PDA

View Full Version : Region IV REGIONAL Co-GotW: El Campo(12-0) Vs. Ingleside(9-3)

Dogs_21
11-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Start up the talk!!!

Scoop27
11-24-2012, 11:45 AM
When and where is the game?

Bosqueville
11-24-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm afraid El Campo's lack of competition will not bode well come the semis.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Don't matter were they play this one. IS, season comes to an end here. And, that is no dis-respect. Great year ya'll have had. But, EC is head and shoulders above all other R4 teams, and maybe the state? All the hoopla about the Ricebirds "O" is nice, but--the "D" lead by #6 is something else. Better put 3 players on #6 and take your chances being out numbered. Kid is a BEAST.

I really see a shut out here, 50-0 Dirty Birds.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm afraid El Campo's lack of competition will not bode well come the semis.

EC will be prepared. Ya'll keep banging yourself up to get there.

Spanish Camp
11-24-2012, 12:10 PM
El Campo saw some good competition in predistrict and played in a district with some good talent and teams (Bellville, Sealy, Wharton). LaGrange ws a quality team.

However, I see where you stand. Not really anything EC can do about who they face. Somerset was definitly not up to facing EC's physical running game....not to mention the speed of the game.

SHSBulldog00
11-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Hot off the presses

El Campo vs. Ingleside Fri 11/30 - 7:30 pm @ Victoria Memorial

Spanish Camp
11-24-2012, 12:16 PM
I will add that everyone should remember that EC may not be your average south Texas playoff team. Keep in mind that EC played (and played extremely well) in a tough 4a district and played every year in the playoffs in the Houston region.

EC is used to lining up against quality opponents with size and speed. Hopefully that bodes well for the Birds.

SHSBulldog00
11-24-2012, 12:28 PM
A little more perspective on this matchup

El Campo and Sweeny used to be in the same 4A district and played often during non district. El Campo is big, physical and athletically talented.

Sounds a lot like Sweeny two years ago when we beat Ingleside 27-10 in our bi district game.

Not saying it will be similar but EC and Sweeny from 2010 are cut from the same mold. Ingleside better be ready to stop the run but watch out for the tall TE the Ricebirds have.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 12:32 PM
El campo by at least 30

Matthew328
11-24-2012, 12:48 PM
The two teams are flipping today....originally agreed to a neutral site in Victoria..but Ingleside backed out..Ingleside wants Thursday night in Floresville...El Campo will likely now choose a location closer to Houston

Spanish Camp
11-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Done deal. Victoria Friday night

Roughneck93
11-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Going with EC in this one.

Matthew328
11-24-2012, 01:13 PM
El Campo HC Bob Gillis needs to play the lottery today..won 2 flips today so El Campo-Inglside is now set Fri 7:30pm in Victoria

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 01:17 PM
El Campo HC Bob Gillis needs to play the lottery today..won 2 flips today so El Campo-Inglside is now set Fri 7:30pm in Victoria

This one could be played in Ingelside, wouldn't matter.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2012, 01:34 PM
All of the responses on here are to be expected. I for one understand the quality of a team Ingleside will face in El Campo. Understandably they are heavily favored and we are not. With that being said, Go MUSTANGS!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Don't matter were they play this one. IS, season comes to an end here. And, that is no dis-respect. Great year ya'll have had. But, EC is head and shoulders above all other R4 teams, and maybe the state? All the hoopla about the Ricebirds "O" is nice, but--the "D" lead by #6 is something else. Better put 3 players on #6 and take your chances being out numbered. Kid is a BEAST.

Wow not even 7 points huh. I think Ingleside can manage that and then some.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Nothing against IS, they are just totally out matched here. As, all of R4 teams have been and will be against EC IMO. EC would go deep in 4A playoffs.

raider red 2000
11-24-2012, 01:43 PM
I am going with EC in this one. Inglesides toughest teams they had on the schedule were 2a teams. And they beat a good George west team and gr hammered by Refugio. Sinton win isn't bad, but I don't think that the mustangs will be ready. EC by as much as they want. Game over by half time.

And I really do hate picking the rice birds.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2012, 02:31 PM
I am going with EC in this one. Inglesides toughest teams they had on the schedule were 2a teams. And they beat a good George west team and gr hammered by Refugio. Sinton win isn't bad, but I don't think that the mustangs will be ready. EC by as much as they want. Game over by half time.

Refugio was the toughest team on the schedule during regular season play, but the others were not better than Sinton and OG.

MustangFootball
11-24-2012, 02:53 PM
I think Ingleside will be tougher than what they have faced so far, I'm not saying they are gonna win this game but it won't be a cake walk either, last year Ingleside lost to a good Wharton team in the 1st round... A game that Ingleside led the whole way up until the last minute and a half when Ingleside was going into score and put the game out of reach and Wharton intercepted drove down and went for 2pts. Wharton had a very good team that came alive in the playoffs and never quit.....who went 3 rounds deep and gave a good Devine team fits..... Whartons defense was fast, and I'm not sure how this years Wharton team is compared to last years team but I don't see them being much different maybe a better record but mostly the same team, a Wharton team that played El Campo very close.
This game is about match up not who you beat or who beat you. I think Ingleside will surprise a lot of people, I'm not saying we will win but the Mustangs won't go down as easy as some might think.:1popcorn:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Nothing against IS, they are just totally out matched here. As, all of R4 teams have been and will be against EC IMO. EC would go deep in 4A playoffs.lol! So La Grange way better than Ingleside also? El Campo will face their best challenge in this round from Region 4. El Campo will win but Ingleside will do better job than La Grange did. Only thing i dont like about Ingleside in this matchup is the Mustangs are not big on the lines. Their speed might not help in this matchup on the line.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Wharton is better than last year and still couldn't beat EC.

Ingleside minus twins = not as good as last year.

Not trying to be rude, I just call it like I see it. This game shouldn't be close

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 02:59 PM
lol! So La Grange way better than Ingleside also? El Campo will face their best challenge in this round from Region 4. El Campo will win but Ingleside will do better than job than La Grange did. Only thing i dont like about Ingleside in this matchup is the Mustangs are not big on the lines. Their speed might not help in this matchup on the line.

Yes. LaGrange >>> Ingleside.

LG won the hardest district in region 4 and was probably the 2nd best team in the entire region. Too bad they had to play the best team in the region in bidistrict

raider red 2000
11-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Refugio was the toughest team on the schedule during regular season play, but the others were not better than Sinton and OG.
OG was a loss. Sinton- lol.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2012, 03:03 PM

LG won the hardest district in region 4 and was probably the 2nd best team in the entire region. Too bad they had to play the best team in the region in bidistrictGot beat by Cuero, Cuero beat Ingleside in the last seconds of the game. a Moot point now, just have to wait til this game is played.

MustangFootball
11-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Kind of like being the underdogs, I can't say we've been the underdogs in many games, but I'll take it.....we are expected to lose so that's a plus already.

Go Mustangs!!!!!

Dogs_21
11-24-2012, 03:18 PM
I just don't see Ingleside playing with El Campo. El Campo will be too big and fast for them and you really can't compare last year stuff to this year, it's a whole new year. Stephenville and Carthage better stop looking down on the Ricebirds also because they will give them both all they can handle in my opinion. Also if you want to bring up last year El Campo should have beat 5A Manvel if it wasn't for a last drive fumble on the goal line then Manvel gave Aledo all they wanted in the Championship game last year. I understand homers going for the Stangs, you have to go for your team. BUT I'm not a homer to either and I say the CAMP by 28!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-24-2012, 03:23 PM
OG was a loss. Sinton- lol.

I found your statement comical just as much as you found mine.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2012, 03:23 PM
I just don't see Ingleside playing with El Campo. El Campo will be too big and fast for them and you really can't compare last year stuff to this year, it's a whole new year. Stephenville and Carthage better stop looking down on the Ricebirds also because they will give them both all they can handle in my opinion. Also if you want to bring up last year El Campo should have beat 5A Manvel if it wasn't for a last drive fumble on the goal line then Manvel gave Aledo all they wanted in the Championship game last year. I understand homers going for the Stangs, you have to go for your team. BUT I'm not a homer to either and I say the CAMP by 28!!!!28 is reasonable but 50 points to 0 is hilarious and comments by as much as they want? Ingleside has some speed also is the size that is a big advantage for El Campo. Glad its in Victoria i plan on seeing this game.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Kind of like being the underdogs, I can't say we've been the underdogs in many games, but I'll take it.....we are expected to lose so that's a plus already.

Go Mustangs!!!!!

Everyone that has faced El Campo up to this point has been expected to lose so there really is nothing new. If you ask me there really shouldn't be any pressure on Ingleside. Just go out and do what you have been doing.

Dogs_21
11-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Everyone that has faced El Campo up to this point has been expected to lose so there really is nothing new. If you ask me there really shouldn't be any pressure on Ingleside. Just go out and do what you have been doing.

not trying to be funny but everyone that has played them has loss....

MustangFootball
11-24-2012, 03:32 PM

That's all I'm saying is Ingleside is expected to lose, so they have nothing to lose and alot to prove.....Ingleside is a good team, how much better is El Campo will be determined on the field.

99IHSMustang
11-24-2012, 03:33 PM
not trying to be funny but everyone that has played them has loss....

Neither was I. All it takes is a great team to have a bad game and all of a sudden the underdog keeps it close. Ingleside is going to have to force turnovers and El Campo is going to have to make mistakes for it to be a close game.

MustangFootball
11-24-2012, 03:42 PM

Ingleside has held some pretty go running backs in check, yes Ingleside got hammered by Refugio In the first game of the season, and it was Refugio passing game that beat Ingleside, but Ingleside did hold Refugio running back to way below his average, I'm not saying y'alls running back is anywhere near El Campo running back, but never the less he had well under 100 yards maybe under 50 and they fed him the ball all night.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 03:48 PM
El Campo wins this one. Best in state in 3a or 4a? Nah

Too much of a one definitional offense.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 04:00 PM
I just don't see Ingleside playing with El Campo. El Campo will be too big and fast for them and you really can't compare last year stuff to this year, it's a whole new year. Stephenville and Carthage better stop looking down on the Ricebirds also because they will give them both all they can handle in my opinion. Also if you want to bring up last year El Campo should have beat 5A Manvel if it wasn't for a last drive fumble on the goal line then Manvel gave Aledo all they wanted in the Championship game last year. I understand homers going for the Stangs, you have to go for your team. BUT I'm not a homer to either and I say the CAMP by 28!!!!

What does El Campo bring to a game that would challenge Carthage or Stephenville or even Abilene Wylie if and that's a big IF they were to beat Stephenville this week?

raider red 2000
11-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Ingleside has held some pretty go running backs in check, yes Ingleside got hammered by Refugio In the first game of the season, and it was Refugio passing game that beat Ingleside, but Ingleside did hold Refugio running back to way below his average, I'm not saying y'alls running back is anywhere near El Campo running back, but never the less he had well under 100 yards maybe under 50 and they fed him the ball all night.
IHS did have great run defense that night. I change my vote to ingleside now. Based on EC won't pass the ball. Go Mustangs.

Football fan
11-24-2012, 04:05 PM
El Campo will roll over Ingleside.

The lack of competition is mostly in the playoffs. El Campo had a solid district and beat a Foster team that was 2nd in a district with Angleton and Terry.

Dogs_21
11-24-2012, 04:09 PM
What does El Campo bring to a game that would challenge Carthage or Stephenville or even Abilene Wylie if and that's a big IF they were to beat Stephenville this week?

Not saying they are going to beat either of these teams but they are not your typical R4 team they have always had a good program in R3 4A. I guess you just have to play them to see what I'm talking about. These guys play with the best of them even when they are suppose to lose. Well disciplined program year in year out. All I'm saying is you have to respect them and I bet even others from this area will agree with that. I didn't hear anything from Carthage into they hit 3A to be honest.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 04:09 PM
IHS did have great run defense that night. I change my vote to ingleside now. Based on EC won't pass the ball. Go Mustangs.

If El Campo can't pass, they won't fare well against a Stephenville or Abilene Wylie type of team at all if they get past Carthage/Silsbee winner.

Dogs_21
11-24-2012, 04:11 PM
El Campo will roll over Ingleside.

The lack of competition is mostly in the playoffs. El Campo had a solid district and beat a Foster team that was 2nd in a district with Angleton and Terry.

That is a tough 4A district!

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Got beat by Cuero, Cuero beat Ingleside in the last seconds of the game. a Moot point now, just have to wait til this game is played.

Meaningless game for LG. they already had their playoff spot sewed up. Cuero on the other hand was fighting for their season.

Don't put much stock in that. LG was a beast this year, just an unfortunate matchup for them in the first round.

MustangFootball
11-24-2012, 04:13 PM

If Ingleside can keep this competitive I will be satisfied, I understand we are the underdogs...Ingleside really wasn't expected to do much after losing so much to graduation last year and the sad thing is we are losing a lot more to graduation this year...Ingleside has ready done more than expected this season so if we lose to a really good El Campo team that will be just fine, but the Mustangs won't lay down for no-one they will fight till the very last play.:twitch:

Dogs_21
11-24-2012, 04:15 PM
If Ingleside can keep this competitive I will be satisfied, I understand we are the underdogs...Ingleside really wasn't expected to do much after losing so much to graduation last year and the sad thing is we are losing a lot more to graduation this year...Ingleside has ready done more than expected this season so if we lose to a really good El Campo team that will be just fine, but the Mustangs won't lay down for no-one they will fight till the very last play.:twitch:

And that's all that matters! Plus you still have to play the game! Good Luck to you STANGS!

raider red 2000
11-24-2012, 04:24 PM
I really will cheer for the mustangs.

As far as EC not passing, I don't know why they won't. Their qb has a live arm. Just don't work on it.

speedbump
11-24-2012, 05:47 PM

LG won the hardest district in region 4 and was probably the 2nd best team in the entire region. Too bad they had to play the best team in the region in bidistrict

D-25 swept D-26 in the playoffs and Sealy sat home. LG would have been in a dog fight to even make the playoffs in 25.

speedbump
11-24-2012, 05:51 PM
I really will cheer for the mustangs.

As far as EC not passing, I don't know why they won't. Their qb has a live arm. Just don't work on it.

If EC started passing 20 times a game they would put up numbers like Refugio. They will pass when they have to and somebody in the semis or finals is going to see a different team than they got ready for.

Spanish Camp
11-24-2012, 06:05 PM
If EC started passing 20 times a game they would put up numbers like Refugio. They will pass when they have to and somebody in the semis or finals is going to see a different team than they got ready for.

One of the reasons EC is good year-in and year- out is because they know what they do an do it well. They don't grab bag an offense every week & Gillis is patient in his play calling....something that is lost on 90% of today's coaches

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 06:06 PM
D-25 swept D-26 in the playoffs and Sealy sat home. LG would have been in a dog fight to even make the playoffs in 25.

Let me rephrase... They won the 2nd hardest district in reg 4.

They're still better than everyone in reg 4 besides EC.

garza0
11-24-2012, 06:25 PM

Not trying to be rude, I just call it like I see it. This game shouldn't be close

Ingleside is better without the twins, its easy to cover 2 wrs, can they cover 4 wrs? Were loaded at the wr position.

Scoop27
11-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Division I is very weak compared to Division II

speedbump
11-24-2012, 06:37 PM
One of the reasons EC is good year-in and year- out is because they know what they do an do it well. They don't grab bag an offense every week & Gillis is patient in his play calling....something that is lost on 90% of today's coaches

Yea, Gillis definitely has the right formula. I think he knows he may have to throw some when they get out of region 4 and catch a really good run D. I'm sure he'll be ready if it comes to that. But if they can pound it like they did in the second half against Manvel they may never throw.

speedbump
11-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Division I is very weak compared to Division II

Yea right. Stephenville, Kilgore, Carthage, Abilene Wiley and EC are pretty weak. LOL

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 06:47 PM
scoop, your something else. Get over being fired from the EC paper back in the day.

Scoop27
11-24-2012, 08:16 PM
I was not fired from the El Campo paper-I was never a salaried employee for the Leader-News-I covered Louise sports the past two years.
I was laid off the Wharton Journal-Spectator in 2009 when the paper was bought out by Hartman Newspapers

raider red 2000
11-24-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't know about refugio numbers, refugio is in the perfect storm of good coaches, good athletes, and a rotten district.

Gillis does a great job. He does things the right way. I have a lot of respect for the EC program.

raider red 2000
11-24-2012, 10:20 PM
scoop, your something else. Get over being fired from the EC paper back in the day.

That was pretty jerky.

Scoop27
11-24-2012, 11:53 PM
This game won't be close-Ricebirds will roll easy

Manso/V8
11-25-2012, 12:33 AM
Let me rephrase... They won the 2nd hardest district in reg 4.

They're still better than everyone in reg 4 besides EC.

La Grange got a tough draw for sure, EC is a cut above the rest of R4, but remember La Grange beat Gonzales, Smithville, and Yoakum by one point, and then lost to Cuero 21-13...........and Bellville beat Cuero 34-13 last week.

With all due respect to the Leps, that is not a record that says that were clear cut better than everyone in R4 besides EC.

Football fan
11-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Got beat by Cuero, Cuero beat Ingleside in the last seconds of the game. a Moot point now, just have to wait til this game is played.

Somerset beat Cuero 38-17.

Cuero beat Ingleside 21-14.

El Campo beat Somerset 51-14.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Somerset beat Cuero 38-17.

Cuero beat Ingleside 21-14.

El Campo beat Somerset 51-14.Cuero beat Wharton by a point and El Campo beat Wharton by 7 points....

Beeville beat Cuero 35-20, Ingleside beat Beeville 34-21.....

Football fan
11-25-2012, 08:53 AM
Cuero beat Wharton by a point and El Campo beat Wharton by 7 points....

Beeville beat Cuero 35-20, Ingleside beat Beeville 34-21.....

Recognize this list?:

1. La Grange
2. Gonzales
3. El Campo
4. Pleasanton
5. Devine
6. Giddngs
7. Bellville
8. Wharton
9. Wimberley
10. Sealy

raider red 2000
11-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Recognize this list?:

1. La Grange
2. Gonzales
3. El Campo
4. Pleasanton
5. Devine
6. Giddngs
7. Bellville
8. Wharton
9. Wimberley
10. Sealy

No what is it?

Football fan
11-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Sinton fans' Week 9 rankings.

Shows what he knows about EC and the rest of the Region for that matter.

hollywood
11-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Can El Campo pass? Effectively?

Football fan
11-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Can El Campo pass? Effectively?

Certainly a question mark. Potential is there, but they haven't really had to.

They have only had 2 single digit wins and they didn't need to pass to win either of those.

I assume we will find out when they play Carthage.

99IHSMustang
11-25-2012, 12:16 PM

You take rankings pretty seriously huh? I guess that is why the game is not played on paper. There have been already some upsets during the playoffs. I guess for some it is unimaginable that they could lose in the 3rd round to an underdog. Boy, if Ingleside wins I can't wait to hear the excuses.

MustangFootball
11-25-2012, 12:38 PM

These polls are just anybody best guess, mostly picked on records at the time....many people had Giddings, Gonzales and Devine up there and Giddings and Gonzales didn't even make the playoffs, and Devine shouldn't have after getting hammered 49-0 in the first round by OG. It's all about match ups bottom line.

Dogs_21
11-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I can't wait to Friday it's a lot of great games this weekend!

hookandladder
11-26-2012, 07:44 AM
El Campo by 3 or 4 Td's , that may be closer then what the final score will be.

Football fan
11-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Interesting. There are posts on this thread that are attributed to me that I didn't make.

MUSTANG69
11-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Interesting. There are posts on this thread that are attributed to me that I didn't make.

You are the one that questioned Sinton Fan's knowledge of Reg IV based on an earlier ranking list. Please post your previous rankings for this season. I'm just waiting to see "perfection".

hollywood
11-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Certainly a question mark. Potential is there, but they haven't really had to.

They have only had 2 single digit wins and they didn't need to pass to win either of those.

I assume we will find out when they play Carthage.

Thanks. Yes, Carthage will be a challenge for sure. Well balanced offense and a stout defense that's strong against the run. They have a huge DL.. not sure of his name, but he is scary good.

Football fan
11-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Isaiah Golden

hollywood
11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Isaiah Golden

Yes, him. Unbelievable!

db1980
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Yes, him. Unbelievable!

Golden isnt the only one you have to worry about on their DL either. Their LB crew is pretty awesome too. They have a soph DB that has around 10 int's as well.

MUSTANG69
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
The two teams are flipping today....originally agreed to a neutral site in Victoria..but Ingleside backed out..Ingleside wants Thursday night in Floresville...El Campo will likely now choose a location closer to Houston

Coach Hesseltine may have wanted Thursday because of grades. Not sure when they come out but I keep hearing one of our linebackers will not make the cut on grades for this game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Recognize this list?:

1. La Grange
2. Gonzales
3. El Campo
4. Pleasanton
5. Devine
6. Giddngs
7. Bellville
8. Wharton
9. Wimberley
10. SealyLOL!! That was my first top 10 list of the season and went by how the teams were playing at that time and also noted Pleasanton was just because they were unbeaten. Havent check to see if anybody had atleast 3 teams in their top 10 that are still left as i dont have time right now.

MUSTANG69
11-26-2012, 03:29 PM

Don't discount Ingleside's passing game. The passing game was inconsistent at the beginning of the year because of inexperienced receivers. It has improved each week. The Mustangs also have some very speedy receivers who can take it to the house. The Mustangs may have more speed than El Campo has seen all year.

I am not saying Ingleside is going to win because of this but they may score more points than some posters think. They will have to play a near perfect game or El Campo will have to have a disastrous night for the Mustangs to win.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Don't discount Ingleside's passing game. The passing game was inconsistent at the beginning of the year because of inexperienced receivers. It has improved each week. The Mustangs also have some very speedy receivers who can take it to the house. The Mustangs may have more speed than El Campo has seen all year.

I am not saying Ingleside is going to win because of this but they may score more points than some posters think. They will have to play a near perfect game or El Campo will have to have a disastrous night for the Mustangs to win.They don't realize Mustangs have some speed.

Manso/V8
11-26-2012, 03:42 PM
They don't realize Mustangs have some speed.

The Mustangs may have speed, but I doubt they have more speed than EC has seen all year.
EC played a decent 4a schedule pre-district, and then played Bellville, Wharton, and Sealy in district.

So, tell us about the Mustangs' speed, maybe it is better than what EC has seen.

99IHSMustang
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
The Mustangs may have speed, but I doubt they have more speed than EC has seen all year.
EC played a decent 4a schedule pre-district, and then played Bellville, Wharton, and Sealy in district.

So, tell us about the Mustangs' speed, maybe it is better than what EC has seen.

Their may be some other Ingleside posters that can give more accurate information and there take, but the speed burners on the offensive side of the ball have IMO to be the RB Marquis, WR Skylar Sugart, WR Jordin Stone, WR Terrance Robninson, WR Justin Britt. The QB Barajas can sling the ball with great accuracy and any one of these guys can take it to the house. The RB Marquis is truly fun to watch. He can take a lick and spin off and continue to run for huge yards. I wish he were about 6"1 and weighed around 200 because he would be D1 material for sure, but he is getting some D3 looks.

MUSTANG69
11-26-2012, 04:19 PM

RB Marquise Barolle (5'3" 150 lbs) has great accelleration and is a very sure-handed receiver. He is very fun to watch because he is one of those kids that can spin, roll and jump his way out of tackles. Terrance Robinson is always a long ball threat. He is a tall kid and has great speed down field. Skyler Shugart and Jordan Stone are very quick and get a lot of the short and medium range passes. If any of these 4 get past the defense you probably will not catch up to them until they get to the end zone.

This is not a brag. I'm just trying to answer your question. I think some teams have underestimated the Mustangs' speed this year and have paid the price. I am sure the El Campo coaching staff is very aware of this and will not make that mistake.

YTBulldogs
11-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Lord, hate to see EC's big, very quick DE (6'7") kid #6 get a hold of that 5'3" RB. :vrycnfsd: He might run through his legs.:eek:

99IHSMustang
11-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Lord, hate to see EC's big, very quick DE (6'7") kid #6 get a hold of that 5'3" RB. :vrycnfsd: He might run through his legs.:eek:

He probably would... :eek:

Matthew328
11-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Ingleside has had a nice run but its comes to a screeching halt this week.

YTBulldogs
11-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Ingleside has had a nice run but its comes to a screeching halt this week.

Concur, and IS has nothing to hang their heads about. Great season. EC is just powerful in 3A. Depth, size, speed, line play, LB'ers, secondary, awesome running attack, and I'm sure they can chunk it too, if forced in that situation later in the playoff's. I could go on and on about the Birds.

SintonFan
11-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Really? No chance???
At all????
Might as well call the game now to save the embarrassment. :tisk:

99IHSMustang
11-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Really? No chance???
At all????
Might as well call the game now to save the embarrassment. :tisk:

Nope no chance, but I think I will be attending just in case. ;)

SintonFan
11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Nope no chance, but I think I will be attending just in case. ;)

jus' sayin'

And

Go Mustangs!!!! Beat the he!! out of them!!!! :)
that felt good

Dogs_21
11-26-2012, 07:59 PM

I am not saying Ingleside is going to win because of this but they may score more points than some posters think. They will have to play a near perfect game or El Campo will have to have a disastrous night for the Mustangs to win.

Not so FAST my friend! I can't agree with you on this statement.

MustangFootball
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Has El Campo faced many spread teams this year? I seen their schedule but I'm not to familiar with the styles they faced the teams I know they faced we're primarily running teams but not sure who the passing teams were? I know some teams did well throwing the ball? But not sure they were true spread teams, Ingleside is a spread team but they do run the ball well , just depending what's working that night. Under coach Hesseltine they have been pretty balanced over the years,Can wait for this game.:1popcorn:

GO MUSTANGS!!!!!:nerd:

Football fan
11-26-2012, 08:17 PM
El Campo can be passed on if your line can give your QB time. Hasn't happened often.

MustangFootball
11-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Inglesides line is a bit under sized but have done fairly well this year, Ingleside will need to play there best game friday night.

Spanish Camp
11-27-2012, 07:48 AM
I have seen it mentioned that Ingleside spreads people out. Are they a team that spreads you out to throw it or a team that spreads you out to run it?

Can their QB get it done in the passing game?

Any dominant receivers or big play guys?

Any speed?

hookandladder
11-27-2012, 08:22 AM
El Campo can be passed on if your line can give your QB time. Hasn't happened often.

Yes El Campo can be passed on however you have to have an OL to handle their DL, that is not going to happen in this game. El Campo by a lot, EC plays at a differnet level then Ingleside.

pancho villa
11-27-2012, 09:26 AM
The Ricebirds will steal the Mustangs women and eat their first born children. They might be better off not showing up!

Dowork
11-27-2012, 10:07 AM
El campo by as many points as they want to put on the board.one of the most physical if not the most physical 3 a teams in the state. They go through the motions sometimes but turn it on when the need to cause they are more dominant than anyone they play.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 10:09 AM
:iagree:

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Yes El Campo can be passed on however you have to have an OL to handle their DL, that is not going to happen in this game. El Campo by a lot, EC plays at a differnet level then Ingleside.

They have played on a different level than every team they have faced in the playoffs including La Grange. I can say the same thing about Ingleside. They crushed Carrizo Springs and dominated Kingsville, but make no mistake I agree that EC is on a different level as well.

pancho villa
11-27-2012, 10:20 AM
They have played on a defferent level than every team they have faced in the playoffs including La Grange. I can say the same thing about Ingleside. They crushed Carrizo Springs and dominated Kingsville, but make no mistake I agree that EC is on a different level as well.

Yeah! The they know how to block and tackle level.

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 10:22 AM
yeah! The they know how to block and tackle level.

lmao

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 10:25 AM
They have played on a defferent level than every team they have faced in the playoffs including La Grange. I can say the same thing about Ingleside. They crushed Carrizo Springs and dominated Kingsville, but make no mistake I agree that EC is on a different level as well.

LaGrange really played with EC if you seen that game. Booboo's gave EC 21 of 28 quick points in the 1st quarter, and after that, LG out played them. But, that's football. LG would beat IS by 4 or 5 TD's IMO. That week 10 Smithville win over Gonzales killed a LG team going to state IMO.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=160766&TeamID=570&SearchType=Teams

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah! The they know how to block and tackle level.

:thmbdwn:

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 10:27 AM
LaGrange really played with EC if you seen that game. Booboo's gave EC 21 of 28 quick points in the 1st quarter, and after that, LG out played them. But, that's football. LG would beat IS by 4 or 5 TD's IMO.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=160766&TeamID=570&SearchType=Teams

You are right that is football. Notthing matters but the final score. Excuses are like a--holes, everybody has one. :D

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 10:30 AM
You are right that is football. Notthing matters but the final score. Excuses are like a--holes, everybody has one. :D

No excuses, it is what it is. I was just pointing out week 10 killed LG and placed them in D1 playoffs and opening round against EC.

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm thinking this could be another Ingleside vs. Robinson match-up :eek:

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm thinking this could be another Ingleside vs. Robinson match-up :eek:

You may get to cross that off your Christmas wish list after Friday.

whitelightning5
11-27-2012, 12:09 PM
I'll take EC by 3 TDs.

hookandladder
11-27-2012, 12:13 PM

You will get to cross that off your wish list after your game with EC , EC will be playing come next week in round 4.

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 12:20 PM
You will get to cross that off your wish list after your game with EC , EC will be playing come next week in round 4.

So what you are saying is that we will be playing thump, thump after this Friday just like everyone else that has faced EC?... Got it. That sounds pretty logical since they are undefeated.

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 12:22 PM

LOL I would never put anything associated with Ingleside on my Christmas wish list :spitlol:

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 12:24 PM
LOL I would never put anything associated with Ingleside on my Christmas wish list :spitlol:

Cmon now we all know that you have an unhealthy fascination with Ingleside. ;)

whitelightning5
11-27-2012, 12:24 PM

Agreed.

If Bellville wouldnt have been battling injuries to key starters, the game may have been closer. That said, EC still controlled the clock the entire game. Too much size for Bellville to deal with and EC would have still won.

MUSTANG69
11-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know who is home and who is visitor?

bird_fan
11-27-2012, 01:25 PM
El Campo will use thier running game to keep ingleside speed on offense off the field. Against Somerset EC scored on a lot of long runs if inglesinde also has speed om defence them expect long time consuming drives to be EC goal. Wear them down use thier deoth dont let Inglesides offense get going and get utracked and the Ricebirds win. Bob Gillis is know for getting thee most fronm the talent he has

Bull's-eye
11-27-2012, 01:40 PM
EC by 3 or more TD'S!

big daddy russ
11-27-2012, 02:14 PM
El Campo will use thier running game to keep ingleside speed on offense off the field. Against Somerset EC scored on a lot of long runs if inglesinde also has speed om defence them expect long time consuming drives to be EC goal. Wear them down use thier deoth dont let Inglesides offense get going and get utracked and the Ricebirds win. Bob Gillis is know for getting thee most fronm the talent he has

From what I've been told, he has plenty of talent to work with.

I may try to make it down to Victoria on Friday. Are you going to be there, IHS?

hookandladder
11-27-2012, 02:25 PM
So what you are saying is that we will be playing thump, thump after this Friday just like everyone else that has faced EC?... Got it. That sounds pretty logical since they are undefeated.

Yes , you are correct. Not knocking your team just feel EC will win this Region, hands down.

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
From what I've been told, he has plenty of talent to work with.

I may try to make it down to Victoria on Friday. Are you going to be there, IHS?

My cousin and I plan on attending.

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Cmon now we all know that you have an unhealthy fascination with Ingleside. ;)

ewwwww not even (flash back to the 80s)

SintonFan
11-27-2012, 07:10 PM
ewwwww not even (flash back to the 80s)

Once... in the 80's.... I went to a party with some pretty Ingleside girls. :)
(take that Phil! lol)
Wait. it might have been AP or Portland. :doh:
No, it was Ingleside.

Ok! OK! Yall kick some ash and take names Mustangs! Represent the 30!!!!!!

Weebe
11-27-2012, 08:37 PM
LaGrange really played with EC if you seen that game. Booboo's gave EC 21 of 28 quick points in the 1st quarter, and after that, LG out played them. But, that's football. LG would beat IS by 4 or 5 TD's IMO. That week 10 Smithville win over Gonzales killed a LG team going to state IMO.

Actually, LG's 1st quarter and EC's 3rd quarter were very similar.

Both had two turnovers. LG had a stupid 4th down fake punt call in which they turned it over on downs and EC failed to recover a LG onside kick.

Difference was, EC was able to capitalize on all LG's mistakes whereas LG didn't do so on all EC's.

4th quarter was a wash with EC just trying to run clock.

EC only threw 4 passes the whole game.

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 09:21 PM
(take that Phil! lol)
No, it was Ingleside.

Heck yesss!!!!

MustangFootball
11-27-2012, 09:52 PM
I keep hearing Ingleside isn't gonna be at full strength for this game due to key players not making the grades, :( not sure how much is true. If this is the case Ingleside will be in bad shape, if ever they needed all their players it would be for this game..... Go Luck Stangs!!!

99IHSMustang
11-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I keep hearing Ingleside isn't gonna be at full strength for this game due to key players not making the grades, :( not sure how much is true. If this is the case Ingleside will be in bad shape, if ever they needed all their players it would be for this game..... Go Luck Stangs!!!

oh boy. Time for someone else to step up.

Yoe_09
11-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Thoughts & Predictions?

MUSTANG69
11-28-2012, 08:42 AM

I'm pretty sure you heard right and it is very bad news if true.

pancho villa
11-28-2012, 09:01 AM
(take that Phil! lol)
No, it was Ingleside.

You must have been $#!%faced drunk! There are no pretty girls in Ingleside Texas!!!!!!!

SintonFan
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM
You must have been $#!%faced drunk! There are no pretty girls in Ingleside Texas!!!!!!!

I was 17 so no, there is NO POSSIBILTY I was drunk!

pancho villa
11-28-2012, 11:43 AM
I was 17 so no, there is NO POSSIBILTY I was drunk!

High?

hollywood
11-28-2012, 12:12 PM
A few pretty girls in AP.. but none in Ingleside? :vrycnfsd:

whitelightning5
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM

I don't think that it matters much. Ricebirds win regardless.

99IHSMustang
11-28-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't think that it matters much. Ricebirds win regardless.

:thmbdwn: :thmbdwn:

garza0
11-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Ingleside 42 El Campo 35
:D

Weebe
11-28-2012, 06:08 PM

What position(s)?

MustangFootball
11-28-2012, 07:48 PM
What position(s)?

Our best linebacker and the heart of our defense, along with other parts of our defense, 5 starters from what I hear.

Weebe
11-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Our best linebacker and the heart of our defense, along with other parts of our defense, 5 starters from what I hear.

Sorry to hear that. Every team deserves to have their best players out there this time of year.

Roughneck93
11-28-2012, 09:27 PM

Yikes! :eek:

SintonFan
11-28-2012, 10:15 PM
High?

Really? really? No... not high.

MustangFootball
11-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. Every team deserves to have their best players out there this time of year.

If its true which I keep hearing it is, its gonna be tough friday night...but you wouldn't know that talking to the kids, they still believe they can win this game.:nerd:

99IHSMustang
11-28-2012, 11:59 PM
If its true which I keep hearing it is, its gonna be tough friday night...but you wouldn't know that talking to the kids, they still believe they can win this game.:nerd:

It is a team effort and if those that failed didn't make the grades because they didn't try hard enough, then that is on them.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2012, 08:37 AM

Lord, if IS lost 5 starters due to grades for this Friday nights big game, I find it hard to believe. I would think the coach would have made sure these kid's had their academic's in order. Do they not get a weekly grade sheet/teacher report on the athletes? If failing, skip workouts and get caught up. Amazing.:doh:

How many of these starters are seniors? If any, something for sure is wrong.

MUSTANG69
11-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Lord, if IS lost 5 starters due to grades for this Friday nights big game, I find it hard to believe. I would think the coach would have made sure these kid's had their academic's in order. Do they not get a weekly grade sheet/teacher report on the athletes? If failing, skip workouts and get caught up. Amazing.:doh:

How many of these starters are seniors? If any, something for sure is wrong.

These students knew that thy were in jeopardy but still did not make the effort. They have let down the team but mostly they have let themselves down. I have personnally seen the way the parents of one these players acts at the games. It doesn't surprise me at all that he has no self esteem.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2012, 08:48 AM
These students knew that thy were in jeopardy but still did not make the effort. They have let down the team but mostly they have let themselves down. I have personnally seen the way the parents of one these players acts at the games. It doesn't surprise me at all that he has no self esteem.

Down right shame. I'll put some of the blame on the coach. Especially if 5 starters are out. One I can see, but five? Any of these seniors?

99IHSMustang
11-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Down right shame. I'll put some of the blame on the coach. Especially if 5 starters are out. One I can see, but five? Any of these seniors?

All I will say is this, a coach or teacher cannot force a student to pass or get a tutor if necessary. If a student doesn't care then he/she doesn't care. Responsibility of a student passing is first and foremost the students then followed by the parents.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
All I will say is this, a coach or teacher cannot force a student to pass or get a tutor if necessary. If a student doesn't care then he/she doesn't care. Responsibility of a student passing is first and foremost the students then followed by the parents.
I agree, but--he can remove player from team till passing. He had to have weekly updates from athletes status prior to grades coming out. Least I hope so to help try and prevent this issue.

MUSTANG69
11-29-2012, 09:38 AM
I agree, but--he can remove player from team till passing. He had to have weekly updates from athletes status prior to grades coming out. Least I hope so to help try and prevent this issue.

It is my understanding that Coach Hesseltine is very supportive of the teachers. It is as 99IHS says, the blame goes to the players and parents. The teachers and coaches should not have to be babysitters.

cboycansurvive
11-29-2012, 09:45 AM

The coaches did everything they could have done in this situation. They did grade checks, they emailed teachers, they conducted team tutorials after practice, they had coaches divide into subject areas to help the kids, etc. What it came down to was two teachers. One was a math teacher who claimed three of them and just plain and simple refused to help out. He has been in the district forever who is a retire/rehire and has lost interest in the kids. He is only there to collect a check. The other Social Studies teacher has a personal vendetta against the coach and the kid that he failed. It stems back to a situation from last year where some of the former coaches who were from the community were reassigned. The two teachers in question told other faculty memebers that they would make sure not to help out the football team this year since they had a difference of opinion with the head coach. It is a real shame because it is only hurting the kids- those playing and those not playing. It is a bad situation especially at this point in the game when everyone from the community should be behind this team. It is almost unheard of and at most places that are rich in tradition that Ingleside is becoming- these teachers would be let go. The kids in question went to these teachers every day for the last two to three weeks of the six weeks asking to do anything they could to get their grade up and coaches went to the teachers as well only to get a cold shoulder.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2012, 11:14 AM
The coaches did everything they could have done in this situation. They did grade checks, they emailed teachers, they conducted team tutorials after practice, they had coaches divide into subject areas to help the kids, etc. What it came down to was two teachers. One was a math teacher who claimed three of them and just plain and simple refused to help out. He has been in the district forever who is a retire/rehire and has lost interest in the kids. He is only there to collect a check. The other Social Studies teacher has a personal vendetta against the coach and the kid that he failed. It stems back to a situation from last year where some of the former coaches who were from the community were reassigned. The two teachers in question told other faculty memebers that they would make sure not to help out the football team this year since they had a difference of opinion with the head coach. It is a real shame because it is only hurting the kids- those playing and those not playing. It is a bad situation especially at this point in the game when everyone from the community should be behind this team. It is almost unheard of and at most places that are rich in tradition that Ingleside is becoming- these teachers would be let go. The kids in question went to these teachers every day for the last two to three weeks of the six weeks asking to do anything they could to get their grade up and coaches went to the teachers as well only to get a cold shoulder.

If this is true then.... :dispntd:

pancho villa
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Must be all that good upbringing from them trashy Ingleside women.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Must be all that good upbringing from them trashy Ingleside women.

ok I will bite. Your momma is trashy.

pancho villa
11-29-2012, 12:21 PM
ok I will bite. Your momma is trashy.

I know she is, cause she is from Ingleside.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I know she is, cause she is from Ingleside.

oh snap!! your momma must be proud.

pancho villa
11-29-2012, 01:17 PM
oh snap!! your momma must be proud.

She is because I have all my teeth.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2012, 01:52 PM
only one party to blame, the kid. Seems the coaches setup everything they could do.

Corn Cob
11-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Thoughts & Predictions?
El Campo by however much they want. This will be a blowout. Oh, and Orange Grove gets it handed to them too. If that whole district was 100 miles north, there ain't none of those teams would make the playoffs.

whitelightning5
11-29-2012, 05:01 PM
El Campo by however much they want. This will be a blowout. Oh, and Orange Grove gets it handed to them too. If that whole district was 100 miles north, there ain't none of those teams would make the playoffs.

It seems that the starting QB for Orange Grove has an ACL tear.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2012, 05:14 PM

But our district isnt 100 miles North so get over it.

YTBulldogs
11-29-2012, 05:18 PM
It is my understanding that Coach Hesseltine is very supportive of the teachers. It is as 99IHS says, the blame goes to the players and parents. The teachers and coaches should not have to be babysitters.

I agree here too, but--today, coaches must babysit. Yes, it's a pain in the butt and very time consuming. Got that first hand today from our AD. And, according to the reports I hear, the coach did try, and did have weekly grade checks in place. But, had a turd of a couple teachers with personal issues against him. Hopefully, the ISD will rid that cancer from the school, or place them in a elementary school? Damn shame for the IS team. Sounds like someone was going to make sure someone failed here regardless, just cause he/she had a personal issue.

Good luck IS, so sorry you have to endure this garbage.

MUSTANG69
11-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I agree here too, but--today, coaches must babysit. Yes, it's a pain in the butt and very time consuming. Got that first hand today from our AD. And, according to the reports I hear, the coach did try, and did have weekly grade checks in place. But, had a turd of a couple teachers with personal issues against him. Hopefully, the ISD will rid that cancer from the school, or place them in a elementary school? Damn shame for the IS team. Sounds like someone was going to make sure someone failed here regardless, just cause he/she had a personal issue.

Good luck IS, so sorry you have to endure this garbage.

I think calling a couple of teachers turds based on what one poster said is totally wrong. I have known one of those teachers all my life. He is a graduate of IHS and went to Texas A&I on a football scholarship so he is not anti-football. He has been at ISD for over 35 years. I would be totally blown away if it was proven that he failed a student because he didn't like a coach or the student. That poster also stated that he was a retire/rehire. I believe that to be false. I bring this up to point out that the post may not be completely factual and based more on rumor. Believe me, there are plenty of rumors going around about this in Ingleside right now. Please don't make judgements based on what is posted on here. We will not even know who actually failed until the game Friday. Those players that are sitting in the stands are the ones that actually failed.

I do know this. The young men that are suited up will play 100%. If Ingleside gets beat by 50 pts or 5 pts or pulls off the miracle upset you can bet they gave it their all.

SintonFan
11-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Sad but this game must be played... even though Ingleside has no chance. :(

SintonFan
11-29-2012, 06:51 PM

Keep bending over and flashing that smile. :D

MustangFootball
11-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Sad to say but the only ones here to blame are the kids themselves if we are going to point fingers, I applaud the coaching staff by not putting the game above the education of the kids and stand by no pass no play no matter who it is, you are only teaching these young men proper morals in life due to the consequences of their actions. Ingleside was probably the smallest school in D1 region 4 and have done a great job so far. These kids believe in this team even if it minus a few big stars they will definetly step up and play with full hearts.:thumbsup:

SintonFan
11-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Sad to say but the only ones here to blame are the kids themselves if we are going to point fingers, I applaud the coaching staff by not putting the game above the education of the kids and stand by no pass no play no matter who it is, you are only teaching these young men proper morals in life due to the consequences of their actions. Ingleside was probably the smallest school in D1 region 4 and have done a great job so far. These kids believe in this team even if it minus a few big stars they will definetly step up and play with full hearts.:thumbsup:

Just remember that Ingleside has no chance. :( ;)

99IHSMustang
11-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Sad but this game must be played... even though Ingleside has no chance. :(

:bigcry:

SintonFan
11-29-2012, 08:32 PM
:bigcry:

;) :D
http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/bur2.gif

MustangFootball
11-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Just remember that Ingleside has no chance. :( ;):rolleyes::blahblah:LOL

cboycansurvive
11-30-2012, 09:07 AM
:rolleyes::blahblah:LOL

I would be the first to blame the kids in this situation, but knowing what I know it is hard to do that. I believe we have all been in a situation where there was a certain teacher who you just didn't understand or who had no mercy on anyone. These kids and coaches made an effort and did all they could to get their grade up. The math class was a math models class with Juniors in it. That should tell you right there that these kids are the slower ones who need the extra help. With no child left behind and teacher accountability the way it is these days, the teachers should understand that they are responsible for what their kids learn and the state assessment at the end of the year will show what they have taught- so how could you even allow a kid to be lazy in this current time. I'm just saying that there was an all out effort made not so that the teacher would give them a grade- so that they would give them an oppurtunity to really learn the material and the teachers chose to teach the kids a life lesson rather than teach them what they should be teaching them- curriculum.

pancho villa
11-30-2012, 09:28 AM
I would be the first to blame the kids in this situation, but knowing what I know it is hard to do that. I believe we have all been in a situation where there was a certain teacher who you just didn't understand or who had no mercy on anyone. These kids and coaches made an effort and did all they could to get their grade up. The math class was a math models class with Juniors in it. That should tell you right there that these kids are the slower ones who need the extra help. With no child left behind and teacher accountability the way it is these days, the teachers should understand that they are responsible for what their kids learn and the state assessment at the end of the year will show what they have taught- so how could you even allow a kid to be lazy in this current time. I'm just saying that there was an all out effort made not so that the teacher would give them a grade- so that they would give them an oppurtunity to really learn the material and the teachers chose to teach the kids a life lesson rather than teach them what they should be teaching them- curriculum.

In this day of "No child left behind" kids that fail choose to fail.!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 09:35 AM
It's game day. Good luck Mustangs!

Weebe
11-30-2012, 09:41 AM
I want to know who the 7 people are who think Ingleside will win.

Even if you are a homer and think they have a chance, surely you can't think that it is probable.

Epicpirates
11-30-2012, 09:44 AM

...And they all stink!

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 09:48 AM

Even if you are a homer and think they have a chance, surely you can't think that it is probable.

I vote for Ingleside because I support the team. I don't care if 1000 people voted for El Campo and yes I do know how good they are.

MUSTANG69
11-30-2012, 09:56 AM

I'm one of them because I will never vote against my team.

Epicpirates
11-30-2012, 10:06 AM

What a load!!! If other kids can pass those courses, so can the football players. You sound like the child crying to his parent that " the teacher doesn't like me". There is NOBODY to blame, but the student. These posts make you seem like a COACH who's upset he doesn't have all his players teachers worshipping at the altar of football. If you are a coach, I'm very sorry you are having to play your game without many of his best players, especially seniors. As a fan, there is nothing worse than knowing your team isn't at full strength due to injury or grades. The what-ifs will forever play in your head. Having said that...quit putting the blame on the teachers and know, that sometimes, no matter what you do as a Coach, not every player can or wants to be reached. they are kids and they think they are invincible. They ultimately make their own choices, whether good or bad. Good luck with your game. You never know what star might be standing on the sidelines, just waiting for his chance to shine!

ogg
11-30-2012, 10:22 AM

Never know man, Taylor took us to double OT last year and easily could have won. They were 3-7 and no one gave them a chance, including me. It was more a battle than a game in the end.

Ingleside coaches will need these kids prepared menally for this game, no turnovers and play disciplined football. Play the basic scheme that got them here. Good luck Mustangs!

Weebe
11-30-2012, 10:36 AM
It's not an impossibility.

But the poll asked "Who will win?" Not "Who do you think has a chance to win?" or "Who do you want to win?".

Would anyone bet on Ingleside to win the game?

Maybe I just misunderstood the poll.

pancho villa
11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
I voted for Ingleside cause the women there like to drink beer and dip snuff.

MustangFootball
11-30-2012, 10:45 AM
It's Game Day WoooHooo!!!!:cheerl:
Let's go MUSTANGS shock the world!!!!

MUSTANG69
11-30-2012, 10:48 AM

But the poll asked "Who will win?" Not "Who do you think has a chance to win?" or "Who do you want to win?".

You shouldn't take it so serious. This forum is for loud mouth fans who really support their teams. It is supposed to be FUN. That being said, good luck to both teams and everyone be safe in your travels today.

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
:rolleyes::blahblah:LOL

I am backing you guys...

44INAROW
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM

Seriously........... :tisk:

I've been a Ricebird supporter for 10+ years - (since coach Woods moved there) and I hope they win but anything can happen... These polls are historically "homer" polls for the most part anyway..

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2012, 11:59 AM

I'll bet a dollar that they'll win, better odds than winning in the lotto? mark it down 8 votes now :)

Weebe
11-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Seriously........... :tisk:

I've been a Ricebird supporter for 10+ years - (since coach Woods moved there) and I hope they win but anything can happen... These polls are historically "homer" polls for the most part anyway..

I don't disagree with any of that.

MustangFootball
11-30-2012, 06:04 PM
In this day of "No child left behind" kids that fail choose to fail.!!!!

Well I can't say I agree with you much, but this time I can't disagree.

MustangFootball
11-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Out of every name I heard none were seniors.

YTBulldogs
11-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Out of every name I heard none were seniors.

Hope they learn the importance to stay up with those grades? Good luck tonight.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2012, 07:08 PM
wife didn't get out of work in time to make it to the game, 1 hr and half from corpus. is it webcast?

Dub-C
11-30-2012, 07:29 PM
GATA Ricebirds

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 08:37 PM
El campo drving into Ingleside 34

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 08:38 PM
EC on Ingle 13

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 08:40 PM
EC RB 30 scores TD. EC 7 Ingl 0

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 08:43 PM
EC RB 30 scores TD. EC 7 Ingl 0

Saw that. Go Mustangs!!!!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Ingle driving to EC 30

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 08:51 PM
EC holds and Ingleside punts

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 08:54 PM
EC getting chunks of yards and getting to Ingle 47

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM
End of 1st. EC 7 Ingle 0

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Mustangs need to score after being down by 14... :(

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 09:10 PM
14-7 now. Ingleside just recovered an onside kick. Great call.

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 09:14 PM
14-7 now. Ingleside just recovered an onside kick. Great call.

Damn, Mustangs give it over at the EC 13 yard line. :(

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 09:24 PM
EC driving to Ingleside territory

bird_fan
11-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Halftime 17-7 EC

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Ingleside doing the best they can. Cmon Mustangs, 1 half left

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Ingleside doing the best they can. Cmon Mustangs, 1 half left

Get it going Mustangs!!!

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Regroup and stop them on DEFENSE MUSTANGS!!!!

YTBulldogs
11-30-2012, 10:17 PM
What's IS have returning next year? I'm impressed.

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Gett a score!!!!! ;):);)

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:23 PM
What's IS have returning next year? I'm impressed.

No clue....

YTBulldogs
11-30-2012, 10:24 PM
No clue....

Thought ya'll might have played them.

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Thought ya'll might have played them.

Sinton Pirates did... I am just SintonFan. lol I support MY PIRATES!!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Barajas with 88 yd td pass. Ingleside 14 EC 17. 5 mins left in 4th

spirate_9
11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
17-14
Ingleside just forced a 3 and out after their long TD pass.

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Barajas with 88 yd td pass. Ingleside 14 EC 17. 5 mins left in 4th

Nice! I think the boys realize they can play with EC. ;)

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Good punt? ;)

spirate_9
11-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Ingleside went to the well one too many times. El Campo INT. EC ball at their 25.

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Good punt? ;)

Ingleside went to the well one too many times. El Campo INT. EC ball at their 25.

;) lol

YTBulldogs
11-30-2012, 10:32 PM
El Campo just picked off a pass. 1st and 10 EC at own 25.

spirate_9
11-30-2012, 10:37 PM
End of 3rd. Ingleside trailing 17-14.

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:41 PM
lol These guys loving saying "Red Zone"! Wow...

spirate_9
11-30-2012, 10:41 PM
EC TD... Called back on a holding penalty. 1st and 20 from the 25.

spirate_9
11-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Ricebrd TD. 24-14

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Ricebrd TD. 24-14

Mustangs have no chance!

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:53 PM
lol At the "Red Zone". I have to admit it is cool when they say that.

99IHSMustang
11-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Ingleside fought hard

spirate_9
11-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Ingleside has some pretty good athletes. I think they rely too much on the deep ball. They couldn't establish anything between the tackles.
They did play hard.

YTBulldogs
11-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Nothing to be shame of IS. Great year, congrats.

big daddy russ
11-30-2012, 11:12 PM
Final from Izz: 31-20 EC

Great season 'Stangs.

Ricebirds, go out and bring a state title back to R4.

big daddy russ
11-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Sounded like Ingleside had some problems in the red zone. Was anyone there that can elaborate?

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Final from Izz: 31-20 EC

Great season 'Stangs.

Ricebirds, go out and bring a state title back to R4.

I agree. Go Ricebirds!
Sorry about the loss Mustangs. For a team that had no chance... I'm sure the other team had to play "lights out" to beat ya. :clap:

footballgal
11-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Good season Mustangs and congrats to El Campo

Roughneck93
12-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Good season Mustangs and congrats to El Campo

Ditto.

Boxscore from chron.com...

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&ID=162631&Sport=1&TeamID=217&SearchType=Teams

Weebe
12-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Ingleside played a hell of a game. Better athletes than I thought they might be. They are a good team. Certainly exploited El Campo's weaknesses.

Referees were awful.

defense51
12-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Congrats El Campo on the win, and Ingleside for a great season.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Great season, Ingleside, gj representing district 30 against unbeaten El Campo team.

Look forward to next season battling in district play again.

pirate4state
12-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Ingleside did a lot better than I thought they would. Inability to successfully run at EC was huge. Felt they should have gotten the ball to #5 more in the form of swing and/or screen passes. He had success on the outside. EC was big & fast. Ingleside did well a few drives with contain, but ultimately EC's size and depth wore them down. EC had 2 TDs called back on holding calls (and yes, yall were holding! ;) )

Overall, better game than I expected. Good job to all.

99IHSMustang
12-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Ingleside did a lot better than I thought they would. Inability to successfully run at EC was huge. Felt they should have gotten the ball to #5 more in the form of swing and/or screen passes. He had success on the outside. EC was big & fast. Ingleside did well a few drives with contain, but ultimately EC's size and depth wore them down. EC had 2 TDs called back on holding calls (and yes, yall were holding! ;) )

Overall, better game than I expected. Good job to all.

Just got back from Victoria and I must say the Mustangs gave it all they had. 4 trips to the redzone and no points to show really hurts when you are playing a great team such as EC. I hope Ingleside really looks at developing a FG kicker because he sure would have been handy. Great defensive stands by EC. Your #30 RB was a stud and ran very well. They are a great team and I am glad I traveled down to Victoria to watch what was supposed to be a slaughter that turned out to be an exciting game. Great season Mustangs! Looking forward to seeing what is in store for next year.

MustangFootball
12-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Congrats to El Campo on the win, you guys truely are a great team, I'll be cheering you guys on the rest of the season. Good luck next week, represent region 4 well!!! Go Ricebirds

and Congrats to the Ingleside Mustangs, you guys played one hell of a game. You guys really made us fans proud, saw some really good young talent rise up in this game and fill in, in the absences of a few....really excited about #4, the kids just a sophomore and plays like a 3 years starter.

bird_fan
12-01-2012, 02:56 AM
My hats off to ingleside But i wasnt saying it wouldnt be close I xpected a game and Ingeside didnt disappoint Ingleside is oneof the best spread team ive seen in 3A and a scrappy bunch they are.

99IHSMustang
12-01-2012, 10:43 AM
My hats off to ingleside But i wasnt saying it wouldnt be close I xpected a game and Ingeside didnt disappoint Ingleside is oneof the best spread team ive seen in 3A and a scrappy bunch they are.

:thumbsup: I will be listening to EC vs Carthage next week and be backing you guys on your goal to a State Championship. Go Ricebirds.

Epicpirates
12-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Congratulations to Ingleside on a very good season. You represented our district well.

garza0
12-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Ingleside likes to drop bombs every now and then lol

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2012, 01:33 PM
My hats off to ingleside But i wasnt saying it wouldnt be close I xpected a game and Ingeside didnt disappoint Ingleside is oneof the best spread team ive seen in 3A and a scrappy bunch they are.Ingleside has been a dangerous spread team since their head coach took over in Ingleside. Every year he has been able to fill the skill position offensively to put out a good product every season. I'm a bit suprise a local 4a school hasn't snatched him up yet.

garza0
12-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Ingleside has been a dangerous spread team since their head coach took over in Ingleside. Every year he has been able to fill the skill position offensively to put out a good product every season. I'm a bit suprise a local 4a school hasn't snatched him up yet.

there have been rumors for years that GP has been trying to get him.

big daddy russ
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Word on the street is that he's well-compensated.

Also, Ingleside's always had a strong track program. I don't know if it's still the same way, but we used to have a good bit of the region's speedsters year-in, year-out. If that pool's still there to pull from, it's certainly a good place to get athletes for a spread offense.

Of course, that's just speculation on my part.

MustangFootball
12-01-2012, 06:10 PM
As an Ingleside fan I hope we never lose Coach Hesseltine, he is the perfect fit for Ingleside.....Ingleside doesn't produce really big guys, but seem to have athletes at the skill positions, Ingleside is never gonna line up and run it down your throat, they are built to spread you out and get the ball in open space to their play-makers and make things happen with speed and athleticism. Ingleside always seems to find a good running back as well......it's sad to say but that was probably the last time I will ever see Marquis Barrolle play, and I'm sure I speak for many around town when I say he was very fun to watch, very exciting, you always left a game with a play of his in your head that was so fun to watch and it just made your night. He along with all the other seniors will be missed.