PDA

View Full Version : Harold Jackson and Twinkies!

Cam
11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
In hearing of the recent Hostess announcment of their closing, it reminded me of my best friend in 4th grade, Harold Jackson. Harold was dirt poor and it seemed like he barely ever had enough to eat. He was skinny as a toothpick. Kids would pick on him mainly cause he was so skinny and was only 1 of 3 Black kids in the entire school. Called him names like Black Mamba and stuff. Anyways, back then, alot of kids would bring their school lunch from home in their shiny metal lunch boxes. Remember those? Mine was a Superman lunch box until it got stolen....so I ended up with a Betty Boop box. Momma didn't give a hoot what kind of box I had. Didn't matter. I took the markers to it and made Betty look more like Spiderman!!!
Harold never brought a lunch. One day in class I looked over to Harold. He was secretly unwrapping a Twinkie and quickly taking bites out of it. He just smiled at me. I didn't think much of it. Then lunch time came! I opened up my altered Betty Boop box and....HOLY CRAP!...my Twinkies were gone!..I immediately went to Harold to confront him. I threatened to tell the teacher and he begged me not to. He reached into his pocket and gave me a dime. I let it go at that although I was still pissed I wasn't gonna have dessert that day.
After school I realized I shouldn't have accepted that dime from Harold. So I decided to give it back. I reached into my pocket and noticed I only had a penny! Puzzled for a bit, I flipped it over only to see the other side was a dime!...Dangit! It was my special penny that had been machined out on the tails side and fitted with a dime. My dad had given it to me! I had taken it for show and tell and kept it in my desk.
So Harold from Houston...if you're out there, ya got me twice you son-bitch!!....You owe me at least one box of Twinkies!!!:flaming: .....did you take my Superman lunch box by any chance?.....:thinking:

What does this have to do with football...absolutely nothin'!...although if Harold ever played the game in high school, I'd bet he done good....that kid could fly!...

toddg
11-29-2012, 01:36 PM
In hearing of the recent Hostess announcment of their closing, it reminded me of my best friend in 4th grade, Harold Jackson. Harold was dirt poor and it seemed like he barely ever had enough to eat. He was skinny as a toothpick. Kids would pick on him mainly cause he was so skinny and was only 1 of 3 Black kids in the entire school. Called him names like Black Mamba and stuff. Anyways, back then, alot of kids would bring their school lunch from home in their shiny metal lunch boxes. Remember those? Mine was a Superman lunch box until it got stolen....so I ended up with a Betty Boop box. Momma didn't give a hoot what kind of box I had. Didn't matter. I took the markers to it and made Betty look more like Spiderman!!!
Harold never brought a lunch. One day in class I looked over to Harold. He was secretly unwrapping a Twinkie and quickly taking bites out of it. He just smiled at me. I didn't think much of it. Then lunch time came! I opened up my altered Betty Boop box and....HOLY CRAP!...my Twinkies were gone!..I immediately went to Harold to confront him. I threatened to tell the teacher and he begged me not to. He reached into his pocket and gave me a dime. I let it go at that although I was still pissed I wasn't gonna have dessert that day.
After school I realized I shouldn't have accepted that dime from Harold. So I decided to give it back. I reached into my pocket and noticed I only had a penny! Puzzled for a bit, I flipped it over only to see the other side was a dime!...Dangit! It was my special penny that had been machined out on the tails side and fitted with a dime. My dad had given it to me! I had taken it for show and tell and kept it in my desk.
So Harold from Houston...if you're out there, ya got me twice you son-bitch!!....You owe me at least one box of Twinkies!!!:flaming: .....did you take my Superman lunch box by any chance?.....:thinking:

What does this have to do with football...absolutely nothin'!...although if Harold ever played the game in high school, I'd bet he done good....that kid could fly!...

somwhere, king ding dong, twinkie the kid, capt.cupecake are laughing....but i bet fruit pie the magician is not amused...!

panfan
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM

RIP Twinkies :bigcry: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/TruckGuy74/TwinkeFuneral.jpg

Rattler
11-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Mr Jackson http://www.sogoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Die-Hard-Twinkie.jpg

greendawg84
11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
I always did figure you fer a twinkie feller :D

greendawg84
11-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Basketball story to follow up CAMS the other day.

Freshman game I arrived on time just to find out they started early. Halftime score 43-1 Dripping Springs. Drip can plays them some BB.

Final score 76-9 , NO I DID NOT TYPE THAT WRONG.

So middle son gets into the truck and I ask him WTH.

Replies without missing a beat " Dad , I was the high scorer the first half " :doh:

So being the smart arse that I am I said " well you also were tied for 2nd leading scorer on the game with 2 "

To which he replied " Yes Sir , hit 50 % of my freethrows , 2 for 4 ".

My reply " well son at least they are teaching you some Math , they sure aint teaching you how to play basketball " :D

Game breakdown.

Player #5 had 5 points
Player #18 had 2 points
Son had 2 points

This is in a High School game with 4 quarters , like 32 minutes of basketball 9 points. True Story

Cam
11-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Basketball story to follow up CAMS the other day.

Freshman game I arrived on time just to find out they started early. Halftime score 43-1 Dripping Springs. Drip can plays them some BB.

Final score 76-9 , NO I DID NOT TYPE THAT WRONG.

So middle son gets into the truck and I ask him WTH.

Replies without missing a beat " Dad , I was the high scorer the first half " :doh:

So being the smart arse that I am I said " well you also were tied for 2nd leading scorer on the game with 2 "

To which he replied " Yes Sir , hit 50 % of my freethrows , 2 for 4 ".

My reply " well son at least they are teaching you some Math , they sure aint teaching you how to play basketball " :D

Game breakdown.

Player #5 had 5 points
Player #18 had 2 points
Son had 2 points

This is in a High School game with 4 quarters , like 32 minutes of basketball 9 points. True Story

Holy crap man!....Well, at least our 7th boys only lost 24-9 last night. Better than last weeks 50-somethin' to 1!..So I'm callin' that progress!......Seems like the coaches are teachin' em alot about passin' and looks like the boys spend all their time tryin' to find the open man......but nobody wants to shoot the dang ball!....Hope varsity BB coach Kiser don't get too upset with the current state of events and decide to go to some basketball crazy town and take his QB sons with him!...LOL!....This is all your fault Greendawg!...I don't know why...just is!...