PDA

View Full Version : Region I AREA GotW: Graham(10-1) Vs. Glen Rose(10-1)

Pages : 1 [2]

toddg
11-21-2012, 07:43 PM
I want to go to this game, but the wife is giving me grief about it! We will see who wins this battle..,

Extiger12
11-21-2012, 07:43 PM
That's a valid point I left out. I remember hearing all about those meetings. lol Case McCoy was a master of crying wolf.
I can remember one of our players saying something to Case after he sacked him that I may not be able to repeat on here. But the face on case was priceless... GR folks might know what I'm talking about.

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 07:47 PM
I want to go to this game, but the wife is giving me grief about it! We will see who wins this battle..,

If you have a pair at all!!! Lol my wife is giving me grief too well not really she just said she was gonna stay at deer camp. But I'm going so I have a pair. Just don't tell her I said that lol

hollywood
11-21-2012, 08:15 PM

Lol! Keep us posted on the progress. :1popcorn:

:D

GR FAN
11-22-2012, 01:59 AM
The QB is rattled yes but he also gets back on track next play and hits you deep! It's is ignorant to say that either team is going to roll! Two great offenses versus two good defenses!
IGNORANT, really??? Go suck up elsewhere. Our QB, hasn't been rattled all year, they are 10-1, with their only loss being Sville, in which he was never rattled, played lights out, and damn near pulled the upset. rattled to me means, scared, confused, nervous, unsure, that kid, that class, that whole team, the coaches etc, none of them are any of those. Teams, especially made of teens, won't always play to their potential, but when GR, is hitting on all cylinders they are tough, and yes, I expect them to be back on track and I expect them to win big, so take ur "ignorant" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

defense51
11-22-2012, 03:47 AM
I think Extiger12 is right, neither team rolls. This game is probably a shootout between two great offenses, and two good offenses. The team that gets the offense going and keeps it going wins, still sticking with GR by 9.

toddg
11-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Lol! Keep us posted on the progress. :1popcorn:

:D

ToddG 2http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10404/sumo~0.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Wife 1http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/misc/smiley-vault-misc-027.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)..so far..http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13418/thumb_coffeebath5B15D.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

Extiger12
11-22-2012, 07:35 AM
IGNORANT, really??? Go suck up elsewhere. Our QB, hasn't been rattled all year, they are 10-1, with their only loss being Sville, in which he was never rattled, played lights out, and damn near pulled the upset. rattled to me means, scared, confused, nervous, unsure, that kid, that class, that whole team, the coaches etc, none of them are any of those. Teams, especially made of teens, won't always play to their potential, but when GR, is hitting on all cylinders they are tough, and yes, I expect them to be back on track and I expect them to win big, so take ur "ignorant" and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Woah woah woah I'm on your side buddy! I have played with theses guys I know the heart and soul they put into this sport! I know they are good! I was not bashing my own team at all intact I was doing the opposite! Yes I do want them to roll over Graham, but is it going to happen no probly not! Are they going to win, yes that have a great chance of winning and I expect them too! Bretton was rattled this last week! He was throwing scared at first.... From what I heard! But he got back on track like I said he always does and pulled through to help the tigers gain a victory. Read what I say before you start bashing a hometown fan.

GRTIGER
11-22-2012, 07:36 AM
graham we will be happy to warm ur bus up for the long ride home......

Deuce
11-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Woah woah woah I'm on your side buddy! I have played with theses guys I know the heart and soul they put into this sport! I know they are good! I was not bashing my own team at all intact I was doing the opposite! Yes I do want them to roll over Graham, but is it going to happen no probly not! Are they going to win, yes that have a great chance of winning and I expect them too! Bretton was rattled this last week! He was throwing scared at first.... From what I heard! But he got back on track like I said he always does and pulled through to help the tigers gain a victory. Read what I say before you start bashing a hometown fan.

Lol, GR fans so scared they might get beat that they are arguing with each other!

GRTIGER
11-22-2012, 09:04 AM
sorry deuce GR not scared of notta, we have no fear, we play with heart, we r champions

hollywood
11-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Bretton did get rattled a little in last weeks game. His passes were well off target. He'll be back in true form this week. Brownwood kept bringing the house all night. But the Brownwood QB Keesee was even more rattled. He got sacked more than a couple of times where I didn't know if he wanted to get up. Graham's QB will get to know #9 from Glen Rose real well tomorrow.

Deuce
11-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Bretton did get rattled a little in last weeks game. His passes were well off target. He'll be back in true form this week. Brownwood kept bringing the house all night. But the Brownwood QB Keesee was even more rattled. He got sacked more than a couple of times where I didn't know if he wanted to get up. Graham's QB will get to know #9 from Glen Rose real well tomorrow.

#9 better have some wheels if hes gonna catch our QB.

GrTigers6
11-22-2012, 10:28 AM
#9 better have some wheels if hes gonna catch our QB.dont worry he does.

Extiger12
11-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Lets just say he won state in powerlifting in the offseason and recording a 4.8 40! He is talented with size,speed,and strength! Lol

toddg
11-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Happy thanksgiving! Good luck to both teams tomorrow!

slingshot
11-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Not Necassarily!. Brownwood had three picks in the 1st half last week and it didnt help them any. It would depend on when they occur in the game

Trust me, after playing both--Graham is A LOT better than Brownwood... Graham wins a close one.

hollywood
11-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Trust me, after playing both--Graham is A LOT better than Brownwood... Graham wins a close one.

Graham was a lot better then. How many weeks ago was that? Lol

ccmom
11-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Graham was a lot better then. How many weeks ago was that? Lol

Good point. I'm sure Graham has improved since then. Graham by 14. Hehe

GRTIGER
11-22-2012, 11:18 AM
OH we played Sville and they r alot better than wylie too.......but wylie might not make it that far ouch:taunt:

#1 TEXAN
11-22-2012, 11:21 AM
One thing that would really worry me if was from glen rose is how the lions D found a way to slow the tigers offense if they can hold the tigers to 14 I'm having a hard time seeing where the tigers will find more then 7 on the steers. Just a thought... I have being watching some film on the tigers there defense isn't impressing me at all, I could be wrong but IMO if the tigers even remotely struggle moving the ball early they will be to far behind to catch up. I will give credit to #9 he makes plays but he won't be near enough to slow the steers offense.

#1 TEXAN
11-22-2012, 11:24 AM
The ville better watch what they wish for calling out the dawgs, they will not push Wylie around the bulldogs have the best offense and defense front I have seen in a long time the villes D hasn't impressed anyone when they have played good compition.

hollywood
11-22-2012, 12:05 PM
One thing that would really worry me if was from glen rose is how the lions D found a way to slow the tigers offense if they can hold the tigers to 14 I'm having a hard time seeing where the tigers will find more then 7 on the steers. Just a thought... I have being watching some film on the tigers there defense isn't impressing me at all, I could be wrong but IMO if the tigers even remotely struggle moving the ball early they will be to far behind to catch up. I will give credit to #9 he makes plays but he won't be near enough to slow the steers offense.

It's a perspective. Whether yours is more accurate than others is to be determined tomorrow. On the flip side, if I were Graham, I wouldn't be thinking what you just posted. I feel that Brownwood was one of the most improved teams out of Region 1.

hollywood
11-22-2012, 12:05 PM

It's a perspective. Whether yours is more accurate than others is to be determined tomorrow. On the flip side, if I were Graham, I wouldn't be thinking what you just posted. I feel that Brownwood was one of the most improved teams out of Region 1.

hollywood
11-22-2012, 12:10 PM
The ville better watch what they wish for calling out the dawgs, they will not push Wylie around the bulldogs have the best offense and defense front I have seen in a long time the villes D hasn't impressed anyone when they have played good compition.

Abilene Wylie is good. No question. Better than Stephenville, that's to be determined. If both take care of business tomorrow, it'll be on like donkey kong jack! Are you planning to come watch that game if it happens?

#1 TEXAN
11-22-2012, 12:26 PM
If graham Isn't playing I won't miss it I think that would be a great matchup between the two best in 3a.

defense51
11-22-2012, 01:12 PM
I think Extiger12 is right, neither team rolls. This game is probably a shootout between two great offenses, and two good defenses. The team that gets the offense going and keeps it going wins, still sticking with GR by 9.
Fixed it, that's what it was supposed to say.

Extiger12
11-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Lol, GR fans so scared they might get beat that they are arguing with each other!

Still trying to think of how I was talking mess about GR? :confused:

Slick50
11-22-2012, 04:27 PM

You weren't it was your buddy GR FAN calling you out. Hehe:1popcorn:

Slick50
11-22-2012, 04:28 PM
If graham Isn't playing I won't miss it I think that would be a great matchup between the two best in 3a.

Oh dont worry Graham will still be playing.

Slick50
11-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Happy Thanksgivinghttp://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/party/beer-bong-smiley-emoticon.gif http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/4th-july/barbecue.gif
Cant wait for tomorrow

#1 TEXAN
11-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Lets hear score predictions.. I'm gonna up my score 34-21 steers

Rattler
11-22-2012, 05:48 PM
41-21 Graham

hollywood
11-22-2012, 06:25 PM
34-24 Glen Rose

toddg
11-22-2012, 08:06 PM
35-34 Graham

hollywood
11-22-2012, 08:16 PM
EVAN REN'S BIG COUNTRY PLAYOFF PICKS

(Projected winners capitalized)

CLASS 3A DIVISION II

REGION I

Graham (10-1) vs. GLEN ROSE (10-1), 5 p.m. Friday, Porcupine Stadium, Springtown

hollywood
11-22-2012, 08:28 PM
PLAYOFF FOOTBALL CAPSULES

By Zach Duncan
Published Thursday, November 22, 2012

CLASS 3A DIVISION II

GRAHAM (10-1) vs. GLEN ROSE (10-1)

Game Site: Springtown

Kickoff Time: 5 p.m. Friday

Last week: Graham jumped all over Lake Worth and coasted to a 44-7 win. Glen Rose trailed at halftime before beating Brownwood, 14-10.

Game Summary: Glen Rose is one of the regions's favorites and with good reason. The Tigers have next-level talent at every skill position with quarterback Colton Bretton (2,699 yards, 28 TDs), tailback Cody Burtscher (1,424 yards, 22 TDs) and receiver Justin Weatherly (61-1,266-10). Against most quality opposition, Glen Rose has been getting into high-scoring contests, and Graham certainly has the personnel to put points up in a hurry, as Lake Worth can attest. The Steers need a solid outing from QB Ben Davis, who has only thrown five interceptions in 261 attempts. A key matchup will be Graham center Ben Hays versus Glen Rose nose guard Jared Thames (7.5 sacks). Bretton has only seven INTS this year, but three came in last week's narrow escape and the Steers are a ball-hawking bunch. These two teams have played at a high level all year and this has the makings of being a classic.

Players to Watch: (G) RB Dillon Gonzales; S Jerrod Mahan; LB Hunter Walls; (GR) LB Senovio Delagarza; DB Kevin Uehlein.

Coach's Quote: "We're going to need to score some points, and I think we can. We're clicking on offense right now and we're pretty much healthy." — Graham's Kenny Davidson

Pigskin Prep says: Glen Rose by 8.

Extiger12
11-22-2012, 08:41 PM
I am going to say 35-31 GR wins late!

BullBoy
11-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I bet this will be a hell of a game, definately gonna go check this one out.

I'm going with Glen Rose by 7

J2M2SR
11-22-2012, 09:17 PM
I think GLen rose pulls it together and wins by 10

Inmateboss
11-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Turnovers will decide this game, and we like that!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Extiger12
11-22-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't think I have seen a matchup of two high caliber teams so evenly matched on paper. Looks to be a exciting matchup! The winner will most definately represent region one very well! GRNation lets go!

hollywood
11-22-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't think I have seen a matchup of two high caliber teams so evenly matched on paper. Looks to be a exciting matchup! The winner will most definately represent region one very well! GRNation lets go!

They are? I thought Graham was bigger, stronger and faster and Glen Rose didn't have a chance.

*According to the Graham peeps.

#1 TEXAN
11-23-2012, 12:24 AM
They are? I thought Graham was bigger, stronger and faster and Glen Rose didn't have a chance.

I don't think any Graham poster said that YET....

GRTIGER
11-23-2012, 01:31 AM
tick tock tick tock graham going down warm up the bus and put the basketball uniforms on:taunt:

GR FAN
11-23-2012, 01:53 AM
I picked GR to win big. I take offense to you considering it ignorant.

GrTigers6
11-23-2012, 06:27 AM
My guess is 35-30 GR
If this game turns into a blowout it will be from late turnovers giving momentum to the team creating them.
It definitely could go either way but I feel this gr team has that knack for finding ways to win the game.

Extiger12
11-23-2012, 07:35 AM
I picked GR to win big. I take offense to you considering it ignorant.

I just don't think it is going to be a blow out! I wish it is and I hope it is but reality might have something to say about that! I'm a GR fan I want them to win, I'm not saying they will lose but that they will win in a close game. No need to take offense.

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 08:06 AM
GR is (thump) playing good( thump thump) and I hope they continue (thump thump thump) to win, but it's gonna be with a bigger round ball! THUMP THIMP THUMP THUMP !!!!!

Go # 5

Deuce
11-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Get your hook out of these waters

GRTIGER
11-23-2012, 08:48 AM
we have lots of balls and they r round, not sure about the thump part because we r not steers. THAT JUST HAPPENED

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 08:52 AM

Yes, and your point is???

Go # 5

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 08:55 AM
we have lots of balls and they r round, not sure about the thump part because we r not steers. THAT JUST HAPPENED

Well that's a good thing!!! Y'all are gonna need all those round "balls" after tonight!!! Thump thump thump!!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Yes, and your point is???

Go # 5

Graham getting whooped today! That's the point. Lol

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Graham getting whooped today! That's the point. Lol

Save your money!!! A Dr Pepper says Graham wins, and another one says you made a bad bet!!!! And I'll give you a 10% discount if you want to pay me before the game starts!!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Save your money!!! A Dr Pepper says Graham wins, and another one says you made a bad bet!!!! And I'll give you a 10% discount if you want to pay me before the game starts!!!

Go # 5

Lol! We'll just talk about the game at the M&G. If Graham is winning, it's because Glen Rose sent their JV. lol

ccmom
11-23-2012, 10:14 AM
JW, you will enjoy watching Inmateboss's son play. He's a playmaker!!

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Thanks cc mom!! Hope he has another good game and everybody walks off the field knowing they gave a 100% and are healthy!!!

Go # 5

outback81
11-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Graham 34 Glen Rose 14

hollywood
11-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks cc mom!! Hope he has another good game and everybody walks off the field knowing they gave a 100% and are healthy!!!

Go # 5

I agree!! What position does your son play? I love watching good athletes!

hollywood
11-23-2012, 10:50 AM

cclush, what # is he? Good luck today. Wish I could make it. SA is a little far to drag the kiddos all over Texas! lol

Deuce
11-23-2012, 10:56 AM
cclush, what # is he? Good luck today. Wish I could make it. SA is a little far to drag the kiddos all over Texas! lol
#5. Probably be playing both sides of the ball tonight.

outback81
11-23-2012, 10:58 AM

hollywood Graham is loaded with great athletes!

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 11:12 AM

He plays all over, he wears many hats!!! # 5 Jerrod Mahan

Go # 5

ccmom
11-23-2012, 11:14 AM

#5 Jerrod Mahan. Ragin Red's boy is fun to watch, too. I think he's number 10. My memory is not so good, but he's a player. Inmateboss makes it easier on me because he includes the number in his sig! ;)

ccmom
11-23-2012, 11:24 AM
#5 Jerrod Mahan. Ragin Red's boy is fun to watch, too. I think he's number 10. My memory is not so good, but he's a player. Inmateboss makes it easier on me because he includes the number in his sig! ;)
Oops he's number 3! Told you my memory was bad!

garciap77
11-23-2012, 11:28 AM
He plays all over, he wears many hats!!! # 5 Jerrod Mahan

Go # 5

Go Luck!!! I hope the Steers win!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Go Luck!!! I hope the Steers win!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Thanks Garcia, y'all win big!!! I'm praying for some December football for both of us !!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-23-2012, 12:17 PM
hollywood Graham is loaded with great athletes!

Yes, I observed that from 7 on 7. A good friend of mine played for Graham several years back. 01-03 time frame.

Glen Rose has some great athletes as well. Going to be a slobber knocker!

83Indian
11-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Love reading the confidence of the graham fans. I'll revise this to a 7 point game.

Glen rose 35
Graham 28

I'll be there after watching ville

GR FAN
11-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Whats the weather like in Graham today. Wind is blowing 100mph in GR right now.

Extiger12
11-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Whats the weather like in Graham today. Wind is blowing 100mph in GR right now.

What's it matter the game is in Springtown?? :confused:

Deuce
11-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Forecast for game time is 57 degrees and 12 mph winds.

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Not too bad blowing about 5-10 cool but not cold!!

Go # 5

Steer81
11-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Love reading the confidence of the graham fans. I'll revise this to a 7 point game.

Glen rose 35
Graham 28

I'll be there after watching ville by 83 INDIAN

Glen Rose MAY win this one but I will say there is NO WAY that GR scores 35 against Graham! Wyile is 10 times better than GR and they put up 31. Graham wins the turnover battle and wins the game. 21-17!

BullBoy
11-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Is this game going to be streamed online? Couldn't find a baby sitter so i'll be at home listening if anyone knows a website I can listen to it at.

GrTigers6
11-23-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure but you can try 90.5 krtl tarleton radio station

BullBoy
11-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Is this game going to be streamed online? Couldn't find a baby sitter so i'll be at home listening if anyone knows a website I can listen to it at. Nevermind, just got to the stadium. Sitting on the Graham side, Glen Rose is packed on their side.
Good luck to both teams

Tejastrue
11-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Graham up 7-0 in the 1st.

#1 TEXAN
11-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Graham up 7-0 in the 1st.

14-0 steers rolling!!!

J2M2SR
11-23-2012, 06:32 PM
14-0 rut roh...

lsimm1413
11-23-2012, 06:37 PM
RB #22 not playing for Glen Rose right now.

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 06:42 PM
No surprise...

lsimm1413
11-23-2012, 06:42 PM
14-7 Graham

Tejastrue
11-23-2012, 06:57 PM
21-14 Graham late 2nd

83Indian
11-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Graham 21
Glen rose 14

4 42 in half

Just got here to see glen rose drive and score. Noticed # 22 for glen rose is not playing

83Indian
11-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Graham just drove the field with no problems

Graham 28
Glen rose 14

lsimm1413
11-23-2012, 07:04 PM
He hasn't played at all, got injured last week. May play limited if at all.

83Indian
11-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Glen rose drives and scores

Graham 28
Glen rose 21

#22 for glen rose came in and got the TD run

83Indian
11-23-2012, 07:12 PM
He hasn't played at all, got injured last week. May play limited if at all.

That's a major blow. He plays defense also doesn't he

#1 TEXAN
11-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Graham has giving up 3 big plays letting glen rose stay in game this game should be over.

BullBoy
11-23-2012, 07:14 PM
That catch by the Glen Rose kid was insane! Glad i came to watch this game, hopefully it turns into a shoot out.

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Any turnovers?

#1 TEXAN
11-23-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't understand why we are rotating safety both time backup has been in he has have up two big catches.

lsimm1413
11-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Yes he's the starting safety and just as good on that side of the ball.

83Indian
11-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Graham has giving up 3 big plays letting glen rose stay in game this game should be over.

That's how we felt last week. I agree tho. The steers look more solid than gr in the little I have seen so far

83Indian
11-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Graham drives to open second half

Graham 35
Glen rose 21

Glen rose defense getting blown up

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Glen Rose is way overrated. We just didn't have the O to prove it :(

83Indian
11-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Glen Rose is way overrated. We just didn't have the O to prove it :(

With 22 out glen rose has no run game. This is about to get out of reach

83Indian
11-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Graham 42
Glen rose 21

2 09 left in third

Matthew328
11-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Graham serving some notice, I thought Glen Rose was a shade overrated by some

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 08:07 PM
By Stephenville and Alvarado!

regaleagle
11-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Sounds like Graham is much better than GR. They only lost to AW just like Argyle did in Week 0. I'd say Graham is gonna be a great game against Gatesville for the DII final. That's my pick of the 2 teams, anyway. Or will they meet in Round 3???

83Indian
11-23-2012, 08:10 PM
End of third

Graham 42
Glen rose 21

Gr driving on graham 29

83Indian
11-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Graham intercepts on 1 yard line

hollywood
11-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Sounds like Graham is much better than GR. They only lost to AW just like Argyle did in Week 0. I'd say Graham is gonna be a great game against Gatesville for the DII final. That's my pick of the 2 teams, anyway. Or will they meet in Round 3???

I know it's easy for some to make those assessments from afar that Glen Rose is overrated. The last 2 weeks they have really struggled. Their top athlete (words from some Glen Rose peeps) #22 got hurt in the Brownwood game and is out for most of this game. They have played really good football just a few weeks ago. I watched it first hand. If you haven't, you can't have viable input.

hollywood
11-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Not taking anything away from Graham because they looked as good as I expected. They aren't very big overall but quick. Glen Roses wheels have fallen off. They have the talent, I think it's psychological more than anything. These are impressionable kids we're talking about here.

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Hollywood they kept it close with Sville and beat an average Alvarado team. They weren't as good as you think. Sorry

83Indian
11-23-2012, 08:23 PM
I know it's easy for some to make those assessments from afar that Glen Rose is overrated. The last 2 weeks they have really struggled. Their top athlete (words from some Glen Rose peeps) #22 got hurt in the Brownwood game and is out for most of this game. They have played really good football just a few weeks ago. I watched it first hand. If you haven't, you can't have viable input.

Glen rose d got dominated by the graham o. They finally just punted

hollywood
11-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Hollywood they kept it close with Sville and beat an average Alvarado team. They weren't as good as you think. Sorry

Did you see them play this year Tin Cup?

regaleagle
11-23-2012, 08:26 PM
All that matters is who advances, regardless of injuries....which Argyle sustained tonite with their second leading tackler on the team, Conner Wilson. The worst part is the game was in hand. He also leads the secondary with 8 picks this season. He's a huge loss, so I know what you mean. Next week, Gilmer(or Atlanta?) will benefit immensely from that loss. We lost the SC title game with a loss on the first series to Ian Sadler with an ACL, and a qb playing with 103 temperature and the virus. Argyle got no sympathy. Wimberley reaped the benefits. That's just the way it goes. GR/Graham would have been much better with #22 healthy, no doubt. But alas, it is not to be, unfortunately for GR. Argyle fanbase knows only too well the feeling. And now we have one of our mainstays out for the rest of the playoffs.... a huge loss that can't be replaced.

#1 TEXAN
11-23-2012, 08:27 PM
2nd string in. Glen rose highly overrated.....

mick5302
11-23-2012, 08:27 PM
I know it's easy for some to make those assessments from afar that Glen Rose is overrated. The last 2 weeks they have really struggled. Their top athlete (words from some Glen Rose peeps) #22 got hurt in the Brownwood game and is out for most of this game. They have played really good football just a few weeks ago. I watched it first hand. If you haven't, you can't have viable input. I totally agree. Any team can lose a key player and go down. Some great teams have little depth, so one key injury can really hurt and change a team's chemistry.

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 08:29 PM
I didn't need to. I listened to Brownwood do everything but beat GR. A good offense and solid D beats GR every single time. See SV or Graham

83Indian
11-23-2012, 08:29 PM
3 mins left

Graham 42
Glen rose 21

Graham has a very good team and will give the rest of the region 1 teams all they want.

Great season glen rose.

Good luck to graham steers the rest of the way

GrTigers6
11-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Not to take anything away from graham because they played an outstanding game and kept our defense an our heels the whole game.
But this team looked deflated when the game started when 22 couldn't start or play much. When they finally got it going it was too late because the defense had no answer.
Congrats to Graham. Good luck in the playoffs and
Inmate boss and ragin red it was nice meeting y'all. Maybe we will see each other down the road somewhere.

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Graham pooped the bed against awylie just like we did against graham. Graham is legit and sville better be on full alert or they will be "Glen Rose'd"

83Indian
11-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Gr blocks punt for TD

Steers 42
Tigers 28

hollywood
11-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I totally agree. Any team can lose a key player and go down. Some great teams have little depth, so one key injury can really hurt and change a team's chemistry.

Thank you! That's exactly what happened. Small 3A's like GR depend on only a handful of play makers. GR had #4, #9, #10, and #22 they depend on with #22 being the 2 way stater, team leader, and go to guy. That kind of loss to a team is a huge detriment. Feel sorry for them.

hollywood
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Graham pooped the bed against awylie just like we did against graham. Graham is legit and sville better be on full alert or they will be "Glen Rose'd"

LOL, you have no clue! Wow

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Did 22 play defense?

83Indian
11-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you! That's exactly what happened. Small 3A's like GR depend on only a handful of play makers. GR had #4, #9, #10, and #22 they depend on with #22 being the 2 way stater, team leader, and go to guy. That kind of loss to a team is a huge detriment. Feel sorry for them.

It was big but graham o line blew out glen rose. It could have been closer but graham was still a couple of Tds better at least

hollywood
11-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Congrats to Graham. Great looking team that plays fast with class.

lsimm1413
11-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes he's the starting safety and best athlete on the team. Not that it would have changed the outcome of the game but it would have been a better game.

hollywood
11-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Did 22 play defense?

Normally yes, but didn't tonight. Just a handful of plays on O

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Normally yes, but didn't tonight. Just a handful of plays on O

You don't think the team that you witnessed tonight in graham, who got handled by Wylie, that Wylie and sville won't be competitive?

toddg
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM
#22 was a MAJOR loss for GR..4 year starter, clutch player both defensively and offensively..good season Tigers!
looks like the Steers just took care of business..good luck moving forward to the next round!

regaleagle
11-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Congrats to Glen Rose on the big win and advancing to the 3rd round. Also, a big nod goes to Glen Rose on a great season the school enjoyed this football year. It's a long and tough road to win a regional, much less a SC. Usually at this level, an injury to a key player on the team can make a big difference. Being deep helps alot, but the 3A level and below makes that prospect near impossible. So good health and luck play a major role if the team is already very good. The Tigers competed very well this season.

hollywood
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
You don't think the team that you witnessed tonight in graham, who got handled by Wylie, that Wylie and sville won't be competitive?

Honestly, I think it will be in the first half. If Stephenville plays like they did today, it will take one hell of a team to beat them. 668 yards of offense. Tyler Jones played his best game to date. Sville is peaking at the perfect time against solid teams. I think AW's lack lister schedule could haunt them next week.

Slick50
11-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Dude your full of excuses

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Watching Stephenville for a year makes him all knowing. I'm not saying Sville won't win but they aren't unstoppable and unbeatable. That unreal GR offense was "flat" two weeks in a row and the stout D got blown up. It is what is is.

toddg
11-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Honestly, I think it will be in the first half. If Stephenville plays like they did today, it will take one hell of a team to beat them. 668 yards of offense. Tyler Jones played his best game to date. Sville is peaking at the perfect time against solid teams. I think AW's lack lister schedule could haunt them next week.

i was at Jacket game..they ran a pretty basic gameplan offensively..it was QBs choice on which open reciever to hit all game..sometimes he ran, just to run and i wondered if someone would tackle him...defensively..again, basic gap control..the wildcats sealed the edge a couple of times to hit paydirt, but the jackets kept the wing-t under wraps most of the time.

83Indian
11-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Of course they can. If Wylie can run the ball and get some stops they can win. They won't keep ville from getting some points. The question is will Wylie score enough? Kennedale had some success running the ball. Their Defense was embarrassed by ville today. Just like this game, a couple of stops by glen rose and this would have went down to the wire. Glen rose moved the ball pretty well. Int inside graham 10 hurt there at the end. Graham's d was better than both glen rose and Alvarado.

Pendragon13
11-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Honestly, I think it will be in the first half. If Stephenville plays like they did today, it will take one hell of a team to beat them. 668 yards of offense. Tyler Jones played his best game to date. Sville is peaking at the perfect time against solid teams. I think AW's lack lister schedule could haunt them next week.lol...you really think S'villes schedule was head and shoulders better than ours? I guess convincing wins over teams still alive in the playoffs (Graham, Midland Greenwood, Monahans) is lack luster? Oh, and don't forget about Argyle who could contend for the D2 title..

Our district didn't have any Venuses or Hillsboro's either..;)

hollywood
11-23-2012, 10:06 PM
lol...you really think S'villes schedule was head and shoulders better than ours? I guess convincing wins over teams still alive in the playoffs (Graham, Midland Greenwood, Monahans) is lack luster? Oh, and don't forget about Argyle who could contend for the D2 title..

Lol, you swallowed the hook! Didn't even nibble.

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Any word on the hurt GR player tonight!!! During the game!!

Go # 5

83Indian
11-23-2012, 10:20 PM
lol...you really think S'villes schedule was head and shoulders better than ours? I guess convincing wins over teams still alive in the playoffs (Graham, Midland Greenwood, Monahans) is lack luster? Oh, and don't forget about Argyle who could contend for the D2 title..

Hey now, Venus was 7 and 3 and undefeated when ville played them. Even Max preps the gospel of high school Fb rankings said so

Deuce
11-23-2012, 10:48 PM
I have some crow pie, crow burgers, crow hot dogs, crow soup, crow gumbo, and crow ribs! Who wants a plate first. Hahahahaha! I will give u a buffet full Jacketwood!!

hollywood
11-23-2012, 10:55 PM
I have some crow pie, crow burgers, crow hot dogs, crow soup, crow gumbo, and crow ribs! Who wants a plate first. Hahahahaha! I will give u a buffet full Jacketwood!!

I'll take the sampler platter please. Ain't scared. I already congratulated Graham by the way. A healthy Glen Rose team, physically and emotionaly, would have been a better match up. It is what it is and nothing to take away from a really good Graham team. You have to play with what ya got. Good job Graham. I actually like Graham. Know several from there and wish them all the best from here on out.

* By the way, I sat on the Graham side from the start. Chatted with some good folks.

Sville
11-23-2012, 10:55 PM
I went to this game and that definitely didn't look like the same GR team I had seen in district play. Graham whooped their butt at the LOS. They were gashin them up the middle. The GR D had no answer.

83Indian
11-23-2012, 11:16 PM

Everything but crow gumbo sounds good

Slick50
11-23-2012, 11:19 PM
The only time we punted is when our second string was in. Keep taking jabs at us. We will keep stacking up the trophies.

Rattler
11-23-2012, 11:20 PM
How impresive was that Graham Steer offense? The Graham Defense held them all night long minus 3 big plays and 2-15 yard fouls on 3rd and 4th downs.

Sville
11-23-2012, 11:20 PM
I really enjoyed watching #4 for Graham play LB

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 11:24 PM
No one in Brownwood, Tx is surprised. Congrats Steers!

hollywood
11-23-2012, 11:31 PM
I wasn't surprised at Graham's play at all. Looked exactly as they did in 7 on 7. Athletic, quick, and confident. Good team.

GrTigers6
11-23-2012, 11:31 PM
That's a lie. I know several people from brownwood that are surprised. And brown county for that matter!

Slick50
11-23-2012, 11:32 PM

Thanks for the support.

Inmateboss
I really enjoyed watching #4 for Graham play LB

Hunter walls #4 had a great night!!! Big pat on the back!! They all played great!!!

Go # 5

GrTigers6
The player was carted off with an air cast on his leg. I am not sure what or how bad he is I haven't heard. He is my bosses son so hopefully it's not as bad as it looks

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
That's a lie. I know several people from brownwood that are surprised. And brown county for that matter!

Your relatives do not count. Biased.

GrTigers6
11-23-2012, 11:34 PM
There not all relatives! Some are just friends and deer camp neighbors! Lol

#1 TEXAN
11-23-2012, 11:35 PM

Thanks Tin cup!! They can cry all they want about hurt players there D never stood a chance on our offense we ran a total of about 7 plays all night, like rattler said if it wasn't for some weak calls and graham backing off in fourth and getting second team work this game would have been way worse, at no point in the game could any glen rose fan even think they had a chance.

83Indian
11-23-2012, 11:35 PM
The only time we punted is when our second string was in. Keep taking jabs at us. We will keep stacking up the trophies.
Who is taking jabs?

Inmateboss
11-23-2012, 11:36 PM
The player was carted off with an air cast on his leg. I am not sure what or how bad he is I haven't heard. He is my bosses son so hopefully it's not as bad as it looks

Please let us know! Hate that for any young man to get hurt!! Prayers that its minor!!! Good to meet ya, and we will be around!!

Go # 5

Slick50
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Who is taking jabs?

Jacketwood

hollywood
11-23-2012, 11:38 PM

Dont waist your time GrTiger, it's like arguing with Roy McAvoy to "lay up"! No comprende.

hollywood
11-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Jacketwood

Who's that?

Slick50
11-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I wasn't surprised at Graham's play at all. Looked exactly as they did in 7 on 7. Athletic, quick, and confident. Good team.

All week you said glen rose would win. Go support Stephenville

Slick50
11-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Who's that?

Ask ccmom. He's a maroon yellow jacket.

GRTIGER
11-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Hats off too graham good game good luck in next round

hollywood
11-23-2012, 11:43 PM
I believed they would based on their play I witness's prior to last week. Nothing wrong with that. I gave props to Graham deservingly so. Graham is a good team, no question. Don't get bent out of shape because someone thought the other team would win. Lol

You need to get out more. ;)

hollywood
11-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Ask ccmom. He's a maroon yellow jacket.

Apparently you have an issue with it. Weird

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Jacketwood was wrong about

Alvarado-Gatesville

#1 TEXAN
11-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Graham played a great all around game, they came out strong and never let off hats off to glen rose on a great season they made a great run . We look forward to next week looks like its gonna be greenwood.

GRTIGER
11-23-2012, 11:45 PM
oh slick 50 i was at game ur second string never even entered game until last play. game was to close, so stop making readers think ur team had GR by enough to put in second string

Slick50
11-23-2012, 11:46 PM
I believed they would based on their play I witness's prior to last week. Nothing wrong with that. I gave props to Graham deservingly so. Graham is a good team, no question. Don't get bent out of shape because someone thought the other team would win. Lol

You need to get out more. ;)
You need to stay in more.

hollywood
Jacketwood was wrong about

Alvarado-Gatesville

I was about the outcome no doubt. But ask Gatesville about Alvarado. Have you ever been wrong? Lol

Tin Cup
Jacketwood was wrong about:

Alvarado - Gatesville
Brownwood - Glen Rose (Blowout)
Graham - Glen Rose

Other than that he spot on!

hollywood
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Jacketwood was wrong about:

Alvarado - Gatesville
Brownwood - Glen Rose (Blowout)
Graham - Glen Rose

Other than that he spot on!

What can you say? That's HS football. :D

Tin Cup
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
I've been more right than you and all you keep saying is "have you seen a game."

That's not working for your predictions...

hollywood
11-23-2012, 11:51 PM
I've been more right than you and all you keep saying is "have you seen a game."

That's not working for your predictions...

Who cares? It's just a prodiction.

83Indian
11-23-2012, 11:51 PM
How impresive was that Graham Steer offense? The Graham Defense held them all night long minus 3 big plays and 2-15 yard fouls on 3rd and 4th downs.

Very impressive. I agree on the big plays as well. Could have been a lot worse. Glen Rose fought hard and almost converted that 4 down pass there at the end of the third quarter. Just barely missed #13 open in the end zone and the int in the fourth on the one was a big play. Offensively Graham ust dominated the GR d. A couple of stops earlier and maybe GR makes a game of it. That run sweep killed GR all night. 7 or 8 yards before the back is even touched. I was surprised by the lack of adjustment.

If Graham and Gatesville make it to the region final, that will be a great matchup for Graham. Gatesville QB can scramble and give wr's time to get open. Basically like you said big plays. 4 TD's over 40 yards on passes beat us. Graham will run the ball pretty much at will. We punted once. I would give Graham the edge if this game materializes.

Deuce
11-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Is Hollywood a politician or a lawyer? He talks more BS than Obama! All kidding aside, hope 14 is ok. Hate to see that happen.

Slick50
11-23-2012, 11:54 PM
oh slick 50 i was at game ur second string never even entered game until last play. game was to close, so stop making readers think ur team had GR by enough to put in second string

Your crazy. Yes sir they did. Trying to run clock out until blocked punt. Game was out of hand. Y'all shouldn't even scored the 2nd half. Excuse me punt wasn't blocked we kicked it into the arse of our own lineman. Y'all scored cause of us.

bearbear78
11-23-2012, 11:54 PM
I don't think GR was overrated , they had a great season, their a BIG, fast, and talented group of players so overrated? I don't think so, anyone think maybe the steers are just that dang good!!!

83Indian
11-23-2012, 11:59 PM
I was about the outcome no doubt. But ask Gatesville about Alvarado. Have you ever been wrong? Lol
Gatesville has already validated the game could have gone either way against an average Alvarado team. Looks like Brownwoods D was better than Grahams and Alvarado's.

Deuce
11-23-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't think GR was overrated , they had a great season, their a BIG, fast, and talented group of players so overrated? I don't think so, anyone think maybe the steers are just that dang good!!!
I agree on all points! And yes, Graham looked unbeatable tonight!

yrofthegrtiger
11-24-2012, 12:11 AM

Graham won so congrats to them on a great game . Glen Rose was injury ridden, which is a part of the game so we take our loss with no excuses, but we are proud of the Tigers and thank them for a great effort and great season!

#1 TEXAN
11-24-2012, 12:12 AM
Heck if it wasn't for graham burning clock and the BS pass interference call, not to mention the two long pass they completed when our starting safety was on the bench.... This game could have easily been 56-14 or worse.......

Tin Cup
11-24-2012, 12:16 AM
I wish GR was completely healthy. They would still lose 10/10 times. It was a good run GR.

As my good friend Jacketwood says, "THAT'S A FACT JACK!"

Slick50
11-24-2012, 12:27 AM
I wish GR was completely healthy. They would still lose 10/10 times. It was a good run GR.

As my good friend Jacketwood says, "THAT'S A FACT JACK!"

You mean your friend SI

defense51
11-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Congrats Graham

hollywood
11-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Graham, your team is good. No question. The players and coaches deserve the credit. I will say this, if Graham and Brownwood met again, the outcome would most likely be a lot closer.

Reminder, these are 15-18 year olds playing the game. On any given week, any team can lay an egg.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 12:56 AM

Graham looked good

Grahamerica
11-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Graham, your team is good. No question. The players and coaches deserve the credit. I will say this, if Graham and Brownwood met again, the outcome would most likely be a lot closer.

Reminder, these are 15-18 year olds playing the game. On any given week, any team can lay an egg.

There are no more what if's, so stop going there. If you keep on Brownwood will ask you to turn your fan card in so they can give it out to someone that will respect it and use it as a true fan.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 01:19 AM
There are no more what if's, so stop going there. If you keep on Brownwood will ask you to turn your fan card in so they can give it out to someone that will respect it and use it as a true fan.

Lighten up, this is a message board. ;) it's all in fun, right? Lol. Wow

Grahamerica
11-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Lighten up, this is a message board. ;) it's all in fun, right? Lol. Wow

There is nothing to lighten up about, you are constantly against Graham and always find something bad to say about them. Leave the Graham threads and go to Stephenvilles.

ccmom
11-24-2012, 01:33 AM
There is nothing to lighten up about, you are constantly against Graham and always find something bad to say about them. Leave the Graham threads and go to Stephenvilles.

Guess I missed all that? :confused:

#1 TEXAN
11-24-2012, 01:34 AM

Glen rose beat brownwood graham beat brownwood graham strummed glen rose, if brownwood played glen rose again it would be different.

Grahamerica
11-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Guess I missed all that? :confused:

Read all of JW's posts.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 01:37 AM

Not true at all. I like Graham and know several people from there. I never once ripped them or sad anything bad against Graham. Because I had a different opinion of who would win doesn't imply that I'm against Graham doing bad. Just thought Glen Rose would win. The best team won, no question.

ccmom
11-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Who showed for the MnG? I have a few guesses about who didn't. ;)

If any of you met JW, you would surely agree that he's a nice fella. He might dress funny, but he's alright by me. ;)

Deuce
11-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Not true at all. I like Graham and know several people from there. I never once ripped them or sad anything bad against Graham. Because I had a different opinion of who would win doesn't imply that I'm against Graham doing bad. Just thought Glen Rose would win. The best team won, no question.

Yes, the best team won! This group of young men are firing on all cylinders and its fun to watch.

toddg
11-24-2012, 02:58 AM

If any of you met JW, you would surely agree that he's a nice fella. He might dress funny, but he's alright by me. ;)

im in agreeance..if thats a word...oh well, i agree!

GrTigers6
11-24-2012, 06:42 AM

Just me inmateboss and ragin red we had it at 4 so the stephenville people would not of made it in time. The way the field was set up it would have been difficult at half

GRTIGER
11-24-2012, 09:45 AM
thats fine whatever u say slick 50 yall played good game but still do not have what it takes to hold final trophy...... good luck

Rattler
11-24-2012, 10:04 AM
We shall see....Graham is only getting stronger with each and ever practice and game. This group of coaches know exactly how to bring out the very best in each and every young man on this team, and instill each of them with a fire in their bellies that can not be extinguished!!! They fight every day to prove they belong and it will not stop till they hoist the final trophy!

lsimm1413
11-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Any word on the hurt GR player tonight!!! During the game!!

Go # 5

#14 from GR suffered a broken femur last night and is having surgery this morning.

Grahamcheerdad
11-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear yhat good luck to the young man

garciap77
11-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Congrats to the Mighty Steers!!!!!:2thumbsup

Dominicfrank
11-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I watched Vernon and Gatesville and Graham will win that game if it is played. Gatesville was a step better than Vernon but where they beat Vernon was coaching and coaching and Graham is just as good in that area. Graham wins about the same score they beat Glen Rose.

hollywood
11-24-2012, 12:04 PM

Thanks ccmom! Dress funny? I'll make sure to leave the gold grill at home this weekend! ;)

hollywood
11-24-2012, 12:11 PM
If they win this week, which I fully expect, Graham will be challenged from there on out big time. Some real good teams. Winner of Gatesville/Monahans for Reg 1 final. Then probably Argyle or Gilmer in Reg 2 for semis. Winner of La Marque/Navasota will most likely in finals. I'm behind Graham all the way. Good luck!

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 12:17 PM

Only the important people showed for this one!! Pressure was just too high for most!!

Go # 5

Deuce
11-24-2012, 12:20 PM

Only the important people showed for this one!! Pressure was just too high for most!!

Go # 5
I was down there but didnt see anyone but Inmate and Ragin. I figured i could talk to those 2 anytime in Graham, so I grabbed a drink and went back to my seat.

Sville
11-24-2012, 12:29 PM
I didn't make it until the 2nd qtr. from Mineral Wells or I would of liked to meet some of the Grahamites

Inmateboss
11-24-2012, 12:44 PM

Exactly!!! GR played a great game !!! Their people should be proud and rightly so!! They are not overrated!! It's just like rankings, just somebody's opinion that other people believe!!
Are the Steers "overrated", "underrated"? We're just a well coached group of very talented young men on a quest!! Can we be beat? Can we kick some butt? Yes on both accounts!! But all that matters now is we have Greenwood in our sights, and were bringing it to them!!

Go # 5

hollywood
11-24-2012, 01:27 PM
I wish I could have met some of you guys. We didn't get there until middle of first quarter. I went down a few minutes before half and got a Frito pie and drink. Didn't see anyone so we went back to catch the third quarter. Maybe down the road. Good luck this week Grahamies. ;)

I did run into a couple of other GR folks and a couple of Graham friends.

Deuce
11-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Did someone say that Graham didn't have the balls to beat Glen Rose? HAHAHAHA!! NEXT!!

GrTigers6
11-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Did someone say that Graham didn't have the balls to beat Glen Rose? HAHAHAHA!! NEXT!!
Well technically you don't but you did!
LOL good luck the rest of the way. I will be a bandwagon fan!
And sorry I missed you yesterday I got held up by the trainer on my way. Maybe next time

#1 TEXAN
11-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Well technically you don't but you did!
LOL good luck the rest of the way. I will be a bandwagon fan!
And sorry I missed you yesterday I got held up by the trainer on my way. Maybe next time

Thanks for the support we look to keep preparing and keeping this season goin our team is playing with great confidence right now we still have things to improve. It's not gonna get any easier from here on out but I think our team is up for the challenge.

Rattler
11-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Article from the Glen Rose Paper:
http://www.yourglenrosetx.com/sports/article_847fcda8-360c-11e2-9dca-001a4bcf887a.html#.ULE_hU_ZnqE.facebook

Article from Graham paper:
http://grahamleader.com/index.asp?Story=25141

Extiger12
11-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Please let us know! Hate that for any young man to get hurt!! Prayers that its minor!!! Good to meet ya, and we will be around!!

Go # 5
Broken femur on his right leg! I believe he had surgery also! I pray for a quick recovery!

Rattler
11-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Game Highlites!

http://youtu.be/pGS1IzYU4SA