PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 36 RC 33 final

Bongo
09-26-2003, 10:50 PM
A barnburner. Both defenses were worn out. Hats off to RC's # 32. He's a tough runner. Difference in the game was kicking. Also, RC figured out what the Bellville achilles heal is, and they did a good job of exploiting it.

What's up with Bellville trying 2-point conversion in the first half. I personally think that's a dumb move.

Great game with very few penalties and only I believe 2 turnovers.

Chief Woodman
09-26-2003, 11:08 PM
Sounds like an awesome game.

Chris Hart
09-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Closer than I expected, but I did pick Bellville to pull it out. Congratulations Bellville!

Bongo
09-26-2003, 11:14 PM
It was Chief. RC was ahead at the half. RC's offensive line play was winning the game. Bellville for some reason didn't start an effective passing game until the second half. Bellville's #14 played hurt the second half and caught a 70 yd bomb. His performance was true grit and heart. High school football at it's best.

Buenger had a great passing game. I think he only made one bad pass.

SintonFan
09-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Good job Bellville and congratulations on the big win! Rice was tough, huh? Who picked the game by three was right on...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-26-2003, 11:26 PM
Great game, I said Bellville would win, with the kicking game, and I got that one right, but was off on the score I predicted 23 - 20. I am just glad Bellville won the game! Watch Fox Sports SW at 12:00 tonight for highlights!

Bongo
09-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Sinton Fan; Rice was tough. They play hard smashmouth football. I think they are a bit one-dimensional. When they come up against a big D line I think they will have some problems. If you can shut down the run (which Bellville could not do until the final drive) and force them to pass, then they are in a weaker position.

Bellville has a very balanced attack when they use it.

Rice players should hold their heads high. Both teams elevated their play for this game.

bd62
09-26-2003, 11:41 PM
i think these 2 teams have a good chance of playing again. they look like the d2 class of there regions. but you never know because there is a lot of football between now and then.

BrahmaMom
09-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Whew, what a game! Lots of Brahmas made big plays. The Bulls stepped it up tonight in a big way, doing what they had to do to get the win. A beautiful team effort by the Brahmas, our boys played with lots of heart tonight. Congrats to Rice on tremendous effort, you have an excellent team. Good luck during the season. Well done, Bellville.

Bellville22
09-27-2003, 12:16 AM
This was unbelieveable, I'm still collecting my thoughts and catching my breath. My thoughts tomorrow.

Incredibly proud of you Jess B.

landries
09-27-2003, 12:18 AM
my blood is red.

landries
09-27-2003, 12:19 AM
brahma red that is.

GoForIt
09-27-2003, 12:58 AM
Must have been quite a thriller. Go Bulls!

Footballfan25
09-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Dear Bongo - there is a chart that coaches use to tell them if they shoudl go for two or kick, depending on how many points they are behind or ahead. For those situations in the 1st half, the chart must have said go for two.

Specklebelly
09-27-2003, 01:33 AM
My hat goes off to Bellville for winning one of the best high school games Ive seen in some time. It came down to the team that scored last. Actually, it came down to #14. He lead Bellville in receiving and was certainly the difference with his kicking ability. This kid should be kicking for a D1 school somewhere next year. He was by far the most impressive player on Bellville's team in my opinion.

Like I said early in the week, it would come down to Rice's running game vs. Bellville's passing game. Bellville stopped the running game at the end when they needed to do so. Rice should leave this game with nothing to be ashamed of though. It was a hotly contested, great game. This loss probably does Rice more good than a win in my opinion. We will now regroup and get ready for district. Hopefully we will see you in the state semis Bellville. It would be a great rematch that is certainly not out of the question. Good luck the rest of the season.

BrahmaMom
09-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Specklebelly, I said a similar thing in the stands last night: a loss will benefit whoever gets it. A loss early in the season gets a team more determined. #14, Goeke, had a heck of a night, he's a heck of a ball player. Our passing was incredible, I thought. We will probably meet up again, another fun night! Best of luck till then.

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Specklebelly:
Hopefully we will see you in the state semis Bellville. It would be a great rematch that is certainly not out of the question. Good luck the rest of the season.That's right Rice Consolidated and Bellville will just walk right into the semi's and play each other again. Never mind teams like Yoakum, Port Isabel, Liberty Hill, Sealy, Fairfield, Newton, Giddings and La Grange LOL. Just concentrate on the next opponent and chill on the self-congratulatory hype about the semi-finals. Oh, BTW, good game to both yall. :D

KL3
09-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Well I've seen Sealy, La Grange, and Giddings, and none of those teams could beat Bellville.

Bongo
09-27-2003, 10:38 AM
Footballfan; I agree on the chart, however I think sometimes they should consider the game situations. In a low scoring game I would agree on using the chart. However, in this game it was obvious there was going to be a lot of scoring. Getting a sure 1 point was the logical thing to do. Also, I didn't originally mention it but the second time they went for 2 early in the third quarter, Bellville incurred a penalty that pushed them back 5 yards, and they still went for 2. I don't agree with that philosophy, but then that's just my opinion.

Anyway, it was a great game by two really good teams.

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 01:51 PM
KL3:
Well I've seen Sealy, La Grange, and Giddings, and none of those teams could beat Bellville.Well Sealy will get a shot for sure and maybe La Grange or Giddings depending upon a million factors. Could be we will find out. That would be good by me. :D