PDA

View Full Version : MARLIN BULLDOGS 11-4 Vs Atlanta Rabbits 11-4. 6:00 PM TYLER ROSE STADIUM

MARLINFAN
12-14-2003, 05:05 AM
what do u think. will be a good one

<small>[ December 15, 2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

SintonFan
12-14-2003, 05:19 AM
Congratulations Marlins!
I saw a very explosive team tonight. Good luck in the title game!

marlin fan
12-14-2003, 06:13 AM
Mr. B told us that the state game was going to be at Texas Stadium.

lotus67
12-14-2003, 06:19 AM
home of the$3 hot chocolate and$6 super bowl nachos :D they were great

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: lotus67 ]</small>

3afan
12-14-2003, 08:02 AM
actually the nachos are $6.50 - but worth it! and what a great game, congrats gainesville.

Old No. 7
12-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Congrats Marlin. I'll be pulling for ya at state too. :) :)

3afan2K3
12-14-2003, 09:30 AM
ATLANTA IA THE RABBITS, not the jackrabbits

Gilmer Buckeye
12-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Best wishes to all the Marlin Bulldogs. Certainly y'all have made a great run and somewhat redeemed Collier-Sharp's tattered reputation by making it to the title game.

But I predict some of your euphoria will wear off when Atlanta takes the field against you.

There's fast and then there's FAST! When the Rabbits run a play or scheme on offense or defense, you don't realize it's happened until one of them says afterwards, "Wanna see that one again?"

marlinbulldogplayer
12-14-2003, 11:28 AM
this game will be played saturday at 6 in tyler at rose stadium.. should be a good game.

Rabbit'93
12-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Gilmer Buckeye:

There's fast and then there's FAST! When the Rabbits run a play or scheme on offense or defense, you don't realize it's happened until one of them says afterwards, "Wanna see that one again?"LOL

Keith7
12-14-2003, 01:05 PM
I'm goin for Atlanta.. I picked them to win state before the season started, and i'm sticking with them..

speed kills

brahmagirl
12-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Good luck Atlanta! Take state!!!

There must be some kind of tradition to support the team who beats you in their future endeavors. I guess I'm just weird because I support Atlanta ALL THE WAY! Good luck, guys- you can do it!

<small>[ December 14, 2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: brahmagirl ]</small>

MARLINFAN
12-15-2003, 09:18 AM
ROSE STADIUM IS NOT THAT BIG. I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL HOLD A STATE GAME

duckbutter
12-15-2003, 09:41 AM
I keep seeing people pick Atlanta because they have speed.....HELLO.....Marlin will make them look slow at every position. If Atlanta wins it won't be because they have more speed.

fmsc64
12-15-2003, 10:49 AM
:( (Is it sour grapes or just rudeness to not praise a team when they have beaten your team?)

The Bulldogs were awesome Saturday night at the Alamo Dome if you didn't see the game! :D The Tarpons were fighters, but we fought harder and the score reflects that! :) The BULLDOGS will be fighting even harder this Saturday night in Tyler and the "Atlanta Rabbits" better watch out because our "BULLDOGS" just love to capture Rabbits, of any kind!

"We are going to the tip and we aren't afraid so get ready to see another good fight! May the BEST play their Best and may the very Best win and when the final quarter is over may the Best be Marlin Bulldogs - Purple And Gold, if the Good Lord is willing and we have played our very Best!!!

Go BULLDOGS!! Fight like you've never fought before! COME READY OR NEVER START!!! wink

You haters go away and remembered how you ran your mouths last week! Say something nice this week or don't say anything at all!!!

"ACTIONS=REACTIONS=CONSEQUENCES (LIKE WINNING THE GAME!!!)"

"Who let those Dogs out?!"

Hey "Bulldogs" stayed focused this week, practice everyday to win and remember we all love you and appreciated your talents and energies you have given to get us this far. I for one know you have more than the abilities and skills to win state. Make every play count and keep in mind we haven't won until the game is over Saturday night in Tyler! Make it happen, keep up the desire to do only your very best and pull together as a team harder than you all have ever done before. It takes talent and skills, but also lots of desire to win! Go for it, this is your year to shine all the way to the tip!!!!! wink

MARLIN BULLDOGS! MARLIN BULLDOGS! MARLIN BULLDOGS!
GOING TO THE TIP TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

andy_dufresne
12-15-2003, 11:41 AM
MARLINFAN:
ROSE STADIUM IS NOT THAT BIG. I DONT KNOW IF IT WILL HOLD A STATE GAMERose Stadium seats 13,000, PLENTY of room for a 3A final.

afflac65
12-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Should be a great game. Congradulations to both teams. Where is rose staduim. Give directions from waco.

repeat2002
12-15-2003, 03:28 PM
duckbutter - keep dreaming if you think that marlin is faster than atlanta (defending state track champions in which they won all three relays of which none were close)
i don't know who will win the game - i haven't seen either team play - marlin may have some speed but i don't think they will make atlanta look slow

SintonFan
12-15-2003, 03:58 PM
marlin fan, check your pm...

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-15-2003, 05:01 PM
Going for Marlin on this one.
Marlin 21
Atlanta 17

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-15-2003, 05:28 PM
I have seen Atlanta and it has been said that they have speed. Well it is true. Now my Vernon Lions were not slow by any means in fact, we have some very quick DB's. But man Atlanta is down right fast. They are quick off the ball and their defense is the best I have seen all year. They have size and quickness. If their HB gets behind into your secondary then they can go all they way. That simple. Now they play a lot of players both ways, so they may get tired as the game goes on. Also as Vernon was comming back on them I saw a lot of arguing out there on their side of the football when it wasn't going their way. That is always a bad sign. But the fact is that this team is loaded with athletes. I mean they are very athletic and they all have speed and they all have size. #44 Burns will have a heck of a game. I haven't seen Marlin play this year, but I'll bet you that it will be a good game. You will see the speed I promise. Several Atlanta posters were talking about how fast they were and I thought hey so are we, but we were not quite as fast as they were. We did have bigger hearts though! Oh yes, one weakness...special teams. Vernon kicked and recovered an onside, they also muffed a punt, and missed extra points. So a really good team should exploit that.

I'm pulling for Atlanta since they beat my Lions. TarponFanInNorthTexas has seen both Atlanta and Marlin play so he should be able to give an objective breakdown.

Buckeye80
12-15-2003, 08:03 PM
afflac65:
Should be a great game. Congradulations to both teams. Where is rose staduim. Give directions from waco.From Waco, I'd take 31 to Tyler through Athens. When you get to Loop 323, go straight across. Hwy 31 turns into Front St. in Tyler, and the stadium is just off of Front St. Go about 2 miles I'd say until you see Fair Park Dr. Take a right on FP and the stadium is right in front of you. The sign on Front St. doesn't say Rose Stadium. The stadium is actually named after a guy whose name I can't recall at this moment, but trust me, you can't miss it!

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Marlin by 10,
GO DAWGS GO.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-16-2003, 12:11 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
TarponFanInNorthTexas has seen both Atlanta and Marlin play so he should be able to give an objective breakdown.I COULD, but I won't...... :D Consider it my official protest, so to speak. I'm ticked the game isn't at Texas Stadium like I thought it would be. Because of that, I can't make it to the game.

M-square
12-16-2003, 04:23 PM
THIS YOUNG JESSICA, I JUST WANNA SAY GOOD LUCK WINNIN STATE. I WANNA GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO DNERIAN,T-MAC,REDD,PTP(DEVON),DUKE,PIG,KENNYB,B-HILL,CODY,PUDDA,TINY WILSON,MARK,DED, BIG GRIFF, MICARL,J.G.,CHRIS STEWART,AND DARRELL MANIGO. FROM THE DIZZY'S, ROBIN AKA R-DIZZY,ALEXIS AKA L-DIZZY, PORSHA AKA P-DIZZY,THE DOGGS,C-DOGG,CECE, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST J-STANKA!!! GONE HEAD AND WRECK ON THEM LANTA BOYZ. HOLLA!!!!!!!! THEM 254 BOYZ.

afflac65
12-16-2003, 04:30 PM
This is just a thought too bad this game cant be played were the other 2 sites where the other division II championship are being played saturday. That really would be a great day for high school football you could see the top class in all divisions.
I was just wondering who picked this site did marlin lose the coin toss....

marktaras
12-16-2003, 06:04 PM
Okay, It's been an hour and a half,we need alot more Marlin/Atlanta smack!

afflac65
12-16-2003, 07:08 PM
playing on the same location as the bigger school would give the this game positive publicity and exposure.

duckbutter
12-17-2003, 10:10 AM
As much as I hate to say this: Marlin by 21

MARLINFAN
12-18-2003, 10:35 AM
I think it will be a lot closer than that. duckbutter. this is the last game of the year(state game. this post should be on fire but its just sittin back and it seem like everone on the 3a level has forgot about this game. it seems to me like their not intrested in it

MARLINFAN
12-18-2003, 10:37 AM
i have 3gold stars and 2 silver. why does it not show anymore

duckbutter
12-18-2003, 11:12 AM
I'll stick with Marlin by 21.

BIG DAWG
12-18-2003, 12:25 PM
marlin is a good team and alanta is a good team sorr two great teams it will be a great game

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
12-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Marlin by 10, go dawgs go. Be careful with the turnovers and mistakes bc that's what can decide the game.

Is there going to be any games played in Texas Stadium............??? 5A, 4A, or 3A,...?...oh I'm talking about on saturday?

Buccaneer
12-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Atlanta 34 Marlin 0

JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL06
12-21-2003, 01:49 AM
I believe way too many people underestimated the talent and things Atlanta could do, and they brought it on hard tonight & stomped all over the Marlin Bulldogs! Tough break Marlin but congrats to Atlanta...good job to both on a fine season! :)

PI-fan
12-21-2003, 03:33 AM
Great win Atlanta!!!! :p :D :p :D

kaorder1999
12-21-2003, 04:49 AM
congrats Atlanta...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-22-2003, 07:37 PM
Congrats and much love to the Atlanta Rabbits for showing the Marlin Bulldogs what TRUE Champions are all about.

From what I read about the game, the Marlin players were just acting a fool, were not very sportsmanlike, and just gave up. It's too bad a team with that kind of character even makes it to a state final game. Atlanta would NOT have gotten anything close to that kind of conduct from Port Isabel.

JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL06
12-22-2003, 10:11 PM
Congrats to Atlanta on an AWESOME win! :) Good job to Marlin on a great season but I think the right team won for many reasons. (I won't mention any though 'cause I don't want to get anything started. wink )