PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Orange Grove

whitelightning5
11-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Let the debating begin. Who wins this game and why?

OLE'BULL
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Let the debating begin. Who wins this game and why?

Dont know a whole lot about Orange Grove, ticked I am going to miss it. Who all has OG played this year that is worth a conversation. I will make a prediction later in the week.

99IHSMustang
11-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Dont know a whole lot about Orange Grove, ticked I am going to miss it. Who all has OG played this year that is worth a conversation. I will make a prediction later in the week.

They defeated Ingleside the last game of the seaon by a TD. There only loss was to Sinton. They have some decent size and speed. There QB can throw and can make bigs plays on the run when nothing is open.

pirate4state
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM

They are very pesky, but they will be outmatched in this game. Bellville by at least 2 TDs

whitelightning5
11-26-2012, 02:25 PM

The only thing that I know about them is that they have the Bomar's coaching this team.....both Jerry and son Rhett. I don't know anything about size or talent. ISHMustang...can you elaborate on their size and speed? How are the OL and DL? Are they a running or passing based team?

Gsquared
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Boy, I got ripped for saying how good I thought Bellville was gonna be, during zero week. Well, not really ripped but two people said it was a stupid pick.

Manso/V8
11-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Boy, I got ripped for saying how good I thought Bellville was gonna be, during zero week. Well, not really ripped but two people said it was a stupid pick.

You need to name names!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Boy, I got ripped for saying how good I thought Bellville was gonna be, during zero week. Well, not really ripped but two people said it was a stupid pick.LOL!! i question your pick on Hidalgo in the valley forum. Still came down to Hidalgo and Laferia and took overtime to prove you were right and i was wrong in that district.

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Go Bellville!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2012, 03:18 PM
The only thing that I know about them is that they have the Bomar's coaching this team.....both Jerry and son Rhett. I don't know anything about size or talent. ISHMustang...can you elaborate on their size and speed? How are the OL and DL? Are they a running or passing based team?Their biggest kid on the offensive line is 6'7" Dillion Garcia 250 lbs. Also a 6'4" Correy Wallace 205 lbs and 6'3" 260 lbs Kristopher Gebert. Their fast player i think is Racye Gatlin their main deep threat receiver.

Qb is small and quick and their rbs. Scrappy team led by a pretty good coach that can make adjustments during a game.

pirate4state
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Their biggest kid on the offensive line is 6'7" Dillion Garcia 250 lbs. Also a 6'4" Correy Wallace 205 lbs and 6'3" 260 lbs Kristopher Gebert. Their fast player i think is Racye Gatlin their main deep threat receiver.

Qb is small and quick and their rbs. Scrappy team led by a pretty coach that can make adjustments during a game.

a pretty coach?!?! :eek: :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
a pretty coach?!?! :eek: :D

lol its been edited! lol

Gsquared
11-26-2012, 03:34 PM
LOL!! i question your pick on Hidalgo in the valley forum. Still came down to Hidalgo and Laferia and took overtime to prove you were right and i was wrong in that district.

Lol, well, I have to admit, while i was pretty sure on Bellville, Hidalgo was dumb luck on my part. I kinda just rolled the dice on that one lol

hookandladder
11-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Lol, well, I have to admit, while i was pretty sure on Bellville, Hidalgo was dumb luck on my part. I kinda just rolled the dice on that one lol

I thought you also said Giddings was the real deal this year as well, that did not work out well either. Maybe it was someone else, getting old and my memory slips.

Gsquared
11-26-2012, 04:20 PM
I thought you also said Giddings was the real deal this year as well, that did not work out well either. Maybe it was someone else, getting old and my memory slips.

No sir, that was me. When I saw Giddings play Cuero, I said they were for real. They sure looked good that night but I admit, I was wrong on that one.

Manso/V8
11-26-2012, 05:00 PM
G2, what do you know about Orange Grove?

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Wonder why they didn't play in Victoria?
Long drive for Orange Grove....just saying

texanpride1250
11-26-2012, 11:54 PM
No sir, that was me. When I saw Giddings play Cuero, I said they were for real. They sure looked good that night but I admit, I was wrong on that one.

I thought both Giddings and LH were pretty good teams. I know I would have said you are crazy if you would have told me after week 5 that neither of those teams would make the playoffs.

I will go with Bellville by 3 scores. Dare I say Bulls on Parade.

Matthew328
11-27-2012, 08:06 AM

It's a longer drive for Bellville

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 10:25 AM
G2, what do you know about Orange Grove?

Nothing

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 10:33 AM

It's a longer drive for Bellville

Orange Grove to Victoria = 93 miles
Bellville to Victoria = 114 miles

Orange Grove to Converse = 129 miles
Bellville to Converse = 144 miles

either place would have worked

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Grove has a real chance at winning this one. Best game to go and watch. I think Bellville pulls it out late, 28-21.

whitelightning5
11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Can anyone provide any stats on OG? Do they throw more or run more? Any players would should be looking out for? How has their defense stacked up to competition? How many points/yards are they giving up per game?

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Really like to see a poll on this game. I think it will be closer than some think.

Bellville Brahmas (9-3) vs. Orange Grove Bulldogs (11-1)
Sat., Dec. 1, 6:00pm @ Rutledge Stadium (Converse) http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stad...9#.ULO1q4du4tg
Listen Here
http://www.bellvilleweb.com/

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I asked 3ADL to join this thread with the current game thread that don't have a poll attached. Interested in seeing the poll results in this game.

SintonFan
11-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I'll tell ya. This will be the smallest Bellville game thread in years. The one OG poster here is AWOL.
I think this will be a good game. I am not betting against the bulldogs again!

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 11:34 AM
The lone OG poster has been long gone!

I never expected OG to beat Ingleside, but lets face it ... Bellville is no Ingleside. LOL

Bellville has faced tougher/stronger opponents. OG will be lucky to score 2 TDs.

whitelightning5
11-27-2012, 11:57 AM

I never expected OG to beat Ingleside, but lets face it ... Bellville is no Ingleside. LOL

Bellville has faced tougher/stronger opponents. OG will be lucky to score 2 TDs.

Having played OG, can you tell me anything about this team? Other than they are pesky and have a smaller QB who can move and throw.

lbjacj
11-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Grove has a real chance at winning this one. Best game to go and watch. I think Bellville pulls it out late, 28-21.

You going?

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Having played OG, can you tell me anything about this team? Other than they are pesky and have a smaller QB who can move and throw.

Not really. They did not impress me when we played, which was why I didn't think they had a shot against Ingleside, but they didn't have their stud WR in our game and he probably would have hurt us. In our game they gave up 42 points and 411 yards in offense (255 rushing/156 passing). We had a weak defense and only gave up 28 points and 315 yards in offense (124 rushing/191 passing).

In the Ingleside game they torched Ingleside with 555 yards of offense (229 rushing/326 passing) but only won by 8. Go figure. They gave up 26 points and 300 yards in offense (97 rushing/203 passing) to Ingleside.

My personal opinion is they will be outmatched, but I have been wrong many times. Good luck!

Of course, I haven't seen Bellville either, but traditionally speaking South Texas teams do not fare well against teams from the north, specifically your district.

whitelightning5
11-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Who is home and who is visitor?

whitelightning5
11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Not really. They did not impress me when we played, which was why I didn't think they had a shot against Ingleside, but they didn't have their stud WR in our game and he probably would have hurt us. In our game they gave up 42 points and 411 yards in offense (255 rushing/156 passing). We had a weak defense and only gave up 28 points and 315 yards in offense (124 rushing/191 passing).

In the Ingleside game they torched Ingleside with 555 yards of offense (229 rushing/326 passing) but only won by 8. Go figure. They gave up 26 points and 300 yards in offense (97 rushing/203 passing) to Ingleside.

My personal opinion is they will be outmatched, but I have been wrong many times. Good luck!

Of course, I haven't seen Bellville either, but traditionally speaking South Texas teams do not fare well against teams from the north, specifically your district.

So by that...does that mean that the "stud WR" is back and healthy? Does he have size, speed, or a combination of both?

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
So by that...does that mean that the "stud WR" is back and healthy? Does he have size, speed, or a combination of both?

he is back and i would presume healthy enough.
both

whitelightning5
11-27-2012, 01:21 PM
he is back and i would presume healthy enough.
both

Well...that should make for an interesting matchup.

Bull's-eye
11-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Here's 2 videos from OG's last game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKwBw78iIa4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=392JND_P1to&feature=relmfu

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
You going?

No, I work Sat.

Manso/V8
11-27-2012, 04:37 PM
No, I work Sat.

Your job, or a honey-do list?

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Your job, or a honey-do list?

At the fire station. I might make a Fri game somewhere. Not sure I want to waste my time in Victoria though.

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Who wins and why?

Bellville. Because they are better.

SintonFan
11-27-2012, 07:04 PM

No BETTy, against the DOGGies!!! :D

OLE'BULL
11-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Who wins and why?

Bellville. Because they are better.

I agree with you that Bellville wins. Just dont know enough about OG to say that Bellville is "better". I think that since the Wharton game in district, Bellville has improved drastically each week. Beating a stout Sealy team for their final game in district, then winning the first 2 rounds against strong teams, shows that they are peaking at just the right time. I am not sure if OG is prepared for the Slot T the way the Bulls run it. Supposedly it is not foreign to them, as they have seen it a couple times already. But according to Coach Rowe, we have quite a few more wrinkles then those other teams. Our secondary has proven themselves over the last couple, three weeks that we can shut down the pass. Orange Grove prefers to pass out of the spread. I see a couple more INTS from our defense this week. Wouldn't mind a fumble or 2 either! I am ecstatic that I get to catch this one, and it should be a great game. I dont see this game getting out of hand and have a feeling it will be close through 3 quarters. Bellvilles depth and ball control will take over in the 4th and they will put Orange Grove away. Good luck to the Bulls! No injuries on either side, AND.... Brahmas by 2 TD's. 35-21

whitelightning5
11-28-2012, 03:07 PM
I agree with you that Bellville wins. Just dont know enough about OG to say that Bellville is "better". I think that since the Wharton game in district, Bellville has improved drastically each week. Beating a stout Sealy team for their final game in district, then winning the first 2 rounds against strong teams, shows that they are peaking at just the right time. I am not sure if OG is prepared for the Slot T the way the Bulls run it. Supposedly it is not foreign to them, as they have seen it a couple times already. But according to Coach Rowe, we have quite a few more wrinkles then those other teams. Our secondary has proven themselves over the last couple, three weeks that we can shut down the pass. Orange Grove prefers to pass out of the spread. I see a couple more INTS from our defense this week. Wouldn't mind a fumble or 2 either! I am ecstatic that I get to catch this one, and it should be a great game. I dont see this game getting out of hand and have a feeling it will be close through 3 quarters. Bellvilles depth and ball control will take over in the 4th and they will put Orange Grove away. Good luck to the Bulls! No injuries on either side, AND.... Brahmas by 2 TD's. 35-21

I'll take that....

Bull's-eye
11-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Looking at OG, they do have good size on the offensive line. They run most of their plays out of the spread formation, which to me negates that size & favors the smaller quicker Bellville defense. QB did a good job of hitting the slant routes against Raymondville, also got to watch the RB sneaking out of the backfield for a pass. When they do use a TE, he can be effective in the short out routes. On defense, their #21 DT likes to jump into different gaps right before the ball is snapped. I think Bellville can catch him guessing wrong & hit on a few big runs. On defense, I look for Bellville's safeties to be ready to jump those slant routes & come up with a big play. Corners need to stay with their outside receivers & not allow them to get deep. Watching OG's kickoff team, I see Bellville breaking a few returns. Their kicker didn't get much distance or height on his kicks. Overall, Bellville appears to have more athletes & should take this game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Go Brahamas!.. One game at a time...

What a game this would be, Navasota vs Bellville for the chance to go to State!!?

whitelightning5
11-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Looking at OG, they do have good size on the offensive line. They run most of their plays out of the spread formation, which to me negates that size & favors the smaller quicker Bellville defense. QB did a good job of hitting the slant routes against Raymondville, also got to watch the RB sneaking out of the backfield for a pass. When they do use a TE, he can be effective in the short out routes. On defense, their #21 DT likes to jump into different gaps right before the ball is snapped. I think Bellville can catch him guessing wrong & hit on a few big runs. On defense, I look for Bellville's safeties to be ready to jump those slant routes & come up with a big play. Corners need to stay with their outside receivers & not allow them to get deep. Watching OG's kickoff team, I see Bellville breaking a few returns. Their kicker didn't get much distance or height on his kicks. Overall, Bellville appears to have more athletes & should take this game.

I like your thinking...and thanks for putting in the time to watch the film

pirate4state
11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Bad news for OG...lost their QB to a torn ACL.

http://www.caller.com/news/2012/nov/28/hs-football-notebook-flour-bluff-looks-to-break/

tough break for the kid :(

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-29-2012, 03:28 PM

http://www.caller.com/news/2012/nov/28/hs-football-notebook-flour-bluff-looks-to-break/

OUCH!!!! Wishing him a speedy recovery. Was he a Senior?

Tejastrue
11-29-2012, 03:35 PM

Just awful to hear this but sometimes when these things happen teammates rise to the occasion to overcome adversity. With that being said I don't think they beat Bellville with a healthy lineup much less with a loss such as this. Still gotta play the game though. Best of luck to OG and for that young man as he deals with this both emotionally and physically.

OLE'BULL
11-29-2012, 04:16 PM

I feel for him. Its got to be tough to lead your team this far, then have to watch from the sidelines. Hope he has a great recovery.

whitelightning5
11-29-2012, 04:20 PM
I feel for him. Its got to be tough to lead your team this far, then have to watch from the sidelines. Hope he has a great recovery.

OH WOW....that is extremely tough. Here's to a speedy recovery.

SintonFan
11-29-2012, 06:42 PM

I saw this this morning. That is sad.
If he doesn't play I take my "No betty" thing back.:(

The Bull #40
11-29-2012, 06:57 PM
What a tough break for the QB and Orange Grove, praying for a speedy recovery. I thought Bellville was the better team before his injury, now I think this game is even more one-sided. I'm thinking Bellville's defense swarms the backup and our RB's light up the scoreboard. BELLVILLE WINS 35-14.

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Roughneck93
11-29-2012, 08:01 PM

Hate to hear this. Hoping the best for him.

Red Bull
11-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Sad to hear about the QB. Good luck to him in his recovery. This kind of changes the outlook on this one. I will take the Bulls 42-21.

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Sad to hear about the QB. Good luck to him in his recovery. This kind of changes the outlook on this one. I will take the Bulls 42-21.

I agree. He was a true dual threat. That said, I dont know enough about the back-up QB (who was a starting WR) to know how much the offense will be missing. I would assume that they try to run the zone read a little more than usual, but the back-up could be a good thrower too.

trg
11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Prayers for this young man. Tough break.

Manso/V8
11-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear about this injury, a sad thing and a tough break. What a very tough kid though. He was injured near the end of the 2nd quarter, but came back out and played the entire second half and helped his team put up another 3 TD's on the board.

Maybe he will play on Saturday anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfeIXiS4lVc

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear about this injury, a sad thing and a tough break. What a very tough kid though. He was injured near the end of the 2nd quarter, but came back out and played the entire second half and helped his team put up another 3 TD's on the board.

Maybe he will play on Saturday anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfeIXiS4lVc

For the kid's sake...I hope the coaches dont have him out on the field gimpy. There is no need to injure that knee any more than it already is. With a bad leg, there is a chance to injure something else as well...with no escapability.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2012, 12:13 PM
For the kid's sake...I hope the coaches dont have him out on the field gimpy. There is no need to injure that knee any more than it already is. With a bad leg, there is a chance to injure something else as well...with no escapability.He might end up playing afterall with a knee brace what from i read and heard.

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 12:34 PM
He might end up playing afterall with a knee brace what from i read and heard.

My Niece tried that her senior year too....for basketball. She did a lot more damage to that knee even with the brace. They had to clean out a lot of scar tissue around the tear and that impacted the healing process. I would hope that the coaches and doctors wouldnt be that dumb.

Bull's-eye
11-30-2012, 01:01 PM
My Niece tried that her senior year too....for basketball. She did a lot more damage to that knee even with the brace. They had to clean out a lot of scar tissue around the tear and that impacted the healing process. I would hope that the coaches and doctors wouldnt be that dumb.

I definitely hear what you are saying, but I'm sure the young man wants to play & not miss this opportunity of a lifetime. If the doctors give him the okay, more power to him.

MUSTANG69
11-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I definitely hear what you are saying, but I'm sure the young man wants to play & not miss this opportunity of a lifetime. If the doctors give him the okay, more power to him.

According to the CC Caller he has been checked out by the San Antonio Spurs team doctor and was given the go ahead to play with a brace.

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 01:57 PM
According to the CC Caller he has been checked out by the San Antonio Spurs team doctor and was given the go ahead to play with a brace.

I would imagine that this would impact the play calling. May not run as much zone read.

Bull's-eye
11-30-2012, 02:09 PM

Good for him! Here's to an injury free game for all the players involved.

Red Bull
11-30-2012, 02:36 PM
I hear Bellville has been preparing to face him as the QB.

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
I hear Bellville has been preparing to face him as the QB.

Let's hope so.

HEMOTOXIC
11-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Go BULLS!

OLE'BULL
11-30-2012, 02:45 PM
He should not play, not a smart move at all. I dont care how much you love your team, its not worth it. They will NOT have a shot at winning a state championship, with or without him. Healthy or not. ACL surgery is rough enough, don't make it any worse than it has to be. He needs to think long term. Does he want to try and play in college somewhere? Does he want to be able to run around with his kids when he is a father? Etc. I hope for the HIS sake, not Orange Groves or Coach Bomars, he is not pushed in to playing. Sure, a Doc or two looked at it, but I can promise you, his advice was to not play, and get it repaired. He was probably asked "Is there ANY way I can play?" The Doc couldn't lie and break his oath, so he told him how. At the end of the day, I guess its his choice, but dont make his decision to play easy on him. He is not old enough and there is too much emotion going on inside him right now to make a rational decision. Just my 2 cents...

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 02:54 PM
He should not play, not a smart move at all. I dont care how much you love your team, its not worth it. They will NOT have a shot at winning a state championship, with or without him. Healthy or not. ACL surgery is rough enough, don't make it any worse than it has to be. He needs to think long term. Does he want to try and play in college somewhere? Does he want to be able to run around with his kids when he is a father? Etc. I hope for the HIS sake, not Orange Groves or Coach Bomars, he is not pushed in to playing. Sure, a Doc or two looked at it, but I can promise you, his advice was to not play, and get it repaired. He was probably asked "Is there ANY way I can play?" The Doc couldn't lie and break his oath, so he told him how. At the end of the day, I guess its his choice, but dont make his decision to play easy on him. He is not old enough and there is too much emotion going on inside him right now to make a rational decision. Just my 2 cents...

I agree....my niece regrets playing with her ACL tear.

pirate4state
11-30-2012, 03:43 PM

agreed

Bull's-eye
11-30-2012, 04:27 PM

You make some good points! I would have to know the degree of the injury & the possible damage that could occur by him continuing to play. He did continue playing in their last game, but it still boils down to him & his family deciding if the reward is worth the risk.

trg
11-30-2012, 04:27 PM
agreed

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

ACL Tears are nothing to mess around with. Still recovering from one this summer.

OLE'BULL
11-30-2012, 04:32 PM
You make some good points! I would have to know the degree of the injury & the possible damage that could occur by him continuing to play. He did continue playing in their last game, but it still boils down to him & his family deciding if the reward is worth the risk.

Well if its a minor tear, sometimes they might not require surgery, so he shouldnt risk tearing it completely. There is also the damage that he can do to his meniscus, mcl, pcl, etc. That knee is in shock right now and is very weak, obviously making it susceptible to other injury. I just wouldnt risk it...

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Well if its a minor tear, sometimes they might not require surgery, so he shouldnt risk tearing it completely. There is also the damage that he can do to his meniscus, mcl, pcl, etc. That knee is in shock right now and is very weak, obviously making it susceptible to other injury. I just wouldnt risk it...

Couldnt have said it better myself.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Well if its a minor tear, sometimes they might not require surgery, so he shouldnt risk tearing it completely. There is also the damage that he can do to his meniscus, mcl, pcl, etc. That knee is in shock right now and is very weak, obviously making it susceptible to other injury. I just wouldnt risk it...So should Bellville go after his knee legally or just bring him down another way when he runs with the ball?

good luck to both, rooting for both. OG is in our district and respect for Bellville program.

whitelightning5
11-30-2012, 05:11 PM
So should Bellville go after his knee legally or just bring him down another way when he runs with the ball?

good luck to both, rooting for both. OG is in our district and respect for Bellville program.

I dont think there should be any dancing around the injury. If he is out there, you have to assume he can play and you have to do what it takes to stop him. That said, Bellville has never been a dirty team....never will be. I don't think there will be any funny business.

MustangFootball
11-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Let's go OG !!!

Give it to them dirty 30 style!!!!:crazy1:

BrahmaMom
11-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Prayers for the OG QB and his family. I know the team and the town would love to see him play, and know he wants to--badly. Been there, done that...I concur that it isn't worth the risk and I would hope the coaches would vote for this young man's future health and and possible career. I cannot imagine Bellville going after this player... Here's to safe travels for all and an injury-free game. My heart is with the Brahmas--play hard and get the W, Bulls!

Scoop27
11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Is this game on Saturday?

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Prayers for the OG QB and his family. I know the team and the town would love to see him play, and know he wants to--badly. Been there, done that...I concur that it isn't worth the risk and I would hope the coaches would vote for this young man's future health and and possible career. I cannot imagine Bellville going after this player... Here's to safe travels for all and an injury-free game. My heart is with the Brahmas--play hard and get the W, Bulls!

I hope both teams play great and no injuries for either team. Yall drive safe to and from the game. :)

I can't bet against the Bulldogs or the Brahmas. I hope it's gonna be a GOOD GAME! Worth the drive! :):):)

SintonFan
11-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Is this game on Saturday?

Yeppers

Manso/V8
11-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Never believe everything you read on the internet.

You can believe this.........both teams will be well prepared ann this will be a hard fought game.

Brahmas by 7.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2012, 01:35 AM
I agree with you that Bellville wins. Just dont know enough about OG to say that Bellville is "better". I think that since the Wharton game in district, Bellville has improved drastically each week. Beating a stout Sealy team for their final game in district, then winning the first 2 rounds against strong teams, shows that they are peaking at just the right time. I am not sure if OG is prepared for the Slot T the way the Bulls run it. Supposedly it is not foreign to them, as they have seen it a couple times already. But according to Coach Rowe, we have quite a few more wrinkles then those other teams. Our secondary has proven themselves over the last couple, three weeks that we can shut down the pass. Orange Grove prefers to pass out of the spread. I see a couple more INTS from our defense this week. Wouldn't mind a fumble or 2 either! I am ecstatic that I get to catch this one, and it should be a great game. I dont see this game getting out of hand and have a feeling it will be close through 3 quarters. Bellvilles depth and ball control will take over in the 4th and they will put Orange Grove away. Good luck to the Bulls! No injuries on either side, AND.... Brahmas by 2 TD's. 35-21Ingleside and Sinton imo had better skilled position players but that didnt keep them from winning against Ingleside and stop ingleside few times from what i remember in the red zone and playing Sinton a tough game, holding our qb to just over 2 yds a carry for his lowest total. Sinton hit on deep passing plays and big runs by Sinton K. Garcia other than that they played good defensive game.

Dont overlook OG they are a scrappy bunch.

BrahmaMom
12-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks to our Sinton friends for the love and support over the years (it's been 10 since we met in Victoria!) That loss to the Pirates started a wonderful friendship based on mutual respect.

99IHSMustang
12-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Good luck to OG today, your the last of D30. Represent well fellas.

Manso/V8
12-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Game day.
Never underestimate any team in the 3rd round.
Best of luck to both teams.
Here is to a good, clean, injury game.

Tejastrue
12-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Game day.
Never underestimate any team in the 3rd round.
Best of luck to both teams.
Here is to a good, clean, injury game.

+1 but Go Bellville!!

lbjacj
12-01-2012, 12:36 PM
+1 but Go Bellville!!

+2 !

Bull's-eye
12-01-2012, 12:53 PM
+2 !

+3 !!!!

Scoop27
12-01-2012, 01:07 PM
is there a webcast on this game?

whitelightning5
12-01-2012, 01:29 PM
is there a webcast on this game?

typically bellvilleweb.com carries the game.

whitelightning5
12-01-2012, 01:30 PM
typically bellvilleweb.com carries the game.

Go Brahmas....one win at a time. There better be a Red Storm tonight in Converse.

MustangFootball
12-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Go get them OG!!!!

Scoop27
12-01-2012, 06:59 PM
The volume is so low on the broadcast and I have my volume turned up all the way up

whitelightning5
12-01-2012, 07:10 PM
The volume is so low on the broadcast and I have my volume turned up all the way up

No respect for coach Bomar for letting the injured QB play. 3rd play of the game and the QB cuts, and the legs crumble underneath him. DUMB. I dont care if the doctors say "he can't injure the knee any worse"...get out of here.

BrahmaMom
12-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Agree whitelightening5. Bellville ahead 21-0 at the half, but it hasn't been a cake walk. Let's go, Brahmas!

Mic
12-01-2012, 09:35 PM
It is not about Bomar. I coached in OG for 10 years and I can say one about those kids, THEY ARE WINNERS.. No matter the situation or circumstance, they will give everything they have. Ruben chose to play because he wanted to help his team as much as he could. I applauded both the players and coaches for their effort. I only wish every team I ever coached had that spirit and and heart the OG Bulldogs have.

whitelightning5
12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
It is not about Bomar. I coached in OG for 10 years and I can say one about those kids, THEY ARE WINNERS.. No matter the situation or circumstance, they will give everything they have. Ruben chose to play because he wanted to help his team as much as he could. I applauded both the players and coaches for their effort. I only wish every team I ever coached had that spirit and and heart the OG Bulldogs have.

I'm not questioning the heart or the want to of any athlete. There is a reason the NFL has the concussion policies that they have. All of the players want to play after they get injured. Its the coach and doctors job to keep them off of the field and avoid further injury. As a responsible adult you keep the kid off of the field. Things could have gotten much worse for the young man....not being able to escape could have led to a more significant injurty.

OLE'BULL
12-02-2012, 12:20 AM

Doesn't matter if they are winners or not. He shouldn't have had pads on tonight, mine as well stepped on the field. I put that on the head coach, chastise me all you want. Never give an 18 year old kid the power to make the call in this situation. Hopefully he didn't do any more damage. Orange Grove coaching staff, you disappoint me. Bring on the comebacks Orange Grove...

pirate4state
12-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Congrats to the Brahmas. Sounds like OG put up a little bit of a fight, but I knew that ultimately they would just be outmatched...BIG TIME! Good season OG!

99IHSMustang
12-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Congrats on a great season OG.

Red Bull
12-02-2012, 09:23 AM
I agree #3 should have never played. Bad call on someone's part. I just hope he overcomes this bad decision.

Epicpirates
12-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm not questioning the heart or the want to of any athlete. There is a reason the NFL has the concussion policies that they have. All of the players want to play after they get injured. Its the coach and doctors job to keep them off of the field and avoid further injury. As a responsible adult you keep the kid off of the field. Things could have gotten much worse for the young man....not being able to escape could have led to a more significant injurty.

:ditto::ditto: these are after all , KIDS! It's up to the ADULT coach to kow what's best...but this is Texas High School football, where rational thinking doesn't always win out in the end. I hope this young man heals quickly. Congrats to OG!

Tejastrue
12-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Congrats Bellville!!

catfish
12-02-2012, 11:22 PM
I wonder who the OG fans will blame this loss on,the players or coaches.I know they didn't lose the game simply because Bellvlille was the better team...Just kidding,a friendly poke at some Wimberley fans.Great season OG,Congrats to the Bulls!!

Tejastrue
12-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I wonder who the OG fans will blame this loss on,the players or coaches.I know they didn't lose the game simply because Bellvlille was the better team...Just kidding,a friendly poke at some Wimberley fans.Great season OG,Congrats to the Bulls!!

Really catfish??? What is the problem in believing in your team...regardless of the outcome.

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 01:21 AM
I am really perplexed by those that are "outraged" the OG QB tried to play or was allowed to try play with an injury. I The kid was injured in the first half of their game the week before against Raymondville, he JOGGED off the field after the injury, and returned to play the entire second half of that game and help lead his team to victory with 21 points in the second half. From what I saw on the film, he only had his knee wrapped and he wasn't wearing a brace. Congrats to him for having the heart to try to do the same thing on Saturday, and I am sorry he wasn't able to finish the game. He can have his knee repaired and it will likely be as good as new in time, and his attempt to play on Saturday will most likely have no impact on how well his knee is repaired. There are kids his age that are getting limbs blown off and killed, let's put this in perspective.

He tried , it didn't work out, and he is going to be okay. I bet he is going to be the kind of employee that doesn't call in sick because he has a headache, or doesn't feel 100%.

I know this may shock you, and please don't turn me in to Child Protective Services, but I let my kids ride their bikes without a helpmet.

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 01:32 AM

The OG kids played wtih full effort until the end. Sure, the fact that the starting QB couldn't play put them at a big disadvantage, but never gave up. The freshman who took his place did very well given the circumstances. He was tearing us up in the first series he played. Congrats to OG on a fine season.

The OG coaching staff was dead set on stopping our running game, basically stacking 10 players in the box. It didn't make sense to be so unbalanced on D.
I am really surprised that OG didn't have a back up QB prepared all season long. I read that the freshman QB had been the starting JV QB all year, and had watched the previous week game from stands.

catfish
12-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Really catfish??? What is the problem in believing in your team...regardless of the outcome.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with supporting and beliveing in your team.It just kind of irks me that when a team loses that is used to winning,even though they lost to a more athletic well coached team,some people need to dissect what went wrong and who made the mistakes.If you get beat someone,missed a block,didn,t make a tackle,called a play that didn't work,or a hundred other things....Wimberley has great kids and coaches,they tried their hardest and had a great year,sorry I brought it up.

whitelightning5
12-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I am really perplexed by those that are "outraged" the OG QB tried to play or was allowed to try play with an injury. I The kid was injured in the first half of their game the week before against Raymondville, he JOGGED off the field after the injury, and returned to play the entire second half of that game and help lead his team to victory with 21 points in the second half. From what I saw on the film, he only had his knee wrapped and he wasn't wearing a brace. Congrats to him for having the heart to try to do the same thing on Saturday, and I am sorry he wasn't able to finish the game. He can have his knee repaired and it will likely be as good as new in time, and his attempt to play on Saturday will most likely have no impact on how well his knee is repaired. There are kids his age that are getting limbs blown off and killed, let's put this in perspective.

He tried , it didn't work out, and he is going to be okay. I bet he is going to be the kind of employee that doesn't call in sick because he has a headache, or doesn't feel 100%.

I know this may shock you, and please don't turn me in to Child Protective Services, but I let my kids ride their bikes without a helpmet.

Yeah he finished the game against Raymondville. That was before anyone knew the severity of the injury. Knowing he has an ACL tear, its not too late to make the decision to keep him out of the Bellville game. Yes he has heart. Most athletes have heart and would love to play with injuries, but responsible coaches and parents dont let this happen. That said, let me ask you a question. You leave the injured QB in the game. He is obviously gimpy. The defenses blitzes and his escapability is gone because of his injured knee. He gets drilled and suffers an injury much worse than a knee injury. Then what? Who takes the blame then? I'm glad you would take that risk with your children.....it wont happen with mine. But...I guess I do make my children ride their bicycle with a helmet on.

And please....DO NOT EVER compare this to war or injuries sustained in the line of duty. Football is a game. This pisses me off worse than the injured QB being allowed to play. Under no circumstance are these 2 topics the same. Sounds like you need things put into perspective.

OLE'BULL
12-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah he finished the game against Raymondville. That was before anyone knew the severity of the injury. Knowing he has an ACL tear, its not too late to make the decision to keep him out of the Bellville game. Yes he has heart. Most athletes have heart and would love to play with injuries, but responsible coaches and parents dont let this happen. That said, let me ask you a question. You leave the injured QB in the game. He is obviously gimpy. The defenses blitzes and his escapability is gone because of his injured knee. He gets drilled and suffers an injury much worse than a knee injury. Then what? Who takes the blame then? I'm glad you would take that risk with your children.....it wont happen with mine. But...I guess I do make my children ride their bicycle with a helmet on.

And please....DO NOT EVER compare this to war or injuries sustained in the line of duty. Football is a game. This pisses me off worse than the injured QB being allowed to play. Under no circumstance are these 2 topics the same. Sounds like you need things put into perspective.

+1, couldn't have said it better myself...

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 10:42 PM

The outrage that this kid played three snaps in the final game of his high school carreer has dominated the thread since the game.
He tried and he is going to be ok.

I do have it in perspective, it is just a different perspective than yours.

Tejastrue
12-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Without knowing the story behind the story it's easy to criticize all parties involved for allowing this young man to play. It was their decision to make so let the player and his family deal with any repercussions that may arise from this decision.

Hey Bellville folks. Did you guys come out healthy from this game?

Manso/V8
12-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey Bellville folks. Did you guys come out healthy from this game?

A couple of kids came out of the game limping a little, but from what I have heard, everyone is ready to play on Saturday.

We did have a third year starter at OLB, #36 , back in action for the OG game. He had been out since the Sealy game.

We are gonna need the whole crew to stop what I think they call their Tidal Wave offense.

I think they call their defense the Sea Wall.

Sounds like they have good community and RGV support, it should be fun.

Tejastrue
12-03-2012, 11:28 PM
That is good news Manso. Will be pulling for you guys!

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 09:38 AM
That is good news Manso. Will be pulling for you guys!

Thanks Tejas! We are enjoying this time, and taking it all in one week at a time.

Manso/V8
12-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Some game highlights.

http://www.kristv.com/videoplayer/?v...&categories=77

hookandladder
12-04-2012, 12:42 PM

You better watch what you say, do you know who you are talking about. No one ever loses because the other team just has that much more talent then the other team, there has to be another reason some where.