PDA

View Full Version : Region I REGIONAL GotW: Stephenville(10-1) Vs. Abilene Wylie(12-0)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 06:18 PM
I know it is early, but I believe it'll happen.

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I'll start

Stephenville - 66
Wylie - 7

bobcat1
11-23-2012, 06:33 PM
I'll start

Stephenville - 66
Wylie - 7Wow!

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Sv 42
aw 28

ccmom
11-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Ville D used to really get under my skin but after I met her I realized she's harmless.

;)

Ville by as much as they want. 50's to 20's
About like the game today

I will be looking for someone who wants to do a friendly wager. No one will because that would be stupid but I will be waiting patiently.

bobcat1
11-23-2012, 07:05 PM
Ville by as much as they want. 50's to 20's
About like the game today

I will be looking for someone who wants to do a friendly wager. No one will because that would be stupid but I will be waiting patiently.
All I can say is WOW!

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Ville D used to really get under my skin but after I met her I realized she's harmless.

;)

Funny.

M-town lobo fan
11-23-2012, 09:57 PM
With Glen Rose & Alvarado getting put out of the playoffs with ease..Makes me wonder if that district was overrated? Hmmm!!!AW chances are very good

Pendragon13
11-23-2012, 10:04 PM
I hope the Ville players and coaches are thinking just like the fans..;)

Ville-D
11-23-2012, 10:06 PM
I hope the Ville players and coaches are thinking just like the fans..;)

Fortunately they aren't.

hollywood
11-23-2012, 10:10 PM
With Glen Rose & Alvarado getting put out of the playoffs with ease..Makes me wonder if that district was overrated? Hmmm!!!AW chances are very good

Easy to pick on with all the smoke blown all season I know. It's all subjective at this point. By score analyzing, your comment would make since.

*At this point, the W's are all that matters moving forward. Everyone knows injuries, preparation and executing game plans are all vital factors each week. Some teams can and some teams can't. Props to coaching staffs and teams that can.

Pendragon13
11-23-2012, 10:14 PM
All chest beating aside, I think we can say that the winner of this game likely gets to hoist the trophy in the deathstar this December..

Lion70
11-23-2012, 10:17 PM
I love for nothing more than to see Ville and kilgore get beat next week.

hollywood
11-23-2012, 10:18 PM

Why?

vtskneb
11-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Wylie's ability to throw the ball will dictate the outcome of the game IMO

Ranger Mom
11-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I voted for AW simply because a couple of the Ville posters are reminding me of Rocket!! Nothing more and nothing less!! :kiss:

Well....the fact that I really like ccmom and AW is in our district adds to the equation too!!

toddg
11-23-2012, 10:58 PM
I voted for AW simply because a couple of the Ville posters are reminding me of Rocket!! Nothing more and nothing less!! :kiss:

Well....the fact that I really like ccmom and AW is in our district adds to the equation too!!
"And I think it's gonna be a long long time
Till touch down brings him round again to find
he's not the man they think he is at home
Oh no no no he's a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up there alone"

hollywood
11-23-2012, 11:01 PM

LOL.. Cheers to you Ranger Mom.

Sville
11-23-2012, 11:03 PM

You can wish in one hand and you know what in the other and see which one fills up the fastest.

bearbear78
11-23-2012, 11:50 PM
AW 42
Ville 31

ccmom
11-23-2012, 11:51 PM
See you suckers Friday in Wichita Falls. Go Dawgs!

Sville
11-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Wylie has had a nice run but it ends Friday. The best team will win.

Tick Tock

Ranger Mom
11-23-2012, 11:55 PM
See you suckers Friday in Wichita Falls. Go Dawgs!

I was looking for the "like" button!! :doh:

Saggy Aggie
11-23-2012, 11:58 PM
All chest beating aside, I think we can say that the winner of this game likely gets to hoist the trophy in the deathstar this December..

Hahaha forgetting El Campo? Carthage?

The winner of that game will be waiting in Dallas...

Texasfootball2
11-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Ive seen both teams. Both have really good offenses. Wylie plays much better defense than Stephenville. This will be the difference. Dawgs 35-21 :2thumbsup

83Indian
11-24-2012, 12:12 AM

With ease?

Sville
11-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Ive seen both teams. Both have really good offenses. Wylie plays much better defense than Stephenville. This will be the difference. Dawgs 35-21 :2thumbsup

You need glasses then.

That is also the funniest thing I have seen in a while, Wylie holding Sville to 21.

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I wish I could go to this game

franz
11-24-2012, 01:03 AM
You need glasses then.

That is also the funniest thing I have seen in a while, Wylie holding Sville to 21.

At least Texasfootball's glasses are not rose colored

hollywood
11-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Some funny posts on here tonight. Must be delirious with turkey hangovers. Lol

hollywood
11-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Stephenville OWNS Wylie in football. End of the road Dawgs!

ccmom
11-24-2012, 01:49 AM
I wish I could go to this game

Come on! I'll save you a seat!

Old LB
11-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Will there be a link to listen in?

bobcat1
11-24-2012, 07:15 AM
I'm thinking on making this game. If G2 comes he needs to sit with Stephenville.:taunt:

Really? About the same as the 3 D1 D players for Kennedale who got mud stomped. Sville broke records against that team yesterday and I dont mean for the year. Sville owns Wylie and before its over 3A Champions.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 08:51 AM
I think AW will pose some challenges to SV's defense with the balanced attack. We know that SV's defense isn't their strength. But let me say that they are good and have risen to the occassion when needed and have stepped up strong against any challenge all season. Nothing new next week.

To me, it's another battle of the trenches. SV has won 10 straight against some that were bigger. Nothing new.

IMO, this is looking like it will be a classic. AW is about to see how a spread offense is suppose to execute. ;)

J2M2SR
11-24-2012, 09:13 AM
I think AW will pose some challenges to SV's defense with the balanced attack. We know that SV's defense isn't their strength. But let me say that they are good and have risen to the occassion when needed and have stepped up strong against any challenge all season. Nothing new next week.

To me, it's another battle of the trenches. SV has won 10 straight against some that were bigger. Nothing new.

IMO, this is looking like it will be a classic. AW is about to see how a spread offense is suppose to execute. ;)

And defensively they continue to get better ! I saw a spark yesterday from kids who don't normally spark! They know what's at stake and they are stepping up and getting better! I won't say we are blowing Wylie out....they are good, But I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!!!!!!

Rattler
11-24-2012, 09:21 AM
AW will roll Stephenville like Graham rolled Glen Rose last night!! Mark it down! 31-24 final score.

Hendo
11-24-2012, 09:26 AM

And people in hell love for nothing more than some ice water, but they aren't getting it either.

J2M2SR
11-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Defensively the Jackets continue to get better week to week! I saw sparks in kids yesterday you don't usually see sparks in ! Those kids know what is at stake and are getting better ! NOTHING has been handed to them, they have earned what hey have gotten!
Offensively.......all I can say is holy crap......Jones/Gunter/Stidham/Sanchez/ Morrison/ Westbrook.......take your pick.....they will not be denied.....DECEPTIVELY fast! Put on a show for some D1 commits yesterday! Awesome!!!!

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Wylie fans know how good Stephenville is. Stephenville fans don't yet understand how good Wylie is. If you don't respect AW as an entire sports program, you should not be allowed to post on this forum. They have earned respect so please show respect!

Hendo
11-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Wylie fans know how good Stephenville is. Stephenville fans don't yet understand how good Wylie is. If you don't respect AW as an entire sports program, you should not be allowed to post on this forum. They have earned respect so please show respect!

BlahBlahBlah :spitlol:

Pendragon13
11-24-2012, 09:57 AM
I find it funny how the Jacket fans really believe this Wylie team is the same as last year. :wave: This group of players worked their butts off over the off-season, and some of our real weapons were on JV last year. They won't be intimidated...just like they weren't scared of facing a state finalist (with a good amount of returning players) on the road to start the season.

Yes, this game will likely be our toughest challenge so far...but not our only challenge. This bunch has performed well against some really good teams this year. (we don't play a far-west Texas schedule btw :) )

franz
11-24-2012, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=Ville;1720769]Really? About the same as the 3 D1 D players for Kennedale who got mud stomped. Sville broke records against that team yesterday and I dont mean for the year. Sville owns Wylie and before its over 3A Champions.[/QUOTE

You mean they work out at D1? I hope they don't play defensive back and are not heading to my alma matar

ctown81
11-24-2012, 10:08 AM
For the record. Stephenville vs Wylie is not for the state title. There is a VERY could chance a team named Carthage will be waiting for either one.

vtskneb
11-24-2012, 10:39 AM
I fully expect Wylie to be better. Just remember Wylie will not be the only team on the field that has gotten better since last September. I personally think it comes down to Wylie making or not making plays in the passing game. If they can it will be decided in the final possession of the game.

lv2937
11-24-2012, 11:45 AM
the taunting calls will hurt stephenville in this game. Stephenville will have more flags thrown on them tham Wylie. the refs will be ready for the taunting calss and all the hands to the face calls that hasnt been called in the last two games. the flags will kill the ville

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I'll start

Stephenville - 66
Wylie - 7

Hahaha!! One should not smoke crack and post! I think the DL has a rule about this!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

jason
11-24-2012, 11:52 AM
the taunting calls will hurt stephenville in this game. Stephenville will have more flags thrown on them tham Wylie. the refs will be ready for the taunting calss and all the hands to the face calls that hasnt been called in the last two games. the flags will kill the ville

bitter much?

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Man!! Talk about shaking things up, that would sure do it!!

Go # 5

SilsbeeFan
11-24-2012, 11:55 AM
UMMMMM.......Carthage has to get by Silsbbe firtst:2thumbsup

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 11:55 AM
AW will roll Stephenville like Graham rolled Glen Rose last night!! Mark it down! 31-24 final score.

Let it be written, let it be done!!!

Go # 5

garciap77
11-24-2012, 11:57 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Funny-English-Bulldog-Pics%20Honeybee%20copy_zpsf3b63130.jpg
P.S. Thanks for the pic Rattler!:)

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 11:58 AM
I was looking for the "like" button!! :doh:

We really need one on here!!! See what you can do please!!! That was awesome!!

Go # 5

Sville
11-24-2012, 12:20 PM
AW and their fans have no idea what is coming down upon them this Friday.

ccmom
11-24-2012, 12:38 PM

As long as it's not crickets, I'm good!

ccmom
11-24-2012, 12:39 PM

As long as it's not crickets, I'm good!

Double post but that's ok because I really meant it!!! ;)

slingshot
11-24-2012, 12:39 PM
SV and their fans have no idea what is coming down upon them this Friday.There... fixed it for you.

Sville
11-24-2012, 12:49 PM
I have a very good idea what we are going against in WF. First an extremely well coached football team, 2nd the best and most balanced offense we have seen, and 3rd a program with great tradition like Sville. Programs like ours know how to turn it up a level come this time of year. It is going to be a great atmosphere, and regardless of who wins we should feel privileged to be fans of programs like this.

ccmom
11-24-2012, 01:02 PM
A Stephenville poster (vstkneb I think) posted earlier in the week that after Kennedale, Stephenville's next two games would be easier. Interesting outlook. We shall see...

Ville-D
11-24-2012, 01:19 PM
What I heard this AM...

Wylie has a great team. They play solid fundamental football on both sides of the ball, they are a well coached and have great bunch of kids. On offense they are pretty balanced, keep you guessing and they protect the ball well. On defense they fly to the ball and do an outstanding job of tackling. Their front 7 can really give you nightmares so we will have to stay on top of them and execute our game plan. We have to slow down their offense and force a few 3 & outs. We also need force them to do things on offense that they are not as comfortable with then I believe we can create a few opportunities for turnovers. We have to go out and play our game and keep their offense from dictating the flow of the game. We need to put together a few long drives to give our defense a chance to rest when possible. We have to do a better job on special teams - especially on our KO returns and minimize penalties. Our success depends on our ability to execute our game plan and not go in expecting anybody to just hand us a trophy because we are Stephenville. Victory's are earned not given away for free.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Funny how Graham posters get in here and rib Stephenville any chance they get but if someone goes onto their thread and doesn't pick them to win, they get all kinds of bent out of shape. LOL!

Good stuff

vtskneb
11-24-2012, 01:38 PM
A Stephenville poster (vstkneb I think) posted earlier in the week that after Kennedale, Stephenville's next two games would be easier. Interesting outlook. We shall see...

Yes we will

Sville
11-24-2012, 01:39 PM

I will say this with all due respect to region 2 the winner will not face an opponent in the semi's as stout as the one they are facing this Friday. IMHO.

ctown81
11-24-2012, 01:39 PM
UMMMMM.......Carthage has to get by Silsbbe firtst:2thumbsup

I only said we have a very good chance of facing one of them. Trust me, Silsbee definitely have my respect.

Sville
11-24-2012, 01:48 PM
One thing I do like about facing Wylie this week is the ARN covers the Bulldogs well and I won't have to be an investigative reporter to get stats on them for my weekly article.

toddg
11-24-2012, 01:53 PM
shut down #88(Aledo tried that)...#1 will get you(killed Aledo)..play 2 deep zone and #10, #23, and #38 have big day...wanna blitz? go ahead, #2 can handle it..he is very good on the hot read, the recievers are too...oh and #2 can run, very adept with the zone read..try hitting the QB, making them pay for every gain, and being very physical on both sides of the ball, or executing an 18 play 9 min. scoring drive..well, thats what we did....still ended up with the big fat "L"....
Stephenville has been waiting for the heat to be turned up on the dancing chicken, thing is..it'll just dance better.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 02:00 PM
shut down #88(Aledo tried that)...#1 will get you(killed Aledo)..play 2 deep zone and #10, #23, and #38 have big day...wanna blitz? go ahead, #2 can handle it..he is very good on the hot read, the recievers are too...oh and #2 can run, very adept with the zone read..try hitting the QB, making them pay for every gain, and being very physical on both sides of the ball, or executing an 18 play 9 min. scoring drive..well, thats what we did....still ended up with the big fat "L"....
Stephenville has been waiting for the heat to be turned up on the dancing chicken, thing is..it'll just dance better.

I love this post. All accurate except #22 and not #23. #23 is kick returner and CB. Good post toddg!

toddg
11-24-2012, 02:17 PM
I love this post. All accurate except #22 and not #23. #23 is kick returner and CB. Good post toddg!

any questions about #2s or the Jacket's toughness were answered loud and clear against Alvarado, cause we brought the wood..but what do i know, iv been watching basketball!! LOL!

Hendo
11-24-2012, 02:51 PM

And you know this how??

Hendo
11-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Funny how Graham posters get in here and rib Stephenville any chance they get but if someone goes onto their thread and doesn't pick them to win, they get all kinds of bent out of shape. LOL!

Good stuff

That ain't no joke. You shoulda seen the response I got when I just asked one of them "What is Graham good at?" Im still looking for the rest of my rear end. "Teste" little steers aren't they?

ccmom
11-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Who is the home team?

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 05:22 PM

Good stuff

You use the term "posters"pretty loosely

Go # 5

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 05:33 PM
To quote a Hollywood star " don't get all bent out of shape because someone thinks another team will win"!!!
Wylie takes this one!! Because I like them, not because you don't!!!

Go # 5

Sville
11-24-2012, 05:55 PM

I can except that. I think Stephenville will win b/c we are just better.

I think Stephenville will win.
In all seriousness if I were looking for a school for my children to attend and had never lived in Stephenville I would probably pick Wylie. Class act people with class act kids. Good in sports football and basketball is equal. Hell of a school and damn nice fans.
I think win or loose they have a lot to be proud of. (love living in Stephenville)

Can't wait until Coaches for the cure night in basketball to have so many fine people gathered in one gym for a great teacher.
Once Stephenville and Wylie football season is over both teams will dominate in basketball just the same they have in football. Neither is Yates but who would want to be. I will take first class people over the Yates crowd all day long.

Deuce
11-24-2012, 06:10 PM
This will for sure be Region 1 game of the week. Might be GOTY. I will say that whoever wins will be D1 champs! Mark it down.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 06:29 PM
To quote a Hollywood star " don't get all bent out of shape because someone thinks another team will win"!!!

Go # 5

Good post inmate boss. I like Abilene Wylie. Great program and a very good team this year. I can respect your opinion in thinking they will win.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 06:30 PM

Go # 5

Good post inmate boss. I like Abilene Wylie. Great program and a very good team this year. I can respect your opinion in thinking they will win.

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 06:46 PM
I can except that. I think Stephenville will win b/c we are just better.

How about this, IF Wylie doesn't win, I hope y'all take it all!!! And that's a big IF!!

Go # 5

slingshot
11-24-2012, 06:59 PM
How about this, IF Wylie doesn't win, I hope y'all take it all!!! And that's a big IF!!

Go # 5Same here. I think Wylie will win (hey, I'm a homer... ) but if not I hope S'ville shows the east TX boys how it's done!

LHPfactory
11-24-2012, 07:10 PM
How many points have each teams Defense allowed per game?

I believe if one of these teams has a far better defense , they will win, I know Sville has a potent offense, but what are the defenses looking like?

defense51
11-24-2012, 07:22 PM
That ain't no joke. You shoulda seen the response I got when I just asked one of them "What is Graham good at?" Im still looking for the rest of my rear end. "Teste" little steers aren't they?

Nice touch Hendo, that actually made me laugh out loud. :spitlol:

hollywood
11-24-2012, 07:35 PM

I believe if one of these teams has a far better defense , they will win, I know Sville has a potent offense, but what are the defenses looking like?

That really isn't a good factor to assess. One could look at those stats but it really wouldn't be accurate enough to decide a prediction. Both teams have totally different schedules and strength of teams. It's more about how the 2 match up. Size, speed, execution.

lv2937
11-24-2012, 07:38 PM
And you know this how??

lots of calls to the uil.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 07:41 PM

Go # 5

What makes you think they will win?

Hendo
11-24-2012, 07:49 PM

Is Burnet really that big of sore losers that ya'll have to call the UIL crying because you got it handed to you. Or was it because Stephenville was hitting too hard? I could hear yall crying about that all the way across the stadium. It was a clean hit. POW!!!

ccmom
11-24-2012, 07:53 PM

According to the Abilene Reporter News....

Stephenville Defense has given up 20.36 ppg and 3333 total yards (11 games)
Wylie Defense has given up 13.42 ppg and 2417 total yards (12 games)

Stephenville Offense has scored 43.45 ppg and gained 5015 total yards (11 games)
Wylie Offense has scored 40.50 ppg and gained 4887 total yards (12 games)

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/400/

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/751/

lv2937
11-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Is Burnet really that big of sore losers that ya'll have to call the UIL crying because you got it handed to you. Or was it because Stephenville was hitting too hard? I could hear yall crying about that all the way across the stadium. It was a clean hit. POW!!!who said it was the burnet people. the better team won that night. your coach even saiid there was to much taunting going on and alot of the players will be doing alot of running monday.

Hendo
11-24-2012, 07:54 PM
So, all trash talking aside for just a moment. Who are the AW studs that Stephenville will be keying on? I think most members are already pretty familiar with Stephenvilles studs. What is AW bringing to the table?

Hendo
11-24-2012, 07:59 PM
who said it was the burnet people. the better team won that night. your coach even saiid there was to much taunting going on and alot of the players will be doing alot of running monday.

It was just an assumption. IMO, that is were it should stay is in the coaches hands. Not crybaby calls to the UIL. And I really dont think a phone call to the UIL will do alot to change how the refs call the games. Im sure they put alot of trust and confidence that the UIL refs are gonna do what they have been trainded to do.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 08:01 PM
who said it was the burnet people. the better team won that night. your coach even saiid there was to much taunting going on and alot of the players will be doing alot of running monday.

:hijacktd:

Go post that crap on the Stephenville vs Burnet thread. This is a Stephenville vs Abilene Wylie thread! Get over it!! Wow

Pendragon13
11-24-2012, 08:11 PM
So, all trash talking aside for just a moment. Who are the AW studs that Stephenville will be keying on? I think most members are already pretty familiar with Stephenvilles studs. What is AW bringing to the table?If by "most members" you mean other S'ville posters and some from other teams in your district..then yes, but otherwise that was pretty arrogant. If you want numbers you can browse the stats link provided earlier in the thread, but I can tell you that Wylie doesn't rely on "studs"...because anyone can be the star player on any given play. QB play is solid, 4 RB's that can all get it done, best O-line Wylie has ever had, (imo) and defense that is equal to the 09 finalist team...but probably has more interceptions and tackles for loss. Any other questions?

Sville
11-24-2012, 08:11 PM

You are a liar. And dont take the bait Sville peeps. Let the trolls stay under the bridge

ccmom
11-24-2012, 08:14 PM
:hijacktd:

Go post that crap on the Stephenville vs Burnet thread. This is a Stephenville vs Abilene Wylie thread! Get over it!! Wow

I gotta agree. Let it go, sugar...let it go.

dr88
11-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Can't vote but S'ville wins. Base this on two things the S'ville offense and the reaction to S'ville by the Wylie scouts in the press box Fri at MW not saying they looked worried but they did not look happy.

Pendragon13
11-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Can't vote but S'ville wins. Base this on two things the S'ville offense and the reaction to S'ville by the Wylie scouts in the press box Fri at MW not saying they looked worried but they did not look happy.Scouts are rarely happy to be watching other teams while their school is playing somewhere else. ;)

dr88
11-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Well they sure were yucking it up and smiles before the game started.

Well they sure were yucking it up and smiles before the game started.

I bet that changed fast.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Stephenville will be the best team Abilene Wylie has faced by far. Coaches and players both know it. Abilene Wylie will be the best team Stephenville has faced by far. More complete team than Aledo IMO.

Can't wait for this one. Tailgate?

M&G for sure. I need my ccmom GarciaP77 fix!!

toddg
11-24-2012, 08:35 PM

Go # 5

thats a pretty big "IF" but really..the bigger "IF"is IF Stephenville doesnt win...but its all subjective, nothing to get upset about..
i personally think the Jackets will win, does it mean much? nah! im ranked 22 on the D1 pick'em bracket..i pretty much suck when it comes to picking HS sports and i have not seen AW play this year..and the whole nation is upset about there not being any ho-hos and dingdongs, twinkies, and cupcakes around anymore...fruit pie the magician must be livid right now!

bobcat1
11-24-2012, 08:43 PM
thats a pretty big "if" but really..the bigger "if"is if stephenville doesnt win...but its all subjective, nothing to get upset about..
I personally think the jackets will win, does it mean much? Nah! Im ranked 22 on the d1 pick'em bracket..i pretty much suck when it comes to picking hs sports and i have not seen aw play this year..and the whole nation is upset about there not being any ho-hos and dingdongs, twinkies, and cupcakes around anymore...fruit pie the magician must be livid right now!
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sville
11-24-2012, 08:46 PM
thats a pretty big "IF" but really..the bigger "IF"is IF Stephenville doesnt win...but its all subjective, nothing to get upset about..
i personally think the Jackets will win, does it mean much? nah! im ranked 22 on the D1 pick'em bracket..i pretty much suck when it comes to picking HS sports and i have not seen AW play this year..and the whole nation is upset about there not being any ho-hos and dingdongs, twinkies, and cupcakes around anymore...fruit pie the magician must be livid right now!

LOL that was a classic

CP3Dad
11-24-2012, 08:54 PM
I have seen both (Wylie vs. Graham & Stephenville vs. Kennedale), and I will not be missing this one. I must bypass Graham vs. Greenwood to do so, but this is a classic. Two great programs, plenty of solid players...the "big bad wolf" vs. the "little engine that could". The unbiased fan generally roots for the underdog, so I'll cheer for the Bulldogs, but I really like watching the Jackets play too. Glad there's no pressure on me, sounds like some of you will implode by Friday. Best of luck and be safe travelling to WF.

Hendo
11-24-2012, 09:02 PM
If by "most members" you mean other S'ville posters and some from other teams in your district..then yes, but otherwise that was pretty arrogant. If you want numbers you can browse the stats link provided earlier in the thread, but I can tell you that Wylie doesn't rely on "studs"...because anyone can be the star player on any given play. QB play is solid, 4 RB's that can all get it done, best O-line Wylie has ever had, (imo) and defense that is equal to the 09 finalist team...but probably has more interceptions and tackles for loss. Any other questions?
There was no arrogance in that question at all. That is the reason I put "all trash talking aside". It just seems that most of the posters on this thread are commonly involved in other threads about the Ville. Maybe you and the Graham folks should go start a "I hate Stephenville" thread. Sheesh what's with the chip on everybodies shoulder?

slingshot
11-24-2012, 09:02 PM
So, all trash talking aside for just a moment. Who are the AW studs that Stephenville will be keying on? I think most members are already pretty familiar with Stephenvilles studs. What is AW bringing to the table?Several. RB #33 is very quick and shifty, stronger than you think--spark plug on offense. QB absolutely does not get rattled, has a strong arm--accurate out to 50 yds in the air, makes great/quick reads and moves well laterally to escape pressure, not really a running threat. WR #14 is fast and routinely makes acrobatic catches--if he gets behind the DB's, he's gone. RG #50 is an absolute beast--6'3", 290 lbs and is an outside LB or safety's worst nightmare on sweeps/screens when he pulls... devastating blocker. DE #38 is good sized--6'3", 210 lbs and is a matchup nightmare, too fast for OL--too big/strong for RB's to block. He has lived in the offensive backfield all year. The opposite DE #89 is a 15 y/o Sophomore (6'4", 225 lbs) and has really stepped it up the last 5-6 weeks. 2 very good corners--I know they will be severely tested by Ginter and Co... this may be the most important matchup of the game. Our O-line truly is the heart of the team and has controlled the line of scrimmage in every game this year. Overall big, strong and fairly quick... they will have to do it again Friday for us to have a chance.

Hendo
11-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Several. RB #33 is very quick and shifty, stronger than you think--spark plug on offense. QB absolutely does not get rattled, has a strong arm--accurate out to 50 yds in the air, makes great/quick reads and moves well laterally to escape pressure, not really a running threat. WR #14 is fast and routinely makes acrobatic catches--if he gets behind the DB's, he's gone. RG #50 is an absolute beast--6'3", 290 lbs and is an outside LB or safety's worst nightmare on sweeps/screens when he pulls... devastating blocker. DE #38 is good sized--6'3", 210 lbs and is a matchup nightmare, too fast for OL--too big/strong for RB's to block. He has lived in the offensive backfield all year. The opposite DE #89 is a 15 y/o Sophomore (6'4", 225 lbs) and has really stepped it up the last 5-6 weeks. 2 very good corners--I know they will be severely tested by Ginter and Co... this may be the most important matchup of the game. Our O-line truly is the heart of the team and has controlled the line of scrimmage in every game this year. Overall big, strong and fairly quick... they will have to do it again Friday for us to have a chance.
Thanks for the cival and informative reply! Sounds like this is going to be a very exciting game.

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Same here. I think Wylie will win (hey, I'm a homer... ) but if not I hope S'ville shows the east TX boys how it's done!

Man I started to drag them east Texas guys into it but talked myself out of it!!!
But that would be sweet!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 09:23 PM
What makes you think they will win?

CCmom said so!! And that's good enough for me!! And she has the negatives !!!! Lol

Go # 5

Ville-D
11-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I have seen both (Wylie vs. Graham & Stephenville vs. Kennedale), and I will not be missing this one. I must bypass Graham vs. Greenwood to do so, but this is a classic. Two great programs, plenty of solid players...the "big bad wolf" vs. the "little engine that could". The unbiased fan generally roots for the underdog, so I'll cheer for the Bulldogs, but I really like watching the Jackets play too. Glad there's no pressure on me, sounds like some of you will implode by Friday. Best of luck and be safe travelling to WF.

Aren't we the underdog? Big bad #2 vs little ole #3.

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 09:32 PM

Man if we weren't playing that night there is a ton of people that would be at that game!!! It will be a slobberknockering!!!!

Go # 5

Sville
11-24-2012, 09:38 PM
The Jackets better be ready for some trickeration. Sandifer seems to always have a few up his sleeve in these type of ball games.

CP3Dad
11-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Aren't we the underdog? Big bad #2 vs little ole #3.

Yeah, but you guys beat Glen Rose. Anybody that beats Glen Rose this year gets extra credit (<<<Biased opinion of a Steer)....

CP3Dad
11-24-2012, 09:45 PM
btw, was that Freshman, JV and Varsity suited out at Mineral Wells? Just curious, seemed like a lot to deal with on the sidelines.

toddg
11-24-2012, 09:51 PM
The Jackets better be ready for some trickeration. Sandifer seems to always have a few up his sleeve in these type of ball games.

so does Gillespie...

ccmom
11-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah, but you guys beat Glen Rose. Anybody that beats Glen Rose this year gets extra credit (<<<Biased opinion of a Steer)....
But what about the team that beat the team that beat GR? Hmmm...if Wylie wins Friday they will have beaten two teams that beat GR!!

Welcome to the board. :)

hollywood
11-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Sville, Jackets haven't shown much other than the bread and butter plays all year. I'm sure Coach G and crew will open up the play book if needed this week. ;)

hollywood
11-24-2012, 09:58 PM
btw, was that Freshman, JV and Varsity suited out at Mineral Wells? Just curious, seemed like a lot to deal with on the sidelines.

Varsity, JV, and a few frosh

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Stephenville is EAST of Abilene. Next thread lol

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 10:18 PM
But what about the team that beat the team that beat GR? Hmmm...if Wylie wins Friday they will have beaten two teams that beat GR!!

Welcome to the board. :)

Set the hook, set the hook!!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-24-2012, 10:20 PM
CCmom said so!! And that's good enough for me!! And she has the negatives !!!! Lol

Go # 5

Whatever floats you boat! Lol

Have you had the chance to watch Stephenville this season?

ccmom
11-24-2012, 10:26 PM

Have you had a chance to watch Wylie?

Cheers, by the way!!

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 10:26 PM

No, I would like to, but we play Friday too so after this weekend I'm not going to get to!! But there is always next year !! Y'all get another year in 3A right!!!

Go # 5

franz
11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Can't vote but S'ville wins. Base this on two things the S'ville offense and the reaction to S'ville by the Wylie scouts in the press box Fri at MW not saying they looked worried but they did not look happy.

Man, Is there any Stephenville posters that aren't full of themselves. Our scouts looked worried - Thats funny

dr88
11-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Man, Is there any Stephenville posters that aren't full of themselves. Our scouts looked worried - Thats funny

I said they did'nt look happy, but they must be worried becuse you sent between 15 to 20 scouts

ccmom
11-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I said they did'nt look happy, but they must be worried becuse you sent between 15 to 20 scouts

Only 15-20? Guess they took the small plane then. That explains why they didn't look happy.

Tejastrue
11-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Only 15-20? Guess they took the small plane then.

:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

Roughneck93
11-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Only 15-20? Guess they took the small plane then. That explains why they didn't look happy.

Lol...:fnypost:

toddg
11-24-2012, 11:36 PM

those werent scouts..those were wylie boosters trying to bribe Sville and UIL officials to move the game to Brownwood...wylie scouts with unmanned drones!

Sville
11-24-2012, 11:54 PM
TICK TOCK Wylie

garciap77
11-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Stephenville will be the best team Abilene Wylie has faced by far. Coaches and players both know it. Abilene Wylie will be the best team Stephenville has faced by far. More complete team than Aledo IMO.

Can't wait for this one. Tailgate?

M&G for sure. I need my ccmom GarciaP77 fix!!

Are you sure? I think Graham might be better than The Ville!!!:evillol:

garciap77
11-25-2012, 12:11 AM

That's the norm and it's also includes our refs! Just saying!!! Welcome to the DL!!:evillol:

garciap77
11-25-2012, 12:31 AM
TICK TOCK Wylie

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/ibeeme1/Bees/Boo2520Hoo252011252D7.gifStephenville

toddg
11-25-2012, 01:04 AM

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/pigsfly.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)--no, this is funny!

cowboyandchrist
11-25-2012, 01:18 AM

You might want to hold that thought, you should know by now you have to go through the East to win the championship. The Dawgs are starting to roll (finally). I will not be so bold as you by saying my team or the team we are playing will win it all, but I will say Carthage has a say in who wins the title.

Emerson1
11-25-2012, 11:49 AM
How did they manage to decide to go all the way to Wichita Falls?

Sville
11-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Did some posts get deleted?

Sville
11-25-2012, 12:21 PM
ccmom there are several restaurants on Southwest Pkwy the main road by the stadium. There is a great sports bar & grill right down the road from the stadium called The Parkway Grill (http://www.parkwaygrill.com/). I have been there a few times when I have gone to games at WF Memorial. It would also be a great place for a M&G.

Gsquared
11-25-2012, 12:21 PM
I think this one could be an instant classic

bobcat1
11-25-2012, 12:25 PM
ccmom there are several restaurants on Southwest Pkwy the main road by the stadium. There is a great sports bar & grill right down the road from the stadium called The Parkway Grill (http://www.parkwaygrill.com/). I have been there a few times when I have gone to games at WF Memorial. It would also be a great place for a M&G.
It's been there since I was in High School at Rider too. :2thumbsup

Sville
11-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Wylie and Sville will get to see a lot of each other this week. It is the "Coaches for a Cure" night at Gandy Gym in Sville Tuesday. And guess who the opponent is, Wylie? The ladies tipoff at 6:30 followed by the men at 8. It will be a good night for a good cause.

Maybe it is just me but I have feeling that Sville and Wylie have a budding rivalry here.

One more thing Wylie will be the home team in WF

cr180t
11-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Could have played this game in Graham.

toddg
11-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Could have played this game in Graham.

@Newton..that would be a hot ticket!

Sville
11-25-2012, 12:55 PM
I really like Memorial Stadium in WF. It sits over 14k, plenty of parking, places to eat, and my favorite no track around the field. It is only a 2 hour drive which is not that bad for teams that are used to traveling like Sville and Wylie IMO.

Ville-D
11-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Stephenville is EAST of Abilene. Next thread lol

Just read that Wylie was a 14 point favorite. I love the roll of underdog. I hope we are always the underdog.

Sville
11-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Just read that Wylie was a 14 point favorite. I love the roll of underdog. I hope we are always the underdog.

Where?

defense51
11-26-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm curious to see what the Padilla poll has on this game.

DKfromDUB
11-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Padilla has Ville by 8

hollywood
11-26-2012, 09:39 AM
The Ville will continue to own Wylie. They can show up and try though. I'd like to see ccmom, garciap77 again. Stephenville needs the warm up game before the semis anyway.

Stephenville by 14+

:D

Ranger Mom
11-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Did some posts get deleted?

Yes!! Every single post I made yesterday was deleted!! :(

Cam
11-26-2012, 10:03 AM

Sounds like Ranger Mom is irritated by the Rocket!.....do I irritate you too Ranger Mom?...:bigcry:

Cam
11-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Is Burnet really that big of sore losers that ya'll have to call the UIL crying because you got it handed to you. Or was it because Stephenville was hitting too hard? I could hear yall crying about that all the way across the stadium. It was a clean hit. POW!!!

Not sure what all this UIL talk is about....but I can assure you Burnet boys are no sore losers...maybe some of the fans....but those are few and far between.....we've licked our wounds and nuts enough now to say it's over...and we'll be back next season hopefully for some payback.........

Cam
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
ccmom.....if I go will you buy me a ticket and some hot chocolate?....:D

slingshot
11-26-2012, 10:20 AM
The Ville will continue to own Wylie. They can show up and try though. I'd like to see ccmom, garciap77 again. Stephenville needs the warm up game before the semis anyway.

Stephenville by 14+

:DYou go right ahead and think that... S'ville got their licks in while we were down the last two years. Hope they enjoyed it. We're back to our normal this year--normal meaning the level of play and talent 1998-2009. Payback will be sweet. TICK TOCK VILLE

toddg
11-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Sounds like Ranger Mom is irritated by the Rocket!.....do I irritate you too Ranger Mom?...:bigcry:

i have found that most perceived "overzealous and arrogant" fans actually graduated from the schools,and have kids at the schools they root for..and those most irritated by them, probably did not go to the school they root for, but live in the town and have kids that go or have gone there.

Ranger Mom
11-26-2012, 10:35 AM

Actually....Rocket and I have always gotten along great! It's when you have more than one Rocket, (or Rocket wannabees...there is only ONE Rocket) in one place at one time that can make you crazy!! :crazy1:

I don't think you have EVER irritated me.....shocked the hell out of me a time or twelve, but never irritated me!!

With all that being said.....I am still rooting for AW in this game. If Stephenville comes up with the win, then I am on their bandwagon til the end!!! Go Region 1!

LHPfactory
11-26-2012, 10:42 AM
According to the Abilene Reporter News....

Stephenville Defense has given up 20.36 ppg and 3333 total yards (11 games)
Wylie Defense has given up 13.42 ppg and 2417 total yards (12 games)

Stephenville Offense has scored 43.45 ppg and gained 5015 total yards (11 games)
Wylie Offense has scored 40.50 ppg and gained 4887 total yards (12 games)

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/400/

http://stats.reporternews.com/football/boys/teams/751/

I disagree with hollywood on these numbes not being a good factor to assess. If AW has a stellar performance on Defense it will be the difference in this game. AW will need have their Defensive performance of the season, it will make all the difference. These stats tell me that they have been stingy all year, I know that Sville O will be the best they have faced all year, but AW has been potent all year on D, this will be a good test for both. Defense wins Championships.......

Ville-D
11-26-2012, 10:48 AM
You go right ahead and think that... S'ville got their licks in while we were down the last two years. Hope they enjoyed it. We're back to our normal this year--normal meaning the level of play and talent 1998-2009. Payback will be sweet. TICK TOCK VILLE

I'm glad to hear this. Are you guys 100% healthy? I don't want any excuses.

We will finally be 100% this week (except for 1 season ending ACL on Red)

hollywood
11-26-2012, 10:56 AM
I disagree with hollywood on these numbes not being a good factor to assess. If AW has a stellar performance on Defense it will be the difference in this game. AW will need have their Defensive performance of the season, it will make all the difference. These stats tell me that they have been stingy all year, I know that Sville O will be the best they have faced all year, but AW has been potent all year on D, this will be a good test for both. Defense wins Championships.......

This will be a great match up LHPfactory. Stephenville has a high octane offense that can score on every possession supported by a defense that is stout against the run and strong against a balanced attack. Abilene Wylie with a well balanced high powered offense that can control the time of possession with a defense that has the stats and results of a being very strong. But, they haven't been up against an offense like Stephenville's I can assure you that. Where do you start in stopping them? QB can run and his passing is red hot right now. 2 WR's that are tall, have speed and can catch just about everything thrown their way. A TE that has sure hands and sneaks under the coverage. A slot back and RB that get plenty of touches on the ball. It's going to take AW's best performance on defense this season to slow SV's offense, you are right.

As for SV's defense, it's going to take their best performance this season to make enough stops to get the ball in the hands of the offense. I'm expecting a great game. Both O-lines are huge, both D-lines are big and cause havoc in the back fields. Can't wait for this one. ;)

franz
11-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Being a modest poster and not liking to toot my own horn, I have been deadly accurate in my predictions and analysis of 3A teams this year. No ifs, ands or buts, Wylie has the advantage in the offensive line, defensive line, secondary, linebackers, running game, passing, coaching and good-looking fans. There is no disputing that. However, Stephenville has the advantage in number of 3A downlow postings touting their team.

Gsquared
11-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Woo hoo, just happened to work it out where I can be in WF for this one Friday. Im cited

hollywood
11-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Another variable in this match up is the speed at which the game is played. You hear about teams having great defenses and great offense all year. Remember Brownwood 2010. People were getting sick and tired of hearing about how good their offense was. But, when they finally witnessed the greatness and the speed at which they executed their offense, viewers came away knowing it's hard to imagine how good until you see it for yourself. And then realized what everyone else was crowing about. This is why someone from SV posted the scouts weren't smiling when they left the game last Friday after SV took it Kennedale. ;) The speed at which SV executes their offense keeps the defenses guessing and on their heals the entire game. Fast tempo and precision execution. Fun to watch even if you're a fan or not.

ccmom
11-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Woo hoo, just happened to work it out where I can be in WF for this one Friday. Im cited

You are always getting "cited" for something.

Sville
11-26-2012, 11:10 AM
You can call us cocky, arrogant, over-confident, and whatever else you want to but after Friday you will call us region 1 champs!

You can write that down in your Big Chief tablet.

toddg
11-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Being a modest poster and not liking to toot my own horn, I have been deadly accurate in my predictions and analysis of 3A teams this year. No ifs, ands or buts, Wylie has the advantage in the offensive line, defensive line, secondary, linebackers, running game, passing, coaching and good-looking fans. There is no disputing that. However, Stephenville has the advantage in number of 3A downlow postings touting their team.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-158.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Sville
11-26-2012, 11:12 AM

Even I can enjoy the sarcastic, cynical nature of this post, LOL

hollywood
11-26-2012, 11:13 AM

Keep tooting your own horn franz. You too will see with your own purple glazed eyes. O-line and D-line are a push. Both big and good. LB's AW. RB's a push. WR's Sville. QB Sville. Special teams Sville. Coaching staff, a push, both great and experienced. As far as good-looking fans go, lol, Sville by a long shot!

See franz, Sville has the advantage whether you like it or not. ;)

J2M2SR
11-26-2012, 11:16 AM

Sounds like you got it won franz.....thanks for the
modesty....now wake up buddy, it's ok to dream!

Grahamcheerdad
11-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Wylie by 7

Sville
11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Here are the Jackets official stats I updated last night from the coaches.

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1053.0

Here are the Jackets official stats I updated last night from the coaches.

http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1053.0

Fumbles are wrong. Brice fumbled last week and Sanchez fumbled 3 or 4 times first 4 or 5 games.

Cam
11-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Actually....Rocket and I have always gotten along great! It's when you have more than one Rocket, (or Rocket wannabees...there is only ONE Rocket) in one place at one time that can make you crazy!! :crazy1:

I don't think you have EVER irritated me.....shocked the hell out of me a time or twelve, but never irritated me!!

With all that being said.....I am still rooting for AW in this game. If Stephenville comes up with the win, then I am on their bandwagon til the end!!! Go Region 1!

Wheww!!...I feel better now......

Money talks and bull$hit walks?

Gsquared
11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
You are always getting "cited" for something.

Excited, dang, I added fuel to your hate fire :D

jason
11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Coaching staff, a push, both great and experienced.
really? gillespie = sandifer?

Sville
11-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Fumbles are wrong. Brice fumbled last week and Sanchez fumbled 3 or 4 times first 4 or 5 games.

Did you take video of the Cleburne BB game? I would like to see Juder's dunk.

Yeah I got a clip of it. But I don't know how to put it on here pm your email

ccmom
11-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Excited, dang, I added fuel to your hate fire :D

Please do not wear that "staff" shirt to the game.

Ville-D
11-26-2012, 11:50 AM

I think our D-line is better than the AW D-line by a good bit.

Ville-D
11-26-2012, 11:51 AM

Need a seat on the underdog side? It'll get you in the paper again.

Sville
11-26-2012, 11:54 AM
@Ville

You have to change your profile where you can receive PM's. You can use cody@stephenvilleyellowjackets.com

BTW- You are correct about the fumble for last week. It was credited to Westbrook instead of Gunter. The Sanchez stats are correct, his fumbles are reflected in the receiving stats.

hollywood
11-26-2012, 12:12 PM
really? gillespie = sandifer?

Staff.. I didn't say HC's. G has a ways to go to get put in a the same conversation as individual coaches. But as an entire staff, yes.

Gsquared
11-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Need a seat on the underdog side? It'll get you in the paper again.

I got me a sideline pass for this one but ill probably watch from the stands for atleast the first three quarters. Are there all you can eat hot dogs and frito pies on the Stephenville side this time?

jacket98,99
11-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Staff.. I didn't say HC's. G has a ways to go to get put in a the same conversation as individual coaches. But as an entire staff, yes.

I agree with staffs being equal. Sandifer is on pace to reach the top ten in all-time wins if he coaches another 5 years or so. I got a chance to chat with him a few times when i lived in abilene and i believe he is as good a person as he is a football coach. Very genuine man.

hollywood
11-26-2012, 12:43 PM
What's the predictions on attends numbers?

I say between 7,000-10,000. Figuring each school will bring 3,000-4,000 and another 1,000-2,000 regional viewers. Guess it depends if the Wylie booster club sends the Lear Jets or not. :D

ccmom
11-26-2012, 12:48 PM

I say between 7,000-10,000. Figuring each school will bring 3,000-4,000 and another 1,000-2,000 regional viewers. Guess it depends if the Wylie booster club sends the Lear Jets or not. :D

How long does it take to get there from Stephenville?

hollywood
11-26-2012, 12:49 PM
How long does it take to get there from Stephenville?

By horse or rail?

franz
11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Ticket $7...............Gas $70............Food and Drink $50...............Stephenville posters after Friday night defeat - Priceless

Gsquared
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
By horse or rail?

Or by foot? If you walk as fast as the homeless guy that hangs out by the 7-11 down the street from my house, walking it would take 30 mins. I see that dude at 7-11 at 11 AM and 30 mins later he is half way to down town Dallas on Central Expressway.

toddg
11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Ticket $7...............Gas $70............Food and Drink $50...............Stephenville posters after Friday night defeat - Priceless

you are definitely not a baller on a budget!! but what an arrogant post!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10001/smiley-angry025.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

hollywood
11-26-2012, 01:01 PM

You must not be in with the cool crowd. Tickets for the all inclusive Lear Jet experience are quadruple that.

nobogey72
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
I think our D-line is better than the AW D-line by a good bit.

So, you've seen us play quite a bit, huh???? Totally a low IQ statement.

bearbear78
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Are you sure? I think Graham might be better than The Ville!!!:evillol:

Graham 52
Ville 35

hollywood
11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Graham 52
Ville 35

:spitlol:

@Ville

You have to change your profile where you can receive PM's. You can use cody@stephenvilleyellowjackets.com

BTW- You are correct about the fumble for last week. It was credited to Westbrook instead of Gunter. The Sanchez stats are correct, his fumbles are reflected in the receiving stats.

sent

bearbear78
11-26-2012, 01:11 PM
That's if we pull out starters at the half

toddg
11-26-2012, 01:15 PM

and you can validate your statement, because you have seen the Jackets play quite a bit?

slingshot
11-26-2012, 01:33 PM
D-Line--SV, O-Line--AW, QB--SV, RB--AW, WR--SV, DB's--AW, LB--AW, HC--AW, DC--this is our ace in the hole... Clay Martin is as good as they come. Our D will slow SV just enough... Wylie by 3.

garciap77
11-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Another variable in this match up is the speed at which the game is played. You hear about teams having great defenses and great offense all year. Remember Brownwood 2010. People were getting sick and tired of hearing about how good their offense was. But, when they finally witnessed the greatness and the speed at which they executed their offense, viewers came away knowing it's hard to imagine how good until you see it for yourself. And then realized what everyone else was crowing about. This is why someone from SV posted the scouts weren't smiling when they left the game last Friday after SV took it Kennedale. ;) The speed at which SV executes their offense keeps the defenses guessing and on their heals the entire game. Fast tempo and precision execution. Fun to watch even if you're a fan or not.

Fast tempo and precision execution is what impressed me the most about SV! But, I know SV can be beat!!! The Bulldogs are going to pull a win this Friday; then you can jump on our bandwagon!!!

Note: There is a new Whataburger in Jim Ned where you can move to be closer to the Mighty Wylie bulldogs!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

garciap77
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
You can call us cocky, arrogant, over-confident, and whatever else you want to but after Friday you will call us region 1 champs!

You can write that down in your Big Chief tablet.

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-158.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

garciap77
11-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Graham 52
Ville 35

That's if we pull out starters at the half

What if you let the starters play until the 3rd qtr?

toddg
11-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Fast tempo and precision execution is what impressed me the most about SV! But, I know SV can be beat!!! The Bulldogs are going to pull a win this Friday; then you can jump on our bandwagon!!!

Note: There is a new Whataburger in Jim Ned where you can move to be closer to the Mighty Wylie bulldogs!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

that has to be the most arrogant, overconfident post iv seen!!...doesnt suprise me though..but after the bulldogs lose, the only excuse ya'll will have left is "bad gas"http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/fartysmile1f.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

garciap77
11-26-2012, 01:55 PM
that has to be the most arrogant, overconfident post iv seen!!...doesnt suprise me though..but after the bulldogs lose, the only excuse ya'll will have left is "bad gas"http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/fartysmile1f.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

What is so arrogant and overconfident about me saying we will win! Isn't that what fans are support to say about their team? I saw SV played and they are the real deal, in fact base on what I saw, we are the underdog in this battle!

Pendragon13
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM

I say between 7,000-10,000. Figuring each school will bring 3,000-4,000 and another 1,000-2,000 regional viewers. Guess it depends if the Wylie booster club sends the Lear Jets or not. :DWe'd have a heck of a lot more show up if we played in or around the metroplex instead of WF. It's not like we haven't given a huge travel advantage in the playoffs before. (Alvarado last year)

toddg
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
What is so arrogant and overconfident about me saying we will win! Isn't that what fans are support to say about their team? I saw SV played and they are the real deal, in fact base on what I saw, we are the underdog in this battle!

didnt you know?? you cannot be confident in YOUR team winning, or be too proud if your kid is playing!!! chest-pounding is not allowed, unless you have been to the playoffs atleast 44 times in a row, or been in the last 20 years in a row, or have atleast 1 SC in the last 100 years..etc..im sorry, i see ya'll meet the criteria for being boastful of YOUR team...proceed! http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/beersmiley1.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Matthew328
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
if Stephenville wins they'll likely be at Kincade next week...Wylie wins they'll be in Mansfield more than likely

hollywood
11-26-2012, 02:12 PM

If you were impressed then GP.. you're going to be :eek: Friday. The Jackets are on a whole other level now. Defensively too! ;)

hollywood
11-26-2012, 02:13 PM
We'd have a heck of a lot more show up if we played in or around the metroplex instead of WF. It's not like we haven't given a huge travel advantage in the playoffs before. (Alvarado last year)

Yes I totally agree.

bearbear78
11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
What if you let the starters play until the 3rd qtr? let's go with 73-35 graham

nobogey72
11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
and you can validate your statement, because you have seen the Jackets play quite a bit?

No I haven't at all, and that was my point. How can anyone that hasn't seen the other team say one way or another? Personally i would never say something like "well our "whatever position" is better than ya'lls. Let's say that for argument's sake that player for player SVill's DL is better than Wylie's. What difference does that make? They are never on the field at the same time!! It's all about matchups. And, BTW ToddG why don't you just shut up and mind your own business. Don't you have a basketball game to go to or something?

nobogey72
11-26-2012, 02:21 PM
didnt you know?? you cannot be confident in YOUR team winning, or be too proud if your kid is playing!!! chest-pounding is not allowed, unless you have been to the playoffs atleast 44 times in a row, or been in the last 20 years in a row, or have atleast 1 SC in the last 100 years..etc..im sorry, i see ya'll meet the criteria for being boastful of YOUR team...proceed! http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/beersmiley1.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Funny you mentioned that because this is our 19th year in a row. Not quite 20 but ....

garciap77
11-26-2012, 02:24 PM
If you were impressed then GP.. you're going to be :eek: Friday. The Jackets are on a whole other level now. Defensively too! ;)

Should I hold the home in Jim Ned next to the Whataburger for you?????:D

toddg
11-26-2012, 02:30 PM
No I haven't at all, and that was my point. How can anyone that hasn't seen the other team say one way or another? Personally i would never say something like "well our "whatever position" is better than ya'lls. Let's say that for argument's sake that player for player SVill's DL is better than Wylie's. What difference does that make? They are never on the field at the same time!! It's all about matchups. And, BTW ToddG why don't you just shut up and mind your own business. Don't you have a basketball game to go to or something?

I will not shut up!!http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/hahanosmiley-1.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/) i will support the 7-3a champ..they earned it!! otherwise, the point you made before the arrogant comment..i agree!

Sville
11-26-2012, 02:37 PM
This is our 9th playoff appearance in a row and 23 out of the last 24 years. The only year we haven't gone to the playoffs since 1989 is 2003. And BTW we are a perfect 14-0 in 3rd round games.

garciap77
11-26-2012, 02:37 PM

Dang!!! I was just trying to set the hook on Jacketwood! LOL

garciap77
11-26-2012, 02:38 PM
This is our 9th playoff appearance in a row and 23 out of the last 24 years. The only year we haven't gone to the playoffs since 1989 is 2003. And BTW we are a perfect 14-0 in 3rd round games.

This will be a sweet upset!!!!:D

bobcat1
11-26-2012, 02:41 PM
This will be a sweet upset!!!!:D
Think I will be on hand for this one. I have to go to Graham to visit Mom Friday afternoon about 4. Leave Graham about 5pm and get to WF about 6pm. I hope this as good as Brownwood-Carthage.:D Bulldogs and the YallerJackets.

franz
11-26-2012, 02:43 PM
I have completed my interviews of the referees and their families. They said they expect to throw a few flags on the individualism me attitude on Stephenville "IF" they score or complete a pass. I have seen the X factor, superman, and tossing the ball in the opponents face. Is that not frowned upon. Based on what the ref's told me personally(and I'm only kin to three of them), it should be a 9-10 point game in favor of Wylie. Must have something to do with an extra point or something.

garciap77
11-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Think I will be on hand for this one. I have to go to Graham to visit Mom Friday afternoon about 4. Leave Graham about 5pm and get to WF about 6pm. I hope this as good as Brownwood-Carthage.:D Bulldogs and the YallerJackets.

Hey! Do you want to get something to eat before the game! I'm bringing ROCKET with me on this one! LOL

Ranger Mom
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM

If that is seriously the most arrogant overconfident post you have seen....then you don't read many posts!!! :confused:

bobcat1
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Hey! Do you want to get something to eat before the game! I'm bringing ROCKET with me on this one! LOL

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/dogncar1/imagesCAPGKBCD.jpg

bobcat1
11-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey! Do you want to get something to eat before the game! I'm bringing ROCKET with me on this one! LOLSure! Do you still have my number and is yours still the same?

toddg
11-26-2012, 03:24 PM
If that is seriously the most arrogant overconfident post you have seen....then you don't read many posts!!! :confused:

it was seriously not serious, and garcia didnt seriously take it seriously...and those that know me, know im seriously inept at being serious unless provoked into seriousness..by which i can be extremely serious..yes i am bi-polar.

bobcat1
11-26-2012, 03:31 PM
it was seriously not serious, and garcia didnt seriously take it seriously...and those that know me, know im seriously inept at being serious unless provoked into seriousness..by which i can be extremely serious..yes i am bi-polar.

Inmateboss
11-26-2012, 03:47 PM
I really like Memorial Stadium in WF. It sits over 14k, plenty of parking, places to eat, and my favorite no track around the field. It is only a 2 hour drive which is not that bad for teams that are used to traveling like Sville and Wylie IMO.

We would love to have it here but either of these teams will fill both sides of our stadium!! Wish you could get a makeover !!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
11-26-2012, 03:53 PM
We'd have a heck of a lot more show up if we played in or around the metroplex instead of WF. It's not like we haven't given a huge travel advantage in the playoffs before. (Alvarado last year)

Cheaper Lear parking on WF!!! Close to the stadium too!!!

Go # 5

Sville
11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
FWIW both schools tried to get Cowboys Stadium but they said it was unavailable.

Inmateboss
11-26-2012, 03:59 PM

Be sure and sit on the Wylie side so you can celebrate with them after the game!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
So who wins this one? Poll shows AW favored by 70%. Other sites don't reflect this. Must have something to do with the posters? :eek:

Pendragon13
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Cheaper Lear parking on WF!!! Close to the stadium too!!!

Go # 5But do they have valet service to and from the airstrip? :thinking:

Seriously though, a few years back I was lucky enough to be in a group traveling to a playoff game in a customized motorhome thing that cost nearly $1m...talk about serious tailgating.:cheerl:

bobcat1
11-26-2012, 04:03 PM
FWIW both schools tried to get Cowboys Stadium but they said it was unavailable.So the next best thing is Memorial Stadium? Who is home team?

ccmom
11-26-2012, 04:03 PM
So the next best thing is Memorial Stadium? Who is home team?

The good guys are home team!!!!!

Sville
11-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Speaking of Graham, Sville and them Cedar Hackers up north have pretty good history. We have played 33 times and the record is 16-16-1.

Sville
So the next best thing is Memorial Stadium? Who is home team?

Wylie is home team, so ccmom gets the good seats with backs.

bobcat1
Awesome!

Sville
Double Post- So I might as well not waste it. Wylie gonna get some obedience training this Friday.

hollywood
11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Speaking of Graham, Sville and them Cedar Hackers up north have pretty good history. We have played 33 times and the record is 16-16-1.

Mostly before he 90's?

hollywood
11-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Ville looks good in the all whites. ;) That AW purple and gold is hideous! Good guys where white. :clap:

Sville
11-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Mostly before he 90's?

The last time we played them was '97. We were in district together for 96 & 97. Both Jacket wins, 31-13 (97) & 41-18 (96)

bobcat1
11-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Visitor side is always full of crickets. So Stephanieville should be right at home.

ccmom
11-26-2012, 04:12 PM

San Angelo has chair backs on the home side, too...plastic lawn chair backs attached to the bleechers. Interesting concept...:doh:

Ville-D
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Wow. Butt hurt dad?

The AW DL is great but I believe the Ville DL is better. I never said anything negative about AW.

Quit being so sensitive Alice.

bearbear78
11-26-2012, 04:25 PM

Come on up and you'll go home 16-17-1 and we will go 17-16-1 (:

toddg
11-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Ville looks good in the all whites. ;) That AW purple and gold is hideous! Good guys where white. :clap:
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/Rump_slapping_hippo_character-emoticon-0043.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)
WHOA!!!slowly put the paper tabs down....aint nothin wrong with purple and gold!!

Sville
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Come on up and you'll go home 16-17-1 and we will go 17-16-1 (:

If I thought you were serious I would reply with something like, Sville would donkey stomp Graham, with 4 teams going to PO next year you will more than likely get a shot.

bearbear78
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
If I thought you were serious I would reply with something like, Sville would donkey stomp Graham, with 4 teams going to PO next year you will more than likely get a shot.

No the ville wouldn't donkey stomp us , promise you that. We will just leave it at that for now so you guys can focus on the whooping that AW is getting ready to lay down

bobcat1
11-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Someone's gonna get beat like a rented mule Friday.:devil:

garciap77
11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
let's go with 73-35 graham

So, "WHAT IF" you let the starters play all 4 qtrs????