PDA

View Full Version : stephenville will win state!

TXfootballboi!
12-01-2012, 10:44 AM
I hate to say it! Im not a stephenville fan by any means! But after theg destroyed wylie last night(the biggest threat to them) cant nobody stop them!

GrTigers6
12-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I believe Kilgore, El Campo, or Carthage will allbe a challenge for Stephenville, I think they can beat any of them but then again those three all have a shot at taking down the Jackets. If the Jackets continue to play like they have been then they should have their first state championship in 3A.

TXfootballboi!
12-01-2012, 11:21 AM
I dont know much about el campo or kilgore! But i know carthage will be a good test for the jackets.. but its like when you seem to have then down.. bam! Now your down

ctown81
12-01-2012, 11:38 AM
I hate to say it! Im not a stephenville fan by any means! But after theg destroyed wylie last night(the biggest threat to them) cant nobody stop them!

LOL. Too funny. Carthage is never supposed to win b/c they have a couple of losses on their record but I guess we will managed.

TXfootballboi!
12-01-2012, 11:50 AM
What can i say.. the ville is good! Not as good as chapel hill last year or henderson two years ago.. but they are good!

ctown81
12-01-2012, 12:24 PM
What can i say.. the ville is good! Not as good as chapel hill last year or henderson two years ago.. but they are good!

This SAME Carthage team, sophmores at the time, lost to CH by 1 last year and I know this years team could have be that Henderson team of 2 years ago. .So does that mean Carthage can beat the Ville? Trying to understand.

ctown81
12-01-2012, 12:29 PM
I still don't understand why people were calling Wyle/Sville the state title game. Stephenville is definitely the favorites but I think the message boards just fell in love with Wylie after Week 1.

Sville
12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
We are not unbeatable but our offense has been unstoppable, and they seem to raise their game every week as the comp gets tougher. I really don't have words to describe how good they are to fans that have not seen them play. You just have to see for yourself. I know you saw them ctown at Kincade vs. Ozen, they have progressed so much since that point in the season they have been like a machine the past month or so. They scored 59 with 580 yds of offense and 37 first downs last night against Wylie.

People can have their opinions about this Sville D as well but they are no slouches either. We have held every top flight opponent well below their season averages in yards and points. Wylie managed 85 yards rushing last night after avg. 227 a game on the year and scored 1 TD in the 2nd half. We are very good up front.

HEMOTOXIC
12-01-2012, 01:22 PM
We are not unbeatable but our offense has been unstoppable, and they seem to raise their game every week as the comp gets tougher. I really don't have words to describe how good they are to fans that have not seen them play. You just have to see for yourself. I know you saw them ctown at Kincade vs. Ozen, they have progressed so much since that point in the season they have been like a machine the past month or so. They scored 59 with 580 yds of offense and 37 first downs last night against Wylie.

People can have their opinions about this Sville D as well but they are no slouches either. We have held every top flight opponent well below their season averages in yards and points. Wylie managed 85 yards rushing last night after avg. 227 a game on the year and scored 1 TD in the 2nd half. We are very good up front.

Very impressive... Congrats to Stephenville.. The Jackets will be very tough to beat.

buckeyebob
12-01-2012, 01:33 PM

You will just have to see the East Texas Speed

Sville
12-01-2012, 01:38 PM

East TX will have to play to our speed, if they can!

ctown81
12-01-2012, 01:44 PM

I was afraid of that when I saw them. I knew they weren't near full potential at the time. Here's my honest opinion on Carthage and Stephenville if they meet. If Carthage turn the ball over more than once in the game, Stephenville will be hoisting up the Texas Trophy and unfortunately we still have turnover issues in the red zone. Now if Carthage plays turnover free football it's a toss up. I think both teams at their best are even but I know if Carthage turns the ball over in the red zone I will be eating crow. I hope we both handle business and meet at Jerry's World.

Sville
12-01-2012, 01:48 PM
II hope we both handle business and meet at Jerry's World.

I agree. This was the final matchup everyone was predicting in the pre-season and the one I think most people want to see. But we both have to take care of business this Friday first. Kilgore and EC are here for a rreason.

COBRAFOOTBALL
12-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Nobody beats SV... Thats a fact Jack!

TXfootballboi!
12-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Your a fool to say this years Carthage team can beat the Henderson team from 2 years ago... they were scary good! And chapel hill last year was the best in best team in 3a then came alvarado by one point! So think again

TXfootballboi!
12-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Ohh and that east Texas speed? Well umm stephenville is very very fast! Don't think they are slow now

Hendo
12-01-2012, 03:14 PM

Blah blah! Speed this! Speed that! Speed crap! We've been hearing that story since the early 90s. "Everman is fast, La Marque is fast, Ozen is fast, La Vega is fast." I hope east texas is bringing more than speed to Jerry's world if they plan on playing Stephenville.

Dawgs
12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Your a fool to say this years Carthage team can beat the Henderson team from 2 years ago... they were scary good! And chapel hill last year was the best in best team in 3a then came alvarado by one point! So think again

Your the fool bud...Carthage SPANKED Henderson in 2010 in the original District of Doom. So to say Henderson was scary good is not accurate. They were a good team, but not near the team Carthage was that year. 2010 Carthage won their 3rd consecutive DII Championship. I'm not sure if this years Carthage team could've beaten the 2010 Henderson team or the 2011 CH team, but thats irrelevant.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2012, 03:21 PM

Chapel Hill needed a td with 8 secs to go to get by Columbia last year 21-16. Columbia let that game slip away, should of won it.

Dawgs
12-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Totally agree with Ctown81...Don't turn over the ball and it's a toss up, but you could say that about any State Championship game. It will be a tall task for Carthage even without turnovers, but we been there before.

Ville-D
08-15-2013, 06:07 PM

Not as good... Better.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

TXfootballboi!
08-15-2013, 06:17 PM
I wish Columbia would have beat chapel hill cause then Alvarado would have a ring right now LOL! But the ville is still very good even this coming up year

regaleagle
08-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Good for Stephenville. But I'm not a Yellowjacket fan....I'm an Argyle Eagle fan. The point is there just so happens to be lots of teams at this juncture in the 2013 season that have the same outlook as does the Stephenville Yellowjackets. It's unfortunate that I am outposted here on this thread for now....and the Argyle contingent doesn't really follow this site as a rule. There are a few that post during the season, but that's about it. Celina, Gilmer, Wimberley, maybe the Carthage crowd, and certainly other schools definitely have more posters than does Argyle or some of the other schools that may have a shot at a title this season. In short, I'm not believin' everything I read on here, that's for sure. Ya'll can feed your fanbase and anybody else whatever you'd like.....but I'm not buying. The season has ups & downs, and twists & turns.....it ain't over til it's over. Heck, we haven't even got started yet!!!

orange machine
08-15-2013, 06:49 PM
My front runners for the title are Carthage in D1 and Argyle in D2. For 2013

ccmom
08-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Easy regal...this thread is from last December. :)

regaleagle
08-15-2013, 06:51 PM
then why bring it up now??? I'm not that stupid, but there is underlying reason for the retort, my dear.

hollywood
08-15-2013, 06:59 PM
LOL.. This is comical.

regaleagle
08-15-2013, 07:01 PM
yeah, esp. posted right on the front page as a new season is beginning, lol. Y'all need to be more creative than that.

hollywood
08-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Totally agree with Ctown81...Don't turn over the ball and it's a toss up, but you could say that about any State Championship game. It will be a tall task for Carthage even without turnovers, but we been there before.

This is what I should have responded to Dawgs last year regaleagle, "if y'all would have executed Dawg, y'all would have had the chance to get thumped like El Campo did"

:D

regaleagle
08-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Just tryin' to get the ol" pot stirring for the rest of the posters on here, Hollywood. And BTW, congrats on the big 5000.

Ville-D
08-16-2013, 02:02 AM
then why bring it up now??? I'm not that stupid, but there is underlying reason for the retort, my dear.

I brought it up because I thought it was a fun thread to read as I was digging through the archives... Glad you enjoyed it too. :wave:

Manso/V8
08-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Maybe if you go down to the fire station they will let you ring the bell on the truck again.