PDA

View Full Version : Region II REGIONAL GotW: Argyle(11-1) Vs. Gilmer(11-1)

buckeyebob
11-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Let the festivities begin. Will the Argillians make it 3 strikes against the Buckeyes or will this be 3rd time is a charm. This Buckeye team is very special and young. I say the Argillians will have the Big Eye this year when they see what has been turned loose on them. This year is the start for a Buckeye onslaught of 3A...Remember the Sage Words of our own Gsquared...Make a mistake & Gilmer will jump on you like a spider monkey...he knows his buisiness.

oldtownag
11-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Let the festivities begin. Will the Argillians make it 3 strikes against the Buckeyes or will this be 3rd time is a charm. This Buckeye team is very special and young. I say the Argillians will have the Big Eye this year when they see what has been turned loose on them. This year is the start for a Buckeye onslaught of 3A...Remember the Sage Words of our own Gsquared...Make a mistake & Gilmer will jump on you like a spider monkey...he knows his buisiness.

See ya buckeye's. It has been fun.

regaleagle
11-24-2012, 12:51 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that the Gilmerites will be attired in all their battle gear for this upcoming game. They'll come from far and wide to watch their boyz slay the Argyllians that have reaped such havoc on their village over the past two years, LOL. Yes, this is WAR, and both teams will bring their best armaments to the battle. Just looking at the weapons of choice, it appears there will be some explosions going off on both fronts, haha.:flaming:

Z's daddy
11-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Sounds like a mirror image of each other. Both teams are young, and very talented. Explosive on offense, and more than capable of playing good defense. Slight (ever so) edge to Argyle, but this game will be determined by which team makes the fewest mistakes. Its cliche, but in a game between two teams as talented as these, it is very true. The team with the fewest TOs and penalties wins this game. Wish I could travel up to watch this game. Good luck to both teams.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know but whichever one it is, will be very tough to beat for the Reg 1 rep.

lostaussie
11-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Fanbase and staff will not have forgotten trash TD to end game last year. A little salt in the wound if you might say. Proud programs like the Buckeyes don't forget things like that........just saying

regaleagle
11-24-2012, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=lostaussie;1720941]Fanbase and staff will not have forgotten trash TD to end game last year. A little salt in the wound if you might say. Proud programs like the Buckeyes don't forget things like that........just saying[/QUOTE

Your fanbase may have thought so, but all Argyle did was call a simple run. If your boyz would not have been calling it quits already, the TD thru the middle would not have happened. Wylie called the same thing on us in WEEK O and scored a TD on a running play from 30 yds. out(very similar) with less than a minute left also. That's football....get over it. Argyle did....just saying.

P.S.> I guess the Gilmerites are looking for all the ammunition they can muster for their boyz in this battle, haha. "Salt in the wound" my foot. Just couldn't lose with dignity, that's all. Your team was beat fair and square....just admit it and move on. I doubt if the players or Coach Traylor will make a big deal out of it. If they do, then Gilmer is surely grasping for straws.

Aesculus gilmus
11-24-2012, 04:58 PM
There are only a few players from last year's Buckeyes on this team, so I think you're right about this one, regaleagle.

bobcat1
11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=lostaussie;1720941]Fanbase and staff will not have forgotten trash TD to end game last year. A little salt in the wound if you might say. Proud programs like the Buckeyes don't forget things like that........just saying[/QUOTE

Your fanbase may have thought so, but all Argyle did was call a simple run. If your boyz would not have been calling it quits already, the TD thru the middle would not have happened. Wylie called the same thing on us in WEEK O and scored a TD on a running play from 30 yds. out(very similar) with less than a minute left also. That's football....get over it. Argyle did....just saying.

P.S.> I guess the Gilmerites are looking for all the ammunition they can muster for their boyz in this battle, haha. "Salt in the wound" my foot. Just couldn't lose with dignity, that's all. Your team was beat fair and square....just admit it and move on. I doubt if the players or Coach Traylor will make a big deal out of it. If they do, then Gilmer is surely grasping for straws.What eve happened to the kind regaleagle that was so humble?;)

regaleagle
11-24-2012, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=regaleagle;1721007]What eve happened to the kind regaleagle that was so humble?;)

Humble pie goes out the window at this juncture against the Gilmerites, bobcat1(LOL). No, it's a deal left over from last season over on smoaky with their posters. I thought they let it go....but apparently they haven't yet, haha. No problemo. Just adding some more spice to the pregame banter, that's all. Trying to charge up our troops as well.

lostaussie
11-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Shouldn't you be at the field house. Hell you know more about Argyle than the coaches. Do they check with you for playcalling:D

regaleagle
11-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Shouldn't you be at the field house. Hell you know more about Argyle than the coaches. Do they check with you for playcalling:D

We let Coach Rodgers and his Staff have carte blanche with the team, lostaussie. "The troops" I'm referring to here are the fanbase and others reading these posts. It all travels downhill, as the Buckeye faithful should well know. Anything we can do as fans to boost support in pregame preparation for the team is a good thing....even if it is only a little banter.

regaleagle
11-24-2012, 06:18 PM
The loss of #11 strong safety Conner Wilson for the rest of the season is a big one for Argyle. He was our 2nd leading tackler for much of the season, and our top secondary ballhawker with 8 interceptions on the year. Fortunately, Coach Rodgers and the Staff will have this week to make the necessary adjustments to fill that spot. When a big loss like this occurs in the middle of a big game like the Gilmer one will be, it's tougher to make those adjustments on the fly. Kudos to Conner for the season he has had. He's only a junior, and we all are hoping for a swift and healthy recovery for him. We are all in your corner, Conner.

I will go with Argyle for no reason whatsoever

bobcat1
11-24-2012, 06:38 PM
The loss of #11 strong safety Conner Wilson for the rest of the season is a big one for Argyle. He was our 2nd leading tackler for much of the season, and our top secondary ballhawker with 8 interceptions on the year. Fortunately, Coach Rodgers and the Staff will have this week to make the necessary adjustments to fill that spot. When a big loss like this occurs in the middle of a big game like the Gilmer one will be, it's tougher to make those adjustments on the fly. Kudos to Conner for the season he has had. He's only a junior, and we all are hoping for a swift and healthy recovery for him. We are all in your corner, Conner.That's a shame. Prayers from me for a speedy recovery.

regaleagle
11-25-2012, 05:23 AM
Word on Conner Wilson's injury is that he dislocated his hip on that big collision with the Melissa running back. I don't know the extent of the injury, or what a dislocated hip needs timewise to heal. I just hope Conner will be up and about soon. My prayers and I'm sure many others from those that were in attendance or have knowledge of the incident are going up for you Conner Wilson. May God place a healing hand over you.

buckeyebob
11-25-2012, 07:53 AM
It is a shame that we will not have the opportunity to release on y'all this year to make it two in a row...best to the Bulldogs on your way to meet our bretheren, the might Kilgore Bulldogs for another 16-3Adouble stomp.

buckeyebob
11-25-2012, 08:07 AM
We are definitley the Underdog...I mean, we were picked fourth in district 16-34...mmmmmm...that did not work out (6-0)...defeating the Mighty Atlanta Wabbits with their Mystical Uniforms (handily I might add)...I am sure the Argyllians are Voodoo Dancing, Mojo Rubbing, & wanting another shot @ the Big Show...the underreated, underappreciated, overacheiving Buckeyes will clean up the mess.

YTBulldogs
11-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Go luck regaleagle. Love to see Argyle back at Cowboys Stadium.

buckeyebob
11-26-2012, 06:35 AM
Where ya going oldtownag?

Tom Foolery
11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
I dont think the Gilmer faithful will be seeking revenge for the late TD last year because none of them were around to see it.

oldtownag
11-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Where ya going oldtownag?

I'm going to see the dawgs again this weekend. Should be a good game vs. Silsbee.

Good luck vs. Argyle. The Bucks might need a little this weekend.

waterboy
11-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Revenge is not the driving factor for this Buckeye team. They don't care what happened LAST year. The only way "revenge" will come into play is if the opportunity arises. Even then I don't think it matters. The Buckeyes just want to WIN against a team they haven't played well against. Argyle was just plain better the last two times they played, but I think this Buckeye team stacks up a lot better against them, and they are healthy. I like the Buckeyes chances this time around.

Grahamcheerdad
11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
I will take Argyle by 3

lostaussie
11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Argyle was just plain better the last two times they played.
Disagree a little. Argyle was head and shoulders better than us 2 years ago. Last year we had the ball with a chance to take the lead late in the game. We made a mistake and they made us pay. Good teams do that. We can play with them, we just need to get the monkey off our back.

ccmom
11-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm going with the Buckeyes.

buckeyebob
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm going to see the dawgs again this weekend. Should be a good game vs. Silsbee.

Good luck vs. Argyle. The Bucks might need a little this weekend.

Aggie Igmo...third time is a charm.

buckeyebob
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Padilla gave 'em 1...

waterboy
11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm going with the Buckeyes.
Smart lady!:kiss: Good luck to the Bulldogs!

I do like our chances this year, regardless of what the consensus is. I know it'll be a tough game, but I think the Buckeyes will find a way to win.

waterboy
11-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Disagree a little. Argyle was head and shoulders better than us 2 years ago. Last year we had the ball with a chance to take the lead late in the game. We made a mistake and they made us pay. Good teams do that. We can play with them, we just need to get the monkey off our back.
When I say they were "just plain better", it means they definitely outplayed us, hence the reason for their winning. I think that if we would've had Luke last year it would probably been a different story, but......., we didn't. Our Buckeyes were a bundle of nerves in that game without Luke's leadership on the field.

buckeyebob
11-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Corn on each little toe has been throbbing since Friday...Kilgore was the last time it hurt like this.

skins4life
11-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Should be a good one. Going with Argyle because of family ties. Ummm, by a Hedlen FG.

LionFan72
11-27-2012, 06:03 AM
One late TD for the Argyle defense to rub a little salt in the wound, 34-24 Eagles in a big win. Sadler is the Stud on this field, watch him run! Gonna be a great game, wish I could be there! Good luck to all and safe travels and an injury free game.

Prayers for the injured Argyle player for a quick and painless recovery.

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Gilmer wins by 1
:cheerl:

GO BUCKEYES!

waterboy
11-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Gilmer wins by 1
:cheerl:

GO BUCKEYES!
1 point would be good enough! I'm hoping for a "little" more breathing room, though. I don't think my heart can take many more of these close games. The Buckeyes have won several close games this season, some in come from behind fashion. A stopped two-point tying conversion against Henderson, and a goal line stand while leading by six with under a minute to play against Kilgore were just a little too scary for this old feller. I will say, though, I expect this game with Argyle to be close, too, and probably could go either way.

lostaussie
11-27-2012, 11:37 AM
I got a feeling they gonna be lots of highs and lows in this one. I hope we end on a high!

firstdown
11-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Argyle 35 Gilmer 21

garciap77
11-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm going with Gilmer! Cause if Argyle makes a mistake, The Buckeyes will jump on them like spider monkeys!!!! GO BUCKEYES!!!:D

Yoe_09
11-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Thoughts & Predictions?

MajorApplehorn
11-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Argyle 38
Gilmer 28, though I want to say 21.

Gilmer thinks Kilgore is the best defense in the state. Argyle's is better. I am allowing for a trash td or 2 at the end.

waterboy
11-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Argyle 38
Gilmer 28, though I want to say 21.

Gilmer thinks Kilgore is the best defense in the state. Argyle's is better. I am allowing for a trash td or 2 at the end.

Wow! Is Argyle that much better than last year? Moving the ball and scoring weren't that much of a problem against them last year. It was turnovers, drops, penalties, and lack of execution, along with an inability to stop Aune defensively last year that kept us from winning. I know Gilmer is better on both sides of the ball this year, but their youth does show up from time to time. We have a BUNCH of juniors and sophomores, and a few freshmen that are playmakers this year. If the Buckeyes can limit mistakes this year, they have an even better shot at taking Argyle down than they did the last two meetings. By the way, that Kilgore team has only given up 88 points in 11 games against some pretty good offensive clubs, and Argyle's defense is better? I highly doubt it.

MajorApplehorn
11-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Argyle gave up 31 to a Wylie team that I believe will beat Stephenville this week in week 1. In their next 11 games, they have given up 79 total, only 72 of that is charged to the defense. They gave up 13 to Kennedale, who scored 556 (46.3 per game) this year. The same Kennedale team scored 24 in their loss to Stephenville. Celina scored 505 (42 ppg) this year. They scored 0 on Argyle's defense at home for the district championship. They gave up 7 to Nolan, who beat Prestonwood, Gilmer's loss.

Gilmer will have some yards. Yards, however, don't show up on the scoreboard. Most of the tds Argyle has given up were long runs or passes that, once seen, were not allowed again. Argyle's defensive starters haven't seen a 4th quarter since week 0. Remember Gilmer scored only 14 two years ago with the amazing Luke Turner, who Argyle knocked out of the game.

Cam
11-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Gotta root for Argyle and ex-Burnet asst. coach Styron!!!....

waterboy
11-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Argyle gave up 31 to a Wylie team that I believe will beat Stephenville this week in week 1. In their next 11 games, they have given up 79 total, only 72 of that is charged to the defense. They gave up 13 to Kennedale, who scored 556 (46.3 per game) this year. The same Kennedale team scored 24 in their loss to Stephenville. Celina scored 505 (42 ppg) this year. They scored 0 on Argyle's defense at home for the district championship. They gave up 7 to Nolan, who beat Prestonwood, Gilmer's loss.

Gilmer will have some yards. Yards, however, don't show up on the scoreboard. Most of the tds Argyle has given up were long runs or passes that, once seen, were not allowed again. Argyle's defensive starters haven't seen a 4th quarter since week 0. Remember Gilmer scored only 14 two years ago with the amazing Luke Turner, who Argyle knocked out of the game.

Wow. They sound scary good........, but I believe we'll show up anyway!:D

ccmom
11-28-2012, 02:17 PM

I like it!!:D

waterboy
11-28-2012, 02:26 PM
I like it!!:D

Yep, I'm pretty sure y'all keep hearing the same type of thing about the "Jackets. I think y'all should show up for that one, too.:D

GO BULLDOGS!!

LionFan72
11-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Think it will be a good and seriously contested game, the loss of the Argyle DB will come into play, but still believe they come away with a victory. Good luck and safe travels to all.

buckeyebob
11-28-2012, 03:01 PM
It all depends on who shows up to play...sophmores especially...put it on the ground & start lacing up your high tops...I say they are there...could be a shocker.

lostaussie
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Wow. They sound scary good........, but I believe we'll show up anyway!:DShaking in my sneekas. :D BTW, where is reaglebarkbark. haven't heard from him in a few days. must be drawing up some new plays:D

LionFan72
11-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Heard he was practicing cracking Buckeyes, lol. :1popcorn:

MajorApplehorn
11-28-2012, 03:27 PM

Not trying to scare you, simply putting forth stats to backup my claim. I realize actual logic is sometimes scary, but that is not the intent...

MajorApplehorn
11-28-2012, 03:30 PM
It all depends on who shows up to play...sophmores especially...put it on the ground & start lacing up your high tops...I say they are there...could be a shocker.

I guess since you are trying to make Gilmer sound extremely young, I better remind you that Argyle only has 8-10 seniors, themselves. If you want a senior-heavy team, watch the Celina game on Friday.

waterboy
11-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Not trying to scare you, simply putting forth stats to backup my claim. I realize actual logic is sometimes scary, but that is not the intent...

Skeared? That's funny. I'm pretty sure our coaches and our Buckeyes are well aware of everything Argyle has done, and have been working overtime to get prepared for this slugfest. We'll definitely show up en masse to watch the show, win or lose. We've been underestimated all year because of our slow start, but we've proven we belong in the mix. Take my word for it.:D

lostaussie
11-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Who is wearing what on Friday?...........both teams look awesome in solid black.

waterboy
11-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Who is wearing what on Friday?...........both teams look awesome in solid black.

If I had to guess, we will be wearing white because we are the visitors..........unless the coaches made some other agreement otherwise.

firstdown
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM

Argyle is BACK IN BLACK :crazy1:

lostaussie
11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Argyle is BACK IN BLACK :crazy1:Well like I said..........those uni's are definately kickin.

buckeyebob
11-28-2012, 07:00 PM
If I had to guess, we will be wearing white because we are the visitors..........unless the coaches made some other agreement otherwise.
We are wearing our whites...does Argyllian blood (or what ever flows) show up on white? What color is it?

firstdown
11-28-2012, 07:12 PM
We are wearing our whites...does Argyllian blood (or what ever flows) show up on white? What color is it?

Ummm...machines don't bleed :D

regaleagle
11-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Hello again, Texas high school playoff football fans. This is gonna be a rock-em, sock-em game with the Gilmerites, believe you me. Those Buckeyes don't like losing at all, and esp. to Argyllians. But Coach Todd Rodgers vs Coach Traylor will be playing a game of chess, checkers, and slam dunk with their respective teams. Both are outstanding coaches with staffs that have prepared their players for a battle like no other game so far this season. Both squads have great talent and depth to draw from. Both teams have top winning programs in 3A the last 10 seasons. Gilmer is the winningest program in 3A the last 10 years, and Argyle is in its 10th season and not far behind. Both programs run the spread with a balance of run and pass on offense. Both programs have a stout defense that severely limits the yardage and points scored by their opponents. Do you have a mirror??? That's what we have here....two teams that almost mirror one another. I believe Argyle wins the special teams play in every category. I believe Gilmer wins the offensive yardage total. But who wins this game ??? Best thing to do is show up and see it for yourself....in all its pagentry and excitement. This game will epitomize what Texas High School Playoff football is all about at the 3A level. It will have all the ingredients of a championship game in Week 13 for Division II, which plays 16 weeks. The winner will have a very good chance to make it all the way to the State Championship game in Jerryworld. I'm almost speechless about this game, except to say GO EAGLES!!! I believe this one with be worth the trip. Good luck to both schools and I will say a prayer before gametime for the health and safety of all in attendance, but esp. the players.

lostaussie
11-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Very well said:clap::clap:

buckeyebob
11-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Very well said:clap::clap:

and that's the truth!

waterboy
11-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Hello again, Texas high school playoff football fans. This is gonna be a rock-em, sock-em game with the Gilmerites, believe you me. Those Buckeyes don't like losing at all, and esp. to Argyllians. But Coach Todd Rodgers vs Coach Traylor will be playing a game of chess, checkers, and slam dunk with their respective teams. Both are outstanding coaches with staffs that have prepared their players for a battle like no other game so far this season. Both squads have great talent and depth to draw from. Both teams have top winning programs in 3A the last 10 seasons. Gilmer is the winningest program in 3A the last 10 years, and Argyle is in its 10th season and not far behind. Both programs run the spread with a balance of run and pass on offense. Both programs have a stout defense that severely limits the yardage and points scored by their opponents. Do you have a mirror??? That's what we have here....two teams that almost mirror one another. I believe Argyle wins the special teams play in every category. I believe Gilmer wins the offensive yardage total. But who wins this game ??? Best thing to do is show up and see it for yourself....in all its pagentry and excitement. This game will epitomize what Texas High School Playoff football is all about at the 3A level. It will have all the ingredients of a championship game in Week 13 for Division II, which plays 16 weeks. The winner will have a very good chance to make it all the way to the State Championship game in Jerryworld. I'm almost speechless about this game, except to say GO EAGLES!!! I believe this one with be worth the trip. Good luck to both schools and I will say a prayer before gametime for the health and safety of all in attendance, but esp. the players.

Amen!

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

Pawdaddy
11-29-2012, 06:54 PM
RegalEagle, that was the best post on this thread! This game should be on the line of the Gilmer/Cuero game a few years back. Big plays from both teams and one or two players from each team coming up with big plays when they absolutely have to have them. Both teams are young and this game should be repeated for the next 2-3 years. I expect some new wrinkles from both coaches that has not been seen this year. I have seen adjustments made by the Gilmer staff following halftimes in games that looked like the Buckeyes were clueless and saw the momentum, and score, turn Gilmer's way. That ability to adjust during the game will be the key to both team's success. I won't make a prediction except to say it should be close. Backing the Buckeys all the way to JerryWorld!

firstdown
11-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Argyle 35 Gilmer 21

GAME DAY.....FINALLY! :1popcorn:

BullBoy
11-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Argyle by 14!

lostaussie
11-30-2012, 10:10 AM
GAME DAY.....FINALLY! :1popcorn:

Nobody with much to say:thinking: I'll say this............we have had a damn good DECADE+ run. The Buckeyes are CHAMPIONS and this TEAM, STAFF and COMMUNITY will not go down without a fight. Believe that!!

waterboy
11-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Nobody with much to say:thinking: I'll say this............we have had a damn good DECADE+ run. The Buckeyes are CHAMPIONS and this TEAM, STAFF and COMMUNITY will not go down without a fight. Believe that!!

You got that right! I EXPECT the Buckeyes to BRING THE WOOD tonight! I still believe the Buckeyes will find a way to win this game. Call it what you will, but it's just a feeling......;)

Aggie98
11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Best of luck to Gilmer from your brothers in Kilgore.

waterboy
11-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Best of luck to Gilmer from your brothers in Kilgore.

Best of luck to y'all, too, although I don't think y'all will need it, lol! Go Ragin' Red!

regaleagle
11-30-2012, 12:25 PM
I personally have the greatest respect for the Gilmer Buckeye football program, and there is no getting around the fact that 16-3A is a highly competitive district in football at the 3A level. But Argyle has consistently been able to play a very competitive game against Gilmer and others in Region 2. Tonite there will be 3 games played by teams from North Texas against these East Texas teams from this district. Will it be a nite of "Doom" for 16-3A? I know the Argyle Eagles will do everything in their power to win this game against the perennial champion of the District of Doom for the 3rd consecutive season. This is one of the finest football programs in all of 3A, no doubt. If Argyle can beat this team in a reloading year, then heads will turn all over the 3A landscape. Not many really want to admit this, so I'm saying it now. And even if the Eagles lose tonite, Coach Rodgers and his staff are to be highly commended for what they have accomplished in the 10 seasons since this school has been playing football. I really at this late date still have no idea who has the upper hand in this matchup, and I seriously doubt anyone else does either. This is what makes for a true playoff matchup between two quality teams and programs. There has been a lack of smack talk on this thread because both towns have that much respect for each others programs. There's really not much else to say, except that this will be a very, very good football game tonite....regardless of who wins or loses. I know the boyz on both squads will play their hearts out and leave everything on the field for their respective schools. I'm hoping for a cleanly played contest with few penalties and exciting plays. We will have a winner tonite....but really both teams are already winners. I luv me some Ian Sadler. GO EAGLES!!!!

firstdown
11-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Enjoy...it seems that everyone is looking forward to this game

http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/2012/11/argyle-vs-gilmer-part-iii.html/

waterboy
11-30-2012, 01:25 PM
You're right, regaleagle. Nobody "really" knows what will happen in tonight's game(s). All we know is that both teams will leave it all on the field and play their hearts out. Neither team wants to lose, that's for sure. Both schools have a proud tradition that 95+% of the state would be extremely elated to have. Argyle definitely has our respect, and we know they are a formidable opponent. We will have to be physical, and execute in every facet of the game, and limit mistakes to win.

By the way, Carthage won the 2010 District of Doom crown, which was our only district loss in the last 12 seasons. We are reloading, too, just as y'all are this year. There is going to be a BUNCH of juniors, sophomores, and even at least one freshman starting for the Buckeyes tonight. The talent is there for this Buckeye team, and they are the fastest group of players we have had since '04 for sure. That doesn't always translate into a win, but it certainly helps our chances in the open field. I'm also praying everybody has a safe trip to and from the game, and that nobody has any major injuries on the field, either. GO BUCKEYES!!!

lostaussie
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
There has been a lack of smack talk on this thread because both towns have that much respect for each others programs. I think you hit the nail on the head. We have lost twice to ya'll but they have been two of the cleanest games I have ever seen. Kudos to the kids on both sides!!

Bullaholic
11-30-2012, 02:02 PM
I personally have the greatest respect for the Gilmer Buckeye football program, and there is no getting around the fact that 16-3A is a highly competitive district in football at the 3A level. But Argyle has consistently been able to play a very competitive game against Gilmer and others in Region 2. Tonite there will be 3 games played by teams from North Texas against these East Texas teams from this district. Will it be a nite of "Doom" for 16-3A? I know the Argyle Eagles will do everything in their power to win this game against the perennial champion of the District of Doom for the 3rd consecutive season. This is one of the finest football programs in all of 3A, no doubt. If Argyle can beat this team in a reloading year, then heads will turn all over the 3A landscape. Not many really want to admit this, so I'm saying it now. And even if the Eagles lose tonite, Coach Rodgers and his staff are to be highly commended for what they have accomplished in the 10 seasons since this school has been playing football. I really at this late date still have no idea who has the upper hand in this matchup, and I seriously doubt anyone else does either. This is what makes for a true playoff matchup between two quality teams and programs. There has been a lack of smack talk on this thread because both towns have that much respect for each others programs. There's really not much else to say, except that this will be a very, very good football game tonite....regardless of who wins or loses. I know the boyz on both squads will play their hearts out and leave everything on the field for their respective schools. I'm hoping for a cleanly played contest with few penalties and exciting plays. We will have a winner tonite....but really both teams are already winners. I luv me some Ian Sadler. GO EAGLES!!!!

Sadler is one of the most complete athletes in 3A. He can beat you a lot of ways.

regaleagle
11-30-2012, 02:16 PM
To injured starters on our defensive unit Brian Kanzaki and Conner Wilson, I just want to let eveyone know you two players are not forgotten tonite as Argyle attempts to win this game against Gilmer without your presence in the line-up. I'm certain the team will have great resolve to dedicate their efforts because of the leadership roles you both have played all season long leading the defensive charge. Thanks for all the hard work. If I left out any other key starters on offense or defense that I am not aware of, I apologize and the same applies for you as well. This has been a surprisingly successful run for this Argyle Eagle team, and I for one am very proud of all these boys. They are all fine young men and set a great example for the youth in and around the community. Go get em Eagles. You are all truly winners in the hearts of your Eagle Fanbase.

poisoned10
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm excited about tonight! Me and my crew are getting ready to leave in the next 30 minutes.

Memorial Stadium has been good to Gilmer in the recent past. Lets hope this year is just as good.

Good luck to both teams tonight, especially Gilmer.

I don't normally do this but I'm going to give Argyle a little tip to Gilmer's success. It's Crisco butter sticks. If you rub a ton of that on your hands, it will give you extra grip on the ball and strength in your hands. I don't know how it works but it does. You guys should definitely try it out tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firstdown
11-30-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm excited about tonight! Me and my crew are getting ready to leave in the next 30 minutes.

Memorial Stadium has been good to Gilmer in the recent past. Lets hope this year is just as good.

I don't normally do this but I'm going to give Argyle a little tip to Gilmer's success. It's Crisco butter sticks. If you rub a ton of that on your hands, it will give you extra grip on the ball and strength in your hands. I don't know how it works but it does. You guys should definitely try it out tonight.

Safe travels friend, good luck to your Buckeyes. Thanks for the tip I'll send a text to Coach Rogers and let him know. :2thumbsup

waterboy
11-30-2012, 03:12 PM

There you go giving away our secrets again! Dang you, poisoned!

pirate4state
11-30-2012, 03:45 PM
go buckeyes!!!! Bring home the "w"

firstdown
11-30-2012, 03:51 PM
go buckeyes!!!! Bring home the "w"

They're gonna go home with a "w" ... a "whupp'n"

poisoned10
11-30-2012, 04:13 PM
Safe travels friend, good luck to your Buckeyes. Thanks for the tip I'll send a text to Coach Rogers and let him know. :2thumbsup

Thanks! I would have called him personally but being a Gilmer fan I figured he would probably assume it was bad advice.

Sent from my iPhone

poisoned10
11-30-2012, 04:15 PM
There you go giving away our secrets again! Dang you, poisoned!

I just don't want anyone to think we have an "unfair advantage."

Sent from my iPhone

regaleagle
11-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Ok here we go. Argyle wins the toss and defers for the 2nd half. Gilmer will take the ball to start the game.

regaleagle
11-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Great weather for the game. Argyle is home team in all black and Gilmer the visitor in all white tonite. Approx. 85 degrees and will cool down a little.

regaleagle
11-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Hedland's kick 2 yds deep into the endzone is run out to the 24 by Chase Tate of the Buckeyes. 1st and 10.

Buckeye1980
11-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Gilmer 27 Argyle 14 with 2 min left in 3rd

Buckeye1980
11-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Gilmer 27 Argyle 14 end of 3rd...Gilmer driving

Buckeye1980
11-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Gilmer 35 Argyle 14 with 4:55 left in game

Buckeye1980
11-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Gilmer 42 Argyle 14 with 3:14 left in game

Buckeye1980
11-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Gilmer 42 Argyle 21 FINAL The ARMY of BUCKEYES move on.....

regaleagle
11-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Congratulations to the Gilmer Buckeyes on a decisive win tonite over the Argyle Eagles. I kinda figured Argyle needed to play their best to win tonite, and they didn't. Too many mistakes and a good Gilmer Buckeye team capitalizing at every moment like spiders on a monkey, or something like that, haha.

defense51
11-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Congrats Gilmer!

poisoned10
11-30-2012, 11:45 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think Gilmer would beat Argyle. Especially after the way the game started.

For this team to be playing for the Region 2 Championship next week speaks volumes for how good these coaches are and how talented this team truly can be. I promise there isn't 1 Gilmer fan that believed we would be where we are the way our season started.

Congrats Buckeyes! You guys played a hell of a game tonight and made this entire town proud!

To brag on myself a little, a few people came up to me after the game and told me they had just as much fun watching me as they did watching the game tonight. That was about as animated and loud as I have ever been during a game! It was a ton of fun.

Sent from my iPhone

LionFan72
12-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Congrats to the Buckeyes on a convincing win, and congrats to Argyle on an amazing season, nobody thought you would get this far, except maybe you guys in the hardhats!

bobcat1
12-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Congrats Gilmer on a great win! Congrats to our district mate Argyle on a heck of a year!

pirate4state
12-01-2012, 01:40 AM
They're gonna go home with a "w" ... a "whupp'n"

hahaha what's that ??? lmao

buckeyebob
12-01-2012, 02:51 AM
Congratulations to the Gilmer Buckeyes on a decisive win tonite over the Argyle Eagles. I kinda figured Argyle needed to play their best to win tonite, and they didn't. Too many mistakes and a good Gilmer Buckeye team capitalizing at every moment like spiders on a monkey, or something like that, haha.

regaleagle...I know you wanna be a Buckeye...come on out and get on the train...next Friday...Lobo Stadium

toddg
12-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Hmmm...where is Loins88...guess he is skeerd of Gilmer! I bet lions70 will be here shortly though!

regaleagle
12-01-2012, 12:01 PM
regaleagle...I know you wanna be a Buckeye...come on out and get on the train...next Friday...Lobo Stadium

Yep, you just gotta love a team like the Gilmer Buckeyes and the Argyle Eagles. Everybody loves winners don't they. I'll be throwing my support as an Argyle poster behind my Region 2 brethren, for sure. As far as Gilmer vs. Henneson, I feel much more attached to the Buckeyes since we have had our batttles together these last three seasons and have yet to even play the Lions. GO BUCKEYES!!!

bignasty55
12-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Congrats to Gilmer on the Win. Argyle showed some grit last night, Gilmer just proved to be too much to handle down the stretch.

garciap77
12-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Congrats!!!!!

firstdown
12-03-2012, 04:20 PM
hahaha what's that ??? lmao

I was almost right, they did go home but it was after the whupp'n they gave us. Good Luck Gilmer! Bring it home boys.

waterboy
12-03-2012, 04:52 PM
I was almost right, they did go home but it was after the whupp'n they gave us. Good Luck Gilmer! Bring it home boys.

Surprise! I tried to tell y'all I had a feeling Gilmer was gonna win. Oh......., wait........., I did tell y'all that! Y'all didn't listen....... I didn't think it would end up like it did, but I did feel like we would win.

Glad to see you come back and give kudos, firstdown! Y'all are welcome to follow us now. Argyle is a class act. If you want to come to a Buckeye game, let me know and I'll get you a Buckeye shirt to wear.:D