PDA

View Full Version : Region IV AREA GotW: Bellville(8-3) Vs. Wimberley(8-3)

Pages : [1] 2

rb585
11-17-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm hearing next Saturday in Bastrop...

lbjacj
11-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Looking at the stats Cuero outplayed them but the 4 picks were the difference!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=160775&TeamID=168&SearchType=Teams

Pudlugger
11-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Bellville by 21. The Texans have no answer to the Brahmas offense.

Manso/V8
11-17-2012, 02:58 AM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=160775&TeamID=168&SearchType=Teams

Really? The final score was 34-13 and the team with 13 points outplayed the team with 34 points?

It was a good game. Cuero has some big guys on the line and #20 is a big, strong, fast, effective running back.
I would say he played as well or better than Jowan Davis of Sealy did last week against the Brahmas.
Cuero had a shot until late in the game.
In the end, the better team won.

We look forward to the game against Wimberley next week.

SintonFan
11-17-2012, 04:10 AM
What is the history between these two teams? I am asking because both teams seem to have a rich history. Just don't know the head to head. :(

speedbump
11-17-2012, 08:02 AM
What is the history between these two teams? I am asking because both teams seem to have a rich history. Just don't know the head to head. :(

This will be their first time to play each other. Should be a good one.

ogg
11-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Really? The final score was 34-13 and the team with 13 points outplayed the team with 34 points?

It was a good game. Cuero has some big guys on the line and #20 is a big, strong, fast, effective running back.
I would say he played as well or better than Jowan Davis of Sealy did last week against the Brahmas.
Cuero had a shot until late in the game.
In the end, the better team won.

We look forward to the game against Wimberley next week.

Cuero's STATS, that STATs out of that San Antoinio paper, were better. Are those stats incorrect? There's more to a game than stats, no one know's that more than us Wimberlites.

rb585
11-17-2012, 11:22 AM
I would guess that Cuero's yardage edge has a lot to do with handing Bellville short fields with four interceptions. So I'm not calling the stats incorrect, but probably misleading.

zebrablue2
11-17-2012, 11:23 AM
My early tought is the Brahmas by 10, but coach Nelms will have something up his sleeve.. Should be a very good Texas high school football game...

wimbo_pro
11-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Bellville is definitely the best team we will have faced this year, minus 4A Dripping Springs (who tore us up in the 2nd half early in the year). I say we win this game. Here's why...

We are ranked higher (though not by much) in Massey's rating for Offense, Defense and the Power Rating. Bellville has a higher rating in Strength of Schedule. But Bellville is ranked 44th overall, and we are 51st overall (Ratings as of 11/12, does not include last night).

HOWEVER......

Truth be told, we are so far down the list from the top 10, and so close to each other, that these ratings dont tell us much except that we are equally matched, more or less. The difference will be 1) experience in the Big Games and 2) coaching. We have a factual advantage in the experience category, and I believe in my heart that the coaching category advantage goes to us as well, though I recognize its just an opinion of a homer.

Wimberley 24
Bellville 14

Tejastrue
11-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Massey is still showing us at 6-3. Not sure how much the extra game would factor into the numbers. For some reason their info this year appears insufficient on several teams. Maybe it has always been that way.

wimbo_pro
11-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Massey is still showing us at 6-3. Not sure how much the extra game would factor into the numbers. For some reason their info this year appears insufficient on several teams. Maybe it has always been that way.

Good point, TJ...but I dont think it would matter much if it were included. We have both struggled through the year, which is reflected in our low rankings (around 50th in 3A, +/-).

ogg
11-17-2012, 12:57 PM
My early tought is the Brahmas by 10, but coach Nelms will have something up his sleeve.. Should be a very good Texas high school football game...

Tell us about your team.

Gone Fishing
11-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Bellville is definitely the best team we will have faced this year, minus 4A Dripping Springs (who tore us up in the 2nd half early in the year). I say we win this game. Here's why...

We are ranked higher (though not by much) in Massey's rating for Offense, Defense and the Power Rating. Bellville has a higher rating in Strength of Schedule. But Bellville is ranked 44th overall, and we are 51st overall (Ratings as of 11/12, does not include last night).

HOWEVER......

Truth be told, we are so far down the list from the top 10, and so close to each other, that these ratings dont tell us much except that we are equally matched, more or less. The difference will be 1) experience in the Big Games and 2) coaching. We have a factual advantage in the experience category, and I believe in my heart that the coaching category advantage goes to us as well, though I recognize its just an opinion of a homer.

Wimberley 24
Bellville 14

I think Navarro might have been the best team we faced, but my opinion only. Against DS after a 7-7 tie in first half and Drip scored on a long run by their slow QB ( Lol ) , we lost our starting safety, QB, top DE limited and one of the top Lb's out, so just saying we might have fared better in that second half if not for that. I havent seen Bellville yet, but will watch some hudle when I get a chance, but I think they may be alot like Navarro. Slot T with some passing available and a decent good defense. Its probably going to be a great game.
Also, I like your #1 and #2.

Tejastrue
11-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Good point, TJ...but I dont think it would matter much if it were included. We have both struggled through the year, which is reflected in our low rankings (around 50th in 3A, +/-).

Very true. Our seasons have turned out quite similar. It was great how the Boerne game played out for us last week but then you see what Somerset did to them last night and you have to wonder. I remain cautiously optimistic.

lbjacj
11-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm hearing next Saturday in Bastrop...

This was posted on WT Facebook page...

"Texans will play Bellville next Saturday in Bastrop, time TBD. The winner will go on to play the winner of Orange Grove/Raymondville. Go Texans!"

Bull's-eye
11-17-2012, 01:24 PM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?isite=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=160775&TeamID=168&SearchType=Teams

I was initially shocked at the stats, thought Bellville would of had more yards. Looking back at the game, the short field position made those stats misleading. Besides the 4 picks, Bellville got great field position off several kickoffs. The opening kickoff was short & Bellville had a long return. Another kick went out of bounds & Bellville was given the ball past the 40 yard line. There was also a shank punt that gave Bellville the ball on the Cuero side of the field. On the other side, Bellville's kicker was booming the ball near the end zone. Cuero's first score was a long drive where they had to march the length of the field. Looking a bit closer at the stats, Cuero had 59 plays from scrimmage, compared to only 37 for Bellville. Bellville averaged 7 yards rushing & Cuero was a little over 5 yards per attempt. Also, remember Cuero had the one long TD run of 57 yards that helped that average. I guess the only stats that really mean anything are the points scored.

Congrats to Cuero for turning their season around, I noticed that they are very young & should be a force to deal with in the near future. Also, great fans & tradition!

wimbo_pro
11-17-2012, 01:38 PM
I was initially shocked at the stats, thought Bellville would of had more yards. Looking back at the game, the short field position made those stats misleading. Besides the 4 picks, Bellville got great field position off several kickoffs. The opening kickoff was short & Bellville had a long return. Another kick went out of bounds & Bellville was given the ball past the 40 yard line. There was also a shank punt that gave Bellville the ball on the Cuero side of the field. On the other side, Bellville's kicker was booming the ball near the end zone. Cuero's first score was a long drive where they had to march the length of the field. Looking a bit closer at the stats, Cuero had 59 plays from scrimmage, compared to only 37 for Bellville. Bellville averaged 7 yards rushing & Cuero was a little over 5 yards per attempt. Also, remember Cuero had the one long TD run of 57 yards that helped that average. I guess the only stats that really mean anything are the points scored.

Congrats to Cuero for turning their season around, I noticed that they are very young & should be a force to deal with in the near future. Also, great fans & tradition!

Whats your take on next weeks game, Bulls Eye?

rb585
11-17-2012, 02:13 PM
6 pm? Can anyone confirm?

Manso/V8
11-17-2012, 02:13 PM
Tell us about your team.

Slot t, the strong side of our O line is big and strong 6'3"-270, 6'1"- 310, 6'3"-240, a stable of very quick backs, the QB goes 6'4"-230 and can carry most of the D on his back for a first down when needed, the passing attack is not as strong as some, but it has been improving and seems to be there when required, we had 4 passing TD's against Sealy, defense has been steadily improving and did a good job of containing very good offenses like Sealy and Cuero in the past two weeks, except for occaisional situations, no players go both ways, this probably cost us at least one win in pre-district but has paid off in the long run, we continue to improve week by week and we are far from peaking as a team.

Our coaching staff is level headed and of high character, a year ago I would have said we lacked big game experience and was probably the factor in our 2OT loss to Coldspring last year, but we have been through a few big time times games since then and I don't see that as an issue any more.

My feeling is that we have the better team than Wimberley, and we have faced much tougher opponents than Wimberley has this year, however that will not impact attitude or preparation for this game. We have a lot of respect for Coach Nelms and the WT program.

This should be a great Texas High School football game.

Brahmas by 7.

rb585
11-17-2012, 02:14 PM
BTW, Wimberley is hosting Blanco-Karnes City Friday night. That should be fun.

rb585
11-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Who's the really good CB? Thompson? Did he have any of the INTs against Cuero?

wimbo_pro
11-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Slot t, the strong side of our O line is big and strong 6'3"-270, 6'1"- 310, 6'3"-240, a stable of very quick backs, the QB goes 6'4"-230 and can carry most of the D on his back for a first down when needed, the passing attack is not as strong as some, but it has been improving and seems to be there when required, we had 4 passing TD's against Sealy, defense has been steadily improving and did a good job of containing very good offenses like Sealy and Cuero in the past two weeks, except for occaisional situations, no players go both ways, this probably cost us at least one win in pre-district but has paid off in the long run, we continue to improve week by week and we are far from peaking as a team.

Our coaching staff is level headed and of high character, a year ago I would have said we lacked big game experience and was probably the factor in our 2OT loss to Coldspring last year, but we have been through a few big time times games since then and I don't see that as an issue any more.

My feeling is that we have the better team than Wimberley, and we have faced much tougher opponents than Wimberley has this year, however that will not impact attitude or preparation for this game. We have a lot of respect for Coach Nelms and the WT program.

This should be a great Texas High School football game.

Brahmas by 7.

Great wrap up of the team, Manso. We have our hands full, no doubt. History of our play off performances over the recent years tells me we will be tough to beat...we step it up quite a bit in the post-season. However, this year has been a little more unpredictable as far as Nelms teams go. I do have confidence that we will win, I just cannot predict HOW we will win like we could in our championship years.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Love both teams. This should be a great game and winner to face a solid OG team IMO.

Tejastrue
11-17-2012, 04:18 PM
except for occasional situations, no players go both ways, this probably cost us at least one win in pre-district but has paid off in the long run, we continue to improve week by week and we are far from peaking as a team.

We unfortunately do not have that luxury this year.

whitelightning5
11-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Cuero's STATS, that STATs out of that San Antoinio paper, were better. Are those stats incorrect? There's more to a game than stats, no one know's that more than us Wimberlites.

Stats meet scoreboard.....Scoreboard these are stats. The only 2 stats that matter are the final score and the W-L record. I couldn't possibly care any less how may yards they rack up in between the 20's. The bend, but dont break defense has been OK so far.

whitelightning5
11-17-2012, 08:19 PM

HOWEVER......

Wimberley 24
Bellville 14

How many returning starters are on this year's team?

rb585
11-17-2012, 09:10 PM
We unfortunately do not have that luxury this year.

Understatement. I'm Ok with our QB playing defense, but I still think it's crazy to have him returning punts.

How many returning starters are on this year's team?

Dave Campbell says 11, but with all the guys playing both ways it's hard to count. Other than WR and CB, most of our guys got significant time in last year's playoffs.

lbjacj
11-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Understatement. I'm Ok with our QB playing defense, but I still think it's crazy to have him returning punts.

I've been saying that all year! I usually agree with our coaches decisions but Reed is too valuable to be returning kicks! we have lot's of guys that can do that. Morris, Rainwater and Trcka come to mind.

Gone Fishing
11-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Stats meet scoreboard.....Scoreboard these are stats. The only 2 stats that matter are the final score and the W-L record. I couldn't possibly care any less how may yards they rack up in between the 20's. The bend, but dont break defense has been OK so far.

Yea, an old saying in Professional golf... "theres no room on the scoreboard for polaroid pictures" Lol.

Tejastrue
11-17-2012, 11:16 PM
I've been saying that all year! I usually agree with our coaches decisions but Reed is too valuable to be returning kicks! we have lot's of guys that can do that. Morris, Rainwater and Trcka come to mind.

We are splitting hairs here but Morris is every bit as important as Jones...IMO

Bull's-eye
11-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Whats your take on next weeks game, Bulls Eye?

To be honest, don't know much about Wimberley. Watching Bellville all year long, it boils down to them establishing a running game with their slot-t. Cuero did a great job of not allowing Bellville to get wide, but they didn't have a answer for the inside running of the Brahma FB. Both teams had early losses to Giddings, can't comment on Wimberley, but Bellville has come a long way since that defeat. Bellville had been one dimensional running the ball, but showed they could pass to beat a stacked defense. Sealy put 9 in the box, but Bellville was able to throw four TD's to defeat that type of defense. I did notice where Liberty Hill had success running their slot-t against Wimberley. If Bellville gets their slot-t clicking, they are very difficult to stop.

On defense, Bellville is not very big. They are quick to ball, but can struggle against the big strong runners. Pass defense has been a strength of late, they have 2 excellent corners & a ball hawking safety. Stats show that Wimberley is very balanced on offense, probably throwing more that most teams that Bellville has faced. Bellville did get some early practice against a very good throwing Kinkaid team, made some changes in the secondary & has been much improved since that game. Also, Bellville's special teams gives them a distinct advantage against most teams.

It all boils down to match ups. Bellville struggled against a big physical team like El Campo, but has been very good against the finesse teams. Should be a great game, but I like Bellville's chances.

catfish
11-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Bellville by 21. The Texans have no answer to the Brahmas offense.

I don't make predictions,but I will say this.....In the 2005 Championship season Wimberley was the underdog against 3 really good teams in the playoffs.They beat very good Columbia,West Orange,and in the Championship game beat Gainesville teams .All of these teams were double digit favorites to win....In the 2011 championship year Wimberley was the underdog against Coldsprings,and a double digit underdog to an Argyle team that was supposed to win in the championship game just by showing up,according to most of people.Wimberley is used to being the underdog in the playoffs and I think plays better in that role.I just hope they play their best game of the year.....As for Reed returning punts,he likes it,and the coaches have confidence in him not turning the ball over.I prefer to just watch the games and let the coaches make the decisions without being questioned,I think they have earned that right.

wimbo_pro
11-18-2012, 09:16 AM
As for Reed returning punts,he likes it,and the coaches have confidence in him not turning the ball over.I prefer to just watch the games and let the coaches make the decisions without being questioned,I think they have earned that right.

"Earned that right" is an understatement....Sir Nelms and his staff have earned more than the right. However, I gotta say I don't think anyone is truly "questioning" the coaches. This is only friendly discussion...good, solid fans yapping about their hometown team...nothing more. Who in their right minds would really "question" Coach Nelms on something so obvious? I do think we, as hardcore fans, have also earned the "right" to discuss such things, with respect for the coaches and players and with full knowledge we are just arm-chair QB's !! No harm, no foul.

wimbo_pro
11-18-2012, 09:24 AM
To be honest, don't know much about Wimberley. Watching Bellville all year long, it boils down to them establishing a running game with their slot-t. Cuero did a great job of not allowing Bellville to get wide, but they didn't have a answer for the inside running of the Brahma FB. Both teams had early losses to Giddings, can't comment on Wimberley, but Bellville has come a long way since that defeat. Bellville had been one dimensional running the ball, but showed they could pass to beat a stacked defense. Sealy put 9 in the box, but Bellville was able to throw four TD's to defeat that type of defense. I did notice where Liberty Hill had success running their slot-t against Wimberley. If Bellville gets their slot-t clicking, they are very difficult to stop.

On defense, Bellville is not very big. They are quick to ball, but can struggle against the big strong runners. Pass defense has been a strength of late, they have 2 excellent corners & a ball hawking safety. Stats show that Wimberley is very balanced on offense, probably throwing more that most teams that Bellville has faced. Bellville did get some early practice against a very good throwing Kinkaid team, made some changes in the secondary & has been much improved since that game. Also, Bellville's special teams gives them a distinct advantage against most teams.

It all boils down to match ups. Bellville struggled against a big physical team like El Campo, but has been very good against the finesse teams. Should be a great game, but I like Bellville's chances.

Good review, Bull. Regarding the Slot T, I would think that no other team in R4 has had as much success (over the years) in containing LH's Slot T as has Wimberley (and we would all agree LH runs a pretty damned good Slot T)...even though it fell apart late in the game this year, we held them down all game. We welcome the Slot T, we have it down pat. The only problem is...if the Slot T is being run by superior athletes, then we are in trouble. LOL....I know it sounds so obvious, but if your guys are quicker than our front defense, then we have trouble. We know you will be bigger...we hope for the biggest, cuz thats when we do our best on Defense.

It should be a great game...unfortunately I will be in Chicago.

catfish
11-18-2012, 10:33 AM
I realize that all this appears to be harmless banter,and probably is,but lets say something happened in the game.Reed muffs a punt or,God forbid got injured,some less learned people who read this site,might see it as poor judgement by the coaches,and as stupid as it sounds,that is the beginning of a coaching controversy.Hopefully ,Nelms and staff have proven their worth and can stay in Wimberley as long as they want,but ,you never know in the coaching business.......I am probably more sensitive to the situation and it is more than likely harmless,so have fun.

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Liberty Hill did not beat us because we could not contain the Slot T. LH got us because of turnovers and a kickoff return for a TD. I would compare it to Bellville v. Cuero. We out gained them, holding them to about half of their typical offensive output. We were in the thick of that game until the last half of the 4th quarter. Needless to say we are different team today.

Navarro hurt us as much if not more with the pass than the Slot T. Again we held them to about half of their usual rushing output. That game solidified Jones as a need at safety, as he was not in there that game but has started both ways ever since.

Bellville's size on the OL does concern me. That being said teams have a hard time running on this D. It sounds like our defenses are very similar, a bit on the small side and gets by with speed.

Should be a close game, which I am not looking forward to. LOL, I hate the close ones when it involves the Texans.

Manso/V8
11-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Yall don't seem very confident.

Tell us about your team, maybe we can help boost your confidence.
Most of the Bellville guys will bare all and discuss the weaknesses......right now that wouldn't give us much to talk about, besides I prefer to accentuate the positive.

Should we keep this thread analytical or do you want to have some fun and start smack talkin'?
Or is it a bit early in the week for that?

Tell me how you want to handle this, because for one of us, this is gonna be the last week of the season.

It seems the Wimberley posters are the most creative when someone gets under their skin......I still remember those Sealy-Wimberley threads.
I am still waiting for an apology for the comment about Austin County folk driving dirty trucks with expired tags down dirt roads.

Tejastrue
11-18-2012, 05:30 PM
As opposed to last year..I'd say you were right. The confidence is there, it's just a bit subdued at the present.

Manso/V8
11-18-2012, 05:35 PM
The reality is, it all comes down to how well those 16,17, and 18 year old kids play on Saturday.

Tejastrue
11-18-2012, 06:03 PM
The reality is, it all comes down to how well those 16,17, and 18 year old kids play on Saturday.

So true. Since we are playing on a Saturday it may be a bit soon to start the smack but I'm sure there will be some before then. As fas as Sealy..we had a bit of history and game controversy mixed in for the perfect platform to fire away. You're making me want to go back and read that Sealy thread again. LOL...

lbjacj
11-18-2012, 06:12 PM
So true. Since we are playing on a Saturday it may be a bit soon to start the smack but I'm sure there will be some before then. As fas as Sealy..we had a bit of history and game controversy mixed in for the perfect platform to fire away. You're making me want to go back and read that Sealy thread again. LOL...

That all started with what Sealy fans thought was a bad call on their failed two point conversion to try and win instead of kicking the xtra point and going to overtime. The call was correct(proven by photos) and their coach threw a fit and was ejected! Then they tried it again in Sealy and we stopped them again! This will not be forgotten by the Tiger fans!

ogg
11-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Liberty Hill did not beat us because we could not contain the Slot T. LH got us because of turnovers and a kickoff return for a TD. I would compare it to Bellville v. Cuero. We out gained them, holding them to about half of their typical offensive output. We were in the thick of that game until the last half of the 4th quarter. Needless to say we are different team today.

Navarro hurt us as much if not more with the pass than the Slot T. Again we held them to about half of their usual rushing output. That game solidified Jones as a need at safety, as he was not in there that game but has started both ways ever since.

Bellville's size on the OL does concern me. That being said teams have a hard time running on this D. It sounds like our defenses are very similar, a bit on the small side and gets by with speed.

Should be a close game, which I am not looking forward to. LOL, I hate the close ones when it involves the Texans.

You are correct, and let me add that Wimberley can pound and grind the ball with the best of them, Kolby Kelley just keeps getting better. Hell, he runs through players, very powerful I-formation package with Lambert. Also if Morris gets the edge, he’s gone. The Texans have speed and power with an o-line that is more impressive each week.

Bull's-eye
11-18-2012, 07:41 PM

Stats show that LH rushed for 329 yards on 48 attempts, that is a rushing average of 6.85 yds per attempt. For the season, LH averaged 6.3 yards per rushing attempt. LH did average 392 yards rushing for the season, but they also did that on 62 attempts per game. Looking at Bellville, the Brahmas won every game when they rushed for at least 4.6 yards per game. Also, the higher the average corresponded with a wider margin of victory. Wimberley's defense gave up an average of 5.1 yards per rushing attempt for the year. In the scoring stats, Bellville scored 35.7 points per game, while giving up only 15.8 points. Wimberley scored 29.6 points per game, while giving up 22.0 points. These stats are why I like Bellville's chances, but I know that there are many other factors that can decide a game. Also, stats are against different opponents, so there will be some discrepancies.

lbjacj
11-18-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Bellville&site=@&team2=Wimberley

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Well then I stand corrected. I was basing my statement on the stats I saw the morning after the game which came for the Austin American Statesmen(should have known better) but I had LH with about 100 less rushing yds. Maybe I misremembered. I was also basing the statement of we held them to about half of their normal output on the season to date of when we played them. Not the entire season. In hindsight I should have gone back and double checked some stats before hand.

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Speaking of Bellville, watching the Steeler-Ravens and one of the players announced he was from Bellville. So you have that going for you.

Manso/V8
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Speaking of Bellville, watching the Steeler-Ravens and one of the players announced he was from Bellville. So you have that going for you.

That would be Emmanuel Sanders, a 2005 Bellville graduate. He played at SMU and holds several of their pass receiving records. He was drafted in the 3rd round by the Steelers in the 2010 draft and got to play in the Super Bowl his rookie year. He was special player in high school and a lot of fun to watch. You'll get to see some similar type players on Saturday. The football genetics run pretty deep 'round these parts.

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 09:10 PM
That would be Emmanuel Sanders, a 2005 Bellville graduate. He played at SMU and holds several of their pass receiving records. He was drafted in the 3rd round by the Steelers in the 2010 draft and got to play in the Super Bowl his rookie year. He was special player in high school and a lot of fun to watch. You'll get to see some similar type players on Saturday. The football genetics run pretty deep 'round these parts.

I remember him at SMU. I bet he was fun to watch. I hope you are wrong about having similar type players though. That would not be fun for us to watch.

Tejastrue
11-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Stats show that LH rushed for 329 yards on 48 attempts, that is a rushing average of 6.85 yds per attempt. For the season, LH averaged 6.3 yards per rushing attempt. LH did average 392 yards rushing for the season, but they also did that on 62 attempts per game. Looking at Bellville, the Brahmas won every game when they rushed for at least 4.6 yards per game. Also, the higher the average corresponded with a wider margin of victory. Wimberley's defense gave up an average of 5.1 yards per rushing attempt for the year. In the scoring stats, Bellville scored 35.7 points per game, while giving up only 15.8 points. Wimberley scored 29.6 points per game, while giving up 22.0 points. These stats are why I like Bellville's chances, but I know that there are many other factors that can decide a game. Also, stats are against different opponents, so there will be some discrepancies.

It was one of those games you had to be there as I'm sure was the same as the Cuero game for you guys. What is the source for your stats? Those numbers from the LH game are a bit high. Not that it really matters though...we lost.
For the season we've given up an avg of 19.72. Take away a KO return and 3 pick 6's (all pre-district) and it drops to 17. 18. I can tell you that our first 5 games we were moving so many people around trying to find their niche it's wonder we won a single game.

Tejastrue
11-18-2012, 09:58 PM

I'm sure you run the slot-t for that very reason. :wave:

Manso/V8
11-18-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm sure you run the slot-t for that very reason. :wave:

The slot t is the offense our head coach prefers, his father ran it, and his brother runs it.
We started with the slot t last year, Coach Rowe's first year in Bellville.
Having very quick backs and WR's just adds a touch of interest.
It also helps having quick CB's to shut down receivers like RSJ.

Bull's-eye
11-18-2012, 10:40 PM
The thing about Sanders is that you would of never said he was NFL material watching him play in high school. Don't get me wrong, Sanders was a very good high high school player. At Bellville, he was a jack of all trades. He started out playing receiver, played some in the secondary & did a little running out of the wing t. In his Sr year, moved to QB & then moved back to the wing position where he did split time running & receiving. Also, at 5'11" & about 160 lbs, Sanders didn't have the body for the NFL. IMO, Sanders has the ability to raise his game to any level of competition & be a productive player. I credit this to mental toughness, hard work & an unbelievable desire to make it all happen. In college, he worked very hard & added about 25 lbs of muscle. Sanders always told people he would play in the NFL, but it took a couple of record breaking college seasons to make me a believer. Don't get me wrong, I was one of his biggest supporters, but I knew what the odds were to make it in the NFL.

Bull's-eye
11-18-2012, 10:52 PM
It was one of those games you had to be there as I'm sure was the same as the Cuero game for you guys. What is the source for your stats? Those numbers from the LH game are a bit high. Not that it really matters though...we lost.
For the season we've given up an avg of 19.72. Take away a KO return and 3 pick 6's (all pre-district) and it drops to 17. 18. I can tell you that our first 5 games we were moving so many people around trying to find their niche it's wonder we won a single game.

I got them from the THSCA Press box website. My point is that a team like El Campo held us to a 2.37 rushing average and we struggled. When we can average 5 yards or more, we are a very good team, but this is probably true with most teams. There are still other factors like turnovers, penalties, execution & special teams that can decide the outcome. Also, we have to do our best to stop the Wimberley offense.

texanpride1250
11-18-2012, 10:52 PM
He sounds like a good kid. You got to love the ones that don't just get by with superior talent but rather work hard to make the most of the talent they have. There are a lot of "more talented" players that are sitting at home watching this kid play tonight. Hats off to him.

That kind of attitude is what has made Wimberley so successful over the years. We are often not the the biggest, fastest or most talented but we have found away to just win. We will see how far that gets us this year. We will no doubt have our hands full his week.

Manso/V8
11-18-2012, 10:54 PM
The thing about Sanders is that you would of never said he was NFL material watching him play in high school. Don't get me wrong, Sanders was a very good high high school player. At Bellville, he was a jack of all trades. He started out playing receiver, played some in the secondary & did a little running out of the wing t. In his Sr year, moved to QB & then moved back to the wing position where he did split time running & receiving. Also, at 5'11" & about 160 lbs, Sanders didn't have the body for the NFL. IMO, Sanders has the ability to raise his game to any level of competition & be a productive player. I credit this to mental toughness, hard work & an unbelievable desire to make it all happen. In college, he worked very hard & added about 25 lbs of muscle. Sanders always told people he would play in the NFL, but it took a couple of record breaking college seasons to make me a believer. Don't get me wrong, I was one of his biggest supporters, but I knew what the odds were to make it in the NFL.

That is all true, you wouldn't have looked at him in high school and said that kid is gonna play in the NFL one day, but you have to admit there was something special about him in high school.

For sure you wouldn't have thought that coming out of high school that Hunter Goodwin was going to play in the NFL, and he played for 9 seasons.

The big difference with both of these players was hard work and determination.

MJMbrahmas10
11-18-2012, 11:00 PM
There was about 4 or 5 players I thought might have a chance in the early 2000s and Emmanuel wasn't one

Tejastrue
11-18-2012, 11:08 PM
I got them from the THSCA Press box website. My point is that a team like El Campo held us to a 2.37 rushing average and we struggled. When we can average 5 yards or more, we are a very good team, but this is probably true with most teams. There are still other factors like turnovers, penalties, execution & special teams that can decide the outcome. Also, we have to do our best to stop the Wimberley offense.

Understood. My numbers were different because they only show us playing 10 games.

Tejastrue
11-18-2012, 11:16 PM
http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfbmatchup.php?team1=Bellville&site=@&team2=Wimberley

I hate this stupid analyzer. LOL... It's official..we are the definite underdog.

Gone Fishing
11-18-2012, 11:18 PM
We are splitting hairs here but Morris is every bit as important as Jones...IMO

Tejas sometimes you say the dumbest things. But it was your opinion.

lbjacj
11-18-2012, 11:22 PM
I hate this stupid analyzer. LOL... It's official..we are the definite underdog.

You really didn't have to see that to know we are the underdogs did you?

Tejastrue
11-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Tejas sometimes you say the dumbest things. But it was your opinion.

You really just said that? Sorry we can't all be the intellectual type such as yourself.

Gone Fishing
11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
You really just said that? Sorry we can't all be the intellectual type such as yourself.

Well Morris is one of my favorite players. He has played amazing at OLB and adds a different dimension to our running game with his quickness and blazing speed and has done a fantastic job with the touches he gets there too, But there are 5 or 6 OLB's and 5 solid RB's BUT there is 1 starting QB with 1 back up QB and a JR. JV move up QB with no varsity experience, So IMO I didn't think that was splitting hairs, maybe you just didn't think it out. Any way no arguments from me we all have the same goal.

Gone Fishing
11-19-2012, 12:16 AM

Tell us about your team, maybe we can help boost your confidence.
Most of the Bellville guys will bare all and discuss the weaknesses......right now that wouldn't give us much to talk about, besides I prefer to accentuate the positive.

Should we keep this thread analytical or do you want to have some fun and start smack talkin'?
Or is it a bit early in the week for that?

Tell me how you want to handle this, because for one of us, this is gonna be the last week of the season.

It seems the Wimberley posters are the most creative when someone gets under their skin......I still remember those Sealy-Wimberley threads.
I am still waiting for an apology for the comment about Austin County folk driving dirty trucks with expired tags down dirt roads.

Oh there's confidence Manso....The ones that matter the most have it.

Tejastrue
11-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Well Morris is one of my favorite players. He has played amazing at OLB and adds a different dimension to our running game with his quickness and blazing speed and has done a fantastic job with the touches he gets there too, But there are 5 or 6 OLB's and 5 solid RB's BUT there is 1 starting QB with 1 back up QB and a JR. JV move up QB with no varsity experience, So IMO I didn't think that was splitting hairs, maybe you just didn't think it out. Any way no arguments from me we all have the same goal.

Your "dumb" comment was what was not thought out IMO. From the names lbjacj listed it was Morris that stood out. My thoughts were the young man is/has been vital to the Texans success and one of those you would really hate to lose. Same as for Mann or Kelley and many others. I'm also a little more enthusiastic about the abilities of our backup QB if needed. I think you were reading a bit too deep into my comment for whatever reason.

Manso/V8
11-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh there's confidence Manso....The ones that matter the most have it.
That's great. It should be a really good game.
You still haven't told us about your team.

Manso/V8
11-19-2012, 01:11 AM
There was about 4 or 5 players I thought might have a chance in the early 2000s and Emmanuel wasn't one

Really? Who? The thing that stuck out about Emmanual was burst, but it didn't seem he had the frame to have the level of post high school.
Kids grow, college programs can really change an athlete. No matter what level you start out at, making it in the NFL is such slim chance.

rb585
11-19-2012, 10:06 AM
We're a better team than the numbers show. We've improved a lot since the season started, especially offensively. With the exception of the Boerne game, the defense has played good-to-great all season. They got hit for a couple of long runs early against Giddings before they adjusted to the speed, then pretty much shut Giddings down starting in the 2nd quarter. In the Dripping (especially) and LH games, they kind of got hung out to dry by the offense sputtering. Against Dripping, it seemed like they were on the field all game and Dripping's size advantage finally took over. The fact that we have so many kids who play both ways made this a bigger problem.

The offense has finally gotten on the same page and developed a consistent approach. The first five games were a lot of turnovers and three-and-outs. We just looked lost at times. We've finally settled on Kolby as the main TB. Reed has done a much better job of not forcing passes into coverage. The young WRs have improved (they were to blame for several INTs). And I really like Kothmann playing receiver -- he's either a big target or he's a devastating blocker on the WR screen plays.

My biggest worry is the size difference. Dripping really wasn't a good team, but they finally figured out that they could physically overpower us, especially when we got tired because our offense was so non-existent. I suspect that Bellville is a lot more talented than Dripping. Our kids (and especially Coach Smith) know how to handle that offense -- I don't expect many big plays, but I'm worried about 20-play, 80-yard drives taking their toll because we seriously have one of the smallest 3A playoff teams I've ever seen. Our offense is going to have step up, hold on to the ball, and play efficiently. If they do, we'll win this.

wimbo_pro
11-19-2012, 11:08 AM

HaHa...don't let it get to you TJ...he said the same thing to me last year!!! LOL

wimbo_pro
11-19-2012, 11:14 AM

Manso, I believe what you are seeing is reserved confidence. Last year.?..we weren't so reserved, and we had the stats and the record to flaunt it. Turns out we were right. This year...the stats, the record and the performance clearly shows we are not at that level required of a State Championship caliber team. Not yet. We are counting on our team to rally and improve yet again, which they did Friday night. I think we can "up it" another notch and beat Bellville. We recognize we are the underdog. Maybe thats what you are seeing as "not so confident".

YTBulldogs
11-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Sorry txsportswriter (my nephew by the way) WT pulls this one out late, 31-28. Stick to volleyball son.:taunt:

Mike, let's make a road trip Sat to see this one in Bastrop. 6PM still?

Bull's-eye
11-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Really? Who? The thing that stuck out about Emmanual was burst, but it didn't seem he had the frame to have the level of post high school.
Kids grow, college programs can really change an athlete. No matter what level you start out at, making it in the NFL is such slim chance.

Sanders did have a burst, but I believe he got faster in college. Thinking back, Brandon Harris was probably the most electrifying player that I can remember playing for Bellville. As far as NFL prospects, the LB's Syptak & Dornan were very good. Schneider grew into a nice OT for the Aggies. Louie Runnels was a bull in high school & got a try out with a NFL team. Buenger had the cannon arm to be a very good QB, but lack the height & size. Sorry to jump in on your post, love to hear some prospects that I may of missed.

Manso/V8
11-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Sanders did have a burst, but I believe he got faster in college. Thinking back, Brandon Harris was probably the most electrifying player that I can remember playing for Bellville. As far as NFL prospects, the LB's Syptak & Dornan were very good. Schneider grew into a nice OT for the Aggies. Louie Runnels was a bull in high school & got a try out with a NFL team. Buenger had the cannon arm to be a very good QB, but lack the height & size. Sorry to jump in on your post, love to hear some prospects that I may of missed.

That's right! Brandon Harris was the playmaker and go to guy when the Brahmas needed a stop or a TD. I remember he got some DII offers, but I don't think he played college ball. I remember Syptak getting some NFL tryouts, and from a quick google search it seems he is still playing arena league for the Colorado Crush. I don't remember too much about Dornan, but I know he did well at Rice. Schneider was a big fella for sure, but maybe lacked the foot speed to make it in the big show. I saw Louie a year or two back and he was on the Packers practice squad until he go injured, I think it was an ankle. College ball turned Louie in to more than a bull! There is a Runnels on this year's team, that we get see display some family speed on occaision. That Buenger to Goeke combo was a lot of fun to watch. I think Buenger played baseball for Rice and A&M, and Goeke may have kicked for Blinn and then A&M. Garrett Nunn was a beast at RB and was getting very serious looks from big time D-1 schools like Texas and the like, but a broken leg in the playoffs his senior year might have derailed some of those possibilities. Garrett's younger brother, LaKeith is the current FB for the Brahmas. All good players and exciting to watch, but all the chips have to fall right, and small differences in size and other measureables have to be right for a player to make it in the NFL.

Tejastrue
11-19-2012, 01:44 PM
HaHa...don't let it get to you TJ...he said the same thing to me last year!!! LOL

I guess I don't remember that but it's all good. So glad he's not displaying any favoritism tendencies. We have moderators here but I guess there is always room for a dumberator. Who knows..if I keep posting I may get banned from the site. LOL!!

ogg
11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
We're a better team than the numbers show. We've improved a lot since the season started, especially offensively. With the exception of the Boerne game, the defense has played good-to-great all season. They got hit for a couple of long runs early against Giddings before they adjusted to the speed, then pretty much shut Giddings down starting in the 2nd quarter. In the Dripping (especially) and LH games, they kind of got hung out to dry by the offense sputtering. Against Dripping, it seemed like they were on the field all game and Dripping's size advantage finally took over. The fact that we have so many kids who play both ways made this a bigger problem.

The offense has finally gotten on the same page and developed a consistent approach. The first five games were a lot of turnovers and three-and-outs. We just looked lost at times. We've finally settled on Kolby as the main TB. Reed has done a much better job of not forcing passes into coverage. The young WRs have improved (they were to blame for several INTs). And I really like Kothmann playing receiver -- he's either a big target or he's a devastating blocker on the WR screen plays.

My biggest worry is the size difference. Dripping really wasn't a good team, but they finally figured out that they could physically overpower us, especially when we got tired because our offense was so non-existent. I suspect that Bellville is a lot more talented than Dripping. Our kids (and especially Coach Smith) know how to handle that offense -- I don't expect many big plays, but I'm worried about 20-play, 80-yard drives taking their toll because we seriously have one of the smallest 3A playoff teams I've ever seen. Our offense is going to have step up, hold on to the ball, and play efficiently. If they do, we'll win this.

Also our boys have kinda groved into some new positions they're playing, game has slowed down for some of the new faces.

29-3aFAN
11-19-2012, 02:05 PM
This game will be a toss up IMO

Tejastrue
11-19-2012, 02:40 PM
You really didn't have to see that to know we are the underdogs did you?

No..not at all. There really was humor in my comment mixed with subtle sarcasm.:)

Manso/V8
11-19-2012, 04:59 PM
There is no underdog in this game.

Gone Fishing
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM

I guess I don't remember that but it's all good. So glad he's not displaying any favoritism tendencies. We have moderators here but I guess there is always room for a dumberator. Who knows..if I keep posting I may get banned from the site. LOL!!

Wimbo ,I really can't remember that long ago, but I think I was right on most things. Defense and the secondary come to mind. Lol. 2011 State Champs.

Tejas no favoritism tendences here, just football knowledge and doing math. Lol.

Gone Fishing
11-19-2012, 10:05 PM

There is no underdog in this game.

Can't believe we are going to play each other Manso! its going to be a fun week. AND I agree no underdog in this game. Two good teams just going to get after it. We are a different team than our first 5 non district games for sure. All guys in place and healthy.

Yoe_09
11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Thoughs & Predictions?

BrahmaMom
11-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Bull's-Eye: The first time BrahmaDad ever saw Sanders play, he turned to me and said' "That guy will be in the NFL." Never forget it. He's done Bellville proud. Syptak is now in law school. This team has brought back the excitement of the old Brahma days. Rowe has really brought the spirit back...I think Brahmas will win in a close one. The team that makes fewer mental mistakes wins. Would love to see defensive TDs again ;) Let's get fired up, Bulls!

rb585
11-19-2012, 11:25 PM
As long as we're reminiscing, I think I saw Bellville play a playoff game in Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos.

What year was that? Who did they play?

Manso/V8
11-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Can't believe we are going to play each other Manso! its going to be a fun week. AND I agree no underdog in this game. Two good teams just going to get after it. We are a different team than our first 5 non district games for sure. All guys in place and healthy.

Yep, this is gonna be a fun one. I think Bellville and Wimberley are similar type towns with good kids, a lot of support and positive reinforcement for the kids from the community, etc.
We can prognositicate and predict, but none of that matters, it is all gonna be decided on the field (and sidelines) on Saturday night.

We have steadily improved since pre-district and for the most part we are healthy. I think we may still be missing one of our starting OLB's, he was out for the Cuero game and was missed, but the backups stepped up.

I expect it to be a hard fought, clean game, with a high level of sportsmanship displayed.
Soak it all in, it is playoff time!

Tejastrue
11-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Wimbo ,I really can't remember that long ago, but I think I was right on most things. Defense and the secondary come to mind. Lol. 2011 State Champs.

Tejas no favoritism tendences here, just football knowledge and doing math. Lol.

That is comforting to know GF. Does that math formula calculate intangibles? :wave:

Manso/V8
11-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Wow, a family fued in progress.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.....does this mean there are some squabbles on the sidelines as well?

There was some of that going on in Sealy this year.

Go ahead and tell us about it.

Get it off your chest!

Gone Fishing
11-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Wow, a family fued in progress.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.....does this mean there are some squabbles on the sidelines as well?

There was some of that going on in Sealy this year.

Go ahead and tell us about it.

Get it off your chest!

Ha Ha Manso, good try.

Tejastrue
11-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Yeah..nice try Manso. Are we going to do the smack thing here or not? I see you're already testing the waters on the Wharton/ Navarro thread.

MJMbrahmas10
11-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Manso i always thought we would see Louie runnels, Brandon Harris, josh Bryant, Brandy goeke. Well I always thought they had more talent. But I was young then as well

MJMbrahmas10
11-20-2012, 12:41 AM
YouTube Brandon Harris' highlights. Some of his plays were un real

Manso/V8
11-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Yeah..nice try Manso. Are we going to do the smack thing here or not? I see you're already testing the waters on the Wharton/ Navarro thread.

Testing the waters? I thought I was being helpful by providing information.

You know it is hard for me to hold back the smart aleck stuff, it bubbles just below the surface, but I'm still gonna try to give it a day or two.
I know the Wimberley kids hide in their rooms and read this board like they are sneaking a look at a dirty magazine or adult website, especially this year with the insecurity they must feel, so I don't want to bruise their egos or give them any extra motivation with bulletin board material this early in the week.

Manso/V8
11-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Manso i always thought we would see Louie runnels, Brandon Harris, josh Bryant, Brandy goeke. Well I always thought they had more talent. But I was young then as well

Those were all great high school football players. Texas is filled with kids that are great football players but don't really have a shot at making a big impact at the DI or DII level. Everybody on those teams was really, really good in high school, or on the scout squod, Most can play good DIII, if they love it enough to take the step down in glamour from high school. I think of that group, Louie was the only one who had a big impact at the DII level, not too sure how much impact Jabo had at SMU. Making it in pro ball is whole 'nother thing. You have to be really special, fortunate, and extremely dedicated.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2012, 11:14 AM

GoneFishing...it was said with tongue in cheek. I made a silly comment to a silly post, and I think you thought I was being serious I think someone said they loved the planet Jupiter, and I said something tryng to be funny like "....as far as planets go, I like this one." LOL

As far as football is concerned, we werent too far off last year...except in one regard. The issue about 2011 vs. 2005 teams. We can discuss this at sme other time!

Red Bull
11-20-2012, 11:34 AM
This should be great high school playoff football game. It is amazing that these two programs have never met. I am going with Bellville win 28-21 by dominating on the ground, opportunistic passing attack and the Brahma defense creating some turnovers.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
This should be great high school playoff football game. It is amazing that these two programs have never met. I am going with Bellville win 28-21 by dominating on the ground, opportunistic passing attack and the Brahma defense creating some turnovers.

The one that worries me the most is the passing attack. I am not giving away any trade secrets when I say the teams that beat us this year did so more on the pass than the run.

Bull's-eye
11-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Bull's-Eye: The first time BrahmaDad ever saw Sanders play, he turned to me and said' "That guy will be in the NFL." Never forget it. He's done Bellville proud. Syptak is now in law school. This team has brought back the excitement of the old Brahma days. Rowe has really brought the spirit back...I think Brahmas will win in a close one. The team that makes fewer mental mistakes wins. Would love to see defensive TDs again ;) Let's get fired up, Bulls!

BrahmaDad & our old friend Buddy recognized his talents early on, but it took me a little longer. After meeting Sanders a few times, I finally picked up on his passion & unstoppable desire to make it in the NFL. You are right about the excitement, playoff football gets everybody pumped! Hope the family is doing well.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2012, 12:21 PM
I know one thing, last's year's Texan team was very special. They had the leaders, certain mixture of players you knew would will a win when things were on the line. Guess called desire. They were a special bunch and I loved watching them play all the way to state. Someone has my state shirt, maybe I can get it this year in Dallas from ya?

If those who experienced last years journey, take's charge and directs this team, they very well could return to Jerry's World. Experience now in the playoff's, means so much. No way this year's team is as talented as last year's IMO, but--desire and that will, can get you there too.

Tejastrue
11-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Testing the waters? I thought I was being helpful by providing information.

You know it is hard for me to hold back the smart aleck stuff, it bubbles just below the surface, but I'm still gonna try to give it a day or two.
I know the Wimberley kids hide in their rooms and read this board like they are sneaking a look at a dirty magazine or adult website, especially this year with the insecurity they must feel, so I don't want to bruise their egos or give them any extra motivation with bulletin board material this early in the week.

Yeah, these kids down here are beaming with insecurity. It is just so painful to watch as they go through the rituals of preparing for this game.

rb585
11-20-2012, 12:58 PM
I know one thing, last's year's Texan team was very special. They had the leaders, certain mixture of players you knew would will a win when things were on the line. Guess called desire. They were a special bunch and I loved watching them play all the way to state. Someone has my state shirt, maybe I can get it this year in Dallas from ya?

If those who experienced last years journey, take's charge and directs this team, they very well could return to Jerry's World. Experience now in the playoff's, means so much. No way this year's team is as talented as last year's IMO, but--desire and that will, can get you there too.

That's pretty much why I jumped down that La Grange fan's throat when he picked Bandera to beat us because "Bandera wanted to win the game more."

We have about 15 starters who played major roles on a team that not only had the talent, but also the desire, work ethic, cajones, etc, to go 15-0 last season. I don't think we're going to win state again this season, but I do know that whatever team knocks us out will have earned that win.

Red Bull
11-20-2012, 01:26 PM
The one that worries me the most is the passing attack. I am not giving away any trade secrets when I say the teams that beat us this year did so more on the pass than the run.

Bellville coaches usually take what defense gives them. In Sealy game they stacked the box so Bellville threw for 4 TD's. Against Cuero the run up the middle with fullback was vulnerable. They can go wide was well with speed so it just depends on what defense gives them.

All that said, it should be a good one and the one that adjusts first and makes the least amount of mistakes (turnovers) will win.

Manso/V8
11-20-2012, 03:41 PM

We've seen the film.

Manso/V8
11-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah, these kids down here are beaming with insecurity. It is just so painful to watch as they go through the rituals of preparing for this game.

I need to step up my game. It is hard to slip one by you!

The problem is, with BrahmaMom back on the board, I feel like I need to be on my best behavior.

wimbo_pro
11-20-2012, 06:08 PM
We've seen the film.

And we've seen Bellville's...and have confidence we can win this game!

zebrablue2
11-20-2012, 06:31 PM
I need to step up my game. It is hard to slip one by you!

The problem is, with BrahmaMom back on the board, I feel like I need to be on my best behavior.

You don't have to worry about Brahma Mom as much as you do me:D

LHPfactory
11-20-2012, 08:11 PM
I pick Wimberley to win this one. Nelms is intimately familiar with the Slot-T from the epic games with LH over the years. Not to mention GN over the past few seasons. I believe Bellville will have a tough time moving the ball against the Texans Defense.

LHPfactory
11-20-2012, 08:30 PM

LH had a much higher average going into the Wimberley Game, and WT did better than anyone all year at the mid point of the season. The LH average dropped greatly in the last 4 games of the season. LH fell apart, and self destructed in the second half of the season.

Nelms has many years of playing in big games against LH and GN.

That being said, the years LH was dominant up front with a good FB, TB, and HB, the Texans had big trouble stopping us, Including the 2006 shoot out. If the Bull dominate the LOS and have a good trio in the back field they wont be stopped. However, if the Bulls dont, then they will have to win outside the box.

I havent seen big numbers (400+ yard game averages with alot of scoring) being produced by the Bulls to lead me to believe that they are the kind of dominant reqired to beat a Nelms team, I will stick with picking Wimberley.

Gone Fishing
11-20-2012, 08:56 PM
LH had a much higher average going into the Wimberley Game, and WT did better than anyone all year at the mid point of the season. The LH average dropped greatly in the last 4 games of the season. LH fell apart, and self destructed in the second half of the season.

That being said, the years LH was dominant up front with a good FB, TB, and HB, the Texans had big trouble stopping us, Including the 2006 shoot out. If the Bull dominate the LOS and have a good trio in the back field they wont be stopped. However, if the Bulls dont, then they will have to win outside the box.

I havent seen big numbers (400+ yard game averages with alot of scoring) being produced by the Bulls to lead me to believe that they are the kind of dominant reqired to beat a Nelms team, I will stick with picking Wimberley.

Yup....

Gone Fishing
11-20-2012, 09:10 PM
GoneFishing...it was said with tongue in cheek. I made a silly comment to a silly post, and I think you thought I was being serious I think someone said they loved the planet Jupiter, and I said something tryng to be funny like "....as far as planets go, I like this one." LOL

As far as football is concerned, we werent too far off last year...except in one regard. The issue about 2011 vs. 2005 teams. We can discuss this at sme other time!

And I know that, Lol. I do remember now, ha ha. When I look at the big picture in the gym of the 05 team and then the 11 team, I can only think that 11 was better, Lol again. Your nephew is my favorite Texan ever to play although I could name about 10 more, including mine, and I would understand the argument . Now though , Wimbo, Texans through "SIR NELMS" as you have called him (and rightfully so) are ready and ready to go as far as before. I like what they have done in non district games and I like what they have done in district and Bi-District games. We could have beat LV by 40 but didn't need to, damn I love these coaches. We will be ready for Bellville.

BrahmaMom
11-20-2012, 09:33 PM
zebrablue02: Watch it now, Manso knows who to watch :O! Getting excited about Saturday--can't wait! Eat up on Thursday, Brahmas, then get ready for the show! GO BULLS!

Manso/V8
11-20-2012, 09:57 PM
And we've seen Bellville's...and have confidence we can win this game!

Of course you can win this game, it hasn't even been played yet, but I don't think you will.

BTW, and no offense intended, everytime you make one of these "yes we can" statements, the image of those SNL Stuart Smalley skits comes to mind.

texanpride1250
11-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Of course you can win this game, it hasn't even been played yet, but I don't think you will.

BTW, and no offense intended, everytime you make one of these "yes we can" statements, the image of those SNL Stuart Smalley skits comes to mind.

Lol!

texanpride1250
11-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Lol!

The best one was with Michael Jordan. Hilarious!

Tejastrue
11-21-2012, 12:23 AM

To think the guy who portrayed that character is a Senator in Minnesota now. LOL..

Manso/V8
11-21-2012, 12:54 AM

I appreciate your input and perspective, but I think you are focused a little too much on the fact that Bellville runs the slot t, or a version thereof. Sure, Sir Nelms and the WT's have seen the slot t many times, but it is not like we expect to "trick" Wimberley to win the game, nor are we expecting to put 400+ yards on the Texans. Our slot t is probably not as pure as LH or even GN, our version is more "diverse" in the words of Coach Rowe. We have faced other teams with coaches that know the slot t as well or better than Nelms and passed muster. Sealy's Jimmie Mitchell cut his teeth as a DC and HC defending the slot t in South Texas and we just beat the Tigers pretty decidedly in spite of their D1 studs on defense. We aren’t comparing Bellville to LH of the glory days, we are not saying we are headed to JerryWorld and a SC, we are just focused on winning this game. The only way we are going to win this game is to play hard, execute, and minimize mistakes. I’m sure we don't match up with "the older I get the better we were" LH Panthers of yore, but we do have fairly good size and athleticism on the strong side going 6'3"-270, 6'1"-310, and 6'3"-250 (according to the Cuero game program), we have three very good, quick backs, and “spoiler alert”, those backs will probably be running behind those big 'uns most of the time. We also have the option to bring in our stud SS/CB for extra "burst" if needed, a big strong QB with a decent arm, and some receivers that can run good routes and have good hands. I think we will be able to move the ball and score on the Texans, and our defense will have to stop or at least slow down their offense. All the comments I have heard around Bellville are that the Wimberley will be a bigger challenge than Cuero and we have to step it up to meet that challenge. LH 2012 may have fell apart mid-season, the Brahmas started slow and have been steadily improving week by week and we are far from peaking. If we play well in all three phases of the game, we will win.

Manso/V8
11-21-2012, 01:14 AM
To think the guy who portrayed that character is a Senator in Minnesota now. LOL..

Years back, Al Franken stumbled in to a bar I was in with some friends and he was too drunk or other to talk. He just kind of swayed back and forth and mumbled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY

BrahmaDad48
11-21-2012, 09:33 AM
As long as we're reminiscing, I think I saw Bellville play a playoff game in Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos.

What year was that? Who did they play?

Am pretty sure it was the 08-09 team, we played Sinton in a barn burner and later lost to Giddings in the quarter finals/regional championship. Wish I was going to make this game sounds like another great night of High School football.

trg
11-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Hey BrahmaDad48. Glad to see you on. Have a great Thanksgiving.

BrahmaDad48
11-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Thx trg, tried logging on with my old ID to respond as noted above and guess I was deleted. Still read the threads often just do not get into the chat often. This thread has been great from both sides as well as bringing up fond memories of past Brahmas and there successes in HS, college and the NFL. Still keep in touch with a number of the 04', 05', 09' and 10' graduates that have moved on to the next levels of competition. Looking back I am sometimes amazed at how many quality young men and athletes come from such a small area, kind of makes you proud. Go BRAHMAS "EXPECT VICTORY" and am rooting for you to take it all the way to State.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2012, 11:38 AM

No offense taken, because...

I'm good enough...
I'm smart enough...
And doggone it....people like me!!!

wimbo_pro
11-21-2012, 11:41 AM
And I know that, Lol. I do remember now, ha ha. When I look at the big picture in the gym of the 05 team and then the 11 team, I can only think that 11 was better, Lol again. Your nephew is my favorite Texan ever to play although I could name about 10 more, including mine, and I would understand the argument . Now though , Wimbo, Texans through "SIR NELMS" as you have called him (and rightfully so) are ready and ready to go as far as before. I like what they have done in non district games and I like what they have done in district and Bi-District games. We could have beat LV by 40 but didn't need to, damn I love these coaches. We will be ready for Bellville.

We will revisit this topic soon!!!

YTBulldogs
11-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Hope to see some of ya'll from both schools? I will be there, good friend from FTW Chapter is calling the game.

M&G would be nice. Someone bring my state shirt from WT.

Bull's-eye
11-21-2012, 02:24 PM

Bellville had 596 yards & 77 points vs Caldwell, 522 yards & 55 points vs Columbus, 496 yards & 56 points vs Brookshire Royal & 451 yards & 52 poinst against Needville.

wimbo_pro
11-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Bellville had 596 yards & 77 points vs Caldwell, 522 yards & 55 points vs Columbus, 496 yards & 56 points vs Brookshire Royal & 451 yards & 52 poinst against Needville.

Yikes...those are good numbers. OK, I re-adjust my prediction:

Wimberley by 1

YTBulldogs
11-21-2012, 03:49 PM

Wimberley by 1

Ya'll would of done just as good IMO against those foes wimbo. Nothing against Bellville.

rb585
11-21-2012, 04:40 PM

Caldwell gave up 80 points to a 2A team that wasn't Refugio, Columbus gave up 50+ four times, Royal gave up 48+ *SEVEN* times, and Needville went 0-10 and somehow got shutout by Columbus.

Those are four REEEEEEEEEEEALLY bad teams.

ogg
11-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Nelms, Smith and the rest of Wimberley's coaching staff are football chess masters.

Manso/V8
11-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Caldwell gave up 80 points to a 2A team that wasn't Refugio, Columbus gave up 50+ four times, Royal gave up 48+ *SEVEN* times, and Needville went 0-10 and somehow got shutout by Columbus.

.......and yet Bellvillle's strength of schedule outranks Wimberley's LOL.........remember that Columbus, Royal, and Needville were in d25, so at least four of their district games (El Campo, Bellville, Wharton, and Sealy) were against very stout teams. Columbus, and maybe Royal would have been in the running for a playoff berth in d27?

Bull's-eye
11-21-2012, 05:53 PM

You are right, not very good teams. But let's take a look at Columbus, most would agree that they were the better team among those four. They lost 27-25 to a good Yoakum team that made the playoffs. They did give up over 50 points 4 times, but look a little closer. They lost 56-40 to Giddings, 54-34 to Sealy, 55-6 to Bellville & 61-32 to El Campo. Columbus managed to put up 40, 34 & 32 points on Giddings, Sealy & EC. If not for a 95 yard kickoff return, they don't score against Bellville.

Yes, I know comparing scores is not a science & doesn't mean anything. Our one common opponent was Giddings, Bellville lost 21-14 & Wimberley lost 31-26. No disrespect to Giddings, but Bellville could of easily won that game. One factor was a very wet field, lots of slipping & dropped balls. Bellville's safety drops an easy interception for a TD, that would of given the Brahmas a 14-0 halftime lead. I counted 8-9 times that Giddings had snaps over the QB's head or the ball hit the ground, amazingly the Buffs never lost the ball. Bellville did throw 2 interceptions that were crucial in this ball game.

Manso/V8
11-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Nelms, Smith and the rest of Wimberley's coaching staff are football chess masters.

Hmmm.......edgy observation, you are really stepping out there with that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpbpzif7jGk

Sportshack
11-21-2012, 06:14 PM

The team is well coached. They have a couple of elite players. Kolby Kelly and Alden Mann are those guys. Cameron Morris is also a guy that can make game breaking plays on offense. Lambert is also a baller at both LB and RB albeit young as a soph. Reed Jones has grown into a solid QB after some early season struggles and is not to be underestimated. He threw some big time passes in both their close district wins.

The team has shown steady improvement since predictable early season struggles against good competition. Texans have struggled in secondary play as they are not overtly athletic. That hurt them somewhat in early going against speed but they have been adjusting through gaining experience and coaching . Still a realistic issue. They do not have that big time playmaking receiver like Blakemore. However, their WR's have been making steady progress and made some big catches to help them win close games against Navarro and Boerne. I am just not sure how good those teams were. The fact that Jones is playing QB, some DB, and is returning punts speaks volumes to the level of skills players available. It is very uncommon for a team's QB to play anything but QB unless absolutely necessary. I think he is the best DB available and that also speaks volumes.

Texans are solid in other position groups and understand the slot T from years of dealing with it. The young guys had to get up to speed in the early going and fared much better against Navarro, and actually did not do that bad against LH.

This game sets up well for the Texans unless the Brahamas are just too physical. However, the Texans offense can also run the ball. If the Brahmas get too focused on run they will see pass and screen game. Ought to be interesting. I like Texans chances, but have great respect for Brahmas, especially those monsters on O-line.

Da duh da da....Go Texans.

hollywood
11-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Wimberley by 14

Manso/V8
11-21-2012, 06:48 PM
The team is well coached. They have a couple of elite players. Kolby Kelly and Alden Mann are those guys. Cameron Morris is also a guy that can make game breaking plays on offense. Lambert is also a baller at both LB and RB albeit young as a soph. Reed Jones has grown into a solid QB after some early season struggles and is not to be underestimated. He threw some big time passes in both their close district wins.

The team has shown steady improvement since predictable early season struggles against good competition. Texans have struggled in secondary play as they are not overtly athletic. That hurt them somewhat in early going against speed but they have been adjusting through gaining experience and coaching . Still a realistic issue. They do not have that big time playmaking receiver like Blakemore. However, their WR's have been making steady progress and made some big catches to help them win close games against Navarro and Boerne. I am just not sure how good those teams were. The fact that Jones is playing QB, some DB, and is returning punts speaks volumes to the level of skills players available. It is very uncommon for a team's QB to play anything but QB unless absolutely necessary. I think he is the best DB available and that also speaks volumes.

Texans are solid in other position groups and understand the slot T from years of dealing with it. The young guys had to get up to speed in the early going and fared much better against Navarro, and actually did not do that bad against LH.

This game sets up well for the Texans unless the Brahamas are just too physical. However, the Texans offense can also run the ball. If the Brahmas get too focused on run they will see pass and screen game. Ought to be interesting. I like Texans chances, but have great respect for Brahmas, especially those monsters on O-line.

Da duh da da....Go Texans.

Sportshack, I knew I could rely on you for an honest and valuable run down. I watched the SC game on TV last year and was impressed with Kolby Kelly. I remember him at FB and maybe DE? Anyway, he ran the ball hard and had some speed last year, I am sure he is stronger and even better this year. That could give the Bellville D some fits. Apart from the LARGE Cuero OL, we had difficulties stopping their big sophomore back (who is gonna be big time next year). We don't have great size on defense, we have some younger getting playing time, but we do have good speed on D. The elite athlete on D is #2, Earlier in the year we weren't tackling well and we had problems with secondary pass coverage, but we have seen great improvement since pre-district. So far our D will bend, but not break against most good teams. I am sure the Texans will put them to the test.

Like I said before, the fact that we run the slot t is not going to be a real factor in this game. Would we be talking about our scheme if we wan the power i, spread, or even wing t? I don't think so. In this game it will come down to execution. Our line shouldi be able to open some holes, they have been able to against most or all of the teams we faced, the key will be getting past the next level. I am sure you LB's and Safeties are good, and what they lack in athleticism they make up for in funadmentals, but at the same time, we are good at next level blocks. That might be one of the games within the game. Our backs are very quick and shifty, I guess you could say all three of them are elite in their right. You never know which one of them is going to have the big night, but usually one of them steps up.

We know the Texans will be prepared and it will be a hard fought battle.
It should be a great game.

Sportshack
11-21-2012, 06:50 PM
No offense taken, because...

I'm good enough...
I'm smart enough...
And doggone it....people like me!!!

Hear Hear!!!!!:cheerl:

Sportshack
11-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Sportshack, I knew I could rely on you for an honest and valuable run down. I watched the SC game on TV last year and was impressed with Kolby Kelly. I remember him at FB and maybe DE? Anyway, he ran the ball hard and had some speed last year, I am sure he is stronger and even better this year. That could give the Bellville D some fits. Apart from the LARGE Cuero OL, we had difficulties stopping their big sophomore back (who is gonna be big time next year). We don't have great size on defense, we have some younger getting playing time, but we do have good speed on D. The elite athlete on D is #2, Earlier in the year we weren't tackling well and we had problems with secondary pass coverage, but we have seen great improvement since pre-district. So far our D will bend, but not break against most good teams. I am sure the Texans will put them to the test.

Like I said before, the fact that we run the slot t is not going to be a real factor in this game. Would we be talking about our scheme if we wan the power i, spread, or even wing t? I don't think so. In this game it will come down to execution. Our line shouldi be able to open some holes, they have been able to against most or all of the teams we faced, the key will be getting past the next level. I am sure you LB's and Safeties are good, and what they lack in athleticism they make up for in funadmentals, but at the same time, we are good at next level blocks. That might be one of the games within the game. Our backs are very quick and shifty, I guess you could say all three of them are elite in their right. You never know which one of them is going to have the big night, but usually one of them steps up.

We know the Texans will be prepared and it will be a hard fought battle.
It should be a great game.

For the record, I think the Texans linebackers are good. The only issue with the slot T is that it is an offense that confounds a lot of teams. There are some keys to limiting the production that are certainly schemed based and WHS has faced it many times due to old LH rivalry. Of course, that did not matter earlier in year when facing LH for first time in a while. Better athletes make the difference in all actuality. LH was unbelievable when they had a special group of athletes. Of course, it was an unusual offense at the time. Teams are more familiar with the the keys to limiting that offense now but to be fair LH has not had that particular collection of athletes since that time. Not the X's and the O's as much as the Jimmies and the Joes!

Tejastrue
11-21-2012, 07:05 PM
we will win.

Right back at you Manso, with absolutely no disrespect..you're starting to remind me of someone... duh, winning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0zzaiXn3Cc

SintonFan
11-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Go Yall!!!! :)

SintonFan
11-21-2012, 07:29 PM
This will be their first time to play each other. Should be a good one.

First time playing each other? Crazy!
I bet it's gonna be a slobberknocker like those Burnet/Bellville games!
No prediction... yet.

ogg
11-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Hmmm.......edgy observation, you are really stepping out there with that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpbpzif7jGk

Want to know what I really think about this game?

Manso/V8
11-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Right back at you Manso, with absolutely no disrespect..you're starting to remind me of someone... duh, winning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0zzaiXn3Cc

OK, touche' I deserved that.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

though I thought you would have been above the ultraselective editing of my post, you could have included the first part of the sentance!!!

Manso/V8
11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Want to know what I really think about this game?

You bet! Lay it all out for us.

Gone Fishing
11-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Hey sportshack your two post are good stuff. This year we played LH perfect for 3 1/4 quarters. For some reason the coaches decided to play a different offense scheme and it probably cost us the game IMO. (don't know if you were there in person or not). It wasn't only Jones not a QB but Morris did'nt play offense but at the very end and Mann limited O at guard, I think the game plan was beat them on D. But thats all good, I think a couple of players on offense have benefited from it and have really come on. Since district I like our stats on both sides of the ball except Boerne game on D. But with that said ,we haven't seen a quarterback that good since 09 playoffs. We played a very good Navarro team (slot T) real good on D and that gave us a chance to win the game which we did. I'm going to guess Bellville is a this year LH without the collapse or a Navarro (again I think Navarro is good)
I don't know that much about Bellville, but I do know beyond a shadow of a doubt Wimberley is as ready as Wimberley is going to be going into this game, with players in right positions, schemes and coaching. I hope they play flawless football and then they will win. You know the players , some have to go both ways mostly and thats just the way it is.

Gone Fishing
11-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Hope to see some of ya'll from both schools? I will be there, good friend from FTW Chapter is calling the game.

M&G would be nice. Someone bring my state shirt from WT.

I wasn't the one YT or you would have it, LOL. Hey are you SA chapter when you start refing again? If so they really need you back, they could use you...Just saying.

Oh by the way thats cool we have FTW chapter calling the game. How does that work anyway?

texanpride1250
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
It sounds like these 2 teams are very similar. Both had some early struggles on D but have righted the ship through district. Both teams lost close games to Giddings and TOs are to blame in both cases. Wimberley held LH in check for the better part of the game before the wheels came off for us. KO return for TD and a pick 6 in a matter of 10 seconds. After that I think the boys lost it. LH probably had another 100 yds after that point which has about halfway through the 3rd qtr. While Kelley is a beast running the ball you better watch out for him catching the ball out of the backfield. He has proven to be a real threat in the passing game. Jones has settled in nicely at QB and can hurt you with his feet as well. It is also true that he is our best DB. Not only does he cover well from his safety position but he is a force against the run. The 2 defenses sound similar, a bit on the small side but make up for it by being well coached and flying to the ball. Tackling has improved through the season. Mann has a knack for being around the ball on every play. There is no quit in him. I think with Terreo coming back from injury has helped by allowing Lambert to move to outside LB. We have have 4 guys at DE that rotate and all our a force in their own right. Our secondary has gotten better but can be had. They tend to give too much cushion(which I am sure is how they are coached) but that is to protect them deep. So the underneath stuff is normally there. Jones does a good job of playing centerfield.

On offense we just come at you from different ways. We have 3 capable backs that are all a little different. All have good to really good speed. We spread it around in the passing game and mix in the screen effectively.

The one thing that has not been talked about is special teams. While we did give up the KO return against LH we typically keep the returns inside the 30. We do gt a decent amount of touchbacks also. Jones is solid on pin returns and took one to he house earlier this year. Kick off return is OK but not great. Punt coverage is good but Terreo is a little inconsistent on his punts. He does seem to get good rolls on his shorter punts though. So that sometimes works for the best due to no chance of return. All of a sudden out kicker has missed some PATs which could bite us in this one if that continues. Also he has not been given the opportunity to really test his range which I think is probably about 45 yds. There were some chances during the year when I wish they coaches would have let him try a long one but they opted to go for it instead.

How are the Brahma's on special teams?

ogg
11-21-2012, 11:12 PM
You bet! Lay it all out for us.

1. IMO Navarro and Wimberley are the two best 3aD2 teams in region 4, one of these two will be in the semi.
2. IMO Bellville has a very good offense; however they’ve not faced a solid D like Wimberley’s. This defense is very quick and Mann is a beast at middle LB. We have lots of football savvy kids on this team, especially defense.
3. Texan offense took off the training wheels during district play and are 100% improved with the pass. In addition, like I posted before, the run game has both outside speed and power up the middle.
4. Wimberley hasn’t had a turnover in the last two games and that (one of the things) plagued them in the season’s first half. A very nice change. Turnovers and poor special team play can beat them.
5. Wimberley has several key players playing both sides of the ball; this can be a problem in the 4th quarter, showed a lot in the Bourne game.
6. Coach Nelms will have them ready Saturday.
7. Wimberley will win this game.
I have to work and will miss the game, too bad. Let’s hope for a good game and injury free.

garciap77
11-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Wimberley!!!

rb585
11-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Yes, I know comparing scores is not a science & doesn't mean anything. Our one common opponent was Giddings, Bellville lost 21-14 & Wimberley lost 31-26. No disrespect to Giddings, but Bellville could of easily won that game. One factor was a very wet field, lots of slipping & dropped balls. Bellville's safety drops an easy interception for a TD, that would of given the Brahmas a 14-0 halftime lead. I counted 8-9 times that Giddings had snaps over the QB's head or the ball hit the ground, amazingly the Buffs never lost the ball. Bellville did throw 2 interceptions that were crucial in this ball game.

You're preaching to the choir -- You don't want to get us started on our game against Giddings. I think the LH fans will join our chorus that Giddings was far and away the luckiest team in the state through non-district.

SintonFan
11-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Wondering who will win this game...

YTBulldogs
11-22-2012, 07:12 AM
I wasn't the one YT or you would have it, LOL. Hey are you SA chapter when you start refing again? If so they really need you back, they could use you...Just saying.

Oh by the way thats cool we have FTW chapter calling the game. How does that work anyway?

Either both schools agreed to use them or the UIL assigned that game to them.

wimbo_pro
11-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Wimberley!!!

Thank You Garcia!!!!!
Now shut up....

Manso/V8
11-22-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm going to guess Bellville is a this year LH without the collapse or a Navarro (again I think Navarro is good)
I don't know much about LH except they didn't make the playoffs in a district that I'm pretty sure didn't have four strong teams like El Campo, Bellville, Wharton, and Sealy.
From what I have seen of Navarro, they are good slot t team, but do not have the speed in the backfield that Bellville has.
The conversation seems to be focused on Bellville's offense against WT defense.........what about the WT offense against the Brahma D?

texanpride1250
11-22-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't know much about LH except they didn't make the playoffs in a district that I'm pretty sure didn't have four strong teams like El Campo, Bellville, Wharton, and Sealy.
From what I have seen of Navarro, they are good slot t team, but do not have the speed in the backfield that Bellville has.
The conversation seems to be focused on Bellville's offense against WT defense.........what about the WT offense against the Brahma D?

Not sure what happened to LH. There collapse was somewhat of a shock to me. Not only do they run the slot T well but they were running like 90 plays a game going into our game with them. I thought they were a pretty good team. Shows how much I know. LOL!

Manso I think that will be the key. The W offense against the Bellville D. By no means do I think we will shut Bellville down completely, but I do think our D can keep us in the game. I am thinking we can hold you guys to 3 TDs. We will have to be creative offensively and keep your guys guessing. Plus the old cliché of no turnovers. Seems that both teams had some issues with this in some games during the year. With these 2 teams being so evenly matched the TOs will most likely be the difference. But that is always the case. I really think his will be a 1 score game that could either way. The winning team will get a big stop late in the game to secure the W.

I say 27-21 Wimberley.

Gone Fishing
11-22-2012, 12:39 PM

Wimberley by 1

Ya'll would of done just as good IMO against those foes wimbo. Nothing against Bellville.

I think so too YT except we don't run the score up on people. Even last year High 40's was about it.

garciap77
11-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Thank You Garcia!!!!!
Now shut up....

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shutup-1-1.jpg

Manso/V8
11-22-2012, 01:05 PM
I think so too YT except we don't run the score up on people. Even last year High 40's was about it.

GF, I like you, but that back handed comment is just wrong. If Bellville had wanted "run the score up" on those opponents, the scores would have been a lot higher. We ask for a running clock in the second half, pull our starters in the 3rd quarter and put in our 2nd and 3rd string players, don't put back anyone back to field punts, and take a knee instead of punching it in late in the game.

What does Wimberley do from running up the score, tell the kids to play bad?

Tejastrue
11-22-2012, 01:34 PM
GF, I like you, but that back handed comment is just wrong. If Bellville had wanted "run the score up" on those opponents, the scores would have been a lot higher. We ask for a running clock in the second half, pull our starters in the 3rd quarter and put in our 2nd and 3rd string players, don't put back anyone back to field punts, and take a knee instead of punching it in late in the game.

We throw int's...create our own fumbles..and hold at least every other play. :2thumbsup

Gone Fishing
11-22-2012, 02:00 PM

It wasn't meant back handed Manso...I was just saying... So your 3rd and 4th string guys are better than ours. Lol We always have a group of senior guys that just play to be a part of the team and be with their buds. they don't score well though, Lol ....

Manso/V8
11-22-2012, 03:23 PM
It wasn't meant back handed Manso...I was just saying... So your 3rd and 4th string guys are better than ours. Lol We always have a group of senior guys that just play to be a part of the team and be with their buds. they don't score well though, Lol ....

We have the same kind of kids that are on the team to be a part of it, but this year some of those kids have had to step when we got bit by the injury bug. That is one of the reasons participation numbers, despite the level of talent, is important in most 3a programs. Also, I seriously doubt that our 3rd string is really any better than your 3rd string, but I am gonna step out there (wear a new sweater so to speak) and say our 4th string is definately better your 4th string!

Bull's-eye
11-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Just checked the Weather Channel, there is a Red Storm heading west. Should hit the Bastrop area on Saturday

Inmateboss
11-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Wimberley takes this one!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

texanpride1250
11-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Just checked the Weather Channel, there is a Red Storm heading west. Should hit the Bastrop area on Saturday

I hear that Bellvile has not fared too well in bad weather this year.

Bull's-eye
11-22-2012, 10:55 PM
I hear that Bellvile has not fared too well in bad weather this year.

The "Red Storm" is only bad weather for the Bellville opponents!

speedbump
11-22-2012, 11:29 PM

Actually it will hit Friday at about 7:30 PM and is expected to wreak havoc for approximately 26 hours.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Actually it will hit Friday at about 7:30 PM and is expected to wreak havoc for approximately 26 hours.

It must be a category D25 Red Storm!

Good luck to the Ricebirds!

texanpride1250
11-23-2012, 11:00 AM
It must be a category D25 Red Storm!

Good luck to the Ricebirds!

Sounds like we need to declare this a Code Red. We will send some boys from Wimberley to handle the situation.

wimbo_pro
11-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Sounds like we need to declare this a Code Red. We will send some boys from Wimberley to handle the situation.

Code Red Storm!!!

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Code Red Storm!!!

Y'all put it on them guys wimbo!!!

Go # 5

wimbo_pro
11-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Y'all put it on them guys wimbo!!!

Go # 5

I think we will, Inmateboss. Unfortunately, I'll be in Chicago, watching updates here on the Downlow!!!

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Ok have safe travels !! Go Texans

Go # 5

VWG
11-23-2012, 12:36 PM

Just FYI.
Whether it's a HS Varsity game or 7th grade, both coaches must agree to keep a running clock.

Bull's-eye
11-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Just wanted to say that this has been a very informative & fun thread. Good posters from both schools, without the typical mud slinging.

In 2005, I watched Wimberley play WOS in the playoffs. I was fortunate to be sitting on the winning side & got to talk with several of the Wimberley fans. I do remember them yelling "Code Red", maybe the nickname for the Wimberley defense? Bellville has used the term "Red Storm" over the years as a nickname.

texanpride1250
11-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Just wanted to say that this has been a very informative & fun thread. Good posters from both schools, without the typical mud slinging.

In 2005, I watched Wimberley play WOS in the playoffs. I was fortunate to be sitting on the winning side & got to talk with several of the Wimberley fans. I do remember them yelling "Code Red", maybe the nickname for the Wimberley defense? Bellville has used the term "Red Storm" over the years as a nickname.

Ya "Code Red" became the name of the defense that year. The name stuck even though we have not had the red jerseys in about 6 years. Fortunately the style of defense is still around.

That WOS game was a great one by the way.

The Bull #40
11-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Well, it's almost game time and as I read the thread I enjoy the information given and class shown by the Wimberley faithful. I think this will be a tough test for our Brahmas and maybe the pinnacle of Texas High School Football. I will never underestimate a reigning state champion team but with the similar records and seemingly even-matched teams, I am going with the Bulls on this one (biased). I think IF Wimberley has been scouting and practicing hard for our slot t power football attack, that our passing game that has been constantly improving throughout the season will be able to keep this game close. I don't know much about the Texan offense but I trust Rowe and our defense have been working hard and will keep playing strong, hard D. Hope to see you all tomorrow, and sorry Wimberley fans but the BULLS WIN 35-28 in a close one.

Sunday headlines: (BRAHMA) BULLS ON PARADE!!!

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose"

SintonFan
11-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Game is Saturday, right?

Tejastrue
11-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Yes sir!!

SintonFan
11-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Yes sir!!

Gonna be a slobberknocker! :)

Tejastrue
11-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Gonna be a slobberknocker! :)

I hope we're doing all the knocking and they're doing all the slobbering...LOL

regaleagle
11-24-2012, 01:06 AM
I hope I didn't jinx your Texan boyz by voting for you this week, Tejas. This one is kinda like a toss-up in my mind. I went with Wimberley because of their late-season recent experience and their improvement. But that Belleville Brahma Bunch might show up as the WILD BUNCH. I'll be keeping tabs on the thread on this one tomorrow nite. Good luck to both teams.

Manso/V8
11-24-2012, 01:56 AM
You can listen to the game via the internet and savor the countrified flavor of the Bellville broadcast crew at WWW.BELLVILLEWEB.COM

Where can we find the Wimberley radio/internet version of the game?

Best of luck to both teams.

Here is to a hard fought, clean, injury free game!

Football fan
11-24-2012, 02:52 AM
After seeing how weak somerset was, I expect Bellville to roll.

speedbump
11-24-2012, 04:27 AM
You can listen to the game via the internet and savor the countrified flavor of the Bellville broadcast crew at WWW.BELLVILLEWEB.COM

Where can we find the Wimberley radio/internet version of the game?

Best of luck to both teams.

Here is to a hard fought, clean, injury free game!

http://www.wimberleyradio.com/

zebrablue2
11-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Game day! I like the Texans but gotta say, GO BULLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

pirate4state
11-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Well it be worth a 3 hour drive? That's what I want to know! GO!

texanpride1250
11-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Well it be worth a 3 hour drive? That's what I want to know! GO!

Based on what I know about Wimberley and have heard about Bellville you will see 2 well coached teams that will at hard for 4 quarters. They also seem to be evenly matched. I would say YES it will be worth the drive. But only if you cheer for the Texans!

Safe travels to everybody. See ya in Bastrop.

BrahmaMom
11-24-2012, 01:23 PM
WELL worth that long drive to see the RED STORM in action. Game Day, Brahmas...get ready to roll! GO BULLS!

Gone Fishing
11-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Wimberley.......Great game plan, great defense, enough points scored. Texans.

regaleagle
11-24-2012, 04:02 PM
What a beautiful day to play football in Texas. It don't get much better than this, folks.

Tejastrue
11-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I hope I didn't jinx your Texan boyz by voting for you this week, Tejas. This one is kinda like a toss-up in my mind. I went with Wimberley because of their late-season recent experience and their improvement. But that Belleville Brahma Bunch might show up as the WILD BUNCH. I'll be keeping tabs on the thread on this one tomorrow nite. Good luck to both teams.

No jinx regal. I voted for you guys against Melissa and that turned out okay. Lol.. My concern is their overall team speed..something we've not seen since early in the season. If we can keep them in check early on I think we'll be fine.

speedbump
11-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Bellville 28 wimberley 10 and the Red Storm leaving Bastrop tonight after two days of havoc will take it further south and be joined by the Blue norther from Wharton.

Go D-25 !!

lbjacj
11-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Texans with two ints and still only down 7-0 with 5 mins left in half

Belleville line controlled our D on 1st drive but Texans shut them down since! A defensive game for now

lbjacj
11-24-2012, 07:56 PM
7-0
Brahmas at half

Texans went for it on 4th &8 but Swisher had the ball knocked loose on the 5 yd line ending our chance to tie it up.
Texans have shut down their offense but with the two ints , a holding call on a long run by Jones and the drop by Swisher have kept us off the scoreboard!

rb585
11-24-2012, 08:05 PM
This might be decided early in the second half.

Our defense has played their butts off in the first half.

Our offense, which has been the weak link all season, gets the ball to start the half.

It's time for them to step up and play like champs. Now or never.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 08:08 PM
7-0
Brahmas at half

Texans went for it on 4th &8 but Swisher had the ball knocked loose on the 5 yd line ending our chance to tie it up.
Texans have shut down their offense but with the two ints , a holding call on a long run by Jones and the drop by Swisher have kept us off the scoreboard!

Sounds like Bellville has had something to do with keeping you off the board too. WR got de-cleated on that 4th down play they said on WT broadcast. Should be a great 2nd half.

lbjacj
11-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Sounds like Bellville has had something to do with keeping you off the board too. WR got de-cleated on that 4th down play they said on WT broadcast. Should be a great 2nd half.

I thought you were coming to our game so I brought my shirt to give to you. The one I bought for you went to Germany with my grandson but he never wears it and is bringing it back to me when they come home for Christmas so I will give you mine(only worn once)

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I thought you were coming to our game so I brought my shirt to give to you. The one I bought for you went to Germany with my grandson but he never wears it and is bringing it back to me when they come home for Christmas so I will give you mine(only worn once)

I was coming, but we had some unexpected family come in from out of state and decided to visit with them this weekend. How is that FW crew doing?

lbjacj
11-24-2012, 08:24 PM
I was coming, but we had some unexpected family come in from out of state and decided to visit with them this weekend. How is that FW crew doing?

Seems a bit one sided so far! But that could be the homer in me also.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Seems a bit one sided so far! But that could be the homer in me also.
LOL. That's what they are saying on Bellville broadcast. So, they must be doing a good job.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Bellville with a long, time consuming scoring drive. 90 yards and leads 14-0 with 1:18 to go in 3rd.

15 plays, ate up alot of the quater on the drive.

lbjacj
11-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Bellville with a long, time consuming scoring drive. 90 yards and leads 14-0 with 1:18 to go in 3rd.

Ate up nearly all the 3rd quarter on the TD drive.

Passes killed us on that drive!

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Bellville numerous off sides and false starts tonight.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 08:50 PM
WT driving the ball as 3rd comes to end, 14-0 Bellville.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 08:55 PM
TD Wimberley, 14-7 Bellville.

10:18 remaining in 4th.

Bellville blocked PAT, but---was offsides again. Re-kick was good.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Bellville 21
WT 7

7:34 remaining

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 09:11 PM
WT 3rd and a inch from Bellvile 5, QB sacked back to 19.

Why not run it?

4th down incomplete, Bellville takes over with 3 min remaining.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Defending champs go down!!!!

FINAL
Bellville 21
Wimberley 7

Nice run WT, congrats Bellville.

Bellville, you better correct the false starts and offsides issue before next week.

zebrablue2
11-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Congrats to my Brahmas! Good season Texans, I know you all will be back in 2013 stronger than ever...

rb585
11-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Congrats to Bellville. In spite of what the yahoos from La Grange say, it takes a little extra to beat the defending champs, and your boys did that convincingly.

Good luck in the next round, then watch out for Navarro.

Tejastrue
11-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Just got home. Congrats to Bellville. We had some chances and didn't convert. Surprised by some of our play calling at key times but that's as far as I'll go with it. Tough to tackle that big ass QB..LOL. Best of luck in the next round. Manso...you were right.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=162200&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

SHSBulldog00
11-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Orange Grove vs. Bellville Sat 6pm Rutledge Stadium, Converse

The Bull #40
11-24-2012, 11:44 PM
I believe Bellville won all phases of the game tonight. Wimberley was not the team I expected them to be but was impressed with their big running back #34 and feel like they could've given him the rock more. Congrats to the Brahmas on another win and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action again Saturday! BULLS WIN!!!

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Tejastrue
11-24-2012, 11:54 PM
I believe Bellville won all phases of the game tonight. Wimberley was not the team I expected them to be but was impressed with their big running back #34 and feel like they could've given him the rock more. Congrats to the Brahmas on another win and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action again Saturday! BULLS WIN!!!

"Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose."

Agree with the comment about #34.

texanpride1250
11-25-2012, 12:04 AM
WT 3rd and a inch from Bellvile 5, QB sacked back to 19.

Why not run it?

4th down incomplete, Bellville takes over with 3 min remaining.

Why not run it? This one confounds me. Bellville had trouble when we ran straight at them. That was one of many play calls that made me wonder if the coaches were watching the same game I was.

We are proud of the Texan boys! Hats off to Bellville, they were as advertised and too much for us too handle tonight. Both sides made some mistakes but we made more and did not capitalize on the ones the Brahma's made. I had a chance to talk to some of the Bellville fans at halftime and they were very nice. Your team play hard, played well and with class. They represent your town well. Good luck going forward. Maybe when it is all said and done we can at least say " well we lost to the state champs". I know I will be pulling for you guys.

texanpride1250
11-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Agree with the comment about #34.

Kelley(#34) should have carried the ball until Bellville showed they could stop him. Things may have been different.

Manso/V8
11-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Just got home. Congrats to Bellville. We had some chances and didn't convert. Surprised by some of our play calling at key times but that's as far as I'll go with it. Tough to tackle that big ass QB..LOL. Best of luck in the next round. Manso...you were right.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2012&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=162200&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

It was a hard fought game for both teams. Congrats to Wimberley on the ultimate run last year and coming back and making a good run at it this year. I was impressed by the Wimberley players, especially #34 and kudos to #28 for tracking down our guys from behind! It was honor to play the defending state champs, and a thrill to come away with the win. Bellville didn't execute (penalties) as well as they usually do, I am sure the intensity that Wimberley demonstrated had something to do with that, and perhaps the bright lights of playoff football contributed as well.

I hope you and the rest of the Wimberley crew stick around for another week, and can provide some insight on Orange Grove, and if we get by them, I would imagine Navarro would be the next opponent.

Tejastrue
11-25-2012, 12:35 AM
It was a hard fought game for both teams. Congrats to Wimberley on the ultimate run last year and coming back and making a good run at it this year. I was impressed by the Wimberley players, especially #34 and kudos to #28 for tracking down our guys from behind! It was honor to play the defending state champs, and a thrill to come away with the win. Bellville didn't execute (penalties) as well as they usually do, I am sure the intensity that Wimberley demonstrated had something to do with that, and perhaps the bright lights of playoff football contributed as well.

I hope you and the rest of the Wimberley crew stick around for another week, and can provide some insight on Orange Grove, and if we get by them, I would imagine Navarro would be the next opponent.

I agree Manso. I'll be sticking around as I would think many WT fans will. I love this stuff! Navarro will be my first love...ha ha..and then Bellville. Thanks for mentioning #28..Morris . He's one of those players where the intangibles aspect of the game is defined by his play.

texanpride1250
11-25-2012, 12:49 AM
I agree Manso. I'll be sticking around as I would think many WT fans will. I love this stuff! Navarro will be my first love...ha ha..and then Bellville. Thanks for mentioning #28..Morris . He's one of those players where the intangibles aspect of the game is defined by his play.

Would have also liked to see Morris get more touches on offense. Again somewhat confused by the offensive game plan tonight.

Manso/V8
11-25-2012, 01:01 AM

I thought we would get more more long yardage runs, and maybe bust one for a long TD. I think we had one long run that was called by a holding flag, and we did get a long run towards the end of the game........I am pretty sure it was #28 who tracked the Bellville kids down from behind on both occaisions. Maybe he is just that much faster, but it came off like a tremendous amount of heart. His effort on that last run/tackle is an image that is really stuck in my mind.

Of course, there is that blurry image of #34 carrying the rock and powering through tacklers.......he's pretty fast yes, but the blurry part comes from imagining I am on the receiving end of one of those stiff arms!

Bull's-eye
11-25-2012, 03:02 AM
We are proud of the Texan boys! Hats off to Bellville, they were as advertised and too much for us too handle tonight. Both sides made some mistakes but we made more and did not capitalize on the ones the Brahma's made. I had a chance to talk to some of the Bellville fans at halftime and they were very nice. Your team play hard, played well and with class. They represent your town well. Good luck going forward. Maybe when it is all said and done we can at least say " well we lost to the state champs". I know I will be pulling for you guys.

I became a fan of Wimberley in 2005, can't help but love the way they play football. I think both schools seem to mirror each other, individually not always the biggest or fastest players, but collectively they consistently win over superior talent.

I got to talk to some of the Wimberley people, nothing but class from their fans, coaches & players. Thanks for your support & kind words, maybe one day we could be a defending state champion & represent the title with the same dignity & class.

Bull's-eye
11-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Just got home. Congrats to Bellville. We had some chances and didn't convert. Surprised by some of our play calling at key times but that's as far as I'll go with it. Tough to tackle that big ass QB..LOL. Best of luck in the next round.

Hats off to our big QB! His improved play is a big reason for Bellville's recent success. Earlier in the season, he wasn't a 100% healthy & not able to be a force running the ball. What a great weapon for a coach to have in short yardage situations! Also, seeing his confidence grow every week & the passing game getting much stronger. He ended up going 7-10 throwing the ball & I remember 2 of those incompletions should of been caught by the receivers. On the other missed pass, the QB didn't see a wide open TE & attempted a much more difficult throw.

Manso/V8
11-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Game highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhtZOKz4QfA

hookandladder
11-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Congrats to Bellville. In spite of what the yahoos from La Grange say, it takes a little extra to beat the defending champs, and your boys did that convincingly.

Good luck in the next round, then watch out for Navarro.

Bellville just proved this Yahoo right tonight,LH,Giddings and yes you guys were not as good this year as you guys made out to beleive earlier in the year. Only one of these three even made the playoffs, No knock on Coach Nelms he is one of the best coaches out there who can do more with less. Congrats to Bellville.

catfish
11-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Bellville just proved this Yahoo right tonight,LH,Giddings and yes you guys were not as good this year as you guys made out to beleive earlier in the year. Only one of these three even made the playoffs, No knock on Coach Nelms he is one of the best coaches out there who can do more with less. Congrats to Bellville.

First,let me say that this is not a knock on the Texan players.They are great and always give everything they have every game....But,if you were at that game and could not see that the athletic talent of the Bellville team was much better than Wimberley's ,even in pregame,you are not much at judging athletic ability....I ALWAYS support the Texan coaches and players,and think the Wimberley staff prepares it's team better than almost any other coaching staff,but,sometimes you cannot overcome superior athletic ability and good coaching with effort.I think the Texans did a great job with the turnovers even staying close in the game....
I would also never second guess any coaching decisions by a great staff like Wimberley....I would like to congratulate the Bellville team and coaching staff on a good game,and wish them good luck the rest of the way in the playoffs.....To the Texans,hold your heads up,you gave maximum effort,I am proud of all of you,what a great group of seniors,that will be missed and a great group of underclassmen to get ready for next year...CODE RED !!

rb585
11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Bellville just proved this Yahoo right tonight,LH,Giddings and yes you guys were not as good this year as you guys made out to beleive earlier in the year.

Because of your peculiar grasp of the English language, I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

buff4ever
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM

Two things hook, they kinda contradict each other but I will state them both anyway. Remember first that right after Giddings Beat Wimberley, we went to the pasture of pain and beat bellville by two scores. Second, I will say that bellville got better throughout the year like they were suppose to, and Giddings I know, can't speak for wimberley cause I don't know, didn't get better mainly due to injuries with no depth.

Oh well, there is alwasys next year. Go bellville, should have a couple easier ones in my opinion in comparison to the last two.

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 12:53 PM

tsk,tsk,tsk,hook,,,smh

Tejastrue
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey hook, the same could be said about that 'perfect storm' district. I think nearly all of us Wimberley folk believed the Texans would have success this year but most of us approached it cautiously about how much. Did we think we could make it deeper into the playoffs? Yes of course. We just ran into a buzz-saw called Bellville. Surely you can relate. Bottom line is we're all sitting at home next weekend. D-27 still has a rep in the mix though.

Bull's-eye
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Giddings Beat Wimberley, we went to the pasture of pain and beat bellville by two scores.

Buff4ever, are you losing your memory? Giddings won that game 21-14 with a long TD run late in the 4th quarter. Field conditions were very wet & caused problems for both teams. Bellville did miss a golden opportunity for a TD when their safety dropped an easy interception, that would of given Bellville a 14-0 halftime lead. Bellville also had 2 costly interceptions & even though Giddings had numerous bad snaps, never turned the ball over.

ogg
11-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Congrats to Bellville and good luck the remainder of the playoffs.

buff4ever
11-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Buff4ever, are you losing your memory? Giddings won that game 21-14 with a long TD run late in the 4th quarter. Field conditions were very wet & caused problems for both teams. Bellville did miss a golden opportunity for a TD when their safety dropped an easy interception, that would of given Bellville a 14-0 halftime lead. Bellville also had 2 costly interceptions & even though Giddings had numerous bad snaps, never turned the ball over.

No offense bullseye, I am pulling for Bellville to go all the way. However after playing bellville and wimberley, I think I would have chosen to play bellville again over wimberley again. I know that you guys have gotten better over the course of the season, but in dry conditions, I think we matched up with you better than we did wimberley. Congrats on the win.

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Congrats to Bellville and good luck the remainder of the playoffs.

Yes, Congrats to Bellville, Keep it up!

hookandladder
11-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Because of your peculiar grasp of the English language, I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

You know exactly what I am saying, your the Yahoo who brought this back up. Hard to say anything, everything was answered on the field.

Bull's-eye
11-26-2012, 06:28 PM
No offense bullseye, I am pulling for Bellville to go all the way. However after playing bellville and wimberley, I think I would have chosen to play bellville again over wimberley again. I know that you guys have gotten better over the course of the season, but in dry conditions, I think we matched up with you better than we did wimberley. Congrats on the win.

None taken! After watching Bellville & Giddings play, I wasn't really impressed with either team that night. Maybe it was the weather & poor field conditions, but I didn't see the typical playoff teams of the past. I guess we can debate which team was hurt more by the wet field until we turn blue. Did the wet conditions hurt your passing game more or did it slow the Bellville running game more? In that game, the Giddings coach made a great adjustment when he decided to junk the ineffective passing game & went back to the old power running game.

Bellville has come a long way since that game. It may not sound like much, but having their QB healthy, they are almost unstoppable on short yardage plays. Keeping the chains moving gives them more chances to break a big play, but also keeps their undersized defense fresh. I do know that if you try to throw against them, you are playing right into the strength of their defense. The 2 teams that really stopped Bellville were very physical on both sides of the ball. As far as match ups, I saw a lot of similarities in Giddings & Wimberley. Both teams capable of being physical, but playing a more finesse type game on offense.

Bull's-eye
11-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the support Buff4ever!

rb585
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
You know exactly what I am saying, your the Yahoo who brought this back up.

I really don't.

And it should be "you're the yahoo" instead of "your the Yahoo."

texanpride1250
11-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Bellville has come a long way since that game. It may not sound like much, but having their QB healthy, they are almost unstoppable on short yardage plays. Keeping the chains moving gives them more chances to break a big play, but also keeps their undersized defense fresh. I do know that if you try to throw against them, you are playing right into the strength of their defense. The 2 teams that really stopped Bellville were very physical on both sides of the ball. As far as match ups, I saw a lot of similarities in Giddings & Wimberley. Both teams capable of being physical, but playing a more finesse type game on offense.

Obviously both Bellville and Wimberley got better as the year went on while Giddings regressed. The QB was tough to stop. There were several plays where it seemed we tripped him for a loss or no gain and he would fall, stumble, claw whatever for at least a couple of yards. The backs also did a good job of making the first guy miss and avoid taking a loss(we had the same problem against Giddings). I feel like we played similarly to how we did in the Giddings game. Against both teams we could have done better tackling(credit has to go the the backs for that)and we didn't take care of the ball in both of those games. Also against Bellville I agree that we played into the strength of the Bellville D by passing the ball. I wish we would have played a clean game. Outcome may have been the same but you hate to lose because you didn't play your best.

Manso/V8
11-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Also against Bellville I agree that we played into the strength of the Bellville D

There is a reason Nelms, and most other coaches try to pass against the Brahmas. I don't want to give it away, but I will say Bellville can be a frustrating team to play.

hookandladder
11-27-2012, 07:20 AM
I really don't.

And it should be "you're the yahoo" instead of "your the Yahoo."

You are the only one that does not get it, so yes your the Yahoo. Good Luck next season.

Gone Fishing
11-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Congrats to Bellville. Wish Wimberley would have played a little better in some areas. I feel even though they didn't play as good as they can the score could have been 14-14 or lose 14-7 or at the worst 21-7 which it was. The box scores were not impressive. I did'nt check but I believe WT held BB way under their score average and their rushing average. I don't understand our play calling on offense some and the pass play called on 3rd and inches at the 5 just kills me, but the credit goes to BB defense all night. Good luck to ya'' this week.

YTBulldogs
11-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Congrats to Bellville. Wish Wimberley would have played a little better in some areas. I feel even though they didn't play as good as they can the score could have been 14-14 or lose 14-7 or at the worst 21-7 which it was. The box scores were not impressive. I did'nt check but I believe WT held BB way under their score average and their rushing average. I don't understand our play calling on offense some and the pass play called on 3rd and inches at the 5 just kills me, but the credit goes to BB defense all night. Good luck to ya'' this week.

I agree with ya GF on that play at the 5. I'm still bewildered. Great run though WT. You represented 3A well over the year.

catfish
11-27-2012, 01:10 PM
I agree with ya GF on that play at the 5. I'm still bewildered. Great run though WT. You represented 3A well over the year.

Ok,Wimberley was 1st and goal from the one.They ran the ball on a lead play up the middle and were hit and tackled 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.Bellville was putting nine in the box,saying you might score,but your not going to run up the middle,Wimberley had not been able to get to the corners all night because of Bellvilles speed.So,if they are stacked in the middle and you can't beat them running to the outside,your best chance to score is throwing the ball.It didn't turn out the way the coaches wanted it ,but they thought throwing the ball was their best chance to score....Hind sight is always 20/20 and second guessing never goes out of style.

Gone Fishing
11-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Ok,Wimberley was 1st and goal from the one.They ran the ball on a lead play up the middle and were hit and tackled 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage.Bellville was putting nine in the box,saying you might score,but your not going to run up the middle,Wimberley had not been able to get to the corners all night because of Bellvilles speed.So,if they are stacked in the middle and you can't beat them running to the outside,your best chance to score is throwing the ball.It didn't turn out the way the coaches wanted it ,but they thought throwing the ball was their best chance to score....Hind sight is always 20/20 and second guessing never goes out of style.

I agree catfish, I just think we might have gotten the first down with two tries and then maybe have to do what you said. Whats weird is how fast those two guys were in on the QB on that play when they should have thought run. Our coaches did a good job having Jones run qb draws and runs in the second half, they all worked for good yardage, except for two sacks for losses he probably had 60 yds in second half rushing. Any way I hear what your saying, I'm not trying to second guess. Hell I think it was a bad spot on Jones run to make it 3rd and 1/2 yd anyway , I think it was first and goal from the 5. I've said in many post before I love our coaches and always will. Lets see...In the last four years, 16 play off games - Q finalist, semi finalist, state champion, area finalist. I think they know what their doing, LOL. This year we have 6 or 8 really good (great) players, but just didn't have that wave of good (great) underclassmen or last year backups to fill the holes like we did the last two years. I'm so proud of these guys and many have a state ring to go with the four years of super success. What a football program in Wimberley. Go Texans for years to come.

Tejastrue
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey catfish. It would be pretty boring around here if we all agreed with everything that was said. Part of the enjoyment is talking about the what ifs or whys of the game. Sure it's 2nd guessing but it's just an opinion. That's all it is. I don't think there is a Wimberley person here that's not in full support of Coach Nelms and staff but I'm not going all Stepford wives on them either. I just think it's healthy to question things from time to time. Heck..I question God but it does not change a thing, including the final score of that game. lol

hookandladder
11-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey catfish. It would be pretty boring around here if we all agreed with everything that was said. Part of the enjoyment is talking about the what ifs or whys of the game. Sure it's 2nd guessing but it's just an opinion. That's all it is. I don't think there is a Wimberley person here that's not in full support of Coach Nelms and staff but I'm not going all Stepford wives on them either. I just think it's healthy to question things from time to time. Heck..I question God but it does not change a thing, including the final score of that game. lol

So can only Wimberley fans question the Wimberley team and coaches, seem when an outsider questions the Wimberley team or coaches we are degrading your team. Guess it's only Healthy one way, just saying.

Tejastrue
11-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Please hook... don't try and make this into something it's not. The fact is your team faired no better than us this year but no one from Wimberley said anything about La Grange not being as good as you think they are, etc.. If they did I did not see it. All I saw was your negative comments about other teams. Whatever makes you feel good I guess. As far as coaches..that should remain within the community that supports them.

OLE'BULL
11-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey folks, Bellville vs. Wimberley is over, has been for days. We are moving on to Orange Grove. Y'all can move on to your own thread, or basketball. Either way is fine by me
:stirpot:

catfish
11-27-2012, 04:35 PM
I guess it is difficult for some to admit you just got beat by a better team,without someone having to be at fault.....This is my last post,see ya'll next year.

hookandladder
11-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Please hook... don't try and make this into something it's not. The fact is your team faired no better than us this year but no one from Wimberley said anything about La Grange not being as good as you think they are, etc.. If they did I did not see it. All I saw was your negative comments about other teams. Whatever makes you feel good I guess. As far as coaches..that should remain within the community that supports them.

There you go again , getting all defensive when someone talks about your team that you do not approve of. Guess it is just a Wimberley thing, last post. See Ya.

Tejastrue
11-27-2012, 04:47 PM
There you go again , getting all defensive when someone talks about your team that you do not approve of. Guess it is just a Wimberley thing, last post. See Ya.

Boy, now that's the pot calling the kettle..LOL. See ya!!

Manso/V8
11-27-2012, 04:48 PM

catfish - I am with your take. We don't have kids going both ways except for special situations, and this would be a special situation. Bellville had the line stacked with a couple of the big kids from the OL. Nelms is a smart guy, probably knew we would do that, so chose to pass. Even if that wasn't the case, sometimes doing what is not expected is what you should do. If it had worked, I imagine some of the faithful would have been praising the genius of it, and the Brahma fans would be saying we should have known they would do that.

Manso/V8
11-27-2012, 04:54 PM
I hate the fact that yall are bailing out on the board. I would really like to hear what some of yall had to say about upcoming games. Especially if we make it past the next round and face Navarro......which I imagine most of you would support out of d27 loyalty. If that happens, not saying it will, Bag-of-Chips is gonna need some brethren or sisteren.

hookandladder
11-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I hate the fact that yall are bailing out on the board. I would really like to hear what some of yall had to say about upcoming games. Especially if we make it past the next round and face Navarro......which I imagine most of you would support out of d27 loyalty. If that happens, not saying it will, Bag-of-Chips is gonna need some brethren or sisteren.

I think the bail out was directed at this tread however this year will be my last year on 3Adownlow , with my son graduating I will move on also. I think this year I did get a little frustrated on this board with some poster's, we knew we would have a decent team this year and even though we won most all games we should have it seemed that the know it alls still wanted to discredit our wins saying we were lucky or the teams were weak. After a while it just does not sit good and I am not one to just sit and take it, it is what it is. Good Luck to Bellville, I see a Region Championship in sight for you guys.