jason
11-19-2012, 11:45 AM
cotton bowl - texas vs alabama
:1omg!:

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 11:50 AM
cotton bowl - texas vs alabama
:1omg!:
Texas v. Anybody but a&m.......is fine with me. I might in the minority of Aggies cause I hope we never play again in any sport.

jdawg2012
11-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm liking CBS's prediction of the Cotton Bowl. :D

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm liking CBS's prediction of the Cotton Bowl. :D
Why?

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't really care one way or another. Just hoping we get into a good bowl game

Buff42
11-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Texas v. Anybody but a&m.......is fine with me. I might in the minority of Aggies cause I hope we never play again in any sport.

I agree. A bowl against the teasips would be a no-win proposition for A&M.

Pick6
11-19-2012, 03:26 PM
I agree. A bowl against the teasips would be a no-win proposition for A&M.

that is one of the top 10 dumbest things posted on here in the last 10 years.

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 03:30 PM

No way there is usually some pretty dumb stuff posted on here. I m sure you can open any old post dealing w/ college football and there some dumb things. But why is it dumb? Just curious

Pick6
11-19-2012, 03:47 PM
No way there is usually some pretty dumb stuff posted on here. I m sure you can open any old post dealing w/ college football and there some dumb things. But why is it dumb? Just curious

A win over Texas would help give them more of a recruiting advantage. Have that game in the Cotton Bowl with kids from Texas still undecided on where they want to play and that game would help alot of kids make up their mind.

Pick6
11-19-2012, 04:07 PM
And it's still the Texas Longhorns. Mention something about college football in Texas most anywhere in the country and UT is what comes to peoples minds. A&M needs to beat Texas more than Texas needs to beat A&M.

This isn't a homer post, my team will be playing in the National Championship with gold in their helmets. That's just my opinion on a the whole A&M/UT situation.

jdawg2012
11-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Why?

A&M vs. Texas

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 06:06 PM
And it's still the Texas Longhorns. Mention something about college football in Texas most anywhere in the country and UT is what comes to peoples minds. A&M needs to beat Texas more than Texas needs to beat A&M.

This isn't a homer post, my team will be playing in the National Championship with gold in their helmets. That's just my opinion on a the whole A&M/UT situation.

The Aggies need to beat Texas more......not too sure about that. I know your a Notre Dame fan ....but the Aggies gambled and it's paid off to move. That move was made for many reasons but more so to go out and make name for themselves and as most on here like to say get out of the shadow of big brother. Texas imo needs the game more....last week in a post I thanked Deloss for not scheduling the Aggies any more. Said if the Aggies do things right and keep up what they are doing now....there would be nothing the Horns could do to stop them their only chance would of been and out of conference game at the end of the year to beat the Aggies for recruits. That SEC move has done wonders for recruiting in Texas and nationally....I don't subscribe to any recruiting services my 24 year old son does and he relays stuff to me....I don't get too excited about recruiting...but I do know this the old coaching regime did a great job in Louisiana and fixing the relationship with high schools coaches in our state. The new staff is a hit with coaches and recruits right now. The Aggies are about to sign a huge class this year and if I understand only have few spots open and since the Bama win and other success in the SEC the phones have been ringing in the Bright Complex. Our state is huge and there are plenty of players that will fit perfect in either programs.......thank God for scholly limits. or it might be like the 60's early 70's.

Also good luck to the Irish wouldn't call myself a big time fan but being a Catholic has always drawn me a little to them.

Buff42
11-19-2012, 06:08 PM

Hey, we all have our opinions......... :thumbsup:

Here's my thinking: If A&M loses, all the tshirt teasips will say they're still the greatest of them all; if A&M wins, then so what, #9 is supposed to beat #16; if A&M wins big, then it's ONLY because of Johnny Football. We could play Oregon St or UCLA (the teams ranked above and below the horns) with the same exact result and have a better outcome. It's a no-win situation for A&M.

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
A&M vs. Texas

yeah but only one side claims it (or claimed) it as a rivalry and they were only a mid level mediocre team in their old conference. The Aggies left so good riddance...some even think they left the state. That part about leaving the state isn't true I found out when i got my daughters tuition and fees bill we still pay in state....thank God because got another daughter that was just accepted. Out of state tuition for two would killed my wife and me.

texanpride1250
11-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Hey, we all have our opinions......... :thumbsup:

Here's my thinking: If A&M loses, all the tshirt teasips will say they're still the greatest of them all; if A&M wins, then so what, #9 is supposed to beat #16; if A&M wins big, then it's ONLY because of Johnny Football. We could play Oregon St or UCLA (the teams ranked above and below the horns) with the same exact result and have a better outcome. It's a no-win situation for A&M.

It would be smart move by the Cotton Bowl if they have the opportunity to match them up. Proximity would guarantee a good turnout and the TV ratings would be good as well. Plus the irony of it all. Not sure how much I would like the Horns chances but as always with these 2, you can throw the records out.

LionFan72
11-20-2012, 08:56 AM
It would be smart move by the Cotton Bowl if they have the opportunity to match them up. Proximity would guarantee a good turnout and the TV ratings would be good as well. Plus the irony of it all. Not sure how much I would like the Horns chances but as always with these 2, you can throw the records out.

At least the Cotton Bowl would sell out, for sure. I think it would be great for both schools, quit beating a dead horse and move on!

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 08:58 AM
At least the Cotton Bowl would sell out, for sure. I think it would be great for both schools, quit beating a dead horse and move on!

I thought I read that it was already a sell out......only tix are the school allotments.

Aesculus gilmus
11-20-2012, 09:07 AM
I predict the TV ratings outside the state of Texas will be absymally low. (The only people watching elsewhere will be alums of the two schools along with those who are such fanatics they will watch ANY GAME just to be watching football.)

Furthermore, the Cotton Bowl "lost its mojo" once the SWC disbanded and it was declared a non-BCS bowl soon thereafter. If I were an Aggie, this matchup would cap off an EPIC FAIL in terms of going bowling. They are on track to be in a BCS bowl and should settle for nothing less.

For those who don't believe what I say about how this will rate on TV, remember that the LSU-Alabama title game last year was the lowest-rated in BCS history. Believe it or not, the rest of the country is not fascinated with Texas and the Deep South at this point.