PDA

View Full Version : Region III/IV Semi-Final GotW: Carthage(11-2) Vs. El Campo(13-0)

YTBulldogs
11-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Carthage vs. El Campo
Friday, 7:30 PM, Umphrey Stadium in Beaumont

defense51
11-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Could be a good one.

Should be a good one!

Dogs_21
11-30-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm going with Carthage by 14 but pulling for the Birds!

YTBulldogs
11-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Kinda think myself Carthage little too much for EC.

db1980
11-30-2012, 11:17 PM
El Campo is too 1 dimensional. Carthage will win 42-14.

defense51
11-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Carthage has a way of raising their game in the playoffs, they will be tough to beat!

big daddy russ
11-30-2012, 11:21 PM
How's Carthage against the run? Heard the Ricebirds are big and mean and can pound the football. Don't know anything about Carthage this year.

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Carthage vs. El Campo

That was quick.

cowboyandchrist
11-30-2012, 11:49 PM
How's Carthage against the run? Heard the Ricebirds are big and mean and can pound the football. Don't know anything about Carthage this year.

Two words Isaia Golden, one of the top DT in the country, 6' 3" 320 lbs 4.9 forty(commited to A&M) and the linebacker 6' 2" 225 lbs Mr. Jackson(recurited by SEC teams) and the rest of the Dawg D are real good against the run. Carthage is big up front and the line backers and safeties can flat out fly to the football. Carthage is Carthage this time of the year. They are playing the best ball of the year now. They hit 1st gear in district, 2nd gear at the start of the playoffs and 3rd gear tonight. The score could have been a lot worse in the first half. Fumbled at the one yard line going in for the TD. Threw int at the one yard line and threw another int at the four yard line. It was 29 to 7 at the half, could have been 21 more points if not for the miss cues. It should be a great ball game between two very good teams. Carthage can run and throw the ball equally well. The O line is very big and can run well. We start 10 Juniors and one senior on the offense, but they are veterans. The D has played lights out in the playoffs and keep getting better every game. The winner of this game will be hard to beat for the state championship. God Bless

Weebe
12-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Carthage is going to be tough to beat. This is the first game all season where El Campo will be the underdog.

big daddy russ
12-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Two words Isaia Golden, one of the top DT in the country, 6' 3" 320 lbs 4.9 forty(commited to A&M) and the linebacker 6' 2" 225 lbs Mr. Jackson(recurited by SEC teams) and the rest of the Dawg D are real good against the run. Carthage is big up front and the line backers and safeties can flat out fly to the football. Carthage is Carthage this time of the year. They are playing the best ball of the year now. They hit 1st gear in district, 2nd gear at the start of the playoffs and 3rd gear tonight. The score could have been a lot worse in the first half. Fumbled at the one yard line going in for the TD. Threw int at the one yard line and threw another int at the four yard line. It was 29 to 7 at the half, could have been 21 more points if not for the miss cues. It should be a great ball game between two very good teams. Carthage can run and throw the ball equally well. The O line is very big and can run well. We start 10 Juniors and one senior on the offense, but they are veterans. The D has played lights out in the playoffs and keep getting better every game. The winner of this game will be hard to beat for the state championship. God Bless

I appreciate the feedback. Sounds like Carthage has a nice squad. Again.

LonestarFB
12-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Pulling for Carthage in this one...sounds like EC will have a reality check.

pirate4state
12-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Thinking Carthage runs away with this one. I was impressed with EC's fan base! :cheerl:

Bosqueville
12-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I picked Carthage but they better get the turnover bug fixed because a team like Stephenville doesn't turn it over and it will comeback to bite Carthagel.

SilsbeeFan
12-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Speaking from the bandaids from lastnight.....Carthage is for real. Very good "D" and a awesome QB and very well coached. They are really good on both sides of the ball my hats off to them and they are good but I dont know if they can run with Stephenville but I think they will take EC by at least 21

99IHSMustang
12-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Thinking Carthage runs away with this one. I was impressed with EC's fan base! :cheerl:

They had a great fanbase. Go EC Rice Birds!

Roughneck93
12-01-2012, 10:56 AM
I'll be pulling for EC, but I think Carthage wins this one.

Sville
12-01-2012, 12:56 PM
A team like Carthage will eat up a one dimensional team like EC. The Bulldogs by 21

Weebe
12-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm not as worried about El Campo's offense against Carthage as much as I am their defense.

El Campo will score points but can't win a shootout.

I've seen film on Carthage. They certainly have better athletes than El Campo.

But, they aren't any better than Manvel last year and El Campo was in a position to beat them. Gillis is generally able to coach his kids up to the other teams talent level.

Carthage deserves to be favored. But not sure it will be a blowout.

Pudlugger
12-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I looked at both teams schedules and don't see where Carthage has been the better team based on strength of schedule and wins. Their toughest opponent was Whitehouse in a close game they lost. El Campo has been up against several quality teams and has won all of them by a good margin. Don't think being one dimensional spells trouble for EC when they have a rock solid defense and an offense that can grind down the opponent in ball control. I'm going with the Ricebirds by 14.

Spanish Camp
12-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I agree that Carthage will have the advantage in atheletes. But don't forget that the Ricebirds have spent he last 35+ years playing and beating teams who have better atheletes than they do. The Ricebirds have been dominat in this year's Region IV bracket (as you would expect). Remember, this is the first year ever that EC has played south, much less as a 3A program. The EC program is used to facing speed, Division I talent, etc.

That being said, Carthage has a great playoff tradition of late. You don't accomplish his without quality coaches and atheletes.

I believe that El Campo is in the top 20 winningest Texas high school teams of all time, so EC knows how to win and the fans will pack the house Friday.

This one should be a good one. Too close to call.

Dawgs
12-01-2012, 04:35 PM
From what I've read El Campo is a one dimensional running team. Carthage has played very good against the run this year anchored by a strong defensive line. If El Campo can get some play action going early it might be a close game, but if they allow Carthage to stack the box this game could get ugly. A Surratt coached Carthage team will take whatever El Campo is willing to give up on defense...if they sellout on the run we will pass...if they sellout in the pass we will run <<< pretty simple football. I feel much more confident in a run heavy team, then a spread type team that's going to throw it 40 times a game. Hopefully Carthage gets rid of the turnover bug, but I think even with turnovers Carthage can take this one. Prediction: Carthage 21 El Campo 7 at the half...Carthage 35 El Campo 24 final...Carthage has not shown that they can play a complete football game this year without turning the ball over, but if this is the game, and Carthage has 1 or no turnovers then I'll take Carthage 49 El Campo 14...Ya I said it!

itmoney100
12-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Only if you know. Can't wait till Friday Carthage is rolling big time right now. Don't see El Campo stoping Carthage on offense. And if Carthage gets a fews defensive stop early and scores it could be over quick.

Weebe
12-01-2012, 10:36 PM
From reading this thread, it is hard to believe that Carthage has lost a game this year, much less lost to a 7 loss Jacksonville team.

Dawgs
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
From reading this thread, it is hard to believe that Carthage has lost a game this year, much less lost to a 7 loss Jacksonville team.

First game of the season bud...

itmoney100
12-01-2012, 11:01 PM

Lol... It's playoff time records don't matter anymore. Can't wait till Friday

garciap77
12-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Carthage!!!!

Weebe
12-01-2012, 11:18 PM
First game of the season bud...

Have you ever seen El Campo play?

itmoney100
12-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Have you ever seen El Campo play?
I have never seen El Campo play saw a Small clip on YouTube. Is there somewhere online I can see some footage?

Weebe
12-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Not that I am aware of.

garciap77
12-02-2012, 12:21 AM
I have never seen El Campo play saw a Small clip on YouTube. Is there somewhere online I can see some footage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFtc0BM_8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk99kCxBsbs

Yoe_09
12-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Thoughts & Predictions?

1st and goal
12-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Carthage vs. El Campo

Wish it were closer to attend.

I guess it is close for all the Louisiana fans.....crickets chirping.

whitelightning5
12-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Speaking from the bandaids from lastnight.....Carthage is for real. Very good "D" and a awesome QB and very well coached. They are really good on both sides of the ball my hats off to them and they are good but I dont know if they can run with Stephenville but I think they will take EC by at least 21

Is Carthage that good that they will just roll over a perenial 4A playoff team? I know EC is one dimensional, but a 21 point victory....DANG! Either they are overhyped or will win state hands down. EC does have some good size too....and some DI recruits.

Scoop27
12-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Two EC players I know are going to Rice

itmoney100
12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Is Carthage that good that they will just roll over a perenial 4A playoff team? I know EC is one dimensional, but a 21 point victory....DANG! Either they are overhyped or will win state hands down. EC does have some good size too....and some DI recruits.
I'm not saying EC want have any Success running the ball but Carthage well adjust and slow it down and make defensive stops. When Carthage played Cold Springs in the state championship game in 2010 they hung around for about 2 Quarters Carthage force them to a few three and outs we scored and the game quickly got out of hand. Not saying EC is like Cold Springs but those kids where fast and very Athletic and they where big upfront. Just don't see a One dimensional run Team beating Carthage. Just my Opinion anything can happen under those Friday night lights.

itmoney100
12-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Carthage vs Silbsbee
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=7LDrYnfyHaY

Dawgs
12-02-2012, 12:50 PM
This will be the Battle of 59. I made a homer prediction earlier in this thread, and said if Carthage doesn't turn the ball over the score would be 49 - 14. I don't really believe that, I was just tying to stir the pot. I haven't seen El Campo play this year, and after looking at their schedule I haven't even seen any of their opponents play. I do however have confidence in our coaching staff, that they can stop a one dimensional running team. I think throughout this season that is the one area on defense that we have proven to be our strength. But for all I know El Campo might be awsome in the pass game, and just haven't had to use it. I will make this prediction: If El Campo does not get some sort of passing game going early to keep Surratt honest, I believe this game will get out of hand (unless El Campo is 2007 Liberty Hill :D). Carthage has proven over the last 6 years to be a top teir 3A team year in and year out with Surratt at the helm, and we've beat alot of good teams badly. Silsbee for example had a good record against some quality teams, and we beat them like they stole something. The prediction I made earlier has nothing to do with El Campo, and has everything to do with the Bulldogs last performance. I'm not on the team, and I doubt very seriously any coaches or players will look at this thread, so I will say as a FAN, that I don't think Carthage has anything to worry about with a team thats going to try to control the clock, and run the ball right at us...No team has proven they can do that to us this year, and we are on another level right now. With that said anything can happen on Friday night. Good luck to El Campo, safe teravels everyone attending the game, and lets just hope for a clean game with no injuries.

db1980
12-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Jacksonville lost their starting QB after that game. I believe he was the last of the McCown boys. He was pretty legit too. Their season came apart after losing him. Without him, theyplayed Gilmer within 1 pt.

db1980
12-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm not saying EC want have any Success running the ball but Carthage well adjust and slow it down and make defensive stops. When Carthage played Cold Springs in the state championship game in 2010 they hung around for about 2 Quarters Carthage force them to a few three and outs we scored and the game quickly got out of hand. Not saying EC is like Cold Springs but those kids where fast and very Athletic and they where big upfront. Just don't see a One dimensional run Team beating Carthage. Just my Opinion anything can happen under those Friday night lights.

In that Coldspring game I believe they held CS to less than 80 yds in the second half. They make great halftime adjustments.

LionFan72
12-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Carthage by 14+ with 3 turnovers, yes they are that good, and growing up!

Scoop27
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.lamarcardinals.com/facilities/facilities-provost-umphrey-stadium.html

Dowork
12-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Carthage will not blow them out like all of you think. I know that el campo can beat them because i have seen them play. They arent super athletic but do the little things right and make the plays when they need to. They will be the biggest team that carthage has faced this year. should be a great game ill pick el campo in a close one.

whitelightning5
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
In that Coldspring game I believe they held CS to less than 80 yds in the second half. They make great halftime adjustments.

I guess its a good thing this game isnt being played in 2010 then.

db1980
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I guess its a good thing this game isnt being played in 2010 then.

Same coaching staff...this is 2012. Just using that game to show how well they make adjustments. Coldspring actually threw the ball more than 4 times too. El Campo will have to throw it.

Grahamcheerdad
12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Carthage by 7

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Sounds like El Campo shouldnt even show up.....lol. I think you Carthage fans will be in for a surprise.

YTBulldogs
12-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Treating El Campo like we did Ingelside, no chance.

Don't see EC having enough to win. But--I do see a score kinda like what EC did against IS. Close for periods of the game, before Carthage takes control late and shut's down EC one sided offense, the run.

Carthage 40, EC 24.

Scoop27
12-03-2012, 09:02 PM
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1521
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=967

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Padilla has Carthage favored by 1.
I say EC wears down the Bulldogs and roll in to JerryWorld and the SC game.
Ricebirds by 7.

speedbump
12-04-2012, 09:48 AM
A team like Carthage will eat up a one dimensional team like EC. The Bulldogs by 21

El Campos running game alone has more dimensions than any offense Carthage has seen all year. Ten yard slants to a 6'7 240 lb Rice bound tight end probably don't count as a dimension if they aren't needed. See you in south Oklahoma next week.

bird_fan
12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
being the homer i am picking the Bird in a close one
but for sure I can say
1 Lamar UN Stadium will see a sea of red on both sides
2 Carthage will play one of the most physcal team they have played
2 tale the Ricebirds lghtly and you get beat

ctown81
12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
El Campos running game alone has more dimensions than any offense Carthage has seen all year. Ten yard slants to a 6'7 240 lb Rice bound tight end probably don't count as a dimension if they aren't needed. See you in south Oklahoma next week.

You do realize this is the 5th year in a row we've heard all of this right? I believe it's like 25 games and threads that we have dealt with over the years and only loss one of those games.

My prediction

Carthage 42
El Campo 21

itmoney100
12-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Your going to need some type of passing game cause your not going to run all over Carthage defense. And if a 6'7 tight end on a ten year slant is ya'll passing game your in trouble

speedbump
12-04-2012, 12:54 PM
You do realize this is the 5th year in a row we've heard all of this right? I believe it's like 25 games and threads that we have dealt with over the years and only loss one of those games.

My prediction

Carthage 42
El Campo 21

It's the first time you've heard it from EC. Carthage is the fourteenth team saying you can't win without a passing game. We are 13-0. Please feel free to make us go to the pass. I've watched the Carthage games on KGAS and I can tell you the Bulldogs will have their hands full against the Birds. This is no rematch with Sillsbee or Jasper.

ctown81
12-04-2012, 01:14 PM
It's the first time you've heard it from EC. Carthage is the fourteenth team saying you can't win without a passing game. We are 13-0. Please feel free to make us go to the pass. I've watched the Carthage games on KGAS and I can tell you the Bulldogs will have their hands full against the Birds. This is no rematch with Sillsbee or Jasper.

You do realize Carthage could be 13-0 with that schedule right? I would be more impressed if you went 13-0 and played in 16 3A. I'm pretty sure your coaches are saying to the team that this is the best team you guys have played all year.

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
You do realize Carthage could be 13-0 with that schedule right? I would be more impressed if you went 13-0 and played in 16 3A. I'm pretty sure your coaches are saying to the team that this is the best team you guys have played all year.

Just out of curiousity....how many of your regular season opponents are still in the playoffs?

And...I'm pretty sure that every coach says that at this time of the year. Whether it is true or not.

speedbump
12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Your going to need some type of passing game cause your not going to run all over Carthage defense. And if a 6'7 tight end on a ten year slant is ya'll passing game your in trouble

He's not leading our receivers in no. of catches so no,he's not our passing offense alone.

speedbump
12-04-2012, 02:43 PM

So you want to play that silly little game? OK. EC plays your schedule and still goes 13-0. How many MORE losses would you have if you guys played in 16 3A?

hookandladder
12-04-2012, 03:04 PM
I know Carthage is a team year in and year out that is hard to beat and normally when facing a team from Region 4 they just have to much talent for Region 4 however EC is not your normal team from R-4 , with them playing in 4A and this year moving down I feel they are capable of beating Carthage. EC will be able to move the ball on the ground but will also sneak in a couple of passes that will break your back, I see a hard fought game with EC coming out on top. Good Luck to both team, EC by 3.

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I know Carthage is a team year in and year out that is hard to beat and normally when facing a team from Region 4 they just have to much talent for Region 4 however EC is not your normal team from R-4 , with them playing in 4A and this year moving down I feel they are capable of beating Carthage. EC will be able to move the ball on the ground but will also sneak in a couple of passes that will break your back, I see a hard fought game with EC coming out on top. Good Luck to both team, EC by 3.

+1. Well said.

ctown81
12-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Just out of curiousity....how many of your regular season opponents are still in the playoffs?

And...I'm pretty sure that every coach says that at this time of the year. Whether it is true or not.

So you're saying Carthage is not the best team you've played?

Carthage would have finished with a 7-3 record in 16-3A. Too hard for any team to go undefeated in that district.

Good luck to you guys. Just think the Dawgs take it.

hookandladder
12-04-2012, 04:03 PM

Carthage would have finished with a 7-3 record in 16-3A. Too hard for any team to go undefeated in that district.

I would say Carthage is not the best team EC has played, they have not played each other this year that I know of now they may be the best team EC has played after this weekend. EC will give Carthage all they want and more, EC has that swagger as a team which I am sure comes from being a very good team in 4A. There is no doubt in normal years Region 4 teams have a hard time competing against Region 3 teams however this year there are 2 District's that have been in Region 3 and now are Region 4, so EC will definitely compete well against Carthage.

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 04:42 PM

That was just a basic question. I am trying to provide insight from the outside. I am not from EC, but my team is in the same district. There are all of these comparisons floating around about how EC's district is weak and their schedule isnt tough. I am trying to figure out how District 16 even made it into this discussion. Isnt Carthage from District 20?

And....I am not saying that Carthage will not have been the toughest test this year. I am just saying that is common lingo from most coaches to get their athletes attention leading up to preparations for the game. The coach probably said the same thing the week before. I have never known a coach to say.....well this weeks opponent sucks, but next week will be tough.

itmoney100
12-04-2012, 05:19 PM

Region 4 is weak In 4a as well. Don't see any state championship coming out of that area.

ctown81
12-04-2012, 05:28 PM
That was just a basic question. I am trying to provide insight from the outside. I am not from EC, but my team is in the same district. There are all of these comparisons floating around about how EC's district is weak and their schedule isnt tough. I am trying to figure out how District 16 even made it into this discussion. Isnt Carthage from District 20?

And....I am not saying that Carthage will not have been the toughest test this year. I am just saying that is common lingo from most coaches to get their athletes attention leading up to preparations for the game. The coach probably said the same thing the week before. I have never known a coach to say.....well this weeks opponent sucks, but next week will be tough.

163a was just an example of how 13-0 would be more impressive. If El Campo wins it won't be the first time I've eating crow. From watching film on both albeit very little on El Campo could be found, I just see Carthage winning the battle up front on both sides of the ball.

whitelightning5
12-04-2012, 05:32 PM
163a was just an example of how 13-0 would be more impressive. If El Campo wins it won't be the first time I've eating crow. From watching film on both albeit very little on El Campo could be found, I just see Carthage winning the battle up front on both sides of the ball.

How much size do you guys have? EC was very easily the biggest team we played all year long.

cowboyandchrist
12-04-2012, 06:58 PM
How much size do you guys have? EC was very easily the biggest team we played all year long.

When you see how big Carthage is on both sides of the ball and how fast the big guys can move, you will know why they can take over a game by the third quarter. I say they have the best front four on defense in 3A football. Isaia Golden is 6'3 320 and runs 4.9. He is one of the top D line recurits in the country, committed to A&M. He has been doubbled teamed all year and he still gets to the Q/B for sacks. Run to his side will be a big problem, it does not get any easier on the other side, he has more sacks and then there is Mr. Jackson 6'2' 225 middle linebacker will stuff the run, he too is an SEC recurit. The safeties and corners can flat out run to the ball. One corner has 8 int and the other has 5. The Dawg D has played lights out in the playoffs. I know EC will be a very good football team, you don't get to the Simifinals if you are not good. This will be a great game. I believe in my Dawgs and I believe they will win. I will not give a score because I have no clue what it will be. I will just say my Dawgs by one. I am not like the Ville people who think they will hang 50 on everybody they play. They will find out about East Texas football come Friday night. God Bless both teams and I pray safety for the players and fans making the trip.

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 07:13 PM
When you see how big Carthage is on both sides of the ball and how fast the big guys can move, you will know why they can take over a game by the third quarter. I say they have the best front four on defense in 3A football. Isaia Golden is 6'3 320 and runs 4.9. He is one of the top D line recurits in the country, committed to A&M. He has been doubbled teamed all year and he still gets to the Q/B for sacks. Run to his side will be a big problem, it does not get any easier on the other side, he has more sacks and then there is Mr. Jackson 6'2' 225 middle linebacker will stuff the run, he too is an SEC recurit. The safeties and corners can flat out run to the ball. One corner has 8 int and the other has 5. The Dawg D has played lights out in the playoffs. I know EC will be a very good football team, you don't get to the Simifinals if you are not good. This will be a great game. I believe in my Dawgs and I believe they will win. I will not give a score because I have no clue what it will be. I will just say my Dawgs by one. I am not like the Ville people who think they will hang 50 on everybody they play. They will find out about East Texas football come Friday night. God Bless both teams and I pray safety for the players and fans making the trip.

I looked up Isiah Golden and he is a big, big-time recruit. I saw that Trent Jackson was 3rd team all-state at LB last year, but there is no mention of him being recruited by SEC or others schools. I am not saying he isn't great, I just wonder if I have the wrong kid. It is always fun to see 3a kids get that recognition.

SintonFan
12-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Gotta go with the Reg. 4 representative! Go Ricebirds!
EC by 3 in a close game. :smoker:

Dogs_21
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Region 4 is weak In 4a as well. Don't see any state championship coming out of that area.

El Campo was in Region 3 in 4A....smh! They played against one of the toughest if not toughest district in 4A.

Aggie98
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I looked up Isiah Golden and he is a big, big-time recruit. I saw that Trent Jackson was 3rd team all-state at LB last year, but there is no mention of him being recruited by SEC or others schools. I am not saying he isn't great, I just wonder if I have the wrong kid. It is always fun to see 3a kids get that recognition.

Golden is a beast. In one of their non-district games (Lindale I believe), he broke the center's nose and the guard's hand.

speedbump
12-04-2012, 08:42 PM

So you not only don't know a thing about El Campo, you never heard of Wimberley either. LOL I'll fill you in. They are from region 4, won state last year by beating the very team that sent Carthage to the basketball court. I wouldn't worry to much about 4A. I noticed you had your hands full against a couple of those earlier this year.

itmoney100
12-04-2012, 08:45 PM
El Campo was in Region 3 in 4A....smh! They played against one of the toughest if not toughest district in 4A.
I wouldn't call Lamar Consolidated, Brazosport, Bay City, Terry, Foster and Angleton a toughn district. Came play 4a ball in east Texas. Come beat John Tyler,Hallsville,Jascksonville,Lindale,Sulphur Springs,Whitehouse,Mount Pleasant. What's so tough about the 4a district ya'll came from nothing!!!!!! heck come play Gilmer, Henderson, Kigore, Center,Jasper, Chapel Hill teams Carthage play year in and year out. You better check the Resume we have put up over the last five/six years. We play against Contenders down here on a Regular basis.
http://easttexastoday.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Scoreboard.jpg

itmoney100
12-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Lol Friday can't come quick Enough well show you first hand what east Texas football is all about. Safe Travels for Both teams.

Weebe
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Carthage fans are pretty full of themselves.

ctown81
12-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Yup all 5 of us.

speedbump
12-04-2012, 09:21 PM

I think they are skeeeeeerd.

cowboyandchrist
12-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I think they are skeeeeeerd.

Your from Katy, what is a five A fan doing on a 3A board. You don't have a clue about Carthage Dawg football, wheather we win or not whats it to you, is Katy still in the playoff or did they get sent home. I would not know because I don't keep up with 5A ball.

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Your from Katy, what is a five A fan doing on a 3A board. You don't have a clue about Carthage Dawg football, wheather we win or not whats it to you, is Katy still in the playoff or did they get sent home. I would not know because I don't keep up with 5A ball.

That was not a very cowboy or Christ like thing to say.

Weebe
12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Nor grammatically correct.

Dogs_21
12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't call Lamar Consolidated, Brazosport, Bay City, Terry, Foster and Angleton a toughn district. Came play 4a ball in east Texas. Come beat John Tyler,Hallsville,Jascksonville,Lindale,Sulphur Springs,Whitehouse,Mount Pleasant. What's so tough about the 4a district ya'll came from nothing!!!!!! heck come play Gilmer, Henderson, Kigore, Center,Jasper, Chapel Hill teams Carthage play year in and year out. You better check the Resume we have put up over the last five/six years. We play against Contenders down here on a Regular basis.

I wasn't talking about them. Angleton inst weak though my friend lol! I was talking about Texas City, La Marque, Manvel, pearland dawson, Friendswood and such. Thats who they always would face in the playoffs. I can care who less wins I just know that's some good football whether you think so or not.

Dogs_21
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM

I wasn't talking about them. Angleton inst weak though my friend lol! I was talking about Texas City, La Marque, Manvel, pearland dawson, Friendswood and such. Thats who they always would face in the playoffs. I just know that's some good football whether you think so or not. I'm not from El Campo and could care less who wins the game but if you don't know what your are talking about I will call it all. BUDDY

toddg
12-04-2012, 10:08 PM

Katy kicked the teeth in of a pretty darn good La Porte team last week 55-10..they're #1 in 5A for a reason.

Bull's-eye
12-04-2012, 10:17 PM
The National Weather Service has issued a "Red Storm" warning for the Beaumont area on Friday night & another warning for the Corpus Christie area on Saturday. Category D25 winds are expected!!!

76IHSMustang
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Hmmmm. Ricebirds by 7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

speedbump
12-04-2012, 11:03 PM

Wrong - I'm from El Campo but live in Katy and I'm not a 5-A fan. Two wrongs don't make a right but keep trying. I guarantee you I know much more about Carthage football than you know about Ricebird football.

MustangFootball
12-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Region 4 is weak In 4a as well. Don't see any state championship coming out of that area.Wasn't lake Travis a 4a state champ the last 5 years coming out of region 4?

speedbump
12-04-2012, 11:28 PM
That was not a very cowboy or Christ like thing to say.

What would you expect from a 2A fan from Tatum to say? LOL

garciap77
12-04-2012, 11:29 PM

Nice Picture!

MustangFootball
12-04-2012, 11:35 PM
El Campo is gonna have to tighten up their defense if they wanna win this game they gave up 408 yards of offense to Ingleside, I also believe they are gonna have to throw the ball in order to win this game....Ingleside was down 5 starters due to grades in that game and it was still a 17-14 game in the 4th quarter.....Their running game is awesome and have many threats when running the ball, I don't think Carthage will be ready for the birds....I see Carthage getting pushed around all night, but I still think the birds will have to throw to win this game.

Ricebirds by 10.:nerd:

itmoney100
12-04-2012, 11:48 PM
El Campo is gonna have to tighten up their defense if they wanna win this game they gave up 408 yards of offense to Ingleside, I also believe they are gonna have to throw the ball in order to win this game....Ingleside was down 5 starters due to grades in that game and it was still a 17-14 game in the 4th quarter.....Their running game is awesome and have many threats when running the ball, I don't think Carthage will be ready for the birds....I see Carthage getting pushed around all night, but I still think the birds will have to throw to win this game.

Ricebirds by 10.:nerd:

Yea El Campo they better Tighten up there Defense or it will be a long night. Carthage put up 355 yard of Offense in the first half Against Silsbee.

hookandladder
12-05-2012, 07:28 AM

You must not know anything other then 3A if you do not know about Katy football, that would be like saying who is Lake Travis. Katy has been a powerhouse for years in 5A football, any real football fan would know that. LOL

LonestarFB
12-05-2012, 07:30 AM

My thoughts exactly...East Texas smack-mouth football.

hollywood
12-05-2012, 10:50 AM

Talk all the smack you want cowboy, Stephenville doesn't think they'll hang 50 on everyone. If it happens, well it happens. But they don't go into the games thinking they will blow everyone out... not for one second. What they will do is go into each game highly focused on how they need to execute to the level they know how to play and have prepared to play. And that's hard, fast, smart, and relentless. Stephenville is a very athletic and well conditioned team. I'd put their strength and conditioning program up against anyone's in the state. So to sum it up for you, they go into to each game as any other team does and that's to play the best they know how to. The results will speak for themselves.

Best of luck to Carthage and El Campo this week. May the best team win.

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Talk all the smack you want cowboy, Stephenville doesn't think they'll hang 50 on everyone. If it happens, well it happens. But they don't go into the games thinking they will blow everyone out... not for one second. What they will do is go into each game highly focused on how they need to execute to the level they know how to play and have prepared to play. And that's hard, fast, smart, and relentless. Stephenville is a very athletic and well conditioned team. I'd put their strength and conditioning program up against anyone's in the state. So to sum it up for you, they go into to each game as any other team does and that's to play the best they know how to. The results will speak for themselves.

Best of luck to Carthage and El Campo this week. May the best team win.

I love the way people from east texas talk crap about anybody that supports their team that's not from East Texas!!!
In '09 it was like a broken record, east tx. is big, east tx. is fast, yadda yadda yadda!!! Yet little ole Graham made it all the way to state, and yes we lost by 1 point, but that just goes to show you, they can be beat and the ville is just the ones to do it!!!
May the football gods shine bright on Stephenville and yes, East Texas is GOING DOWN!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

ctown81
12-05-2012, 11:55 AM
I love the way people from east texas talk crap about anybody that supports their team that's not from East Texas!!!
In '09 it was like a broken record, east tx. is big, east tx. is fast, yadda yadda yadda!!! Yet little ole Graham made it all the way to state, and yes we lost by 1 point, but that just goes to show you, they can be beat and the ville is just the ones to do it!!!
May the football gods shine bright on Stephenville and yes, East Texas is GOING DOWN!!!

Go # 5

Heck I thought people from both Graham and Carthage preferred to forget about that game. The performance from either team was nothing to brag about that day. I think McCoy went 4 for 13 passing that game or something like that and Carthage stats weren't much better. I still don't understand the fake extra point. Everyone in the stadium knew they weren't going to kick the extra point.

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Heck I thought people from both Graham and Carthage preferred to forget about that game. The performance from either team was nothing to brag about that day. I think McCoy went 4 for 13 passing that game or something like that and Carthage stats weren't much better. I still don't understand the fake extra point. Everyone in the stadium knew they weren't going to kick the extra point.

Hahaha forget about it?? It's the state championship!!!! We played a good game and Carthage played a good game!! We both earned the right to be there and the best team won!!! By 1 point , and in the SC 1 is as good as 100!!! Your not a very good supporter, and should take Carthage off your profile, I doubt they want you representing them!!! They have some rings, how many do you have???

Go # 5

ctown81
12-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Hahaha forget about it?? It's the state championship!!!! We played a good game and Carthage played a good game!! We both earned the right to be there and the best team won!!! By 1 point , and in the SC 1 is as good as 100!!! Your not a very good supporter, and should take Carthage off your profile, I doubt they want you representing them!!! They have some rings, how many do you have???

Go # 5

Because I said they didn't play a good game? I assumed Graham didn't play their best football either, but if you said they play good I will take your word for it. Ok, you're entitled to your opinion. Fact is, people in Carthage rarely mentions that game. Most talk about 2008, 2010. You're right it's a state championship and we're proud of it but honest on the list of our many titles people just talk about 1990 baseball, 2008 and 2010 football.

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Because I said they didn't play a good game? I assumed Graham didn't play their best football either, but if you said they play good I will take your word for it. Ok, you're entitled to your opinion. Fact is, people in Carthage rarely mentions that game. Most talk about 2008, 2010. You're right it's a state championship and we're proud of it but honest on the list of our many titles people just talk about 1990 baseball, 2008 and 2010 football.

Your right about the fact that it wasn't our best game, and I only saw Carthage play that one game so I have nothing to measure their performance by so ill have to take your word for it, but if they played their worst game of the year and still win, it was at least note worthy to non conceited folks!!! Don't ya think??

Go # 5

ctown81
12-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Your right about the fact that it wasn't our best game, and I only saw Carthage play that one game so I have nothing to measure their performance by so ill have to take your word for it, but if they played their worst game of the year and still win, it was at least note worthy to non conceited folks!!! Don't ya think??

Go # 5

Not conceited. In 2008 and 2010 we were not supposed to win it all. Which made it more special in my eyes. We were favored in 09 and I can't speak for anyone else but myself but I took that season for granted. Other than Mexia, we weren't really challenged in the playoffs and in the state game we seemed to play sloppy and I thought both teams were way better than they showed. To be honest, if Graham just went for two straight up, they may have converted.

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Not conceited. In 2008 and 2010 we were not supposed to win it all. Which made it more special in my eyes. We were favored in 09 and I can't speak for anyone else but myself but I took that season for granted. Other than Mexia, we weren't really challenged in the playoffs and in the state game we seemed to play sloppy and I thought both teams were way better than they showed. To be honest, if Graham just went for two straight up, they may have converted.

We were better than we played, but bless the kids hearts, they don't get to call the plays!!! And yes we were scratching our heads after that last play!!! But the good news is, those affected the most by that play are doing good and out of rehab now!!! Lol

Go # 5

Pudlugger
12-05-2012, 05:12 PM
:hijacktd:
We were better than we played, but bless the kids hearts, they don't get to call the plays!!! And yes we were scratching our heads after that last play!!! But the good news is, those affected the most by that play are doing good and out of rehab now!!! Lol

Go # 5

Post your stuff on your own dang thread, this is El Campo Carthage.

cowboyandchrist
12-05-2012, 07:55 PM
You must not know anything other then 3A if you do not know about Katy football, that would be like saying who is Lake Travis. Katy has been a powerhouse for years in 5A football, any real football fan would know that. LOL

Everybody knows about Katy and there championships. I am just telling you this is a 3a football site. Learn to read my friend.

cowboyandchrist
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM

He has letters from several SEC schools.

cowboyandchrist
12-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Wrong - I'm from El Campo but live in Katy and I'm not a 5-A fan. Two wrongs don't make a right but keep trying. I guarantee you I know much more about Carthage football than you know about Ricebird football.

Went to school and played for the Dawgs in the seventies, been watching every since, and you still claim to more about the birds than I do about the Dawgs, good for you, but what does that have to do with talking about Katy football on a 3a site. Back at you my brother.

Inmateboss
12-05-2012, 08:20 PM
:hijacktd:

Post your stuff on your own dang thread, this is El Campo Carthage.
I was having a conversation with another poster that is still playing!!!

Go # 5

speedbump
12-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Went to school and played for the Dawgs in the seventies, been watching every since, and you still claim to more about the birds than I do about the Dawgs, good for you, but what does that have to do with talking about Katy football on a 3a site. Back at you my brother.

(1)I said I know more about Carthage football than you know about EC football. Take your own advice and learn to read. (2) No one mentioned 5A football until you brought it up. Please feel free to stick your other foot in your mouth now.

Weebe
12-05-2012, 09:01 PM
(1)I said I know more about Carthage football than you know about EC football. Take your own advice and learn to read. (2) No one mentioned 5A football until you brought it up. Please feel free to stick your other foot in your mouth now.

I think you are wasting your time with logic.

cowboyandchrist
12-05-2012, 09:07 PM

I guess I will not here from you again after Friday night, but good luck to the Ricebirds, God Bless and safe travel to all the Ricebird fans. Dawgs win

Dawgs
12-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I guess I will not here from you again after Friday night, but good luck to the Ricebirds, God Bless and safe travel to all the Ricebird fans. Dawgs win

Blow out...I've heard enough.

Manso/V8
12-05-2012, 10:36 PM

Scarcasm, followed by insincerity, a God Bless, a well wish, followed up by a boastful prediction.........hey cowboy, work on that Christ like walk.

gameface
12-06-2012, 07:57 AM
The Mighty Red has proven to be tough the past several years. Ricebirds gotta be focused and strong to inch out a win versus Carthage Junior College!

Pudlugger
12-06-2012, 08:27 AM
The Mighty Red has proven to be tough the past several years. Ricebirds gotta be focused and strong to inch out a win versus Carthage Junior College!

:evillol:

1st and goal
12-06-2012, 11:02 AM
I think if any team can beat Carthage, it will be the Ricebirds.

99IHSMustang
12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
I think EC is going to represent R4 very well. They have great running backs and can dump off short passes if necessary. I will be cheering on the Ricebirds in this one.

hookandladder
12-06-2012, 11:53 AM
He has letters from several SEC schools.

I know nothing about the player in question however I can tell you something about letters from schools, you can get a box full of them but until you get an offer they do not mean squat. Trust me I know personally , we have enough letters from many schools Big 12 , SEC and on. Good Luck to this young man on receiving a scholarship, they are hard to come by.

ctown81
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I know nothing about the player in question however I can tell you something about letters from schools, you can get a box full of them but until you get an offer they do not mean squat. Trust me I know personally , we have enough letters from many schools Big 12 , SEC and on. Good Luck to this young man on receiving a scholarship, they are hard to come by.

Very true statement. Hopefully he eventually receives an offer.

El Campo fans do you have any D1 talent on your team. There is definitely D1 size on that O-line.

whitelightning5
12-06-2012, 01:30 PM

El Campo fans do you have any D1 talent on your team. There is definitely D1 size on that O-line.

Not from EC, but I do know of 2 Rice commits.

ctown81
12-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Not from EC, but I do know of 2 Rice commits.

Nice. Ready for gametime to get here.

Pudlugger
12-06-2012, 02:48 PM

#6 is one and you will find him in the Bulldog backfield.

bossman1
12-06-2012, 04:12 PM

Is that who you thought Lagrange was playing when the Dawgs banged them up ?

44INAROW
12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I think you're right.. I still can't get over how his posts are a contradiction of his screen name. Wow.. I won't even "go there" with the grammar and spelling.. Carry on gentlemen.. oh and GO RICEBIRDS!!

MUSTANG69
12-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Good luck to both teams but I hope the Ricebirds win. Represent Reg IV well.

Pudlugger
12-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Is that who you thought Lagrange was playing when the Dawgs banged them up ?

LG played them better then anyone so far. Beat them for 3 quarters. Good luck with that tomorrow night. EC by 14.

cowboyandchrist
12-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Scarcasm, followed by insincerity, a God Bless, a well wish, followed up by a boastful prediction.........hey cowboy, work on that Christ like walk.

pot calling the kettle black, who are you to question someones faith, I have said nothing disrespectful to you are anyone else. I believe my Dawgs will win this game.

itmoney100
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
ETSN.fm 3A Week 4 Playoff Podcast: Kilgore, Carthage in D-I Semifinals + Henderson Faces Gilmer in Rematch
Check out podcast features Carthage and EC

http://etsn.fm/etsn-fm-3a-week-4-playoff-podcast-kilgore-carthage-in-d-i-semifinals-henderson-faces-gilmer-in-rematch/

Scoop27
12-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Listen to Bob Gillis interview about the game at approx 7:30 a.m. on Radio Station KULP
www.kulpradio.com

Scoop27
12-06-2012, 08:12 PM
also at 12:30 p.m.

ctown81
12-06-2012, 08:23 PM
also at 12:30 p.m.

I will check it out.

SintonFan
12-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Good luck to both teams but I hope the Ricebirds win. Represent Reg IV well.

Just think if yall had won. Two weeks of No Chance. :blush:
Go Ricebirds!!!

itmoney100
12-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Offensive Line Stands at Core of Carthage’s Balanced Attack

http://etsn.fm/offensive-line-stands-at-core-of-carthages-balanced-attack/

MUSTANG69
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Just think if yall had won. Two weeks of No Chance. :blush:
Go Ricebirds!!!

First, if our whole linebacker crew had not flunked out there is a good chance we would be playing in this game.

Second, all this NO CHANCE attitude towards the Ricebirds may come back to haunt some posters. They are a very well coached team and do what they do very well. If they control the game with their running attack they have a good chance of playing in the big one next week. Carthage offensive line better stop #56 & #66 or they are going to be in for a long night.

Go Ricebirds

ctown81
12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
First, if our whole linebacker crew had not flunked out there is a good chance we would be playing in this game.

Second, all this NO CHANCE attitude towards the Ricebirds may come back to haunt some posters. They are a very well coached team and do what they do very well. If they control the game with their running attack they have a good chance of playing in the big one next week. Carthage offensive line better stop #56 & #66 or they are going to be in for a long night.

Go Ricebirds

I think our O-line will be ok. We've been blessed with one of the best olines in 3A since 2008. I'm more concerned with Red Zone play calling and turnovers.

whitelightning5
12-07-2012, 12:04 PM
I think our O-line will be ok. We've been blessed with one of the best olines in 3A since 2008. I'm more concerned with Red Zone play calling and turnovers.

Do you mean to tell me that Carthage has some flaws?

ctown81
12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Do you mean to tell me that Carthage has some flaws?

I think we've had about 6 redzone turnovers in the past two game. Our defense has just been good enough to bail us out. As for the play calling, we have a tendency to to run the ball all the way to the 5 yd line and for some reason we pass instead of keep running. I think we see improvement in both this week.

hollywood
12-07-2012, 03:14 PM

A team can only get away with that kind of play so far... this deep in the playoffs, teams will make the other pay for their mistakes.

I watched some video on Carthage/Silsbee and Carthage/Jasper games. I could see the youth. I'm sure they get better each week. Good luck tonight! Stephenville wants the winner. Kilgore will be brought down to reality tonight.

scrub c
12-07-2012, 09:08 PM
EC up 14-7
Carthage cant stop the run

scrub c
12-07-2012, 09:09 PM
EC up 14-7
Carthage cant stop the run

pirate4state
12-07-2012, 09:10 PM

hmmmm :thinking: still early, but maybe they won't be running away....:eek:

Dawgs
12-07-2012, 09:48 PM
hmmmm :thinking: still early, but maybe they won't be running away....:eek:

El Campo is good...#6 is a man. Shows how much I know, I thought El Campo ran the wing t....Aint nothing wing t about their running attack. Great game, going to be a great second half. Let's go Dawgs!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2012, 09:57 PM
From what I've read El Campo is a one dimensional running team. Carthage has played very good against the run this year anchored by a strong defensive line. If El Campo can get some play action going early it might be a close game, but if they allow Carthage to stack the box this game could get ugly. A Surratt coached Carthage team will take whatever El Campo is willing to give up on defense...if they sellout on the run we will pass...if they sellout in the pass we will run <<< pretty simple football. I feel much more confident in a run heavy team, then a spread type team that's going to throw it 40 times a game. Hopefully Carthage gets rid of the turnover bug, but I think even with turnovers Carthage can take this one. Prediction: Carthage 21 El Campo 7 at the half...Carthage 35 El Campo 24 final...Carthage has not shown that they can play a complete football game this year without turning the ball over, but if this is the game, and Carthage has 1 or no turnovers then I'll take Carthage 49 El Campo 14...Ya I said it!El Campo has reached the 14 point mark.....

LonestarFB
12-07-2012, 10:11 PM
17-14 Carthage on top

Weebe
12-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Officiating costing EC the game.

Dawgs
12-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Great game El Campo...I'll take my crow blackened. Good luck next week, you guys deserve it.

Dogs_21
12-07-2012, 11:34 PM
East Texas sure was talking a lot about EC! Tried to tell them. SMH

garciap77
12-07-2012, 11:34 PM
:vrycnfsd:
Officiating costing EC the game.:vrycnfsd:

SintonFan
12-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Great win EC! Bring back that State Title to Region Four!!!!

Sorry about the loss Carthage. You guys will be be even stronger next year(scary as heck). Congratulations on a great season. :)

speedbump
12-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Great game El Campo...I'll take my crow blackened. Good luck next week, you guys deserve it.

That makes it easy on the cook. Leave the feathers on and throw it on a plate. Great game and a great team in Carthage.

SintonFan
12-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Listening to the after show. Love it when an announcer says, "Maybe the focus is now on SOUTHeast Texas". lol ;)

99IHSMustang
12-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Congrats on the win Ricebirds and congrats to Carthage on a great season.

Weebe
12-08-2012, 12:06 AM
No way a one dimensional team can beat Carthage...

buckeyebob
12-08-2012, 01:29 AM
pot calling the kettle black, who are you to question someones faith, I have said nothing disrespectful to you are anyone else. I believe my Dawgs will win this game.

What happened to our Bulldogs? Looks like we have to carry the banner...good job Bulldogs on a very successful season...I look forward to our next match.

defense51
12-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Congrats El Campo!

gameface
12-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Proud of the Ricebirds! LG Gameface wishes yall good luck at Jerry World next Friday!!!

lostaussie
12-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Go Ricebirds! I have yall as champ in the pick'em. Prove me right.

MustangFootball
12-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Congrats Ricebirds way to represent region 4.

Tejastrue
12-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Congrats Ricebirds way to represent region 4.

+1 :clap: