PDA

View Full Version : WHO CAN BEAT BURNET?

cc700
10-09-2003, 09:06 AM
THERES ONE TEAM THAT I THINK COULD TAKE OUT BURNET.THAT WOULD BE DAINGERFIELD.ALSO IM NOT A DAINGERFIELD FAN.

booger1
10-09-2003, 09:08 AM
Lufkin

District303aPastPlayer
10-09-2003, 09:19 AM
anyone, anywhere, any friday of the year

Megatonpitch
10-09-2003, 09:38 AM
I don't think the question is can anyone beat Burnet, It's will anyone beat Burnet? It all depends on who comes to play..... The team that is the most prepared, mentally and physically, will be the victor. In recent weeks, that has been Burnet.

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Megatonpitch ]</small>

BUDDY
10-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Yes, Daingerfield vs. Burnet would be the best State Championship game. These are probably the 2 best teams in the state. Thing is...... it will not happen. There is no way for Daingerfield to go D1, and of course Burnet will for sure be D1. Maybe some kind of charity game agreed on between the 2 schools afterwards, if both of these 2 schools were fortunate enough to win their divisional titles. WOW, just thinking about it makes me want to start promoting it!

3afan
10-09-2003, 09:44 AM
daingerfield
gilmer
everman
kennedale
greenwood
forney
bellville
navasota
rice cons.

all CAN beat Burnet ... not saying if they played they WOULD, but they COULD ... and there are probably others

MADDAWG04
10-09-2003, 09:47 AM
BUDDY:
Yes, Daingerfield vs. Burnet would be the best State Championship game. These are probably the 2 best teams in the state. Thing is...... it will not happen. There is no way for Daingerfield to go D1, and of course Burnet will for sure be D1. Maybe some kind of charity game agreed on between the 2 schools afterwards, if both of these 2 schools were fortunate enough to win their divisional titles. WOW, just thinking about it makes me want to start promoting it!Of Course, Burnet is a good football team, but not as good as the JASPER DAWGS! They beat us last year, which Jasper could have or should have won. When Jasper go to playoffs this year again,we have our 2nd chance to play them again.

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 09:49 AM
They didn't just 'beat' Jasper, they made it look bad... 'Coulda'? That sounds like 'Awww, we coulda but we didn't feel like it'... Hope this Jasper team this year doesn't think like that...

But to answer the question of 'who can beat Burnet'... Who can't? They're crap...

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

booger1
10-09-2003, 10:18 AM
I bet Newton could give them a run for their money, no matter the school size!

JasperDog94
10-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Come on now MADDAWG04, don't start doing that. Jasper got beat last year and that's that. Let it go. Instead of focusing on a potential game against Burnet, let's focus on those Wildcats and then on those Newton Eagles.

espn1
10-09-2003, 10:47 AM
MADDAWG04:

BUDDY:
Yes, Daingerfield vs. Burnet would be the best State Championship game. These are probably the 2 best teams in the state. Thing is...... it will not happen. There is no way for Daingerfield to go D1, and of course Burnet will for sure be D1. Maybe some kind of charity game agreed on between the 2 schools afterwards, if both of these 2 schools were fortunate enough to win their divisional titles. WOW, just thinking about it makes me want to start promoting it!Of Course, Burnet is a good football team, but not as good as the JASPER DAWGS! They beat us last year, which Jasper could have or should have won. When Jasper go to playoffs this year again,we have our 2nd chance to play them again.Oh Man! That's funny!
http://www.keithleveson.com/Man-laughing.jpg

jason
10-09-2003, 10:51 AM
BUDDY:
Yes, Daingerfield vs. Burnet would be the best State Championship game. These are probably the 2 best teams in the state. Thing is...... it will not happen. There is no way for Daingerfield to go D1, and of course Burnet will for sure be D1. Maybe some kind of charity game agreed on between the 2 schools afterwards, if both of these 2 schools were fortunate enough to win their divisional titles. WOW, just thinking about it makes me want to start promoting it!Burnet vs Forney WILL be the D1 state championship game...

Backwoods
10-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Hey Booger. Give us a break. Newton has nothing to do with this. :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
10-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Backwoods:
Hey Booger. Give us a break. Newton has nothing to do with this. :rolleyes: Huh?

Isn't the title of this thread "WHO CAN BEAT BURNET?"? Sounds to me like he's just answering the question. Newton has other business first though. Like district and hopefully getting past Marlin. I'm rootin' for you guys. :)

Gobbla2001
10-09-2003, 11:03 AM
Ha Ha... JasperDog laid down the law on that one...

booger1
10-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Backwoods:
Hey Booger. Give us a break. Newton has nothing to do with this. :rolleyes: Hey man, I'm saying ya'll could probably beat Burnet! Dang, I didn't mean for you get your panies in a wad about it, I was giving you guys some props about how you could beat a good team! BUT if you want to be like that then I could say that Newton sucks and Burnet could stomp the $h!t out of 'em, is that better! :o Geez, good luck Newton and all their other fans!

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: booger1 ]</small>

JasperDog94
10-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Ha Ha.. booger1 laid down the law too... :D

Backwoods
10-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Booger; I humbly beg your forgiveness. We have our own priorities. though. Next thing you know people will be saying Newton posters say they can beat Burnet. Ain't so. Thank you for your support. Looking forward to seeing you in our place in November. Have fun at Huntington. LOL. :D

<small>[ October 09, 2003, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Backwoods ]</small>

espn1
10-09-2003, 11:28 AM
booger1:

Backwoods:
Hey Booger. Give us a break. Newton has nothing to do with this. :rolleyes: Hey man, I'm saying ya'll could probably beat Burnet! Dang, I didn't mean for you get your panies in a wad about it, I was giving you guys some props about how you could beat a good team! BUT if you want to be like that then I could say that Newton sucks and Burnet could stomp the $h!t out of 'em, is that better! :o Geez, good luck Newton and all their other fans!http://www.keithleveson.com/Man-laughing.jpg

booger1
10-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Backwoods:
Booger; I humbly beg your forgiveness. We have our own priorities. though. Next thing you know people will be saying Newton posters say they can beat Burnet. Ain't so. Thank you for your support. Looking forward to seeing you in our place in November. Have fun at Huntington. LOL. :D OK, I forgive you. I was just saying that ya'll have an super program year after year, not just peaking every now and then. Ya'll could beat Burnet anytime, amybe not this year but who knows, any othe time yes! Good luck to Newton this week! wink

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2003, 01:17 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
anyone, anywhere, any friday of the yearexactly what I was going to say, but you beat me to it.

keepNitKrunk
10-09-2003, 01:20 PM

beefy
10-09-2003, 01:35 PM
burnet stinks.......

Not really. They're pretty dang good. It would be fun to see a Burnet/Forney championship game. I would take Burnet by 10.

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Burnet vs Forney would be great by me!

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Why does everybody want Burnet to get beat? These
young men spent manys hours in the weight room,
run track in addition to football to increase their speed, etc. Other than Burnet beating Jasper
, I would just like to know why you people want Burnet to get beat so badly. Looks like a conspiracy or something. When people visit Burnet our fans welcome you. When we come to your places
we aren't a rowdy bunch. Doesn't anyone like to see anybody doing well? Be happy for us!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

olddawggreen
10-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey Greatbig Burnet Fan, I dont think everybody wants to see Burnet get beat. From what I see there are a lot of well wishers and supporters from around the state that would love to see Burnet go all the way as long as Burnet didnt have to go over their teams to get there. But when your on the top of the list everyone has to hope you fall off so others can move up. Thats just natural. Also I think Burnet has a lot more posters on this site than some of the other schools in 3a that have been in the top spot in the past. I know we are all excited about our team and the chances that they will go all the way this year, but we still have a long and rough road to travel. And one of the things I remember most about Everman last year was that you heard very little out of them on this site during the playoffs. They didnt brag or talk much, they just showed up to win. As always, Burnet can take no one for granted.

whtfbplaya
10-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Maybe, Oklahoma! eek!

RAIDER96
10-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Bellville CAN DO IT!

Backwoods
10-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Keep up the good work Burnet. LOL. :D

Chris Hart
10-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Just keep lining em up, and Burnet will continue to knock them down. When Burnet ceases to do that, then you have the answer to the question. Burnet has the same goal as all contenders, they want it all, and it's going to be great fun to watch all these contenders go for the prize. Go Burnet Bulldogs! :)

PAINTBALL
10-09-2003, 03:40 PM
It looks like most polls agree that Burnet has a good chance to take it all this year and I agree. I don't know what else is out there, and I'm not stupid enough to believe that there isn't a team that can give Burnet a run for their money. When that happens the game will probably turn on mistakes, injuries, or just plain luck. I just have a feeling though, that this is Burnet's year to finally bring home the ring. GO DAWGS

booger1
10-09-2003, 03:41 PM
I hope that Burnet DOES win state! They have worked too hard to be let down this year and so far it looks as if they can do it. But remember, you are at the top right now nad have atarget on your back as you will next year if you win state! Just don't get the bighead and ya'l can do it! Good luck to ya! wink