PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Quarter-Final GotW: Bellville(10-3) Vs. Port Isabel(10-3)

Pages : [1] 2

Yoe_09
12-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Thoughts & Predictions?

OLE'BULL
12-02-2012, 01:02 AM
I take the Bulls again. They are on a roll and playing their best football right now. Beat up on an injured orange grove team tonight. Bulls by 2 TDs!

footballgal
12-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Tarpons in another nail bitter!

Gal

footballgal
12-02-2012, 01:14 AM
I take the Bulls again. They are on a roll and playing their best football right now. Beat up on an injured orange grove team tonight. Bulls by 2 TDs!

Here we go again echo in here. ;-)

Gal

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2012, 01:19 AM
The Bulls from Austin County!

Wow, we could have a Navasota/Bellville semifinal....

regaleagle
12-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Where's the game being played? We should know that on all games left.

whitelightning5
12-02-2012, 08:23 AM
The Bulls from Austin County!

Wow, we could have a Navasota/Bellville semifinal....

One week at a time. You better worry about WOS first. We have to get prepared to stop the run.

whitelightning5
12-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Where's the game being played? We should know that on all games left.

I just read....December 8th at 6:00 pm at Corpus Christi's Cabaniss Field.

whitelightning5
12-02-2012, 08:28 AM
I just read....December 8th at 6:00 pm at Corpus Christi's Cabaniss Field.

I dont know anything about the stadium....that said, I just Googled the field and the only results that came up were showing Cabaniss as a baseball field. So dont trust me on that field location. The date, time and Corpus do sound about right....as this is about mid-way for both.

Red Bull
12-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Bellville will be ready. They have survived the last few weeks vs powerhouses like Sealy, Cuero and Wimberly. They are playing with such confidence and the coaches will have them ready. Bellville 35-21.

speedbump
12-02-2012, 09:23 AM
I dont know anything about the stadium....that said, I just Googled the field and the only results that came up were showing Cabaniss as a baseball field. So dont trust me on that field location. The date, time and Corpus do sound about right....as this is about mid-way for both.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=204#.ULtkLoPok2c

whitelightning5
12-02-2012, 10:03 AM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=204#.ULtkLoPok2c

Great....thanks.

footballgal
12-02-2012, 11:25 AM
It's been renovated now it has turf. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/banu3a9a.jpg only problem that it only seats like 9500

SintonFan_inAustin
12-02-2012, 11:42 AM
It's been renovated now it has turf. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/banu3a9a.jpg only problem that it only seats like 9500 Buc Stadium must not had been available that would be the best option as far as seating goes.

lbjacj
12-02-2012, 11:43 AM
It's been renovated now it has turf. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/03/banu3a9a.jpg only problem that it only seats like 9500

Better get there early!! SRO!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Go Tarpons!

What? Cabaniss? That's TOTALLY not going to hold the crowd Port Isabel is going to bring. Considering we're the last RGV team standing we may easily be bringing 10k to the game.

Buc Stadium would have been better, but if it wasn't available then Javelina Stadium in Kingsville would have been a much better option as it has a much better capacity.

footballgal
12-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Oh well it will be enough for the Port Isabel Community

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Oh well it will be enough for the Port Isabel Community

True, but you know full well there's going to be tons of others from the RGV going to the game. PI side will be completely full, and if Bellville doesn't fill up their side, then the RGV will fill it up for them. That's how we roll, people!

Inmateboss
12-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Gotta go with the Tarpons in this one!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

XMan
12-02-2012, 07:34 PM
The 'ville by 3 TDs, then Nasty Soda by 4 tds the following week.

Dowork
12-02-2012, 07:54 PM
The 'ville by 3 TDs, then Nasty Soda by 4 tds the following week.

Are you high? if bellville wins this week, they wont beat them by 4tds. obviously you havent seen bellville play or know anything about football.

Pudlugger
12-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Bellville is playing great football and has the wind at their backs. Brahmas will win this one and go to the semis where things get a little rougher for them. Too bad Gonzales crumped in Smithville in game 10 ruining my hopes for a Lep/Bellville classic. Go Brahmas!

Cam
12-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Keep it goin' Tarpons!!.....Good luck from the Burnet Hill Country!.....Go PSJA!...Oh wait....the Bears had a horrible season & didn't make the playoffs!....nevermind da Bears....:D

OLE'BULL
12-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Here we go again echo in here. ;-)

Gal

Not sure what you mean by that, but now, I will add another TD and a field goal. Bulls by 24...

Grahamcheerdad
12-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Bulls by 7

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Not sure what you mean by that

It's a Port Isabel thing, you wouldn't understand.

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Enough of this nonsense....lets get some facts rolling. Can anyone give me some stats on PI? I know they like to run the ball. What formations do they use? How big is the OL (I would assume pretty large)? Any stud RBs that I should be looking out for?

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Oh, I understand, you never think you get the credit or attention you think you deserve.

OLE'BULL
12-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Oh, sounds really cool.

footballgal
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Oh, I understand, you never think you get the credit or attention you think you deserve.

Not quite, but okay sure why not lol
What I was refereing to is that against Navarro, it was predicted PI would lose by 2 Tds too.... hence the ECHO ;)

Ranger354
12-03-2012, 12:07 PM
If I wasn't going to a Christmas party for my wife's office at a fancy place I might go to this game. PI in a slugfest......

footballgal
12-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Enough of this nonsense....lets get some facts rolling. Can anyone give me some stats on PI? I know they like to run the ball. What formations do they use? How big is the OL (I would assume pretty large)? Any stud RBs that I should be looking out for?
Okay let me start On offense

#9 Isaiah Martinez, QB
Quick and Shifty runs the offense well, he is like an extra back, as he can run but will pass effectively when needed. and most importantly reads he D well
#7 Javier Vela, RB536
Big back with some wheels on him and strong runner and playmaker. Vs Navarro game, 210 yards 2 TDs including 2 point conversion pass
#24 Jacob Losoya, RB
leading rusher on the team, 1k yard rusher in the regular season, smaller back with good speed (stepped in and up while #22 injured)
#22 Juan Aguilera, RB 535
last years premier runner, until he got hurt early in the season came back about 6 games ago. Very trong, keeps his feet moving and can move a pile with good speed out in the open.
#21 J Gonzalez RB, newcomer with VERY good speed, only needs a wedge and hits the holes quickly once hitting the hole its a track meet. but is a backup runner
#3 Mike Curry and #20 Andrew Holland WR with very good hands not to many yards due to PI being a running team, but when PI goes to the air they are sure hands
O line BIG and strong #63 #76 to name a couple

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Not quite, but okay sure why not lol
What I was refereing to is that against Navarro, it was predicted PI would lose by 2 Tds too.... hence the ECHO ;)

Well, I picked PI to beat Navarro in the poll, so the RGV victim stuff doesn't work with me. lol!

OLE'BULL
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Okay let me start On offense

#9 Isaiah Martinez, QB
Quick and Shifty runs the offense well, he is like an extra back, as he can run but will pass effectively when needed. and most importantly reads he D well
#7 Javier Vela, RB536
Big back with some wheels on him and strong runner and playmaker. Vs Navarro game, 210 yards 2 TDs including 2 point conversion pass
#24 Jacob Losoya, RB
leading rusher on the team, 1k yard rusher in the regular season, smaller back with good speed (stepped in and up while #22 injured)
#22 Juan Aguilera, RB 535
last years premier runner, until he got hurt early in the season came back about 6 games ago. Very trong, keeps his feet moving and can move a pile with good speed out in the open.
#21 J Gonzalez RB, newcomer with VERY good speed, only needs a wedge and hits the holes quickly once hitting the hole its a track meet. but is a backup runner
#3 Mike Curry and #20 Andrew Holland WR with very good hands not to many yards due to PI being a running team, but when PI goes to the air they are sure hands
O line BIG and strong #63 #76 to name a couple

It may have already been mentioned in a previous thread, but what kind of formation do they operate out of on offense? Defense?

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 12:35 PM
It may have already been mentioned in a previous thread, but what kind of formation do they operate out of on offense? Defense?

That would be good to know.

As of now, the teams sound like mirror images of each other.

rico
12-03-2012, 12:39 PM
PI runs a 4-3 defense. Linemen aren't very big but they are quick, as a matter
of fact the whole team isn't very big. PI relies more on agility, heart and a never
give up attitude.

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
of fact the whole team isn't very big. PI relies more on agility, heart and a never
give up attitude.

This should be exciting. Bellville isnt overly huge either. We have a few big guys, but mostly smaller, quicker athletes.

Red Bull
12-03-2012, 12:48 PM
give up attitude.

Every team in high school football could say the latter sentence. The ones that win championships have size and athletic ability to go along with all of the intangibles. These teams are both probably playing their best football right now. This should be a good one. Can't wait!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2012, 12:50 PM

Not at all, sir. It's a reference to us (Port Isabel) constantly being underestimated over and over again. Us PI fans, when we see/hear things like that, we all just look at each other and *sigh*

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Not at all, sir. It's a reference to us (Port Isabel) constantly being underestimated over and over again. Us PI fans, when we see/hear things like that, we all just look at each other and *sigh*

Well, I picked PI to beat Navarro in the poll, so the RGV victim stuff doesn't work with me. lol!

Don't worry, we get the same thing.

It should be a great game!

The Bull #40
12-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Looking forward to making the trip to CC although it's quite a haul from Bellville. I watched a little of the PI/Navarro film that someone posted on here. Y'all have some pretty decent RBs but not a very big or strong looking defense, which could cost y'all against our running game. Unfortunately for PI the Brahmas are starting to play their best ball as of late and that means trouble for whoever we're playing from here on out. Once again, as I've been saying every week of the playoffs, we're going to run it all over y'all until you load the box, then start passing for TDs like we did against Orange Grove. I'm gooing to "underestimate" PI and say the Brahmas light up the scoreboard once again and our RBs have a field day. BULLS WIN 42-21.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

pirate4state
12-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I wish this game were at Buc stadium. It is going to be super packed at Cabiness on Saturday! Port Isabel damn near filled up the Calallen home side on Saturday. Congrats to both teams for making it this far. May the best team win!

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 01:50 PM
I wish this game were at Buc stadium. It is going to be super packed at Cabiness on Saturday! Port Isabel damn near filled up the Calallen home side on Saturday. Congrats to both teams for making it this far. May the best team win!

Who is the home team this week?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not too sure on that, but if I had to wager a guess, PI will be the home team.

Bull's-eye
12-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Watching their last game, PI is primarily a running team. I believe they will match up better against the Bellville defense than a passing team like Orange Grove. They will try to grind the ball down field & won't be prone to throw the ball into the teeth of the Bellville defense. The Brahma defense has been winning the turnover battle, especially with interceptions, so don't look for PI to help in that department. The Bellville defense is not very big, so they must continue to tackle well & not allow the big plays. With PI being more one dimensional, Bellville will be able to stack the box against the run. PI must do their best to control the clock & protect the ball. Keeping the ball away from the potent Bellville offense is a must.

On defense, it looked like Navarro had no problem running outside on the Tarpons. Also, I don't think they had a passing attack to soften PI's defense. Bellville is very tough when they get that slot-t clicking, especially when it allows them to set up the big pass plays. I think Bellville has too much fire power for the PI defense and will win this game.

footballgal
12-03-2012, 02:27 PM

Cabiness is smaller or bigger than Calallen home side?

pirate4state
12-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Cabiness is smaller or bigger than Calallen home side?

It seems smaller, but I honestly can't remember. The visitor section of Cabiness is a joke!

footballgal
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM
It seems smaller, but I honestly can't remember. The visitor section of Cabiness is a joke!

Nice surprise seems as Cabiness (9500) has more capacity then Calallen (8230)

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM

Can you elaborate on that? What do you mean it's a joke?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2012, 03:15 PM
I've only been to that stadium once, but if its the same one I'm thinking of, the visitor side stands are not very tall. They are wide though, but not tall.

Isn't this the stadium where Tuloso Midway plays at?

pirate4state
12-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Can you elaborate on that? What do you mean it's a joke?

For a field that plays host to 5A schools it is not very big. I believe it stretches from EZ to EZ but it doesn't go up very high. It is bigger than Calallen's visitor section though if that helps.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2012, 03:50 PM
I've only been to that stadium once, but if its the same one I'm thinking of, the visitor side stands are not very tall. They are wide though, but not tall.

Isn't this the stadium where Tuloso Midway plays at?Nope, TM has their own field and not part of corpus christi school district. This field is for the Corpus Christi schools with the exception of CC Miller and thier home is Buc Stadium.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
oops double post

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Nope, TM has their own field and not part of corpus christi school district. This field is for the Corpus Christi schools with the exception of CC Miller and thier home is Buc Stadium.

With it being such a long drive, I dont see seating being a problem for the Bellville fans. If everyone in Bellville shows up, that is only around 3500, but I expect family, friends and followers to join the action. From what I've heard on here, PI and the surrounding region will back the Tarpons and the stadium won't be large enough.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Watching their last game, PI is primarily a running team. I believe they will match up better against the Bellville defense than a passing team like Orange Grove. They will try to grind the ball down field & won't be prone to throw the ball into the teeth of the Bellville defense. The Brahma defense has been winning the turnover battle, especially with interceptions, so don't look for PI to help in that department. The Bellville defense is not very big, so they must continue to tackle well & not allow the big plays. With PI being more one dimensional, Bellville will be able to stack the box against the run. PI must do their best to control the clock & protect the ball. Keeping the ball away from the potent Bellville offense is a must.

On defense, it looked like Navarro had no problem running outside on the Tarpons. Also, I don't think they had a passing attack to soften PI's defense. Bellville is very tough when they get that slot-t clicking, especially when it allows them to set up the big pass plays. I think Bellville has too much fire power for the PI defense and will win this game.Stacking the box works but then PI will sneak in a pass and they seem to be pretty good at passing. The potential is there for them to pass but they rely on pounding the football til the defense stacks the line.

Bellville will face a pretty good defense especially from the defensive line of PI. They'll bend some but pretty good in stopping offenses from finishing off drives with touchdowns.

This game i think comes down to how well PI offense does against Bellville defense. PI defense will do ok against Bellville offense.

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Stacking the box works but then PI will sneak in a pass and they seem to be pretty good at passing. The potential is there for them to pass but they rely on pounding the football til the defense stacks the line.

Bellville will face a pretty good defense especially from the defensive line of PI. They'll bend some but pretty good in stopping offenses from finishing off drives with touchdowns.

This game i think comes down to how well PI offense does against Bellville defense. PI defense will do ok against Bellville offense.

Are you discounting the Bellville offense or are you just thinking the PI defense is that tough?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-03-2012, 05:03 PM
With it being such a long drive, I dont see seating being a problem for the Bellville fans. If everyone in Bellville shows up, that is only around 3500, but I expect family, friends and followers to join the action. From what I've heard on here, PI and the surrounding region will back the Tarpons and the stadium won't be large enough.

When there is only 1 RGV team left, the entire RGV will support and follow that one single team. That being said, last week we nearly filled the Calallen home side stands with JUST PI fans alone with a few from other places scattered around, but not much. I saw some Raymondville, Los Fresnos, and Harlingen people but not too many. This week, however, now that its just PI left, everyone will come.

So don't be too surprised if you see the home side completely full and whatever is left empty on the Bellville side will be filled up with PI supporters.

That's why this stadium was a poor choice. CC Buc Stadium, or Javelina Stadium in Kingsville would have been much better options.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Are you discounting the Bellville offense or are you just thinking the PI defense is that tough?I think that they're good enough to keep teams out of the end zone for most of the game and yes Sinton offense was good and so was Navarro, two different styles and still held them to mid 20's and that is where i think Bellville will score so i'll be up to how PI offense does against Bellville defense, which should be the best defense they will face up to this point.

Dowork
12-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Bellvilles offense didnt even play there best football against OG and still put up 42.i think if the brahmas come out and play the way they are capable of then this shouldn't be a close game.I think playing wimberley and cuero and those big backs that both those teams had will help prepare the Brahamas for this game.the Brahamas d has only allowed 20 points during the playoffs! PI got a taste of the Brahamas O against Navarro but Bellvilles offense I sway more multiple and a better passing team then Navarro.

SintonFan
12-03-2012, 07:26 PM
No prediction here. I bet it will be a pretty good game! I can't disappoint either the brahmas or tarpons. So i'll pish off both with my non-prediction. ;)

SintonFan
12-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Double rainbow?

OLE'BULL
12-03-2012, 08:27 PM
No prediction here. I bet it will be a pretty good game! I can't disappoint either the brahmas or tarpons. So i'll pish off both with my non-prediction. ;)

Come on sintonfan!?!? You know you're a brahma fan at heart!

McHi
12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
:tisk: I believe this will be a good game no matter who wins. The only thing that really matter is who want this game the most. I have heard offense vs. defense, size vs. size, speed vs. speed, and the valley vs. upstate and etc. At this level the teams must be pretty good to be in the 4th round, so please be very glad that your school is there to represent your 3(A) district. Port Isabel is not a fancy or flashy ball club, but they are very sound and very solid. If they have a weakness it is their penalties both on defense and offense. Port Isabel is a hard nose smash mouth football team, and at times will leave you with a ringing headache. Port Isabel has played teams from Bellville area such as Sealy, but it has been awhile. As some of Port Isabel fans have stated the Rio Grande Valley does step in and support local valley teams that advance into the playoffs. Since they are the last standing team from the valley their crowd will be pretty large. One other note it has been stated that this will be Port Isabel toughest test to date, remember Port Isabel played one 5(A) team that advance into the Class 5(A) Playoffs, and beat another 5(A) team in their first scrimmage of the year by (60 + points) and that is being nice. What I do know is the game is played on the field and not on a keyboard, so I cannot give a prediction. As a supporter of McHi Football program + tax payer I wish the Tarpons the best of luck from all the McHi fans. Now Port Isabel go out there and leave it on the field. :spitlol:

hookandladder
12-04-2012, 08:26 AM
This season reminds me of our 2009 season, Bellville will win this game by 2 or 3 Td's. Next week will be a whole new experience, competition goes up two levels but who cares about next week right now. Bulls win and continue a great season.

pancho villa
12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
I bet there has been some beer drunk by the women of Bellville the last few weeks.

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 09:34 AM
This season reminds me of our 2009 season, Bellville will win this game by 2 or 3 Td's. Next week will be a whole new experience, competition goes up two levels but who cares about next week right now. Bulls win and continue a great season.

We need to take it one week at time. It has been a fun ride so far. Another week of this would be a lot of fun.

hookandladder
12-04-2012, 09:40 AM
We need to take it one week at time. It has been a fun ride so far. Another week of this would be a lot of fun.

I understand the one week at a time, enjoy it while you can. I think most felt that whoever came out of our first round playoffs would go a long way, Damn them big schools in our District. Just saying, We starting baseball. Just the way it sometimes works out, Good Luck to the Bulls.

speedbump
12-04-2012, 10:04 AM
I understand the one week at a time, enjoy it while you can. I think most felt that whoever came out of our first round playoffs would go a long way, Damn them big schools in our District. Just saying, We starting baseball. Just the way it sometimes works out, Good Luck to the Bulls.

If you could beat the lil school with the green hats you might still be playing.

Bull's-eye
12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Can anybody give us a run down on the PI opponents? I noticed that they lost to Raymondville 19-13, barely defeated a 3-7 Grulla team 13-7 & gave up 28 points to a 3-7 La Feria. I guess their biggest win of the year would be defeating Navarro.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-04-2012, 10:38 AM
One loss was legit, to 5A Brownsville Veterans by 3. But we sustained several injuries including our starting QB. The Raymondville loss and the "barely" win over La Grulla were with multiple backups playing.

La Feria, despite their record, had a great offense but their defense was terrible at best. And the loss to Hidalgo was PI just laying a giant goose egg. One of those nights. But we were not 100% full strength until the Rio Hondo game in Week 9. That was the game where this team showed their full potential and they've only gotten better from there.

hookandladder
12-04-2012, 10:55 AM
If you could beat the lil school with the green hats you might still be playing.

That game meant nothing as far as the playoff seeds, GZ or Giddings had to win. We are the 3rd biggest school behind them two, Cuero beat GZ so even at 2-3 Cuero goes. It is what it is, make no excues . Just saying.

SintonFan
12-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Come on sintonfan!?!? You know you're a brahma fan at heart!

lol
We have some history with PI, too. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2012, 11:01 AM
lol
We have some history with PI, too. ;)Sinton 1-1 against Bellville and 1-2 against Port Isabel.

bird_fan
12-04-2012, 11:18 AM
im picking the Bull to win and D25 sweeping region 4

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 11:21 AM
im picking the Bull to win and D25 sweeping region 4

I sure hope you're right. Good luck this week.

footballgal
12-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Can anybody give us a run down on the PI opponents? I noticed that they lost to Raymondville 19-13, barely defeated a 3-7 Grulla team 13-7 & gave up 28 points to a 3-7 La Feria. I guess their biggest win of the year would be defeating Navarro.

All that don't really matter and you can throw it out the window because in the playoff for PI it's just TARPON TIME!

SintonFan
12-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Sinton 1-1 against Bellville and 1-2 against Port Isabel.

See OleBull?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-04-2012, 11:43 AM
All that don't really matter and you can throw it out the window because in the playoff for PI it's just TARPON TIME!

Yeah! What she said!

rojosgirl
12-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm gonna have to go with my ol' friend Stump and his boys from the valley. GO TARPONS!

:clap:

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Does anyone know who the home team is? I need to know if I can get there at 5 or if I need to plan on spending the night in the parking lot. From the way it sounds, all PI or RGV supporters will be hawking seats on either side.

Red Bull
12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Port Isabel is the home team. Most of the time they keep sides seperate to prevent any issues, but if stadium is full like it sounds like it will be, then they will let overflow onto both sides where seating is available right before game time. Should make for a fun, exciting atmosphere.

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Port Isabel is the home team. Most of the time they keep sides seperate to prevent any issues, but if stadium is full like it sounds like it will be, then they will let overflow onto both sides where seating is available right before game time. Should make for a fun, exciting atmosphere.

I may make a weekend out of it. Head to Port Aransas for some fishing and Crazy Cajun.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2012, 01:27 PM
See OleBull?

Fair enough! :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
I would highly recommend any Bellville fans going to the game to get there extra early on game day. Throw a tailgate party or something. You will need to get your seats on the visitor side quickly otherwise once the home side fills up, the RGV fans will start moving to the other side and you'll want to be in your seats, otherwise you may be SRO peeps or worse, having to watch from outside the fence.

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 01:42 PM
I would highly recommend any Bellville fans going to the game to get there extra early on game day. Throw a tailgate party or something. You will need to get your seats on the visitor side quickly otherwise once the home side fills up, the RGV fans will start moving to the other side and you'll want to be in your seats, otherwise you may be SRO peeps or worse, having to watch from outside the fence.

When we played in Round Rock, a few weeks back, traffic impacted most Bellville fans and we were late to the game. If something like this happens this week, we may have to watch from the outside.

pirate4state
12-04-2012, 02:06 PM

Cabiness won't let them come over without first allowing Bellville folks their seats.

pirate4state
12-04-2012, 02:07 PM
When we played in Round Rock, a few weeks back, traffic impacted most Bellville fans and we were late to the game. If something like this happens this week, we may have to watch from the outside.

On a Saturday??

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 02:36 PM
On a Saturday??

It was on a Friday night, but mostly caused by construction.

OLE'BULL
12-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Cabiness won't let them come over without first allowing Bellville folks their seats.

Thats what I was thinking. If you have a bunch of Austin County folk drive 4 hours to watch their Brahmas, and they dont get in b/c the visitors are occcupying their seats, god help you, and the Tarpon fans... :flaming:

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Thats what I was thinking. If you have a bunch of Austin County folk drive 4 hours to watch their Brahmas, and they dont get in b/c the visitors are occcupying their seats, god help you, and the Tarpon fans... :flaming:

You mess with the Bulls....you get tha...........

rico
12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
You mess with the Bulls....you get tha...........
Sticks and Stones may break my Bones but Words will never hurt me or
THE TARPONS!

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Sticks and Stones may break my Bones but Words will never hurt me or
THE TARPONS!

HAHAHAHA.....Classic.

rico
12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Looking forward to a good game between PI and Bellville. The Bulls look pretty
impressive on film. I have a feeling whichever team makes the least mistakes
will come out victorious.
GO TARPONS!

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Looking forward to a good game between PI and Bellville. The Bulls look pretty
impressive on film. I have a feeling whichever team makes the least mistakes
will come out victorious.
GO TARPONS!

Here's to a good one....

Bull's-eye
12-04-2012, 05:43 PM
One loss was legit, to 5A Brownsville Veterans by 3. But we sustained several injuries including our starting QB. The Raymondville loss and the "barely" win over La Grulla were with multiple backups playing.

La Feria, despite their record, had a great offense but their defense was terrible at best. And the loss to Hidalgo was PI just laying a giant goose egg. One of those nights. But we were not 100% full strength until the Rio Hondo game in Week 9. That was the game where this team showed their full potential and they've only gotten better from there.

Thanks for the info! Bellville started the year with a couple of keys players fighting injuries. The QB missed all of last year & was still not a 100% when the season started. Our speed back played, but clearly didn't have his usual burst & quickness. IMO, Bellville has become a much better team primarily because of the improved QB play. Finally healthy, he has been a threat running & throwing the ball.

SintonFan
12-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Go Bull Tarpons!!!!!

rico
12-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Go Bull Tarpons!!!!!
Sounds like a good compromise to me!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2012, 09:11 PM

sounds like a prize fish

McHi
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
http://956sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/sack.jpg :vrycnfsd:

BrahmaMom
12-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Fired up for this game and looking forward to watching two good teams battle it out. Rowe took care of a lot of penalties prior to last week's game. I think he'll have his players ready to stampede. I feel a Red Storm brewing...GO BRAHMAS, tame the Tarpons!

Gone Fishing
12-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Manso and a few others, I said I would'nt go away. I'm a WT homer and you know it. WT's going into the Bellville game knew that if we could get by ya'll we would be playing in the semis again. We just didn't have the the whole team this year and the best team won, although I believe we could win one out of three from you guys. I talked to some of the "main" players after a few days after the game, and said to them , "ya'll could have beat Bellville"!!! And they all said with out hesitation Bellville is a really good team. I, as a homer think it should have been a 14-14 overtime game, But with that all said and I am a HS football junkie, there is no doubt that this game is as easy as last week for ya'll. PI has no chance. Bellville will run all over these poor boys as WT's would have too. Bellville ya'll enjoy and you deserve to be right there right now, it is fun for sure, the only problem is it will end next week. Navasota will win State. Good luck against them and I will pull for you, but it just aint going to happen. PS, I really like a few of your players and wish them luck at the next level.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-04-2012, 09:46 PM
manso and a few others, i said i would'nt go away. I'm a wt homer and you know it. Wt's going into the bellville game knew that if we could get by ya'll we would be playing in the semis again. We just didn't have the the whole team this year and the best team won, although i believe we could win one out of three from you guys. I talked to some of the "main" players after a few days after the game, and said to them , "ya'll could have beat bellville"!!! And they all said with out hesitation bellville is a really good team. I, as a homer think it should have been a 14-14 overtime game, but with that all said and i am a hs football junkie, there is no doubt that this game is as easy as last week for ya'll. Pi has no chance. Bellville will run all over these poor boys as wt's would have too. Bellville ya'll enjoy and you deserve to be right there right now, it is fun for sure, the only problem is it will end next week. Navasota will win state. Good luck against them and i will pull for you, but it just aint going to happen. Ps, i really like a few of your players and wish them luck at the next level.

lol!!!

lbjacj
12-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Manso and a few others, I said I would'nt go away. I'm a WT homer and you know it. WT's going into the Bellville game knew that if we could get by ya'll we would be playing in the semis again. We just didn't have the the whole team this year and the best team won, although I believe we could win one out of three from you guys. I talked to some of the "main" players after a few days after the game, and said to them , "ya'll could have beat Bellville"!!! And they all said with out hesitation Bellville is a really good team. I, as a homer think it should have been a 14-14 overtime game, But with that all said and I am a HS football junkie, there is no doubt that this game is as easy as last week for ya'll. PI has no chance. Bellville will run all over these poor boys as WT's would have too. Bellville ya'll enjoy and you deserve to be right there right now, it is fun for sure, the only problem is it will end next week. Navasota will win State. Good luck against them and I will pull for you, but it just aint going to happen. PS, I really like a few of your players and wish them luck at the next level.

:thumbsup:

footballgal
12-04-2012, 10:29 PM

I thought you were GONE fishing?! Lol

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 10:33 PM

GF - appreciate the support. I think at this time of year, all the teams are good, and you can't take any of them likely. Our first round was against Cuero and they were good, the second round against WT was a huge test that I am glad we got past with the win, Orange Grove showed flashes of strength, but with their starting QB injured, it was tough for them to compete with the system they run. In all of those games, mistakes, turnovers, and our ability or fortune to capitalize on those mistakes is why we came away with the W. In the first three rounds, our opponents got to the red zone multiple times without being able to punch it in. For sure, the score and/or outcome of our game against WT could of been different if it weren't for some key plays. At this point, it is not as much about the strength of the teams, but how well they play. I think we can beat Port Isabel, but I certainly wouldn't predict that we run all over them. We have to play good football and I think the challenges are going to be a little different. We will have to earn the win, just like we did against Cuero and WT. In this game, I am pretty sure there won't be much discussion about the wisdom of a passing play on 3rd or 4th and short, because they are going to run right at us, and we have to be able to stop them!

I want to take it one week at a time and get by this round. If we do, I sure hope we face Navasota, because if there is one thing the Brahmas know how to do, it is beat Navasota. For now, we are gonna focus on beating the Tarpons!

McHi
12-04-2012, 11:34 PM
:tisk: Port Isabel and Orange Grove are two very different teams. I had heard that Orange Grove throws the ball quite a bit and did have a very good QB. Port Isabel is a running team but can throw and throw well. Port Isabel has 8 different running backs and as far as I have seen they use most of them. They are an average size team but at times can be agressive. They have played and schrimmaged several large 5(A) schools. Brownsville Vet. which went to the 5(A) playoff only beat Port Isabel by a field goal and almost lost the game to them. Brownsville Pace schrimmaged Port Isabel and got blown off the field + 60 points. According to ibjacj, Wimberley and Bellville will simply run all over these poor Port Isabel team. Well I know I am amazed to hear that since Wimberley barley beat Navarro 21 to 20 and in fact one of your own players who has posted on the Navarro game stated your were out played by them. I have stated clearly that I do not know who will win because the game has not been played. What I do know is that stats, games against other teams will not decide the outcome. What will decide the outcome is who wants it the worst, and is willing to play their guts out to get the win. It seems everyone is talking about Navasota but their game has not been played and I am sure that WSO may have something to say about that. When I hear this kind of stuff I know that you must be young. I just bet the coaches of each team are not going to take each other so lightly. Regardless who wins or losses, we should be proud of these kids on both teams as they have made a commitment to get to this level. No one sees the day to day hard work that these kids do to give you that 2 hour thrill and to suffer the bumps, bruses and sometime worse that come with the game. :vrycnfsd:

Dowork
12-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Bellville has yet to play a complete game this postseason, which is really scarey. I hoping that i comes this week though. and for all you wimberely texans yall are very lucky the score wasnt worse then what it was. If bellville hadnt shot its self in the foot on the first two drives the score would have been a lot worse. Bellville probably should have hung another 21 on yall (2tds at the beginning, and one at the end). Port Isabel is a very good team that plays very hard. they remind of el campo in size, just not as athletic. With no disrespect to PI, i think if the brahmas come out and play good football, then this shouldnt be close, but like i said bellville has yet to play a complete game so who knows.

Manso/V8
12-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Bellville has yet to play a complete game this postseason, which is really scarey. I hoping that i comes this week though. and for all you wimberely texans yall are very lucky the score wasnt worse then what it was. If bellville hadnt shot its self in the foot on the first two drives the score would have been a lot worse. Bellville probably should have hung another 21 on yall (2tds at the beginning, and one at the end). Port Isabel is a very good team that plays very hard. they remind of el campo in size, just not as athletic. With no disrespect to PI, i think if the brahmas come out and play good football, then this shouldnt be close, but like i said bellville has yet to play a complete game so who knows.

We are fortunate Wimberley didn't put more on the board against us.

footballgod
12-05-2012, 12:05 AM
hi yall. I used to post on here back in the day under the same username. This reminds me a lot of 2003, PI came in vs. Ranked and loaded Altair Rice without a chance. many fans and players themselves came out with racist jokes and a slap in the face to the Tarpons saying these 'wetbacks are gonna go swimming back to Mexico' (reportedly told to PI LB by one of the Bellville D-lineman recently). Not trying to appear mad or a complainer, the nasty remarks are appreciated (not speaking to you guys) and play in to these boys favor come Saturday. Just like Navarro last week, get ready to see some Port Isabel magic this weekend.
Tarpons by 5

Dowork
12-05-2012, 12:11 AM
We are fortunate Wimberley didn't put more on the board against us.

I wouldnt say that because wimeberly didnt shoot themselves in the foot like bellvilles offense did. Bellvilles defense made some great plays to keep them out of the endzone just like they did agianst OG with those two picks in the redzone. that has been the mentality of bellvilles defenese. they really rise up when teams get near the endzone

Tejastrue
12-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Dowork..you guys have a great team. We've been a little spoiled here in Wimberley land the past few years so it's a little harder to accept that we are out this early, especially for those that bleed the Texan colors. A lot of us live and die the season with the players/coaches/community for many different reasons. There are those on here that have trouble comprehending that fact. It is time however to put it to rest. At least for now. Thanks Manso. Your response is appreciated but let's not allow the thread to go this direction. Both Bellville and Port Isabel have earned their day in the sun. Best of luck to both teams but I'm a Brahma fan the remainder of their season..however long that may last.

hookandladder
12-05-2012, 07:19 AM

The bottom line is that the best team ( Bellville) is doing their talking on the field while others want to win it on some board, Bellville will win this game going away. Ex. Region 3 team takes care of Region 4 , Bellville by 2 , 3 or 4 Td's.

OLE'BULL
12-05-2012, 10:02 AM
hi yall. I used to post on here back in the day under the same username. This reminds me a lot of 2003, PI came in vs. Ranked and loaded Altair Rice without a chance. many fans and players themselves came out with racist jokes and a slap in the face to the Tarpons saying these 'wetbacks are gonna go swimming back to Mexico' (reportedly told to PI LB by one of the Bellville D-lineman recently). Not trying to appear mad or a complainer, the nasty remarks are appreciated (not speaking to you guys) and play in to these boys favor come Saturday. Just like Navarro last week, get ready to see some Port Isabel magic this weekend.
Tarpons by 5

So you are saying that this week, a Bellville player told that to a PI player? Please elaborate. This should be comical. What? Did he take the 8-9 drive down there just to say that? Call him up? How did this go down and what are your sources. Before you make accusatory statements about high school kids, make sure they are true.

YTBulldogs
12-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Tarpons by 5

Not the racist stuff now.:tisk:

Bull's-eye
12-05-2012, 10:12 AM
hi yall. I used to post on here back in the day under the same username. This reminds me a lot of 2003, PI came in vs. Ranked and loaded Altair Rice without a chance. many fans and players themselves came out with racist jokes and a slap in the face to the Tarpons saying these 'wetbacks are gonna go swimming back to Mexico' (reportedly told to PI LB by one of the Bellville D-lineman recently).

Don't lump us in with those Rice players & fans in 2003. I don't know how one of our D-lineman would of even had a chance to talk to one of your LB's, sounds like a bunch of BS to fire up the Tarpons.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Tarpons by 5

I really doubt that happened. Although the taunting from Rice Cons. WAS true (I witnessed it firsthand) I doubt in this case that any Bellville players did the same thing.

Bull's-eye
12-05-2012, 10:31 AM
I think some one is trying to fire up their team. I remember a story about a rubber snake & a note that said Navasota was going to destroy Bellville. Supposedly, one of Bellville's biggest fans (Aka Red Mustache) was behind all this to fire up the Brahmas. BrahmaMom & some of my Navasota friends might of heard this story.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Ok I take back what I said. It IS true that one of the Bellville players is trash talking PI players on Twitter.

footballgod
12-05-2012, 11:59 AM
It's not the 70s, am I driving 8-9 hours to talk to you right now? Like I said i'm not blaming or angry at anyone, just stating quoted facts told to a family member of mine on the team. I personally couldn't care less, its just a fair warning

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2012, 12:05 PM
social media, this goes on everywhere. kids will talk stuff on facebook or twitter. kind of like releasing your true feelings.

Red&White_9x5
12-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Bellville 35
Port I 13

garciap77
12-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Tarpons in this one!!!

OLE'BULL
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Ok I take back what I said. It IS true that one of the Bellville players is trash talking PI players on Twitter.

And he is being a racist? Or just razzing him about the game? If his comments are directed towards race, then someone needs to shut his ass up immediately. Thats not the way Brahma Football rolls. I imagine Rowe will get wind of this and then, god help the kid. Hopefully it is just harmless banter...

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 02:10 PM

That's classic....love the respect for both sides.

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I think some one is trying to fire up their team. I remember a story about a rubber snake & a note that said Navasota was going to destroy Bellville. Supposedly, one of Bellville's biggest fans (Aka Red Mustache) was behind all this to fire up the Brahmas. BrahmaMom & some of my Navasota friends might of heard this story.

We sure miss Red Mustache... I could see him doing something like that... Hilarious!

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
GF - appreciate the support. I think at this time of year, all the teams are good, and you can't take any of them likely. Our first round was against Cuero and they were good, the second round against WT was a huge test that I am glad we got past with the win, Orange Grove showed flashes of strength, but with their starting QB injured, it was tough for them to compete with the system they run. In all of those games, mistakes, turnovers, and our ability or fortune to capitalize on those mistakes is why we came away with the W. In the first three rounds, our opponents got to the red zone multiple times without being able to punch it in. For sure, the score and/or outcome of our game against WT could of been different if it weren't for some key plays. At this point, it is not as much about the strength of the teams, but how well they play. I think we can beat Port Isabel, but I certainly wouldn't predict that we run all over them. We have to play good football and I think the challenges are going to be a little different. We will have to earn the win, just like we did against Cuero and WT. In this game, I am pretty sure there won't be much discussion about the wisdom of a passing play on 3rd or 4th and short, because they are going to run right at us, and we have to be able to stop them!

I want to take it one week at a time and get by this round. If we do, I sure hope we face Navasota, because if there is one thing the Brahmas know how to do, it is beat Navasota. For now, we are gonna focus on beating the Tarpons!

Navasota vs Bellville is always a good matchup.. I am not sure why we don't play on a yearly basis...

footballgal
12-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Go Bull Tarpons!!!!!

http://956sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/sack.jpg BULL TARPON :vrycnfsd:

sounds like a prize fish

BULL TARPON Haha! :D

44INAROW
12-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Tarpons by 5

please don't come on here with 'supposed racist comments' that gets old REAL QUICK.. and if it was on Twitter - who really knows WHO is doing the talking? but leave it off this site please

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 02:28 PM
And he is being a racist? Or just razzing him about the game? If his comments are directed towards race, then someone needs to shut his ass up immediately. Thats not the way Brahma Football rolls. I imagine Rowe will get wind of this and then, god help the kid. Hopefully it is just harmless banter...

Considering that we have players of different races on the team, I doubt that any player on Bellville's team made those statements. If so, their own team will take care of the player who made that remark.

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 02:42 PM
What is the Twitter handle being used to make these remarks? Or what handle had the remarks made to them?

Bull's-eye
12-05-2012, 02:57 PM
We sure miss Red Mustache... I could see him doing something like that... Hilarious!

Good luck to both Bellville & Navasota, maybe we can finally have our "Buddy" Bowl game. I don't think the 2 teams have met since his passing.

footballgod
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Sorry for that becoming bigger than it was. I disnt mean to start a war of words whatsoever, i have respect for all the players and fans of bellville i actually live about 45 minutes from brahma country. i understand it's good fun, i got the chance to speak to some of those Rice players in the alamo stadium parking lot that were involved in the pregame chatter, and they were all respectable kids, like i'm sure most if not all of the bellville is. I was just throwing it out there, i think it's good hype for the game, and wouldn't put words in anyone's mouths especially hard working athletes. congrats to whichever team ends up representing region 4

footballgal
12-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Sorry for that becoming bigger than it was. I disnt mean to start a war of words whatsoever, i have respect for all the players and fans of bellville i actually live about 45 minutes from brahma country. i understand it's good fun, i got the chance to speak to some of those Rice players in the alamo stadium parking lot that were involved in the pregame chatter, and they were all respectable kids, like i'm sure most if not all of the bellville is. I was just throwing it out there, i think it's good hype for the game, and wouldn't put words in anyone's mouths especially hard working athletes. congrats to whichever team ends up representing region 4

Soooo are you saying you posted a lie?? :tisk:

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 03:43 PM

I am pretty curious about this also. Poking fun at someone's race is not exactly a laughing matter. If it is indeed true, please give me the handles of the players involved, as I'm sure Coach Rowe would love to hear about it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Not going to name names, but I'll give you a number.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 04:05 PM
***What the hell? Now I'm double-posting here too? ***?***

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
***What the hell? Now I'm double-posting here too? ***?***

Number 7 on which team?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 04:32 PM
delete

footballgod
12-05-2012, 04:36 PM

i think you misunderstood my post smart one

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Bellville

I'm still looking around for more of the supposed trash talk, but I did find one little nugget. It's not from #7 but I'm assuming it's from another player on the Bellville team.

"When a Mexican plays football, is his position wetback?"

So you're ASSUMING that that comment is from a Bellville player?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 04:43 PM
So you're ASSUMING that that comment is from a Bellville player?

WOW, ok CHILL!

The phrase in quote was from (I'm guessing) a friend of the player from Bellville in question. I don't know if he (the friend) is a Bellville player or not. However, I did find something much more. An exchange between two players, one from each team.

As far as who started it though I have no idea as some of the initial tweets were deleted. I'm beginning to think I should edit out the numbers now, as I feel like I've said too much and need to STFU to honor privacy.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Ok, I'm ending this now.

@Footballgod

Dude, major bad move there. All this is going to do is build tensions (NOT GOOD) between the fans. Up until your initial post, the conversation about this game was very civil and respectful. Unfortunately it has taken a downward spiral.

I'm no moderator here, but please edit/delete your posts, or have a moderator here remove them for you, as we don't need that crap here.

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 04:51 PM
WOW, ok CHILL!

The phrase in quote was from (I'm guessing) a friend of the player from Bellville in question. I don't know if he (the friend) is a Bellville player or not. However, I did find something much more. An exchange between two players, one from each team.

As far as who started it though I have no idea as some of the initial tweets were deleted. I'm beginning to think I should edit out the numbers now, as I feel like I've said too much and need to STFU to honor privacy.

No worries. I just find it extremely hard to believe that a Bellville player would make those comments. Not to get into a race debate, but we do have white, hispanic, and african american players (in no particular order of course....lol) on this team. Insulting one of your players would essentially be insulting one of our own. We don't get wrapped up in this banter. A poster before made it quite apparent that you dont have to be face to face to make these comments because of the digital age. Is it possible that someone created an account just to talk crap? Maybe just provide us with the link to get us to the page and read the comments. You can't start something and not finish it. Its like saying..."I really need to tell you something, but I can't tell you because its a secret."

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 04:52 PM
No worries. I just find it extremely hard to believe that a Bellville player would make those comments. Not to get into a race debate, but we do have white, hispanic, and african american players (in no particular order of course....lol) on this team. Insulting one of your players would essentially be insulting one of our own. We don't get wrapped up in this banter. A poster before made it quite apparent that you dont have to be face to face to make these comments because of the digital age. Is it possible that someone created an account just to talk crap? Maybe just provide us with the link to get us to the page and read the comments. You can't start something and not finish it. Its like saying..."I really need to tell you something, but I can't tell you because its a secret."

I'm looking at it all right now on Twitter. I'll shoot you a PM. I'm not sure how to do a screen grab but I can give you a rundown of how the convo went.

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Ok, I'm ending this now.

@Footballgod

Dude, major bad move there. All this is going to do is build tensions (NOT GOOD) between the fans. Up until your initial post, the conversation about this game was very civil and respectful. Unfortunately it has taken a downward spiral.

I'm no moderator here, but please edit/delete your posts, or have a moderator here remove them for you, as we don't need that crap here.

It's just retracted from the topic at hand. It hasnt gotten out of line, but we are no longer talking about the game. Of course, we are all just curious now. I can tell you, the Coach Rowe made it very clear at the beginning of the year that our players (in all sports) are to stay off of the social media and not use this as an outlet. To let your play do the talking on the field, court or course.

footballgod
12-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Ok, I'm ending this now.

@Footballgod

as i said yall are the ones making it a big deal, PM the moderators if you want to take the crap off but be sure to get your continuous remarks and social media research off of here as well!

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm looking at it all right now on Twitter. I'll shoot you a PM. I'm not sure how to do a screen grab but I can give you a rundown of how the convo went.

I would love to see it.

OLE'BULL
12-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I would love to see it.

As would I, PM please...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Gentlemen, PMs have been sent.

MJMbrahmas10
12-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Interesting trash talk on twitter. It will ad an extra element to the game I believe

OLE'BULL
12-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Looks like it is going both ways. Cant believe kids are dumb enough to put this stuff out there.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Looks like it is going both ways. Cant believe kids are dumb enough to put this stuff out there.

I agree.

MJMbrahmas10
12-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Well I know one player who is gonna have to have his head on a swivel from PI. There is always a rotten apple

OLE'BULL
12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Well I know one player who is gonna have to have his head on a swivel from PI. There is always a rotten apple

Yep, I saw that too. Crazy how foolish they are being. Coaches, step in ASAP! Haha...

MJMbrahmas10
12-05-2012, 05:29 PM
I noticed the bellville player has since deleted it. But the other individual who was saying stuff is NOT a player

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Gentlemen, PMs have been sent.

I appreciate you sending me these names. There appears to be talking going both ways. It looks like this comment from a current Bellville player started this madness....

'Ready to get that 4th gold football.. PI better come with it or start airing up basketball' is what got it started. Not made to anyone specifically, but to his Twitter followers.

Obviously the PI player saw this and didnt react too well to the comment...but it does appear that PI started the name calling and racial profiling. In fact, the comment that started talk about the "green card" began by the PI player saying he will send the Bellville player back to Africa.

That said, most of the banter is not from the current player, but former players or non-players.

I want to give credit to one of the Brahma leaders for stepping up and telling all current athletes to quit talking trash on Twitter.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I appreciate you sending me these names. There appears to be talking going both ways. It looks like this comment from a current Bellville player started this madness....

'Ready to get that 4th gold football.. PI better come with it or start airing up basketball' is what got it started. Not made to anyone specifically, but to his Twitter followers.

Obviously the PI player saw this and didnt react too well to the comment...but it does appear that PI started the name calling and racial profiling. In fact, the comment that started talk about the "green card" began by the PI player saying he will send the Bellville player back to Africa.

That said, most of the banter is not from the current player, but former players or non-players.

I want to give credit to one of the Brahma leaders for stepping up and telling all current athletes to quit talking trash on Twitter.alot of this went on back in the early 2000's on this board, there was alot of ROM in those days lol! Most of them were kids but now they have a different way of following each other and doesn't take much to get them going. It happens everywhere, it just doesnt get mention.

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2012, 06:21 PM
alot of this went on back in the early 2000's on this board, there was alot of ROM in those days lol! Most of them were kids but now they have a different way of following each other and doesn't take much to get them going. It happens everywhere, it just doesnt get mention.

I agree... The back and forth that went on between Navasota and LaMarque got the attention of the Houston Chronicle..

Bull's-eye
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Let's get back to football!

Also, the National Weather Service has issued a "Red Storm" warning for the Corpus Christi area. Category D25 winds expect to hit Cabaniss Stadium on Saturday!

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Let's get back to football!

Also, the National Weather Service has issued a "Red Storm" warning for the Corpus Christi area. Category D25 winds expect to hit Cabaniss Stadium on Saturday!

:clap:

Manso/V8
12-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Ok, I'm ending this now.

@Footballgod

You are right, I was really enjoying the thread, learning about the Tarpons, hearing about the big fan support, etc, until this Footballgod showed up and purposely soured the story. It seems like there is this recurring theme or sentiment out of the RGV that they are victims, or they don't get respect, etc and it has worn kind of thin. Honestly, at this point, I just want to get this game over, win or lose. Hopefully we will play a good game and come away with the win.

Brahmas by 7.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 06:59 PM

I want to give credit to one of the Brahma leaders for stepping up and telling all current athletes to quit talking trash on Twitter.

There was no real way to tell who it was that started the racial profiling tweets, as a lot of the tweets were deleted. Very tough to tell if the PI player is the aggressor, or if he's saying things in response to someone else saying something.

footballgod
12-05-2012, 07:13 PM
You are right, I was really enjoying the thread, learning about the Tarpons, hearing about the big fan support, etc, until this Footballgod showed up and purposely soured the story. It seems like there is this recurring theme or sentiment out of the RGV that they are victims, or they don't get respect, etc and it has worn kind of thin. Honestly, at this point, I just want to get this game over, win or lose. Hopefully we will play a good game and come away with the win.

Brahmas by 7.

to put it to rest go look at my post and tell me how I tried to sour anything. I made a comparison of the atmosphere surrounding the 4th round game, a proven quote of trashtalk, no backtalk or blame on any fans/players, I stated I'm not complaining about it and didn't take it personal, I wished for a good game, and gave my prediction on the outcome. Make what you want out of it, but ya'll are the ones souring the mood 5 pages later

SintonFan
12-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Go TarpMas !!!

that'll change the subject...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Go TarpMas !!!

that'll change the subject...

I liked Bull Tarpons better. It sounds like a more bad ass Tarpon than the standard Tarpon. But the RED has to go!

pirate4state
12-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Smh can we just FF to Saturday?

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I personally wanted to apologize. I never should have added fuel to the fire. I am only trying to back my hometown. Prior posts seemed as Bellville was the side starting the Twitter war. Granted, we will never know which side started the low blows because some people have deleted these posts. Maybe all should do it. I was attempting to defend the team and the athlete in question. From his page, it appears that his friends and followers (some ex-Brahmas) were making most of the comments (if not all) and talking trash in response to PI player. I will say that while the Bellville player made a comment to his friends or followers, it was up to the PI player to go browsing to see what he could find, and respond to Bellville's comments (of which was clean trash talk). Obviously, these 2 athletes are not personal friends and have never been linked before this instance, so there wasnt a direct feed from one player to the other. Someone had to be searching for a motive. The PI fanbase can no longer play the poor me card. I'm done ranting. I shouldnt have posted those comments, but I felt like the viewers needed to see both sides of this discussion...for Bellville's name sake. Let's just start the football discussion again.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-05-2012, 08:24 PM
it was up to the PI player to go browsing to see what he could find, and respond to Bellville's comments (of which was clean trash talk).

Again, we don't know that for sure, and we most likely never will. For all we know, it could have been some of those former Bellville players that sought out a PI player on Twitter and started the whole mess. As it was stated, there were multiple tweets deleted which makes it look like the PI player was the aggressor.

Rather than trying to make it look like the PI player was the bad guy, why not just drop the whole damn thing. This entire thing has gotten out of hand, and that's not how most of us act. Folks in PI are very nice and respectable people. We don't need crap like this to make things ugly.

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Again, we don't know that for sure, and we most likely never will. For all we know, it could have been some of those former Bellville players that sought out a PI player on Twitter and started the whole mess. As it was stated, there were multiple tweets deleted which makes it look like the PI player was the aggressor.

Rather than trying to make it look like the PI player was the bad guy, why not just drop the whole damn thing. This entire thing has gotten out of hand, and that's not how most of us act. Folks in PI are very nice and respectable people. We don't need crap like this to make things ugly.

Let's just agree to disagree. We won't get anywhere. I think that the comments were pretty consecutive from friends of Bellville player to the responses provided by PI player. Also, in your PM to me, you said very clearly 2 current Bellville players (based on profile photos) were making racial comments to one PI player. That isnt entirely correct and quit playing the poor me card. Obviously this was going back and forth. Let's just hope that this didnt start a war amongst players and we dont have a bigger issue on our hands come game time. Here's to a healthy, clean, football game.

rico
12-05-2012, 08:45 PM
It's simple, just quit talking about it.

Nice weather we're having, don't you agree?

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 08:52 PM

I'm ready for next week. Supposed to get cold. WOOOSAHHHH. It does work.

Gone Fishing
12-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Wow, we did'nt have all this BS last year, we were just trying to stop the Ginger Bread Man!

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Wow, we did'nt have all this BS last year, we were just trying to stop the Ginger Bread Man!

Inside joke?

footballgal
12-05-2012, 09:21 PM

This!
Go Tarpons

footballgal
12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Tarpons QB Martinez big reason why PI is back in
Armando Garza | Valley Morning Star 21 hours ago
PORT ISABEL — Only a handful of guys can say they were the quarterback for a Port Isabel Tarpons state quarterfinalist team.

As a junior, Isaiah Martinez is now one of them. Naturally, he’d love to join a more exclusive club with a win this week.

As Big Blue (10-3) readies for the Class 3A Region IV Division II final against Bellville, though small in stature, Martinez has come up huge for the Tarpons.

“It means a lot to me,” Martinez said of the team’s accomplishments thus far. “Not a lot of people have had the chance to do this.”

PI head coach Monty Stumbaugh said having Martinez at the reins on the field gives his squad that special spark.

“He makes a big difference. The pace is faster, the kids respond to him and he leads them,” Stumbaugh said. “That’s part of being the quarterback. He also throws the ball well and he can run the ball well. He’s done a great job for us.”

Martinez has been terrific since returning Oct. 5 from a leg injury that caused him to miss three games.

PI has gone 7-1 since Martinez’s return, including 3-0 in the playoffs.

Against Lyford in bi-district, he threw a couple of touchdowns and ran for two more with 134 yards rushing. In area, he had four total touchdowns against Sinton and then had 73 gritty yards rushing on a team-high 21 carries with three touchdowns to lead the Tarps past Navarro 35-28 in overtime last week.

“It felt really good to come back in that type of game, that type of atmosphere,” he said of the win over the Panthers.

In three playoff games, he’s rushed for 285 yards and five touchdowns and thrown for another 133 yards and three TDs. For the season, he’s totaled 634 yards rushing with 10 touchdowns with another 540 yards passing and 8 TDs.

At 5-foot-4, Martinez obviously isn’t the biggest guy on the field. But he’s got super speed, is very shifty and elusive when running the ball.

Martinez can also put the ball on the money when asked to throw. He showed that on the Tarpons’ 7-on-7 team this summer as the squad advanced to state.

Against Navarro, Martinez completed only three passes: One for a first down to Gordo Garza, another on a two-point conversion to Javier Vela and the final one on a fourth-down play in overtime to set them up for the winning score.

“Some people think I’m (too) short to be a quarterback,” he said with a smile. “(But) I’ve learned to be more disciplined. Going over stuff more, reading coverages, things like that.”

Stumbaugh said that improvement has been noticed by many.

“He’s been getting better and better every game,” Stumbaugh said. “The kids believe in him and he just makes things happen. He makes plays.”

Perhaps even better than his brilliant play on the field, it’s outside of the field where he is just as special, the coach said.

“He’s a super kid,” Stumbaugh said. “He wants to do well and does everything you ask him to do. He busts his tail and has got a great demeanor. He’s a real personable kid. He has fun and he loves to play. He’s one of those kids you love to coach.”

Armando Garza covers the Port Isabel Tarpons for the Valley Morning Star. He can be reached at 956-430-6255 or at armandog@valleystar.com. Follow him on Twitter @adgarza5.

whitelightning5
12-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Tarpons QB Martinez big reason why PI is back in
Armando Garza | Valley Morning Star 21 hours ago
PORT ISABEL — Only a handful of guys can say they were the quarterback for a Port Isabel Tarpons state quarterfinalist team.

As a junior, Isaiah Martinez is now one of them. Naturally, he’d love to join a more exclusive club with a win this week.

As Big Blue (10-3) readies for the Class 3A Region IV Division II final against Bellville, though small in stature, Martinez has come up huge for the Tarpons.

“It means a lot to me,” Martinez said of the team’s accomplishments thus far. “Not a lot of people have had the chance to do this.”

PI head coach Monty Stumbaugh said having Martinez at the reins on the field gives his squad that special spark.

“He makes a big difference. The pace is faster, the kids respond to him and he leads them,” Stumbaugh said. “That’s part of being the quarterback. He also throws the ball well and he can run the ball well. He’s done a great job for us.”

Martinez has been terrific since returning Oct. 5 from a leg injury that caused him to miss three games.

PI has gone 7-1 since Martinez’s return, including 3-0 in the playoffs.

Against Lyford in bi-district, he threw a couple of touchdowns and ran for two more with 134 yards rushing. In area, he had four total touchdowns against Sinton and then had 73 gritty yards rushing on a team-high 21 carries with three touchdowns to lead the Tarps past Navarro 35-28 in overtime last week.

“It felt really good to come back in that type of game, that type of atmosphere,” he said of the win over the Panthers.

In three playoff games, he’s rushed for 285 yards and five touchdowns and thrown for another 133 yards and three TDs. For the season, he’s totaled 634 yards rushing with 10 touchdowns with another 540 yards passing and 8 TDs.

At 5-foot-4, Martinez obviously isn’t the biggest guy on the field. But he’s got super speed, is very shifty and elusive when running the ball.

Martinez can also put the ball on the money when asked to throw. He showed that on the Tarpons’ 7-on-7 team this summer as the squad advanced to state.

Against Navarro, Martinez completed only three passes: One for a first down to Gordo Garza, another on a two-point conversion to Javier Vela and the final one on a fourth-down play in overtime to set them up for the winning score.

“Some people think I’m (too) short to be a quarterback,” he said with a smile. “(But) I’ve learned to be more disciplined. Going over stuff more, reading coverages, things like that.”

Stumbaugh said that improvement has been noticed by many.

“He’s been getting better and better every game,” Stumbaugh said. “The kids believe in him and he just makes things happen. He makes plays.”

Perhaps even better than his brilliant play on the field, it’s outside of the field where he is just as special, the coach said.

“He’s a super kid,” Stumbaugh said. “He wants to do well and does everything you ask him to do. He busts his tail and has got a great demeanor. He’s a real personable kid. He has fun and he loves to play. He’s one of those kids you love to coach.”

Armando Garza covers the Port Isabel Tarpons for the Valley Morning Star. He can be reached at 956-430-6255 or at armandog@valleystar.com. Follow him on Twitter @adgarza5.

Do they roll this QB out on all pass plays? From the way it sounds, you have some pretty good size on the OL.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2012, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vutPOllpwc

footballgal
12-06-2012, 01:41 AM
Do they roll this QB out on all pass plays? From the way it sounds, you have some pretty good size on the OL.

This is him behind the line 538

footballgal
12-06-2012, 01:48 AM

The 2012 Tarpon edition
#7 Javier Vela RB
#9 Isaiah Martinez QB
#17 Kenny The Jet Herrera

hookandladder
12-06-2012, 07:01 AM
All this talk about trashing talking is BS, the players will settle this on the field. Bellville by 3 Td's.

gameface
12-06-2012, 07:53 AM
LG supports Pasture of Pain folks! Get your Gameface on! Good Luck!

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 09:06 AM
LG supports Pasture of Pain folks! Get your Gameface on! Good Luck!

Thanks LG and Hook.

Bull's-eye
12-06-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.kztv10.com/videos/hs-football-bellville-42-orange-grove-0/

I believe this was posted earlier, but take another look at the interceptions. It's not like the QB made bad throws, but more that the Bellville defenders had outstanding coverage & made plays to come away with the ball. Also, I think the young freshman will become a very good QB.

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 10:45 AM
This is him behind the line 538

I see flashes of Jacquizz Rodgers in this QB. He will hide behind the line and the defense will lose him...then dart out for the big game. That RB does look like a good sized athlete. From the looks of that photo, it appears that PI has an option game. Is that just a wrinkle or are you primarily an option based team?

Ranger Mom
12-06-2012, 11:03 AM
It looks like the thread is back on track. After reading over the entire thread I am not going to blame any one person. I don't think the person who "started" this did it intentionally and it quickly snowballed. Therefore, I am not going to delete any threads.

I will say this though, If this thread goes back to the "racial blame game, he started it first...blah blah blah" again, I WILL immediately shut down the thread, lock it and that will be the end of it.

If kids want to be kids on twitter, facebook, etc., more power to them....we WILL act like adults here!!!

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 11:10 AM
It looks like the thread is back on track. After reading over the entire thread I am not going to blame any one person. I don't think the person who "started" this did it intentionally and it quickly snowballed. Therefore, I am not going to delete any threads.

I will say this though, If this thread goes back to the "racial blame game, he started it first...blah blah blah" again, I WILL immediately shut down the thread, lock it and that will be the end of it.

If kids want to be kids on twitter, facebook, etc., more power to them....we WILL act like adults here!!!

I appreciate the feedback. As stated before, I do want to apologize. I shouldnt have fueled the fire. I hope I can earn the respect of those on this thread. I hope I have not shamed the Bellville community.

SintonFan
12-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I liked Bull Tarpons better. It sounds like a more bad ass Tarpon than the standard Tarpon. But the RED has to go!

Yeah, I agree. Except for the red thingy. ;)

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I agree. Except for the red thingy. ;)

I agree that the RED needs to stay.

footballgod
12-06-2012, 11:36 AM
PI does run an option offense. Pitches, veers, traditional & a few 3-back options. For rushing as much as the Tarpons do there's not a lot of power running up the gut, most plays between the tackles are traps & folds. The tricky part about PI is the numerous formations they line up in to try and outflank the defense, most being variations of the Multiple I. They will also lineup in the spread depending on the gameplan/situation, but seeing PI in shotgun is usually not a good sign.

footballgal
12-06-2012, 11:37 AM
I see flashes of Jacquizz Rodgers in this QB. .....Is that just a wrinkle or are you primarily an option based team?
Who does Rodgers play for? As far as option, yes its more than a wrinkle :-)

Gal

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Who does Rodgers play for? As far as option, yes its more than a wrinkle :-)

Gal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacquizz_Rodgers

He is a 5'6" RB.

I am only comparing the height and probable quickness. Most consider height the end all be all for QBs, but smaller players seem to have success too in running the ball behind a bigger offensive front. It takes defenders a while to locate the ball carrier and bring them down.

footballgal
12-06-2012, 11:52 AM
oh yeah! Just briefly saw him play this last week, my son was pointing out to me that he was only 5'6". It's amazing that he is playing in the NFL at that height.

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 11:56 AM
oh yeah! Just briefly saw him play this last week, my son was pointing out to me that he was only 5'6". It's amazing that he is playing in the NFL at that height.

He is even shorter than Barry Sanders....

Back to this game. Our RBs aren't that big either. They are quick. We have a tall QB and shorter RBs.

SintonFan
12-06-2012, 11:58 AM

Back to this game. Our RBs aren't that big either. They are quick. We have a tall QB and shorter RBs.

Emmitt Smith was like 5' 2"? :D

footballgal
12-06-2012, 12:00 PM

lol interesting, we have the opposite.

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 12:29 PM
lol interesting, we have the opposite.

I am assuming that this was in regards to the size or do you mean they are big and slow?

footballgal
12-06-2012, 12:37 PM
I am assuming that this was in regards to the size or do you mean they are big and slow?

Size, small QB big RBs

footballgal
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice Family History Article

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/sports/football/article_bea9e85a-3f5e-11e2-80c4-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=story

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Size, small QB big RBs

From some of the other photos provided in this thread, it looks like the majority of the team is pretty big.

footballgal
12-06-2012, 01:45 PM
From some of the other photos provided in this thread, it looks like the majority of the team is pretty big.

Not really, there a few big kids but team avg size is that avg. to small.

Gal

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Not really, there a few big kids but team avg size is that avg. to small.

Gal

Gotcha. I guess I was using the QB as the measuring stick and everyone else just looked much bigger.

footballgal
12-06-2012, 02:11 PM
oh wait - you talking about the O line? this is the O-line

This was one of the teams concerns early in the season . Since RH game they started playing at another level together.

Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:46 pm
Armando Garza | Valley Morning Star
PORT ISABEL — Running the football is one of the mainstays of Port Isabel Tarpon football. And there’s a big reason why Big Blue is back running the football with authority.
Make that seven reasons.
Battling injuries early on, the PI offensive line had to find its footing as players were shuffled in and out of the group. But once the unit was settled, they sky was the limit for the Tidal Wave offense.
As Port Isabel prepares for its Class 3A, Division II regional date with Geronino Navarro on Saturday, the boys up front hope to be a part of PI’s first run to the regional finals since 2003.
“They’ve done a great job. If you’re gonna run the football successfully you better have a good line up front,” PI head coach Monty Stumbaugh said. “Those guys have gotten better every week.
“They work their tails off. Our success comes because of the offensive line. Bottom line.”
This year’s line is comprised of left tackle Miguel Ramirez (a two-way starter), left guard Agustin Hernandez, center Ruben Silva, right guard Cristian Nunez and right tackle Mark Benavides. Jose “Gordo” Garza (another two-way starter) is the tight end while defensive star Jacques Guillot has seen snaps at end as well.
Beginning with the final non-district game against Zapata on Oct. 5, PI has averaged 356 yards rushing per contest over those past seven games. The Tarps topped the 300-yard rushing mark five different times (400 yards three times) during that span.
“We’ve been able to have a set line since that Zapata game,” he said. “We got everybody healthy and since then they’ve gotten better every week.”
So, with good reason, PI’s running backs have been some happy guys the past month and a half. Running backs Jacob Losoya (584 yards since Oct. 5), Javier Vela (458), J.J. Gonzalez (357) and Juan Aguilera (355) have each reaped the benefits at one time or another. Quarterback Isaiah Martinez (442 yards) has also seen his totals go up.
“If you’re gonna be able to run the ball and control the clock you better have a good offensive line,” Stumbaugh said. “And our backs understand how important those guys are and the job they’re doing. Our backs always thank ‘em and we hope they can continue to do that.”
Injuries on the line and at left tackle left the line in somewhat of a transition period through non-district. As time went on, the line welcomed back some members and had some new ones step up.
“We had some guys hurt early. We got some guys well and we’ve been able to keep them together,” Stumbaugh said. “We kinda mixed and matched and we found it. They’ve gelled as a line.”
Among those who stepped in and filled in admirably was Ramirez, one the Tarpons starters on defense.
“We moved Miguel to tackle and he goes both ways now,” Stumbaugh said. “He hardly comes out.”
Their work was on full display in last week’s area-round win against Sinton. PI rushed for 379 yards and five touchdowns to ice a 53-26 win.
“These kids have stepped up and done a great job. We’re very pleased with the job they’ve been doing. They take a lot of pride in what they do,” Stumbaugh said.
“They give you everything they’ve got and they just get after it. They don’t get a lot of glory. They know by us that they’re the reason why (they’re successful).”

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/29/3uby7asu.jpg
Dina Arevalo | Valley Morning Star
The Port Isabel Tarpons are ready to take on Geronimo Navarro in a Class 3A, Division II regional playoff game this weekend at Calallen. They are lead by a stout offensive line, from left, top row: right tackle Mark Benavides, right guard Cristian Nunez, left guard Augustin Hernandez and left tackle Miguel Ramirez. Bottom row, from left: tight end Jose U. Garza, center Ruben Silva and tight end Jacques Guillot.

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 02:34 PM
oh wait - you talking about the O line? this is the O-line

Big Mark...

Bull's-eye
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Things are very calm before the storm or we just ran out of things to post. :thinking:

SintonFan
12-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Things are very calm before the storm or we just ran out of things to post. :thinking:

Go Brahpons?

i should stop now...

lbjacj
12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
:tisk: Port Isabel and Orange Grove are two very different teams. I had heard that Orange Grove throws the ball quite a bit and did have a very good QB. Port Isabel is a running team but can throw and throw well. Port Isabel has 8 different running backs and as far as I have seen they use most of them. They are an average size team but at times can be agressive. They have played and schrimmaged several large 5(A) schools. Brownsville Vet. which went to the 5(A) playoff only beat Port Isabel by a field goal and almost lost the game to them. Brownsville Pace schrimmaged Port Isabel and got blown off the field + 60 points. According to ibjacj, Wimberley and Bellville will simply run all over these poor Port Isabel team. Well I know I am amazed to hear that since Wimberley barley beat Navarro 21 to 20 and in fact one of your own players who has posted on the Navarro game stated your were out played by them. I have stated clearly that I do not know who will win because the game has not been played. What I do know is that stats, games against other teams will not decide the outcome. What will decide the outcome is who wants it the worst, and is willing to play their guts out to get the win. It seems everyone is talking about Navasota but their game has not been played and I am sure that WSO may have something to say about that. When I hear this kind of stuff I know that you must be young. I just bet the coaches of each team are not going to take each other so lightly. Regardless who wins or losses, we should be proud of these kids on both teams as they have made a commitment to get to this level. No one sees the day to day hard work that these kids do to give you that 2 hour thrill and to suffer the bumps, bruses and sometime worse that come with the game. :vrycnfsd:

You should use the quote feature when you quote someone because you got the wrong person!

McHi
12-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I responded because you agree to this topic, thums up! You may not have said it, but you did agree with it! Enough said on this topic! I do however like some of the comment that have to do with the game, and all that other stuff is just a wast of time and poor judgement. Fans should back their teams, but should leave hurtful comment out of the thread. I think both teams have had a great season and we are not the players, we are the fans, so as fans let support out teams by showing good conduct and good sportsmanship and along with good judgement!

speedbump
12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
The red tide is rolling in again. It's forecast to sweep the gulf from Corpus Christi to Beaumont with it's most serious effects expected to be felt as far south as Port Isabel to as far north as Carthage. It's expected that by Sunday morning the dreaded tide will have deposited enough basketballs in both cities to be declared disaster areas.

Good luck Brahmas - I'll make sure our guys brush their teeth and comb their hair before getting on TV next week and I'm sure you will do the same after the upset of the year against Navasota next week.

Bull's-eye
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
The red tide is rolling in again. It's forecast to sweep the gulf from Corpus Christi to Beaumont with it's most serious effects expected to be felt as far south as Port Isabel to as far north as Carthage. It's expected that by Sunday morning the dreaded tide will have deposited enough basketballs in both cities to be declared disaster areas.

Good luck Brahmas - I'll make sure our guys brush their teeth and comb their hair before getting on TV next week and I'm sure you will do the same after the upset of the year against Navasota next week.

That's some forecast!! :2thumbsup

ogg
12-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Like to see the Tarpons win this, any team that beats Navarro has my respect. Don't see it happening, Bellville by 7.

McHi
12-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Well Tarpons, I thought I would never see the day in which Rio Hondo would back Port Isabel, but to my supprise the Rio Hondo Bobcat coach comes on TV and lets everyone know that they are backing Port Isabel, and they are Proud of them! I mean WoW! Being from a 5(A) district maybe we all need to learn from this! Glad to see the Rio Grande Valley come to the support of a valley school. Another shocker was seeing just how many winter texas from all parts of the US are backing you; this all came out on TV. You guys have a heck of a following; just flat amazing! From the Purple and Gold of McHi ------------ Go Big Blue --- Goooooooooo!!!!!!

McHi
12-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Like to see the Tarpons win this, any team that beats Navarro has my respect. Don't see it happening, Bellville by 7.

Here is a little story from Cuero thought you might find of Interest. They could write a book about this game between Cuero and Port Isabel. Living here in McAllen we watched this hold thing unfold. This game was played in 1994, and it go to show all of us on any given night you can be beat. See link below:

http://jerrysinternetcafe.blogspot.com/2006/12/cuero-gobblers.html :clap:

jykoy
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Bellville wins by 2 touchdowns. Hopefully a good crowd can make it down to Corpus Christi. I know three charter buses are taking the good people of Bellville down there.

I'll be unable to make the game but I will be getting updates from ole'bull!

Other predictions: WO-Stark, Graham, and Gilmer win this week.

Inmateboss
12-07-2012, 09:05 AM
There will be 4 battles tonight that's for sure!! Good luck to all teams, play hard, stay healthy!!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

OLE'BULL
12-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Bellville wins by 2 touchdowns. Hopefully a good crowd can make it down to Corpus Christi. I know three charter buses are taking the good people of Bellville down there.

Good to have ya back #6! WO-Stark huh? Weird! I LIKE IT...

whitelightning5
12-07-2012, 09:34 AM

WHOA there YORK.....where have you been?

The Bull #40
12-07-2012, 10:40 AM
I've been quiet on this thread because of all the previous racial nonsense, but now that it is the day before gameday it's time to get going. I believe this is going to be a high intensity game with both teams playing passionate, hard nosed football. However, that being said it is obvious that the BRAHMAS are going to run the ball all over the PI defense and if the QB can see over his O Line (which I don't he can), then the Brahmas defense will come up with 1-2 INTs. The one thing that worries me in the matchup department is the big PI O Line vs. an undersized Brahma D Line (IMO). I'm hoping Rowe has drawn something up for this matchup problem because I think PI has seen how good our coverage has been lately and may just try and play smashmouth football with us. I did hear that PI's defense has had trouble some games with stopping the outside run, so if that is the case I say #7, #24, and #2 (if he plays offense this week) break MULTIPLE 20+ yd runs and wear down the PI defense. BRAHMAS WIN 35-21! Ihope the people on the coast are ready, A RED STORM IS A BREWIN!!

SintonFan
12-07-2012, 11:42 AM
I've been quiet on this thread because of all the previous racial nonsense, but now that it is the day before gameday it's time to get going. I believe this is going to be a high intensity game with both teams playing passionate, hard nosed football. However, that being said it is obvious that the BRAHMAS are going to run the ball all over the PI defense and if the QB can see over his O Line (which I don't he can), then the Brahmas defense will come up with 1-2 INTs. The one thing that worries me in the matchup department is the big PI O Line vs. an undersized Brahma D Line (IMO). I'm hoping Rowe has drawn something up for this matchup problem because I think PI has seen how good our coverage has been lately and may just try and play smashmouth football with us. I did hear that PI's defense has had trouble some games with stopping the outside run, so if that is the case I say #7, #24, and #2 (if he plays offense this week) break MULTIPLE 20+ yd runs and wear down the PI defense. BRAHMAS WIN 35-21! Ihope the people on the coast are ready, A RED STORM IS A BREWIN!!

Basically all PI does is play smash mouth football. Why try to do anything different here?

The Bull #40
12-07-2012, 01:11 PM
Basically all PI does is play smash mouth football. Why try to do anything different here?

The PI fans were saying how good their QB was so I figured they must want to pass the ball SOME...? Maybe not, I don't know. I guess we'll see Saturday.

whitelightning5
12-07-2012, 02:31 PM
The PI fans were saying how good their QB was so I figured they must want to pass the ball SOME...? Maybe not, I don't know. I guess we'll see Saturday.

From what I have seen/heard/read, they are pretty much the mirror image of Bellville. Passing will not be a big part of their offense. They will probably try to pop a big one once the defense gets sucked into the box to stop the run. Much like we do. They wont be passing as much as OG.

zebrablue2
12-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Bellville by 20! Near East Texas speed will be too much....

Gone Fishing
12-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Sorry, but it wont even be close. Good luck Bellville, make our 21-7 score even look better. Lol.

bobcat1
12-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Congrats Bellville! Good Season Port Isabel

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Congrats Bellville! Good Season Port IsabelLOL...... sorry had to laugh bobcat1 but the game is tommorrow.

garciap77
12-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Congrats Bellville! Great Season Port Isabel!!!!

footballgal
12-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Congrats Bellville! Great Season Port Isabel!!!!

What??

Gal

garciap77
12-08-2012, 12:00 AM
What??

Gal

I thought bellville had won!!!!!!!LOL Good then, Go Tarpons!!!!!!!!!!!!

McHi
12-08-2012, 12:10 AM
:clap::clap::clap: I just saw this news break on both Channel 4 and Channel 5 Hidalgo Pirate District 32 3(A) Shea Patterson a freshmen QB has given verbal commitment to Arizona a Division I College making him the youngest ever to commit to a College football program. Wow! Wow! Unbelievable!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

SintonFan
12-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Congrats Bellville! Good Season Port Isabel

Stop stealing my material!!!! lol?
No not funny! lol?
No still not right!

Go BULL TARPONS !!!!!

garciap77
12-08-2012, 12:19 AM
:clap::clap::clap: I just saw this news break on both Channel 4 and Channel 5 Hidalgo Pirate District 32 3(A) Shea Patterson a freshmen QB has given verbal commitment to Arizona a Division I College making him the youngest ever to commit to a College football program. Wow! Wow! Unbelievable!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Nice!!! http://azstarnet.com/sports/blogs/finley/shea-patterson-first-few-games/youtube_5de1cd18-40cf-11e2-9756-0019bb2963f4.html

footballgal
12-08-2012, 01:33 AM
http://956sports.com/2012/12/07/tarpon-time-gallery/

zebrablue2
12-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Game day, may both teams play injury free, and leave it all on the field. Go BULLS!!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-08-2012, 10:17 AM
Go Bulls! The Brazos Valley is pulling for you!

The Bull #40
12-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Just passed through Sealy on my way to the game, it was weird no one was heading to the Tiger playoff game.....BULLS PARADE TOMORROW after stomping PI tonight, 35-21!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Just passed through Sealy on my way to the game, it was weird no one was heading to the Tiger playoff game.....BULLS PARADE TOMORROW after stomping PI tonight, 35-21!

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."LOL. Going to be long drive back if PI suprises you which i'm sure they will.

rico
12-08-2012, 01:50 PM

When you go stomping around PI you best be carefull, you may just be stomping on a
TARPON LAND MINE!
GO TARPONS!

rico
12-08-2012, 01:54 PM
It's TARPON TIME!!!!!

footballgal
12-08-2012, 03:35 PM
It's TARPON TIME!!!!!

Indeed it is! Boys in Blue

Gal

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2012, 03:45 PM
No more sport show? from 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxRLezCzfzY

XMan
12-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I was waiting for the guy on the left in the video to throw out a "soup bone city".

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 06:37 PM
It's almost time...Go Bulls!!

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 07:30 PM
14-0 Bellville end of 1st.

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 07:54 PM
16-0 Bellville after a safety, late 2nd qtr.

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Bellville kicks a 32 yd FG with less than a minute left in 2nd and now lead at halftime 19-0.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-08-2012, 08:09 PM
PI are just killing themselves with penalties, fumbles, and bad snaps to the punter.

Granted, PI is having a hard time moving the ball, but this game should be a lot closer than 19-0.

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Absolutely.. PI's defense is playing very well.

pirate4state
12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I know this may seem like a dumb comment considering the score, but I have been impressed with the Tarpon D. Their offense on the other hand....
Bellville D is really impressive. Have only allowed 3 first downs and 2 came at the end of the half.

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 08:46 PM
It's a shame Vela (#7) was not able to play tonight.

YTBulldogs
12-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Appears 19 is enough for Bellville. Time running out. Tarpons can't move it on them. Congrats BB.

Ranger354
12-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Sounds like a good game. Sorry PI that your #1 back is out. You guys made a good run at it.