PDA

View Full Version : Sagarin Conference Rankings

Old Tiger
11-20-2012, 04:25 PM
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc12.htm

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 04:34 PM

that s it end of debate.....numbers are all there.

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Lets take a closer look:

Big "12" has 10 teams...

Avg rating of the top 6 in the Big "12" is 85.985, as opposed to 90.72 for the top 6 in the SEC.

Since the big 12 only has 10 teams, i think its fair to compare the top 10 in the SEC only... if you do that....

The average rating across the big "12" is 81.664. The average rating for the top 10 in the SEC is 85.654....

Pretty much the only reason that the big 12 is ranked ahead is because the SEC has 4 extra teams at the bottom weighing down the score.

Top 10 SEC vs the 10 big "12" schools is a landslide in the SEC's favor. Go figure...

SintonFan
11-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Couldn't you just copied and paste?

OldBison75
11-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I thought the argument was which is the best conference (as in all inclusive). These numbers clearly answer that question. If the idea is to skew the numbers by comparisions that favor one side or the other, then we can find several combinations that favor one side or the other.

VWG
11-20-2012, 08:23 PM
It's just hard for me to understand how the Big 12 is number one. The average offensive score in the Big 12 is 36pts per game. 36!!! No defense in this league whatsoever.

The Big 12 has some talented teams... but they are not on the defensive side of the ball.

Football fan
11-20-2012, 08:32 PM
I thought the argument was which is the best conference (as in all inclusive). These numbers clearly answer that question. If the idea is to skew the numbers by comparisions that favor one side or the other, then we can find several combinations that favor one side or the other.

These numbers don't "clearly" answer which conference is better any more than the BCS standings answer who the best teams are.

Football fan
11-20-2012, 08:39 PM

And if you choose to buy into these numbers and matched up the Big XII #1 vs SEC #1 and did the same for the 2-10 teams in each conference, the SEC would win 9 out of 10 of those matchups.

texanpride1250
11-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Lets take a closer look:

Big "12" has 10 teams...

Avg rating of the top 6 in the Big "12" is 85.985, as opposed to 90.72 for the top 6 in the SEC.

Since the big 12 only has 10 teams, i think its fair to compare the top 10 in the SEC only... if you do that....

The average rating across the big "12" is 81.664. The average rating for the top 10 in the SEC is 85.654....

Pretty much the only reason that the big 12 is ranked ahead is because the SEC has 4 extra teams at the bottom weighing down the score.

Top 10 SEC vs the 10 big "12" schools is a landslide in the SEC's favor. Go figure...

More "Aggie logic".

Why in the world would we want things like facts and statistics get in the way.

The reason the Big 12 is a stronger conference is because there are no easy wins like Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky etc...

You can't pick and choose the teams that you want just back up your misconceived notions.

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I just compared the top 10 of both conferences... The 4 extra teams in the SEC are weak. I'm not denying that, but even these stats show the SEC 1-10 would kick the big 12's 1-10 ass. If Kansas and Baylor aren't easy wins then idk what are....

Oh wait... Baylor is good enough to stomp the best team in the big 12? Basically they all suck.

texanpride1250
11-20-2012, 09:50 PM
And if you choose to buy into these numbers and matched up the Big XII #1 vs SEC #1 and did the same for the 2-10 teams in each conference, the SEC would win 9 out of 10 of those matchups.

What these numbers show is that the SEC is top heavy. Bama would be any team in the Big 12 this year. That is the only given. LSU is loaded with talent but inconsistent. Florida is solid and gritty. But the middle of the pack is where the Big 12 starts to have the edge.

hsbtex
11-20-2012, 09:58 PM
More "Aggie logic".

Why in the world would we want things like facts and statistics get in the way.

The reason the Big 12 is a stronger conference is because there are no easy wins like Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky etc...

You can't pick and choose the teams that you want just back up your misconceived notions.

What is wrong with you texan??? There are no easy wins in the big 12??? What????????

texanpride1250
11-20-2012, 10:00 PM
What these numbers show is that the SEC is top heavy. Bama would be any team in the Big 12 this year. That is the only given. LSU is loaded with talent but inconsistent. Florida is solid and gritty. But the middle of the pack is where the Big 12 starts to have the edge.

Ya that's right they all suck. Now there is a valid argument.

You now sound like a child. "I know you are but what am I."

texanpride1250
11-20-2012, 10:00 PM
What is wrong with you texan??? There are no easy wins in the big 12??? What????????

Kansas.

hsbtex
11-20-2012, 10:05 PM
Middle of the back big12 is where your stronger?? Like your 7-3 OSU team that txb was touting in another thread... that goes out of conference and gets BLOWN AWAY by perennial power Arizona... of the always tough pac12. Love your logic!!

Football fan
11-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I really don't know how you argue a conference is weaker when their top 10 teams could beat the other conferences top 10(per these rankings).

poisoned10
11-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Am I the only one here that has no idea what I just looked at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Big 12 SOS is why they are ranked #1

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 10:50 PM
According to these rankings.... SEC 1-10 >> Big '12' 10 teams

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2012, 11:10 PM
According to these rankings.... SEC 1-10 >> Big '12' 10 teams

NM mis read

FB-fanatic
11-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Am I the only one here that has no idea what I just looked at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you turn the report upside down, it reads "There's power in satan...".
http://stairway-to-heaven.net/satanic-backward-message/

regaleagle
11-21-2012, 12:12 AM
It's just hard for me to understand how the Big 12 is number one. The average offensive score in the Big 12 is 36pts per game. 36!!! No defense in this league whatsoever.

The Big 12 has some talented teams... but they are not on the defensive side of the ball.

You can't measure it like that. It depends on the way the opposition plays as to how you set up or recruit your defense. In the Big 12, they recruit differently for the offenses of the Big 12.

Old Tiger
11-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Middle of the back big12 is where your stronger?? Like your 7-3 OSU team that txb was touting in another thread... that goes out of conference and gets BLOWN AWAY by perennial power Arizona... of the always tough pac12. Love your logic!!

TCU and Oklahoma State both had QB issues. OSU with injuries and TCU with rehab. One would be inclined to think that OSU with a seasoned QB and not a true freshmen or RS freshmen QB would do better. Also TCU is one of the youngest teams in the nation and playing with a back up QB cause the Bwood kid can't control his alcohol.

VWG
11-21-2012, 10:26 AM
TCU and Oklahoma State both had QB issues. OSU with injuries and TCU with rehab. One would be inclined to think that OSU with a seasoned QB and not a true freshmen or RS freshmen QB would do better. Also TCU is one of the youngest teams in the nation and playing with a back up QB cause the Bwood kid can't control his alcohol.

Wow.. that's some great football insight right there. A team that plays with a seasoned QB may be better off than if the played with a RS freshman. Thanks for the wisdom Lou Holtz.

db1980
11-21-2012, 10:49 AM

Look at the last 6 national champs. Great defenses accompanied by great offenses. It takes both to win the sec. That's why it is typically the same 2 teams dominating the sec. When the rest of the sec offenses figure out the forward pass the defensive numbers will look worse for the sec.

db1980
11-21-2012, 10:55 AM
I just compared the top 10 of both conferences... The 4 extra teams in the SEC are weak. I'm not denying that, but even these stats show the SEC 1-10 would kick the big 12's 1-10 ass. If Kansas and Baylor aren't easy wins then idk what are....

Oh wait... Baylor is good enough to stomp the best team in the big 12? Basically they all suck.
The bottom 6 in the sec are weak guaranteed wins in the sec.
Vandy, ole miss, Arkansas, mizzou, Tennessee, Kentucky are the same as Kansas. Baylor would beat all 6 of them.

db1980
11-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I am starting to pick up on something. I don't think the Aggies are Butthurt with Texas. I truly think they are sad they left Baylor behind because they were the only conference foe they dominated.

NastySlot
11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
I am starting to pick up on something. I don't think the Aggies are Butthurt with Texas. I truly think they are sad they left Baylor behind because they were the only conference foe they dominated.

Thanks for posting you have become my daily laugh. Aggies are butthurt. LMAO.

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2012, 01:09 PM
The bottom 6 in the sec are weak guaranteed wins in the sec.
Vandy, ole miss, Arkansas, mizzou, Tennessee, Kentucky are the same as Kansas. Baylor would beat all 6 of them.

Yeah the bottom of the big 12 is probably better than the bottom of the SEC. Well damn, I guess I'll just have to hang my hat on the fact that the other 9 teams in the big 12 would get b*tch slapped by the rest of the SEC schools ...

db1980
11-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah the bottom of the big 12 is probably better than the bottom of the SEC. Well damn, I guess I'll just have to hang my hat on the fact that the other 9 teams in the big 12 would get b*tch slapped by the rest of the SEC schools ...

Nah. I know one of them that had trouble beating most of the Big 12 schools. Thanks for my laughs today. You are too funny.

db1980
11-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks for posting you have become my daily laugh. Aggies are butthurt..

At least you are being honest.

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Nah. I know one of them that had trouble beating most of the Big 12 schools. Thanks for my laughs today. You are too funny.

If you honestly think A&M wouldnt beat the entire big 12 then you're nuts.

KSU and Oklahoma could compete but im 95% A&M would win.

Recent college power rankings just came out and A&M is #2.

Lost their first game (tho im pretty sure A&M would kill Florida now) and Manziel played his only bad game against LSU.

Football fan
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Saggy, don't you have better things to do with your time than argue with Southwest Texas graduates?

NastySlot
11-21-2012, 02:36 PM
At least you are being honest.
Yeah no problem..... I m just glad you ve been able to get an internet connection and kill time while you camp out at Walmart waiting for the black Friday sales. Please keep posting

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Saggy, don't you have better things to do with your time than argue with Southwest Texas graduates?

Haha I do, but I check in a couple times a day on my phone and give em crap. It's fun to debate with these guys. We all make good points but we all refuse to budge an inch. Best part of the downlow

db1980
11-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah no problem..... I m just glad you ve been able to get an internet connection and kill time while you camp out at Walmart waiting for the black Friday sales. Please keep posting

My wife does the shopping. She's in line though. That reminds me....I'm supposed to carry her supper by this evening.

She said they will have SEC Aggie shirts on sale....Cheaper than toilet paper. I need to stock up for the deer lease.

NastySlot
11-21-2012, 04:53 PM
My wife does the shopping. She's in line though. That reminds me....I'm supposed to carry her supper by this evening.

She said they will have SEC Aggie shirts on sale....Cheaper than toilet paper. I need to stock up for the deer lease.

You go start up the Fierro or the firebird ( never could tell the difference) and get her dinner. And you be careful hunting.