PDA

View Full Version : Region III Quarter-Final GotW: West Orange-Stark(13-0) Vs. Navasota(13-0)

WOS87
11-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Let the discussion begin!

Saggy Aggie
11-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Navasota by 20.

WOS is really really good, but this is the Rattlers year.

YTBulldogs
11-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Dern, make a game like this with a poll.:thmbdwn:

OldBison75
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
I will say right now--the Rattlers should win. I will also say that the WOS defense will make the Rattlers earn every yard. AND, the Rattler defense proved tonight they are pretty darn good too.

WOS87
11-30-2012, 11:06 PM
West Orange-Stark

21-3A District Champs (13-0)

(4A) Little Cypress-Mauriceville 18-0
(4A) Port Neches-Groves 34-13
(4A) Beaumont Central 14-0
Jasper 17-7
Hamshire-Fannett* 44-0
Hardin-Jefferson* 49-0
Orangefield* 54-0
Buna* 40-0
Bridge City* 46-0
Silsbee* 26-12
3A D2 Bi: Cleveland 57-0
3A D2 Area: West Columbia 20-10
3A D2 Regional: Lorena 28-0

447 pts scored, 42 pts allowed

Navasota

18-3A District Champs (13-0)

(4A) Wiilis 42-0
Coldspring 36-8
Houston Sterling 49-6
(2A) Lexington 45-13
Fairfield 41-7
(4A) Austin McCallum 57-9
Madisonville* 38-0
Rockdale*43-0
Caldwell* 58-0
Taylor* 52-0
3A D2 Bi: China Spring 62-16
3A D2 Area: Jasper 59-14
3A D2 Regional: LaMarque 31-20

613 pts scored, 93 pts allowed

defense51
11-30-2012, 11:14 PM
The battle of the the un-beaten, this might be an immediate classic!

OldBison75
11-30-2012, 11:18 PM
It will be a classic!!!!! Two great teams facing off in a winner take all game. Two good defenses and two opportunistic offenses. Both play hard and fast. They better get a big stadium because this is gonna draw a huge crowd. Navasota will have 5000 or more. WOS will be pack'em in too. Be there or miss two great teams going head to head.

big daddy russ
11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Has the location been set?

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
It will be a classic!!!!! Two great teams facing off in a winner take all game. Two good defenses and two opportunistic offenses. Both play hard and fast. They better get a big stadium because this is gonna draw a huge crowd. Navasota will have 5000 or more. WOS will be pack'em in too. Be there or miss two great teams going head to head.

The battle of the the un-beaten, this might be an immediate classic!

West Orange-Stark

21-3A District Champs (13-0)

(4A) Little Cypress-Mauriceville 18-0
(4A) Port Neches-Groves 34-13
(4A) Beaumont Central 14-0
Jasper 17-7
Hamshire-Fannett* 44-0
Hardin-Jefferson* 49-0
Orangefield* 54-0
Buna* 40-0
Bridge City* 46-0
Silsbee* 26-12
3A D2 Bi: Cleveland 57-0
3A D2 Area: West Columbia 20-10
3A D2 Regional: Lorena 28-0

447 pts scored, 42 pts allowed

Navasota

(4A) Wiilis 42-0
Coldspring 36-8
Houston Sterling 49-6
(2A) Lexington 45-13
Fairfield 41-7
Madisonville* 38-0
Rockdale*43-0
Caldwell* 58-0
Taylor* 52-0

612 pts scored, 94 pts allowed

Gonna be fun to watch this game for you fans!

WOS87
11-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Only common opponent is Jasper but don't let that fool you. Jasper is pretty much our biggest rival and it was 17-0 until they recovered a fumble with 58 seconds left in the game. They always play us close. We were up on West Columbia 20-0 entering the 4th quarter as well. Only Silsbee and PNG have scored against us in the first three quarters all season through 13 games.

I definitely think WOS is the underdog in this game but we've been here before facing a #1 team (and won.. hello Giddings) and our coaching staff will prepare our players for the biggest challenge by far this season, that's what the playoffs are all about. Navasota hasn't faced a defense as stout as ours this season so it will be a new and more challenging territory for both teams.

Good Luck to both and hope there are no injuries

WOS87
11-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Location will be Deer Park or Conroe.. will know Saturday

big daddy russ
11-30-2012, 11:47 PM
That's close enough. Gonna try to make this one.

Tin Cup
11-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Haven't seen WOS but I always like Defense in these games.

WOS 21
Navasota 17

WOS87
11-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Haven't seen WOS but I always like Defense in these games.

WOS 21
Navasota 17

Gonna come down to if our offense can score enough.... I fully expect the Rattlers to get 3 TDs minimum, think we can hold you to less than LM did

j_dog
12-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Jasper occasionally got pressure on the Nav QB. WO-S will bring pressure on every play. From all corners of the field. Gonna be a great game!

Dogman_1969
12-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Navasota by 14. I watched Navasota totally dominate a very athletic La Marque team. Think it is the year of the Rattler.......

Saggy Aggie
12-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Like I said, WOS is very good... But this is the rattlers year. They're going to win state

pirate4state
12-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Sorry WOS87 didn't see your thread...please delete mine haha :wave:

Pawdaddy
12-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Well, after you get through swaggering at each other, I have two words for you to ponder.........GILMER BUCKEYES!

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2012, 02:24 AM
Well, after you get through swaggering at each other, I have two words for you to ponder.........GILMER BUCKEYES!

:1offtopc::hijacktd:

WOS87
12-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Yup.. WOS is gonna take the week off and let you guys roll after your 11 point win over LaMarque. We don't have a chance.

navscanmaster
12-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Yup.. WOS is gonna take the week off and let you guys roll after your 11 point win over LaMarque. We don't have a chance.
You haven't had any Navasota posters thinking we will roll, that is mostly others. Yes, I do feel like this is Navasota's year. I think Navasota played an ugly game, both penalties and turnovers. Fumbles are VERY uncharacteristic of this year's Rattler team, and LM caused a few of them. They are not used to punting either, so that game needs some work. The opposition only gets tougher this week. Has WOS faced an offense anywhere close to the ability of Navasota? That IMO is what the game will come down to, because I think Navasota's defense is a bigger matchup problem for WOS. 24-21 Navasota, and there will be one defensive score from one side.

WOS1
12-01-2012, 08:22 AM
I don't think there's any question that this will be the best either team has seen this year. A classic unstoppable force running into an immovable object! This is gonna be fun!

Pendragon13
12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
The D1 clash of titans was last night, this will be the one for D2. I honestly don't know how to pick this one..

griff
12-01-2012, 10:37 AM
The D1 clash of titans was last night, this will be the one for D2. I honestly don't know how to pick this one..

The game will be Friday night at Humble's Turner Stadium. 7:00pm kickoff.

Roughneck93
12-01-2012, 10:54 AM
The game will be Friday night at Humble's Turner Stadium. 7:00pm kickoff.

Awesome! I'll be able to make this one as well. :2thumbsup

Rabid Cougar
12-01-2012, 11:00 AM
[color=green][b]Navasota

(4A) Wiilis 42-0
Coldspring 36-8
Houston Sterling 49-6
(2A) Lexington 45-13
Fairfield 41-7
Madisonville* 38-0
Rockdale*43-0
Caldwell* 58-0
Taylor* 52-0

613 pts scored, 93 pts allowed

Damd! LaMarque ONLY beat us by 4.

Sville
12-01-2012, 11:53 AM
This is one of those games that you wish you could be in two places at once.

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2012, 01:05 PM
As I have stated in the past, good teams make othe opposition do things that they don't normally do... Navasota is not the exception. La Marque was a very good team especially on the defensive side of the ball. With that said, IMO, WOS, will be even tougher. I don't think that anyone has ever overlooked the Mustangs. Why would we? With 8 shutouts and 2 of those coming in the playoffs, that would be very foolish.

Can't wait until Friday.. Who is the home team?

Roughneck93
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
As I have stated in the past, good teams make othe opposition do things that they don't normally do... Navasota is not the exception. La Marque was a very good team especially on the defensive side of the ball. With that said, IMO, WOS, will be even tougher. I don't think that anyone has ever overlooked the Mustangs. Why would we? With 8 shutouts and 2 of those coming in the playoffs, that would be very foolish.

Can't wait until Friday.. Who is the home team?

Rattlers are the home team.

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Rattlers are the home team.

Thanks

whitelightning5
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
My observations from the Navasota/La Marque game....

Navasota - offensively they are tough. The QB (#15) throws a very good ball. He is just as good on the run as he is in the pocket. He buys time and is pass first, not run first. #12 is a very good WR, but a bit too cocky and could have been flagged several times for his antics. Someone needs to bring him back down. #8 is a tough running back. Has shimmy, shake, power and break away speed. Defensively they played with 11 players within 5 yards of the ball all night long. La Marque is not a passing team, so this is what WOS gets to look forward to. That said, they were able to move the ball at times with the running game, so there is a little light at the end of the tunnel. I was most impressed with the LB #33. He has good size and quickness and is always around the ball. Because of the formations, he was lined up so close to the line that he appeared to be a standing NT at times. La Marque's line was huge, but they appeared pretty soft. They got outplayed by a smaller, more physical front of Navasota. La Marque's QB looked like he was scared to pull the trigger. He ignored wide open WRs and tucked the ball and ran.

The game last night could have had a much different outcome. La Marque missed quite a few big plays, some in the red zone. They were pretty undisciplined. Also, there was a bad snap over the punter's head in the end zone...instead of taking the safety he tried to run with the ball and Navasota recovered for a TD. If there were only 2 points on the board instead of 7 that would have helped out. Also, in the 4th quarter, there was a La Marque TD called back on a phantom holding call, which could have made things very interesting with around 5 minutes left.

I would grade the officals a 25 out of 100. Bad calls, letting things get out of hand, yelling at coaches, completely losing control of the game....I dont know what region these clowns came from, but I'm glad they arent in mine. Sitting next to several TASOs, we were all in agreement with the crap that was on the field last night.

All in all. Navasota is pretty legit. I would have loved to see them air it out all night long, but they didnt have to. I dont know much about WOS, but Navasota did appear beatable....this could have been an off night. I just know that I have seen other #1 ranked 3A teams that clicked on all cylinders at all times....which was not the case last night. Again, I dont know if the credit needs to go to La Marque or the fact they Navasota was off of their typical game. This week should be interesting.

Sville
12-01-2012, 01:35 PM
WOW. Now that was a back handed compliment

OldBison75
12-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Navasota played a very plain vanilla game on offense last night. They only used a small portion of the playbook. They did not show much to WOS. They did not have to show much because they could move the ball with basics.

As for the game itself, you made no comment about the type of sportsmanship the LaMarque team played with, instead chose to call out Rattler Soloman McGinty. He is a top receiver and great kid that play with tremendous emotion. He does not play dirty though like the Cougars did. They had two ejected for actions and at least six times there were instances where the Navasota players were on their back on the ground and got stomped on by a LaMarque defensive player---no flags.

As for the "phantom" holding call, I guess you did not see the defensive end for the Rattlers get tackled on the pass rush. The offensive tackle not only took him to the ground, he had his arms wrapped around his waist when he tried to get up.

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2012, 02:13 PM
My observations from the Navasota/La Marque game....

Navasota - offensively they are tough. The QB (#15) throws a very good ball. He is just as good on the run as he is in the pocket. He buys time and is pass first, not run first. #12 is a very good WR, but a bit too cocky and could have been flagged several times for his antics. Someone needs to bring him back down. #8 is a tough running back. Has shimmy, shake, power and break away speed. Defensively they played with 11 players within 5 yards of the ball all night long. La Marque is not a passing team, so this is what WOS gets to look forward to. That said, they were able to move the ball at times with the running game, so there is a little light at the end of the tunnel. I was most impressed with the LB #33. He has good size and quickness and is always around the ball. Because of the formations, he was lined up so close to the line that he appeared to be a standing NT at times. La Marque's line was huge, but they appeared pretty soft. They got outplayed by a smaller, more physical front of Navasota. La Marque's QB looked like he was scared to pull the trigger. He ignored wide open WRs and tucked the ball and ran.

The game last night could have had a much different outcome. La Marque missed quite a few big plays, some in the red zone. They were pretty undisciplined. Also, there was a bad snap over the punter's head in the end zone...instead of taking the safety he tried to run with the ball and Navasota recovered for a TD. If there were only 2 points on the board instead of 7 that would have helped out. Also, in the 4th quarter, there was a La Marque TD called back on a phantom holding call, which could have made things very interesting with around 5 minutes left.

I would grade the officals a 25 out of 100. Bad calls, letting things get out of hand, yelling at coaches, completely losing control of the game....I dont know what region these clowns came from, but I'm glad they arent in mine. Sitting next to several TASOs, we were all in agreement with the crap that was on the field last night.

All in all. Navasota is pretty legit. I would have loved to see them air it out all night long, but they didnt have to. I dont know much about WOS, but Navasota did appear beatable....this could have been an off night. I just know that I have seen other #1 ranked 3A teams that clicked on all cylinders at all times....which was not the case last night. Again, I dont know if the credit needs to go to La Marque or the fact they Navasota was off of their typical game. This week should be interesting.

Give La Marque credit. La Marque was a very good team. Yes, very undiciplined but still very athletic and good. As you stated, La Marque missed out on opportunities. So did Navasota. That's how football goes. Hats off to Navasota for not playing their best game and still coming out with the victory. Navasota was up 24-6 at one point and minus key turnovers, the game could have gotten ugly. Thats the coulda, shoulda, would have of the game.

WOS87
12-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Just a little history, WO-S is 2-3 all-time when playing against #1 ranked teams in the AP poll. All 5 games were decided by less than 2 TDs and pretty sure Coach Thompson was there for all of them.

1981 Lost to #1 5A team Port Arthur Jefferson 20-31
1985 Lost to #1 5A team and eventual state champ Houston Yates 6-19
1987 Beat the #1 5A team Aldine MacArthur as a 4A team 6-3
1995 Lost to #1 4A team and eventual state champ LaMarque 7-18
2007 Beat the #1 3A team Giddings 28-19
2012 #1 3A Navasota up next! :)

WOS was actually winning the games against Yates and LaMarque up into the 4th quarter. I was at both and they were heartbreakers. Yates was an offensive machine and set scoring records that year yet we had them 6-6 in the 4th quarter leading on penetrations.

Just saying our coaching staff has faced the likes of Navasota and better in the past and will be prepared. This isn't our first trip to the rodeo.

whitelightning5
12-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Navasota played a very plain vanilla game on offense last night. They only used a small portion of the playbook. They did not show much to WOS. They did not have to show much because they could move the ball with basics.

As for the game itself, you made no comment about the type of sportsmanship the LaMarque team played with, instead chose to call out Rattler Soloman McGinty. He is a top receiver and great kid that play with tremendous emotion. He does not play dirty though like the Cougars did. They had two ejected for actions and at least six times there were instances where the Navasota players were on their back on the ground and got stomped on by a LaMarque defensive player---no flags.

As for the "phantom" holding call, I guess you did not see the defensive end for the Rattlers get tackled on the pass rush. The offensive tackle not only took him to the ground, he had his arms wrapped around his waist when he tried to get up.

I've seen several games where #12 gets a little out of control and have ref'd a few of those myself. I know the kid and his antics. As for the La Marque ejections...you're right. The same kid was ejected the week before. I specifically left out the La Marque actions because I'm sure the WOS supporters couldn't possibly care any less. I am only giving analysis of the team moving forward.

And you're right. I, nor any of the 7 officals and TASO reps saw that call. They threw the flag on the La Marque side and the block in question was a legit block indeed. As with many other games, there are several holding calls missed. We saw tons missed against La Marque and felt that the call was missed. Its a shame too....given the magnitude of the play. Then the officials lost it and yelled at the La Marque coaches when they questioned it. Poor officiating. It is what it is...its in the books.

I still think the state champion comes from Region III.

whitelightning5
12-01-2012, 11:18 PM

Also....side thought. You dont go into a playoff game showing a vanilla game plan to set up next weeks opponent. You throw everything that you have trying to get the victory. Do you not think that WOS has access to the previous 12 weeks of game film? Maybe vanilla is just what worked best against La Marque.

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Also....side thought. You dont go into a playoff game showing a vanilla game plan to set up next weeks opponent. You throw everything that you have trying to get the victory. Do you not think that WOS has access to the previous 12 weeks of game film? Maybe vanilla is just what worked best against La Marque.

A few games that you have seen versus years of watching Coach Fedora and the Rattlers, I think that we know when the Rattlers are not running their usual offense. I agree, however, you should throw everything that you have, but, why do you when you don't need to? We have been running that offense for years and all year, so, we kinda know what works and what doesn't. I am sure Fedora has a plan as always. Again, La Marque was a very good team. Credit was given to them but the offensive play calling wasn't any where close to being what had been called all year. Why, I don't know.

And, as far as #12, maybe you are the only one to sees that.... We Know Him. Really.

Yoe_09
12-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Thoughts & Predictions?

Sville
12-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I need a favor from both WOS and Sota fans, please call the schools on Monday and see if they will move this game to Saturday just for me. :D

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2012, 12:54 AM
I need a favor from both WOS and Sota fans, please call the schools on Monday and see if they will move this game to Saturday just for me. :D

Haha... we all wanted a Saturday matchup..Although Humble is only an hours drive or so from Navasota, Saturday just seems more logical for me..On the upside, I will be coming from work in the Woodlands which will only be a 20 min drive for myself..

whitelightning5
12-02-2012, 08:20 AM
A few games that you have seen versus years of watching Coach Fedora and the Rattlers, I think that we know when the Rattlers are not running their usual offense. I agree, however, you should throw everything that you have, but, why do you when you don't need to? We have been running that offense for years and all year, so, we kinda know what works and what doesn't. I am sure Fedora has a plan as always. Again, La Marque was a very good team. Credit was given to them but the offensive play calling wasn't any where close to being what had been called all year. Why, I don't know.

And, as far as #12, maybe you are the only one to sees that.... We Know Him. Really.

It's probably the home cooking (as in not wanting to admit anything negative about your team), but having ref'd 2 Navasota games this year and watched 1....i have seen it each time. Also, all of the officials in our group were commenting on how cocky this kid was. He will talk trash and get in everyone's head. He takes it to the limit until it breaks the defender and they do something dumb. I've personally had to step in to control the situation on a few occassions. I have never personally seen #12 do anything dirty, but he does push the envelope. On the positive side, he is a nice looking athlete. Does he have any offers?

As for the play calling...that is pretty much what I said. You stick with what works.... I saw Fedora opening the playbook in the first half. In the 2nd half he chose to run the ball because it was successful and obviously wanted to kill the clock.

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2012, 11:13 AM
It's probably the home cooking (as in not wanting to admit anything negative about your team), but having ref'd 2 Navasota games this year and watched 1....i have seen it each time. Also, all of the officials in our group were commenting on how cocky this kid was. He will talk trash and get in everyone's head. He takes it to the limit until it breaks the defender and they do something dumb. I've personally had to step in to control the situation on a few occassions. I have never personally seen #12 do anything dirty, but he does push the envelope. On the positive side, he is a nice looking athlete. Does he have any offers?

As for the play calling...that is pretty much what I said. You stick with what works.... I saw Fedora opening the playbook in the first half. In the 2nd half he chose to run the ball because it was successful and obviously wanted to kill the clock.

Fair enough. From what I've been told, they are not even going to entertain offers until the season is over. This was something that was agreed upon by the team.

OldBison75
12-02-2012, 11:43 AM

Okay, I can live with that. I am a little defensive about this kid because he has played all four years with high emotions. He is an emotional kid and can get into the heads of the opposing team. That in itself is not a bad thing. I guess he can push the envelope, but I also agree he has been able to keep his behavior in control and has drawn penalties on the other team several times. He is an emotional team leader and the other kids respond to his emotions.

As for offers, he has been contacted by several teams and is considering his option. I have been told that he has at least two offers from Division 1 schools. But, like Hemotoxic stated, as a team the boys have decided that there will be no public recruiting discussions until after the season ends. I do know that there were scouts at the Navasota vs Jasper game. Whether they were there for him or another Rattler player is not known.

Fedora is a coach that adjusts his game plan to the situation for the most part. We saw him depend on the running game and quick routes in the passing game this week. He also has total confidence that his defense can and will make stops. Against LaMarque he saw a team with the athletic ability to play alot of effective man to man pass coverages and took advantage of the numbers in the box alot. I expect we will see the same against WOS. I do think he will test the secondary a little more next week to see if he can find a weakness. I, as a fan, haven't found that weakness in WOS, but I do have confidence in Coach Fedora and these kids that they will find a way to have success and win. This is a very special group of kids with a very common goal and determination.

I do appreciate you comments. I know that we fans sometimes get emotional and need to be brought back to earth. However, we believe in our team.

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2012, 12:54 PM
There were coaches/scouts from Sam Houston, LSU, and Prairie View at the game on Friday.

WOS1
12-02-2012, 03:02 PM
I've seen several games where #12 gets a little out of control and have ref'd a few of those myself. I know the kid and his antics. As for the La Marque ejections...you're right. The same kid was ejected the week before. I specifically left out the La Marque actions because I'm sure the WOS supporters couldn't possibly care any less. I am only giving analysis of the team moving forward.

And you're right. I, nor any of the 7 officals and TASO reps saw that call. They threw the flag on the La Marque side and the block in question was a legit block indeed. As with many other games, there are several holding calls missed. We saw tons missed against La Marque and felt that the call was missed. Its a shame too....given the magnitude of the play. Then the officials lost it and yelled at the La Marque coaches when they questioned it. Poor officiating. It is what it is...its in the books.

I still think the state champion comes from Region III.

Glad to see you are a Ref! Please tell your bretheren that get this weeks game to please watch the holding on the offensive line for Navasota! Not saying that because they are known for it or anything. But, they are some big boys. We faced some big boys this week and they have a tendency, when they can't keep up with our quick lineman, to wrap up and grab ahold. Lorena scored some take downs Friday but no calls...:D

LionFan72
12-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Navasota Rattlers rolling to JerryWorld.

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Glad to see you are a Ref! Please tell your bretheren that get this weeks game to please watch the holding on the offensive line for Navasota! Not saying that because they are known for it or anything. But, they are some big boys. We faced some big boys this week and they have a tendency, when they can't keep up with our quick lineman, to wrap up and grab ahold. Lorena scored some take downs Friday but no calls...:D

Already crying? Making excuses?

Holding could be called on every play on either team.

whitelightning5
12-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Can't speak on that game. I just saw the Navasota/La Marque game and that was a poorly officiated game. Pretty obvious calls missed on both sides. As mentioned before, I graded those refs a 25 out of 100. I'm sure the coaches on both sides graded them poorly also.

Inmateboss
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Gotta go with WOS, Killer D!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

WOS1
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Already crying? Making excuses?

Holding could be called on every play on either team.

Are you serious??? Do you have a problem with a straight up game or is cheating expected with you guys? I assure you, if we lose there will not be (nor have there ever been) any excuses from me. Just make sure you do the same...

OldBison75
12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
WOS 1, Hemo was being facetious. He has those moments. We have both been here awhile and have never heard a WOS supporter make excuses for a loss.

HEMOTOXIC
12-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Are you serious??? Do you have a problem with a straight up game or is cheating expected with you guys? I assure you, if we lose there will not be (nor have there ever been) any excuses from me. Just make sure you do the same...

Calm down, I'm just adding a little humor.

This will be a huge contest for both. It's just a little too quite for me.

As stated, I've never witnessed a WOS fan making excuses.

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 10:37 AM
You haven't had any Navasota posters thinking we will roll, that is mostly others. Yes, I do feel like this is Navasota's year. I think Navasota played an ugly game, both penalties and turnovers. Fumbles are VERY uncharacteristic of this year's Rattler team, and LM caused a few of them. They are not used to punting either, so that game needs some work. The opposition only gets tougher this week. Has WOS faced an offense anywhere close to the ability of Navasota? That IMO is what the game will come down to, because I think Navasota's defense is a bigger matchup problem for WOS. 24-21 Navasota, and there will be one defensive score from one side.

Sounds like Navasota has already peaked, maybe a bit too soon.

Grahamcheerdad
12-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Rattlers by 10

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds like Navasota has already peaked, maybe a bit too soon.

Wishful thinking.:tisk:

I am not sure how you even gathered that from what he posted..

La Marque is a great team minus the discipline issues.

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Wishful thinking.:tisk:

I am not sure how you even gathered that from what he posted..

La Marque is a great team minus the discipline issues.

We'll see.

Don't get me wrong, I really want Navasota to win this game.

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2012, 11:21 AM
We'll see.

Don't get me wrong, I really want Navasota to win this game.

WOS may even be a tougher opponent than LaMarque..

Good Luck to Bellville! Btw, I am hoping for a Navasota/Bellville matchup in the semifinals!

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 11:35 AM
WOS may even be a tougher opponent than LaMarque..

Good Luck to Bellville! Btw, I am hoping for a Navasota/Bellville matchup in the semifinals!

I think WOS won't be as tough of an opponent as LaMarque.

I do hope Navasota and Bellville get past the 4th round and get a chance to meet in the semis!

GUNHO
12-03-2012, 11:47 AM
WO-S has 9 shutouts this year.Some against weak teams yes.But it ain't easy regardless who you play.This defense will have to limit the Rattlers to no more than 3 scores if WO-S is going to have any chance to win.No way we can win a shootout type game.We have scored a lot of points in games against weak teams but not so good against better teams and believe me we know the Rattlers have a defense too.I think the Rattlers are relying more on their offense to win and WO-S their defense.Unlike some of our fans I don't think you can all of a sudden make your offense something their not.What you have seen the last 13 games is what you got.Don't get me wrong,we ain't bad and if you go to sleep on us,you going to pay.

HEMOTOXIC
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
WO-S has 9 shutouts this year.Some against weak teams yes.But it ain't easy regardless who you play.This defense will have to limit the Rattlers to no more than 3 scores if WO-S is going to have any chance to win.No way we can win a shootout type game.We have scored a lot of points in games against weak teams but not so good against better teams and believe me we know the Rattlers have a defense too.I think the Rattlers are relying more on their offense to win and WO-S their defense.Unlike some of our fans I don't think you can all of a sudden make your offense something their not.What you have seen the last 13 games is what you got.Don't get me wrong,we ain't bad and if you go to sleep on us,you going to pay.

Good post...

OldBison75
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I am simply gonna say that this will be a matchup of a great offense against a great defense on one sideline and a damned good defense against a very competent offense on the other sideline. I think the Rattler offense will get three or four TD's. The biggest difference maker I see in the game is the Navasota field goal kicker. If he can get shots inside of 40 yards he is almost automatic. He hit from 48 last week.

pirate4state
12-03-2012, 01:25 PM

Exactly

GUNHO
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I am simply gonna say that this will be a matchup of a great offense against a great defense on one sideline and a damned good defense against a very competent offense on the other sideline. I think the Rattler offense will get three or four TD's. The biggest difference maker I see in the game is the Navasota field goal kicker. If he can get shots inside of 40 yards he is almost automatic. He hit from 48 last week.

Yeah,that wiil be a big plus for you guys.Lorena got inside the red zone three times and could not score.That would have been 9 points at least for the Rattlers.

cowboyandchrist
12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
I picked the Rattlers to play for and win the state championship and I stand by that. WOS may very well be the best team the Rattlers have faced to this point. The Rattlers have both an outstanding O and an outstanding D and from what I have read on this board WOS has a great D but not so much on the O side of the ball. To beat the Rattlers a team will have to have both and I just do not see it happening.

Red&White_9x5
12-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Not my neck of the woods so I haven't see either team play, but on paper I would say this is the game of the week without a doubt. Two undefeated powerhouses going at in this one. I think this may be the year for the Rattlers so I will take them in this one
Navasota 31
WOS 24

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Not my neck of the woods so I haven't see either team play, but on paper I would say this is the game of the week without a doubt. Two undefeated powerhouses going at in this one. I think this may be the year for the Rattlers so I will take them in this one
Navasota 31
WOS 24

I see a 3 point game coming....not quite sure on the winner.

OldBison75
12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I see a 3 point game coming....not quite sure on the winner.

You could be right, but I think that plays into the Rattlers hands with the field goal kicker we have. I will predict that this will be a game that will probably be won by 10 or less and I don't think either team will score 30.

griff
12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
You could be right, but I think that plays into the Rattlers hands with the field goal kicker we have. I will predict that this will be a game that will probably be won by 10 or less and I don't think either team will score 30.

Yeah, we saw that your kicker made a 48-yarder last week. Just FYI...we have a good kicker, too. We don't attempt many FGs, because like Navasota, we haven't need to. He booted a 40-yarder a few weeks ago. He's good.

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 03:28 PM
How balanced is the WOS offense? Any stats worth noting?

LHPfactory
12-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Just a little history, WO-S is 2-3 all-time when playing against #1 ranked teams in the AP poll. All 5 games were decided by less than 2 TDs and pretty sure Coach Thompson was there for all of them.

1981 Lost to #1 5A team Port Arthur Jefferson 20-31
1985 Lost to #1 5A team and eventual state champ Houston Yates 6-19
1987 Beat the #1 5A team Aldine MacArthur as a 4A team 6-3
1995 Lost to #1 4A team and eventual state champ LaMarque 7-18
2007 Beat the #1 3A team Giddings 28-19
2012 #1 3A Navasota up next! :)

WOS was actually winning the games against Yates and LaMarque up into the 4th quarter. I was at both and they were heartbreakers. Yates was an offensive machine and set scoring records that year yet we had them 6-6 in the 4th quarter leading on penetrations.

Just saying our coaching staff has faced the likes of Navasota and better in the past and will be prepared. This isn't our first trip to the rodeo.

I think you forgot 1 #1 that was WOS worst loss, 2005 Wimberley, that was a hell of a team.... Wow I think I corrected WOS 87, that may never happen again :)

Anyway back to 2012, this game is to close to call, edge to the Rattlers for offense, both teams have impressive Defense. This one should be tense till the end.

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I think you forgot 1 #1 that was WOS worst loss, 2005 Wimberley, that was a hell of a team.... Wow I think I corrected WOS 87, that may never happen again :)

Anyway back to 2012, this game is to close to call, edge to the Rattlers for offense, both teams have impressive Defense. This one should be tense till the end.

So they are really 2-4 against #1 ranked teams? Did Wimberley blow them out in 2005?

WOS1
12-04-2012, 10:02 PM
First, we are better than LM. Better defense, more diverse offense and WAY more discipline.

And I don't think Wimberley was ranked #1 in 2005 to end the regular season. And I think that score was 57-29 or something like that.

WOS1
12-04-2012, 10:07 PM
How balanced is the WOS offense? Any stats worth noting?

WOS averages around 210 yds rushing per game and 135 yds passing.

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 10:09 PM
First, we are better than LM. Better defense, more diverse offense and WAY more discipline.

And I don't think Wimberley was ranked #1 in 2005 to end the regular season. And I think that score was 57-29 or something like that.

For sure WOS has had some good teams in past years, but WOS is also consistently overrated based on carryover favor from those good years......like last year, there was all this buzz about WOS and they really weren't that great. So, I am always very skeptical when the WOS started spouting off about their team. I subscribe to the theory that if you have to tell everyone how great you are, you probably aren't.

Wow, 57-29, Wimberley really spanked WOS in that one!

ogg
12-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Navasota by 21.

WOS87
12-04-2012, 11:25 PM

Wimberley ended the 2005 regular season only #5 in the Final AP Poll. WO-S was #2. The score was 52-29 and it wasn't our worst loss, it was the most points ever scored against us. Our worst loss was a 41-0 loss to Jasper back in 1996.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?37180-Final-AP-Poll&highlight=Wimberley

What was that about correcting me? :D

The WO-S History I have posted on the board here shows what the ranking was of every team we played when we played them by the way. I didn't just pull that info out of nowhere

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?96146-West-Orange-Stark-Complete-Football-History-(1977-2012)

WOS87
12-05-2012, 12:43 AM
For sure WOS has had some good teams in past years, but WOS is also consistently overrated based on carryover favor from those good years......like last year, there was all this buzz about WOS and they really weren't that great. So, I am always very skeptical when the WOS started spouting off about their team. I subscribe to the theory that if you have to tell everyone how great you are, you probably aren't.

Wow, 57-29, Wimberley really spanked WOS in that one!

WOS went 7-3 in the regular season last year (10-4 overall) with almost every district game coming down to the wire. I don't remember there being any buzz at all until the playoffs when we surprisingly breezed through the first 3 rounds. You can't compare last season with this season. We gave up 53 points in the first two games starting 0-2 last year lol. 11 more points than we've given up in 13 games this year. Last year was also our first year post-Coach Hooks and with Coach Thompson in control. .... and again the Wimberley score was 52-29.. get it right if you're gonna talk smack. I also recall that those 29 points we scored equal the combined total of every other team Wimberley played that year in the playoffs combined.

83Indian
12-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Something is telling me WOS pulls off the upset.

GUNHO
12-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Something is telling me WOS pulls off the upset.

I hope your right and if that happens it will be by a hair.Navasota has all the tools.It will be tough to stop them.

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2012, 11:16 AM
http://www.brazossports.com/football/article_e836124f-ea03-55c6-b0f2-4eb5b248f9f7.html

Rearranged defense helps surging Navasota

By LARRY BOWEN larry.bowen@theeagle.com BrazosSports | 0 comments

Navasota's defense is like a monster in a horror movie. Remove the heart and it keeps going strong.

The top-ranked Rattlers are best known around the state for the high-powered offense of head coach Lee Fedora, but defense has played a major role in Navasota's surge to the state quarterfinals. The defense ranks second in the state -- behind this week's opponent, West Orange-Stark -- for the fewest points allowed in Class 3A, yielding 93 in 13 games.

"We've got one of the best defenses we've ever had here," Fedora said.

That's high praise, especially since the Rattlers lost the player Fedora called the heart and soul of the defense four games into the season. Middle linebacker Will Imhoff, who was averaging more than 10 tackles per game, broke his leg against Lexington.

"It was really a big concern to me, but we saw our kids come together," Fedora said. "They wanted to have a great season for Will Imhoff."

Fedora has long praised veteran assistant coach Bill Hoppers as one of the best defensive coordinators in the state. Hoppers and his staff made a couple of key moves after Imhoff's injury, switching senior Jaylyin Minor from outside linebacker to the middle and giving bigger roles to several players, including Imhoff's younger brother, sophomore Coy Imhoff.

The results have been terrific. Navasota has allowed 179.2 yards per game while winning by an average score of 47-7. The Rattlers shut out all four of their District 18-3A opponents, an accomplishment that looked more impressive after the league's teams went 2-1 in the opening round of the playoffs.

"We've had a real good year," said outside linebacker Dustin Savensky, who leads the team with 149 tackles. "It's amazing. With Will getting hurt, I think everyone was wondering what we were going to do. Jaylyin stepped up a lot at that position and he helped us keep going."

Minor ranks second on the team with 138 tackles and eight quarterback sacks. He roams the middle of a defense that is holding opponents to 2.9 yards per rushing attempt, slightly more than half of the 5.7 averaged by the Rattlers.

"I never wanted to play Mike linebacker," Minor said. "It's the hardest position on the field to play. You've got to watch everything, control your defense, and make sure everybody's lined up right. Will was so good at it. He's so smart.

"It was a lot of pressure [taking his place]. I just had to buckle down and get my mind straight, to lead the defense and try to pick up where he left off."

Savensky was left out last year as a junior. Primed to start in his first season on the varsity, he suffered a ruptured appendix days before the start of two-a-days. Doctors discovered Savensky had mononucleosis and an enlarged spleen, which sidelined him for nine months.

"I've been looking forward to playing on the varsity level ever since I was little," Savensky said. "I enjoyed watching my friends play, but it hurt not being out there to help them. It was especially hard when our defense had struggles. I wanted to get in there and do what I could to help."

Savensky's most recent tackle was one of his biggest. Last week he forced a fumble inside the 10-yard line with La Marque driving late, allowing the Rattlers to secure a 31-20 victory.

"There was no doubt in my mind that he was going to do everything he had to in the spring and summer to get ready," Fedora said. "He's a hard-nosed guy, a fighter. He battles for everything."

Junior lineman Jordan Wells helps Navasota take the fight to offenses. Wells leads the Rattlers with 10 sacks and 53 tackles behind the line of scrimmage. He is third with 132 tackles. Jake Bauer has contributed 100 tackles, and Coy Imhoff has 92.

Will Imhoff finished with 38 tackles, but he continues to contribute to Navasota's success.

"We lost a great player with Will breaking his leg, but we didn't lose his leadership," Fedora said. "He had surgery on Sunday night [after the Friday injury] and the doctors told him not to be back at school until Wednesday. He was at practice on Monday [three days after breaking his leg].

"He's still coaching his little brother on the sideline and talking to the other guys. It shows you what type of person he is."

OldBison75
12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
This is a great article and I think people sometimes overlook how good this defense has played this year. Yes, our offense has scored alot of points, but our defense has been a real catalyst for the offense. They have continually gotten the ball for the offense through turnovers and stops.

HEMOTOXIC
12-05-2012, 11:54 AM
This is a great article and I think people sometimes overlook how good this defense has played this year. Yes, our offense has scored alot of points, but our defense has been a real catalyst for the offense. They have continually gotten the ball for the offense through turnovers and stops.

I agree. This defense won the game against a very good La Marque Courgar team by stoping them TWICE inside the Rattler 5. The second stop may have been at the 7. Either way, it was a great defensive effort.

OldBison75
12-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Everybody likes to post highlight videos. This was produced by Navasota High School students.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5irkeKarRig?rel=0

Bull's-eye
12-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Everybody likes to post highlight videos. This was produced by Navasota High School students.

Excellent!!

Sville
12-05-2012, 07:02 PM

I like it!

Roughneck93
12-05-2012, 09:06 PM

Great job!

That place was packed!

WOS87
12-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Couple of articles out in the local Orange news

http://therecordlive.com/2012/12/04/mustangs-navasota-rattlers-friday/

http://therecordlive.com/2012/12/05/mustangs-hope-avoid-lethal-bite-rattlers/

Manso/V8
12-05-2012, 10:24 PM

Good stuff. Looks like the Cougers need to work on tackling fundamentals.
Did they do their kick-off dance?

What happened to all the LaMarque posters?

buff4ever
12-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I have Navasota winning this game. WOS is a worthy opponent, but navasota will prove to be too much.

hookandladder
12-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Navasota offense to much for WOS, Navasota pulls away in second half for big win. Navasota 48-14.

CenTexSports
12-06-2012, 11:52 AM
This should be one heck of a game. One question: What do you think is the reasoning behind them going to a 7 man officiating crew?

HEMOTOXIC
12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
This should be one heck of a game. One question: What do you think is the reasoning behind them going to a 7 man officiating crew?

IMO, the officials last week against La Marque couldn't keep up with the speed of the game. By no means am I saying this is the reason, but, that was my observation from last week. The game was very poorly officated.

radioman
12-06-2012, 12:23 PM
As the Rattlers radio play-by-play announcer I can say that I am looking forward to calling this game and I feel lucky that I get to be a part of it.

Thought there was some interesting things said by the La Marque coach in the second article that WOS87 linked.

I thought it was a holding penalty that nullified the long TD run, but he says it was because they didn't have enough men on the line of scrimmage.

Also, he said that La Marque physically beat up the Rattlers "pretty well" I am not really sure about this. Yes it was a physical game, but I never thought the Cougars were to the point of "beating up" the Rattlers.

Just my two cents.

HEMOTOXIC
12-06-2012, 12:39 PM
As the Rattlers radio play-by-play announcer I can say that I am looking forward to calling this game and I feel lucky that I get to be a part of it.

Thought there was some interesting things said by the La Marque coach in the second article that WOS87 linked.

I thought it was a holding penalty that nullified the long TD run, but he says it was because they didn't have enough men on the line of scrimmage.

Also, he said that La Marque physically beat up the Rattlers "pretty well" I am not really sure about this. Yes it was a physical game, but I never thought the Cougars were to the point of "beating up" the Rattlers.

Just my two cents.

I have to agree... Navasota dominated the Cougars on offense and defense.. And, as you stated, La Marque was the team that was beaten up.

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I have to agree... Navasota dominated the Cougars on offense and defense.. And, as you stated, La Marque was the team that was beaten up.

I agree too. The coach must be misguided. It was a definite 15 yard holding call that negated that TD run in the 4th QTR. That is what the official projected and the announcer announced.

The game never seemed out of control for Navasota. That said, had that TD run have held up, things may have gotten really interesting.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I just saw that this game is in Humble. I may just go to this one tomorrow after work.

I am working in the Galleria area so hopefully traffic isn't too nasty on Friday.

WOS1
12-06-2012, 07:29 PM

So they can keep an eye on the Navasota O-line and keep them from holding all night... :D

OldBison75
12-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Yep, that is probably the reason. We have had very few holding calls against o-lineman all year. I am sure that the 13 crews that have officiated our games did not know the rules well enough to recognize holding.

Next thing you know we will be called a rich district with money bag boosters that are paying for the extra official so that they can make more calls against WOS. Just remember that with more officials there is more eyes to see every violation, not just the offensive line of the Rattlers.
There are already two officials to watch the trenches.

What I hope is that whatever officials are used, no matter how many, establish control of the game early and are consistent. I don't really care if they make a lot of calls as long as they are consistent.

CenTexSports
12-06-2012, 10:10 PM
The crews core group called a state championship game last year. They are a good crew.

Manso/V8
12-07-2012, 01:05 AM
So they can keep an eye on the Navasota O-line and keep them from holding all night... :D

It is a little early to start rolling out the excuses.

WOS87
12-07-2012, 03:03 AM
It is a little early to start rolling out the excuses.

No excuses.. Navasota has the State Title in their pocket already obviously.. Congratz! The other 7 teams in the bracket should just give up. It's over.

OldBison75
12-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Okay, it is game day. This is the Rattlers biggest game of the year to this point. This is also WOS biggest game of the year so far. Two undefeated teams, both with very, very good defenses. The Rattler offense has the better offensive stats, but, they have not faced a defense with the stats they will see tonight.

Do I believe that it is a foregone conclusion the Rattlers win? NO Do I think they should win? YES

Her is my take:
Navasota has an offense that will make a few really big plays to put points on the board.
One of these two defenses will make a huge contribution to the scoring with a score of their own.
The WOS defense will hold Navasota under 30 points.
Both teams will try at least two field goals.
Both teams will have at least two turnovers.
The last 12 minutes of the game will be a battle of wills and probably decide the final outcome.
Navasota will pull out a 24-14 win thanks to a late TD.

GUNHO
12-07-2012, 08:36 AM
No excuses.. Navasota has the State Title in their pocket already obviously.. Congratz! The other 7 teams in the bracket should just give up. It's over.

Yeah...just like Brownwood did huh 87.:D

OldBison75
12-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Just for the record, on this board, the Navasota fans from Navasota, recognize that this will be the best teams we will have faced. We also know that we must play a great game to win--this will be no pushover. We believe in our team and I would not expect any less.

Not a single poster from Navasota has indicated that the Rattlers are guaranteed a win. We gave our opinions like everyone else does. Those type comments come from others.

Cute comments like having more officials to watch o-line holding and the resulting comment about excuses came from somewhere besides Navasota.

As for the LaMarque coach that decided to speak in the article that was posted on this thread, he definitely has a bone to pick because his team lost and based on the behavior of his team and coaches during the game, he is really bitter. If you saw the game it was hard hitting on both sides and dirty play was their style and they got caught. Interesting that he also happened to be a former WOS assistant and could easily be counted on to add fuel to this weeks game because of his ties to the WOS program.

Kids will take the field tonight and play their hearts out for the next game. I don't expect anything else. It will be a great game in my opinion and I only pray that both teams leave the field with their heads held high because they have accomplished what only a few can achieve each year. Good luck WOS!!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Go SNAKES! Bring it!

Bull's-eye
12-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Good luck to both teams! A great offense vs a great defense, should be one whale of a game.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Can someone give me the address to the stadium in Humble?

BTW I'll be sitting on the Navasota side, they wear BLUE so I'll fit in a little better.

GUNHO
12-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Can someone give me the address to the stadium in Humble?

BTW I'll be sitting on the Navasota side, they wear BLUE so I'll fit in a little better.

1700 Wilson Rd.

whitelightning5
12-07-2012, 10:45 AM

So given that logic, WOS is the only team being held in the great state of Texas. There are a hand full of holding calls missed in every game that I watch.

WOS1
12-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Cute comments like having more officials to watch o-line holding and the resulting comment about excuses came from somewhere besides Navasota.

That was made by me and purely in fun... Thus the smiley face at the end...

WOS1
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
So given that logic, WOS is the only team being held in the great state of Texas. There are a hand full of holding calls missed in every game that I watch.

No logic... just having fun, man...

WOS1
12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Just for the record, on this board, the Navasota fans from Navasota, recognize that this will be the best teams we will have faced. We also know that we must play a great game to win--this will be no pushover. We believe in our team and I would not expect any less.

Not a single poster from Navasota has indicated that the Rattlers are guaranteed a win. We gave our opinions like everyone else does. Those type comments come from others.

I will say that, for the most part, most of the Navasota fans on this and the SETX site have been fairly reasonable and respectful in their predictions and posts. There is still an "air" that most don't really think that WOS can stay on the field with them. And that's all good and understandable. You guys have obliterated everyone that has stood in your way with the exception of LaMarque (yes I have seen that game on film and I am one that does not feel Navasota dominated that game). That said, many fans won't understand that you can go thru a season and blow out everyone (as you have), but when you run into a team that DOES have the talent to match up with you, player for player and has the discipline to match, the unthinkable can happen. It doesn't matter how many yards passing your QB has or what you scored against so and so. It's about whether or not your WR can get separation from our CB or whether your center can stay in front of our NG all night. That's what is going to decide this. I'm not saying WOS can match up player for player, that will be seen in about 8 hours... But I DO feel like, if anyone can, we can. So we shall see...

Be safe getting there and going home!

whitelightning5
12-07-2012, 11:44 AM
I will say that, for the most part, most of the Navasota fans on this and the SETX site have been fairly reasonable and respectful in their predictions and posts. There is still an "air" that most don't really think that WOS can stay on the field with them. And that's all good and understandable. You guys have obliterated everyone that has stood in your way with the exception of LaMarque (yes I have seen that game on film and I am one that does not feel Navasota dominated that game). That said, many fans won't understand that you can go thru a season and blow out everyone (as you have), but when you run into a team that DOES have the talent to match up with you, player for player and has the discipline to match, the unthinkable can happen. It doesn't matter how many yards passing your QB has or what you scored against so and so. It's about whether or not your WR can get separation from our CB or whether your center can stay in front of our NG all night. That's what is going to decide this. I'm not saying WOS can match up player for player, that will be seen in about 8 hours... But I DO feel like, if anyone can, we can. So we shall see...

Be safe getting there and going home!

Anyone who thinks this W is in the bag is a joke. Should be a classic game. I've said before...I can see a 3 point game, but can't pick the winner here.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-07-2012, 11:48 AM
1700 Wilson Rd.

Thank you, sir. I'll be sitting in the Navasota side to blend in with the blue. lol

OldBison75
12-07-2012, 11:53 AM
WOS1, i agree with what you are saying. I also think that WOS matches up with Navasota very well. I think the team that makes the best adjustments on the fly will be the winner. If either team does not make adjustments series by series and waits to half-time, they could be in trouble. This game, in my eyes, will come down to the end before it is decided. If it is one point or ten, I think the last to score will be the winner.

Saggy Aggie
12-07-2012, 12:05 PM
I just dont see WOS keeping up. I've seen Nav, WOS, LM & WC all this year multiple times... I think Navasota wins by 20.

Good luck Rattlers.

Necked
12-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I just dont see WOS keeping up. I've seen Nav, WOS, LM & WC all this year multiple times... I think Navasota wins by 20.

Good luck Rattlers.

I've seen them all in person as well, & agree that Nav was the best of the bunch, but I think the spread will be closer to a 12 -14 point range...
If the weather stays like it is now I'll be at the game as well, as its only a 20 min drive for me...

Necked
12-07-2012, 12:41 PM
nm...

WOS1
12-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Thank you, sir. I'll be sitting in the Navasota side to blend in with the blue. lol

WOS is blue too! :D

whitelightning5
12-07-2012, 02:37 PM

I dont know much about the following of WOS, but I can say that Navasota completely filled up the home side of the Woodlands Woodforest Bank stadium last Friday. You may not have a choice, but to sit on the WOS side. It appeared that there were over 5k fans there for Navasota.

pirate4state
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
WOS buddies work has kept me from this game, but I am oh so thankful to have a job! I will follow along online and will be with yall in spirit! GOOD LUCK WOS!!! Safe travels to all

HEMOTOXIC
12-07-2012, 03:38 PM

Not Rattler Blue!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm gonna be the brave one and be wearing a Port Isabel Tarpons shirt. I'll stick out like a sore thumb, but whatever, at least I'm not wearing RED!

If you see me, come say hi. I'll be with one of my former teammates from Port Isabel as well.

whitelightning5
12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
[/color]
i'm gonna be the brave one and be wearing a port isabel tarpons shirt. I'll stick out like a sore thumb, but whatever, at least i'm not wearing red!

If you see me, come say hi. I'll be with one of my former teammates from port isabel as well.

what's wrong with red?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-07-2012, 05:13 PM
It's Bellville color. :)

whitelightning5
12-07-2012, 05:15 PM
it's bellville color. :)

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm here! Nava side, North end 30 yrd line top of the stadium, blending into the blue with my PI Tarpons shirt.

OldBison75
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
How big is the crowd right now?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Navasota has a good size crowd. WOS didn't bring much, which surprises me.