PDA

View Full Version : Instant Replay

Sville
11-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I think with the implementation of single site state championships and televising them all, that the UIL should use the instant replay format of the NCAA for championship games. We follow the NCAA rules anyways and with what there is riding in the grand finale I think they should utilize the technology available.

defense51
12-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Leave it the way it is, or use it in every game which isn't plausible, so my answer is "no".

GrTigers6
12-18-2012, 08:48 AM
I think with the implementation of single site state championships and televising them all, that the UIL should use the instant replay format of the NCAA for championship games. We follow the NCAA rules anyways and with what there is riding in the grand finale I think they should utilize the technology available.However we also use UIL exceptions which include Replays. Of course all it says is. " Rule 12 does not apply to UIL Games"

Eagle 1
12-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I think with the implementation of single site state championships and televising them all, that the UIL should use the instant replay format of the NCAA for championship games. We follow the NCAA rules anyways and with what there is riding in the grand finale I think they should utilize the technology available.

I agree.

Red&White_9x5
12-18-2012, 11:33 AM
IMO, you can't use it in the championship games. There is no way to use it in all games, so I don't think you can implement it in the championship

GrTigers6
12-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Now does the replay booth belong to the NFL or does each stadium own them. Because if im not mistaken I think the NFL logo was on it.
I have no idea how that works just thoughts running thru my head:vrycnfsd::D

Old Tiger
12-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Schools just pay an extra head referee to sit in the booth and make the decisions.

IMO, you can't use it in the championship games. There is no way to use it in all games, so I don't think you can implement it in the championship

It's the biggest game of the season with the best resources at the stadiums they are generally held at. Might as well get the most out of so there aren't any controversial games especially for state.

Red&White_9x5
12-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Schools just pay an extra head referee to sit in the booth and make the decisions.

It's the biggest game of the season with the best resources at the stadiums they are generally held at. Might as well get the most out of so there aren't any controversial games especially for state.

I completely understand where you are coming from on this, but who is to say there wasn't a close/ controversial call last week in a semi- final game, or the week before that, or in a big time district game. And let's say the outcome of one of those calls could have changed a playoff winner or a district representative into the state playoffs. All I am saying is no other team in no other game has received the benefits of the ability to use instant replay so i see see how it should be used at this stage of the game

hollywood
12-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Nope!

toddg
12-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Nope!http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/crazy-clown.gif (http://www.sherv.net/clown-emoticon-295.html)....cause they all float!!

zebrablue2
12-18-2012, 06:31 PM

:iagree: They do get (if wanted) two extra wings, which makes a huge difference. 7 man crews should be used in many of the playoff games...

Emerson1
12-18-2012, 11:59 PM
UIL can save the money and controversy by just having a guy in the video room and not have them show 10 angles of a close call. A lot more realistic of an option. 99% of the time cameras from amateurs or highlight shows don't catch what happened close enough so there would be no proof.

scrub c
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM
This is dumb

Phil C
12-19-2012, 12:48 PM
After that bad td call they gave Everman when we played for the championship I would be for it. I doubt it would have affected the final outcome but we would have had a shot at it with 3 minutes left.

bobcat1
12-19-2012, 02:00 PM
No, what would we gripe about all off season if they did?:evilgrin:

defense51
12-19-2012, 03:06 PM
No, what would we gripe about all off season if they did?:evilgrin:

I agree, nothing could be worse than to give us fans visual confirmation that we were either right or wrong!

Phil C
12-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I agree, nothing could be worse than to give us fans visual confirmation that we were either right or wrong!

Unfortunately for us we saw highlight films from the game that clearly showed the Everman Receiver trapped the ball on the last td on a fourth down that would have given us a shot (slim I admit) to win the game.