PDA

View Full Version : Sinton vs. Bridge City

footballfan
12-04-2001, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have an educated opinion of this match-up? I know by now someone has done their homework. I'll say it's too close to call!

3Aroy
12-04-2001, 01:16 PM
Bridge City has a tough defense that will keep Sinton from having the offensive performances that they are used to having. If Sinton gives Bridge City's tailbacks room to run, they will punish Sinton's D with a bunch of short physical runs. I think it will be a low scoring game that could go either way, but I feel like Bridge City will be the one to advance to the state game.

Cardinal'80
12-04-2001, 01:27 PM
I will say this be very careful to let #32 outside or #10 if they turn the corner it is over no one will catch them. The defense is fast and swarms you don't see any 60 or 70 numbers on the line 2 of the down lineman are track stars. How is Sintons special Teams?

Old Cardinal
12-04-2001, 01:39 PM
I agree, its their speedy team against our speedy team....Neither team has faced a unique situation such as this. BC is an 18 point underdog according to some, oh well, what's new.... The Everman Newspaper had Mexia picked over Bridge City by 27-7---I reality it was 26-7 Bridge City at halftime! I kind of laughed when I heard that the kids for the other schools around Corpus Christi call them the SINTOWN-PIE-RATS

Sofaking_wetodit
12-04-2001, 02:25 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

Sofaking_wetodit
12-04-2001, 02:27 PM
Old Cardinal you have forced me to believe, from your last post, that you are someone that enjoys name calling as long as it is not you on the other end of it....I bet you are the kind of guy that still looks up to a 14 year old boy for guidance.....If you would like to resort to name calling that would be fine by us.....just dont expect us to return the favor.....We consider ourselves a better class of people than that...See you Saturday, Turkey....:X

footballfan
12-04-2001, 02:56 PM
Hey sofaking. Did you even read Old Cards post? He said that he heard of kids from other schools around CC calling names. It is obvious that you have not been part of this forum long if that is your belief of Old Card or any other BC poster. Lots of fans of 3A football post here. Bridge City and Sinton fans have shown class on this forum since the beginning of the season. However, jumping on the wagon this late in the game, you would not know this.

[This message has been edited by footballfan (edited December 04, 2001).]

Sofaking_wetodit
12-04-2001, 03:01 PM
You are right I would not NO anything about it.... http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif...See you Saturday....Turkey

Sofaking_wetodit
12-04-2001, 03:02 PM
you were not quite quick enough..with your edit..lol:O

footballfan
12-04-2001, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the insight 3Aroy! Good luck this weekend!

Old Cardinal
12-04-2001, 03:29 PM
Sorry Sofa, I did not mean to offend-I was just repeating something I thought was humorous.......I have a lot of internet friends from Sinton and I truly want to keep them, even after the ballgame. I think we just might be playing them again next year. I guess, everyone is a little up tight. sorry

eagleman18
12-04-2001, 04:15 PM
my opinion is that bc has had a few more closer games than Sinton. I pick bc to win not just because i want them to win but because I think they will react better to the closer game then Sinton. I don't think sinton's had to play a close game yet this season. That might be because they've just kicked everyone's butt's! I don't know!!! But I pick BC 10-7 over sinton, the experience will help the cards in the end. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Backwoods
12-04-2001, 04:39 PM
Sofaking: For your info. Old Card can take it as well as give it. He may get a little rowdy, but there's not a malicious bone in his head. And BC is a class act with class fans. Newton is their biggest rival, and we support them all the way. Go Cards/Eagles.

3ABirdMan
12-04-2001, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Backwoods:
Sofaking: For your info. Old Card can take it as well as give it. He may get a little rowdy, but there's not a malicious bone in his head. And BC is a class act with class fans. Newton is their biggest rival, and we support them all the way. Go Cards/Eagles.

And BC supports our District 21AAA friends in Newton. They kicked our butts good this year, and we're a better team because of it!

Just think: 2 STATE TITLES in District 21AAA! That's a goal - not a brag!

San Antonio HS FB Fan
12-05-2001, 12:08 PM
Sinton has faced speed. Beeville has one of the fastest backs in Texas. As for close games, that Beeville game was a great one. Sinton was behind in the 1st half and kept their composure, adjusted at the break and held an almost 2000 yard rusher to 49 yds I believe. The Odem game was also close the 1st half until Sinton blew them out in the 2nd half. The Gonzales game was not as close as the score shows, but Sinton did show that even with tons of mistakes, they could hold together and pull out a victory. Then everyone knows that Sinton was behind with Bellville and came back to win it by a touchdown. So to say that Sinton has not been in close games is a statement made without fact. As for the remarks about certain schools in South Texas calling Sinton names, I believe you are completely wrong. Perhaps a couple of jealous individuals have disrespected the Pirates, but to put the blame on a bunch of schools is immature. It is obvious that you were trying to start trouble Old Cardinal. (If anyone read this before the edit sorry for the wrong thread remark) If not, then why even bring it up? Looking for a great game on Saturday!

[This message has been edited by San Antonio HS FB Fan (edited December 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by San Antonio HS FB Fan (edited December 05, 2001).]

Sofaking_wetodit
12-05-2001, 12:15 PM
Well said.....See you Saturday Turkey.....:P

eagleman18
12-05-2001, 02:16 PM
san antonio I'm not talking about a fast tail back, I meant a fast Defense! I know Bellville had them down most of the game but I'm talking about playing a real powerhouse! Sinton hasn't played a powerhouse yet and you can't say they have if the best team they played was bellville. Neither were challenged with their pre-district schedule and I know about the 4a school sinton played. But bc played several 4a schools and all of them were good! Now I may be wrong about sinton, they might beat the crap out of bc. We won't know till they play and my opinion is mine alone, ok pal! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

San Antonio HS FB Fan
12-05-2001, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by eagleman18:
san antonio I'm not talking about a fast tail back, I meant a fast Defense! and I know about the 4a school sinton played. But bc played several 4a schools and all of them were good! Now I may be wrong about sinton, they might beat the crap out of bc. We won't know till they play and my opinion is mine alone, ok pal! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif
I don't see a post from you that talks about speed. My post was referring to a seperate entry that stated that Sinton better not allow certain players to get outside. As for Sinton's preseason, they played 3 preseason games. 2 of those 3 were 4a schools. In other words, they played only 1 3a team in the preseason. Beeville was an excellant team that was just put out of the 4a playoffs this past weekend. Now, perhaps my calculations are wrong, but from what I have found out, BC played only 3 4A teams(I think). Correct me if I am mistaking, but your post implied that BC played several more 4a's than Sinton. Seems to me, that BC has played several more sub 4A teams than Sinton. As for all the 4A teams BC played being good, did Little Cypress-Mauriceville win any district games? Not according to the scores I have. Like I said previously BC might and could win this game. Any team to win a region in Texas should realisticlly be able to. But if you are going to compare teams based on certain criteria you should make sure you know how each team measures up to that criteria, unless that is that you want some smart a$$ like me disproving your theoretical predictions.

Cardinal'80
12-05-2001, 03:43 PM
OK S.A Football Fan I have discovered that both teams have speed, How about the Special Teams? BC has scored a TD or taken a return into the red zone every playoff game. Makes for a real short field, and as for the LCM game I was there and LCM was big and strong and had a good passing game but they were dominated by the speed of BC's defense and LCM had no answer for Luke #10 which is probably the 3rd best back. BC's offense is going to come right at you with misdirection in the backfield and what I meant by not letting certain players get outside or in the secondary is because you will not catch them if they do. Also do not forget BC also Played Vidor and Silsbee.

Old Cardinal
12-05-2001, 03:50 PM
Sorry my apologies were not accepted.....Bridge City played Kelly a large 5A Tapps team, LMC a 4A team, Silsbee a 4A team and Vidor a huge Div I 4A team. The only 3A team in preseason was Liberty and they played them in the playoffs-beat them easily both times. Bridge City could muster no offense against Newton, yet Newton could not put them away it was 11-0 (Field Goal, Safety, 6 pts on a TD. BC drove inside the Newton 10 yard line and fumbled. In the fourth quarter, Hershall Alfred went in to make it 18-0 and BC then sent in the second string-why take a chance of further injuries with the Playoffs looming ahead! I picked BC by 17 over Mexia-it was 19 points. I think BC will prevail by 15 points over this fine Sinton team, because they have not faced the Vidors and Newtons that are out there.

ej2525
12-05-2001, 03:56 PM
SA Fan,
Let's see where to start... First your stats on BC in pre-district are wrong. They did play 3 4-A teams in pre-dist. The schedule went like this... Liberty (3-A) playoff team. Kelly (TAPPS) playoff team. Silsbee (4-A) playoff team. Vidor (4-A) good team, but no playoffs and lost to them in OT. Last pre-dist team was Little Cypress (4-A). Little Cypress I admit was not a great team this year as they have been in past years. The only other loss came to 3-A powerhouse Newton as we all know are still in the hunt. So, who knows who will win the game Saturday against Sinton until the final second ticks away? But, as far as a smart a$$ (you) disproving a theory... What theory?? Make sure you have your ducks in a row before posting your great theories and stats on the board.

Backwoods
12-05-2001, 05:08 PM
Hey guys. Better hope your teams get as fired up as y'all are. Good Luck.

San Antonio HS FB Fan
12-05-2001, 05:29 PM
So I am an idiot. Ive been telling myself that for years. Nothing like starting some controversy. Next time, I will take my finger out and do more research. Please forgiveme Cap-i-tan!

As for Kelly, I do not consider a 5A even though TAPPS might. Their school enrollment is approx. 600. That would put them in 3A classification and much smaller than BC. (Closer to the size of Sinton according to the UIL page)

San Antonio HS FB Fan
12-05-2001, 05:31 PM
Well, you havew to admit, I did have one thing right in the previous post, I am a smart a$$. lol

San Antonio HS FB Fan
12-05-2001, 05:32 PM
Hopefully you all at least got a laugh out of me sitting here with 2 size 14 red wing steel toes in my mouth!

ej2525
12-05-2001, 05:34 PM
At least I get a good laugh out your comment!! LOL

ej2525
12-05-2001, 05:36 PM
As you were writing your last post I was laughing and writing too.

San Antonio HS FB Fan
12-05-2001, 05:41 PM
But I would make a terrible comedian.

I was going to delete all of my obsurd post, but I thought, (that is scary) what the hell let's let all the other Down Low viewers get a good laugh at my expense.

sintonbandfan
12-05-2001, 06:06 PM
Gooooooooooooooooooo PIRATES!!!!!! ALL the WAY to STATE!!!!!!!!!!

sinfan75
12-05-2001, 09:15 PM
Eagleman18,I think this"hasn't been challenged" bit is alittle old don't ya think?What do you consider a "powerhouse"?I would consider Newton a powerhouse.They've earned it!But any of the other teams I can't consider a powerhouse.Challenged? These kids get no respect from the Corpus newspaper OR the Corpus tv stations because NONE think Sinton will get past this round.They didn't think Sinton would beat Bellville!!So hear they are again with ONE MORE CHALLENGE!SOUTH TEXAS TEAMS CAN'T BEAT EAST TEXAS SPEED!!!EXCEPT THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!SINTON HAS THE SPEED TO BEAT ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!As far as special teams,Sinton has done very well in returns and coverage all year.Field goal kicker very good.49 yarder is his longest.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2001, 03:11 AM
Sinton 47 Bridge City 14
Special Teams are good, both on kick and punt returns. Kicker has strength and accuracy on kicks. Saw his 49 yarder could have possibly made it from 5 more yards. If your returners are as good as ya'll say. make the score sinton 47 bridge city 21.
bellville linebackers did a real good job on #22 for sinton, But he will break out against your smaller D.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2001, 03:13 AM
Sinton 47 Bridge City 14
Special Teams are good, both on kick and punt returns. Kicker has strength and accuracy on kicks. Saw his 49 yarder could have possibly made it from 5 more yards. If your returners are as good as ya'll say. make the score sinton 47 bridge city 21.
bellville linebackers did a real good job on #22 for sinton, But he will break out against your smaller D.

SintonFan
12-06-2001, 03:29 AM
After lots of research, I think Sinton and BC had a pretty equal preseason. I saw on one site that the Kelly team BC played was winless. All three 4-A teams BC played had down years this year, but were competitive. I wish good luck to both teams!

GO PIRATES!!!! Make South Texas PROUD!!!!!!

labrat99
12-06-2001, 07:52 AM
Getting back to the original inquiry on this topic... I'd like to hear more about what kind of team Sinton is. Are they big? fast? talented at any one position? all of the above? I found a website that listed their roster and it looked to me as if they had a ton of size... yet the Beaumont Enterprise website had an article stating that they were small and fast.

About BC... I'd say they are about average to slightly above average sized for a 3a team. They have better than average team speed. The night I watched them play they took too many procedure penalties, but otherwise showed good poise and field sense.
They are in the right place to make tackles when needed.

On offense they are going to run the ball 80+ percent of the time, but when they do throw they are effective. They have 3 or 4 kids they can go to on offense, so even though they run the ball a lot they are definitely not one dimensional.

If Sintons' kids are strong enough to physically overpower the lines of scrimmage, it could be a long afternoon for BC. Otherwise, I'm expecting a good game.

Anyone care to characterize Sintons' team for me and how they might perform against the team I've described?

footballfan
12-06-2001, 12:05 PM
Thanks Labrat!

Old Cardinal
12-06-2001, 02:10 PM
I think it will be a pretty good game; however, you all know that your area of the state hasn't had a premier football team since Refugio in 1982. I am banking that all that hipe will not make BC lay down and die. Yes you outweigh us by approx. 35# per man on both offense and defense. There's a reason- we have extra fast ATHLETES in each of the positions. The slams against our schedule are a little much- Liberty 3A playoff team(beat them twice), Kelly 5A TAPPS-easy victory, Silsbee 4A playoff team, LCM 4A missed the playoffs this year, Vidor (1ooo+ more enrollment than BC), they beat Nederland who is still in the playoffs in Div. 1 4A, only Newton was a challenge this year in Dist., we beat them last year-they will win State this year. Our team is here because they stuck their guts out in the preseason. It ought to be a great game.

SintonFan
12-06-2001, 02:28 PM
Sinton has average size for 3-A. As for Sinton's o line, whether they can overpower BC's D, we're gonna have to wait until Saturday. BC has a very good offense with lots of options and it's gonna be interesting to see how Sinton will react. labrat,which site did you see Sinton's roster,if you don't mind?

SintonFan
12-06-2001, 02:37 PM
Old Cardinal, there has been no slam on your preseason by anyone who supports Sinton. There has been talk by others, but that's about it. I've been doing alot of research and believe what I posted. It's all just a friendly discussion. How do you figure Sinton outweighs BC by 35# on average? Where is a site that make makes that comparison, if you please?

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited December 06, 2001).]

Old Cardinal
12-06-2001, 04:05 PM
Sintonfan, You are right, it was jump-on-the bandwagon folks from out of your area that said all that. I saw an article in preseason in the C. Christi Caller, its somewhere in their archives that have their O & D line weights. It's going to be a good game!

eagleman18
12-06-2001, 05:43 PM
You guys have TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS! Sinfan75 my prediction is mine alone, I don't think Sinton has played a powerhouse on a 3a level like bc yet this year! That's what I meant I don't care who they played early this YEAR that's in the past! I'm just intrested in how sinton is going to adjust to playing one of our FAST SOUTH EAST TEXAS TEAMS! I know how bc will adjust I've already seen them play a fast SOUTH EAST TEXAS TEAM, they will be their! Now I'm not knockin' on sinton or anyone from that area. It's going to be a great game, put my prediction to the side because it is trivial to the fact that a game will be played and someone is going to win. No hard feelings! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

lounge lizard
12-06-2001, 07:36 PM
eagleman18,I'm sure BC is a very good team but i wouldn't call a team that is 26&19 over the last 4yrs a powerhouse

------------------

Old Cardinal
12-06-2001, 08:22 PM
L. Lizzard, That's because your team didn't play two of those four years in a 4A District as the smallest 4A enrollmentin Texas. Folks like West Orange-Stark, LMC,Nederland, Vidor, Port Neches-Groves, Port Arthur Jefferson, Port Arthur- Lincoln, Vidor, Silsbee were on that schedule! Get a grip, you have to understand where this team is coming from.....they have been under heavier fire than most teams in 3A today, for years. You are going to sit there with your mouth wide open at what BC will bring into the game-we might even turn our top secret loose on you this week-THE MOOSE MIGHT BE TURNED LOOSE!

Backwoods
12-06-2001, 08:49 PM
BC has to win Old Card. This place would be too dull without ya. Go Cards/Eagles

SintonFan_inAustin
12-06-2001, 10:52 PM
bc and newton supporters after sinton and giddings get done with ya'll, your so call 4a POWERHOUSES ya'll claim are tough are apparantly only little powerhouses around the state. The Tough 4A teams are from SA, Austin, Houston and DFW areas. Those cities can claim they have powerhouse because they play 5A schools not 3A schools

lounge lizard
12-06-2001, 11:15 PM
Lets not get rowdy Old Card. Simply stating that to be a powerhouse you must win at a high level year in/out no matter if you are a small fish in big pond or a big fish in a little pond. Im from Sinton & I wouldn't consider them a powerhouse either. Sure they win, but once that happens it seems they always lose their HC to a 4a/5a school & they have to start allover again. They have had 4 HCs in the last 11yrs. Davis has been here the longest. In his 4yrs he is 41/8. It has taken the fans of Sinton all that time to get use to his offense & realize that to get to that next level, you must be able to throw the ball. Now, unless Coach Davis is like his dad at Frenship, Sinton may have to start allover again. I just hope not.

SintonFan
12-06-2001, 11:40 PM
Hopefully everyone who supports Sinton and BC will listen to this. I know this week has been sooo long and it's getting longer. The wait is excrutiating!!!! Both sets of fans have confidence in their teams, and well deserved at that! So before someone decides to deride the other, just remember: Thats more fuel for the other team! Most people would agree that this game is gonna be a good one, so a little prodding the wrong way might give the opponent just a little more motivation. So let's all act like fans, but don't knock the other team, these are still just kids...

Hehe... almost forgot.
GOOOO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAKE SOTX PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
12-06-2001, 11:47 PM
BTW, I have'nt seen much of the trash talk here. Welcome new Sinton supporters! Me and sinfan75 have been lonely here. The Sinton boys DESERVE all the support they can get cuz they earned it.

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited December 06, 2001).]

SintonFan_inAustin
12-07-2001, 02:00 AM
Go luck pirates. keep it going, were behind ya'll win or lose. both teams and fans drive safe before and after the game, we should be proud of them for letting us be able to talk hs football this late in the season.

SintonFan
12-07-2001, 02:17 AM
Old Cardinal, I found the article you were talking about. Hehe, I'm sorry but an O-line that averages around 210 or a little more is not big for 3-A. Too many misprints. As far as defense, Curt Jones doesn't weigh anywhere near 250, that was a misprint, among others. The info on the caller is less than accurate. The lines are similiar in weight, but I believe BC has a little more height. "Sinton outweighs BC by around 35 pounds on average on both O & D line". That statement is false!! They're fairly equal. Old Cardinal, please choose better sources of information. Had to set this clear. If you had the CC rag for your main paper, you would understand.

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
MAKE SOTX PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
12-07-2001, 02:30 AM
Old Cardinal, I wasn't slamming you, I thought that you might wanna know about the lack of accuracy. Cya...

GO PIRATES!!!! MAKE SOTX PROUD!!!!

labrat99
12-07-2001, 07:50 AM
SintonFan -
You asked where I had seen the Sinton roster. I can't find it now - I know I saw one; I'm wondering now if it wasn't Mexia I remembered seeing. Do you guys have a big defensive end? I definitely remember 6'8" / 285lbs. on the roster I'm talking about and about a dozen others between 200 - 235 all listed as OL or DL.

On your post about fan behavior - WELL SAID! Supporting one's own team and trashing the opponent's are two very different things; the second has no place in HS sports in my opinion.

Old Cardinal
12-07-2001, 08:47 AM
Thank you, I forgot that the papers can be so erronous and misleading...sometimes its just near minimum wage sports writers. SintonFan, if it turns out we lose, we will all be with you at the State Final.