PDA

View Full Version : cowboys vs redskins

jason
11-21-2012, 10:14 AM
should be a good ball game.
would you trade romo for rg3 right now?

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 10:21 AM
I think most everyone would make that trade because of age alone. I think RGIII certainly has the raw skills to be one of the best. I gotta say that I really don't like the way Wash uses him. He's a very accurate passer so I really don't like all the designed runs. The one thing that can derail his career is talking too many hits.

waterboy
11-21-2012, 10:32 AM
With the O-line problems the Cowboys are having, I think RGIII would get beat up just like Romo is. I definitely think RGIII is more intelligent, and makes fewer bad decisions than Romo. My main point is, Romo is not the biggest problem for the Cowboys, in my opinion. A porous O-line on pass protection, and no running game blocking are the main offensive problems. The defense is a whole other problem at times.

buff4ever
11-21-2012, 10:42 AM
With the O-line problems the Cowboys are having, I think RGIII would get beat up just like Romo is. I definitely think RGIII is more intelligent, and makes fewer bad decisions than Romo. My main point is, Romo is not the biggest problem for the Cowboys, in my opinion. A porous O-line on pass protection, and no running game blocking are the main offensive problems. The defense is a whole other problem at times.

I don't like Ryan's style, but honestly, what is the average allowed per game this year, and then consider how many times the defense wasn't on the field at all when opponent scored (a couple) and how many times our defense forced to defend a short field even many times already in opponents field goal range. Like the style or not, I think our defense for the most part has held our opponent even with the above scenarios to a point total we should be able to beat. Maybe not, but I am going strictly off of memory on this one. Once again, I don't know about Ryan myself.

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't like Ryan's style, but honestly, what is the average allowed per game this year, and then consider how many times the defense wasn't on the field at all when opponent scored (a couple) and how many times our defense forced to defend a short field even many times already in opponents field goal range. Like the style or not, I think our defense for the most part has held our opponent even with the above scenarios to a point total we should be able to beat. Maybe not, but I am going strictly off of memory on this one. Once again, I don't know about Ryan myself.Except the defense has given up more 4th quarter points than any other quarter. Thats a MAJOR Problem

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't like Ryan's style, but honestly, what is the average allowed per game this year, and then consider how many times the defense wasn't on the field at all when opponent scored (a couple) and how many times our defense forced to defend a short field even many times already in opponents field goal range. Like the style or not, I think our defense for the most part has held our opponent even with the above scenarios to a point total we should be able to beat. Maybe not, but I am going strictly off of memory on this one. Once again, I don't know about Ryan myself.

The defense has been really good at times. My biggest issue with the defense is that I am getting to where I just think Ryan's scheme is unsound. I've heard some NFL folks hint around at this without coming right out and saying it, but I'm beginning to think there's something there. Last year when he had nothing at CB, he blitzed like crazy. Now this year when he has decent CBs, he's not blitzing near enough, especially this last week. Rushing 3 most of the time against a Rookie when the team's WRs are no even close to being game breakers?! Really.

The Musers were talking about this the other day and the highest any of his defenses have ever been ranked in points allowed (I hate yards allowed being the way they rank defenses) is like 18th. Now I know he hasn't had great talent but he's also coached in two conference that aren't exactly known for offense (AFC West & AFC North).

waterboy
11-21-2012, 10:50 AM
I agree with you on all points. The defense is not "bad" at all. I'm just saying that at critical times they give up big plays. Overall, they are solid --- not great, but solid, nonetheless. The offense does put them in bad situations way too much, so it is hard to judge just how good they are. That's why I say the O-line is where the problems start for the team as a whole. By the way, I don't like Ryan (the person) either, but if the offense can put points on the board, AND not put the defense in continuous bad situations, I think his defense would be good enough to win the division.

waterboy
11-21-2012, 10:57 AM
The defense has been really good at times. My biggest issue with the defense is that I am getting to where I just think Ryan's scheme is unsound. I've heard some NFL folks hint around at this without coming right out and saying it, but I'm beginning to think there's something there. Last year when he had nothing at CB, he blitzed like crazy. Now this year when he has decent CBs, he's not blitzing near enough, especially this last week. Rushing 3 most of the time against a Rookie when the team's WRs are no even close to being game breakers?! Really.

The Musers were talking about this the other day and the highest any of his defenses have ever been ranked in points allowed (I hate yards allowed being the way they rank defenses) is like 18th. Now I know he hasn't had great talent but he's also coached in two conference that aren't exactly known for offense (AFC West & AFC North).
I absolutely HATE a three man rush, whether it be prevent or otherwise. IT DOES NOT WORK! If you are up by 2 or 3 TDs with under 3 minutes to play, maybe, but NOT when the game is not decided yet. Why change the defense when it has worked up to that point? It puts the defense on its heels, and any decent WR can find a crease or a hole in the zone. A 3-man rush only gives the opponent's offense momentum, in my opinion. KEEP the pressure ON the entire game is the way I would like to see it done.

Roughneck93
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Cowboys by 6.

After all, Tony is 5-0 on Turkey Day...

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 04:39 PM

I agree! I think Ryans scheme is unsound. I have seen some very odd matchups that bite the Cowboys in the butt at times this year. But as far as the Musers comments they are way off base. The Cowboy's defense is ranked #15 right now in points allowed and if you removed just those pick 6 and return points given up by other parts of this team this defense would be ranked in the top 10 easily. Probably top 5. They are #7 in total yards and #15 in points. That tells me they are having to defend a very short field way too often. The problem I have with this defense is that they give up way too many big plays via penalties. It's hard enough getting the other team off the field on 3rd down without giving up all those many, many 1st downs by jumping off sides............

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Except the defense has given up more 4th quarter points than any other quarter. Thats a MAJOR Problem

It's only a major problem if they are also giving up points in the other quarters (which they aren't) or if they are trying to nurse a poor offensive performance to a victory. (which they are far too often)

jacket98,99
11-21-2012, 05:00 PM
should be a good ball game.
would you trade romo for rg3 right now?

I would throw in D Ware......No kidding......and Jerry Jones.

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 05:57 PM
It's only a major problem if they are also giving up points in the other quarters (which they aren't) or if they are trying to nurse a poor offensive performance to a victory. (which they are far too often)it is only not a problem if we have a huge lead and we are playing soft. It is always a problem in close games it blows my mind that you don't think it's a problem that your defense gives up more points in the fourth quarter than any other. That's crazy!

skins4life
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
RGIII 6
Alfred Morris 12
Special teams 6
kicker 7
Total 31

Cowboy's 28, with help from the Skins' pass defensive. Which is a given, being as they're the worst in the league. GOD, they're awful.
Good luck Cowboy fans, but I sure hope your all crying by 1900 Thursday evening. If your not I will be.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving All.

bobcat1
11-22-2012, 06:31 PM
After the first half there is good news. I threw up Thanksgiving Day meal. The Good News is I now have room for more. Thanks Jerry and Garrett and all those lack luster millionaires that call their selves pro football players. :thmbdwn::thmbdwn:

99IHSMustang
11-22-2012, 07:18 PM
After the first half there is good news. I threw up Thanksgiving Day meal. The Good News is I now have room for more. Thanks Jerry and Garrett and all those lack luster millionaires that call their selves pro football players. :thmbdwn::thmbdwn:

haha :fnypost:

lbjacj
11-22-2012, 07:44 PM
This would be a remarkable comeback if the defense can hold RG3.

83Indian
11-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Cowboys D could not get a stop when it matters. This is still a bad football team

raider red 2000
11-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Cowboys D could not get a stop when it matters. This is still a bad football team
Bad team. All areas need help. Has to start at the top.

Roughneck93
11-22-2012, 09:11 PM
This team/organization is just plain horrible. :dispntd:

Great game by RGIII though.

Bull Butter
11-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Look at the bright side....at least they're the Jets

bobcat1
11-22-2012, 10:09 PM
I'd trade or release all Dallas starters except Tyron Smith, Mo Claiborne, Brandon Carr, Jay Ratliff, Jason Hatcher, Jason Whitten, Anthony Spencer, Bruce Carter, Sean Lee, Barry Church and Dez Bryant(???). They act like they want to play and are tough enough to be players.Romo, Murray (Fragile), Felix Jones, Miles Austin(Fragile), Kevin "Awfultree", Orlando Scandrick (terrible), Demarcus Ware (Done), Marcus Spears(never good) and Doug "Setum Free" would be traded for RG3 and London Fletcher. (Pipe Dream) Use scrubs off the street the rest of the year and draft some young TOUGH (not like these fragile as a light bulb football players we currently have) that want to play football. The whole coaching staff and general management would need to be replaced by the new GM. This team and the discipline they exhibit(coaching) are the most underachieving ensemble in the history of the NFL. What a joke!

Macarthur
11-22-2012, 11:46 PM
I'd trade or release all Dallas starters except Tyron Smith, Mo Claiborne, Brandon Carr, Jay Ratliff, Jason Hatcher, Jason Whitten, Anthony Spencer, Bruce Carter, Sean Lee, Barry Church and Dez Bryant(???). They act like they want to play and are tough enough to be players.Romo, Murray (Fragile), Felix Jones, Miles Austin(Fragile), Kevin "Awfultree", Orlando Scandrick (terrible), Demarcus Ware (Done), Marcus Spears(never good) and Doug "Setum Free" would be traded for RG3 and London Fletcher. (Pipe Dream) Use scrubs off the street the rest of the year and draft some young TOUGH (not like these fragile as a light bulb football players we currently have) that want to play football. The whole coaching staff and general management would need to be replaced by the new GM. This team and the discipline they exhibit(coaching) are the most underachieving ensemble in the history of the NFL. What a joke!

Yeah, this team would be great without romo & ware.

Txbroadcaster
11-23-2012, 02:30 AM

Ware is done?!?!?!?! he has only had two games all season without at least half a a sack and today he had at least 3 sacks agianst most QBs in the league...he leads the team by almost 6 sacks and TFL by almost 20 yards...he is still the only force as far as a pass rush

And while Spears is not great he is very good agianst the run and when he is not in the game you can tell.

regaleagle
11-23-2012, 03:05 AM
The only thing I can tell is that I enjoy watching the Texans and hate watching the Cowboys. When that happens to a fan since inception, it's time to clean house. Jerry's in big trouble with his fanbase....huge trouble. Disgruntled, and I mean totally disgruntled Cowboys fans should mean some serious changes will be forthcoming after the season. I don't think the Cowboys can win the next 3 of 5, much less win out. It's so bad, loyal fans have lost interest completely, and faith in the organization. I know I have.

bobcat1
11-23-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah, this team would be great without romo & ware.Would you trade them for RG3 and London Fletcher or Kerrigan? I'm not talking about this year, It's done.

Ware is done?!?!?!?! he has only had two games all season without at least half a a sack and today he had at least 3 sacks agianst most QBs in the league...he leads the team by almost 6 sacks and TFL by almost 20 yards...he is still the only force as far as a pass rush

And while Spears is not great he is very good agianst the run and when he is not in the game you can tell. Ware's sacks don't seem to come when we need them like closing out games. RG3 made him look like an old man 3-4 times yesterday with ball fakes. Some games you wonder if he is even playing. Never been a Spears fan. I disagree with you. I think he is just a blocking dummy.

cougartino
11-23-2012, 09:14 AM
GM Jones sucks like a $2 whore!

Eagle 1
11-23-2012, 10:10 AM

This.

It's hard to be a Cowboys fan right now...Extremely hard. I didn't even watch the second half, I went outside and drink beer and listened to the game, which made it easier. :crazy1:

bobcat1
11-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I think we hire the head coach from TCU. He does more with less than any coach I can think of right now. That tells me he gets the most out of his talent. The redheaded boy wonder has never done anything but play one Thanksgiving Day game great. That's it! If Jerry can't tell that after Jimmy Johnson left because of Jones' meddling with the team and wanting the glory, no other coach would ever come here and kill their career unless they wanted a fat paycheck to ride off into the sunset like Parcells did. Give it up Jerry! Let a professional do it. You're a great owner but you and them 2 idiots you have for sons couldn't make a pimple on a good GM's arse.

Macarthur
11-23-2012, 12:38 PM
I think we hire the head coach from TCU. He does more with less than any coach I can think of right now. That tells me he gets the most out of his talent. The redheaded boy wonder has never done anything but play one Thanksgiving Day game great. That's it! If Jerry can't tell that after Jimmy Johnson left because of Jones' meddling with the team and wanting the glory, no other coach would ever come here and kill their career unless they wanted a fat paycheck to ride off into the sunset like Parcells did. Give it up Jerry! Let a professional do it. You're a great owner but you and them 2 idiots you have for sons couldn't make a pimple on a good GM's arse.

I don't think Patterson is going anywhere.

And the talk about JJ changing the way he does things is futile. That is not going to change until he's dead so there's no sense in wasting our breath on it.

The only two hopes I can see right now is if somehow Sean Payton becomes available or if JJ and Holmgren could come to terms. Those are two guys that I think could do something with this team.

bobcat1
11-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't think Patterson is going anywhere.

And the talk about JJ changing the way he does things is futile. That is not going to change until he's dead so there's no sense in wasting our breath on it.

The only two hopes I can see right now is if somehow Sean Payton becomes available or if JJ and Holmgren could come to terms. Those are two guys that I think could do something with this team.Agreed

Farmersfan
11-26-2012, 08:38 AM
This.

It's hard to be a Cowboys fan right now...Extremely hard. I didn't even watch the second half, I went outside and drink beer and listened to the game, which made it easier. :crazy1:

It's been tough being a Cowboys fan for about 15 seasons now. Why don't you start a "Boycott Jerry Jones" campaign? Encourage people to stop going to the games, stop watching the games and stop buying Cowboys merchandise. All the season ticket holders need to get lawyers and sue for a refund on their seat licenses. Maybe under the state Lemon Law? The only thing that will get Jerry's attention is a hit to his wallet.

Macarthur
11-26-2012, 09:37 AM
It's been tough being a Cowboys fan for about 15 seasons now. Why don't you start a "Boycott Jerry Jones" campaign? Encourage people to stop going to the games, stop watching the games and stop buying Cowboys merchandise. All the season ticket holders need to get lawyers and sue for a refund on their seat licenses. Maybe under the state Lemon Law? The only thing that will get Jerry's attention is a hit to his wallet.

I think it's already started. I know attendence is down this year. I had a family member buy some tickets for me; Work got in the way of us getting together, but I told them to sell them and get their money back. I'm not giving JJ so much as beer and hotdog money. The organization is a laughing stock.

Farmersfan
11-26-2012, 10:18 AM
I think it's already started. I know attendence is down this year. I had a family member buy some tickets for me; Work got in the way of us getting together, but I told them to sell them and get their money back. I'm not giving JJ so much as beer and hotdog money. The organization is a laughing stock.

I agree! And it seems like Jerry really is in the dark about this. Do you think Al Davis understood the extent of his team's problems all those years? Of course not! And i think Jerry has even said he respects Al Davis. I'm afraid we fans of the next Oakland Raider franchise right now with a owner that is so far in the dark he doesn't see the problem. And of course it doesn't help that the stadium sells out every week and the franchise value just keeps going up!

Macarthur
11-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I agree! And it seems like Jerry really is in the dark about this. Do you think Al Davis understood the extent of his team's problems all those years? Of course not! And i think Jerry has even said he respects Al Davis. I'm afraid we fans of the next Oakland Raider franchise right now with a owner that is so far in the dark he doesn't see the problem. And of course it doesn't help that the stadium sells out every week and the franchise value just keeps going up!

Well, there were some things to admire about Al before he went nuts. My hope is that JJ's sons will not let that happen.

It's true that the place is still selling out, but keep in mind, he needs tons of merchandise and concessions sales while folks are there. And while many have bought tickets, they may not be showing up.

For example, I have no idea how much the family member that bought me a ticket spent, but let's say they purchased one of the cheaper seats at about $70. If I go, I"m going to have a one or two beers and something to eat. I'm probably going to spend another $40 or so, easy. Let's say that there are 10 to 15k less people there than otherwise would be. A conservative estimate would be that would be about $500,000 less for concessions and that doesn't even take into account how many folks are buying jersey's and panties at victoria's secret. I bet he loses $1,000,000 in revenue for every 10 to 15k of attendance.

So yes, while it's true the tickets sold, these clubs depend on the money you spend when you get there as much, if not more, than the actual ticket price.

Farmersfan
11-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Well, there were some things to admire about Al before he went nuts. My hope is that JJ's sons will not let that happen.

It's true that the place is still selling out, but keep in mind, he needs tons of merchandise and concessions sales while folks are there. And while many have bought tickets, they may not be showing up.

For example, I have no idea how much the family member that bought me a ticket spent, but let's say they purchased one of the cheaper seats at about $70. If I go, I"m going to have a one or two beers and something to eat. I'm probably going to spend another $40 or so, easy. Let's say that there are 10 to 15k less people there than otherwise would be. A conservative estimate would be that would be about $500,000 less for concessions and that doesn't even take into account how many folks are buying jersey's and panties at victoria's secret. I bet he loses $1,000,000 in revenue for every 10 to 15k of attendance.

So yes, while it's true the tickets sold, these clubs depend on the money you spend when you get there as much, if not more, than the actual ticket price.

I actually googled the "boycott Jerry Jones" idea and found dozens and dozens of Facebook and other web pages attempting to get this going. Seems like a lot more people are on this bandwagon than I knew....................

Macarthur
11-26-2012, 04:05 PM
I actually googled the "boycott Jerry Jones" idea and found dozens and dozens of Facebook and other web pages attempting to get this going. Seems like a lot more people are on this bandwagon than I knew....................

I don't think any of that will matter to Jerry. I think the only way Jerry takes serious notice is when it starts hitting his wallet.

buff4ever
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
I am glad we all found something to agree on about the cowboy's problems. We may not agree on everthing to do with player personnell and such, but we all agree that Jerry has had his hands on this way too much. He is the biggest problem, it all starts with him.

I just fear that we become as bad as the raiders were at the end of Davis's reign, before it gets better. Are we already there?

Txbroadcaster
11-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't think any of that will matter to Jerry. I think the only way Jerry takes serious notice is when it starts hitting his wallet.

Problem is...visiting team fan bases all seem to have enough fans in the North Texas area and happily step in place of the Cowboy fan and buy a ticket and concessions and such

SintonFan
11-26-2012, 07:35 PM
I just made up my mind on the Cowboys. I will not a game the rest of the season. They are horrible to watch.

Macarthur
11-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Problem is...visiting team fan bases all seem to have enough fans in the North Texas area and happily step in place of the Cowboy fan and buy a ticket and concessions and such

True but avg attendance is down again this year and for the first time in a long time the cowboys TV ratings are down. That all means less $ in JJ's pocket.

Farmersfan
11-27-2012, 08:34 AM
I heard on the radio that someone has started a petition on the White House website to get Obama to remove Jerry Jones as the GM of the Cowboys. Read some of the reasons. They are hilarious...........

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/11/petition-created-for-president-obama-to-remove-jerry-jones-from-office.html/

Farmersfan
11-27-2012, 08:40 AM
True but avg attendance is down again this year and for the first time in a long time the cowboys TV ratings are down. That all means less $ in JJ's pocket.

The only silver lining with this current group of players is that maybe extraordinarily bad play will force Jerry to do something. In the past no matter how badly they played most everyone was of the opinion they were simply a few plays here or there away from being competitive. Nobody can watched the current team and think they are just a few plays or a few players away from turning this thing around. For the first time in about 7 years I don't think this team has a chance of competing in the NFL..... When Tony Romo, of all people, is your best player you know things have gone down hill!!!! (just for you Mac) :evilgrin:

Farmersfan
11-27-2012, 08:42 AM
I also want to be the first to say that it would not surprise me in the least if Philly comes in here and kicks the crap out of our Cowboys on Sunday! :doh::flaming:

GrTigers6
11-27-2012, 08:47 AM
I also want to be the first to say that it would not surprise me in the least if Philly comes in here and kicks the crap out of our Cowboys on Sunday! :doh::flaming:Yeah because they really looked impressive last night!:crazy::taunt:

jacket98,99
11-27-2012, 09:01 AM
I am glad we all found something to agree on about the cowboy's problems. We may not agree on everthing to do with player personnell and such, but we all agree that Jerry has had his hands on this way too much. He is the biggest problem, it all starts with him.

I just fear that we become as bad as the raiders were at the end of Davis's reign, before it gets better. Are we already there?

The cowboys aren't far from being as bad football wise as the raiders, but i don't think it will get as bad as the raiders did financially. Jerry Jones for sure needs to hand the GM reigns over, however, Al Davis made some crippling money decisions the raiders are still trying to get over.....like giving Jamarcus Russel 42 million gaurantee.

Farmersfan
11-27-2012, 09:14 AM
The cowboys aren't far from being as bad football wise as the raiders, but i don't think it will get as bad as the raiders did financially. Jerry Jones for sure needs to hand the GM reigns over, however, Al Davis made some crippling money decisions the raiders are still trying to get over.....like giving Jamarcus Russel 42 million gaurantee.

Of course Jerry Jones wouldn't do something like that! He would never give Doug Free a 4 year 32 million contract (17 million quaranteed) and make him the #9 highest paid Tackle in the game...................................Or Orlando Scandrick a 5 year contract worth 27 million (10 million gauranteed)! Neither one of these players had 1/10th the hype going for them that Russel had when he got his contract. Don't fool yourself, Jerry Jones is as big a talent moron as Al Davis was. Maybe bigger!

Farmersfan
11-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah because they really looked impressive last night!:crazy::taunt:

At what point does the opponent have to look impressive to beat these Cowboys?

jacket98,99
11-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Of course Jerry Jones wouldn't do something like that! He would never give Doug Free a 4 year 32 million contract (17 million quaranteed) and make him the #9 highest paid Tackle in the game...................................Or Orlando Scandrick a 5 year contract worth 27 million (10 million gauranteed)! Neither one of these players had 1/10th the hype going for them that Russel had when he got his contract. Don't fool yourself, Jerry Jones is as big a talent moron as Al Davis was. Maybe bigger!

I don't disagree with you at all. Those are stupid contracts you bring up, however, they don't have the same impact relative to the revenue the cowboys produce compared to what Al Davis did to the raiders. As long as all the idiots keep going to the games, watching them on tv, buying jerseys, and papa johns pizza (oh yeah Jerry has his hand in that too) Mr. Jones will have no problems making payroll.

Roughneck93
11-27-2012, 10:01 AM
I also want to be the first to say that it would not surprise me in the least if Philly comes in here and kicks the crap out of our Cowboys on Sunday! :doh::flaming:

Yeah won't surprise me at all. Dallas can't win on Sunday nights anyway....

NFL should have flexed out of this game...:sleeping:

pirate4state
11-27-2012, 10:19 AM

for once, i agree with you. it would be just like us to lose to the freakin' Iggles when they are on a bigger skid than we are!

coach
11-27-2012, 10:21 AM
did anyone see where that man wrote a petition to President Obama to get Jerry Jones fired. Am I the only one that thinks that is hilarious!

GrTigers6
11-27-2012, 11:07 AM
At what point does the opponent have to look impressive to beat these Cowboys?That was the whole point!:D

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2012, 05:55 PM

biggest difference is Al had no one to help him manage the cap..JJ does so the contracts dont impact as hard

Txbroadcaster
11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
The only silver lining with this current group of players is that maybe extraordinarily bad play will force Jerry to do something. In the past no matter how badly they played most everyone was of the opinion they were simply a few plays here or there away from being competitive. Nobody can watched the current team and think they are just a few plays or a few players away from turning this thing around. For the first time in about 7 years I don't think this team has a chance of competing in the NFL..... When Tony Romo, of all people, is your best player you know things have gone down hill!!!! (just for you Mac) :evilgrin:

problem is FF..they are 5-6...very well should be 6-6 after Sunday..they have not even got close to bottoming out enough for JJ to do something..they will finish prob right around 8-8..and he will say well injuries hurt the team and hey last year the Giants were only 9-7 and went to SB and he will think once again they are just on the edge....remember how many straight 5-11 it took the last time he finally did something big.

Farmersfan
11-28-2012, 09:59 AM
problem is FF..they are 5-6...very well should be 6-6 after Sunday..they have not even got close to bottoming out enough for JJ to do something..they will finish prob right around 8-8..and he will say well injuries hurt the team and hey last year the Giants were only 9-7 and went to SB and he will think once again they are just on the edge....remember how many straight 5-11 it took the last time he finally did something big.

I think you are right. Jerry Jones has referenced the Giants on numerous occasions in order to justify his overly optimistic comments. I think this only gives us insight into why this franchise has gone so far downhill under Jerry Jones. I can't imagine the previous owners of this team would have accepted a 8-8 record and rationalized it away with injuries. And the Campo years of 5-11 football forced Jerry to hire Parcels or risk losing a huge fan base. After a couple of improvement seasons they again fell apart and Jerry targeted the new stadium as the turning point in order to keep the sheep with their wallets open. Norm on The Ticket hit on this very thing yesterday. He was asking why "Right Now" after the 16 year stretch of horrible ownership that the revenues for this team have gone down something like 17%. In the past Jerry managed to milk the Superbowl years for almost a decade and then he reestablished the fan base's faith by hiring Parcels and then later opening the new stadium just as things were starting to fall apart. The emergence of Tony Romo was also right in the middle of that mix also which could be a huge reason why Romo was hyped so highly by this franchise. But what can Jerry fall back on now? There isn't anything coming up in the future that Jerry can point to as a reason for continuing on this path. Most of the superstars on this team are in the middle of their careers or later and there aren't any big changes coming. I don't think most of the fan base will be fooled by him hiring another big name coach again without some more upper management changes to go along with it. I honestly think Jerry Jones is losing his hold of the fan base for the Cowboys. Smoke and mirrors won't get it done anymore. Norm told about a Dallas resident who asked him a question that he had presented to his legal department for review. The Resident wanted to know if he could be held legally responsible for purchasing the season tickets just because he owns the PSL. Apparently Jerry Jones requires everybody who owns a PSL (which is a legal contract) to also purchase the season tickets that the PSL entitles them to. But it doesn't seem like the purchase of the tickets is a legal requirement, just an implied one. Otherwise, why purchase the PSL if you aren't going to buy the season ticket? Problem is for most people the PSL fee was financed and they are legally stuck with a 20 year "Mortgage" on those damn PSLs. I was really joking about using the Texas Lemon Law to get out of the legal obligation of those PSLs but now that I think about it, why not? Shouldn't a certain amount of performance be expected in return for the investment? If a car doesn't work like implied at the time of purchase and repeated attempts to get it working correctly fail then a person can use the Lemon Law to get out of his legal obligations on that car. Why not in this case? The Cowboys are a "LEMON" of a football franchise right now and in the past decade or more. The PSL's were sold under future performance hype and expectations which have not been delivered on. Case closed: Jerry Jones must buy back all PSLs....................

Txbroadcaster
11-28-2012, 10:05 AM
I think you are right. Jerry Jones has referenced the Giants on numerous occasions in order to justify his overly optimistic comments. I think this only gives us insight into why this franchise has gone so far downhill under Jerry Jones. I can't imagine the previous owners of this team would have accepted a 8-8 record and rationalized it away with injuries. And the Campo years of 5-11 football forced Jerry to hire Parcels or risk losing a huge fan base. After a couple of improvement seasons they again fell apart and Jerry targeted the new stadium as the turning point in order to keep the sheep with their wallets open. Norm on The Ticket hit on this very thing yesterday. He was asking why "Right Now" after the 16 year stretch of horrible ownership that the revenues for this team have gone down something like 17%. In the past Jerry managed to milk the Superbowl years for almost a decade and then he reestablished the fan base's faith by hiring Parcels and then later opening the new stadium just as things were starting to fall apart. The emergence of Tony Romo was also right in the middle of that mix also which could be a huge reason why Romo was hyped so highly by this franchise. But what can Jerry fall back on now? There isn't anything coming up in the future that Jerry can point to as a reason for continuing on this path. Most of the superstars on this team are in the middle of their careers or later and there aren't any big changes coming. I don't think most of the fan base will be fooled by him hiring another big name coach again without some more upper management changes to go along with it. I honestly think Jerry Jones is losing his hold of the fan base for the Cowboys. Smoke and mirrors won't get it done anymore. Norm told about a Dallas resident who asked him a question that he had presented to his legal department for review. The Resident wanted to know if he could be held legally responsible for purchasing the season tickets just because he owns the PSL. Apparently Jerry Jones requires everybody who owns a PSL (which is a legal contract) to also purchase the season tickets that the PSL entitles them to. But it doesn't seem like the purchase of the tickets is a legal requirement, just an implied one. Otherwise, why purchase the PSL if you aren't going to buy the season ticket? Problem is for most people the PSL fee was financed and they are legally stuck with a 20 year "Mortgage" on those damn PSLs. I was really joking about using the Texas Lemon Law to get out of the legal obligation of those PSLs but now that I think about it, why not? Shouldn't a certain amount of performance be expected in return for the investment? If a car doesn't work like implied at the time of purchase and repeated attempts to get it working correctly fail then a person can use the Lemon Law to get out of his legal obligations on that car. Why not in this case? The Cowboys are a "LEMON" of a football franchise right now and in the past decade or more. The PSL's were sold under future performance hype and expectations which have not been delivered on. Case closed: Jerry Jones must buy back all PSLs....................

problem with that is..he does not sale the PSL with a promise of any certain expectation..when you buy a ticket it is not with a promise of a win, it is simply a promise to see a game

Farmersfan
11-29-2012, 10:06 AM
problem with that is..he does not sale the PSL with a promise of any certain expectation..when you buy a ticket it is not with a promise of a win, it is simply a promise to see a game

I think the performance expectations in this case is implied! The cost of the PSLs themselves almost quarantees a quality product must be delivered. The extreme efforts put forth in marketing and team hype in order to sell them is also implying a certain level of excellence. Why do we pay more for a BMW than we do for a Yugo? Both vehicles drive down the road and basically do the exact same thing. The higher cost of the BMW represents an implied superior product. Wouldn't this apply to the higher cost of the Cowboy's PSLs and season tickets? Just wondering out loud....

Farmersfan
11-29-2012, 10:09 AM

And I have to add it isn't a "promise to see a game"! We can see a game a lot of other places for a lot less money. It's a promise to see a Dallas Cowboy game. So what is the generally acceptable expectation for a Dallas Cowboy game? I think the expectations of excellence is what allowed him to set his price on the PSLs so whouldn't it work against him if the quality isn't delivered on? Seems to me it would. Of course the judge would have to be a disgruntiled fan too!!

GrTigers6
11-29-2012, 10:52 AM
And I have to add it isn't a "promise to see a game"! We can see a game a lot of other places for a lot less money. It's a promise to see a Dallas Cowboy game. So what is the generally acceptable expectation for a Dallas Cowboy game? I think the expectations of excellence is what allowed him to set his price on the PSLs so whouldn't it work against him if the quality isn't delivered on? Seems to me it would. Of course the judge would have to be a disgruntiled fan too!!
The whole problem with the concept of boycotting is of cowboy fans don't show up visiting teams will. I think somebody mentioned this earlier.
But for example. There were ample tickets on stubhub when I went to the browns game. Apparently they were sold to browns fans because I bet a third of the crowd was browns fans. So there is no wonder why we have no home field advantage because we don't have a home field.
Now that will change if the team starts having some success on a consistent basis.

Farmersfan
11-29-2012, 02:33 PM
The whole problem with the concept of boycotting is of cowboy fans don't show up visiting teams will. I think somebody mentioned this earlier.
But for example. There were ample tickets on stubhub when I went to the browns game. Apparently they were sold to browns fans because I bet a third of the crowd was browns fans. So there is no wonder why we have no home field advantage because we don't have a home field.
Now that will change if the team starts having some success on a consistent basis.

If Jerry has to depend on visiting fans then he will soon be in sad financial shape. Not only will the stadium be filled at a ever-decreasing rate but merchandising and TV ratings will continue to decline. The Dallas Cowboy fan base is on a steady decline these days and I don't really think that has ever happened before. How far down will it go? I don't know but they said on the radio the other day revenues were down 17% this season. That is pretty bad. Even the awesome new stadium is not keeping people from jumping off the bandwagon anymore. And I honestly believe the only thing that would really generate a lot of enthusiasm now would be for Jerry to hire a Jon Gruden type coach AND step down as the GM.........

GrTigers6
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
If Jerry has to depend on visiting fans then he will soon be in sad financial shape. Not only will the stadium be filled at a ever-decreasing rate but merchandising and TV ratings will continue to decline. The Dallas Cowboy fan base is on a steady decline these days and I don't really think that has ever happened before. How far down will it go? I don't know but they said on the radio the other day revenues were down 17% this season. That is pretty bad. Even the awesome new stadium is not keeping people from jumping off the bandwagon anymore. And I honestly believe the only thing that would really generate a lot of enthusiasm now would be for Jerry to hire a Jon Gruden type coach AND step down as the GM.........But those out of town fans are buying already paid for season tickets

Farmersfan
11-30-2012, 09:56 AM
But those out of town fans are buying already paid for season tickets

If the season ticket holders don't buy them again next season then what? Jerry still got the money for those PSLs but he can't keep eating the unsold tickets in order to insure the game is televised in the local market. I can't remember a Dallas game ever being blacked out in Dallas but if things don't change I promise you it will happen soon. That might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back...............

Red&White_9x5
11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
The one and only way to influence Jerry Jones to make a drastic change is the entire setup and operation of the Dallas Cowboys to to hit him the only place it could hurt which is his bank account. The merchandise sales will always be there, the money made off special events at his venue will always be there, but by GREATLY decreasing ticket sales and the attendance at their 8 home games a year, you will then get his attention. As mentioned the money lost on lack of ticket sales would be huge, but so would the whole black out situation. For the past 15+ the cowboys have been an average .500 ball club and Jerry hasn't changed a single thing other than coach after coach. He will not admit that the common denominator that contributes the most to their mediocrity is himself and the way he operates the organization. At one time he held the keys to a shiny state of the art cadillac, and over time he has transformed it into a Ford Focus. Had he just let go of the reigns on the actual football end a long time ago and just deal with the business end, their would be more rings on his fingers. But he hasn't learned this lesson yet so until he feels the effects in his pocketbook, nothing will ever change

GrTigers6
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
If the season ticket holders don't buy them again next season then what? Jerry still got the money for those PSLs but he can't keep eating the unsold tickets in order to insure the game is televised in the local market. I can't remember a Dallas game ever being blacked out in Dallas but if things don't change I promise you it will happen soon. That might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back...............

Im pretty sure it happened during the 89 season, but not sure! I dont believe people will give up their seats and will keep buying them in the hope that they will get better. However if this trend continues then i can see that slowly fading away.