PDA

View Full Version : The best University of Texas site out there!!

3afan2K3
02-13-2004, 04:03 PM
this site is so freakin awesome

http://www.longhornfootball.net/

<small>[ February 13, 2004, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

bullfrog_alumni_02
02-13-2004, 04:06 PM
ummm......NO!!!!!!!

PPHSfan
02-13-2004, 04:59 PM
3afan2K3:
this site is so freakin awesome

http://www.longhornfootball.net/HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH......That's NOT Funny. :D

Chupacabra
02-13-2004, 05:14 PM
I was expecting something worth the click...that was just dumb. I hope that site is under construction or something, otherwise it's just a serious lack of effort.

3afan2K3
02-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Chupacabra:
I was expecting something worth the click...that was just dumb. I hope that site is under construction or something, otherwise it's just a serious lack of effort.What are you talking about

Chupacabra
02-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Wait a second, my pop-up blocker was preventing it from doing what it was supposed to do.

<small>[ February 13, 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Chupacabra ]</small>

rholl
02-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Aggy envys the Horns, more than they like themselves.

3afan2K3
02-13-2004, 05:30 PM
Chupacabra dont ruin it for everyone

Old Tiger
02-13-2004, 05:32 PM
That's funny, but I don't like it.

Chupacabra
02-13-2004, 10:07 PM
3afan2K3:
Chupacabra dont ruin it for everyoneAll right, I'll edit it, even though you suck bigtime.

Chupacabra
02-13-2004, 10:08 PM
nm

<small>[ February 13, 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Chupacabra ]</small>

JasperDog94
02-14-2004, 01:14 AM
All time series wins:

Texas - 71
A&M - 34 (5 ties)

Most recent games:

2003 - 46-15 Texas
2002 - 50-20 Texas
2001 - 21-7 Texas
2000 - 43-17 Texas

nuff said. :cool:

Murphy Lee
02-14-2004, 04:41 AM
What is nuff? Cool all-time records. Since 1980, when I was born, A&M holds the edge. Considering A&M was an all male military school until the mid 70's, I'd be shocked if the whorns didn't have the all time advantage. How many recruiting battles do you think A&M won in those days? "Come to our school. We have no girls." How quickly the whorns forget that the Ags won 4 in a row during the 90's. What comes around goes around. Just be ready when it comes around again. There's a couple of Jasper boys at A&M that are going to play a big part in a win over tu in the next few years.

Wildcat81
02-14-2004, 06:30 AM
I liked it.

sinton66
02-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Stupid Aggies. It is to laugh, HAR-HAR, HARDEE-HAR-HAR .

<small>[ February 14, 2004, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

onfirebball05mustang
02-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Woo Hoo!!! Go Aggies: And they shall cut of the horns of the wicked! Gotta Love it!
Let your aggie pride show!

vfunk
02-14-2004, 12:09 PM
Bet UT could keep a bonfire going....

crzyjournalist03
02-14-2004, 12:53 PM
vfunk:
Bet UT could keep a bonfire going....how did I know that before this thread died, somebody would bring this up again?

olddawggreen
02-14-2004, 08:06 PM

JasperDog94
02-14-2004, 08:15 PM
crzyjournalist03:

vfunk:
Bet UT could keep a bonfire going....how did I know that before this thread died, somebody would bring this up again?Because aggies are so blinded by tradition that they keep wanting to have it no matter how dangerous it is or how many people get killed. Aggies can't let it go.
:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
02-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Murphy Lee:
Considering A&M was an all male military school until the mid 70's, I'd be shocked if the whorns didn't have the all time advantage.Less distractions.
:D :D :D

Murphy Lee
02-14-2004, 08:18 PM
vfunk:
Bet UT could keep a bonfire going....Out of respect for the victims and their families, could you keep such comments to yourself. If you had any idea of what the bonfire meant to the Aggies and just how horrific that day was, you wouldn't post that kind of stuff. There are some things more important than the rivalry and this is one of them.

JasperDog94
02-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Murphy Lee:
If you had any idea of what the bonfire meant to the Aggies and just how horrific that day was, you wouldn't post that kind of stuff. There are some things more important than the rivalry and this is one of them.While I agree that there are more important things than a rivalry, please enlighten us "non aggies" as to what the bonfire really stands for.

Murphy Lee
02-14-2004, 08:32 PM
JasperDog94:
Because aggies are so blinded by tradition that they keep wanting to have it no matter how dangerous it is or how many people get killed. Aggies can't let it go.
:rolleyes: Again, show some respect. We will never forget those who passed away that day. The memorial is currently under construction at the site of the tragedy. Those who want the bonfire tradition to continue all understand that changes need to be made. In some form or fashion, the bonfire needs to return to A&M. It represented much more than merely watching wood burn. It brought together Aggies of past, present, and future, and now it will allow the 12 who lost their lives to be remembered on a yearly basis, and to remind the rest of us what it means to be an Aggie.

Bonfire Memorial (http://bonfirememorial.tamu.edu/)

JasperDog94
02-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Murphy Lee:

JasperDog94:
Because aggies are so blinded by tradition that they keep wanting to have it no matter how dangerous it is or how many people get killed. Aggies can't let it go.
:rolleyes: Again, show some respect. We will never forget those who passed away that day. The memorial is currently under construction at the site of the tragedy. Those who want the bonfire tradition to continue all understand that changes need to be made. In some form or fashion, the bonfire needs to return to A&M. It represented much more than merely watching wood burn. It brought together Aggies of past, present, and future, and now it will allow the 12 who lost their lives to be remembered on a yearly basis, and to remind the rest of us what it means to be an Aggie.

Bonfire Memorial (http://bonfirememorial.tamu.edu/)Please inform me as to how I was disrespectful. All I'm trying to say is that it's dangerous and doesn't need to continue. Is it worth it for traditions sake to let it continue?

Murphy Lee
02-14-2004, 08:52 PM
JasperDog94:

Murphy Lee:
If you had any idea of what the bonfire meant to the Aggies and just how horrific that day was, you wouldn't post that kind of stuff. There are some things more important than the rivalry and this is one of them.While I agree that there are more important things than a rivalry, please enlighten us "non aggies" as to what the bonfire really stands for.I sense the sarcasm and I'm not ammused. To be honest, you probably wouldn't understand what it means, and I'm sure it has a little different meaning for everyone, but it's something every Aggie holds dear. It's something you would have to experience. I grew up attending bonfires, and I helped construct the last one to be lit in '98. For many, being an Aggie is a family tradition. I would love to be able to take my children to the bonfire one day and let them experience what it feels like to have thousands and thousands of people united as one.

Murphy Lee
02-14-2004, 08:58 PM
"Those who want the bonfire tradition to continue all understand that changes need to be made."

I know changes need to be made to make it safer. No one is asking to put lives at stake again. Just asking for the bonfire to return in some form or fashion.

JasperDog94
02-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Murphy Lee:

JasperDog94:

Murphy Lee:
If you had any idea of what the bonfire meant to the Aggies and just how horrific that day was, you wouldn't post that kind of stuff. There are some things more important than the rivalry and this is one of them.While I agree that there are more important things than a rivalry, please enlighten us "non aggies" as to what the bonfire really stands for.I sense the sarcasm and I'm not ammused. To be honest, you probably wouldn't understand what it means, and I'm sure it has a little different meaning for everyone, but it's something every Aggie holds dear. It's something you would have to experience. I grew up attending bonfires, and I helped construct the last one to be lit in '98. For many, being an Aggie is a family tradition. I would love to be able to take my children to the bonfire one day and let them experience what it feels like to have thousands and thousands of people united as one....united in one bitter hatred for UT. That's really what the bonfire is about. And let's be candid. Stop all of this "you really have to be there or be an aggie to understand" stuff. That's a bunch of garbage.

I know that police officers do what they do to protect people. I don't have to be one to understand. I also know that athletes do what they do because they love their particular sport. I don't have to play every sport to understand why they do their particular sport.

It's all about the envy you guys and gals have for UT. That's what being an aggie is all about. It's all you guys talk about. It's what you obsess about. And I know that nothing I write here will make a difference other than the fact that I know I've made my point.

Murphy Lee
02-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Classless. I have several friends that are Longhorns, and they represent their school well. You do not. You're a disgrace to the University of Texas and to all Longhorn fans. You have shown your true colors. I have respect for the University of Texas, but in no way am I envious of anything they have, nor do I have a bitter hatred for them. I was raised an Aggie, it was a dream to attend A&M, and I'll always be an Aggie. There's nothing greater.

JasperDog94
02-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Murphy Lee:
Classless. I have several friends that are Longhorns, and they represent their school well. You do not. You're a disgrace to the University of Texas and to all Longhorn fans. You have shown your true colors. I have respect for the University of Texas, but in no way am I envious of anything they have, nor do I have a bitter hatred for them. I was raised an Aggie, it was a dream to attend A&M, and I'll always be an Aggie. There's nothing greater.Actually I have several aggie friends. They would disagree that I am a disgrace to the University of Texas. At least they can hold a coherant coversation about A&M without sounding pompous or arrogant. I've asked some simple questions that you fail to answer.

The issue of respect is a simple one. I respect A&M as a fine institution of higher learning. I even considered going there until I realized that they didn't have a music education program.

The problem I have is with "Aggies". It's fine to have traditions and love your school. But you guys take it to the extreme. When you resort to childish name calling, that's just plain pathetic. And while I never really liked the Aggie bonfire, I couldn't care less about it until the tragedy. Now I believe it's got to stop.

One more thing: I'VE NEVER EVER MADE FUN OF THE VICTIMS OF THE BONFIRE! You really need to back off a little and check what I said before you start throwing around accusations.

vfunk
02-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Im with you J-Dog. Some people are so sensitive. I love getting people going.

Murphy Lee
02-15-2004, 01:20 PM
"without sounding pompous or arrogant"

Ok, who was it again that said all of the Aggies were envious of UT? And you're accusing me of being pompous and arrogant. You made the generalization that the bonfire is only about our hatred for UT and that all Aggies envy UT, and you expect me not to get upset. I was trying to have a civil conversation with you, but you're the one who deviated.

About respect, it was initially towards whoever posted on UT being able to keep the bonfire going. That's like saying, "I bet A&M could keep a gunman out of the clock tower." You just don't joke about tragedies. You also said that we are all blinded by tradition and do not care how many people die, and you couldn't be more wrong. Those 12 will always be remembered and we never want that to happen again. People are paralyzed and even die playing sports. Should we quit playing sports, or just make them as safe as we can to prevent it from happening? There were several things wrong with how the bonfire was constructed which need to be corrected, if you'd like a link, I'll give it to you. I don't care if they change the style or even contract it out to have built, I'd like to see it return.

I'm willing to reopen a civial conversation, but I ask that you do not continue to stereotype all Aggies. And when you ask a question, accept the answer, don't turn around and post what you feel anyway. Why even ask if you are going to do that?

JasperDog94
02-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Murphy Lee:
People are paralyzed and even die playing sports. Should we quit playing sports, or just make them as safe as we can to prevent it from happening?Unfortunately, your comparing apples and oranges. The last time I checked having a bonfire does not constitute a sport.

As far as the comment about keeping a bonfire going, I think that is totally uncalled for. I couldn't agree with you more about comments like that. They serve no purpose.

But, I'm still waiting for my answer as to what the purpose is of the bonfire. (before the tragedy) I'm sure that future bonfires would serve as a memorial to those that lost their lives.

PPHSfan
02-15-2004, 09:02 PM
JasperDog,

You may be too young to know this, but Bonfires used to be a tradition even in most Texas Highschools. It was usually done the night before Homecoming and it brought out the whole commmunity. You can rest assured that Texas A&M does not hold the monopoly on bonfires.

<small>[ February 15, 2004, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

rholl
02-15-2004, 10:00 PM
but all things Aggy are envious of UT...that can't be denied!

Rabbit'93
02-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I thought the bonfire was A&M's burning desire to beat tha hell outta TU...whoooop!!

Sorry couldn't resist. I had a ton of friends that went to A&M. Personally I think they got some brainwashing goin on down there. It all starts at Fish Camp.

AggieJohn
02-15-2004, 11:01 PM
I think this whole threads direction can be summed up by the coined phrase at TAMU.

"From the outside looking in you can't understand it,
From the inside out you can't explain it."

BTHO T.U.

crabman
02-15-2004, 11:09 PM
Over the past hundred or so years driving to the bonfire was more dangerous than working on bonfire. The accident was one of the most horrible things to ever happen at A&M. I know it is an old and worn out saying but it says it better than anything. "From the inside looking out, you can't explain it. From the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Class of '82

crabman
02-15-2004, 11:10 PM
We were both on line at the exact same time thinking the exact same thing.

Murphy Lee
02-15-2004, 11:25 PM
JasperDog94:
Unfortunately, your comparing apples and oranges. The last time I checked having a bonfire does not constitute a sport.I figured that was about as good as your comparison on understanding cops without being one and understanding Aggies without being one. Maybe you should evaluate your posts before evaluating other's. You're the pot calling the kettle black.

I've tried my best to briefly describe what the bonfire signified to myself and to Aggies in general, but you were quick to cast your own opinion, so why waste my time? I said from the beginning you wouldn't understand, and you don't.

AggieJohn
02-15-2004, 11:31 PM
or i also like the phrase that

"People don't come to A&M to become aggies,
they come to perfect that Aggie that's already inside of them."

BTHO T.U.

JasperDog94
02-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Murphy Lee:

JasperDog94:
Unfortunately, your comparing apples and oranges. The last time I checked having a bonfire does not constitute a sport.I figured that was about as good as your comparison on understanding cops without being one and understanding Aggies without being one. Maybe you should evaluate your posts before evaluating other's. You're the pot calling the kettle black.

I've tried my best to briefly describe what the bonfire signified to myself and to Aggies in general, but you were quick to cast your own opinion, so why waste my time? I said from the beginning you wouldn't understand, and you don't.still not answering the question...

vfunk
02-17-2004, 06:56 PM
the part the people dont understand is how Aggies are so weak-minded to be brainwashed so easily.

AggieJohn
02-17-2004, 07:20 PM
i wouldn't say that it's weak minded i would say that's it compassion for a tradition and set way that things should be done

rholl
02-18-2004, 11:53 AM
A&M needs a new fight song!

JasperDog94
02-18-2004, 12:03 PM
rholl:
A&M needs a new fight song!That'll never happen. I would be curious if any DI school has changed their fight song in the past 50 years.

BTW - why?

rholl
02-18-2004, 01:09 PM
The fight song is about A&M envy of UT....I have Aggie friends say it seems really wierd to be singing about UT....while they are playing Kansas St or anyone besides UT. Thats why I say that.

JasperDog94
02-18-2004, 01:56 PM
rholl:
The fight song is about A&M envy of UT....I have Aggie friends say it seems really wierd to be singing about UT....while they are playing Kansas St or anyone besides UT. Thats why I say that.oh...I'm not surprised.

AggieJohn
02-18-2004, 09:45 PM
i think it's cool to think that the sake of whether you could consider yourself having a bad or good season is rested on a yearly preparation for one game......kind of makes the msytique and auora of the whole schmielle

AggieJohn
02-18-2004, 09:47 PM
i think it's cool to think that the sake of whether you could consider yourself having a bad or good season is rested on a yearly preparation for one game......kind of makes the msytique and auora of the whole schmielle