PDA

View Full Version : What 3A schools are growing the fastest?

Cam
12-03-2012, 10:09 AM
In my neck of the woods, there seems to be alot of folks moving into the Hill country. Alot of talk about it on the radio. They mentioned Liberty Hill will grow the fastest being the closest to Austin. Burnet & Lampasas will follow. In my neighborhood we've seen 5 homes go up for sell in the last year(all retired folks). Younger families are buying these homes. One of them fellas brought 4 boys with him ages 9, 7, 5, and 1.
Also, with that new Scott & White hospital being built in Marble Falls that should bring in some families. Just in the last few weeks we've had three new kids that I know of (2 boys 1 girl) start school in my son's 7th grade. Shoot! All we need now is to build some fake telescope observatories and radar installations and we'll get the attention of them Stephenville UFO aliens...then they'll start bringin' in their own stud hybrid folks into our town too!...and off to 4A we go!....:D....Hope it don't happen too quickly....I moved here because of the small town atmosphere.....

So, what's going on in your neighborhood? Is it growing or shrinking?

Matthew328
12-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Liberty Hill and Frisco Lone Star would be the 2 3A's I'd peg as growing the most right now...Krum seems to be growing...Melissa and Kaufman are a couple of others I'd think were growing at a good rate

Bullaholic
12-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Just about any school in Collin Co.

Rabid Cougar
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
China Spring - two new subdivisions going in with 75+ homes. Not Collin County fast though.

Scoop27
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I expect Brookshire to grow as houses are being built since Katy is just down the road-The Falcons could move to 4A within 10 years.

I also see Sealy moving to 4A 15-20 years down the road

I'm pretty sure Stafford will remain in 3A since the city limits are small and can't expand

YTBulldogs
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I think LaVernia could go to 4A next alignment. Thanks to Eagle/Ford/Shale.

panfan
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Liberty Hill and Frisco Lone Star would be the 2 3A's I'd peg as growing the most right now...Krum seems to be growing...Melissa and Kaufman are a couple of others I'd think were growing at a good rate

Since it may end up that we may be in a division with Stephenville et al. in the future and be one of the smallest 3A schools in that division, LH is now strongly and actively recruiting from surrounding communities to fill up the new school next year so we can go straight to a middle enrollment numbers for 4A. We have enlisted Prime Preps's Deion Sanders to help us out with that process and will be bringing in a super secret, yet to be named head coach that will have parents paying off LH administrators to allow their stud athletes admissions to the new Program.

Aesculus gilmus
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Technically, you growing school districts are all going to go up to 5A. Those of us still in 3A will be called 4A.

greendawg84
12-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Since it may end up that we may be in a division with Stephenville et al. in the future and be one of the smallest 3A schools in that division, LH is now strongly and actively recruiting from surrounding communities to fill up the new school next year so we can go straight to a middle enrollment numbers for 4A. We have enlisted Prime Preps's Deion Sanders to help us out with that process and will be bringing in a super secret, yet to be named head coach that will have parents paying off LH administrators to allow their stud athletes admissions to the new Program.

There you go again , remind me to never tell you a secret ! And you guys are a subdivision of Leander .......

87 TIGER
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Here in Rockdale we are shrinking. 2008 we were at 550 or so, 2010 we dropped to 520, the current alignment was taken in oct. 2011 we had 464, but on the first day of school in sept we are down to 433. We are still feeling the effects of Alcoa closing a lot of move outs. The jr hi classes are about 90 kids each so next alignment we will be around 400-420. We will be 2a, or the new 3a

Twirling Time
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
A good way to see where schools are going is to look at the TEA numbers. Anna had about 550 enrolled in high school in the last alignment, but as of last October had 792 enrolled in the (elementary school) classes that will be counted by the UIL in 2020. You can tell the schools that are taking off by how much bigger the elementary grades are. That shows where young families are moving in.

Melissa and Celina are pretty much even throughout their grades. Celina is growing, but only by about 50 students every two years in the high school. The real growth won't kick in until the tollway is built out to there.

Grayson County is stagnant. The only school with any real growth happens to be the big one, Sherman. They'll be on the 5A bubble in just five years. All the other schools are treading water or dropping, and in Texas, if you're staying the same, you're falling behind everyone else. That is why there are no longer any 3A schools in Grayson County.

Twirling Time
12-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Found another one that's rocking in the lower grades, and this one surprises me:

Gainesville. Last year's senior class had 118 students, but there were 262 in first grade. By the time the snapshot for the 2020 realignment arrives, Gainesville could be close to going back to 4A with just a little additional growth.

LHPfactory
12-07-2012, 08:18 PM

Dang it im always the last to know.....

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I expect Brookshire to grow as houses are being built since Katy is just down the road-The Falcons could move to 4A within 10 years.

I also see Sealy moving to 4A 15-20 years down the road

I'm pretty sure Stafford will remain in 3A since the city limits are small and can't expandtitle says the fastest lol!!