PDA

View Full Version : Don't Be Shocked But

Phil C
11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Dear Fellow 3A Downlow Members,

There are rumors going around that Texas is going to change its' head football coach soon and they are after TCU head coach Gary Patterson. I don't know when or if it will happen but you are now in on the scoop.

Sincerely,

Scoop Phil C

Deuce
11-28-2012, 12:27 PM
I heard Muschamp as well

Sville
11-28-2012, 12:37 PM
I heard Muschamp as well

I bet the buyout for an in conference coach would be big. In my opinion the next big time college coach is KK at TAMU.

BwdLions
11-28-2012, 12:41 PM
I really can't see Muschamp leaving Florida. They extended his contract prior to this year, and he is an SEC guy. Although he loved Austin and the thought of being the HC at Texas, he's not leaving Florida (especially after the year they've had). The Gators will be good for a while. Besides that, once Saban gets tired of Bama, and he will (he is always looking for the next challenge), the Gators will be on top again. The man is a good coach. I wish he was the HC at Texas right now, but Mack stayed around too long.

Matthew328
11-28-2012, 12:41 PM
If there's one job Patterson would leave for it'd be Texas, but I dont think Texas offers the job to him, plus can you imagine the train wreck the LHN would be with Patterson?? He's already surly with the media and very paranoid...lol

Also FWIW guys I trust close to the Texas program don't anticipate Brown leaving Texas this year

jacket98,99
11-28-2012, 12:47 PM
If there's one job Patterson would leave for it'd be Texas, but I dont think Texas offers the job to him, plus can you imagine the train wreck the LHN would be with Patterson?? He's already surly with the media and very paranoid...lol

I agree Matt. Patterson would piss too many people off that have gotten used to grandpa Mack.

ogg
11-28-2012, 01:14 PM

There are rumors going around that Texas is going to change its' head football coach soon and they are after TCU head coach Gary Patterson. I don't know when or if it will happen but you are now in on the scoop.

Sincerely,

Scoop Phil C

If the Horns lose to Kstate and their bowl game, Mack will be packing. Can't see Patterson leaving TCU and Muschamp loves Florida but then, , we're looking at alot of cash here.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/11/19/ncaa-college-football-head-coach-salary-database/1715543/

Matthew328
11-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Patterson makes a boat load of cash at TCU already he's #9 in the country...what people don't realize is because Patterson coaches at a private school his bonus and other things are not up for disclosure.....Patterson makes a LOT of money aside from his salary.....Texas has a lot of money also but to pry him away from TCU they are gonna have to over pay...the question is by how much

Sville
11-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Patterson makes a boat load of cash at TCU already he's #9 in the country...what people don't realize is because Patterson coaches at a private school his bonus and other things are not up for disclosure.....Patterson makes a LOT of money aside from his salary.....Texas has a lot of money also but to pry him away from TCU they are gonna have to over pay...the question is by how much

And also every HC contract I have heard of all have hefty in conference buyout penlaties. Texas is going to have to way over pay to pry an in conference coach away from another school. But when you have the largest endowment fund of any public university in the nation you can do those kind of things.

OldBison75
11-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Also remember that Patterson's contract was done when TCU was not in the Big 12. His contract may be written to discourage the buyout from the old conference but not updated for the Big 12. I heard this rumor a few days ago and find it hard to believe. However, you never know!!!

westcoast54
11-28-2012, 02:28 PM

Sincerely,

Scoop Phil C

I don't see this happening mainly because of Mrs. Patterson. Have heard she loves Ft. Worth and doesn't want to leave. Also, he just beat UT with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores playing. TCU is going to be good for a long time to come.

Matthew328
11-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Mrs. Patterson is a Ft. Worth native

jacket98,99
11-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Mrs. Patterson is a Ft. Worth native

Discussion over

Dogman_1969
11-28-2012, 04:13 PM
One of these 4 if it happens after this season.

Sonny Dykes - La Tech and looking to go bigger school
Art Briles - Baylor and another stepping stone
Mark Richt - Georgia could rule the big 12 without the LSU's, Bama everyyear
Nick Saban - Bama if they loose to Georgia in title game. Saban is ready to move on.........

LionFan72
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
I can see Mack packing his duties bag, but he ain't going far! too good of a recruiter. Have no idea of a replacement, but it will happen!

sinfan75
11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm a big Mack fan but I think he needs retire.

SintonFan
11-28-2012, 10:18 PM

Also FWIW guys I trust close to the Texas program don't anticipate Brown leaving Texas this year

I agee!

texanpride1250
11-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Texas is one of the top jobs in college football and with the resources at hand everybody is in play. I don't think there is a coach out there who would not at least take that phone call. Their is a short list of guys that have the resumé to step into that job though. My 1st call would be to Jim Harbaugh. Far fetched I know but that would be who I would go after. Muschamp would be 2nd followed closely by Saban. All of these would require virtually a blank check. That being said I don't know if any of them could be pryed away from their current job. Beyond them I would say the 2nd tier would include Patterson and Briles. I do think Mack seems to have lost the mojo that he had for so long and a change is in order but I am not for change just for change sake. You have to have a viable replacement in your back pocket before he "retires".