PDA

View Full Version : Region I AREA GotW: Graham(10-1) Vs. Glen Rose(10-1)

Pages : [1] 2

Rattler
11-17-2012, 12:12 AM
Graham by 14

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 12:14 AM
If Graham has a good DLine, they will beat GR. Can't run an offense if you can't block.

Another thread says 5:00pm kickoff?

Bosqueville
11-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Great stadium!

#1 TEXAN
11-17-2012, 01:12 AM
This is gonna be a great game, sounds like glen rose had a little trouble with the lions D tonight.

Inmateboss
11-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Yeah 5 pm kick off!!! Geeez. WTH

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Sounds like a good game here. Graham is tough I hear. Glen Rose may be in trouble. However I think they score enough to possibly pull out a win. TOSS UP

GrTigers6
11-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Our main problem last night was the QB trying to force passes down the field. Not to take nything away from BWD they played very well Defensively but I guarentee you that the coaches will have a counter to what BWD was doing. They are very good about that. Hopefully we got that lackluster game out of our system so we can continue to Move the ball like we should. What I really liked about that game was to see GR score to regain the lead and then run ove 9 minutes off the clock with a partially injured 22, Even though he wouldnt admit it. LOL
Its funny How our "Suspect"D Won this game for us, with all the turnovers on our side of the field and only giving up 10 points.
I think GR deep down thought they had it won before they started. They scored easily on the first drive and then struggled after.
This game with Graham will be a very good test to see if we can bounce back and play our type of game. Its a game I will leave from Deer Camp to come watch! Good luck to both!
Lokking forward to meetng some of you graham folks!

Inmateboss
11-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Our main problem last night was the QB trying to force passes down the field. Not to take nything away from BWD they played very well Defensively but I guarentee you that the coaches will have a counter to what BWD was doing. They are very good about that. Hopefully we got that lackluster game out of our system so we can continue to Move the ball like we should. What I really liked about that game was to see GR score to regain the lead and then run ove 9 minutes off the clock with a partially injured 22, Even though he wouldnt admit it. LOL
Its funny How our "Suspect"D Won this game for us, with all the turnovers on our side of the field and only giving up 10 points.
I think GR deep down thought they had it won before they started. They scored easily on the first drive and then struggled after.
This game with Graham will be a very good test to see if we can bounce back and play our type of game. Its a game I will leave from Deer Camp to come watch! Good luck to both!
Lokking forward to meetng some of you graham folks!

We'll be there, this should be some true Texas football !!!!

Go # 5

GrTigers6
11-17-2012, 09:48 AM

Go # 5Absolutely! Cant wait!.
Have yall been to Springtown stadium? Where could we have a meet and greet?

GrTigers6
11-17-2012, 09:49 AM

Go # 5Absolutely! Cant wait!.

Extiger12
11-17-2012, 10:02 AM
This should be a great game although I have GR back on track in this game with a 42-35 score. For some reason GR can't perform on stephenville's field against brownwood. Both times our offense was held to 14 points. We will see next week! Good luck to both teams!

Rattler
11-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes, Game time is 5:00 pm if an admin can correct please.

LionFan72
11-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I think Graham will figure out the spread, to 35-14 victory.

Deuce
11-17-2012, 10:14 AM
This should definitely be "Game of the Week!!!"

LionFan72
11-17-2012, 10:33 AM
By the way, Springtown is a very nice stadium, was pleasantly surprised last year.

Good Luck, Steers!

Deuce
11-17-2012, 11:18 AM
If the Glen Rose QB has a bad day against Graham this game will get ugly quick because we will take advantage of turnovers!

Deuce
11-17-2012, 11:22 AM
And YES, Graham has a very solid D line and a very good secondary that will take a INT to the house.

Extiger12
11-17-2012, 11:50 AM
If the Glen Rose QB has a bad day against Graham this game will get ugly quick because we will take advantage of turnovers!

I don't see him having another bad game! I wouldn't count on it either! Should make of a great game!

Sville
11-17-2012, 12:26 PM
I will be at this ballgame. Sville plays in Mineral Wells at 2 and I plan on heading up to Springtown after that.

Pendragon13
11-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I've only seen Graham play, but even in a 31-7 loss to my dawgs they didn't look bad at all. Even if Glen Rose's offense is as good as advertised, the steers won't be an easy out....I'm calling for the steers to upset the tigers in a fairly low scoring game.

Sville
11-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Graham definitely has some athletes that looked good in 7 on 7. I hope to see a good ballgame.

yrofthegrtiger
11-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Let me just say this Tiger team has more heart than any team I've seen in a very long time. A great group of Seniors who pull each other up to a very high level and have done so for 12 years. Our QB had a rough night but he's got plenty of character and trust me, he'll be ready and back on track Friday. The amazing thing is BWD was gifted the ball inside our 40 yard line over four times last night, we started inside our 5 at least twice and had the ball inside our 20 most the night to start. And we won. Graham is going to be tough, but be ready cause we're bringing it!

Deuce
11-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I will be at this ballgame. Sville plays in Mineral Wells at 2 and I plan on heading up to Springtown after that.
Sounds like a good idea! I think i will stop and catch a little of the Ville game.

garciap77
11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Graham by 7!

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 12:48 PM
I'll say Graham 26-24

Deuce
11-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Let me just say this Tiger team has more heart than any team I've seen in a very long time. A great group of Seniors who pull each other up to a very high level and have done so for 12 years. Our QB had a rough night but he's got plenty of character and trust me, he'll be ready and back on track Friday. The amazing thing is BWD was gifted the ball inside our 40 yard line over four times last night, we started inside our 5 at least twice and had the ball inside our 20 most the night to start. And we won. Graham is going to be tough, but be ready cause we're bringing it!

Just curious what u mean by "Brownwood was gifted the ball?" Did y'all just stop the play and hand them the ball? This always amuses me when somebody says something like this, as if the other team had nothing to do with it.

#1 TEXAN
11-17-2012, 01:22 PM
27-13 steers

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I'll explain gifted the ball. In attempts to avoid being sacked all night long they threw up jump balls to their 6'5 receiver and Brownwood made plays. We couldn't block them and they couldn't block us.

Extiger12
11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
I'll explain gifted the ball. In attempts to avoid being sacked all night long they threw up jump balls to their 6'5 receiver and Brownwood made plays. We couldn't block them and they couldn't block us.

Well said!

yrofthegrtiger
11-17-2012, 02:53 PM
I won't deny Brownwood made plays, but the point is it was a game where we made mistakes that certainly worked to the advantage of a good Brownwood team, in our end of the field. Yet we managed to win the game on an offf night.

hollywood
11-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Does anyone else find it humorous that the picks so far have been for the teams the posters teams have played.

BW had a perfect defensive game plan for GR last night. And, I don't think enough people have given BW's defense enough credit either. Yeah, GR did look off of their usual game offensively in terms of execution, but BW's blitzes had something to do with that too! GR turned the ball over 4 times against a team who had their chances to take advantage. But, GR's D was too much for BW's offense. Someone mentioned neither team could block each other, true. But most importantly, neither offense made adjustments to counter until GR finally decided to just run the ball.

Graham is a very solid team. So is GR. This game could go either way. Team that takes care of the ball the best will win this game. I've seen GR execute their offense impressively. They didn't last night and I was truley surprised. I think they will bounce back to their normal game and win in a hard fought game again. I'll take GR by 10.

GR 34
GRM 24

yrofthegrtiger
11-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Right on dude, I'm with you. Good post that makes good sense.

VWG
11-17-2012, 05:16 PM

Thanks Dad!

Tejastrue
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Does anyone else find it humorous that the picks so far have been for the teams the posters teams have played.

BW had a perfect defensive game plan for GR last night. And, I don't think enough people have given BW's defense enough credit either. Yeah, GR did look off of their usual game offensively in terms of execution, but BW's blitzes had something to do with that too! GR turned the ball over 4 times against a team who had their chances to take advantage. But, GR's D was too much for BW's offense. Someone mentioned neither team could block each other, true. But most importantly, neither offense made adjustments to counter until GR finally decided to just run the ball.

Graham is a very solid team. So is GR. This game could go either way. Team that takes care of the ball the best will win this game. I've seen GR execute their offense impressively. They didn't last night and I was truley surprised. I think they will bounce back to their normal game and win in a hard fought game again. I'll take GR by 10.

GR 34
GRM 24

Uh... no. I don't think there is category for 'toss up'. :D

Inmateboss
11-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Absolutely! Cant wait!.

I haven't been there, but if they have some good flat ground, a meet and greet is on!! Have to check out the situation and post on here right before game time!!

Go # 5

83Indian
11-17-2012, 09:22 PM

I told you the D1 route was a cupcake walk. Wylie is the only challenge left until the semi's. Funny how if we were the big school, we would still be playing!

83Indian
11-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Glen Rose by 21.

#1 TEXAN
11-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Who is to say you would have got past round 1 of D1??? You think maybe y'all weren't quit as good as you thought?

83Indian
11-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Who is to say you would have got past round 1 of D1??? You think maybe y'all weren't quit as good as you thought?

Ask Gatesville. Plus we rolled thru it two years in a row with little competitive games. The D1 route has been traditionally weaker than the DII route. Thats not just my opinion but many others. As I said, Wylie is the exception. I get your comment, but I'm pretty sure we would have beat Burnett and Mineral Wells. Don't you think so?

#1 TEXAN
11-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Who couldn't beat those teams???? How do you come up with glen rose beating graham by 21? Just because they beat y'all you think they won't lose again?

#1 TEXAN
11-17-2012, 09:37 PM
The tigers got another thing coming if they think this game will be a blow out,

83Indian
11-17-2012, 09:41 PM
That was my point, we would still be playing. Maybe you did'nt follow. I should clarify, the D1 route from the District Alvarado has been in the last two years has been fairly weak. We would have played Burnett and then Mineral Wells had we been the big school in our district. Stephenville gets that honor this year.

I believe Glen Rose is much more explosive than what was show against Brownwood. I base it off their record and personal experience this year. I may be wrong but thats my District 7 homer opinion.

Deuce
11-17-2012, 09:55 PM
That was my point, we would still be playing. Maybe you did'nt follow. I should clarify, the D1 route from the District Alvarado has been in the last two years has been fairly weak. We would have played Burnett and then Mineral Wells had we been the big school in our district. Stephenville gets that honor this year.

I believe Glen Rose is much more explosive than what was show against Brownwood. I base it off their record and personal experience this year. I may be wrong but thats my District 7 homer opinion.

They better be more explosive this week because if their not Graham will finish exposing of the district 7 d2 teams! And thats a fact Jack!

Sville
11-17-2012, 09:56 PM
I haven't seen Graham play so all I can go on are their box scores. They have been pretty impressive looking at their box scores and only have one loss to the AP #2 Wylie. I think Glen Rose is a damn good team as well for the same reasons 83-I said. I think this is going to be a great game and pretty much a pick'em contest.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 09:58 PM

Oops. Got confused on the Mineral Wells comment. Stephenville plays at Mineral Wells against Kennedale. Now Kennedale would be a tough Game for the Indians this year but we would at least still be playing

Deuce
11-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Glen Rose by 21.

Keep dreaming. This game will be a dog fight. I give props to Brownwood, but our defense is alot stouter than theirs. This game will be close.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Keep dreaming. This game will be a dog fight. I give props to Brownwood, but our defense is alot stouter than theirs. This game will be close.

Okay, serious question, other than Wylie, looks like Springtown and Vernon had some success against your defense. I see where Vernon beat Springtown last night. What kind of offensive attacks did these teams use? Where do you see where Glen Rose might have success? Against us they converted 7 or 8 third and long plays on precise pass routes or the back in the flat. They were suspect against our run game but after we got behind, by 14, we couldnt just run anymore. Interested to see how you guys view the matchups.

#1 TEXAN
11-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Okay, serious question, other than Wylie, looks like Springtown and Vernon had some success against your defense. I see where Vernon beat Springtown last night. What kind of offensive attacks did these teams use? Where do you see where Glen Rose might have success? Against us they converted 7 or 8 third and long plays on precise pass routes or the back in the flat. They were suspect against our run game but after we got behind, by 14, we couldnt just run anymore. Interested to see how you guys view the matchups.

Graham turned the ball over twice in first 2 min inside there own 15 both times, so Vernon got up 14-0 and we came back and beat them.

outlaw
11-17-2012, 10:25 PM

I don't see them having any success. Graham's D is a lot better than Wood's and they held them to minimal points and Graham will score at will.

Shouldn't you be worrying about basketball instead of teams your not associated with or are you trying to be hollywood.

#1 TEXAN
11-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Graham secondary is very quick and breaks on the ball well last I checked they lead the state in interceptions, are offense is pretty much a balance attack I think the teams are gonna match up well

Deuce
11-17-2012, 10:34 PM

I have no doubt that GR will show up with a better effort than they did against Wood, but our defense is darn good. We have 21 picks so far and if they make those mistakes against us we will make them pay. Our offense is explosive and can score at anytime with alot of different weapons!

Tin Cup
11-17-2012, 10:35 PM
I think Graham and Brownwood are very similar defensively. Difference is Graham has a good compliment on offense and Brownwood struggled all year on O. This will not be a blowout.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I don't see them having any success. Graham's D is a lot better than Wood's and they held them to minimal points and Graham will score at will.

Shouldn't you be worrying about basketball instead of teams your not associated with or are you trying to be hollywood.

What are you basing Grahams D is so much better than Brownwood? The Same logic I use for Glen Rose?

Ill be at the game because I'm a football fan and I'm rooting for my district. Or are you one of those that think only the teams still playing have a right to voice an opinion? Lived in Alvarado my entire life. I don't need another team to latch onto.

83Indian
11-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Graham secondary is very quick and breaks on the ball well last I checked they lead the state in interceptions, are offense is pretty much a balance attack I think the teams are gonna match up well If you can do that by stopping the pass and your run game is good then you definitely can beat them. I'll be there to watch this one. Should be a great game.

Deuce
11-17-2012, 10:51 PM
If you can do that by stopping the pass and your run game is good then you definitely can beat them. I'll be there to watch this one. Should be a great game.

We have 2 different running backs that run like jackrabbits!

Extiger12
11-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Look out for Thames... That's all.

Deuce
11-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I guess if Graham finds a way to win this one it will be an upset. Love the underdog role!

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 11:01 AM
If the Graham defense truly has 21 picks on the year, that says a mouthful about their secondary. IMO, spread offenses are severly limited when playing against very good secondaries. If Graham can force a few turnovers(interceptions) or GR to run the ball more than they would like, this game could turn in the Steers favor. If GR can run the ball effectively, it will help neutralize Graham's secondary somewhat and allow GR to be more proficient in what they do well....passing the football. I see a tough matchup here for Glen Rose against this Graham bunch. How many yards does the Graham D statiscally give up per game against the run, and what about defending a team that runs and passes? How much does GR actually run the ball per game? Is it a good mixture? The answers to these questions will tell how this game evolves(and revolves).

hollywood
11-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Look out for Thames... That's all.

I bet Keesee's ears are still ringing lol

hollywood
11-18-2012, 11:18 AM

LOL... What makes you think Graham's defense is a lot better than The Wood's? From what I saw, the Wood's defense was in top form Friday. Credit to them. But, Glen Rose was a little flat. They may have came into this game over confident and underestimated the Wood just a little. :)

Graham will know they are playing are great team Friday. Glen Rose can run the ball very well. It's going to be up to their QB to settle in and keep Graham's defense guessing. Should be a great match up. I plan to be there after the Stephenville vs Kennedale game.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't think the results of the Brownwood game will have that much to say about this Graham matchup. This is a different type of matchup for GR, and whatever occured in the game against BW is now history. GR will continue to play their style of ball, and so will Graham. They have both come this far doing what they do well. It will be a question of matchups. Let's hear more on the matchup part of this game.

LionFan72
11-18-2012, 12:12 PM
If GR is using the measuring stick of Bwd vs Graham, then reality will sit in early Friday night.

I know what the Lions had this year, and that is a mediocre rebuilding year. That said, the Lions stepped up and played a heck of a game on D against Glen Rose. Our offense was sporadic all year to say the least, and I don't mean by any vision to take away the efforts of the Glen Rose D, they played a hellava game also.

I personally see that Glen Rose and Alvarado were a little overrated this year, as well as Stevenville may soon find out. Based on the two games last Friday night, I can see district 7 going down as well as Brownwood and Burnet. I think Stevenville will fall to Wylie, been wrong before, but not as many times as I was right. It is Texas High School football, and you can't measure the heart of a 16-18 year old kid week in and week out.

That said, Graham by 28.

hollywood
11-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Lions improved impressively on defense over the season. Had its success on offense depending who they played.

Now to say Alvarado and Glen Rose were or are overrated is silly. That's not giving credit to the Wood or Gville. Anyone playing in the second round is solid. I think if the Wood could have had another 2 weeks they could have been tough to beat. Good things to come for the Wood in the next few years. Alvarado will be a power every year. Great program. For Glen Rose, this is their year. Senior heavy team and is very talented. QB has to prove he can lead his team. Well balanced.

For this game, it could go 2 ways. It could be another defensive battle or a shoot out between 2 very good teams. By picking one over the other by 28 points is not giving credit to either team. Funny how one game changes someone's view. Lol

hollywood
11-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Lions improved impressively on defense over the season. Had its success on offense depending who they played.

Now to say Alvarado and Glen Rose were or are overrated is silly. That's not giving credit to the Wood or Gville. Anyone playing in the second round is solid. I think if the Wood could have had another 2 weeks they could have been tough to beat. Good things to come for the Wood in the next few years. Alvarado will be a power every year. Great program. For Glen Rose, this is their year. Senior heavy team and is very talented. QB has to prove he can lead his team. Well balanced.

For this game, it could go 2 ways. It could be another defensive battle or a shoot out between 2 very good teams. By picking one over the other by 28 points is not giving credit to either team. Funny how one game changes someone's view. Lol

#1 TEXAN
11-18-2012, 12:46 PM
If the Graham defense truly has 21 picks on the year, that says a mouthful about their secondary. IMO, spread offenses are severly limited when playing against very good secondaries. If Graham can force a few turnovers(interceptions) or GR to run the ball more than they would like, this game could turn in the Steers favor. If GR can run the ball effectively, it will help neutralize Graham's secondary somewhat and allow GR to be more proficient in what they do well....passing the football. I see a tough matchup here for Glen Rose against this Graham bunch. How many yards does the Graham D statiscally give up per game against the run, and what about defending a team that runs and passes? How much does GR actually run the ball per game? Is it a good mixture? The answers to these questions will tell how this game evolves(and revolves).

Graham's Offense avg right at 40pts a game while there D gives up an average of 11pts a game and 31 of those point Wylie put up on them, outside of just a couple games the starters haven't played much at all in second half so there stats really don't show what there D has truly done this year, and yes they have 21ints on the year. But with that being said glen rose has very similar stats they give up about 5 more points a game but they also avg about 5 more point a game. On paper this is a very even matched contest, it's gonna depend on which team prepares the best and has to best game plan for the opposing team. I can't wait I think this one will be one for the books.

#1 TEXAN
11-18-2012, 12:48 PM

I don't see either team winning by more then 7-10 pts.

hollywood
11-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Graham's Offense avg right at 40pts a game while there D gives up an average of 11pts a game and 31 of those point Wylie put up on them, outside of just a couple games the starters haven't played much at all in second half so there stats really don't show what there D has truly done this year, and yes they have 21ints on the year. But with that being said glen rose has very similar stats they give up about 5 more points a game but they also avg about 5 more point a game. On paper this is a very even matched contest, it's gonna depend on which team prepares the best and has to best game plan for the opposing team. I can't wait I think this one will be one for the books.

Good post #1Texan!

Smitty
11-18-2012, 01:09 PM
If GR is using the measuring stick of Bwd vs Graham, then reality will sit in early Friday night.

I know what the Lions had this year, and that is a mediocre rebuilding year. That said, the Lions stepped up and played a heck of a game on D against Glen Rose. Our offense was sporadic all year to say the least, and I don't mean by any vision to take away the efforts of the Glen Rose D, they played a hellava game also.

I personally see that Glen Rose and Alvarado were a little overrated this year, as well as Stevenville may soon find out. Based on the two games last Friday night, I can see district 7 going down as well as Brownwood and Burnet. I think Stevenville will fall to Wylie, been wrong before, but not as many times as I was right. It is Texas High School football, and you can't measure the heart of a 16-18 year old kid week in and week out.

That said, Graham by 28.
LionFan72 I'm confused about your comments about Stephenville, you said the samething on another thread. Explain to me what it is that you are basing your opinnion on. The Ville led at half 49 - 6 with 400 + yards of offense.....the second half the coach brought in a mixture of reserves and Junior Varsity players. The starters were as impressive as I have seen this year. Surely you were at thee Brownwood game, so how can you make such comments?

hollywood
11-18-2012, 01:15 PM
LionFan72 I'm confused about your comments about Stephenville, you said the samething on another thread. Explain to me what it is that you are basing your opinnion on. The Ville led at half 49 - 6 with 400 + yards of offense.....the second half the coach brought in a mixture of reserves and Junior Varsity players. The starters were as impressive as I have seen this year. Surely you were at thee Brownwood game, so how can you make such comments?

He has no clue. Don't waist your time. ;)

Extiger12
11-18-2012, 01:50 PM
I bet Keesee's ears are still ringing lol

I wasn't at the game sadly but I heard Thames was all over the place!

Extiger12
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM

:iagree::iagree:

83Indian
11-18-2012, 02:03 PM

That said, Graham by 28.

Lion, in the end the Alvarado D was a little overrated but not the Team as a whole. Just could not stop 3 good passing attack teams. However to be a little bit homer, Alvarado had the #6 AP team in the state on their heels with 5 minutes left in the game. A fumble inside the GV 30 and a 4th and 1 dropped TD pass with 5 minutes left on back to back possessions was the difference. Of course we did not execute and made these mistakes is why we lost. The 20 points GV scored came after that with an Alvarado melt down. No disrespect to anyone we played, but we were not overrated.

teams Alvarado lost to:

Stephenville 10 - 1 (10 - 0 domestic games)
Glenrose 11 - 1 (only loss to Stephenville)
Gatesville 11 -0
Conally 6 - 4 (only bad game we played)

5 teams we played made the playoffs including 1 4a Southwest who is still playing and 2 with Ville and Glen Rose

Were we a top 10 team? No, but I could argue were easily top 20.

GRTIGER
11-18-2012, 02:10 PM
graham r u ready to "feel the reiper' GLEN ROSE by 13 yALL DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHATS ABOUT TO HAPPEN ON friday:taunt:

Deuce
11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
graham r u ready to "feel the reiper' GLEN ROSE by 13 yALL DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHATS ABOUT TO HAPPEN ON friday:taunt:

Lol. Yeah, we have heard that before.

LionFan72
11-18-2012, 03:00 PM

Based on the play of you district mates this year, basically. I know you can't see through your SC glasses, although you played very well against a young Burnet team with a lot of heart, there are a few teams out there that can/will beat the Jackets, I personally think Wylie is that team. The jackets whacked the third place bulldogs, which was expected. But the vaunted Glen Rose squeaks by a very mediocre and rebuilding Brownwood, Alvarado gets swatted by Gatesville. I guess that tells you nothing. District 7 supposedly the strongest in the state, but then I see a little chink in the armor. I wish you guys all the luck in the world, truly do, but I also believe that soon you will fall, or get caught up in the "it wasn't our game." I believe the Jackets day will come at the hands of Sandifer and crew this year, they are very good too. Glen Rose will fall to Graham. My predictions anyway! Don't like em, dont read em!

LionFan72
11-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Lion, in the end the Alvarado D was a little overrated but not the Team as a whole. Just could not stop 3 good passing attack teams. However to be a little bit homer, Alvarado had the #6 AP team in the state on their heels with 5 minutes left in the game. A fumble inside the GV 30 and a 4th and 1 dropped TD pass with 5 minutes left on back to back possessions was the difference. Of course we did not execute and made these mistakes is why we lost. The 20 points GV scored came after that with an Alvarado melt down. No disrespect to anyone we played, but we were not overrated.

teams Alvarado lost to:

Stephenville 10 - 1 (10 - 0 domestic games)
Glenrose 11 - 1 (only loss to Stephenville)
Gatesville 11 -0
Conally 6 - 4 (only bad game we played)

5 teams we played made the playoffs including 1 4a Southwest who is still playing and 2 with Ville and Glen Rose

Were we a top 10 team? No, but I could argue were easily top 20.

I must apologize if you felt I was disrespecting Alvarado or Glen Rose, not seeing the teams myself, mostly basing my facts on print in the papers, I was just expecting a little more from District 7 as a whole. Alvarado and Glen Rose both seem to be building fine programs and expect both to be around for years to come, there is absolutely nothing finer for a young man to be enabled by a perinnal program. District 8 is mostly in a rebuilding mode across the board, and I guess what I am saying here is I didn't expect 8 to be as competative versus 7.

GRTIGER
11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
@Lionfan72 do not hate one GR team for being the better team friday. I know i would be for the team that beat me to show that my team got beat by a good team, graham is under thinking the level of play GR. but good luck tp all teams in playoffs

LionFan72
11-18-2012, 03:20 PM
@Lionfan72 do not hate one GR team for being the better team friday. I know i would be for the team that beat me to show that my team got beat by a good team, graham is under thinking the level of play GR. but good luck tp all teams in playoffs

No hate for me buddy, I just dont see GR beating Graham at this point. GR put on a great defensive show Friday, kudos and Thames is a beast. I'm just calling it like I see it, If I am wrong, be the first to admit it.

#1 TEXAN
11-18-2012, 03:22 PM

You seem pretty confident???? I'm guessing you haven't even seen Graham play??

Sville
11-18-2012, 03:26 PM
I am getting really excited about this game. These two teams appear to be very evenly matched. I am looking forward to a really good football game.

#1 TEXAN
11-18-2012, 03:29 PM
I am getting really excited about this game. These two teams appear to be very evenly matched. I am looking forward to a really good football game.

To hear GRTIGER say it this game won't be worth watching , the tigers already have it won.

GRTIGER
11-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I did not say that, read the post mo.....ron I will be there I bet u too in the band at halftime

GRTIGER
11-18-2012, 03:39 PM
just cheering on my team did u think i would post i hope we lose,,,,, da

Grahamerica
11-18-2012, 03:43 PM

I don't imagine the one's that matter are "under thinking" anyone. I'm sure the coach's and players for both teams are preparing for this game with each team' capabilities in mind. As far as what is being said on here I don't even see where Graham posters are "under thinking" Glen Rose. I see where Glen Rose has been getting a lot of credit from Graham posters. This will be a very good game from two very good teams.

#1 TEXAN
11-18-2012, 03:45 PM
just cheering on my team did u think i would post i hope we lose,,,,, da

Not at all but anyone that has any sense would not come on here saying a team isn't even gonna know what's gonna hit them, at this point in a season both teams will know exactly what there up against.

Deuce
11-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Why do u think Graham is under thinking the level of play of GR? You guys have told us all year that y'all were an elite team! We know this will be a battle.

GRTIGER
11-18-2012, 04:15 PM
agreed to it being a battle, good luck

Extiger12
11-18-2012, 06:05 PM
I agree on the tigers being an elite team this year! But so is Graham I look forward to watching this game! Looks like it's going to be a game to watch throughout 3a!

83Indian
11-18-2012, 06:10 PM
I must apologize if you felt I was disrespecting Alvarado or Glen Rose, not seeing the teams myself, mostly basing my facts on print in the papers, I was just expecting a little more from District 7 as a whole. Alvarado and Glen Rose both seem to be building fine programs and expect both to be around for years to come, there is absolutely nothing finer for a young man to be enabled by a perinnal program. District 8 is mostly in a rebuilding mode across the board, and I guess what I am saying here is I didn't expect 8 to be as competative versus 7.

No disrespect taken. We had a good chance to make another run and just came up short. Lions were a lot better at the end of the year as well. We will find out soon if D7 is overrated or not.

Extiger12
11-18-2012, 06:27 PM
No disrespect taken. We had a good chance to make another run and just came up short. Lions were a lot better at the end of the year as well. We will find out soon if D7 is overrated or not.

That we will! I sure hope we come to play our normal game! I don't want to be eating crow anytime soon! :ack!::D

Inmateboss
11-18-2012, 07:36 PM

Oh I bet we do just fine!!! I'd rather "feel the reiper" than the Steer stampede y'all are looking at enduring! Can ya hear the steers coming??? Wait.... That's y'all doing the " Thump, Thump, Thump"!!!

Go # 5

Extiger12
11-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Oh I bet we do just fine!!! I'd rather "feel the reiper" than the Steer stampede y'all are looking at enduring! Can ya hear the steers coming??? Wait.... That's y'all doing the " Thump, Thump, Thump"!!!

Go # 5
Well the real question is... Do you have the BALLS to come play GR?! :cheerl::taunt:

Inmateboss
11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Well the real question is... Do you have the BALLS to come play GR?! :cheerl::taunt:

Sure if y'all are still playing when were done with football, we're there!!

Go # 5

Tin Cup
11-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Who was the best team glen rose beat? I just don't think their resume is impressive. Alvarado, Brownwood and China Spring were very average teams by their own standards and all 3 were close, real close. Hanging with sville, ok great so did 3/4 other average/decent teams. See Alvarado and Waco LV.

I'm not sold on glen rose. Prove me wrong

Slick50
11-18-2012, 08:23 PM

Thats real original, how long did it take you to come up with that one?

defense51
11-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I think this one will be close, both teams have executed all year long. I haven't seen Graham play, but if the GR offense gets going I'll take the Tigers by 10.

#1 TEXAN
11-18-2012, 10:43 PM
I think this one will be close, both teams have executed all year long. I haven't seen Graham play, but if the GR offense gets going I'll take the Tigers by 10.

I thinks it's hilarious that most of the Alvarado fans pick Glen rose to win just because they got beat by them. If you don't know what's going on and all you know is glen rose beat y'all so you think there gonna win state.... You need to go to the Gym with you football team.

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Every contender in Divison II will be watching this game(keeping tabs on it), are you kidding? This has to be one of the better matchups of the season thus far. I think so, anyway. I've seen neither team play this season, but would love to see it if I were in the North Texas area. But if I was in the area, I'd go see Argyle/Melissa anyway. Good luck to both teams in this big game. I'm sure it will be way better than the price of admission and the cost of getting there.

defense51
11-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I thinks it's hilarious that most of the Alvarado fans pick Glen rose to win just because they got beat by them. If you don't know what's going on and all you know is glen rose beat y'all so you think there gonna win state.... You need to go to the Gym with you football team.

Maybe you should read my post, I never said anything about Glen Rose winning state. I said I think it will be close, and if Glen Rose gets the offense going they win by 10. Don't be such a child about someone picking against your opinion #1 Texan! I think what you meant was "you need to go to the gym with your football team", gym isn't capitalized and "you football team" doesn't make sense! If you don't have a proper understanding of grammar, maybe you shouldn't post on here...:thinking:

hollywood
11-18-2012, 10:57 PM

Same for Graham picks. For most picking Graham, their teams have played them. lol

And I wanted to point out that there is nothing wrong with that.

#1 TEXAN
11-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Same for Graham picks. For most picking Graham, their teams have played them. lol

And I wanted to point out that there is nothing wrong with that.

Your right and a lot of them are from brownwood who has played both teams..... Just a thought!!

M-town lobo fan
11-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Graham with no McCoy...GR by 21

83Indian
11-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Who was the best team glen rose beat? I just don't think their resume is impressive. Alvarado, Brownwood and China Spring were very average teams by their own standards and all 3 were close, real close. Hanging with sville, ok great so did 3/4 other average/decent teams. See Alvarado and Waco LV.

I'm not sold on glen rose. Prove me wrong

Couldn't you say the same for Graham's resume?

Top 3 teams in District 7 and using maxpreps since everyone thinks its the most accurate

Stephenville - #2
Glen Rose - #9
Alvarado - #21

District 5

Graham - #16
Vernon - #29
BurkBurnett - #145

Highest ranked teams both teams beat

Glen Rose beat #21 Alvarado (41 -28) and #22 Fairfield (45 - 6), Lost to #2 Stephenville 48 - 30

Graham beat #29 Brownwood (28 - 7) and #30 Vernon (34 -24) Lost to #3 Abilene Wylie 31 - 7

You guys played Graham in week#2 and Glen Rose in week 11. You got a lot better since week 2.

My take on this is Graham has a slight defensive edge and Glen Rose the offensive edge.

The rankings/numbers game favors Glen Rose

It will be a good contest.

ccmom
11-19-2012, 08:45 AM
I went with Graham, but all I know about GR is what I have read. Graham has a very good secondary that could give the GR QB some problems. It sounds like Brownwood's D gave him fits. Mostly, I just like to root for Inmateboss' and Ragin Red's sons, though. How's that for a scientific analysis? ;)

Deuce
11-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I went with Graham, but all I know about GR is what I have read. Graham has a very good secondary that could give the GR QB some problems. It sounds like Brownwood's D gave him fits. Mostly, I just like to root for Inmateboss' and Ragin Red's sons, though. How's that for a scientific analysis? ;)
Works for me!

Inmateboss
11-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Graham with no McCoy...GR by 21

Go ahead, bet all your money on that!!! And then come on back to the present with the rest of us!!! Bless your heart!!

Go # 5

Ragin Red
11-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Works for me!
Thanks ccmom good luck to yall this week also, my son said Thank you for the well wishes.

Inmateboss
11-19-2012, 09:30 AM

Sounds good to me!!! This will be a good game !!

Go # 5

Bullaholic
11-19-2012, 09:44 AM
I am really conflicted trying to predict a winner of this game. I see these teams as dead-even, almost mirror images.

Deuce
11-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Offensive team stats for the year from Maxpreps:

Graham passing- 2,456 yds.
Graham rushing- 1,978 yds.

Glen Rose passing- 2,705 yds.
Glen Rose rushing- 2,158 yds.

Grahamcheerdad
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Graham by 1 we dont care as long as they win

Extiger12
11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Thats real original, how long did it take you to come up with that one?

I'm just busting your.... Umm oh well. I'm just messing with you. Lol

Extiger12
11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Graham by 1 we dont care as long as they win

I wouldn't mind if we won by one either! Lol

Grahamerica
11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't mind if we won by one either! Lol

That is a little misleading, isn't it.

toddg
11-19-2012, 12:59 PM

i think your fixation with the Alvarado fans is funny...and sad

#1 TEXAN
11-19-2012, 01:04 PM
i think your fixation with the Alvarado fans is funny...and sad

Dribble dribble......pass.......shot!!!!

hollywood
11-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Could be Graham next week. Easy #1 TEXAN. Glen Rose is damn tough.

Grahamerica
11-19-2012, 01:12 PM

I'm sure our bball coach wouldn't mind that happening. 4 of the 5 starters and several other players are on the football field.

#1 TEXAN
11-19-2012, 01:14 PM

I agree it very well could be gonna. It's gonna be a great game, but on the other note we know for a fact were playing one week longer then the Indians.

#1 TEXAN
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM
" And that's a fact jack"
SI Roberston

Deuce
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM
For Alvarado posters: What could your team have done better on defense to get a W against GR?

Luckydawg
11-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Graham doesn't need a McCoy. They have a pretty good QB in Ben Davis!!!

toddg
11-19-2012, 01:18 PM

you would know that sequence better than us...but its probably a good thing to finally get an early start on bball this year for us..maybe our bball team will do better than regionals this year.

Extiger12
11-19-2012, 01:33 PM
That is a little misleading, isn't it.

Let me rephrase that " I don't mind GR winning by 1" sorry for the misconception!

#1 TEXAN
11-19-2012, 01:34 PM
you would know that sequence better than us...but its probably a good thing to finally get an early start on bball this year for us..maybe our bball team will do better than regionals this year.

Now that's a positive look at it.

toddg
11-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Now that's a positive look at it.

dont worry..we'll be back to getting a late start next year

#1 TEXAN
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
dont worry..we'll be back to getting a late start next year

I hope were both here again this time next year this forum wouldn't be as much fun without all of us.

Slick50
11-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I hope were both here again this time next year this forum wouldn't be as much fun without all of us.

Yall don't start hugging each other now

defense51
11-19-2012, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Deuce;1718572]For Alvarado posters: What could your team have done better on defense to get a W against GR?] I'm not sure that would have worked, the GR receivers made some great catches in that game with the QB throwing under pressure. As soon as we shut the passing down they would run a draw play for 15-20 yards and a first down. Keep your offense on the field as much as possible, make a couple of stops on defense and you've got a good chance. If the GR offense starts rolling it's gonna turn into a shootout.

83Indian
11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
For Alvarado posters: What could your team have done better on defense to get a W against GR?

if we had that answer we would have beat Gatesville soundly. Alvarado did not figure out the spread against three good spread teams. Its either the wrong scheme, lack of talent, or bad preparation. I personally think we were outmatched on the talent in the secondary and outside LB coverage. A lot of the kids on defense were first year varsity players. I think we only returned 4 from last year.

From my perspective do the following

1) Pressure the QB and make him make reads fast with blitz
2) Defensive line pressure
3) Man up and take away the inside and post routes. Don't play off and give cushion. make them beat you over the top, not underneath
4) LB must cover back out of the backfield

Brownwood figured it out so I would use that game film as the template

We only punted I think twice. Had we got two stops (we got 0 all night) we probably would have won.

Hendo
11-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Glen Rose 56
Graham Q..uh I mean Steers 7

:1popcorn:

Deuce
11-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Glen Rose 56
Graham Q..uh I mean Steers 7

Haha. We got a comedian here. Get back to jr. high kid!!

Hendo
11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Haha. We got a comedian here. Get back to jr. high kid!!

That's one!

Deuce
11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
if we had that answer we would have beat Gatesville soundly. Alvarado did not figure out the spread against three good spread teams. Its either the wrong scheme, lack of talent, or bad preparation. I personally think we were outmatched on the talent in the secondary and outside LB coverage. A lot of the kids on defense were first year varsity players. I think we only returned 4 from last year.

From my perspective do the following

1) Pressure the QB and make him make reads fast with blitz
2) Defensive line pressure
3) Man up and take away the inside and post routes. Don't play off and give cushion. make them beat you over the top, not underneath
4) LB must cover back out of the backfield

Brownwood figured it out so I would use that game film as the template

We only punted I think twice. Had we got two stops (we got 0 all night) we probably would have won.

Well, we can do all that so we should have a good shot!

hollywood
11-19-2012, 08:26 PM
I bet GR makes adjustments this week to the blitz. Graham's defense is good but will it be good enough? It depends if GR makes adjustments offensively. How is Graham's defense against a good rushing game?

#1 TEXAN
11-19-2012, 08:34 PM
I bet GR makes adjustments this week to the blitz. Graham's defense is good but will it be good enough? It depends if GR makes adjustments offensively. How is Graham's defense against a good rushing game?

When we don't turn the ball over which we have had problems at times doin and putting our defense in bad position they are very solid all around. We have one of the fastest secondary's we have ever had, our outside linebackers can play corner as good as they do linebacker that's is one thing that has made this D so tough to move ball on. Not to mention we have two safety's that make plenty of tackles behind the line of scrimmage. This week will be a very good test for are D I believe the are very much improved since the loss to Wylie.

Rattler
11-19-2012, 10:18 PM
From the Graham Leader:
Steers down Frogs in first round
by Travis Lisle
(Posted Sat 00:03 am)

The Graham Steers opened their playoff season with a dominant first-round performance over the Lake Worth Bullfrogs Friday night in Mineral Wells.
Though the defense was the star of this show, the offense opened the game up with a five play 65-yard drive that ended with a Dillon Gonzales five-yard touchdown after only one minute and 16 seconds of play.
Jesse Ramos and Hunter Hughes got to the quarterback for a sack before Lake Worth was forced to punt.
Mike Freeze got his hands on the punt, which allowed the Steers to take over at the Bullfrogs’ 23-yard line.
Graham turned the ball over on downs, but the defense had their backs.
Hughes got in the backfield, setting the Bullfrogs back nine yards before forcing another Lake Worth punt.
The Steers carried that momentum into a 25-yard touchdown pass from Ben Davis to Hunter Jones making the score 14-0.
On the ensuing Lake Worth possession, Hunter Walls recorded a tackle for a loss one play before Ramos, Husky Melendez and Hughes all got to the quarterback simultaneously.
One play later, it was Hughes picking off Bullfrogs quarterback Maverick Chitty.
Jones caught a pass for a 15-yard gain to set up a one-yard Gonzales touchdown putting the score at 21-0.
Devin Daume set Lake Worth back six yards with a tackle for a loss on the Bullfrogs’ next possession.
That set up a three and out for the Bullfrogs, followed by a Bryce Reeves 17-yard gain to end the first quarter.
The Steers continued to drive and with nine minutes and 39 seconds left in the opening half, Gonzales took the ball in again to make the score 27-0.
Jerrod Mahan sacked the Lake Worth quarterback for a five-yard loss, and then caught a 23-yard pass after the Steers got the ball back.
That was followed by a 20-yard Jones reception to set up a Herrera field goal to give the Steers a 30-0 lead.
A Lake Worth punt pinned the Steers back on their own one yard line, but Graham quarterback Davis found Gonzales 45 yards down the field to start a drive that would end in a Reeves 5-yard touchdown reception to end the half with the Steers on top 37-0.
At halftime, the Steers had recorded 117 rushing yards and 238 passing yards for 355 total yards at the half.
The Steers defense held Lake Worth to an unheard of -12 yards of total offense.
That statistic includes the Bullfrogs’ -7 first half rushing yards, and -5 first half passing yards.The play of the game occurred later in the third quarter.
On fourth and goal from the 19-yard line, Davis found Mahan on a post route in the back of the endzone for a touchdown to give the Steers a 44-0 lead.
Lake Worth would score before the game ended to put the final at 44-7.
Now, the Steers will face Glen Rose at 5 p.m. Friday, November 23, in Springtown.
For the full story on that game, and for everything Steers and Lady Blues, pick up the latest copy of the Graham Leader.

Yoe_09
11-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Thoughts & Predictions?

Rattler
11-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Grahams defense will hold Glenrose to 14 points, and the offense will run away with this game. 31+ points!!!

hollywood
11-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Both teams have proved they can put up the yards and points this season. Both teams have proved they can hold other teams to season lows. This should be a great match up IMO.

I think Graham is coming into this game thinking if Brownwood hung with them, we should beat them by 21+ points. I hope not for the sake of a few balless posters.

Glen Rose gets a wake up call and rebounds with a 10 point win.

toddg
11-19-2012, 11:13 PM
im going with Graham in this one..probably the best secondary GR will have faced to this point, bunch of ball hawks back there..could be the difference.

hollywood
11-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Remember, Glen Rose can run the ball pretty effectively. I wouldn't be surprised to see Glen Rose run the ball more in this game with Burtcher. Then play action the Steers to death to hold the LB's and DB's and hit a lot of quick out and slants.

Extiger12
11-20-2012, 12:21 AM
im going with Graham in this one..probably the best secondary GR will have faced to this point, bunch of ball hawks back there..could be the difference.

I thought all the Indians were GR fans this week?? :crying:

mick5302
11-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Graham barely beat Springtown and they aren't very good. I think GR takes this one.

GRTIGER
11-20-2012, 12:44 AM
I hope u r not basing ur playoff run all on a win against lake worth....... Lmfao

Deuce
11-20-2012, 08:25 AM
I hope u r not basing ur playoff run all on a win against lake worth....... Lmfao

I don't see anywhere in this thread where anyone said that. Lake Worth was horrible. I am basing it on Graham has a sound defense that has gotten better every week,
and will give the GR offense all they want. We win the turnover battle and we will win this game.

Slick50
11-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Remember, Glen Rose can run the ball pretty effectively. I wouldn't be surprised to see Glen Rose run the ball more in this game with Burtcher. Then play action the Steers to death to hold the LB's and DB's and hit a lot of quick out and slants.

Sounds like you know so much, you could be the coach.

ccmom
11-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Sounds like you know so much, you could be the coach.

Actually he coaches the Cleveland Browns! I saw him on tv Sunday.

JW, I can't believe you never told me!!! ;)

Grahamerica
11-20-2012, 09:51 AM

Hey genius Graham has played 10 other games this season.

hollywood
11-20-2012, 09:51 AM
sounds like you know so much, you could be the coach.

lol!

Ragin Red
11-20-2012, 09:52 AM
No, not basing it on lake worth basing it on observations and video. Our offense against your defense we win that battle, we have alot of speed, great hands and field vision. Can't just stop one player we have many offensive weapons. Our defense against your offense we win there too. Team tackling and swarming the ball, may not beat you in a 40 but we will beat you to the ball. Have seen some video and looks like yall are going to have a long night watching and wondering what just happened!

Go Steers play for a December to remember.

hollywood
11-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Actually he coaches the Cleveland Browns! I saw him on tv Sunday.

JW, I can't believe you never told me!!! ;)

hehehe :D

Hey, cclush, any new favorites you can recommend from the vine?

hollywood
11-20-2012, 09:56 AM
No, not basing it on lake worth basing it on observations and video. Our offense against your defense we win that battle, we have alot of speed, great hands and field vision. Can't just stop one player we have many offensive weapons. Our defense against your offense we win there too. Team tackling and swarming the ball, may not beat you in a 40 but we will beat you to the ball. Have seen some video and looks like yall are going to have a long night watching and wondering what just happened!

It's all subjective Ragin Red. Smack all you want but Glen Rose is no Iowa Park.

Grahamerica
11-20-2012, 10:00 AM
It's all subjective Ragin Red. Smack all you want but Glen Rose is no Iowa Park.

and Graham is no Hillsboro

hollywood
11-20-2012, 10:03 AM
and Graham is no Hillsboro

I don't think anyone is saying Glen Rose is going to throttle Graham.

Slick50
11-20-2012, 10:09 AM

And stephenville is no brownwood. run along

ccmom
11-20-2012, 10:10 AM
hehehe :D

Hey, cclush, any new favorites you can recommend from the vine?

Haha...seriously, I was watching the game Sunday and I kept thinking that their coach reminded me of someone. Then I thought, "JW!! Of course!" I'm not sure that dude can rap like you can, but I do think y'all look alike.

Rattler
11-20-2012, 10:15 AM

I agree... I have watched several of GR games and i'm not seeing the hype.. Defense is slow. Offensive line blocking is not to good. And the Qb can be rattled. After this game GR can go play some BB in their nice new BB gym!

hollywood
11-20-2012, 10:17 AM
And stephenville is no brownwood. run along

Confused? This is a Graham/Glen Rose thread silly old man. :D

hollywood
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Haha...seriously, I was watching the game Sunday and I kept thinking that their coach reminded me of someone. Then I thought, "JW!! Of course!" I'm not sure that dude can rap like you can, but I do think y'all look alike.

That made me laugh!

Ragin Red
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Now how many shut outs did yall have um none, crawl back in your hole, and no I don't believe I said they were Iowa Park. I don't think I ever said GR wasn't good......did I.....nope!

GR FAN
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I agree... I have watched several of GR games and i'm not seeing the hype.. Defense is slow. Offensive line blocking is not to good. And the Qb can be rattled. After this game GR can go play some BB in their nice new BB gym!

Come on now, you need to give GR some props. Graham is a descent 10-1 team. If thats what GR is then that is going to significantly take away from yalls achievements this year when a slow defense, no blocking offense, with a crappy QB sends yall to the gym. GR big in this one 48-16. Would be 14 but Dunn is charitable and takes a safety to run some time off the clock to end the game.

Deuce
11-20-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't think anyone is saying Glen Rose is going to throttle Graham.

Just curious, have u been to a Graham game this year?

Ragin Red
11-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Come on now, you need to give GR some props. Graham is a descent 10-1 team. If thats what GR is then that is going to significantly take away from yalls achievements this year when a slow defense, no blocking offense, with a crappy QB sends yall to the gym. GR big in this one 48-16. Would be 14 but Dunn is charitable and takes a safety to run some time off the clock to end the game.
LOL, now that's funny, be sure to show up and see how fast Graham's D really is...

Slick50
11-20-2012, 10:43 AM

You have lost your mind, neither team wins big in this one, jack

Deuce
11-20-2012, 10:46 AM

I will guarantee u that u will not hold Graham to 14 points. This game will be close. I think both sides are going a little crazy saying this will be an easy win for either team.

GR FAN
11-20-2012, 10:50 AM

How did you know my name was Jack??????????

hollywood
11-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Just curious, have u been to a Graham game this year?

I have not. I have seen them in 7 on 7. Good athletes. I like the QB. Good kid from a good family. Met his dad. ;)

Slick50
11-20-2012, 10:53 AM
How did you know my name was Jack??????????

SI told me

Ragin Red
11-20-2012, 11:33 AM
I have not. I have seen them in 7 on 7. Good athletes. I like the QB. Good kid from a good family. Met his dad. ;)
We won't that against you. :spitlol:

hollywood
11-20-2012, 11:44 AM
We won't that against you. :spitlol:

Ok, good. ;)

Inmateboss
11-20-2012, 12:07 PM
COOL!!! A pissing contest!!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-20-2012, 12:09 PM
COOL!!! A pissing contest!!!

Go # 5

Why not? Sterile vs Fertile.

Inmateboss
11-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Why not? Sterile vs Fertile.

Wrong bodily function !!! Smh

Go # 5

Steer81
11-20-2012, 12:28 PM
One thing I'm looking forward to is GR is throwning for 245 yards a game and Graham is giving up 77 yards passing a game on def. But as the Glen Rose Coach said in the Glen Rose paper the Steers have not been challenged on the field other than Wylie and Vernon. Glen Rose has 2459 yards passing Graham has 2456 yards. Who has the better Offence line and holds down the turnovers will win this one. Bring your popcorn! Something has got to give!

Hornet
11-20-2012, 02:15 PM
I have to go with Glen Rose. Many folks thought GR would blow out Brownwood, however, the Wood made great strides an improvement during the season. I think GR handles the Steers and advances to Regional Quarters.

defense51
11-20-2012, 02:16 PM

:iagree: I think it's close either way, but my bet is on Glen Rose by 10.

Steer81
11-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Is it me or most of the folks who say Glen Rose Wins are teams that Glen Rose Beat?

Ragin Red
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Graham by ten or more

hollywood
11-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Graham by ten or more

Glen Rose by 10 or more!!

Deuce
11-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Is it me or most of the folks who say Glen Rose Wins are teams that Glen Rose Beat?
Besides Brownwood posters.

toddg
11-20-2012, 03:12 PM

Must be you...LoL!!

GR FAN
11-20-2012, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Steer81;1719075]Is it me or most of the folks who say Glen Rose Wins are teams that Glen Rose Beat?[/QUOTE

So what your saying is the teams that GR beat are very football savvy.

Deuce
11-20-2012, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=Steer81;1719075]Is it me or most of the folks who say Glen Rose Wins are teams that Glen Rose Beat?[/QUOTE

So what your saying is the teams that GR beat are very football savvy.

What I am saying is the only team that we both played and beat are football savvy!!

GrTigers6
11-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Question for the Graham posters. how many Good spread offenses has your team faced this year. I mean as good as us or yall for that matter. Just curious

Extiger12
11-20-2012, 04:51 PM

The QB is rattled yes but he also gets back on track next play and hits you deep! It's is ignorant to say that either team is going to roll! Two great offenses versus two good defenses!

#1 TEXAN
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Question for the Graham posters. how many Good spread offenses has your team faced this year. I mean as good as us or yall for that matter. Just curious

Y'all will be the best spread offense we have played up to this point. I can promise you that nobody is taking glen rose offense lightly they are very good, but outside of stephenville we will be the best offense you have seen all year.

Rattler
11-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Y'all will be the best spread offense we have played up to this point. I can promise you that nobody is taking glen rose offense lightly they are very good, but outside of stephenville we will be the best offense you have seen all year.

Ill go as far as to say that Graham will be the Best Offense and Defence outside of the ville! And afterwards we can have another debate about that!

#1 TEXAN
11-20-2012, 05:11 PM
There is not a doubt it will be the best defense they have seen.

hollywood
11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Has there been a M&G planned. I'm planning to be at this game and would finally like to meet all the Graham posters. :thumbsup:

Ragin Red
11-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Has there been a M&G planned. I'm planning to be at this game and would finally like to meet all the Graham posters. :thumbsup:
Not yet someone needs to plan one:1popcorn:

#1 TEXAN
11-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Hollywood we will have to plan that once the game starts to make sure it is going in our favor before we want to show our faces....lol

Extiger12
11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Hollywood we will have to plan that once the game starts to make sure it is going in our favor before we want to show our faces....lol

:thumbsup::D

hollywood
11-20-2012, 05:58 PM
I have no dog in this fight. I like to meet 3ADL'ers who talk smack to see how they are in person. Tone is usually totally different in person. lol :1popcorn: :D

Deuce
11-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I have no dog in this fight. I like to meet 3ADL'ers who talk smack to see how they are in person. Tone is usually totally different in person. lol :1popcorn: :D
Lets meet after the game at the local watering hole and Hollywood can buy! Probably will need a couple to celebrate or a few to ease the pain

toddg
11-20-2012, 07:40 PM

was my tone different in person? LOL!

Inmateboss
11-20-2012, 07:45 PM

Yeah it's always good to meet DL'ers !! Got to meet a bunch when we were out west !!! Some good folks for sure!! Haven't been to this stadium before but one end zone should be open at the half!! Lets do it!!

Go # 5

Inmateboss
11-20-2012, 08:11 PM
I wish I was a bookie!!! Prob hit the trifecta on here!!!

Go # 5

bobcat1
11-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Usually you are right. but I am one of the exceptions. I'm a smart arse all the time. :2thumbsup

Dominicfrank
11-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Give me Graham in this one, they have become a much better team since the Wylie game.

GrTigers6
11-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Y'all will be the best spread offense we have played up to this point. I can promise you that nobody is taking glen rose offense lightly they are very good, but outside of stephenville we will be the best offense you have seen all year.That was entirely my point, Both Defenses will be facing tough offenses, So it will be very interesting to see how it plays out!

And Im all for a M&G just name a time and a place!

regaleagle
11-21-2012, 02:44 AM
Give me Graham in this one, they have become a much better team since the Wylie game.

Heck, I think both teams are getting better each minute since this thread started, LOL.

hollywood
11-21-2012, 07:31 AM
was my tone different in person? LOL!

You keep it fun brotha. COBRA, now he is a hoot! Defense51laid back.

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 09:05 AM
hollywood you said you watched us play in 7on7 was it at A&M or where?

hollywood
11-21-2012, 09:33 AM
hollywood you said you watched us play in 7on7 was it at A&M or where?

Tarleton. Y'all were overmatched vs Sville. But showed promise and were athletic.

defense51
11-21-2012, 09:55 AM

Today it is Glen Rose by 9

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Tarleton. Y'all were overmatched vs Sville. But showed promise and were athletic.
Wasn't able to make it to that tournament I was with my younger sons baseball team, heard that the boys said yall (stephenville) were good.

Sville
11-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Heck, I think both teams are getting better each minute since this thread started, LOL.

LMAO! :spitlol:

Grahamerica
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM

Yes Graham was, there were multiple defensive players out for that tournament. Not that it would have changed the end result.

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Yes Graham was, there were multiple defensive players out for that tournament.
:iagree: That is what my son said and thought they could have played better, that is what I like to hear coming from 16-18 yr. olds believing they could play better.

hollywood
11-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes Graham was, there were multiple defensive players out for that tournament. Not that it would have changed the end result.

That's funny. Sville had Gunter and a couple of defensive players out as well. I wasn't going to mention it until you did. lol It's hard to get all players there in the summer months. Especially if the team has already qualified.

hollywood
11-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Just 2 more days for this showdown.

Will Glen Rose bounce back after a physical game with Brownwood? They have something to prove offensively and will come out focused. Graham brings a fast and physical defense to counter though. But so does Glen Rose.

Will Graham be prepared enough to slow down Glen Rose's offensive balanced attack after playing a soft first round opponent? I don't think the blitz is going to work this week against Glen Rose. Glen Rose has more than just a passing attack. But Grahams offense is explosive as well. It's going to take another tough performance from Glen Rose's defense to slow Graham down enough to have a chance to win.

I'm sure both have had real good practices this week. Both teams are pretty evenly matched IMO and will come down to the turnover stats. Who will capitalize on the others mistakes the best?

Still Glen Rose by 10 because they have something to prove.

ccmom
11-21-2012, 10:55 AM
How many interceptions does the Graham defense have so far on the season? A bunch, I know...

Extiger12
11-21-2012, 11:06 AM

Will Glen Rose bounce back after a physical game with Brownwood? They have something to prove offensively and will come out focused. Graham brings a fast and physical defense to counter though. But so does Glen Rose.

Will Graham be prepared enough to slow down Glen Rose's offensive balanced attack after playing a soft first round opponent? I don't think the blitz is going to work this week against Glen Rose. Glen Rose has more than just a passing attack. But Grahams offense is explosive as well. It's going to take another tough performance from Glen Rose's defense to slow Graham down enough to have a chance to win.

I'm sure both have had real good practices this week. Both teams are pretty evenly matched IMO and will come down to the turnover stats. Who will capitalize on the others mistakes the best?

Not to mention the slack of liking between these schools. In the few amount if meetings between theses two schools it wasn't known to be a friendly game. I can remember mccoys senior year when we played them! The coaching staffs were screaming at the other from across the fields! It's always an interesting meeting!

Rattler
11-21-2012, 11:06 AM
22 ints with 7 returned for td.

hollywood
11-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Not to mention the slack of liking between these schools. In the few amount if meetings between theses two schools it wasn't known to be a friendly game. I can remember mccoys senior year when we played them! The coaching staffs were screaming at the other from across the fields! It's always an interesting meeting!

That's a valid point I left out. I remember hearing all about those meetings. lol Case McCoy was a master of crying wolf.

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 11:24 AM

Keep thinking that hoolywood, that is what we like doing taking down the goliaths of the football world. Underdogs rule in this one now I'm going to predict Graham by 14

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 11:25 AM
That's a valid point I left out. I remember hearing all about those meetings. lol Case McCoy was a master of crying wolf.

And yet he still won and your point is............

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 11:30 AM
That's a valid point I left out. I remember hearing all about those meetings. lol Case McCoy was a master of crying wolf.So was his DADDY!

hollywood
11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Keep thinking that hoolywood, that is what we like doing taking down the goliaths of the football world. Underdogs rule in this one now I'm going to predict Graham by 14

It could go that way depending on the turnover ratio. Agree? You don't have to agree naturally. But I know for a fact Glen Rose can flat out play some offense. They had a very below par showing of it vs Brownwood. Maybe Brownwood's defense got that much better since they played Graham and even Gatesville 2 weeks prior. That would be my guess. Who knows for sure, but we'll find out Friday around 5:10 PM. :D

Get ready for a fast pace high octane attack. Glen Rose will be the best team Graham has faced since Abilene Wylie. And, Graham will be the best team Glen Rose has faced since Stephenville.

ccmom
11-21-2012, 11:31 AM
So was his DADDY!

hollywood
11-21-2012, 11:35 AM
And yet he still won and your point is............

No point other than the bitter emotions both of these teams have for each other. lol

Rattler
11-21-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm sure this will be a highly emotional game for each. Tempers will flare and with each and every play, and the fans will keep each team on a high for 4 quarters!

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm sure this will be a highly emotional game for each. Tempers will flare and with each and every play, and the fans will keep each team on a high for 4 quarters!Absolutely, Cant wait, Should be a packed house, well as packed as 2 -3A's can pack it anyway

Deuce
11-21-2012, 12:00 PM
It could go that way depending on the turnover ratio. Agree? You don't have to agree naturally. But I know for a fact Glen Rose can flat out play some offense. They had a very below par showing of it vs Brownwood. Maybe Brownwood's defense got that much better since they played Graham and even Gatesville 2 weeks prior. That would be my guess. Who knows for sure, but we'll find out Friday around 5:10 PM. :D

Get ready for a fast pace high octane attack. Glen Rose will be the best team Graham has faced since Abilene Wylie. And, Graham will be the best team Glen Rose has faced since Stephenville.

Have to agree. This will be the best team we have played since Wylie. Looks to be a good one. We create a few turnovers and keep the pressure on GR's QB, and i think our underdogs from Graham will win this one!

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Have to agree. This will be the best team we have played since Wylie. Looks to be a good one. We create a few turnovers and keep the pressure on GR's QB, and i think our underdogs from Graham will win this one!Not much of an underdog when the voting is 20-18. and score predictions are 28-24.:thinking: Just Saying!

Slick50
11-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Not much of an underdog when the voting is 20-18. and score predictions are 28-24.:thinking: Just Saying!

To hear yall tell it we are. Just saying

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 12:30 PM
So was his DADDY!

Were you at the 09' game where after the game, the GR kid head butted Case while in the hand shake line after the game........pretty sorry if you ask me, I was there and so was some of these boys that will be playing this week.

regaleagle
11-21-2012, 12:40 PM
The winner of this game will be the odds on favorite to win the region in DII. Not saying that will happen(Greenwood/Monahans?), but that's what most people feel. Let's hope for a game that is played relatively injury-free and the best team wins cleanly. I don't see a one-sided affair here, but the secondary of Graham will imo make a big difference in this game. If Graham coaches learned anything from the Brownwood game, I see GR being forced to run more...which could lead to more 3 and outs. Graham's offense I think will be able to move the chains against GR and score. Both teams can quick-strike for big plays and scores. I like the make-up of both teams here, but I just think Graham's ability to match up defensively against that GR offense may tilt the scales just enough in a close ball game like this to make the difference. These two teams could probably play each other several times and have a different outcome each time....but this is the only time they will meet this season. Graham's team is very similar to Argyle's, so I'm going with Graham to win it with their defense making the big stops. Good luck to both teams....I like both teams....but somebody has to lose. GR is a 10 pt or less favorite here, but that means nothing to either team. This will be the GOTW in 3A without a doubt.

hollywood
11-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Were you at the 09' game where after the game, the GR kid head butted Case while in the hand shake line after the game........pretty sorry if you ask me, I was there and so was some of these boys that will be playing this week.

Ragin Red.. all you'll be raging about Friday night is the blur from all the RED in Glen Rose's uniforms while they make TD after TD! lol Oh, and how the refs blew the game! lol ;)

:D

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Were you at the 09' game where after the game, the GR kid head butted Case while in the hand shake line after the game........pretty sorry if you ask me, I was there and so was some of these boys that will be playing this week.Yes I was there but no I missed that action by our player. I was refering to the many times that Coach mccoy would run out past the numbers acting like an official throwing a flag everytime we touched Case. It was not good behavior coming from an AD. Not saying anything about yalls program or players now. Just that rubbed me the wrong way!

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Ragin Red.. all you'll be raging about Friday night is the blur from all the RED in Glen Rose's uniforms while they make TD after TD! lol Oh, and how the refs blew the game! lol ;)

:D
Nah that will be you while driving home to stephenville and saying that both teams you watched got beat on the same day lol:taunt::D

Yoe_09
11-21-2012, 12:45 PM
The winner of this game will be the odds on favorite to win the region in DII. Not saying that will happen(Greenwood/Monahans?), but that's what most people feel. Let's hope for a game that is played relatively injury-free and the best team wins cleanly. I don't see a one-sided affair here, but the secondary of Graham will imo make a big difference in this game. If Graham coaches learned anything from the Brownwood game, I see GR being forced to run more...which could lead to more 3 and outs. Graham's offense I think will be able to move the chains against GR and score. Both teams can quick-strike for big plays and scores. I like the make-up of both teams here, but I just think Graham's ability to match up defensively against that GR offense may tilt the scales just enough in a close ball game like this to make the difference. These two teams could probably play each other several times and have a different outcome each time....but this is the only time they will meet this season. Graham's team is very similar to Argyle's, so I'm going with Graham to win it with their defense making the big stops. Good luck to both teams....I like both teams....but somebody has to lose. GR is a 10 pt or less favorite here, but that means nothing to either team. This will be the GOTW in 3A without a doubt.

Don't forget about Gatesville.

hollywood
11-21-2012, 12:45 PM

Not a bad take on the game except you're forgetting that Glen Rose can run the ball very effectively, especially if they have success throwing it as well. ;)
And you forgot about another showdown for GOTW in 3A.... Coldspring vs La Marque. That will be a showdown right there.

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Nah that will be you while driving home to stephenville and saying that both teams you watched got beat on the same day lol:taunt::DYeah Kennedale and Graham:wave::taunt::D

Slick50
11-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Nah that will be you while driving home to stephenville and saying that both teams you watched got beat on the same day lol:taunt::D

Dont worry Red he still knows he bleeds maroon and is playing basketball. Bandwagon jumper

hollywood
11-21-2012, 12:48 PM

You said it! The 2 teams I watched lose will more than likely be Kennedale and Graham. lol

:taunt: back at ya! :clap:

Slick50
11-21-2012, 12:49 PM
We will be doing this http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/smileys-drinking-beer.gifafter we beat yall

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes I was there but no I missed that action by our player. I was refering to the many times that Coach mccoy would run out past the numbers acting like an official throwing a flag everytime we touched Case. It was not good behavior coming from an AD. Not saying anything about yalls program or players now. Just that rubbed me the wrong way!
Just as I was there too and that to rubbed me the wrong way and how the coaches handled it after the mei-leigh was over. Same here but to bring it up makes me think.....I sure hope not for both teams sake. I sure hope both programs have matured and none of that happens in this game. Good luck to both teams and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

hollywood
11-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Dont worry Red he still knows he bleeds maroon and is playing basketball. Bandwagon jumper

Wrong again Slick50. Come to the meet and greet. I'll introduce you to my kids if they decide to go. They'll be in Blue and Gold. Besides, I still support Brownwood. Have I ever not?

regaleagle
11-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Don't forget about Gatesville.

You've really got a loaded region here in DII.....Gatesville, Shallowater, Monahans/Greenwood....are all big time contenders against the winner of this one.

Ragin Red
11-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Not a bad take on the game except you're forgetting that Glen Rose can run the ball very effectively, especially if they have success throwing it as well. ;)
And you forgot about another showdown for GOTW in 3A.... Coldspring vs La Marque. That will be a showdown right there.

Do you not think Graham has a running game, and yes it is a very good one to might I add. Dillon and Hagen will be running wild.

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Just as I was there too and that to rubbed me the wrong way and how the coaches handled it after the mei-leigh was over. Same here but to bring it up makes me think.....I sure hope not for both teams sake. I sure hope both programs have matured and none of that happens in this game. Good luck to both teams and Happy Thanksgiving to all.Well considering the only players involved would of had to been freshman for that game. I would think that it would be behind them however there will always be the Desire to out do the other program. I guess that is the competitive nature of all of us. I know Our program is much better than years past at controlling poor behavior as Im sure yall 's is too. Neither one of thes teams would be here if we sunk down to that level. And Like you I hope it continues this week! Good luck and we need to figure out a meet and greet place, before during or after the game

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 12:58 PM
You've really got a loaded region here in DII.....Gatesville, Shallowater, Monahans/Greenwood....are all big time contenders against the winner of this one.Yes no matter who wins this game or any games this round in DII region 1 It wont get any easier from here on out. A Semi Final birth no matter the path will be well earned!

#1 TEXAN
11-21-2012, 01:01 PM
22 ints with 7 returned for td.

I'm gonna say 24 and 8 after Friday!

Deuce
11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm gonna say 24 and 8 after Friday!
If that happens Graham wins!

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 02:58 PM
If that happens Graham wins!

Not Necassarily!. Brownwood had three picks in the 1st half last week and it didnt help them any. It would depend on when they occur in the game

Deuce
11-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Not Necassarily!. Brownwood had three picks in the 1st half last week and it didnt help them any. It would depend on when they occur in the game

So are u saying we will get some picks? Lol

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Nope just if you do not guaranteed win LOL

hollywood
11-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Bretton had only thrown 3-4 interceptions all year prior to last week. Glen Rose has played against a few strong defenses too and not just softies. Brownwood had a great game plan defensively and with Bretton having an uncharacteristic night, resulted into 3 int's. I'm sure Graham is paying attention to that. But you also have to see it through the eyes of the Glen Rose staff. They know they were exposed against a heavy blitzing Brownwood D. Props to the Lions! You can bet they will have an answer for it. Glen Rose has a very athletic team and can adjust. I personally think Glen Rose was trying to get up quick on Brownwood and were taking risks down field too much. Once they just started throwing short high percentage passes and running the ball, Brownwood couldn't stop them. This is going to be a great match up between two teams that are very similar. Has that already been said? Lol

How's Graham's kicker. Glen Rose has a good one.