PDA

View Full Version : Huge if, but if Troy beats Rockdale, three-way tie

hotstuff
11-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Long shot, but if Troy (which has some pride to salvage after a hard-luck year) beats Rockdale, Caldwell's in the playoffs.

prouddad
11-03-2002, 10:29 PM
How does Caldwell boys have a chance. That would be so good for a bunch of hard working, never quitting kids. They would get a huge shot in the arm if this is true.

hotstuff
11-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Rockdale beat Caldwell by 17 (should've been 14, but clock-keeper stopped clock before half to allow them time to score a field goal).

If R'dale beats Troy, Rockdale is in playoffs (highly probable).

In the point system involving Troy and Rockdale and Caldwell, though, Caldwell has a +15 mathematically (-17 to R'dale and +32 vs. Troy). If Troy beats R'dale by fewer than 15 points, Caldwell is in. If Troy beats R'dale by more than 15, Troy is in (EXTREMELY unlikely). This is all hypothetical but Caldwell will have to beat Lorena on Friday, of course.

I know the freshman team was unbeaten last I heard, but not sure about JV. The program does look promising, though, I've heard.

CHS_Grad '85
11-04-2002, 09:59 AM
The JV team is unbeaten... the freshman lost their first game when they played Troy's JV team... by one point.

Playoff picture has lots of ifs... I think if we take care of business Friday night, the rest is in fates hands...

Go Hornets!!!!