PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them Lake Worth Bullfrogs??!!!!!

Jacket2000
10-14-2001, 02:24 AM
LW 7, Aledo 0
I attended this game tonight, and I was VERY impressed with LW. This is the 2nd Aledo game Ive seen this season,and once again, they did not perform anywhere near their potential. Most of Aledo's LBs were the size of LW's linemen, and yet they couldnt break the end zone. Something is definately wrong in Bearcat land. Im wondering how long before Buchanan finds a "For Sale" sign in his yard.
LW on the other hand, did not let up for one second, even thought they were obviously outmatched(at least one would think so from looking at the players). After the game, you would think LW had just won the Super Bowl. Their defense has now played 28 straight quarters without allowing a TD. Im gonna go out on a limb and pick LW to win Region 1 in Div 2.
J2K

eye of the tiger
10-14-2001, 10:45 AM
hey jacket i wanted to go to the game after it was re-scheduled but couldnt work it into my schedule. lake worth must be awesome. i did read the ft worth star telegram report and it almost seems like aledo lost something when the strom stopped the game on friday night. they were driving with full momentum when the game was stopped. they (according to the report)didnt seem like the same team the next day. never had that happen to me when i played years so i dont know from first hand the effects that can happen after a delay like that. of course both teams had to face the same delay but it seems to have helped lake worth. of course they are "bull frogs"

VWG
10-14-2001, 11:07 AM
The report in the Ft. Worth paper had a quote from an Aledo player about LW blitzing alot. Is this their style of defense?
It would seem to me that LW is doing a great job and hats off to their coaching staff.

Old Cardinal
10-14-2001, 11:56 AM
Good for LW-making a run for it. This business of putting smaller fast REAL athletes as down lineman is getting popular...Ex:WO-Stark. even Virginia Tech. At Bridge City two (now Seniors) at 190#, one 4.6 speed the other 4.65 speed are beating the fat boys to the punch! They played at 165# defensive secondary last year. Also the Bock boy who was the tailback 215 6'2" 4.65 has made an exceptional defensive down lineman. Just because you are big and fat doesn't guarantee you a starting position on many progressive teams across Texas.

Alvaradobacker
10-14-2001, 12:14 PM
I was at the game last night to watch Alvarado's first round playoff opponent. I was impressed with Lake Worth's overall team speed. They had some gazelles playing receiver, and Aledo had no time to throw. Aledo played well defensively to keep the score only 7-0.
I came away feeling Alvarado can play with either team. But given the choice, I'd rather play Aledo. Lake Worth has 3 or 4 guys who can score from anywhere on the field. Aledo's only speedster was #22 and mayber #3 if he could ever catch the ball.

Jacket2000
10-14-2001, 01:03 PM
Alvarado should have no problem disposing of Aledo this year. The point I was trying to make by stating the size difference, was that Aledo should have dominated. At least on the line. But the Bearcats did well just to stay with them. I expect some changes to be made in the Aledo program before next year.
J2K