PDA

View Full Version : Region I Quarter-Final GotW: Graham(12-1) Vs. Gatesville(13-0)

Pages : [1] 2

Rattler
12-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Grahams defense will destroy gatesville!

Eagle 1
12-01-2012, 02:12 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again.
It's the year of the Hornet.

Rattler
12-01-2012, 02:22 AM
We have plenty of hornet spray around here!

toddg
12-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Man..I'm torn between these two teams..I'd like to see both of them advance to the semis! I'll make up my mind later on this one..

GrTigers6
12-01-2012, 10:06 AM
I dont know, Before we played graham i thought that Gatesville would be the better team between the two but after the last few weeks I believe it could be graham. I believe that it will come doen to Defense and that could be advantage Graham. Yall should play in Glen Rose! That would be an awesome matchup to see. And I wouldnt have to drive very far lol

#1 TEXAN
12-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Tarleton in stephenville is where they play.

Deuce
12-01-2012, 10:23 AM
I dont know, Before we played graham i thought that Gatesville would be the better team between the two but after the last few weeks I believe it could be graham. I believe that it will come doen to Defense and that could be advantage Graham. Yall should play in Glen Rose! That would be an awesome matchup to see. And I wouldnt have to drive very far lol
Its going to be in Stephenville

Inmateboss
12-01-2012, 10:26 AM

If you come to the game we will let you set on our side and try hard to make it worth the drive!!! Hope ya get to come!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Eagle 1
12-01-2012, 10:38 AM

Goldy is playing Glen Rose on Friday. Does your home side have built in stadium seats or just bleachers?

Rabid Cougar
12-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Goldy is playing Glen Rose on Friday. Does your home side have built in stadium seats or just bleachers?
They have stadium chairs in the Middle Section. If have any length to you I would recommend the the bleacher seats to either side. Maybe GT6 can get you a seat in the Suites or Patios in the "Palace".

GrTigers6
12-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Goldy is playing Glen Rose on Friday. Does your home side have built in stadium seats or just bleachers?Both, Middle section has seats with backs.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=172
The red section is the seats that are backed

GrTigers6
12-01-2012, 11:09 AM
If you come to the game we will let you set on our side and try hard to make it worth the drive!!! Hope ya get to come!!

Go # 5I will probably be saying here for the Goldthwaite /Italy game. My neices are in the band for Goldthwaite.

Hornet
12-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Hornets vs. Steers should be a terriffic match-up. Hornets are coming off an emotional come from behind OT victory. Hornets are patient and opportunistic. Ready to Rumble in The Ville Friday!

Rattler
12-01-2012, 11:41 AM
The Gatesville Hornets have had a great season and have earned a lot of respect. There is nothing to be ashamed of losin the the Graham steers. Hell just about anyone would love to have a 13-1 record.:stirpot:

TXfootballboi!
12-01-2012, 11:48 AM
If gatesville doesnt want that loss at the end of that perfect season then they will pull out all the stops.. i know what it feels like to lose.. espically trying to get a perfect season.. of course my teams loss was on a bigger stage

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-01-2012, 01:58 PM

we all know that with #22 yall beat Graham.. I pick GV by 7.......

Deuce
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM
we all know that with #22 yall beat Graham.. I pick GV by 7.......

Doubt it!

#1 TEXAN
12-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Just by looking at what monahans done to gatesville it could be a long night for the hornets, I don't see graham turning ball over 5 times again. I'm gonna say 42-21 steers to semis.

defense51
12-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Just by looking at what monahans done to gatesville it could be a long night for the hornets, I don't see graham turning ball over 5 times again. I'm gonna say 42-21 steers to semis.
If you do turn the ball over 5 times against Gatesville, it will be a long night for Graham! I think this games will be a shootout.

Tin Cup
12-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Graham 42
Gatesville 35

The fairy tale comes to an end for the Hornets

Slick50
12-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Hopefully we won't have a first half like we did last night!!

Sville
12-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Graham is making a believer out of me. They are not a team that is going to impress you when they get off the bus and they have just enough speed at the right spots. What they do do well is play good fundamental team football. Their LB core was the most impressive part in the 1 game I got to see them play.

Deuce
12-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Graham is making a believer out of me. They are not a team that is going to impress you when they get off the bus and they have just enough speed at the right spots. What they do do well is play good fundamental team football. Their LB core was the most impressive part in the 1 game I got to see them play.
Which game did u see? Another good thing is that 2 of the LB's are only Jr's.

Hornet
12-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Hornets are not living a Fairy Tale season....each victory all thirteen have been earned....some against some very worthy opponets. The Hornets have handeled everyone and evrything thrown at them this season and have come out on top. I expect a hard fought game which may come down to execution by both teams. Hornets were picked 4th in 8-3A, they believed in the system, in their coaches and most importantly in themselves and Never Count them out.....Trailing 27 - 14 to Monhans in 4th....only to win it in OT. The Hornets will be ready for whatever Graham has to offer...

Sville
12-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Which game did u see? Another good thing is that 2 of the LB's are only Jr's.

Glen Rose

Smitty
12-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Hopefully we won't have a first half like we did last night!!

Thats the truth! I was keeping track of the Graham game while watching the YellowJackets, and the first update on Friday Night Football app said
Greewood 14 - 0 .......I thought Holy Crap Batman!!!

83Indian
12-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Graham will have the best defense and overall offense Gatesville has played this year. Seeing both teams play, I believe Graham has the edge. Gatesville has quietly racked up 13 wins and no losses and every team facing them in the playoffs has felt they could beat them. The underdog role fits them well and I would not be surprised if they pull it off. The GV quarterback is a play maker that could be the difference maker. He is a big play maker that can score quickly before you know what hit you. Graham prevents the big plays and they may win big.

Good luck to both teams.

Grahamcheerdad
12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
34 degress 70 percent chance of rain Graham by 21

Inmateboss
12-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Graham will have the best defense and overall offense Gatesville has played this year. Seeing both teams play, I believe Graham has the edge. Gatesville has quietly racked up 13 wins and no losses and every team facing them in the playoffs has felt they could beat them. The underdog role fits them well and I would not be surprised if they pull it off. The GV quarterback is a play maker that could be the difference maker. He is a big play maker that can score quickly before you know what hit you. Graham prevents the big plays and they may win big.

Good luck to both teams.

We have a couple of guys that can play some ball, nothing to write home and tell the folks about, but all in all pretty good guys!! Be interesting to see how we do here. It won't be a gimme for sure!! But were gonna ease over and see what y'all got!!!

Go # 5

Hornet
12-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Hornets will take advantage of every opportunity. If the game comes down to a shoot out I like the hornets in a close one.

Inmateboss
12-01-2012, 11:17 PM
From what I'm seeing and hearing, this is gonna be a great matchup!!!
Congrats to the Graham Steers and the Gatesville Hornets on making it to some December football!!!!! I don't care who you are, that's great stuff right there!!!

Go # 5

Yoe_09
12-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Thoughts & Predictions?

#1 TEXAN
12-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Hornets will take advantage of every opportunity. If the game comes down to a shoot out I like the hornets in a close one.

If the lobos can put up 34 on the hornets you don't wanna get into a shoot out with the steers cause it will not be pretty.

regaleagle
12-02-2012, 03:25 AM
Cold, wet weather will favor Graham I believe. I like Graham in this one regardless. I just think they have the best TEAM. The qb for GV is a difference-maker, no doubt. It's too early to predict a score. I'm waiting for the forecast closer to gametime.

Deuce
12-02-2012, 10:23 AM
34 degress 70 percent chance of rain Graham by 21
Everywhere I look says temps. in the 50's and 10% chance of rain

Inmateboss
12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Everywhere I look says temps. in the 50's and 10% chance of rain

Me too!! And that will be fine, cold is one thing, dry is better!!!

Go # 5

Rattler
12-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Who knows that far out... It could be snowing or hotter than hell....its Texas!

Grahamcheerdad
12-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry about forcast 34 and raining that was off phone it shows different now but still Graham by 1

LionFan72
12-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Does it really matter what the weather is, both teams have to play in it. Man what a decision, pulled for GV and Graham till now. Guess I will have to go with our district mate Gatesville Hornets by 1 just because. Good luck to both, and an injury free game.

Inmateboss
12-02-2012, 04:20 PM
And I thought last week took forever!!!

Go # 5

Rattler
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Is it Friday yet???

#1 TEXAN
12-02-2012, 09:55 PM
After coming out to a slow start fri night I think the steers are looking to come out and make a statement, I think gatesville is gonna be in for a big surprise come friday night.

Hornet
12-03-2012, 12:09 AM
After coming out to a slow start fri night I think the steers are looking to come out and make a statement, I think gatesville is gonna be in for a big surprise come Friday night.

After studying the stats and averaging the schedule strength, we should have ourselves an excellent football game in store for Friday Night. Both of these teams will be playing their 14th game of the season and have everything to play for to advance to the next round. No matter which "G" wins...the game should be plenty exciting for both sides.

No defense has had the ability to stop the Hornet Offense and looking at head to head comparison games of Brownwood and Vernon seems both teams (Gatesville and Graham) played them evenly.

If one team or the other is able to capitalize on turnovers, that will be huge. The kicking game will be a vital part of the game as well...but most of all it will come down to execution by 22 young men on the field.

"It's on like Donkey Knog!" - Uncle Si

Lion70
12-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Winner of this gets either the 2009 State Champ Gilmer or 2010 State Champion Henderson good luck with that.

Deuce
12-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Winner of this gets either the 2009 State Champ Gilmer or 2010 State Champion Henderson good luck with that.
Well this is 2012, so not real sure that those past championships have a darn thing to do with the game next week.

Hornet
12-03-2012, 08:54 AM

I know here in Gatesville, we are not even looking at either match-up..only game on the radar is Graham, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Grahamcheerdad
12-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Did these kids go watch them play

Rattler
12-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Agreed Gatesville and only Gatesville right now. Its time to squash some Hornets!

loyalfan
12-03-2012, 09:06 AM

Yeah and the winner of Henderson and Gilmer may get 2000 State Champ Gatesville. Stupid Post...

Cam
12-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Man..I'm torn between these two teams..I'd like to see both of them advance to the semis! I'll make up my mind later on this one..

...procrastinator!....:tongue:

Cam
12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Go Hornets!.....Keep District 8-3A alive!....:thumbsup:

Rattler
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
http://brand-name-discounts.com/prod_images_blowup/RaidWaspandHornetSpray3Pk.jpg

Slick50
12-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I heard Graham is the home team, is this correct?

Grahamcheerdad
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Yes Graham is home

Rattler
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.d2football.com/stadiums/tarletonstate/t46/

Ragin Red
12-03-2012, 12:53 PM
This is going to be a good game between two good teams good luck to both and help both teams to stay healthy.

Deuce
12-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I think what happened to Graham in the 1st half of the Greenwood game was the best thing that could have happened to the boys in getting ready for this week. I believe they now understand that if you don't come fully prepared and dominate for 4 quarters, there is a chance your done. Luckily they turned it on after that horrible start in the first qtr.This week I see them coming out on fire much like they did in the Glen Rose game.

loyalfan
12-03-2012, 02:52 PM
http://www.d2football.com/stadiums/tarletonstate/t46/

Luckily, the stadium is in a little better shape than that these days.

Red&White_9x5
12-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I am looking forward to heading to Stephenville to watch this one. I have a feeling that this one is going to come down to the wire and there will be many lead changes. I am picking Gatesville 38
Graham 34

Rattler
12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Graham 42 Gatesville 23

Hornet
12-03-2012, 03:32 PM
It all comes down to match-ups...how will Grahams defense match up with Hornet offense and vice versa? Kicking game and return teams...special teams may play a huge role in this game and always turnovers...Hornets are plus 10 for the year...looking forward to great game Friday!

Rattler
12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Graham 24 int - 8 returned for tds vs 9 thrown = +16
14 fumbles recovered vs 9 lost = +5
21 sacks on the year.
7 receivers averaging 11+ yards per catch.

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2012, 03:54 PM
21 sacks on the year.

+21 on turnover margin :1omg!: The hornets better watch out or one of there passes will be going the other way before they even know what has hit them.

Hornet
12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
21 sacks on the year.
Very impressive stats for the Steers, indeed! The biggest stat that sticks out are those interceptions 24 with 8 pick 6's. Hornets have similiar statswith the exception of the interceptions....

hollywood
12-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Gatesville by 7+

Deuce
12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Gatesville by 7+

Sweet! It seems like we always win if you pick the other team.

hollywood
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
FYI-- parking will be horrible on the home side. Tarleton is
in the middle of parking lot and street construction. My
suggestion would be to get there early or park and eat at
Mi Familia for a pre-game meal. Another option is to park
south behind the tennis courts.

hollywood
12-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Sweet! It seems like we always win if you pick the other team.

Lol.. could very well be Graham's game.. but it all depends on who shows up. Don't even bring that other pick into this.

If both play to their potential, and I've seen both play, IMO, Gateville is at least a touchdown better. But hey, this ain't no dog and pony show jack. This is going to be a hoot-nanny hum-dinger... a pants off dance off jack. ;)

The QB for Gatesville will be the difference.

InglesideAlum22
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Doesn't Graham have a streak going of pic 6's ?

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Lol.. could very well be Graham's game.. but it all depends on who shows up. Don't even bring that other pick into this.

If both play to their potential, and I've seen both play, IMO, Gateville is at least a touchdown better. But hey, this ain't no dog and pony show jack. This is going to be a hoot-nanny hum-dinger... a pants off dance off jack. ;)

The QB for Gatesville will be the difference.

Isn't this coming from the person who thought glen rose was 14+ better then the steer team??

Rattler
12-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Does anyone else find it humorous that the picks so far have been for the teams the posters teams have played.

BW had a perfect defensive game plan for GR last night. And, I don't think enough people have given BW's defense enough credit either. Yeah, GR did look off of their usual game offensively in terms of execution, but BW's blitzes had something to do with that too! GR turned the ball over 4 times against a team who had their chances to take advantage. But, GR's D was too much for BW's offense. Someone mentioned neither team could block each other, true. But most importantly, neither offense made adjustments to counter until GR finally decided to just run the ball.

Graham is a very solid team. So is GR. This game could go either way. Team that takes care of the ball the best will win this game. I've seen GR execute their offense impressively. They didn't last night and I was truley surprised. I think they will bounce back to their normal game and win in a hard fought game again. I'll take GR by 10.

GR 34
GRM 24

When we win this week, you still will not be a believer hollywood!

hollywood
12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Isn't this coming from the person who thought glen rose was 14+ better then the steer team??

Yep. And we don't need to get into that discussion again.

I'm not saying I'm going to be right.. but's it's my opinion. Who all on here picked Abilene Wylie to beat Stephenville? LOL! Yea right. I told you suckers if both teams played 100% to their potential, Stephenville would over power Wylie.

Rattler
12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I think after watching several hours of film Grahams defensive speed and hitting will wear down a Gatesville team. Gatesville defense can not and will not stop Grahams offense!

hollywood
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
When we win this week, you still will not be a believer hollywood!

Rattler, I like Graham. I really do. I love the QB. Davis is a great composed kid. #5 is a stud! Fast as a thoroughbred. #10 Gonzales is like lightning in a bottle. The O-line is stout and does a great job to allow Davis plenty of time to deliver the ball.

Gatesville is dang good. I watched them dismantle a salty Brownwood defense (they improved a lot over the season). QB #9 is a STUD. He is the lifeline of the offense. The O-line is big. Their RB #21 reminds me a lot of Graham Gonzales. Lightning in a bottle. WR's have great hands.

It's going to be a great game.. wish I could watch this one and root on the Steers... it's practically in my back yard. But I'll be watching another bulldog team become humbled. ;)

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Yep. And we don't need to get into that discussion again.

I'm not saying I'm going to be right.. but's it's my opinion. Who all on here picked Abilene Wylie to beat Stephenville? LOL! Yea right. I told you suckers if both teams played 100% to their potential, Stephenville would over power Wylie.

I will have to give it to you on the ville they are real deal no doubt, as for gatesville I don't feel like there defense is very impressive IMO I think the steers offense will walk all over them and I don't see gatesville putting up more then 21 on steers IF we take care of the ball.

Hornet
12-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I will have to give it to you on the ville they are real deal no doubt, as for gatesville I don't feel like there defense is very impressive IMO I think the steers offense will walk all over them and I don't see gatesville putting up more then 21 on steers IF we take care of the ball.

Gatesville Offense is the real deal and it will take a mighty effort to hold them to 21. Lowest offensive output was 24 on a rainy night. IMO the most complete team they have faced is Alvarado. If Gatesville is within two scores when the 4th quarter starts hang on because they find a way to win.

Very disciplined, very few turn overs. Avg Maxprep rank of Gatesville opponets is 47 vs. Grahams avg opponet rank of almost 60. The Hornets are battle tested and will be ready to get after the Steers!

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Gatesville Offense is the real deal and it will take a mighty effort to hold them to 21. Lowest offensive output was 24 on a rainy night. IMO the most complete team they have faced is Alvarado. If Gatesville is within two scores when the 4th quarter starts hang on because they find a way to win.

Very disciplined, very few turn overs. Avg Maxprep rank of Gatesville opponets is 47 vs. Grahams avg opponet rank of almost 60. The Hornets are battle tested and will be ready to get after the Steers!

The lobos gave gatesville all they wanted then some.

hollywood
12-03-2012, 06:27 PM
The lobos gave gatesville all they wanted then some.

And those lobos gave AW all they wanted and then some. ;)

AW 20
MH 17

Deuce
12-03-2012, 06:31 PM
And those lobos gave AW all they wanted and then some. ;)

AW 20
MH 17

And if i remember correctly, that AW team had alot of guys out with injury.

Inmateboss
12-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Rattler, I like Graham. I really do. I love the QB. Davis is a great composed kid. #5 is a stud! Fast as a thoroughbred. #10 Gonzales is like lightning in a bottle. The O-line is stout and does a great job to allow Davis plenty of time to deliver the ball.

Gatesville is dang good. I watched them dismantle a salty Brownwood defense (they improved a lot over the season). QB #9 is a STUD. He is the lifeline of the offense. The O-line is big. Their RB #21 reminds me a lot of Graham Gonzales. Lightning in a bottle. WR's have great hands.

It's going to be a great game.. wish I could watch this one and root on the Steers... it's practically in my back yard. But I'll be watching another bulldog team become humbled. ;)

I agree that we're pretty even in lots of areas, but I think we have what it takes to go another round!! Turnovers will be costly !

Go # 5

Slick50
12-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I know nothing about Gatesville and don't really need to, if our guys play our game, I like our chances.

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2012, 08:21 PM
And if i remember correctly, that AW team had alot of guys out with injury.

Only 6 starters.......

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2012, 08:31 PM

Glen rose told us the same thing.........

Hornet
12-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Glen rose told us the same thing.........

Gatesville is not Glen Rose, and I believe the game will be a close hard fought affair.

Deuce
12-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Gatesville is not Glen Rose, and I believe the game will be a close hard fought affair.
Have to agree with you here. This will be a battle! I have confidence that our boys will be ready though. Heard from 1 dad that a bunch of the team was watching film at his house the day after the Greenwood game. These boys are dedicated and ready to prove something!

Rattler
12-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Ya I heard the players average 10 hours a week on their own time watching film!

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Have to agree with you here. This will be a battle! I have confidence that our boys will be ready though. Heard from 1 dad that a bunch of the team was watching film at his house the day after the Greenwood game. These boys are dedicated and ready to prove something!

I don't see this being much of a contest after about the 3rd...... I have been wrong before but I just feel like the hornets are gonna get rolled!

Rattler
12-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Gatesville has show they can come from behind. I will feel better being up by 30 in the fourth!

#1 TEXAN
12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Gatesville has show they can come from behind. I will feel better being up by 30 in the fourth!

I don't seen us getting up by 30 but I will say 21......:stirpot:

Inmateboss
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
If we're up by 1 at the buzzer, I'm a happy camper!!!

Go # 5

BEAST
12-03-2012, 11:09 PM
I could be wrong and often am. Ive seen Brownwood play Graham, Gatesville, and Glen Rose. In my opinion, Gatesville is the best of the 3. However, Graham is a VERY close 2nd. I really the Gatesville will make some plays that change the game.

BEAST

Hornet
12-03-2012, 11:38 PM
The steers just be ready as the Swarm is coming your way Friday night!

defense51
12-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Padilla picked Gatesville by 1 :stirpot:

Inmateboss
12-03-2012, 11:43 PM
The steers just be ready as the Swarm is coming your way Friday night!

We're bringing plenty of bug spray!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-03-2012, 11:45 PM
I could be wrong and often am. Ive seen Brownwood play Graham, Gatesville, and Glen Rose. In my opinion, Gatesville is the best of the 3. However, Graham is a VERY close 2nd. I really the Gatesville will make some plays that change the game.

BEAST

Save your money!!

Go # 5

Rattler
12-04-2012, 12:02 AM
The sting of a bug on our butts will be nothing compared to the steers stampede running all over your defense!

Rattler
12-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Here is a little preview of what it will be like to go against the Steer defense:
http://gifsoup.com/view/754850/ray-lewis-big-hit-o.gif

Deuce
12-04-2012, 08:43 AM

BEAST

I respect your opinion but I think if u saw Graham play over the last few weeks u would have a different opinion. When the year started, I didn't see Graham making it passed the 2nd round. This group has gotten better every week and they are now on a mission.

Slick50
12-04-2012, 08:49 AM

What does he know?:vrycnfsd:

Inmateboss
12-04-2012, 09:02 AM

By one?? Not very sure is he!!!

Go # 5

LionFan72
12-04-2012, 09:18 AM
I said by one earlier, but it could go either way. Think this is the most evenly matched game of the week. Good luck to both teams, think it will be a slobber knocker.

Rattler
12-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Here is what you will see all night long!
http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4349782&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/4349782/graham-steers.html)

toddg
12-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Here is a little preview of what it will be like to go against the Steer defense:
http://gifsoup.com/view/754850/ray-lewis-big-hit-o.gif

so you're comparing the steer defense to the nfl ravens?

"And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!"

Rattler
12-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes the hitting part!!!!!

Slick50
12-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Doesn't Graham have a streak going of pic 6's ?

Nope, didn't have one against Glen Rose

hollywood
12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Yep, these 2 teams are probably the most evenly matched teams this week, I agree. If I were forced to pick, I'd give the edge to Gatesville only because of the QB. Both are plenty good. Gatesville's Qb #9 has the experience factor as a senior but is also so good at eluding pressure and making plays with his feet and arm.

If Graham can get a couple of key stops, they have a strong chance to win. Both defenses play very similar in that they swarm to the ball.

Going to be a great match up.

Ragin Red
12-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Yep, these 2 teams are probably the most evenly matched teams this week, I agree. If I were forced to pick, I'd give the edge to Gatesville only because of the QB. Both are plenty good. Gatesville's Qb #9 has the experience factor as a senior but is also so good at eluding pressure and making plays with his feet and arm.

If Graham can get a couple of key stops, they have a strong chance to win. Both defenses play very similar in that they swarm to the ball.

Going to be a great match up.
So are you trying to say that the Qb is all they have or what? If so then this should be easier than what I thought it was going to be. The last team we faced everybody was talking about their Qb and he didn't win the game for them.
Our Quarterback eludes pressure when he has to also, and has a very good receiver corp that doesn't mind blocking down field either.

Steers win by 14

Hornet
12-04-2012, 01:13 PM
So are you trying to say that the Qb is all they have or what? If so then this should be easier than what I thought it was going to be. The last team we faced everybody was talking about their Qb and he didn't win the game for them.
Our Quarterback eludes pressure when he has to also, and has a very good receiver corp that doesn't mind blocking down field either.

Steers win by 14

The QB is the playmaker, but no he is not all the Hornets have. QB has thrown for 2700 yards, run for another 1100, rb has run for over 1200...great O line..with talented tall receivers....salty defense...yes the defense will give some yardage...but will keep the Hornets in the game...2nd half of games historically this year the "D" has made the necessary adjustments to slow or shut down the opponets offense, while the HOrnet offense is like a machine..consistently good. If you commit to stop the run, they will hurt you with the pass, if you commit to stop the pass they will hurt you with the run. Hornets in no way are a one dimensional team...and if the game comes down to FG, we have one of the best kickers in 3A...drilled the 35 yarder in OT against Monahans, the kid has ice water running through his veins. Monahans matched up well with the Hornets. they had a very nice game plan and took away the run of the RB, but QB was on target all night..and his escapability is phenominal...after the win against Brownwood, Coach Bob Shipley said, "Their QB is the Johnny Manziel of
3A football."

No one saw this Swarm coming for Gatesville, except the kids themselves and the coaching staff. We were picked 4th in district, picked to lose to Alvarado in the first round....Monahans gave the Hornets all they wanted with the Wing-T...very well coached team and very disciplned...Gatesville expects the same from Graham, who will be the most balanced offensive team we have played....should be a great match-up between two well deserving teams...

Ragin Red
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
should be a great match-up good luck to both teams and pray they all stay healthy

Rattler
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
If anything the offenses are almost a perfect match. The big difference is the Steer defense is 1-2 factors above Gatesville!

Steer81
12-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Have the Teams Gatesville played this year been more run or pass?

hollywood
12-04-2012, 02:38 PM

Both

Hornet
12-04-2012, 02:43 PM

Gatesville has played more run oriented offenses this year....moving from District 17-3A to 8-3A...in 17-3A they were played against much more of a passing attack...the move over to 8-3A saw us line up against Wing-T offenses of Lampasas and Liberty Hill...majority of teams we played this year tried to use the run to control the clock...in the playoffs it's been a steady does of run, run, run....Alvarado - Power I, Vernon - Slot - T, Monahans Wing T...it will be interesting to see how Gatesville D matches up with Graham O seems Graham will bring a much more balanced attack with big play potential.

hollywood
12-04-2012, 02:45 PM

Steers win by 14

Not at all. Hornet covered it well. Gatesville is a very well balanced team. Athletes all over the field. I too see the Manziel-isk type of athleticism in Edmiston. He is a big time gamer. Will make plays and make you go, wow, how did he do that? Again, Graham is equally as good and has as good of a chance to win this one IMO. But the edge I give is to Gatesville because of Edmiston's ability to make plays either through the air or on the ground.

Oh, wait until you see their right tackle! :eek:

Steer81
12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Gatesville has played more run oriented offenses this year....moving from District 17-3A to 8-3A...in 17-3A they were played against much more of a passing attack...the move over to 8-3A saw us line up against Wing-T offenses of Lampasas and Liberty Hill...majority of teams we played this year tried to use the run to control the clock...in the playoffs it's been a steady does of run, run, run....Alvarado - Power I, Vernon - Slot - T, Monahans Wing T...it will be interesting to see how Gatesville D matches up with Graham O seems Graham will bring a much more balanced attack with big play potential.

That is what I wondered. Steers are very good at going after what the defence will give. If the run is not there they go to the air and use run to set up the pass. Or if they have to run they can. So far the only team that has slowed down the Offence was Wylie. Steers SO FAR have had their way on Offence. This should be fun!

Slick50
12-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Inmate and Red, yall cooking any sausage before the game?http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/4th-july/barbecue.gif

Hornet
12-04-2012, 03:31 PM
That is what I wondered. Steers are very good at going after what the defence will give. If the run is not there they go to the air and use run to set up the pass. Or if they have to run they can. So far the only team that has slowed down the Offence was Wylie. Steers SO FAR have had their way on Offence. This should be fun!

I agree Steer81, should be a really fun night! Both teams have plenty to be proud of...overall records and playing into December...that is what makes small town football so fun....the entire community gets behind the team. We played in Abilene last Friday evening and our stands were packed....I was talking to one of our local merchants on Saturday and he said Friday after 4pm there was no one left in town. Gatesville travels very well....I'm sure Graham does as well....folks in G-Town are worried there will not be enough seating at Memorial Stadium to accomadate our side...we were close to capacity on visitors side of Shotwell which seats much more than Memorial. Safe Travels and Prayers to both teams for an injury free game.

hollywood
12-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I agree Steer81, should be a really fun night! Both teams have plenty to be proud of...overall records and playing into December...that is what makes small town football so fun....the entire community gets behind the team. We played in Abilene last Friday evening and our stands were packed....I was talking to one of our local merchants on Saturday and he said Friday after 4pm there was no one left in town. Gatesville travels very well....I'm sure Graham does as well....folks in G-Town are worried there will not be enough seating at Memorial Stadium to accomadate our side...we were close to capacity on visitors side of Shotwell which seats much more than Memorial. Safe Travels and Prayers to both teams for an injury free game.

There's plenty of room behind the endzones if needed. There were many Stephenville/Brownwood games that overflowed 2-3 deep in the endzones. Also plenty of room for the youngsters that get antsy and want to wonder around. Shouldn't be an issue. I think it holds 7,000?

Steer81
12-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Edmiston has 1094 rush yards and 2700 pass. Williams from Greenwood 2554 pass yards and 1271 yards rushing. How do these guys compare? Williams looked pretty bad agaisnt the Graham "D"-"Fence"

Hornet
12-04-2012, 04:04 PM
There's plenty of room behind the endzones if needed. There were many Stephenville/Brownwood games that overflowed 2-3 deep in the endzones. Also plenty of room for the youngsters that get antsy and want to wonder around. Shouldn't be an issue. I think it holds 7,000?

Thanks Hollywood....good to know of the extra seating...I'm a TSU grad...but it's been a long time since I have been to Memorial...I know they did upgrades not too long ago....

Deuce
12-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Thanks Hollywood....good to know of the extra seating...I'm a TSU grad...but it's been a long time since I have been to Memorial...I know they did upgrades not too long ago....

What year? I graduated in '98.

Hornet
12-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I really cannot offer a intelligent comparison betweem the two QB's. I have not seen the other play...I know with Gvilles QB, he has a lot of talent surrounding him....allowing him to make key plays. I would imagine there is a quite a difference in overall talent of the entire club...in looking at stats for Greenwood, they did not have another rusher over 600 yards....drop off was pretty steep once you contained or controlled the Greenwood QB. Obviously when they faced still opposition they could not win, with losses to Monahans, Graham, Shallowater, and Wylie....maybe they did not have the talent to make that next step.

Hornet
12-04-2012, 04:15 PM

You are just a youngster! Class of 1985....back when TSU only had a couple thousand students or less...Ferguson and Bender were teh only two dorms for guuys...too many good and not so good memories for this old man!

Slick50
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM

So are you saying there is seating in the end-zones or was that just people standing?

Rattler
12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I did a brief stint at TSU in 1990. I got to meet the dean of students after about 30 days there, Afterward I was banned from Intramural sports for 1 year. Something about taking a guys head off in flag football did not set well with him.:doh:

#1 TEXAN
12-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Not at all. Hornet covered it well. Gatesville is a very well balanced team. Athletes all over the field. I too see the Manziel-isk type of athleticism in Edmiston. He is a big time gamer. Will make plays and make you go, wow, how did he do that? Again, Graham is equally as good and has as good of a chance to win this one IMO. But the edge I give is to Gatesville because of Edmiston's ability to make plays either through the air or on the ground.

Oh, wait until you see their right tackle! :eek:

Wait till you see grahams 6'4 235 D end thats has been out the past the 3 weeks line up against him......

hollywood
12-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Wait till you see grahams 6'4 235 D end thats has been out the past the 3 weeks line up against him......

Nice!

hollywood
12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
So are you saying there is seating in the end-zones or was that just people standing?

No seating in the endzones... standing.

There is more room on the home side around the walk ways and around the lower level consession area.

Visitor side will be a little packed if Gatesville brings the town. lol

Rattler
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM

He moved back to Canada!!!!! Dont worry about him.

#1 TEXAN
12-04-2012, 05:32 PM
He move back to Canada!!!!! Dont worry about him.

Gatesville needs to worry about him not me........

Slick50
12-04-2012, 05:40 PM
This is how I feel about this weeks game.
CAN'T WAIT

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1772373&t=o

CP3Dad
12-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Enjoyed the thread this week...lots more info than B.S...guess it's only Tuesday tho...looking forward to a nail-biter on Friday.

Ragin Red
12-04-2012, 05:41 PM
The way I look at it is they need to be concerned about the defense as a whole. Gatesville is going to be very impressed with their skill.

hollywood
12-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I think after the first 5-10 minutes after kickoff both sides are going to be :eek:... we got ourselves a game boys and girls!

#1 TEXAN
12-04-2012, 07:04 PM
You are just a youngster! Class of 1985....back when TSU only had a couple thousand students or less...Ferguson and Bender were teh only two dorms for guuys...too many good and not so good memories for this old man!

You don't know how long he was enrolled there he's not near a young as you think

toddg
12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/underdog123.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Sooners1026
12-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I think this will be a tight contest and that it will come down to the last 5-6 minutes; if Graham can limit turnovers and keep it tight or even have the lead I believe they win. The concern I have is that they have not had to come from behind that much late in games to teams that are as good or better than them so that will be the test; Gatesville has been in that situation more times than Graham. I expect a loud crowd on both sides and for this to be a thriller. I have seen every Graham game and have only watched Gatesville on paper but both teams look very even: Graham wins and advances to face Gilmer: 34-28!

gully81
12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Graham by 14

Inmateboss
12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
The QB is the playmaker, but no he is not all the Hornets have. QB has thrown for 2700 yards, run for another 1100, rb has run for over 1200...great O line..with talented tall receivers....salty defense...yes the defense will give some yardage...but will keep the Hornets in the game...2nd half of games historically this year the "D" has made the necessary adjustments to slow or shut down the opponets offense, while the HOrnet offense is like a machine..consistently good. If you commit to stop the run, they will hurt you with the pass, if you commit to stop the pass they will hurt you with the run. Hornets in no way are a one dimensional team...and if the game comes down to FG, we have one of the best kickers in 3A...drilled the 35 yarder in OT against Monahans, the kid has ice water running through his veins. Monahans matched up well with the Hornets. they had a very nice game plan and took away the run of the RB, but QB was on target all night..and his escapability is phenominal...after the win against Brownwood, Coach Bob Shipley said, "Their QB is the Johnny Manziel of
3A football."

No one saw this Swarm coming for Gatesville, except the kids themselves and the coaching staff. We were picked 4th in district, picked to lose to Alvarado in the first round....Monahans gave the Hornets all they wanted with the Wing-T...very well coached team and very disciplned...Gatesville expects the same from Graham, who will be the most balanced offensive team we have played....should be a great match-up between two well deserving teams...

First half of this I had to go back and see who posted it!! Thought they were talking about Graham!!! It will be a great game!!!

Go # 5

#1 TEXAN
12-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Hornets keep it close for a half then get left behind!

CP3Dad
12-05-2012, 08:14 AM

Graduated? That's questionable, LOL!

Themishman
12-05-2012, 08:21 AM
The speedy Gonzales Show will be in full form. Watch out hornets this little guy is going to sting you!

Deuce
12-05-2012, 08:33 AM
You don't know how long he was enrolled there he's not near a young as you think
Don't make me let everyone know how long you made it in college. If i remember correctly it wasn't very long!

Deuce
12-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Not sure who you are yet, but I like your humor!

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 08:57 AM

Finished going!!!! Lol

Go # 5

Slick50
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
The QB is the playmaker, Coach Bob Shipley said, "Their QB is the Johnny Manziel of
3A football."

Holy smokes, we are playing against a potential Heisman trophy winner.:D I hope the Steers bring their "A" game on D.

GRTIGER
12-05-2012, 09:27 AM
GV wins this game easy I think. graham to get this far beat a injured GLEN ROSE team and a not very good MG team, but a win is a win. GV by 21. Good luck to both teams

Hendo
12-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Gatesville 63
Graham. 3

loyalfan
12-05-2012, 10:17 AM
This is not going to be an easy game for either team. Both offenses seem to be extremely explosive and I believe it will come down to who's defense can get a stop when it matters most. From what I've seen, Gatesville's defense is very opportunistic in their stops. They may not stop anyone the entire game until it matters most and then they don't give an inch. I don't know a ton about Graham's defense but I have seen that they have pitched shutouts a few times this season. There are a lot of tangibles that go into this game other than stops, but if a team gets a few scores ahead, it could spell trouble for the other. I don't think turnovers will be a huge factor because Gatesville takes care of the ball very well. Graham wont be able to depend on Gatesville coughing it up to win, they are too solid for that. Any way that it plays out, its gonna be a big Friday night!

Gatesville - 38
Graham - 30

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
GV wins this game easy I think. graham to get this far beat a injured GLEN ROSE team and a not very good MG team, but a win is a win. GV by 21. Good luck to both teams

I was at both games and Greenwood was way better than Glen Rose!!! Way better!!!!!!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Gatesville 63
Graham. 3

Risk not thy whole wad!!! Just saying

Go # 5

ccmom
12-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Good to see harmony restored among the Steers fans. Amazing how winning makes even the negative Nellies happy!!:D

Steers by 10!!!

Slick50
12-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Good to see harmony restored among the Steers fans. Amazing how winning makes even the negative Nellies happy!!:D

Steers by 10!!!

We still like to get together, have a few beers and coach a little.;)

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 11:03 AM
This is not going to be an easy game for either team. Both offenses seem to be extremely explosive and I believe it will come down to who's defense can get a stop when it matters most. From what I've seen, Gatesville's defense is very opportunistic in their stops. They may not stop anyone the entire game until it matters most and then they don't give an inch. I don't know a ton about Graham's defense but I have seen that they have pitched shutouts a few times this season. There are a lot of tangibles that go into this game other than stops, but if a team gets a few scores ahead, it could spell trouble for the other. I don't think turnovers will be a huge factor because Gatesville takes care of the ball very well. Graham wont be able to depend on Gatesville coughing it up to win, they are too solid for that. Any way that it plays out, its gonna be a big Friday night!

Gatesville - 38
Graham - 30

Yes it will be a slobberknocker!!! Our D is fair to a little above average, they get some stops from time to time, have had a few int's, and we picked up a couple of dropped balls!!! Sounds like y'all's D is great , maybe our O line can man up and hang for a little while!! Just praying for an injury free game!!

Go # 5

Ragin Red
12-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Gatesville 63
Graham. 3
:blahblah: STUPID post

Ragin Red
12-05-2012, 02:05 PM

Gatesville - 38
Graham - 30
Apparently you don't know much about Graham and their Defense, they're averaging like 1.8 Int. a game. They have 24 interceptions on the year and 14 fumbles recovered so good luck to your team. Graham is very Oppurtunistic they don't wait for a mistake they create mistakes.

Ragin Red
12-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Steers by 10!!!
Congrats to a great season this year

Rattler
12-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I dont see Graham's defense giving up more than 21-24 points and I dont see the Graham offense scoring less than 30.

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I dont see Graham's defense giving up more than 21-24 points and I dont see the Graham offense scoring less than 30.

That may be pretty close!!

Go # 5

loyalfan
12-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Apparently you don't know much about Graham and their Defense, they're averaging like 1.8 Int. a game. They have 24 interceptions on the year and 14 fumbles recovered so good luck to your team. Graham is very Oppurtunistic they don't wait for a mistake they create mistakes.

We shall see...

Deuce
12-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Gatesville 63
Graham. 3
You made a prediction like this last week and it was obviously way off. I am betting it will be way off again this week!

Hornet
12-05-2012, 03:05 PM

If you guys hold the high flying Hornet offense to under 30 points, then you are probably victorious....but if this game gets over 30...I like the Hornet chances. If the Hornets are able to establish the run....hope you guys are quick on Defense, because if #21 gets the corner...its see ya later.

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 03:14 PM
If you guys hold the high flying Hornet offense to under 30 points, then you are probably victorious....but if this game gets over 30...I like the Hornet chances. If the Hornets are able to establish the run....hope you guys are quick on Defense, because if #21 gets the corner...its see ya later.

All I can say is get #21 all the padding he can wear!!! That is if your gonna want him for the whole game!!! But if y'all hang 30 + on us before the half you may not need him!! Luck to ya

Go # 5

toddg
12-05-2012, 03:15 PM

he slashes the ends pretty darn good..the recievers block very well for him too.

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 03:16 PM
he slashes the ends pretty darn good..the recievers block very well for him too.

Cool

Go # 5

Ragin Red
12-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Ditto, we have one of those also but he's # 10, and our receivers block very well also.

Slick50
12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Ditto, we have one of those also but he's # 10, and our receivers block very well also.

#10 is a solid player, been great, especially in the playoffs

toddg
12-05-2012, 03:25 PM
this is going to be a very good match up..im starting to think about going to this game instead of the s'ville/kilgore game..i dont know yet, depends on who my boys want to watch.

Ragin Red
12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
this is going to be a very good match up..im starting to think about going to this game instead of the s'ville/kilgore game..i dont know yet, depends on who my boys want to watch.
I'll be there with bells a ringing and other noise makers in tow....

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Oh crap, you know your setting yourself up for a Garcia hit don't ya!!!!!

Go # 5

toddg
12-05-2012, 04:02 PM

should be a great game, the Gatesville team and their fans are straight up class act all the way...they showed respect to us, even after our 5 min meltdown in the 4th qtr...my son said he got a firm handshake from every one of their players after the game....that says alot about their character! but im old school..

Ragin Red
12-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Oh crap, you know your setting yourself up for a Garcia hit don't ya!!!!!

Go # 5
Oh yea, sitting back and just waiting to see:1popcorn:

Deuce
12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Only thing questionable is your Tech degree! Hahaha, got ya!!

Deuce
12-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Is it me or is this year remind you of the '09 Graham team? They were doubted every week by posters on here and made it to the finals. I guess we will see!!

Grahamcheerdad
12-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Inmateboss I think Garcia got you and you have not seen yet you better ck Grahams history thread

#1 TEXAN
12-05-2012, 05:33 PM

Vernon went through 3 RBs against the steers...... Just saying!!!!!

#1 TEXAN
12-05-2012, 05:36 PM
should be a great game, the Gatesville team and their fans are straight up class act all the way...they showed respect to us, even after our 5 min meltdown in the 4th qtr...my son said he got a firm handshake from every one of their players after the game....that says alot about their character! but im old school..

I have heard the same thing about the hornets.

Redzone10
12-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Is it me or is this year remind you of the '09 Graham team? They were doubted every week by posters on here and made it to the finals. I guess we will see!!

From what I've read, it's not Gatesville posters who are doubting Graham.

Hornet
12-05-2012, 06:06 PM
From what I see....Graham offense stats through 13 games - Passing Yards - 2903 Rushing Yards - 2429 - Total - 5332, Gatesville through 13 games Passing Yards - 2736 Rushing Yards - 2607 Total -5343 - You cannot get much more even than that!

hollywood
12-05-2012, 06:27 PM
From what I see....Graham offense stats through 13 games - Passing Yards - 2903 Rushing Yards - 2429 - Total - 5332, Gatesville through 13 games Passing Yards - 2736 Rushing Yards - 2607 Total -5343 - You cannot get much more even than that!

Wow... I knew it was a close match up... but only 11 yards difference over 13 games is crazy!!

Wish I could see this one! Should be a great great atmosphere and game. Be loud, be proud and make Tarleton's Memorial Stadium rumble Friday night.

Deuce
12-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Just meant posters in general. It's pretty obvious posters this week from each side know it will be a close game

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 06:48 PM

It's not, it's all the basketball players!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 06:57 PM

You got that right!!!! It will be a battle for sure !!! Is there anyplace for M&G there??

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 08:30 PM
M and G !!

Go # 5

#1 TEXAN
12-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Hornets are gonna be in for a very rude awaking come fri these boys are ready to play.

hollywood
12-06-2012, 12:18 AM
You got that right!!!! It will be a battle for sure !!! Is there anyplace for M&G there??

Go # 5

South Endzone on the track... Closest to field house. Plenty of room and easy to get to. Good luck!

Deuce
12-06-2012, 09:37 AM
The 35 hours are going to take forever.

Slick50
12-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Getting kind of stagnant on here!!!

Graham 35
Gatesville 31

#1 TEXAN
12-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Getting kind of stagnant on here!!!

Graham 35
Gatesville 31

After a little more thought im changing my prediction

Steers-45
Hornets-21

Hornet
12-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Everything points to a tight game:

Gatesville 38
Graham 35

One thing for sure...GHS will win....Graham HIgh School or Gatesville High School - It's the year of the "G" Gatesville, Graham and Gilmer all playing in Quarterfinals!

Steers_#1
12-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Graham - 28
Gatesville - 14

Rattler
12-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I have my lucky shirt, pants, boxer,and socks all laid out ready for tomorrow! We have not lost with them yet!!!!!!! Who else has game rituals?

bobcat1
12-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I have my lucky shirt, pants, boxer,and socks all laid out ready for tomorrow! We have not lost with them yet!!!!!!! Who else has game rituals?

G2 does but you don't want to know about them.

Graham wins in a tight one. 35-34

Inmateboss
12-06-2012, 01:26 PM
South Endzone on the track... Closest to field house. Plenty of room and easy to get to. Good luck!

Thanks man!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Everything points to a tight game:

Gatesville 38
Graham 35

One thing for sure...GHS will win....Graham HIgh School or Gatesville High School - It's the year of the "G" Gatesville, Graham and Gilmer all playing in Quarterfinals!

Wow that's right!!! This will be great!! Hollywood said on the end by the field house is a good place for the M&G if any Gatesville people want to come visit!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-06-2012, 01:34 PM

Oh crap I have a whole list!!! Same orange shirt, same socks, same cap, same shoes, never shave on game day!!!

Go # 5

Deuce
12-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Graham is undefeated when I have a couple of adult beverages before the game!

Hornet
12-06-2012, 03:05 PM
As Reported in the Abilene Reporter News today:
CLASS 3A DIVISION II STATE QUARTERFINAL

Graham (12-1) vs. Gatesville (13-0), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Stephenville

At true toss-up that will likely be decided by one mistake or one big play.

I'll go with Gatesville, based on two factors. One, the Hornets are unbeaten. Two, they've demonstrated an ability to win close games, topping Waco La Vega 49-48 earlier this year and Monahans 37-34 last week.

In this game, however, my premise is about as thin as it can get.

A coin flip would have probably sufficed.

PICK: Gatesville by 1

Slick50
12-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Graham is undefeated when I have a couple of adult beverages before the game!

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/beer-chugger.gif

Themishman
12-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm with you boss. I drive a certain speed every game my sons football number thank God he is not 1 or 99. Lol. Go Steers

Hornet
12-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Maxpreps has their projections up:

Hornets - 31

Steers - 27

HFND!

Rattler
12-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Looks like they will be wrong again!!!!!

Rattler
12-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Graham will win by 14+ points

Hornet
12-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Looks like they will be wrong again!!!!!

This time tomorrow night Hornets should be up by 14 by the half....

Steer81
12-06-2012, 10:05 PM

How much does crack cost in Gatesville?

Rattler
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
The Newspapers Saturday morning will read.....Gatesville delt a stunning defeat.. The end of a good run....The Graham steers were to much for the undefeated hornets......Graham Advances...ect....

Hornet
12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
How much does crack cost in Gatesville?

I haven't a clue but I'm sure any number of the folks I just saw at the Super Walmart could give you an answer!

Hornet
12-06-2012, 10:28 PM
The Newspapers Saturday morning will read.....Gatesville delt a stunning defeat.. The end of a good run....The Graham steers were to much for the undefeated hornets......Graham Advances...ect....

or it could read.....

The Heart Attack Hornets do it Again....advance to State Semi-Finals!

ccmom
12-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Wow....stats are similar and now the downlow poll is dead even.
Should be a great one.

I'm sticking with the Steers by 10.

Inmateboss
12-07-2012, 12:10 AM

If y'all are "up" by 14 at the half we'll still be in it!! Being down 14 don't scare us!!!
Ask Greenwood how that worked out for them!!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-07-2012, 12:13 AM
I haven't a clue but I'm sure any number of the folks I just saw at the Super Walmart could give you an answer!

Dang their everywhere !!! Lol

Go # 5

Inmateboss
12-07-2012, 12:16 AM
Wow....stats are similar and now the downlow poll is dead even.
Should be a great one.

I'm sticking with the Steers by 10.

Atta girl!!! It should be a great game!! It does look really good on paper!!! Somebody wins somebody don't!! But I think we're good on this one!! Just praying for no injuries on either team!!!

Go # 5

Ragin Red
12-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Well it's time for both teams to put up or shut up, I believe in my son and all his GREAT TEAMMATES and GREAT COACH'S that have worked with these boys throughout the years. May all the things they have taught them through the years flow through them on this Great Friday evening of Texas High School Football. Let both teams stay healthy and show great sportsmanship on the field tonight. Good Luck to both teams.

Rattler
12-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Yes it is that time, I put a little extra gun powder on my sons Wheaties this mornig for a little added fire in his belly as he tears up the Gatesville line!!!! Gatesville goes down tonight!!!!!!

LionFan72
12-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Yes it is that time, I put a little extra gun powder on my sons Wheaties this mornig for a little added fire in his belly as he tears up the Gatesville line!!!! Gatesville goes down tonight!!!!!!

So that is the little extra "jet" power on the sweep??????

Slick50
12-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Where did Grahamerica go? He is prolly already headed to Stephenville with #1 Texan.

Inmateboss
12-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Where did Grahamerica go? He is prolly already headed to Stephenville with #1 Texan.

He went down last night after the pep rally!! Campout in line, be first one in!!!

Go # 5

Deuce
12-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Graham D will get a couple of turnovers again tonight and roll to a 10 point win. Final 38-28. Did someone say Hard 8?

GRTIGER
12-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Its going to be a long trip home, if graham wins this game I will drink a cup of shut the F$%k up and be a believer this year. PEACE

GRTIGER
12-07-2012, 09:53 AM
no sugar

Slick50
12-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Its going to be a long trip home, if graham wins this game I will drink a cup of shut the F$%k up and be a believer this year. PEACE

Go bounce your ball

Deuce
12-07-2012, 10:03 AM
You should have had a cup of it 2 weeks ago!

outback81
12-07-2012, 10:07 AM

I saw them outside of Hard 8 they are ready for BBQ.

Ragin Red
12-07-2012, 10:11 AM

Why not come on down to M&G and get to know some of the posters from Graham? Or are you scared to show face for all the stupid thrash you've been spewing on here about your Glen Rose tigers being the better team and losing to a much weaker team who beat the other team you pulled for last week. Come on down and put your big boy pants on.......

outback81
12-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Graham 42 Gatesville 21 Grahams offence going have BIG night.:D

Hendo
12-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm sure it has already been stated, but please save me some time, where is this game being played at?

Rattler
12-07-2012, 10:15 AM
In Stephenville at TSU at 7:30

Slick50
12-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I saw them outside of Hard 8 they are ready for BBQ.

Ya they both like to eat, especially one of them.:D

Hendo
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Thanks!

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Why not come on down to M&G and get to know some of the posters from Graham? Or are you scared to show face for all the stupid thrash you've been spewing on here about your Glen Rose tigers being the better team and losing to a much weaker team who beat the other team you pulled for last week. Come on down and put your big boy pants on.......

Red if he is a true glen rose fan he will be traveling to watch his basketball team.

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2012, 10:45 AM

Sorry 50 last I saw of grahamamerica he was leaving the field and heading to bostocks for a evening drink and I haven't seen him since.

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Sorry 50 last I saw of grahamamerica he was leaving the field and heading to bostocks for a evening drink and I haven't seen him since.

I sure hope he didnt meet up with hollywood and shows back up tonight with blonde hair........

Hornet
12-07-2012, 10:56 AM
It's been fun Graham fans....kick off in about 9 hrs. 30 minutes....Hornets are ready, the city of Gatesville is ready..the Swarm is on its way! best of luck to both teams may the most deserving team come forth with the victory tonight! Safe travels to all fans making the trip to Stephenville and safety to all the participants in tonights game.

#1 TEXAN
12-07-2012, 10:57 AM
The same to yall hornets we cant wait this is gonna be one for the books..

Slick50
12-07-2012, 11:14 AM
I sure hope he didnt meet up with hollywood and shows back up tonight with blonde hair........

Now that would be one for the books. Lol

Deuce
12-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Pretty sure that would be impossible, for obvious reasons.

ccmom
12-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Somebody take some pics of the crowd tonight and post them. Are they bringing in temp bleachers? Should be a really great atmosphere.

Inmateboss
12-07-2012, 11:56 AM

We're not trying to win you over, make you feel bad or anything!!! I hollered for Wyle all year after they beat us because their good people their kids play good ball and there is no reason to be hating on them for doing their job better than we did ours!!!
If Graham wins drink a Dr Pepper on me and let it go!!!

Go # 5

Slick50
12-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Someone bring me a pork chop dipped in butter to the game from Hard 8. Not gonna make it to eat.

Hornet
12-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Somebody take some pics of the crowd tonight and post them. Are they bringing in temp bleachers? Should be a really great atmosphere.

It will be a really tight fit tonight at TSU....with only 3500 seats per side, possibly less on home side because of individual seating in the middle T....if it were a basketball game they would say, " they will be hanging from the rafters."

In Abilene last week Gatesville almost filled up the visiting side of Shotwell which is double the size of Memorial. I know word has spread in town to get to the game at least an hour early to get a seat!

BwdLion73
12-07-2012, 12:31 PM
I could have swore that memorial stadium held more than 7000. Thats going to be a tight squeeze!

steers2
12-07-2012, 12:32 PM
One thing will be for sure after tonight, both teams will be 13-1 :stirpot:

Rattler
12-07-2012, 12:40 PM
http://youtu.be/sk9pvUGHoMI

Ragin Red
12-07-2012, 12:42 PM
One thing will be for sure after tonight, both teams will be 13-1 :stirpot:
:iagree::2thumbsup:clap:

garciap77
12-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Go steers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inmateboss
12-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Go steers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Garcia were going to give it a shot!! Won't be a gimme but were bringing it to them!!!

Go # 5

Ragin Red
12-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Go steers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your support be talking to you again next week

garciap77
12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks for your support be talking to you again next week

:2thumbsup

Ragin Red
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Also ccmom thanks for your support too. #3 said December to Remember all the way

Inmateboss
12-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Dang time is sure dragging along!!!

Go # 5