The Ricebirds (14-0) will go after their first state championship when they play Stephenville (12-1) on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington.

Hunt has 92 tackles and a team-leading 16 sacks during his senior season.

He also starts at tight end where he's proven to be a valuable blocker while making 13 catches for 304 yards and three touchdowns.

"He doesn't come off the field," said El Campo head coach Bob Gillis. "He didn't come off the field against Carthage (a 29-25 semifinal win) and he was tired. Even when we threw that little pass and they hit him low. He just got back up and went back in."

The 6-foot-6, 225-pound Hunt attributes his stamina and ability to shed blockers to the time he spent in the weight room and the work he's done of his technique.

"This year I worked on my moves a lot pass rush wise," Hunt said. "I worked with my hands a whole lot. I move my hands constantly to get the linemen off of me. The weight room has helped me a lot because I gained 30 pounds."

Hunt has also paid more attention to detail this season, which helps him to better utilize his physical skills.

"He does a great job of reading the offensive line and getting good reads off them and he uses that to his advantage," said El Campo defensive coordinator Wayne Condra. "He uses his speed and quickness as far as getting a good pass rush for us."

Hunt's quickness will be paramount against Stephenville quarterback Tyler Jones, who is protected by a big offensive line.

"They have a really good quarterback," Hunt said. "He's quick, he's accurate and their left tackle is about 6-4, 315, so it will be the biggest tackle I've faced all year. I'll just have to use my speed against him and quickness."

Hunt is excited about having the chance to play in Cowboys Stadium and getting the opportunity to do something no El Campo team has ever done.

"I was talking to Joey (Hunt) on Saturday," Cole Hunt said. "He was saying congratulations and stuff like that. He still says his team was better than ours. I said our team will live on forever as long as El Campo is around."

Move Hunt around prior to snap. That would help take care of the double team, and free up your best D-lineman.

hollywood
12-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Move Hunt around prior to snap. That would help take care of the double team, and free up your best D-lineman.

Tyler Jones is one of the best at reading pressure and making plays. He has been sacked just a few times this season. Very quick on his feet and has a quick release on his throw. He only needs 2-3 seconds to fire the ball down field or keep it and run. I look forward to seeing Hunt play. Seems like a great kid and player.

hollywood
12-12-2012, 11:34 AM
What I like about this match up is again we have 2 teams that run 2 totally different styles of offenses. Both defenses are good at what they do. Both coaching staffs are obviously very good. It will interesting to see the adjustments each make to coutner each others strengths and weaknesses.

Hump day and just 57 hours and counting until kickoff!

YTBulldogs
12-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Tyler Jones is one of the best at reading pressure and making plays. He has been sacked just a few times this season. Very quick on his feet and has a quick release on his throw. He only needs 2-3 seconds to fire the ball down field or keep it and run. I look forward to seeing Hunt play. Seems like a great kid and player.

He is as advertized. Loved watching him play. And to think, he came from Palacios. Great career move by his parents. They still live outside Palacios I hear.

Sville
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
He is as advertized. Loved watching him play. And to think, he came from Palacios. Great career move by his parents. They still live outside Palacios I hear.

I assume you are talking about Cole Hunt the big athletic TE/DE for El Campo?

#1 TEXAN
12-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Bring that trophy to region 1 jackets!!!!!!

whitelightning5
12-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Come on RICEBIRDS. Make our district and region proud.

Sville
12-12-2012, 04:03 PM
If this don't get you fired up your wood is wet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yyCK9uIbvTE

Sville
12-12-2012, 04:04 PM
double post

hookandladder
12-12-2012, 05:02 PM

EC gonna lower the Boom, EC wins.

hollywood
12-12-2012, 05:34 PM

:eek:

toddg
12-12-2012, 05:44 PM
EC gonna lower the Boom, EC wins.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10594/goodluck.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)..with that!!

ctown81
12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I made a statement a couple of days ago and stated I was impressed with the Ricebirds defense. I listened to the game on El Campo's station. I watched a tape and El Campo's secondary is VERY suspect. Carthage overthew multilple passes. Stephenville won't do that. Changing my pick to Stephenville by 3 tds.

Btw, I think the radio announcer for EC had the time of his life. He couldn't resist saying "Do you believe in miracles" lol.

SHSBulldog00
12-12-2012, 07:22 PM
From KULP 1390 AM in El Campo

"Okay Ricebird fans we've added additional server capacity for our internet streams. Last Friday night we almost had a meltdown. We had over 5000 visitors to www.kulpradio.com for the Birds and the Brahama's games." (East Bernard)

hookandladder
12-12-2012, 08:25 PM
I made a statement a couple of days ago and stated I was impressed with the Ricebirds defense. I listened to the game on El Campo's station. I watched a tape and El Campo's secondary is VERY suspect. Carthage overthew multilple passes. Stephenville won't do that. Changing my pick to Stephenville by 3 tds.

Btw, I think the radio announcer for EC had the time of his life. He couldn't resist saying "Do you believe in miracles" lol.

How can you say Stephenville will not overthrow multiple passes, it happens every week in some game where the QB has an off night. I have seen some video on the Stephenville QB , he is a decent QB throwing the ball but many things can happen to make him be a little off. EC wins this game, running game prevails over passing game.

Manso/V8
12-12-2012, 08:31 PM

Get the runnerup version ready.

hollywood
12-12-2012, 09:12 PM
How can you say Stephenville will not overthrow multiple passes, it happens every week in some game where the QB has an off night. I have seen some video on the Stephenville QB , he is a decent QB throwing the ball but many things can happen to make him be a little off. EC wins this game, running game prevails over passing game.

Qb decent? lol Will you be at this game? You have no idea if you haven't seen in person. The speed at which Stephenville executes their offense is very impressive. El Campo's defense is going to have a long long night. I've already watched the Carthage/El Campo game. Did you notice how long it took Carthage to run each play? Nothing against Carthage. The tempo Stephenville runs their offense is twice as fast. Mark it down, Stephenville will likely score on every posession.

As for El Campo's offense. They are very good at what they do and that's run the ball. But Stephenville will get at least 2-3 stops and force El Campo to punt early in the game.

Aggie98
12-12-2012, 09:12 PM
i have seen some video on the stephenville qb , he is a decent qb throwing the ball

rofl!

Manso/V8
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Mark it down, Stephenville will likely score on every posession.

I have marked down and annotated. This one right here deserves crow, whole, with guts, feathers still on, served raw. It would have been raw after being allowed to ripen in the sun a few days, but you at least added the likely. LOL!

hollywood
12-12-2012, 09:38 PM
I have marked down and annotated. This one right here deserves crow, whole, with guts, feathers still on, served raw. It would have been raw after being allowed to ripen in the sun a few days, but you at least added the likely. LOL!

Exactly.. likely.. didn't say would. ;)

Ville-D
12-12-2012, 10:14 PM

MansoN, it is always funny to hear you run your mouth, but hearing you attack a high school kid on an internet forum proves what kind of man you are. Before you try to pull that foot out of your mouth you should probably remove your head from your ass.

SMH

Manso/V8
12-12-2012, 11:14 PM
MansoN, it is always funny to hear you run your mouth, but hearing you attack a high school kid on an internet forum proves what kind of man you are. Before you try to pull that foot out of your mouth you should probably remove your head from your ass.

SMH

You are right, I was wrong for making that post. I apologized and expressed regret.
If you think it is an attack on a high school kid, I don't understand why you would re-post it.
Perhaps the chance to attack me outweighs your desire to protect the high school kid?

vtskneb
12-12-2012, 11:28 PM
You are right, I was wrong for making that post. I apologized and expressed regret.
If you think it is an attack on a high school kid, I don't understand why you would re-post it.
Perhaps the chance to attack me outweighs your desire to protect the high school kid?

Yes because they are the same thing.:vrycnfsd:

Manso/V8
12-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Yes because they are the same thing.:vrycnfsd:

Go Ricebirds!

Ville-D
12-12-2012, 11:42 PM

So you make disparaging remarks about a HS kid and I stand up for him. You see my attacking you for your actions as being like you? Who were you defending when you showed the board what kind of d-bag you are? Please, don't try to drag me down.

Classless.

hollywood
12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Go Navasota!!

toddg
12-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Go Indians!

Manso/V8
12-13-2012, 01:24 AM
So you make disparaging remarks about a HS kid and I stand up for him. You see my attacking you for your actions as being like you? Who were you defending when you showed the board what kind of d-bag you are? Please, don't try to drag me down.

Classless.

You are really fixated on me for some reason.
Is your husband treating you bad?

Go Ricebirds!

hookandladder
12-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Qb decent? lol Will you be at this game? You have no idea if you haven't seen in person. The speed at which Stephenville executes their offense is very impressive. El Campo's defense is going to have a long long night. I've already watched the Carthage/El Campo game. Did you notice how long it took Carthage to run each play? Nothing against Carthage. The tempo Stephenville runs their offense is twice as fast. Mark it down, Stephenville will likely score on every posession.

As for El Campo's offense. They are very good at what they do and that's run the ball. But Stephenville will get at least 2-3 stops and force El Campo to punt early in the game.

Have you ever been to any QB camps during the summer, at most camps there are 50 to 60 QB's at each camp and at least 30 to 40 are top notch. The competition at this position is out the roof, decent QB put's him in that range of 30 to 40. Most all QB's have their flaws and the one's that have the least or the one's being recruited early at big D-1 school's, Good Luck to him at Texas State.

bird_fan
12-13-2012, 07:51 AM
GO RICEBIRDS BEAT THE YELLOWJACKETS
http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/jerryntx/rewards.jpg

Parade set for 10AM Saturday that's kinda fast and jumping the gun.

jacket98,99
12-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Parade set for 10AM Saturday that's kinda fast and jumping the gun.

It is tentatively set. That type of thing takes some orginaztion and planning especially if you want to do it the morning after the game. Nothing wrong with being prepared in the event that S'ville wins Friday.

Cam
12-13-2012, 10:28 AM
OK El Campo fans, if you were to be so kind, splain to me where the mascot name of Ricebird came about. According to Wiki:

Ricebird is a name for a number of different birds, especially those that feed on paddy fields or on various grains (not necessarily just rice-they love yellow jackets!). Most commonly, it refers to the:
Bobolink
Java Sparrow
Mannikins
Village Weaver, in English-speaking West African countries

So, are ya'll named after all these avarian friends or is it something else?.....

hollywood
12-13-2012, 11:16 AM
Have you ever been to any QB camps during the summer, at most camps there are 50 to 60 QB's at each camp and at least 30 to 40 are top notch. The competition at this position is out the roof, decent QB put's him in that range of 30 to 40. Most all QB's have their flaws and the one's that have the least or the one's being recruited early at big D-1 school's, Good Luck to him at Texas State.

I have never attended a QB camp. To say he's decent is all subjective on your part. He's one of the top signal callers in 3A. And unless you've watched him in person or in a live game command a complex spread offense, your comments of being decent are meaningless. There are many QB's that perform well at camps that can't in real games. Anyway, hope you get to attend this game, it should be a doozy.

44INAROW
12-13-2012, 11:54 AM
It is tentatively set. That type of thing takes some orginaztion and planning especially if you want to do it the morning after the game. Nothing wrong with being prepared in the event that S'ville wins Friday.
Planning behind the scenes - OK I can see that - plastering it as a HEADLINE on the newspaper.. wow - I hope El Campo wins Will it happen.. no idea but I sure hope so...........

Ville-D
12-13-2012, 12:41 PM
You are really fixated on me for some reason.
Is your husband treating you bad?

Go Ricebirds!

Wow, picking up CCMoms tired joke. Can't think for yourself? Surely you can do better than that. Sad. :(

Well I guess it is better that you going after HS kids.

Bull's-eye
12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
The National Weather Service has issued a "Red Storm" advisory for the Arlington area on Friday night. Be advised, storm will have category D25 winds & is expected to rain touchdowns in an isolated area between N Collins & Legends Way. :D

Deuce
12-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Ville rolls to another title. Ville-42 EC-21!

Ville-D
12-13-2012, 01:52 PM
The National Weather Service has issued a "Red Storm" advisory for the Arlington area on Friday night. Be advised, storm will have category D25 winds & is expected to rain touchdowns in an isolated area between N Collins & Legends Way. :D

Nice.

I heard that too, but the forecast just changed. A huge Blue Northern is now expected to hit at about 5:30 tomorrow afternoon and push all other weather back to the south. This storm is expected to be caring huge swarms of angry Yellow Jackets and all people and animals are advised to stay inside until further notice. Over the past several weeks there have been reports of wounded animals who got in the way of the swarms. These included confirmed maimings of a wildcat and 3 bulldogs. And it is said that no animal or bird is safe...

Now back to your regularly scheduled program..

TXfootballboi!
12-13-2012, 01:54 PM
it will be good being back in that staduim.. espically since playing last year in it... the ville wins.. but i think it will bea close one

J2M2SR
12-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Planning behind the scenes - OK I can see that - plastering it as a HEADLINE on the newspaper.. wow - I hope El Campo wins Will it happen.. no idea but I sure hope so...........

Pretty sure none of the kids or coaches had anything to do with it!! They will be business as usual!!!!

Spanish Camp
12-13-2012, 03:33 PM
OK El Campo fans, if you were to be so kind, splain to me where the mascot name of Ricebird came about. According to Wiki:

Ricebird is a name for a number of different birds, especially those that feed on paddy fields or on various grains (not necessarily just rice-they love yellow jackets!). Most commonly, it refers to the:
Bobolink
Java Sparrow
Mannikins
Village Weaver, in English-speaking West African countries

So, are ya'll named after all these avarian friends or is it something else?.....

Historically, Wharton County was the top county for rice production in the country. Ricebirds is a common name for the birds that hangout in the rice fields. I believe the Ricebird we are actually named for is a Red Wing Blackbird.

There is only one other Ricebird Mascot in the state: Stuttgart, Arkansas. I will note that they one a State Championship last weekend.

hollywood
12-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Historically, Wharton County was the top county for rice production in the country. Ricebirds is a common name for the birds that hangout in the rice fields. I believe the Ricebird we are actually named for is a Red Wing Blackbird.

There is only one other Ricebird Mascot in the state: Stuttgart, Arkansas. I will note that they one a State Championship last weekend.

Very cool history.

Too bad these Ricebirds have to face a huge swarm of angry Yellow Jackets! As Ville-D stated earlier, no animal or bird is safe.

toddg
12-13-2012, 04:37 PM
who gives a crap that the Stephenville paper informed the folks of Stephenville that, if the Jackets win, there would be a parade....its not going to stop a QB with a 67% completion rate in 400 attempts from doing what he has done all year..he's completing over 75% in the playoffs...its not going to stop the recievers from running crisp routes and catching those passes..they been doing it all year..its not going to stop the OL from making run lanes in the zone read..they been doing it all year..and it wont stop the defense from getting timely stops..they been doing it all year!....im sure the same can be said about the Ricebird's execution this year as well..that is why they are both playing friday..there is nothing that can be wriiten or said to motivate these young men more than they already are!
it is my opinion, after watching the entire Carthage/El Campo game, and having seen the Jackets in person 3 times this year, that the Jackets are are the better team coming into this game..my prediction..56-24 Stephenville..Hay in the barn, is like money in the bank..and the Jackets have hay in the barn this year!

Weebe
12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
it is my opinion, after watching the entire Carthage/El Campo game, and having seen the Jackets in person 3 times this year, that the Jackets are are the better team coming into this game..my prediction..56-24 Stephenville..Hay in the barn, is like money in the bank..and the Jackets have hay in the barn this year!

We'll see if that prediction is better than those made by all of the Glen Rose and Alvarado fans about going deep into the playoffs and how they had been underrated in the polls all year.

hollywood
12-13-2012, 05:35 PM
We'll see if that prediction is better than those made by all of the Glen Rose and Alvarado fans about going deep into the playoffs and how they had been underrated in the polls all year.

Alvarado was not overrated. Glen Rose was not overrated.

Gatesville beat Alvarado
Graham beat Glen Rose

It's all about match ups.

Guess who played for the DII quarter finals? Gatesville and Graham

But you are right. The proof will be in the puddin' so to speak. The Ricebirds players and coaches know what's coming.. I don't think the fans do... or at least don't want to admit it. El Campo is a fine program and team this year. I wish them well and safe travels!

Smack talk now....

Stephenville 45
El Campo 27

That's my conservative prediction. ;)

:taunt:

toddg
12-13-2012, 05:52 PM

you never heard Alvarado posters squawk about being underrated in the polls this year, and yes we had high expectations coming into this year..but in the end, we expected too much from a very young secondary, thought our veteren offense would be enough..it wasnt! dont confuse us with the lofty expectations expressed by the Glen Rose posters, though they had the team, in the end they just didnt have the depth...you wont see Stephenville posters trying to degrade the Indians on this board just because they disagree with my OPINION, even if i had picked against them..knowing what i know.. i am very confident in my prediction.

jacket98,99
12-13-2012, 05:56 PM

So how in the hell do you expect people in town to know about it just two days before! THINK!!!! Just another person that loves to hate S'ville.

jacket98,99
12-13-2012, 05:58 PM
BTW. It wasn't a "headline". It was posted in a small section on the sports page. But i'm sure you must of ignored all the gossip and hearsay from other s'ville haters and already known that.

44INAROW
12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
So how in the hell do you expect people in town to know about it just two days before! THINK!!!! Just another person that loves to hate S'ville.

I couldn't care less about Stephenville and certainly not enough to hate them.... Believe me.. or don't, I couldn't care less. If the good folks in Stephenville need to read about it in the freaking newspaper, they aren't very informed to begin with - But that's just the way I THINK.. :vrycnfsd:

BTW. It wasn't a "headline". It was posted in a small section on the sports page. But i'm sure you must of ignored all the gossip and hearsay from other s'ville haters and already known that.
What I saw WAS A HEADLINE - ie (that means for instance) in BOLD at the TOP of the ONLINE VERSION..

jacket98,99
12-13-2012, 06:06 PM
I couldn't care less about Stephenville and certainly not enough to hate them.... Believe me.. or don't, I couldn't care less. If the good folks in Stephenville need to read about it in the freaking newspaper, they aren't very informed to begin with - But that's just the way I THINK.. :vrycnfsd:

What I saw WAS A HEADLINE - ie (that means for instance) in ALL CAPS on the FRONT PAGE AT THE TOP of the ONLINE VERSION..

"not informed"....so a town of 15,000 people doesn't need an anouncement of some public form to know about something that is potentially going to happen in less than 48 hours. Are you that stupid????

Emerson1
12-13-2012, 06:13 PM
"not informed"....so a town of 15,000 people doesn't need an anouncement of some public form to know about something that is potentially going to happen in less than 48 hours. Are you that stupid????

Calm down moron. Freakin new people.

hollywood
12-13-2012, 06:15 PM
anyone have a piece pipe?

ccmom
12-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Even a good number of Stephenville posters can see that the announcement by the paper was not a great idea. Simmer down, mister.

It also seems like an odd time to have the parade, if Sville does win...but maybe that's just me.

BwdLion73
12-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Win or lose I think your team and ElCampo deserve recognition by the home town people for a great season.
It just seems that you would want time to let it soak in for a few days or a week to give time to get the movers and shakers of the community time to clear their calender and make sure familys could get together for a parade or something.

jacket98,99
12-13-2012, 06:36 PM

Well, you're quote "freakin new people" speaks volumes. Maybe i should just stay out of your clubhouse and go home. I see comments on a daily basis from "old people" on this board where people are upset, but i guess that's ok because they have been posting longer than what i have. Whatever. Sorry to the allmighty veterans that may have been offended for me defending the actions of my hometown.

Hendo
12-13-2012, 06:43 PM
you never heard Alvarado posters squawk about being underrated in the polls this year, and yes we had high expectations coming into this year..but in the end, we expected too much from a very young secondary, thought our veteren offense would be enough..it wasnt! dont confuse us with the lofty expectations expressed by the Glen Rose posters, though they had the team, in the end they just didnt have the depth...you wont see Stephenville posters trying to degrade the Indians on this board just because they disagree with my OPINION, even if i had picked against them..knowing what i know.. i am very confident in my prediction.

I dont think you can ever expect too much out of a team. If you are always expected to do great you will always thrive to be great. Low expectations get low results. Stephenville catches flack sometimes because we always say we have the best team. The boys on the team know that there are always high expectations for them, and they also know what kind of work it takes to meet those expectations. Thats part of what makes Stephenville a great program. Fans and coaches expect them to be the best and we always get their best.

BwdLion73
12-13-2012, 06:50 PM
anyone have a piece pipe?

I'm not sure if you need a "peace pipe" or a "piece of pipe"...:stirpot:

Hendo
12-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Well, you're quote "freakin new people" speaks volumes. Maybe i should just stay out of your clubhouse and go home. I see comments on a daily basis from "old people" on this board where people are upset, but i guess that's ok because they have been posting longer than what i have. Whatever. Sorry to the allmighty veterans that may have been offended for me defending the actions of my hometown.

Duh!!! jacket98,99. Dont you know that Emerson1 has never been new to this site. He was a veteran to 3ADL before the site was ever created.

vtskneb
12-13-2012, 06:51 PM
It is what it is. Obviously this is one of only a couple of was to get the plans out to the public and so in that sense it has to be available to let those that want to be apart of the parade, should it happen, make plans. I think it is more the timing of the parade than anything else. I have a guess where these plans came from and if it came from there than it does not suprise me in the way this was released. What is sad is it is taking attention away from the team and the game.

jacket98,99
12-13-2012, 06:53 PM
It's cool. I learned my lesson. I'll be good. I hate making people mad.

toddg
12-13-2012, 07:16 PM

What I saw WAS A HEADLINE - ie (that means for instance) in BOLD at the TOP of the ONLINE VERSION..

wishing defeat on a team sounds like you care a little..

toddg
12-13-2012, 07:20 PM

how ironic..tryin to calm someone down and calling them a moron..:dispntd:

SintonFan
12-13-2012, 07:31 PM

WTH? Yall ruined one of my favorite Christmas songs!!! :foul:
Now I have to take it out of my Christmas show rotation! :foul::flaming:

toddg
12-13-2012, 07:35 PM

awww..poor little pirate guy...im sure they didnt mean to disrupt your festivous...

vtskneb
12-13-2012, 07:37 PM
awww..poor little pirate guy...im sure they didnt mean to disrupt your festivous...

Festivous for the rest of us!

SintonFan
12-13-2012, 07:42 PM

Not to point out the obvious... :doh:
sorry

SintonFan
12-13-2012, 07:42 PM

You bet they did! :evilgrin:

Have you seen Trans Siberian Orchestra live????!!!!

SintonFan
12-13-2012, 07:54 PM

Where in 44's post did you get that she is wishing defeat on Stephenville? Or is it that she is rooting for the Region 4 rep?
I understand and AGREE with her that publicly pronouncing(even though it did state a little "should") a victory parade is darn near tantamount to a pre-State Title declaration before the game is even played. Just throw tact and a little humility out the window why don't you. :rolleyes:

toddg
12-13-2012, 08:00 PM

Where in 44's post did you get that she is wishing defeat on Stephenville? Or is it that she is rooting for the Region 4 rep?
I understand and AGREE with her that publicly pronouncing(even though it did state a little "should") a victory parade is darn near tantamount to a pre-State Title declaration before the game is even played. Just throw tact and a little humility out the window why don't you. :rolleyes:

i do!

J2M2SR
12-13-2012, 08:00 PM

Your wood must be wet! Lmao!!!

Emerson1
12-13-2012, 08:49 PM

Veterans are allowed to call others stupid. New people aren't allowed to ask mods if they are stupid.

44INAROW
12-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Wow....anyone find that peace pipe yet (or piece of pipe) yet?
Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the game..

Good Luck Ricebirds.... Hope you bring the title back to south Texas.......

44INAROW
12-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Veterans are allowed to call others stupid. New people aren't allowed to ask mods if they are stupid.

Rofl Emerson.... :). I appreciate the posters who understood where I was coming from in my comments.

toddg
12-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Veterans are allowed to call others stupid. New people aren't allowed to ask mods if they are stupid. show me that in the rules...and im a military vet..does that count?

hollywood
12-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I need another drag off the pipe dude!

SintonFan
12-13-2012, 10:08 PM
i do!

lol Appreciate the honesty. :nerd:

SintonFan
12-13-2012, 10:10 PM
show me that in the rules...and im a military vet..does that count?

He really didn't support the LONG-time vet/mod here. You gotta understand, being a mod here IS A THANKLESS JOB. (no smilie for a reason)

jacket98,99
12-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I guess I will take my freedom of speech to a discussion where I don't have to agree with someone because they are a moderator

Manso/V8
12-14-2012, 01:06 AM
who gives a crap that the Stephenville paper informed the folks of Stephenville that, if the Jackets win, there would be a parade....its not going to stop a QB with a 67% completion rate in 400 attempts from doing what he has done all year..he's completing over 75% in the playoffs...its not going to stop the recievers from running crisp routes and catching those passes..they been doing it all year..its not going to stop the OL from making run lanes in the zone read..they been doing it all year..and it wont stop the defense from getting timely stops..they been doing it all year!....im sure the same can be said about the Ricebird's execution this year as well..that is why they are both playing friday..there is nothing that can be wriiten or said to motivate these young men more than they already are!

Where did you come up with that "Hay in the barn" phrase?

toddg
12-14-2012, 04:00 AM
Where did you come up with that "Hay in the barn" phrase?

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13802/wavsign.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

LionFan72
12-14-2012, 07:18 AM
It is Football Friday night thank God, let the BS (banter slinging) come to a stop and the players settle the conflict. Gonna be a great game, lots of emotion, good hard play, and a fun filled Friday night. Good luck to both teams, Making the SC finals is a hugh accomplishment, safe travels, good play, and stay injury free.

garciap77
12-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Go ville! Get State! Safe travels to everyone!:2thumbsup

44INAROW
12-14-2012, 09:19 AM

so in your mind, saying I wish El Campo wins is WISHING DEFEAT on Stephenville. Wow - some of you people have one track minds.

I guess I will take my freedom of speech to a discussion where I don't have to agree with someone because they are a moderator

Seriously. grow up.:vrycnfsd:

Good Luck to the Ricebirds! Bring that trophy back to Reg IV:)

jacket98,99
12-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Ok Dad. I'll try. Sheesh.

GTownballer
12-14-2012, 09:53 AM
This is Stephenville's kind of opponent, that they are use to playing, in my opinion this game will not be close, Ville by 21 atleast, the state game has already been played Kilgore and Stephenville. Prove me wrong ElCampo! Good luck to both teams!

hollywood
12-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Stephenville will have the advantage on the field to win this game by a good margin. Whether that happens, we will not know until after kickoff.

Bring the trophy back to Reg 1!! It's been a long time coming!

GO YELLOW JACKETS!!!

VILLE UP!!!