PDA

View Full Version : Good to meet ya last night in Wichita Falls

bobcat1
12-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Got to meet CCMom and ville last night. Also on hand was G2 and Garcia. Had a good meal and a few adult beverages. Then went and watched a good game for 2.5 quarters and then the wheels fell off for Wylie and Stephenville took the game over. Stephenville is not unbeatable but it will take some athletes to play man, bump at the line, upset timing and pressure has to be applied to the QB. Wylie played way too soft on the edges in my opinion but what do I know. Stephenville's receivers were just finding holes in the zone. That QB for Stephenville was extremely accurate. #22 was a stud of a running back. The O-Line was awesome. Their defense was okay against the run. Against the pass they are at their weakest. Kinda reminds me of 2010 Brownwood but not as explosive. I think Brownwood 2010 wins that game if it were ever played. Abilene Wylie had no stand out players just a heck of a team of good players. They played their guts out and have no reason to hang their head. They fooled me on the fumblerooskie play. Heck of a play. 86 made a heck of a circus catch on one play as did 33. They could not run between the guards but sweeps and off tackle worked on occasion. Their passing game was pretty good when the QB had time. 14 made a heck of a run back on a kickoff. Nearly made it in the endzone. Really was an exciting game Thanks to both teams!

Sville
12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
You met Sville not Ville. ;)

I agree we are not unbeatable but our offense has been unstoppable, and they seem to raise their game every week as the comp gets tougher. I really don't have words to describe how good they are to fans that have not seen them play. You just have to see for yourself.

We will just have to agree to disagree on your '10 Bwood opinion. The biggest difference between those two teams are in the trenches. We have good size and power. That is what Carthage exposed.

I am not ready to label this Svillle team yet cause they got to finish this thing out first but they have the opportunity to be ranked as one of the best Sville teams.

ccmom
12-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Nice saying Hi to y'all last night.

bobcat1
12-01-2012, 01:25 PM

I agree we are not unbeatable but our offense has been unstoppable, and they seem to raise their game every week as the comp gets tougher. I really don't have words to describe how good they are to fans that have not seen them play. You just have to see for yourself.

We will just have to agree to disagree on your '10 Bwood opinion. The biggest difference between those two teams are in the trenches. We have good size and power. That is what Carthage exposed.

I am not ready to label this Svillle team yet cause they got to finish this thing out first but they have the opportunity to be ranked as one of the best Sville teams.
My Bad. LOL Good meeting you and you are right about the line play. I just think they could've matched y'all score for score and might have out-athleted you at the skill positions other than QB and that would have been a dead heat.

toddg
12-01-2012, 02:38 PM

whats your opinion on how T.Jones stacks up to former S'ville QBs?

Sville
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
whats your opinion on how T.Jones stacks up to former S'ville QBs?

I will answer this after the season. Jones and the Jackets have to finish the job first before I can compare them to the great Sville teams of past.

toddg
12-01-2012, 03:41 PM
I will answer this after the season. Jones and the Jackets have to finish the job first before I can compare them to the great Sville teams of past.

fair enough, i look fwd to it! iv had the pleasure of seeing all of them over the last 20 years..it will be interesting to get the prespective opinion from someone who has seen them all on a week-to-week basis.