PDA

View Full Version : Blown out of proportion..... Marlin vs. LG

Indy Jones
11-25-2003, 11:43 PM
A disagreement between two coaches over sites/times/days/etc... is part of the history of Texas High School football and is the reason they have coin flips. Each coach wants to do what is best for their team and that is understandable. What has happened here is that both sides have gotten bits and pieces of information of which some is true and some is not. As an insider for Marlin, I would like to clarify that at no time has race been mentioned by any member of the Marlin coaching staff to the kids, but rather it was assumed by some members of the community who chose to post it. It has not even been discussed or mentioned in the presence of myself by any of the Marlin players. The Bulldogs respect the Leopards and are ready to have to fight like hell to beat them and that is all there is to it. Two teams will play hard on Friday night and the one that executes the best will move on to meet the Bellville/China winner and black, brown, white, and even "Red" will not have a factor in any of it. Please do not take the posts you read on the internet to be the opinions and ideas of any Marlin coach or athlete because that just is not the case!

Good luck to all the teams left chasing the dream!

Pudlugger
11-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Thanks Indy, I whole heartedly agree. Let's have a great ballgame, clean and injury free. :)

FranksBullDog
11-26-2003, 11:07 AM
To INDY Jones I wholeheartedly agree race should never even play into it.Iwould never say anything to try to hurt someone like that but their had been so much said earlier from a couple other posters that he must have felt it gave him the right to take it a step further.What gets lost is how hard the Marlin players have worked to get where they are working through injuries and such.Ihear all the time how talented and fast Marlin is but none of these kids ever win a track meet.These kids work their butts off and many play both ways but it never shows because there is so much desire to succeed.Im sure Lg. can say the same thing about some of their kids. I believe Marlin will win not because of talent but because of work ethics and good coaching.Good luck to both teams and may it be injury free.

eye of the tiger
11-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your well written and timely post Indy. Have a safe injury free game. It should be a good one.

GWOOD
11-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Indy Jones, thanks for the post. I am sure that you have raised the esteem of the Marlin football team and the community in the eyes of many posters and readers on this forum.