PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer & Henderson...16-3A Champions...Battle of the Pine Curtain

buckeyebob
12-01-2012, 02:35 AM
The Dallas Area teams are have been crushed & are now playing round ball...16-3A determines Region III Championship. How is this one gonna work out? It was a slobber knocker in the first one. Will Monsta strut his stuff? Will the Buckeyes Black Flag put him to shame?
Friday night @ Lobo...the Battle of the Pine Curtain...who 'ya got?
How many other regions have all three teams still at it? MMMMM...Buckeyes, Bulldogs & Lions

toddg
12-01-2012, 02:52 AM
The Dallas Area teams are have been crushed & are now playing round ball...16-3A determines Region III Championship. How is this one gonna work out? It was a slobber knocker in the first one. Will Monsta strut his stuff? Will the Buckeyes Black Flag put him to shame?
Friday night @ Lobo...the Battle of the Pine Curtain...who 'ya got?
How many other regions have all three teams still at it? MMMMM...Buckeyes, Bulldogs & Lions
I guarantee one of them gets knocked out next week....

RPF2666
12-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Congratulations!

Aesculus gilmus
12-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Gilmer and Henderson are in Region II.

pirate4state
12-01-2012, 09:59 AM

lol yeah even I knew that one ;)

Pawdaddy
12-01-2012, 11:01 AM
The WOW factor is how many districts have all three teams still playing! With only 12 teams remaining alive in 3A football playoffs in Division I and II combined, 3 of them come out of 16AAA! May not be unprecedented, but it is definitely an exclamation point for the title of "District of Doom." Anythng can happen at this point. All teams remaining have the credentials to be the last team standing. All that remains is to strap it on and get after it. How many times have there been two state champions out of one district?

lostaussie
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Its happened in 2A I know of one time. 2 state champs and a region finalist from same distict. Might have been 3 best teams in 2a that year.

Lion70
12-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Its happened in 2A I know of one time. 2 state champs and a region finalist from same distict. Might have been 3 best teams in 2a that year.

happened in 4A as well in Texas city/Lamque and I think and in 2004 Kilgore wins state, Marshall loses state, Jax goes several rounds deep, and hallsville is at the house with a 7-3 record.

regaleagle
12-01-2012, 12:12 PM
In 2A, Argyle and Celina both went to the SC title game the same year as DI and DII reps. out of the same district. Celina won the DII that season, and Argyle lost the DI to Newton. That was Argyle's and Celina's last year in 2A. But for ALL THREE teams in a district to still be in at this juncture is just as amazing. Of course, at least one will fall this weekend, and perhaps two. Congrats to these 16-3A teams.

buckeyebob
12-01-2012, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the cover...at the time, I was hyped on adrenaline & cafeinne....

buckeyebob
12-01-2012, 01:38 PM
The WOW factor is how many districts have all three teams still playing! With only 12 teams remaining alive in 3A football playoffs in Division I and II combined, 3 of them come out of 16AAA! May not be unprecedented, but it is definitely an exclamation point for the title of "District of Doom." Anythng can happen at this point. All teams remaining have the credentials to be the last team standing. All that remains is to strap it on and get after it. How many times have there been two state champions out of one district?

Where is WOS87 when you need him?

Dawgs
12-01-2012, 02:15 PM
happened in 4A as well in Texas city/Lamque and I think and in 2004 Kilgore wins state, Marshall loses state, Jax goes several rounds deep, and hallsville is at the house with a 7-3 record.

The original District of Doom in 2010, Carthage won DII, and Henderson beat CH a week prior for the DI crown. Congrats to Gimer, and Henderson on a regional final rematch. I think this game is too close to call, with both teams being for real. This might be one for the ages, and a legendary game in East Texas. Good luck to both teams. At the beginning of the year there was a lot of talk on this site about East Texas being down...Gilmer, Henderson, Kilgore, and Carthage still playing in the 4th round. Says alot for East Texas 3A Football. I think it's amazing to still have 4 teams playing that are all within a 40 minute drive from one another!!!