PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville vs. Monahans another Wing-T vs. the Spread

Hornet
11-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Gatesville vs. Monahans Friday at Shotwell STadium in Abilene.....thoughts? predictions?

M-town lobo fan
11-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Great Matchup..Get ready for 3 yards and a cloud of dust from the Loboes..Monahans needs to move the chains consistently and play keep away from Gatesville High powered O..Its going to come down to Gatesville run D if they cant stop the wing T run get ready to see that clock melt down real quick..

defense51
11-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Gatesville is susceptible to the run, they had no answer to our running game. You can run on them, but you better have your defense ready to go when you score, they can light it up on offense. Contain the Gatesville QB (if you can) and you have a chance. This should be a good game, Monohans is always a tough out. I'll go with the Hornets in this one by 10.

Hornet
11-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Great Matchup..Get ready for 3 yards and a cloud of dust from the Loboes..Monahans needs to move the chains consistently and play keep away from Gatesville High powered O..Its going to come down to Gatesville run D if they cant stop the wing T run get ready to see that clock melt down real quick..

The other Ville (Gatesville) is now very adept to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Moving to District 8 this year has given the Hornets plenty of Wing-T ect ...and of course the Alvarado ground game (Lee Hardy) is the best we have seen. Hornets pretty much shut down Vernon, QB made some nice plays and runs...being pretty mobile.

Just hope you all do not get down by a couple scores....if so...it may be a long night for the Loboes....

hollywood
11-24-2012, 07:50 PM
The other Ville (Gatesville) is now very adept to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Moving to District 8 this year has given the Hornets plenty of Wing-T ect ...and of course the Alvarado ground game (Lee Hardy) is the best we have seen. Hornets pretty much shut down Vernon, QB made some nice plays and runs...being pretty mobile.

Just hope you all do not get down by a couple scores....if so...it may be a long night for the Loboes....

Monahans has a great program and traditionally plays well in the playoffs. They have faced spread teams in recent years and are familiar enough to adjust. They played AW well. Gatesville should win this game but don't be surprised when Monahans is keeping this game close. They are a very well coached team with rich tradition and have the team to upset your Hornets. Good luck to both.

Hornet
11-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Monahans has a great program and traditionally plays well in the playoffs. They have faced spread teams in recent years and are familiar enough to adjust. They played AW well. Gatesville should win this game but don't be surprised when Monahans is keeping this game close. They are a very well coached team with rich tradition and have the team to upset your Hornets. Good luck to both.

Any team that has made it three deep has the ability to knock off the other....looking forward to a good match-up.

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Monahans has a bit of QB controversy on their hands. Starter goes down with injury and next man up brings a lot to the table. They alternated every series against Shallow, while the backup led every TD drive for Monahans. On D they are not great, but scrappy. Gatesville will present numerous challenges for this defense. The passing game and speed on the edge will be very difficult for Monahans to handle.

Their isn't a team in the state who fails the "looks test" more than Monahans. After the game, you realize how coaching and preparation always makes Monahans a great opponent. In my opinion, Monahans is about to play the best team they've seen all year. The Wylie they barely lost to wasn't nearly the Wylie team they are at full strength.

Monahans will need 3+ turnovers and a near perfect offensive game to win. I'd never count them out though!

M-town lobo fan
11-24-2012, 10:29 PM
The backup QB #12 Walker has done a whole lot better than the starting QB..Everyone in the stands including Stevie Wonder can see that but the Coach..Our starting QB avg 50 yrds a game and 2 completions guess he thinks thats going to take us to the promise land..Thats why teams put 9 in the box every game

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 11:11 PM
The coach knows what he's doing...

Inmateboss
11-25-2012, 12:21 PM
The backup QB #12 Walker has done a whole lot better than the starting QB..Everyone in the stands including Stevie Wonder can see that but the Coach..Our starting QB avg 50 yrds a game and 2 completions guess he thinks thats going to take us to the promise land..Thats why teams put 9 in the box every game

Oh your talking about Monahans!!! I thought you were talking about the university of texas longhorns!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Eagle 1
11-25-2012, 01:18 PM
It's the year of the Hornet. :2thumbsup

Ranger Mom
11-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Go Gringo!!!

hollywood
11-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Monahans, if you can stop #9 from Gatesville, you have a chance. No one has been able to yet. Great athlete. He's not the only player on the team of course, but he's the one that makes things happen. Gatesville has a good squad this year and their defense is pesky.

toddg
11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
too bad nobody runs the veer anymore..Gatesville would have had to play them too! LOL! good luck Hornets!

M-town lobo fan
11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Gatesville beat Brownwood, Glen Rose beat Alvarado & Brownwood.Graham blew out Glen Rose..Abilene Wylie blew out Graham..Monahans lost to Abilene Wylie by 3 ..You might be confused now but Its going to be a better game than ppl expect.If Monahans wins this shouldnt be called an upset..Gatesville was 4-6 last year.Monahans was in the Semi-finals..Records dont mean a thing

garciap77
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Monahans wins this one!! GO Gringo!!! GO Gringo!!! GO Gringo!!!

83Indian
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Gatesville beat Brownwood, Glen Rose beat Alvarado & Brownwood.Graham blew out Glen Rose..Abilene Wylie blew out Graham..Monahans lost to Abilene Wylie by 3 ..You might be confused now but Its going to be a better game than ppl expect.If Monahans wins this shouldnt be called an upset..Gatesville was 4-6 last year.Monahans was in the Semi-finals..Records dont mean a thing
Well graham did not blow out glen rose. Gr had two real good scoring chances minus two offensive starters, one who was their best offensive weapon. They did manhandle the gr d. Who beat who is not worth much. With that being said gville is beatable. Your lucky were out. We would have matched up a lot better with y'all than we did with Gatesville. You get a chance to see game film of our game, you will understand. Gatesville qb is legit. Run defense was weak against us but we ran on everyone this year. Good luck this week.

Hornet
11-26-2012, 10:01 PM
I look for another hard fought Hornet victory. Hornets will be ready for Monahans rushing attack via the Wing T. Hornets will give up a few scores, but Monahans better hope they score on every posseion....if the Hornets get up early like they did against Vernon...it may too little too late. I may be wrong...but I just do not see Monahans being as strong as Alvarado, but it is now three deep in the playoffs and anything can happen. Padilla has Hornets by 7. I see the score Hornets 35 - the "Hans" 21.

hollywood
11-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Monahans will get after it on defense. They have the type of team that causes havoc on teams like Gateville. If Gatesville D is susceptible to the run, it can cause pressure for e offense to score on every possession.

toddg
11-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Monahans will get after it on defense. They have the type of team that causes havoc on teams like Gateville. If Gatesville D is susceptible to the run, it can cause pressure for e offense to score on every possession.

That's the thing Hollywood...the Hornets are very good at scoring on every possession, when needed... #9 has great touch on the long ball.

Hornet
11-26-2012, 10:57 PM
I believed the Hornets scored on 7 of 9 posseions aginst Vernon and scored on every posseion in the red zone.

M-town lobo fan
11-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Monahans, if you can stop #9 from Gatesville, you have a chance. No one has been able to yet. Great athlete. He's not the only player on the team of course, but he's the one that makes things happen..

Monahans will be ready!!! Im sure he's a great player or else they wouldn't be here and undefeated..Monahans faced K.Ward (Snyder) 3 years.Nobody could stop him and said Loboes wouldn't either and we shut him down 3-0 vs Ward a Div 1 player..Monahans has faced many Great players in past few years Shipley,McCoy,Colin Jones..Won some lost some..Monahans is not new to this Loboes will be ready for #9 and Gatesville..Goodluck to both teams..

Hornet
11-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Monahans will be ready!!! Im sure he's a great player or else they wouldn't be here and undefeated..Monahans faced K.Ward (Snyder) 3 years.Nobody could stop him and said Loboes wouldn't either and we shut him down 3-0 vs Ward a Div 1 player..Monahans has faced many Great players in past few years Shipley,McCoy,Colin Jones..Won some lost some..Monahans is not new to this Loboes will be ready for #9 and Gatesville..Goodluck to both teams..

No doubt both teams will be in top form for this bout and will get after each other on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to Friday night!

#1 TEXAN
11-27-2012, 12:04 AM

I wouldnt be thinking of the wylie game if im not mistaking they had 6 starters out of that game, gatesville has won some impresive games this year. Do the lobos have any big wins against ranked teams?

LionFan72
11-27-2012, 05:11 AM
I can see this game being a lot closer than most expect. Monahans is always a tough out, year in and year out. I believe Gatesville will prevail 28-24 in a slobberknocker.

Red&White_9x5
11-27-2012, 11:07 AM
I haven't got to see Gatesville, but I have heard a ton about them all season long. I do know that you don't get to 12-0 without being pretty dang salty. I have seen Monahans and although they don't look like world beaters when they walk out on the field, they are very coached and play as hard as any team you will find. They do what they do which is execute very well, and play keep away. If they can do this against Gatesville, they have a solid chance, but if they don't keep the ball out of the Hornets hands, or give the Hornets extra chances by turing it over, it may be a longgg night for the Lobos. I think this one is very tough to call

M-town lobo fan
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Monahans isn't Fantsy,Exlposive or lights up the score board..They just line up Hit you in the mouth put up enough points to beat you..You watch them they dont have superstars.Some say they are boring to watch and not that good but some how they manage to make deep runs in the playoffs year in year out..

westtxfballfan
11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
I haven't got to see Gatesville, but I have heard a ton about them all season long. I do know that you don't get to 12-0 without being pretty dang salty. I have seen Monahans and although they don't look like world beaters when they walk out on the field, they are very coached and play as hard as any team you will find. They do what they do which is execute very well, and play keep away. If they can do this against Gatesville, they have a solid chance, but if they don't keep the ball out of the Hornets hands, or give the Hornets extra chances by turing it over, it may be a longgg night for the Lobos. I think this one is very tough to call

I think you hit a big key to the game right on the head: lobo turnovers. I think Monahans will be able to run on Gatesville, but they have to eliminate fumbles. Their defensive front is going to be tougher on the Gatesville O than most expect, too. I can see them slowing Gatesville down enough, and eating enough clock on offense, to win a lower scoring game than most expect, 20-24ish, that will include a couple of long, slow, "boring," 6 minute lobo scoring drives.

Hornet
11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
I think you hit a big key to the game right on the head: lobo turnovers. I think Monahans will be able to run on Gatesville, but they have to eliminate fumbles. Their defensive front is going to be tougher on the Gatesville O than most expect, too. I can see them slowing Gatesville down enough, and eating enough clock on offense, to win a lower scoring game than most expect, 20-24ish, that will include a couple of long, slow, "boring," 6 minute lobo scoring drives.

That has been the game plan for most teams the Hornets have faced this year. Play keep away...the Hornets have the capacity to play the same ball..against Vernon they had one 7 minute drive..and one 5 minute drive...the key for Monahans is not to give up the big play and get down early. Teams the HOrnets have faced did not have the personnel to match-up in all phases...with the exclusion of Alvarado...if you take away the passing game you have to defend against (2) 1000 yard rushers, if you commit to defending the run...then you have to defend a passing attack that has thrown for over 2400 yards. Alvarado matched the Hornets personnel very good, but the wheels just fell off for the Indians the last 5 minutes.

The game may come down to turnovers and special teams play if both teams are able to execute their plans. Should be a great game by two well deserving teams.

toddg
11-27-2012, 05:32 PM
good luck to both teams!! though i would like to see Gatesville advance to state and win it!!

20loboes10
11-28-2012, 05:04 PM
One thing that people seem to be pointing out is that monahans is not a very big team when talking about the size of the kids. They are by far the smallest and athletically lacking team we have had since probably before the 2005 season. The credit for the success we have had this year goes all to head coach Mickey Owens well and alittle should go to how the playoff bracket turned out because the first two rounds would have been a cake walk for most any decent team. Another point to realize is when monahans has faced teams with one or two amazing athletes they have usually lost. Whoever said we have won some lost some must have counted all 3 of the wins against the snyder kid. Case McCoy in 2010 was a loss(granted if the 2010 team was full strength they would have walked over Graham, 3 torn acls starting tailback, fullback, starting tight end and 1 broken neck starting quarterback-arguably the best qb in all of 3A anyone who saw him play understands.) and Jaxon Shipley in 2011 was a bad loss he made our secondary look like they were standing still. And for the Snyder kid i think he was alittle overrated and he had a sh** team around him so thats not really fair to use him. Great coaching can only get you so far in high school before the talent of the depth chart starts to show. Sadly I believe Gatesville is going to win this game. They have shown game in and game out that they can score on anyone consistently and when Monahans gets down the wing t is the worst offense to have when trying to play catch up. The only chance the loboes have is for the hornets to play their worst game of the year and for monahans to play their very best. Gatesville is clearly the better team but this is high school football after all and crazier things have happened!

M-town lobo fan
11-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Monahans won some and lost some..Read my previous topic closely..We went 3-0 vs Ward and we beat Bridgeport with Colin Jones which was a Div 1 and still in the NFL so that means some lol..and no wing T is not a come from behind style of football but some how this year we did manage to overcome a 35-14 deficit in the 4th qtr vs sweetwater scored 4 tds & couldve been 5 tds but we kneeled it at their 3 yard line in a span of 7 minutes to win 39-35..
PS If your not going to cheer or pull for your own hometown move to Pecos

toddg
11-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Monahans won some and lost some..Read my previous topic closely..We went 3-0 vs Ward and we beat Bridgeport with Colin Jones which was a Div 1 and still in the NFL so that means some lol..and no wing T is not a come from behind style of football but some how this year we did manage to overcome a 35-14 deficit in the 4th qtr vs sweetwater scored 4 tds & couldve been 5 tds but we kneeled it at their 3 yard line in a span of 7 minutes to win 39-35..

or Mentone

Tejastrue
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
I like the Loboes chances. Don't forget they have something like 12 returning starters from last years semi-finalist team. Just might be the difference in this game.

Dowork
11-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Monahans will win this game.wing t teams r hard to prepare for if u haven't faced one.ill say 21-14 monahans

toddg
11-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Monahans will win this game.wing t teams r hard to prepare for if u haven't faced one.ill say 21-14 monahans

Gatesville has already faced the wing-t twice this season..LH and Vernon i believe.

Hornet
11-28-2012, 07:35 PM

Gatesville has faced 3 pure Wing T offenses this year in Lampasas, Liberty Hill and Vernon. In all scenarios the Hornets have jumped out to an early lead and the those offenses felt the pressure of trying to make a comeback. I am sure the execution of the offense for Monahans will be better than what Gatesville has seen. Liberty Hill execution in carrying out fakes ect...was very good, they just did not have the athletes to match up. In the case of Vernon, Gatesville simply shut them down in the first half and built a 17 point lead. To thier credit they did mount a comeback in the 4th quarter....but by the time of their last score Gatesville had in the 2nd string defense. Gatesville had built such a lead the outcome was inevitable.

panfan
11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Gatesville has faced 3 pure Wing T offenses this year in Lampasas, Liberty Hill and Vernon. In all scenarios the Hornets have jumped out to an early lead and the those offenses felt the pressure of trying to make a comeback. I am sure the execution of the offense for Monahans will be better than what Gatesville has seen. Liberty Hill execution in carrying out fakes ect...was very good, they just did not have the athletes to match up. In the case of Vernon, Gatesville simply shut them down in the first half and built a 17 point lead. To thier credit they did mount a comeback in the 4th quarter....but by the time of their last score Gatesville had in the 2nd string defense. Gatesville had built such a lead the outcome was inevitable.

Hornets take this one. I for one would have loved to see them earlier in our season as we were beat to hell by the end of the season. Not taking anything away from the Hornets, they are good, but I think we could have played them much better earlier in the season. Good Luck Hornets!

M-town lobo fan
11-28-2012, 08:50 PM
The credit for the success we have had this year goes all to head coach Mickey Owens. Case McCoy in 2010 was a loss(granted if the 2010 team was full strength they would have walked over Graham, 3 torn acls starting tailback, fullback, starting tight end and 1 broken neck starting quarterback-arguably the best qb in all of 3A anyone who saw him play understands.) Great coaching can only get you so far in high school before the talent of the depth chart starts to show. The only chance the loboes have is for the hornets to play their worst game of the year and for monahans to play their very best![/QUOTE]

20loboes10 you must be Trevor,Rex or Quincy

Tres Lobos
11-29-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not Trevor considering that's who I am, and why would I talk down on my own Dads team. This team may not be the most talented bunch, but they will get after you. Their D is strong led by Dave Campbell's defensive player of year in 3A Jackson Scharf. Their O will be solid if they limit the turnovers and control the time of possession. I think the loboes pull out a close one 24-21. I'll be there Friday to root them on!

skins4life
11-29-2012, 10:14 AM

Or Orla

BwdLion73
11-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Good to see part of the Tres Lobos Amigo's still around.;)

jockcity33
11-29-2012, 11:40 AM

You say this and in a later post you tell someone else to move to Pecos if they are not going to support their hometown team, isn't that kinda like the pot calling the kettle black?

M-town lobo fan
11-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Nope thats an opinion..I think the back up QB makes the Loboes alot better..Stats dont liah!! I support the Loboes..Guess coach knows what he's doing we will find out Friday!!!

snaxet
11-29-2012, 09:18 PM
I like the Loboes chances. Don't forget they have something like 12 returning starters from last years semi-finalist team. Just might be the difference in this game.

Teajas, the rest of Wimberley is pulling hard for Gatesville . Gotta support Kyle Cooper, Gatesville head coach and former Wimberley Texan (class of 94). Sat with him last year at the State game in Dallas as he cheered for the Texans in our win over Argyle. It would be an honor to be in Dallas supporting Kyle and the Gatesville Hornets in the state title game. In the meantime I will be cheering for Gatesville each week hoping they can keep the win streak going all the way to Dallas. Gotta believe in Gatesville. Going to be another big win.

Inmateboss
11-30-2012, 12:00 AM

Being from Pecos and still supporting, I guess I have no choice but to holler for Gatesville!!! Go Hornets!!!

Go # 5

Tejastrue
11-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Tejas, the rest of Wimberley is pulling hard for Gatesville . Gotta support Kyle Cooper, Gatesville head coach and former Wimberley Texan (class of 94). Sat with him last year at the State game in Dallas as he cheered for the Texans in our win over Argyle. It would be an honor to be in Dallas supporting Kyle and the Gatesville Hornets in the state title game. In the meantime I will be cheering for Gatesville each week hoping they can keep the win streak going all the way to Dallas. Gotta believe in Gatesville. Going to be another big win.

Unfortunately I arrived here a little later than 94 snaxet. I have made friends in recent years with a guy from Monahans is the reason for my connection to them. We support each other's teams and have shared a pre-game meal or two while talking high school football. My loyalty is with Wimberley of course and wish Mr. Cooper and Gatesville all the best but will still be pulling for the Loboes. Thanks for sharing the info. It has certainly perked my interest to research the Gatesville team and coach a little closer. Kind of a win, win for me I guess whomever comes out on top.

Hornet
11-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Teajas, the rest of Wimberley is pulling hard for Gatesville . Gotta support Kyle Cooper, Gatesville head coach and former Wimberley Texan (class of 94). Sat with him last year at the State game in Dallas as he cheered for the Texans in our win over Argyle. It would be an honor to be in Dallas supporting Kyle and the Gatesville Hornets in the state title game. In the meantime I will be cheering for Gatesville each week hoping they can keep the win streak going all the way to Dallas. Gotta believe in Gatesville. Going to be another big win.

Coach Kyle Cooper is a great guy and super coach. Gatesville is very lucky to have him and the entire staff. He is a great leader and a wonderful example for the young men and women of Gatesville. Gatesville is very happy for him and his entire coaching staff for their accomplishments on the field this year. Keep it going coach...the town of Gatesville is proud of you!

Red&White_9x5
11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Being from Pecos and still supporting, I guess I have no choice but to holler for Gatesville!!! Go Hornets!!!

Go # 5

When is the last time Pecos came even close to beating Monahans on a football field? I am guessing it has been a longggggggg time

Rattler
11-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Good luck to whoever wins this one.......you get to play one more week...... Because next week you are done!

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm torn between staying home and watching Greenwood/Graham in my own back yard or driving over to Shotwell for this one. Probably won't decide until about 6:30 or so. Either way...GO GRINGO! :D

Inmateboss
11-30-2012, 06:30 PM
When is the last time Pecos came even close to beating Monahans on a football field? I am guessing it has been a longggggggg time

Well I graduated in 77 and it wasn't very many times while I was there!! But if word got out that I hollered for y'all I'd be drummed out of reunions for ever!!

Go # 5

GRTIGER
11-30-2012, 07:10 PM
well who ever faces one of these teams better keep the bus warmed up...... hehe

defense51
11-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Good luck to both teams!

20loboes10
11-30-2012, 08:30 PM

You obviously weren't at the bridgeport game because if i recall correctly they had more touchdowns than us and their kicker got hurt so they had to go for 2 everytime and we were able to stop them and we were able to get the win in overtime. But to say we stopped Colin Jones is totally wrong he had a great game. Also the 2005 team had immense talent at almost every position. And lastly Sweetwater is not even close to as talented as Gatesville so that comparison cannot be made. All ive got to say is I have seen gatesville play in person and they were a very good football team. I could care less about alliances to my hometown or anything like that, I just make unbiased decisions on how I see things going. All I care about is seeing a great football game no matter who the teams.

P.S. if you're going to say one of the best coaches in high school football and the leader of your schools football team doesn't know who is the best player to start at the qb position we might as well carpool together to pecos you'll fit right in lol

loboes86
11-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Wow sounds like a good game ! Monahans 13 Gatesville 7 in the second qrt.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2012, 09:18 PM

It's been a really good one. Monahans needs to get some points here with 53 seconds left to make up for the failed two point try.

loboes86
11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Hey Red how ya been ? Monahans 20 Gatesville 7 Wow. :clap:

loboes86
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Gatesville 14 Monahans 20 at half. To bad I'm on call and didn't get to make this one.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2012, 09:34 PM

It's been a really good one. Monahans needs to get some points here with 53 seconds left to make up for the failed two point try.

tex_male
11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Gatesville 14 Monahans 20 at half. To bad I'm on call and didn't get to make this one.

I am here yelling for you!

Great crowd for both teams!

M-town lobo fan
11-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Wish we could take that kickoff back after going up 20-7 with 39 seconds left..That could decide the game..Gatesville gets the ball 2nd half..20-14

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm good 86. You?

Hate that y'all gave up the late TD but that long KO return set them up nicely.

loboes86
11-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Doin good Red. Man sounds like the Hornets can move that ball pretty quick. Monahans has been doin good in second half of games sure hope they keep doing it. Go Loboes !

loboes86
11-30-2012, 10:06 PM
What a game to be missing. Good thing we have Dexter on the radio. 27 to 14 Monahans.

tex_male
11-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Monahans is a stronger second half team 3rd 9:53 Monahans 27 Gatesville 14

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
52 yard TD run. Kid made the corner and was gone.

tex_male
11-30-2012, 10:28 PM
3rd :38 Monahans 34 Gatesville 21

tex_male
11-30-2012, 10:37 PM
4th 9:49 Monahans 34 Gatesville 27 after a blocked PAT

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2012, 10:38 PM
That blocked PAT is huge obviously.

tex_male
11-30-2012, 10:51 PM
4th 2:28 Monahans 34 Gatesville 34

defense51
11-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Updates?

tex_male
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
4th :37 Monahans 3 and 24

tex_male
11-30-2012, 11:04 PM
:17 4th down Monahans punt Gatesville ball at 26

tex_male
11-30-2012, 11:05 PM
:10 Gatesville time out 2nd and 2

tex_male
11-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Over time

loboes86
11-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Game in overtime.

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Monahans to get ball first.

tex_male
11-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Monahans missed Fieldgoal Gatesville ball

Sweetwater Red
11-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Loboes miss FG

tex_male
11-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Gatesville Wins with the FG

loboes86
11-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Good Job Gatesville ! Way to go Monahans we're proad of you guys.

defense51
11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Congrats to the Hornets on another win, and to Monohans for a great season.

tex_male
11-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Congratulations Gatesville

LionFan72
12-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Great season for the Loboes, Congrats to Gatesville on the win, as we all know of those that have gone before, Monahans is a tough out!

Hornet
12-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Hats off to the Loboes, tough team. Hornets find a way to win in OT with 35 yard FG. Hornet D comes up huge in 2nd half with critical stops. Hornet Fight lives on for another week up next the steers of Graham. Friday 730 in stephenville. Hornet Fight Never Dies!

toddg
12-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Hats off to the Loboes, tough team. Hornets find a way to win in OT with 35 yard FG. Hornet D comes up huge in 2nd half with critical stops. Hornet Fight lives on for another week up next the steers of Graham. Friday 730 in stephenville. Hornet Fight Never Dies!

Way to go Hornets!!