PDA

View Full Version : Texas going after junior college recurits-From Austin American Statesman

Scoop27
11-27-2012, 07:42 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/college-football/horns-target-junior-college-recruits-like-never-be/nTG3g/

Manso/V8
11-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Interesting. Thanks for posting it.

It seems like the Statesman needs to run spell/grammer check on their artiicles though!

Old Tiger
11-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Mack trying everything to save his ass from being fired.

1st and goal
11-28-2012, 01:03 PM
this +1

texanpride1250
11-28-2012, 10:34 PM
this +1

I seriously doubt he will get fired. I just hope he can swallow his pride and bow out gracefully before it gets worse.

navscanmaster
11-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Do you see him turning it around, and will he last as long as Bowden did at FSU if not?

Old Tiger
11-29-2012, 07:26 AM
I seriously doubt he will get fired. I just hope he can swallow his pride and bow out gracefully before it gets worse.

The amount of conference losses over the last 3 years is the worst since 1936-1939 in Texas history.

Old Tiger
11-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Do you see him turning it around, and will he last as long as Bowden did at FSU if not?

No because Mack isn't a micro manager/x's and o's guy. He's a great CEO and face of a program but he leaves a lot to be desired from a coaching stand point. It's been 2 years since that 5-7 season.

msu97
11-29-2012, 07:54 AM
they have to do something... UT has only been recruiting kids that have the measurables... big kids that are fast, and explosive... but they do not take kids who may not have those but are just hard nosed football players...
Mack and his coaching staff are going to have to start taking kids who just can flat out play... I have seen plenty of kids that have a 40+ vertical and run a 4.3 that just are not great football players and UT has taken them... this is finally biting him in the butt...
Gilbert not panning out has really hurt, but everyone wanted Gilbert so UT can somewhat get a pass... but not recruiting other great qb's has hurt them...

texanpride1250
11-29-2012, 11:03 PM
While Gilbert was a bust, these things happen, the majority of their recruits were highly coveted across the country.

Right now they seem like a collection of really good players but not a really good team. I would say the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. When they have come together and played as a team they have been OK. But OK is not good enough at UT.

These things are cyclical and UT has been on the downswing the last few years. With the positive momentum of aTm, UT needs to do something to regain some of that momentum. If not the recruiting could become a struggle.