PDA

View Full Version : Clyde 17 - Abilene Wylie 7

ClydeFan
10-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Clyde takes the upset over Abilene Wylie 17 to 7 in a dogfight. Way to go Clyde!

eye of the tiger
10-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Nice win. Congrats

vet93
10-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Good win for Clyde...really throws the district race up in the air. Clyde, Wylie, Ballinger, Brady and Comanche will slug it out for the three playoff spots. Again congratulations to Clyde and for the Wylie Bulldogs...don't give up...Clyde had alot of weapons returning and they are just now starting to put things together.

ClydeFan
10-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Vet, it will be an interesting race this year for the playoff spots! Congrats on Ballinger's win over Brady.

Clyde made major changes to the offense tonight and started a different QB who is just a sophomore. The switch from a passing offense to a rushing offense worked very well, and there is no doubt it caught Wylie off guard. Clyde came out fired up and made an outstanding effort both on offense and defense. Clyde went ahead 7-0 on their first drive in first quarter, then Wylie scored making it a tied game at the half. Clyde scored again (in the 4th, I think) making it 14-7, then sealed the game with a 30 or so yard field goal with a little over a minute left. Wylie was making a good drive but then an interception turned the ball over to Clyde.

3A Down Low's own "wbulldogs" made the Wylie TD tonight on a long pass reception. He did a great job both on offense and defense.

wildstangs
10-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Congrats to Clyde on the huge win. They are primed to make the playoffs. Tough loss for Wylie, I bet they havent lost 4 games in a row in decades.

Wbulldogs
10-11-2003, 11:21 AM
yah it was another tough loss, good job to clyde

clydewr35
10-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Wbulldogs u had a good game i just wish i could have been out there playing.....good luck next week

pero chato
10-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Congrats to the Clyde Dawgs on the big win. They reminded me of the Clyde teams of past--tough defense and an 'up the gut' ground game. Clyde clearly caught Wylie off guard, not to mention they were more fired up. Not to diss my Wylie Dawgs, but come on guys, one TD per game ain't gonna cut it. Game ball goes to #44 on Clyde for running over and through our defense. Great quote in the Abilene Reporter-News from one of the Clyde players who said it was Jesus who helped them win. I knew it! Not a bad choice for the 12th man! LOL. Some advice for the Clyde players. I know this is a huge win for your program. It's been 10 years since you beat Wylie. Don't let it be the only highlight of your season. From what I saw you have playoff potential. But so does Ballinger, Brady and Comanche, (and Wylie if we can start finding the endzone). Don't let up from the intensity you displayed last night! You might find yourselves in a nice playoff run. Good luck to you for the rest of the season and hopefully beyond. Congrats again on a clean, hard hitting game!

renegade*dawg
10-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Congratulations Clyde!!!!

Keep up the hard work!

Good game Wylie #3! You played an awesome game!

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: renegade*dawg ]</small>

Wbulldogs
10-12-2003, 02:10 PM
renegade*dawg:
Congratulations Clyde!!!!
We are so proud of you!

Keep up the hard work!

Good game Wylie #3! You played an awesome game!

Hope to see you next week Clyde#35. wink thanx

ballhog65
10-13-2003, 04:18 PM
clyde may have played a good game but wylie just sucked it up and didnt play well. wylie only returned 2 starters from last year and only one on each side of the ball. just b/c some of the seniors this year dont give a crap about losing 4 games in a row is pathetic. wylie football is built on pride and doing whatever has to be done to win a football game. i feel sorry for seniors like eric wilson lance miller aaron philpot and jason reynolds, they work as hard as they can to win but they dont have a supporting cast. i just wish that they would realize what wylie football is all about b/c they r an embarrassment to past teams like my grade who lost to everman last year but hey who didnt right?!?! good luck wylie yall need to pull yalls heads out of yalls butts.

peace
AF

clydewr35
10-13-2003, 10:24 PM
thats not showing much respect for your school. wylie has a good team and so does clyde and we proved it friday night. Wylie didnt play that bad of a game we just controled the ball and did not allowing them to ever had it. and what did yalls team do so great last year yall only beat us by 10 and we had like 7 turnovers that game. well good luck the rest of the year wylie

wildstangs
10-13-2003, 10:32 PM
clydewr35:
thats not showing much respect for your school. wylie has a good team and so does clyde and we proved it friday night. Wylie didnt play that bad of a game we just controled the ball and did not allowing them to ever had it. and what did yalls team do so great last year yall only beat us by 10 and we had like 7 turnovers that game. well good luck the rest of the year wylieCheck out his info. It says he is from Clyde.

ballhog65
10-14-2003, 07:47 PM
hey im not from clyde i just put that im from wylie and the fact of the matter is that we beat yall last year and it doesnt matter if yall had 7 seven turnovers or whatever we still won. looks like we won district anyway and what did yall get third. who cares about stupid ole clyde football anyway. wow yall beat wylie once in like what 10 years. im impressed! NOT! Clyde sucks at everything and got lucky yo beat wylie. wylie will do better after losing to yall b/c they have pride. SCREW THE CLYDE BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

clydewr35
10-14-2003, 08:03 PM
ballhog65:
hey im not from clyde i just put that im from wylie and the fact of the matter is that we beat yall last year and it doesnt matter if yall had 7 seven turnovers or whatever we still won. looks like we won district anyway and what did yall get third. who cares about stupid ole clyde football anyway. wow yall beat wylie once in like what 10 years. im impressed! NOT! Clyde sucks at everything and got lucky yo beat wylie. wylie will do better after losing to yall b/c they have pride. SCREW THE CLYDE BULLDOGS!!!!!!!classy

wildstangs
10-14-2003, 08:46 PM
ballhog65:
hey im not from clyde i just put that im from wylie and the fact of the matter is that we beat yall last year and it doesnt matter if yall had 7 seven turnovers or whatever we still won. looks like we won district anyway and what did yall get third. who cares about stupid ole clyde football anyway. wow yall beat wylie once in like what 10 years. im impressed! NOT! Clyde sucks at everything and got lucky yo beat wylie. wylie will do better after losing to yall b/c they have pride. SCREW THE CLYDE BULLDOGS!!!!!!!Fortunately most of the Wylie posters are classy people and are probably ashamed of this guys attitude. Clyde was the better team Friday night. This year they wont be "the other bulldogs" as some people like to refer to them.

Excel94
10-14-2003, 11:04 PM
Hey sorry guys I am a big Wylie fan and it is guys like this that give us a bad name. Congratulations Clyde on a good game Friday I hope that Wylie can turn around and start pulling off some wins.

pero chato
10-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Ballhog65, you will be ROM'd. There is no place on this board for people like you. Grow up!

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: pero chato ]</small>

ballhog65
10-15-2003, 05:02 PM
what does ROM'd mean pero chato

pero chato
10-15-2003, 05:24 PM
ballhog65:
what does ROM'd mean pero chatoIt means "read only member". You will not be able to post any more. This is not a site for trash talking and degrading other teams/towns. If you want to discuss a topic or contribute to a post already going, fine. There is no need to use obscenities in doing so. Grow up, boy!

ballhog65
10-15-2003, 05:32 PM
thanks pero chato u hurt my feelings.