PDA

View Full Version : Region III REGIONAL GotW: Navasota(12-0) Vs. La Marque(11-1)

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Bout time to get it started...

I'll take the rattlers 31-21

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Location?

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Idk yet. Maybe the berry center in cypress? Katy? Conroe?

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 12:19 AM
I live 5 minutes from berry center. I'll be attending this game

SHSBulldog00
11-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Navasota vs La Marque Friday, November 30 -- TBA @ Woodforest Bank Stadium, Shenandoah

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Regardless of location I should say

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 12:30 AM
***... Why not just Conroe. It's only a couple more miles? What's that stadium like?

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2012, 12:32 AM
***... Why not just Conroe. It's only a couple more miles? What's that stadium like?

Woodforest is a few years old. It's very nice!

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Woodforest is a few years old. It's very nice!

Well hell, maybe I'll make it over to this one. Little farther than I was hoping to drive. I was really pulling for cypress so my old man could have a shorter drive from WC. I'll think about it over the week and see if we feel like driving though.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Well hell, maybe I'll make it over to this one. Little farther than I was hoping to drive. I was really pulling for cypress so my old man could have a shorter drive from WC. I'll think about it over the week and see if we feel like driving though.

I was hoping for the Berry Center myself. Woodforest is about 7-10 minutes down 45 from Moorhead exit on Research Forest/Tamina Rd.

Good thing is that the stadium is across the freeway from my job.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Is that the woodlands hs stadium? I have an exgirlfriend who went to the woodlands hs and lived right off research forest so I know basically right where that is.

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Is that the woodlands hs stadium? I have an exgirlfriend who went to the woodlands hs and lived right off research forest so I know basically right where that is.

Yes, it's the home to them and College Park.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Awesome. Yeah, not too bad of a drive. Bout an hour and 15 for me. I'll see what other games are around and how busy I am with school and maybe I'll make it. Should be a great game.

cougartino
11-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Navasota vs La Marque Friday, November 30 -- TBA @ Woodforest Bank Stadium, Shenandoah

I hope not. It's hell getting through Houston from La Marque on a Friday.

venomous tat2
11-24-2012, 02:42 AM
Awesome. Yeah, not too bad of a drive. Bout an hour and 15 for me. I'll see what other games are around and how busy I am with school and maybe I'll make it. Should be a great game.

Where ever we play we will have a tailgate party and all of the Downlow family is welcomed , you can meet , greet and eat. I will give more details next week. It's all good so show up if you can. :cool:

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2012, 02:49 AM
Where ever we play we will have a tailgate party and all of the Downlow family is welcomed , you can meet , greet and eat. I will give more details next week. It's all good so show up if you can. :cool:

I was really surprised by how many showed up for the tailgating...Another good turnout in Conroe for the game as well...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/61594_10151183130824023_232535146_n.jpg

Football fan
11-24-2012, 02:50 AM
This game will determine the state championship.

1971Coogs
11-24-2012, 08:44 AM
It's a shame this game has to be in the third round....it will definitely have the atmosphere of a title game :clap:

J2M2SR
11-24-2012, 09:31 AM
This game will determine the state championship.

Seems someone is forgetting about WOS

Football fan
11-24-2012, 10:47 AM
No, I am aware of WOS.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 11:32 AM
I have seen all 3 of them play . I expect Navasota to beat LM and WOS.

I think LM would probably beat WOS too but it'd be closer.

I just don't think anyone can beat Navasota this year...

Offense too good and defense is well above average

SHSBulldog00
11-24-2012, 11:36 AM

7pm Game Time

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 12:16 PM

Now this sounds like the place to be next Friday. Free grub, good 3ADL fellowship, and a kick ass football game to boot.

OldBison75
11-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Get ready for a knock down football game. Two really good teams will be putting on a show. If you plan on sitting on the Rattlers side, come early, we filled up the Home side of Buddy Morehead last night. Navasota fans come out big to support the team.

Sville
11-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Man I wish this game was on Saturday. I would make the drive for this one. What a juicy playoff game this one is.

NastySlot
11-24-2012, 12:32 PM
I was really surprised by how many showed up for the tailgating...Another good turnout in Conroe for the game as well...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/61594_10151183130824023_232535146_n.jpg
I see myself....top row standing to the right of the press box. Sat with a former Rattler Q (EJ). Great to visit with him and talk about the old days. He has a good looking son playing as a soph for rattlers. I was very impressed with the rattlers play hard, very fast and Fedora and the staff do a great job it shows. I'm getting old two former students and players on the staff.

Roughneck93
11-24-2012, 01:07 PM
I'll be there next Friday for this one. It's gonna be a great game.

Sville
11-24-2012, 01:44 PM
I have never seen Navasota play a game in my life but I have seen several LM games over the last 20 years. The Coogs have had a knack of raising their level of play to that of their opponent, especially in the post season. That capability is a direct result of their great tradition IMO.

coog4eva
11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I too wish this game was on Saturday. This will be a terrible commute for Coog fans traveling from 45 S........

1971Coogs
11-24-2012, 05:58 PM
I too wish this game was on Saturday. This will be a terrible commute for Coog fans traveling from 45 S........

But you know Brother Coog.....we have traveled 1000's of miles over the years and it's not going to stop us now.

1971Coogs
11-24-2012, 06:02 PM
I have never seen Navasota play a game in my life but I have seen several LM games over the last 20 years. The Coogs have had a knack of raising their level of play to that of their opponent, especially in the post season. That capability is a direct result of their great tradition IMO.Except for one opponent my friend....except for one. :doh: I still have royal respect for "the program from the milk capital of Texas" As Yoda would say "Powerful it is...Powerful indeed..."

Scoop27
11-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Where is Shenadoah?

Roughneck93
11-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Where is Shenadoah?

It's just north of The Woodlands. Basically run into one another.

Saggy Aggie
11-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Where is Shenadoah?

Shenandoah = the woodlands

the game is being played in the woodlands HS' stadium.

pirate4state
11-24-2012, 09:57 PM

I wish it were Saturday too. No way I can make this game. Why wouldn't everyone want to play Saturday and start "December football" early ;)

coachc45
11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Yes, it's the home to them and College Park.

And Oak Ridge! Very nice stadium. Arguably the 2nd best stadium in greater Houston behind the Berry Center.

coachc45
11-24-2012, 10:55 PM
I wish it were Saturday too. No way I can make this game. Why wouldn't everyone want to play Saturday and start "December football" early ;)

Once you start playing on Saturday it is a difficult transition back with the short week to prepare. Most teams with state title aspirations want to play on Friday because that is the day of the title game. Best to stay on Friday schedule throughout.

1971Coogs
11-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Once you start playing on Saturday it is a difficult transition back with the short week to prepare. Most teams with state title aspirations want to play on Friday because that is the day of the title game. Best to stay on Friday schedule throughout.
Bingo !!! A voice of experience emerges

pirate4state
11-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah, yeah....I'm a fan and want to watch and would only be able to on Saturday :p LOL

1971Coogs
11-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah, yeah....I'm a fan and want to watch and would only be able to on Saturday :p LOLagreed

OldBison75
11-25-2012, 11:45 AM
This game will be a good one. The Navasota offense can score on any defense. LaMarque has the type team that can make big plays and if they get on a roll they are like a frieght train. If the Rattlers can start strong and put LaMarque behind the eight ball early, the Rattler defense is good enough to keep LaMarque from coming back.

Earlier in the year, people, including myself, were concerned about the Rattler offensive line. This group has gelled together and is playing pretty darn good right now. They gave Baker all the time he needed most of the night against Jasper. Plus, the running game is good enough that if you concentrate on stopping the pass they can burn you on the run. The Rattler defense has gotten stronger each week. They will give up some yards at times, but it is hard to score on them without a trick play. The other thing that has impressed me is that this group is the quickest group we have had in years and they tackle well.

I know that LaMarque is gonna be a team that can match the speed of the Rattlers and, as always, they will be ready and capable of playing with anyone step for step. I look for a barn burner of a game.

Early prediction: Navasota 38
LaMarque 24

shasan1
11-26-2012, 04:15 AM
If you can score 38 points on La Marque, you are good and deserve to win.

radioman
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Just a reminder, if you can't make the game, the Navasota broadcast can be heard live on www.navasotanews.com or on your smart phone with the www.radioaggieland.com ap.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
If you can score 38 points on La Marque, you are good and deserve to win.

It doesn't matter how many we score as long as we get the W. And yes, I do believe that Navasota will score at least 38 on La Marque.

Sville
11-26-2012, 11:16 AM
I think LM's tradition and big game experience year after year is an X-factor in this game. Navasota is trying to get to where the Coogs are, this is going to be a fantastic game. I am personally pulling for LM for no other reason than I am a big fan of their program.

I no one thing Rattler fans better get used to hearing....

WE ARE LA MARQUE..............WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHH HH!!!!!

Fastglen
11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Neither team has played a game this year with a team of the quality these two possess. 38 points will not happen for either side. I believe that team speed will influence the scoring significantly. I predict a passing advantage for the Rattlers and a running advantage for the Coogs. Probably a quick start would be to the advantage of the Rattlers as the Coogs deliberate and punishing run game is not a come from behind offense. On the other hand, if the Coogs get out first, the time eating offense negates the quick strike passing game to an always one score behind situation. Rattlers probably have the advantage in the kicking game but if they rely on it for field goals instead of touchdowns, they will pay dearly.
This is a not to miss game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 12:07 PM
I think LM's tradition and big game experience year after year is an X-factor in this game. Navasota is trying to get to where the Coogs are, this is going to be a fantastic game. I am personally pulling for LM for no other reason than I am a big fan of their program.

I no one thing Rattler fans better get used to hearing....

WE ARE LA MARQUE..............WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSHHH HH!!!!!

Navasota is familiar with La Marque. Afterall, we were all in 4A together.

Navasota has lost in 5 consecutive QF's to the champ or the eventual champ... I think that qualifies for something.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Neither team has played a game this year with a team of the quality these two possess. 38 points will not happen for either side. I believe that team speed will influence the scoring significantly. I predict a passing advantage for the Rattlers and a running advantage for the Coogs. Probably a quick start would be to the advantage of the Rattlers as the Coogs deliberate and punishing run game is not a come from behind offense. On the other hand, if the Coogs get out first, the time eating offense negates the quick strike passing game to an always one score behind situation. Rattlers probably have the advantage in the kicking game but if they rely on it for field goals instead of touchdowns, they will pay dearly.
This is a not to miss game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever heard of Coldspring?

Grahamcheerdad
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Im going with La Marque just because I saw them play in sc game against Aledo

1971Coogs
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Navasota is familiar with La Marque. Afterall, we were all in 4A together.

Navasota has lost in 5 consecutive QF's to the champ or the eventual champ... I think that qualifies for something.
Good post

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Good post

It won't happen this year.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Im going with La Marque just because I saw them play in sc game against Aledo

When was that? 2010?

Fastglen
11-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes I have heard of Coldspring. La Marque has played them three times that I recall, and you Rattlers played them earlier this year as well. However, I am referring to now....not then. If you havent improved since you played them earlier you're in for a long evening. The Coogs have changed schemes and personnel since September. Consequently, I am not considering either the Rattlers or the Coogs earlier "match up" very valid at this time. I stand on my original post!!!

coachc45
11-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes I have heard of Coldspring. La Marque has played them three times that I recall, and you Rattlers played them earlier this year as well. However, I am referring to now....not then. If you havent improved since you played them earlier you're in for a long evening. The Coogs have changed schemes and personnel since September. Consequently, I am not considering either the Rattlers or the Coogs earlier "match up" very valid at this time. I stand on my original post!!!

They played Friday, you are aware of that? It was a tough game and Lamarque struggled to pull it out. Navasota is MUCH better than Coldsprings, and it will end up being a long drive back to LaMarque from The Woodlands!!!

Grahamcheerdad
11-26-2012, 01:27 PM
When was that? 2010?
Yes that was 2010 I think

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM

3 times in one season? There goes your credibility. They played twice with each team winning and La Marque winning when it counted.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes that was 2010 I think

Yes, I remember that game...

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Ok, I am going to keep this short and sweet.

We are very of aware of La Marque's history. But, it's just that, HISTORY. Ask the Cowgirls, oops, Cowboys, you don't win games on history alone. Yes, La Marque is a very good team. So is Navasota. We both have played Coldspring. Navasota 36 Coldspring 8 & Coldspring 27 La Marque 21 in OT. Yes, La Marque won it when it counted most.

I am not going to take anything away from the Cougar Program or from what they have done thus far this year.

However, if you think that the #1 team in the state hasn't improved since beating Coldspring 36-8 (Could have been much worse), you are seriously ill. IMO, Navasota is really just now starting to hit their stride or peak if you will. In the first two playoff games, Navasota has scored 62 and 59, that was the most output all season in games where the competition should be getting better, Navasota has only raised their level of play . Before those games were even played, according to some, Navasota hadn't played anyone. Well, what was said by those same few was, Navasota was the best team that ehy have faced all season.

Now, before anyone says this, I know that La Marque AIN'T China Spring nor Jasper. But, we have done what we needed to do in convincing fashion all season. Every week, it seems to be a excuse after an excuse. Mainly being that Navasota hasn't played anyone.

As I stated before throughout the season, I don't like comparing scores, but some people do.

Glen Rose 35 China Spring 28
Alvarado 28 China Spring 14
Navasota 62 China Spring 16

WoS 17 Jasper 7
Navasota 59 Jasper 14 (31-8 @ the half)

Navasota 36 Coldspring 8
Coldspring 27 La Marque 21
La Marque 35 Coldspring 21

Games are about matchups. Navasota will give anybody that they play matchup problems. Navasota will only beat themselves, period.

Grahamcheerdad
11-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Well hell now im for Navasota

1971Coogs
11-26-2012, 03:25 PM

We are very of aware of La Marque's history. But, it's just that, HISTORY. Ask the Cowgirls, oops, Cowboys, you don't win games on history alone. Yes, La Marque is a very good team. So is Navasota. We both have played Coldspring. Navasota 36 Coldspring 8 & Coldspring 27 La Marque 21 in OT. Yes, La Marque won it when it counted most.

I am not going to take anything away from the Cougar Program or from what they have done thus far this year.

However, if you think that the #1 team in the state hasn't improved since beating Coldspring 36-8 (Could have been much worse), you are seriously ill. IMO, Navasota is really just now starting to hit their stride or peak if you will. In the first two playoff games, Navasota has scored 62 and 59, that was the most output all season in games where the competition should be getting better, Navasota has only raised their level of play . Before those games were even played, according to some, Navasota hadn't played anyone. Well, what was said by those same few was, Navasota was the best team that ehy have faced all season.

Now, before anyone says this, I know that La Marque AIN'T China Spring nor Jasper. But, we have done what we needed to do in convincing fashion all season. Every week, it seems to be a excuse after an excuse. Mainly being that Navasota hasn't played anyone.

As I stated before throughout the season, I don't like comparing scores, but some people do.

WoS 17 Jasper 7

Navasota 36 Coldspring 8

Games are about matchups. Navasota will give anybody that they play matchup problems. Navasota will only beat themselves, period.Good post (again). I love this time of year..people start showing their fangs, hooves, teeth, wings, etc. :D
I know you probably won't get a chance, but I would love to meet you. I have already received camera deck access for the stadium for the Coogs Sports Net crew. Navasota is the home team, with the camera deck being on that side....you might pop up top and give me a shout ;)

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Good post (again). I love this time of year..people start showing their fangs, hooves, teeth, wings, etc. :D
I know you probably won't get a chance, but I would love to meet you. I have already received camera deck access for the stadium for the Coogs Sports Net crew. Navasota is the home team, with the camera deck being on that side....you might pop up top and give me a shout ;)

It would be a pleasure.. I actually work across the freeway @ MH The Woodlands Hospital.. I should be there no later than 6pm. Maybe you can meet myself and my dad, another 3adownlow poster.

coog4eva
11-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Previous games mean nothing in the playoffs........both teams are where they are for a reason......

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Previous games mean nothing in the playoffs........both teams are where they are for a reason......

True...I only posted that because of what had been said on other sites about Navasota....

bobcat1
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm going snakes by 2 scores.

bdblm97
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I'll say this, I've seen film on Navasota...a lot of it. I can tell you this unless Navasota employs a power run game for the majority of the night, they won't have a shot at beating LM. La Marque matches up better vs. spread (passing) offenses than any other. With one of the states best secondaries and pass rush you can expect a lot of errant throws vs the Cougar Defense. When you can take a team of the caliber of Texas City with their explosive spread offense which averages 50 pts per game (in one of the toughest 4A districts in the state of Texas) and shut down their D1 weapons...that should tell you something. Texas City's QB was sacked 5 times and their "weapons" couldn't score until the game was already settled and LM started playing some of the younger reserve DB's. If thats not impressive enough #6 Nationally Ranked QB Kohl Stewart (Best QB I've seen in many years) comes into La Marque is constantly pressured, sacked and picked off 3 times. His offense was a well oiled machine and the kid was a field general. They could only muster 14 points. I think the X Factor here will be the speed and quickness off the snap of the LM defense vs the Navasota O Line. Def End Lawrence Montegue is an absolute beast and NT Michael Parker is the quickest off the snap that you will see. Offensively, the Cougars can open it up and spread you out if need be, but if Navasota cannot stop the run it will be game over...and soon. Bottom line teams come out and take their shots at La Marque in the first half of most games sometimes scoring on big plays, but once the LM defense decides that they have had enough and they turn on that switch, its over. Just speaking from experience. Look at what happened to Coldspring they came out and scored twice and then got a bonus on a kick return before the half. They were on cloud nine and even started mocking LM by imitating their pre-kickoff routine...that was a big mistake! 2nd half 0 points, 3 first downs and 3 4th down stands. The Cougars turn it up in the playoffs. Always have and always will.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 03:38 PM
I'll say this, I've seen film on Navasota...a lot of it. I can tell you this unless Navasota employs a power run game for the majority of the night, they won't have a shot at beating LM. La Marque matches up better vs. spread (passing) offenses than any other. With one of the states best secondaries and pass rush you can expect a lot of errant throws vs the Cougar Defense. When you can take a team of the caliber of Texas City with their explosive spread offense which averages 50 pts per game (in one of the toughest 4A districts in the state of Texas) and shut down their D1 weapons...that should tell you something. Texas City's QB was sacked 5 times and their "weapons" couldn't score until the game was already settled and LM started playing some of the younger reserve DB's. If thats not impressive enough #6 Nationally Ranked QB Kohl Stewart (Best QB I've seen in many years) comes into La Marque is constantly pressured, sacked and picked off 3 times. His offense was a well oiled machine and the kid was a field general. They could only muster 14 points. I think the X Factor here will be the speed and quickness off the snap of the LM defense vs the Navasota O Line. Def End Lawrence Montegue is an absolute beast and NT Michael Parker is the quickest off the snap that you will see. Offensively, the Cougars can open it up and spread you out if need be, but if Navasota cannot stop the run it will be game over...and soon. Bottom line teams come out and take their shots at La Marque in the first half of most games sometimes scoring on big plays, but once the LM defense decides that they have had enough and they turn on that switch, its over. Just speaking from experience. Look at what happened to Coldspring they came out and scored twice and then got a bonus on a kick return before the half. They were on cloud nine and even started mocking LM by imitating their pre-kickoff routine...that was a big mistake! 2nd half 0 points, 3 first downs and 3 4th down stands. The Cougars turn it up in the playoffs. Always have and always will.

Ok, I respect opinion and assessment... But, ask Coldspring how well Navasota plays against the run...

I will add, Navasota AIN'T Coldspring... But, you shall see come Friday.

coog4eva
11-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Ok, I respect opinion and assessment... But, ask Coldspring how well Navasota plays against the run...

Different personnel and different systems but I did notice the OL from CS held on nearly every play. It became laughable after a while.

Fastglen
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Hemo,
I really enjoy your posts. However you and several others on this site appear fixed on the "credibility" word. Are my posts naive enough that one would think I did not know that we did not play Coldspring three times in one year? The sentence was about familiarity with Coldspring. (that was the question I was responding to) In addition, the "improved since Coldspring" was a rhetorical question. I'm too old to be cute with between the lines innuendoes.
Good luck to you and the Rattlers...........I can only imagine how you are ending that salutation.......LOL

1971Coogs
11-26-2012, 05:32 PM
It would be a pleasure.. I actually work across the freeway @ MH The Woodlands Hospital.. I should be there no later than 6pm. Maybe you can meet myself and my dad, another 3adownlow poster.
You guys don't bring live rattlesnakes in a glass cage to the game do you? I've seen some weird stuff over the years, but that would be the first.

I still have a very vivid memory of the first time we played Stephenville for the title in 1993 at UT Stadium in Austin. Everyone on their side had some type of noise maker. Nails in a can, ball bearings in a can, etc. They even had a 55 gallon drum on the sideline that rolled, which of course was full of nails, ball bearings, etc. High school football atmosphere....nothing like it :crazy1:

OldBison75
11-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Navasota will have a house full of fans and they will make a ton of noise, but no live rattlers. Cans and such will be in abundance though.

The Rattler's have plenty of respect for the LaMarque program and know that that tradition and "swagger" can bite you if you are not prepared. In 1996, i believe, Navasota came into a playoff game in the stadium at Sam Houston undefeated and LaMarque showed us how they play ball. I don't expect to see anything less than great football from the Cougars. I believe this team is much better than what we have had in Navasota in years. I believe that Navasota should win this week, but I know that this will be the toughest game opponent we have faced all year. Good luck to both teams and I hope that both teams can remain healthy throughout the game.

shasan1
11-26-2012, 08:20 PM

WoS 17 Jasper 7

Navasota 36 Coldspring 8

Games are about matchups. Navasota will give anybody that they play matchup problems. Navasota will only beat themselves, period.
You are saying a little too much. La Marque has a different type of kid. Remember this saying friday.

HEMOTOXIC
11-26-2012, 10:03 PM
You are saying a little too much. La Marque has a different type of kid. Remember this saying friday.

Get in 2012... Stop living off HISTORY.

sTxforlife
11-27-2012, 12:15 AM
I know how Navasota plays and I watched La Marque play Coldspring Friday. From what i've seen, if you can shut down La Marque's qb you can shut down their offense, Navasota has the speed and the athletes to do this. I think the Rattlers will be too much for La Marque, Rattler's by 3 tds.

coog4eva
11-27-2012, 04:28 AM
I know how Navasota plays and I watched La Marque play Coldspring Friday. From what i've seen, if you can shut down La Marque's qb you can shut down their offense, Navasota has the speed and the athletes to do this. I think the Rattlers will be too much for La Marque, Rattler's by 3 tds.

Why open your playbook when you can win with QB draws and keepers? I think LMs offense is much more than the QB. You use what the defense gives you.

LionFan72
11-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Rattlers gonna roll, get your game on. Navasota 2012 State Champs.

1971Coogs
11-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Navasota will have a house full of fans and they will make a ton of noise, but no live rattlers. Cans and such will be in abundance though.

The Rattler's have plenty of respect for the LaMarque program and know that that tradition and "swagger" can bite you if you are not prepared. In 1996, i believe, Navasota came into a playoff game in the stadium at Sam Houston undefeated and LaMarque showed us how they play ball. I don't expect to see anything less than great football from the Cougars. I believe this team is much better than what we have had in Navasota in years. I believe that Navasota should win this week, but I know that this will be the toughest game opponent we have faced all year. Good luck to both teams and I hope that both teams can remain healthy throughout the game.
"Good luck to both teams and I hope that both teams can remain healthy throughout the game." Good post

RattlerNation60
11-27-2012, 09:44 AM
I'll be there.

Dowork
11-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Who ever wins this game I think will meet the bellville brahmas in the state semis.what a game that would be!

whitelightning5
11-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Who ever wins this game I think will meet the bellville brahmas in the state semis.what a game that would be!

Hey now. Don't put a jinx on my team...hahaha. Bellville has to take this one week at a time. If Bellville were to remain hot and somehow make it that far, I dont see it being much of a contest with the region 3 winner advancing, but any given day....right?

Yoe_09
11-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Thoughts & Predictions?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-28-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm pulling for La Marque, but Navasota looks far too impressive from what I've seen of them.

I think La Marque will make a game of it but Navasota will pull away.

pancho villa
11-28-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't know how good Navasota is this year, but they better be ready for some speeeed on defense from LM!

1971Coogs
11-28-2012, 09:29 AM
I don't know how good Navasota is this year, but they better be ready for some speeeed on defense from LM!http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgbMffmMnkHVG2vf9JsmLXRGWteqGU-L82sOwAtYgtVCAO6J1tjhE878l0

OldBison75
11-28-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't know how good Navasota is this year, but they better be ready for some speeeed on defense from LM!

LaMarque better be ready for speed from Navasota on Offense and defense. Against Jasper, a Navasota defensive end, rushing the quarterback, peeled off on a swing pass to a back and tackled the back after a very short gain along the sidelines. The same defensive end ran down Jasper's fastest running back from behind in the open field to prevent a TD late in the game. Oh, and the defensive end is a pretty good sized kid that is not nearly the fastest kid on the Navasota defense.

That said, I have no doubt this week will be the biggest challenge to date for the Rattlers. I have watched this team since 1978 and until the last couple of years when I was working out of town alot, seen nearly every game. This year's version of the Rattlers is the best I have ever seen here. The coaching staff always has them well prepared and focused. The athletes on the team believe in each other.

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2012, 11:06 AM
LaMarque better be ready for speed from Navasota on Offense and defense. Against Jasper, a Navasota defensive end, rushing the quarterback, peeled off on a swing pass to a back and tackled the back after a very short gain along the sidelines. The same defensive end ran down Jasper's fastest running back from behind in the open field to prevent a TD late in the game. Oh, and the defensive end is a pretty good sized kid that is not nearly the fastest kid on the Navasota defense.

That said, I have no doubt this week will be the biggest challenge to date for the Rattlers. I have watched this team since 1978 and until the last couple of years when I was working out of town alot, seen nearly every game. This year's version of the Rattlers is the best I have ever seen here. The coaching staff always has them well prepared and focused. The athletes on the team believe in each other.

I think that is one of the biggest differences compared to years past. The team, coaches, town, etc expect to win. I have never in my young life seen sooo much excitment from this town. It is truely amazing. Now, we are truly experiencing what the LaMarque's, Celina's, Gilmer's, Katy's, Lake Travis', etc experience on a yearly basis and it is REALLY EXCITING. And, I am loving every minute of it... Everyday, myself, my dad or someone else that I know is talking Rattler Football. Tailgating before the playoff games.. 5,000+ Rattler fans showing up for the games, the team and the coaches being prepared and giving it their all.. I'm in hog heaven...

Go Snakes!

hollywood
11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
I think that is one of the biggest differences compared to years past. The team, coaches, town, etc expect to win. I have never in my young life seen sooo much excitment from this town. It is truely amazing. Now, we are truly experiencing what the LaMarque's, Celina's, Gilmer's, Katy's, Lake Travis', etc experience on a yearly basis and it is REALLY EXCITING. And, I am loving every minute of it... Everyday, myself, my dad or someone else that I know is talking Rattler Football. Tailgating before the playoff games.. 5,000+ Rattler fans showing up for the games, the team and the coaches being prepared and giving it their all.. I'm in hog heaven...

Go Snakes!

Hey, Stephenville faced the daunting La Margue Coogars 3 times in their history ('93, '94, '98). There was all kinds of fuss about how much speed La Marque had and how awesome their defense was. And how Stephenville, a bunch of farm boys from central Texas didn't have a chance. All 3 times Stephenville beat them for the State Championship. It came down to Stephenville's tempo and precision at which they execute.

Enjoy it as much as possible. It is a good feeling. Best of luck to Navasota!

garciap77
11-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Rattlers!!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Hey, Stephenville faced the daunting La Margue Coogars 3 times in their history ('93, '94, '98). There was all kinds of fuss about how much speed La Marque had and how awesome their defense was. And how Stephenville, a bunch of farm boys from central Texas didn't have a chance. All 3 times Stephenville beat them for the State Championship. It came down to Stephenville's tempo and precision at which they execute.

Thanks... And we look forward to the challenge...

whitelightning5
11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks... And we look forward to the challenge...

Navasota wins this game by at least 17. They run the spread well. They have speed and size where it counts.

LionFan72
11-28-2012, 03:16 PM

You ever chase a milk cow, much less an alien milk cow? Them boys gotta have a lot of speed and agility, matched up pretty well in SC games. Speed is not the answer, execution and determination will win this game.

Bull's-eye
11-28-2012, 04:38 PM

I'm planning on attending this game, hope to see you & your Dad! Also, got to see for myself this awesome Navasota team.

1971Coogs
11-28-2012, 05:06 PM

Enjoy it as much as possible. It is a good feeling. Best of luck to Navasota!Hmm...unless you were talking to someone from La Marque that didn't know anything about Stephenville, most fans from La Marque would not have said that

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm planning on attending this game, hope to see you & your Dad! Also, got to see for myself this awesome Navasota team.

We will be there... I will tell him that you are planning to come...

hollywood
11-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Hmm...unless you were talking to someone from La Marque that didn't know anything about Stephenville, most fans from La Marque would not have said that

La Marque has a great program. Great tradition. Great fans. Great kids. It probably wasn't La Marque as a whole, but there were many that discounted the Jackets in all 3 match ups, due to speed and the swagger factor. Good luck to the Coogs!

I would love to witness this war of a game. Reg 1 has their slobber knocker with Stephenville vs Abilene Wylie.

SHSBulldog00
11-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Navasota should use this as their intro. It would be so cool.

http://youtu.be/9SSUQxGjZZ4

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2012, 11:19 PM

I like

whitelightning5
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Looks like I will be going to support Navasota this week. I am less than 10 minutes from the stadium and need my football fix this week. I can't make it to watch Bellville due to the timing taken to get to Converse and company Christmas parties.

bdblm97
11-29-2012, 04:36 PM
So I've been watching some Navasota video over the past 2 weeks and in my observation from the video alone, I don't believe that Navasota's Off and Def Lines are as athletic as La Marque's...keep in mind I've only seen video but if anyone who has seen both teams play in person can chime in with more insight it would be appreciated. Seeing the LM Def. Line play against spread teams is a sight to see. The DE's get up field very fast, as well as the NT. I don't know how many time the Nav QB has been hit or sacked this season but if he's been kept pretty clean (as I can only assume with such large scores) playing agianst a D Line that will get after him may make a world of difference. Many people think this will be a high scoring, high flying passing affair, but I think this game will be won in the trenches. Expect LM to play keep away clock ball if they get any lead...even a 1 score lead.

whitelightning5
11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
So I've been watching some Navasota video over the past 2 weeks and in my observation from the video alone, I don't believe that Navasota's Off and Def Lines are as athletic as La Marque's...keep in mind I've only seen video but if anyone who has seen both teams play in person can chime in with more insight it would be appreciated. Seeing the LM Def. Line play against spread teams is a sight to see. The DE's get up field very fast, as well as the NT. I don't know how many time the Nav QB has been hit or sacked this season but if he's been kept pretty clean (as I can only assume with such large scores) playing agianst a D Line that will get after him may make a world of difference. Many people think this will be a high scoring, high flying passing affair, but I think this game will be won in the trenches. Expect LM to play keep away clock ball if they get any lead...even a 1 score lead.

Should be a site to see....I haven't seen either team play. The last time I saw Navasota play was when Bellville beat them in Navasota and that has been quite a few years back.

OldBison75
11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I could tell you that the Rattler QB has not been hit, but that would be a lie. Look on MaxPreps at his rushing stats. 73 Rushes for 9 yard with a long of 20 yards tells the story. He has been hurried some and sacked some, especially in the early part of the season before the Offensive line gelled. However, he is pretty fearless and moves in the pocket very well. All I can say is that if you take one play off and give him room to throw, he will burn you. Baker has been blitzed all year in every imaginable scheme and continues to get up and throw a touchdown pass the next play.

As for the possession game, it has been tried all year and not succeeded consistently. Navasota has not won the time of possession battle in any game this year. The big thing is they have scored on about 70% of offensive possessions. We have only punted 24 or 25 times all season, not because we tried to make a fourth down conversion, but because we generally move the ball in chunks. Every receiver you will see and every back will be capable of taking any play to the house. Not only that, they block downfield for each other very well. The Navasota QB is a master at checking through his receiver options to find the open man.

The question has been asked before about Division 1 prospects and you don't find any listed from Navasota---I can tell you that a member of the team indicated to me that several are being talked to, but the team decided that they would not discuss or make any decisions until after the playoffs are complete because they want the team goals to take precedence over the individual goals.

whitelightning5
11-29-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm sure this question has already come up, but who is the home team in this game?

HEMOTOXIC
11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm sure this question has already come up, but who is the home team in this game?

Navasota. Get there early. We have been averaging 5,000+ for the playoffs.

whitelightning5
11-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Navasota. Get there early. We have been averaging 5,000+ for the playoffs.

Thanks for the heads up.

HEMOTOXIC
11-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

:2thumbsup

SHSBulldog00
11-29-2012, 09:13 PM
A lot of smack talk be laid out on Twitter and FB. I can't wait for this one to get started.

yellaseeker
11-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't expect a runaway but, I don't see La Marque weathering the storm. 23- 13 Navasota

navscanmaster
11-30-2012, 01:00 AM
A lot of smack talk be laid out on Twitter and FB. I can't wait for this one to get started.I'm lazy. Hash tags?

striker
11-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the link. I'll pass it along to our Media Crew.

regaleagle
11-30-2012, 04:46 AM
I'm going Navasota 34 LM 21

HEMOTOXIC
11-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Game day! Good luck to both teams and safe traveling to and from the Woodlands.

Go SNAKES!

zebrablue2
11-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Go Snakes!!!

ogg
11-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Navasota will show the state of texas why they deserve the 3a D2 title.

bdblm97
11-30-2012, 10:53 AM
If any of you are on twitter follow me and othe LM fans so we can smack back on forth before and during the game

www.twitter.com

Follow
@bdblm97
@50YLLMC
@Coogs5StarRadio
@Cougartino
@ONE3TX
@BCWilliams

vtskneb
11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
WHOOOOSH! Good Luck tonight Coogs!

Sville
11-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Tradition Never Graduates!

Roughneck93
11-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Can't wait for this one to kickoff.

Article from chron.com...

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/La-Marque-in-unique-underdog-role-in-3A-matchup-4078768.php

HEMOTOXIC
11-30-2012, 12:57 PM

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/La-Marque-in-unique-underdog-role-in-3A-matchup-4078768.php

I am unsure if we will win by 21, and don't care. I just want a W.

OldBison75
11-30-2012, 01:07 PM

That is a great article and just strengthens what i have been saying all year---Navasota is good and anybody that has seen them recognizes that. The more important part of the article is that there are other good teams out there that are capable of beating any other team on any given night. Teams like LaMarque, steeped in tradition and winning playoff games, are not intimidated by any other team and believe they can win any game. It is a matter of pride, confidence, and emotion. I have no doubt that this week will be a battle. On paper I have no doubt that Navasota should win, on the field I am honestly a little worried because I know that LaMarque will accept this game as a challenge to their tradition and history and will be ready to knock the Rattlers down a notch.

I am still a Rattler fan and as such BELIEVE with all my heart that this is the year of the RATTLER.

Play hard, strike fast, and don't leave anything on the field. Tonight is our chance to prove to the state we are for real--no weak district arguments and no level of competition argument are valid after tonight.

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 05:07 PM
That is a great article and just strengthens what i have been saying all year---Navasota is good and anybody that has seen them recognizes that. The more important part of the article is that there are other good teams out there that are capable of beating any other team on any given night. Teams like LaMarque, steeped in tradition and winning playoff games, are not intimidated by any other team and believe they can win any game. It is a matter of pride, confidence, and emotion. I have no doubt that this week will be a battle. On paper I have no doubt that Navasota should win, on the field I am honestly a little worried because I know that LaMarque will accept this game as a challenge to their tradition and history and will be ready to knock the Rattlers down a notch.

I am still a Rattler fan and as such BELIEVE with all my heart that this is the year of the RATTLER.

Play hard, strike fast, and don't leave anything on the field. Tonight is our chance to prove to the state we are for real--no weak district arguments and no level of competition argument are valid after tonight.

I'm hyped for this game and I don't even have any ties to either town. See ya there. I will be sitting on Navasota's side.

Weebe
11-30-2012, 06:20 PM
As another poster on this board said, La Marque only starts practicing after school once November rolls around.

Any of you discounting them because of two early seasons losses are making mistake. They went to the date finals a couple of years ago after barely making the playoffs at 6-4.

They may not win the game, but they aren't the decided underdog some of you are making them out to be.

Dub-C
11-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Gata snakes gata!!!!!!!

Tin Cup
11-30-2012, 07:32 PM
The wifey and I will be I'm attendance for this one. Hoping for a great game

Roughneck93
11-30-2012, 07:51 PM
The traffic getting up here was ridiculous! Lol...

Dogs_21
11-30-2012, 07:55 PM
The traffic getting up here was ridiculous! Lol...

That's why I didn't try haha!

defense51
11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Wish I could make it to this one! Good luck to both teams

OldBison75
11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Navasota up 17=6 at the half. Navasota gets a 48 yard field goal to end the half and get the ball to start the second half.

LionFan72
12-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Rattlers rolling, rolling rolling rollin', SC Bound. Wow, big win, congrats!

1971Coogs
12-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Congratulations to Navasota... don't look too far down the road or you might get snake bit. I can see you "sizing up" though (as we have said 5 times during the 10 trips we made it to the title game). You have a very good fan base, cherish the moment. The magic number is now three. I must warn you, it becomes addicting. Even more so when you reach the title game 6 years in a row ! Once (if) you slip that ring on your finger....it's like Eve biting the apple.