PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Tryouts (cuts)

Curious to how the 3A teams/coaches
Handle this in your school. I understand if school participation is low its a given let everyone be on the team. Lets here about the flip side where seniors may take spots from more talented players and why you think it's good or bad.

Matthew328
11-22-2012, 01:17 PM
well at the varsity level you just say I have 15 jerseys and thats it.....if there's a junior or soph and he's not in the top 10 he should be on JV...the 11-15 spots can go to seniors because they probably won't play anyway...if you have a lot of seniors you just tell them they can on the team and practice but there's not enough jerseys

rholl
11-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Srs also depends on if they have been in the program for 3 previous yrs. A Sr that has never played and is just now coming out shouldnt be garaunteed a roster spot just because he is a senior.

injuredinmelee
11-23-2012, 05:33 AM
Because so many wanted to make this joke and haven't I will go ahead and take credit:

Go ahead and get those orange balls aired up. Season starts December 1st....

Because so many wanted to make this joke and haven't I will go ahead and take credit:

Go ahead and get those orange balls aired up. Season starts December 1st....

Season already started. We still have business to handle until Mid December.
Any 3A teams have tryout a like the old days. Or has school basketball changed? I remember you either made the team or not. I don't remember having everyone play who wanted to.

[QUOTE=Ville;1719853]Season already started. We still have business to handle until Mid December.
Any 3A teams have a tryout like the old days. Or has school basketball changed? I remember you either made the team or not. I don't remember having everyone playing.