Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Cowboys by 14!

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 01:33 PM
C'Mon Dallas...:ack!: :ack!:

Bullaholic
11-18-2012, 01:43 PM
'Boys not exactly wowing anybody on offense...

raider red 2000
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Are on tv and not the texans. Major BS.

Blastoderm55
11-18-2012, 01:56 PM

The Texans aren't playing well today. Down by 7 against a backup QB.

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 02:00 PM

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2012/11/cbs-to-air-cowboys-over-texans-in-san-antonio-austin-and-most-of-texas/

coach
11-18-2012, 02:02 PM
This o line is putrid.

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Damn, Scandrick's always commiting stupid penalties...

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Cowboys by 14!

I meant Browns by 14! :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Are on tv and not the texans. Major BS.:) Same thing i say when the Astros would be on instead of the Rangers in foxsports southwest. Evens out for me during football.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2012, 02:17 PM
I meant Browns by 14! :Dstill of by 1 :)

Sville
11-18-2012, 02:19 PM
This game is tough to watch

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 02:22 PM
still of by 1 :)

Lol, close enough. The way Dallas is playing, Cleveland might win by 20+...

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Texas 17 Jaguars 17, 1:12 2nd Q

Txbroadcaster
11-18-2012, 02:25 PM
and I ask again..how is Romo at fault?

Eagle 1
11-18-2012, 02:30 PM
:ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::a ck!::ack!:

I can't believe Jason Garrett is still the hc coach.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2012, 02:31 PM
:ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::ack!::a ck!::ack!:

I can't believe Jason Garrett is still the hc coach.+1....

Sville
11-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Romo is going to be lucky to get out of this game alive. That was a piss poor attempt at a block by Felix on 2nd down and this OL is horrible.

raider red 2000
11-18-2012, 03:16 PM
:) Same thing i say when the Astros would be on instead of the Rangers in foxsports southwest. Evens out for me during football.
Baseball. Seriously. My son gets the remote durring baseball season. We both know it's just baseball.

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Finally!

Nice drive...

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Damn, he was down.

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 03:42 PM
:clap:

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Great stand by the D!

Need a first down now.

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 04:10 PM
:dispntd:

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Great return...

Roughneck93
11-18-2012, 04:52 PM
http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smileys/whew-smiley.gif (http://emoticoner.com)

Eagle 1
11-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I bet Jerry finally called down there to the sideline and said "Kick the ball you Idiots!"......and that's putting it nicely.

bobcat1
11-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I bet Jerry finally called down there to the sideline and said "Kick the ball you Idiots!"......and that's putting it nicely.
You know he did. :fnypost:

Farmersfan
11-19-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm kind of wondering why there isn't a bunch of chatter on here about this game? I can't think of another game where I ever saw the entire team as a group play so poorly as they did in the first half. I think everyone knows my views on Romo and I certainly saw some BIG issues with his first half play with missed open receivers and such but what about Miles Austin coming out of a double move route at a jog and getting overthrown? Or after his huge turnover on a very similar play in a previous game they lost he gets stripped of the ball from behind again? How is he not being held accountable? And it looks like a veteran QB with Romo's experience would understand that you must protect the ball when the pressure gets close. Why does Romo still run with the ball held in 1 hand like a loaf of bread? That is a rookie mistake and should have been corrected this late in his career. I think these are just examples of why this team in on the verge of becoming one of the league's worst. I think Jerry is making the Dallas Cowboys the next Oakland Raiders and he doesn't acknowlege that is a problem....................

Deuce
11-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm kind of wondering why there isn't a bunch of chatter on here about this game? I can't think of another game where I ever saw the entire team as a group play so poorly as they did in the first half. I think everyone knows my views on Romo and I certainly saw some BIG issues with his first half play with missed open receivers and such but what about Miles Austin coming out of a double move route at a jog and getting overthrown? Or after his huge turnover on a very similar play in a previous game they lost he gets stripped of the ball from behind again? How is he not being held accountable? And it looks like a veteran QB with Romo's experience would understand that you must protect the ball when the pressure gets close. Why does Romo still run with the ball held in 1 hand like a loaf of bread? That is a rookie mistake and should have been corrected this late in his career. I think these are just examples of why this team in on the verge of becoming one of the league's worst. I think Jerry is making the Dallas Cowboys the next Oakland Raiders and he doesn't acknowlege that is a problem....................

I think there is no chatter because everyone knows they are terrible and tired of arguing with you about Romo.

Macarthur
11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
I knew FF couldn't resist taking a shot at Romo. He held off as long as he possibly could.

Bullaholic
11-19-2012, 05:01 PM
I knew FF couldn't resist taking a shot at Romo. He held off as long as he possibly could.

Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, with a little help from penalties, won this game in the second half for the Cowboys.

Macarthur
11-19-2012, 05:05 PM
BTW, talking about Romo fumbling, it certainly was not a good job of protecting the ball by Romo, but when you throw the ball 50 times, sacked 7 and hit several more, it's actually pretty impressive that was the only mistake he made.

For reference: QB career fumbles to sack ratio
Romo 7.5%
Brees 8%
Brady 8.6%
Eli 6.4%
Rodgers 6.0%
Ben 8.4%

Deuce
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
BTW, talking about Romo fumbling, it certainly was not a good job of protecting the ball by Romo, but when you throw the ball 50 times, sacked 7 and hit several more, it's actually pretty impressive that was the only mistake he made.

For reference: QB career fumbles to sack ratio
Romo 7.5%
Brees 8%
Brady 8.6%
Eli 6.4%
Rodgers 6.0%
Ben 8.4%

What's impressive is that Romo wasn't hauled out of there on a stretcher!

Roughneck93
11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Speaking of Dallas (and the NFC East in general)...:D

The latest from DJ Steve Porter. I love the ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxhumCkT67Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Roughneck93
11-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Damn, so Jerry was really pleased with the Dallas O-line yesterday? Really? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/stoned-smiley.gif

He had to be talking about the Browns O-line ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4701627/jerry-jones-im-really-pleased-with-o-line

pirate4state
11-19-2012, 09:02 PM
According to JJ nothing is wrong. What a jackass.

Damn, so Jerry was really pleased with the Dallas O-line yesterday? Really? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/smoke/stoned-smiley.gif

He had to be talking about the Browns O-line ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4701627/jerry-jones-im-really-pleased-with-o-line

Farmersfan
11-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, with a little help from penalties, won this game in the second half for the Cowboys.

What I find amazing is how the Brown's defenders were "ALL-WORLD" defenders in the first half so that Romo could not find or hit any open receivers to save his life but then in the second half they suddenly stopped knowing how to cover!!!!! :thumbsup: I've said it a million time, there are open recievers in the NFL on pretty much EVERY play. The difference between passes being completed and passes not being completed is almost entirely based on the decision and recognition of the QB. I saw only 2 quick slants in a game where Romo was being terrorized by the defense. I saw probably 40 slow developing, 5 step drop plays run! Even my wife asked why they aren't throwing the ball faster if they know the O-line was playing bad? All I could do was shrug. I also saw Romo call his "Kill, Kill, Kill" crap at least 15 times and it never once resulted in a good play. NOT ONCE!!!!!! Was the Cleveland defense just that tough to read? Was that defense so outstanding as to completely fool the offense on every play? I think not! All the evidence is in and the jury has come up with a decision. ROMO SUCKED AT ALL PHASES OF THE GAME IN THE FIRST HALF!!! I don't blame the QB for getting blindsided 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. I do blame the QB for getting sacked by pressure right up the middle when he had time to set up and get rid of the ball. He even said in an interview he wasn't capable of making his reads any faster. That seems to me Romo is admitting he isn't capable of handling the pressure so if the other team is having a fantastic day rushing the passer then Romo needs to be benched. Or do we just say we give up because our QB isn't capable of making his reads any quicker and getting rid of the ball quicker? (and be accurate at the same time).

Farmersfan
11-20-2012, 09:27 AM
According to JJ nothing is wrong. What a jackass.

JJ is a moron! I swear that man is the next Al Davis.............

GrTigers6
11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
What I find amazing is how the Brown's defenders were "ALL-WORLD" defenders in the first half so that Romo could not find or hit any open receivers to save his life but then in the second half they suddenly stopped knowing how to cover!!!!! :thumbsup: I've said it a million time, there are open recievers in the NFL on pretty much EVERY play. The difference between passes being completed and passes not being completed is almost entirely based on the decision and recognition of the QB. I saw only 2 quick slants in a game where Romo was being terrorized by the defense. I saw probably 40 slow developing, 5 step drop plays run! Even my wife asked why they aren't throwing the ball faster if they know the O-line was playing bad? All I could do was shrug. I also saw Romo call his "Kill, Kill, Kill" crap at least 15 times and it never once resulted in a good play. NOT ONCE!!!!!! Was the Cleveland defense just that tough to read? Was that defense so outstanding as to completely fool the offense on every play? I think not! All the evidence is in and the jury has come up with a decision. ROMO SUCKED AT ALL PHASES OF THE GAME IN THE FIRST HALF!!! I don't blame the QB for getting blindsided 2 seconds after the ball is snapped. I do blame the QB for getting sacked by pressure right up the middle when he had time to set up and get rid of the ball. He even said in an interview he wasn't capable of making his reads any faster. That seems to me Romo is admitting he isn't capable of handling the pressure so if the other team is having a fantastic day rushing the passer then Romo needs to be benched. Or do we just say we give up because our QB isn't capable of making his reads any quicker and getting rid of the ball quicker? (and be accurate at the same time).

Its funny how you claim Romo is incapable of changing the plays with a kill kill for a positive result when you have no idea what the original play was and therefore dont have any idea if it would have been worse or not.
Also, the entire team sucked in the first half. Not just romo or the offense or defense. They were not mentally ready for that game. And it makes no sense to me why it takes a half time break to change your gameplan instead of doing it right then. They had plenty of time while the defense was letting cleveland walk all over them.

Macarthur
11-20-2012, 10:29 AM
FF, you really do embarrass yourself with this garbage.

Farmersfan
11-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Its funny how you claim Romo is incapable of changing the plays with a kill kill for a positive result when you have no idea what the original play was and therefore dont have any idea if it would have been worse or not.
Also, the entire team sucked in the first half. Not just romo or the offense or defense. They were not mentally ready for that game. And it makes no sense to me why it takes a half time break to change your gameplan instead of doing it right then. They had plenty of time while the defense was letting cleveland walk all over them.

I'm not sure why it even matters what the original play was in this context. But really aren't you doing exactly what you accuse me of doing when you ASSUME the original play wasn't going to work either? But really who cares? The results are the only thing that matters and the results have been horrible lately. That brings me back to my original point weeks ago when I said the results don't normally justify the confusion, false starts and hurry, hurry, hurry panic that the "kill, kill, kill" creates at times.

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2012, 11:10 AM
I saw only 2 quick slants in a game where Romo was being terrorized by the defense. I saw probably 40 slow developing, 5 step drop plays run! Even my wife asked why they aren't throwing the ball faster if they know the O-line was playing bad? .

That on JG..took half time for him to make the adjustment on the play calls

Farmersfan
11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
FF, you really do embarrass yourself with this garbage.

Funny, I don't feel a bit embarrassed Mac! Maybe it's because I understand who my audience is...................:taunt:

Farmersfan
11-20-2012, 11:25 AM
That on JG..took half time for him to make the adjustment on the play calls

Really? I get accused everyday of making comments without knowing what was called and what was going on in the huddle. So I ask you how many plays were called by JG with a audible to a slant available that Romo didn't take? And how many slants were called by JG that Romo audibled out of? We don't know! But what I do know based on a long, long, long history of watching Pro football is that the QB normally has the option of switching ANY PLAY to a quick slant to one side or the other based on what he reads from the defense. I've watched NFL QBs do it for decades. If Romo doesn't have this option available to him then I certainly would be surprised............... Are you saying you believe Romo cannot audible to a quick hitting slant or hitch whenever he wants to?

Macarthur
11-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I've said it a million time, there are open recievers in the NFL on pretty much EVERY play. The difference between passes being completed and passes not being completed is almost entirely based on the decision and recognition of the QB

This really is amazing. Are you familiar with the psychological term 'cognitive dissonance'? I swear you have it.

Your above statement is generally true, but here's where your cognitive dissonance kicks in - You use that basis to criticize Romo who is 6th in the history of the league in completion percentage at 56%. Do you not understand that you are using your own argument against yourself?

GrTigers6
11-20-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure why it even matters what the original play was in this context. But really aren't you doing exactly what you accuse me of doing when you ASSUME the original play wasn't going to work either? But really who cares? The results are the only thing that matters and the results have been horrible lately. That brings me back to my original point weeks ago when I said the results don't normally justify the confusion, false starts and hurry, hurry, hurry panic that the "kill, kill, kill" creates at times.What matters is we dont know if he hadnt audibled if the play would have worked or if it would have been a 10 yard loss. Thats my point you are saying that he made the wrong choices but dont know if it was right or wrong. And I never said the original plays wouldnt have worked I just said they may not have, we dont know

Txbroadcaster
11-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Really? I get accused everyday of making comments without knowing what was called and what was going on in the huddle. So I ask you how many plays were called by JG with a audible to a slant available that Romo didn't take? And how many slants were called by JG that Romo audibled out of? We don't know! But what I do know based on a long, long, long history of watching Pro football is that the QB normally has the option of switching ANY PLAY to a quick slant to one side or the other based on what he reads from the defense. I've watched NFL QBs do it for decades. If Romo doesn't have this option available to him then I certainly would be surprised............... Are you saying you believe Romo cannot audible to a quick hitting slant or hitch whenever he wants to?

They have said many times they have two plays..a pass and a run..and the kill kill is taking the 2nd play

Macarthur
11-20-2012, 12:09 PM
They have said many times they have two plays..a pass and a run..and the kill kill is taking the 2nd play

And as an interesting side note to this, I don't think it's a conincidence that the offense has looked more effective in the hurry up offense. Why is that?

I think it's because the play calling is taken out of JG's hands.

The thing that folks like FF completely ignore is the countless folks that know what they are talking about that speak to this on almost a weekly basis. It was mentioned several times during the broadcast that Romo didn't have anyone to go to. Broaddus tweeted Sunday that WRs were clearly not winning their battles with the DBs in the first half. This morning on the radio, Lombardi talked at lenght about how the design of this offense (specifically the long developing route tree) is nto appropriate for how the offense is constructed (i.e., the OL can't hold blocks that long).

Of course all that is Romo's fault, too.

Farmersfan
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
This really is amazing. Are you familiar with the psychological term 'cognitive dissonance'? I swear you have it.

Your above statement is generally true, but here's where your cognitive dissonance kicks in - You use that basis to criticize Romo who is 6th in the history of the league in completion percentage at 56%. Do you not understand that you are using your own argument against yourself?

I'm thinking you really need to stop using the Word of the Day toilet paper Mac! You learn these big-boy terms but you obviously don't understand what they mean. The fallacy in your statement is that I have never criticized Romo for completion percentage. A high completion percentage in no way disproves or contradicts the claims that I have been making about Romo. So although I applaude your use of the term I have to say you show very little real grasp of the concept.
You should have enough experience with my posts to understand that I have always said Romo throws far, far, far too many passes to receivers who are standing still or moving across the field instead of running north/south. Of course this is only a perception and not true. The receiver's YAC averages are pretty much right even with other receivers in the league and these kinds of passes would greatly limit the Yards After Catch. It is probably based on the fact that when it does happen it seems to happen on very, very, very crucial plays that plant the suggestion into the minds of millions. For example, A 5 yard crossing pattern to the TE that gets drilled when he catches it is not a drive killer or a big mistake if it's on 2nd down. But a 5 yard crossing pattern to the TE who gets drilled for no YAC is HUGE on a 3rd and 10. People will remember it and they both count exactly the same on the stat sheet. Dez Bryant runs out of bounds a yard short of a 1st without contact on Sunday. Very few people are talking about it but what happens today to Dez if he had done that on 3rd down and the Cowboys had punted and lost that game? I think this is the issue with Romo. He is a good QB most of the time but his mistakes are so ill timed as to create a personna that the entire world has jumped on. Another perfect example is his reputation for playing bad in playoff games. All we have to go by is what we see and he has pretty much been average. the problem is when a QB plays poorly in even 1 playoff game it has a huge impact and ripple effect. He is creating his legacy with his play on the field. The negative things are blown out of proportion and the positive things are minimized! That's the nature of the beast! That's why the QB makes big bucks..........

Macarthur
11-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Dez Bryant runs out of bounds a yard short of a 1st without contact on Sunday. Very few people are talking about it but what happens today to Dez if he had done that on 3rd down and the Cowboys had punted and lost that game?

Again, not sure who you are watching or listening to, but I heard quite a bit of talk about it. The Ticket spent quite a bit of time on it, so did Galloway and Dez even addressed it with the media monday due to being asked about it. And further, proof you are watching game incorrectly, he did it on 2nd down and they failed to convert the 3rd and 1 so they DID PUNT! It was clearly a mistake on his part and he admitted as such.

buff4ever
11-20-2012, 05:29 PM

Romo has his moments when he can throw. Throwing down field on a closely covered receiver is not at all his strength. I don't want to do the research, but from watching the game I know it's a lot, but how many of that 56% over the years has been to witten. He is a big target that generally catches the ball, and isn't a hard throw to make. Just throwing that out there to see what yall throw back. He still has some good throws down field, but in my memory I would guess not as well as many other qbs in the league.

Macarthur
11-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Romo has his moments when he can throw. Throwing down field on a closely covered receiver is not at all his strength. I don't want to do the research, but from watching the game I know it's a lot, but how many of that 56% over the years has been to witten. He is a big target that generally catches the ball, and isn't a hard throw to make. Just throwing that out there to see what yall throw back. He still has some good throws down field, but in my memory I would guess not as well as many other qbs in the league.

Well, if he's not accurate down the field, how do you explain these numbers?

Romo has a career 8.0 Yards/At with a 65.6% Career Comp %

By comparison:
Peyton 7.6 65.1%
Eli 7.1 58.7%
Brady 7.5 63.9%
Brees 7.5 65.7%

Sorry, your argument doesn't hold water. In fact, the reason Romo's numbers are this high is probably the biggest reason why the offense is struggling so much this year. As you probably know, JG's offense is a branch off of the Norv Turner offense which is in the family of the Air Coryell system. What makes JG's system different is that his route tree is even more based on deep routes and double moves. As you are probably aware, it takes a significant amount of time for those routes to develop. That is exactly why the offense is struggling; JG has not made the proper adjustments given his personnel. In fact, if you look at Romo's career numbers, you can clearly see that his yards per attempt number has been on the decline the last couple of year - which is a direct correlation to how this OL has gotten worse almost each year he's been here. Romo had a good OL early in his career and his yards per attempt were close to 9!!! That is an astronomical number. 8.0 is still very good, but I think this is the stat that tells the best story about what is wrong with this offense. They simply do not have the personnel up front to run JG's system.

Macarthur
11-20-2012, 06:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Coryell

This is a good read. Notice this section.

The Coryell offense is a combination of deep and mid range passing and power running.[13] The offense relies on getting all five receivers out into patterns that combined stretched the field, setting up defensive backs with route technique and the Quarterback throwing to a spot on time where the receiver can catch and turn upfield. Pass protection is critical to success because at least two of the five receivers will run a deep in, skinny post, comeback, speed out, or shallow cross.

1st and goal
11-20-2012, 09:56 PM
They need 2 more stat categories.

GWTP

Game winning touchdown passes.

And, Playoff GWTP.

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Again, not sure who you are watching or listening to, but I heard quite a bit of talk about it. The Ticket spent quite a bit of time on it, so did Galloway and Dez even addressed it with the media monday due to being asked about it. And further, proof you are watching game incorrectly, he did it on 2nd down and they failed to convert the 3rd and 1 so they DID PUNT! It was clearly a mistake on his part and he admitted as such.

Not sure what game you were watching Mac. Follow the play-by-play for Dallas at the 5.07 mark:
Felix Jones got a 1st down on the very next play after Dez runs out of bounds without contact 1 yard short of a 1st and Dallas then runs 9 more plays before punting to Cleveland with 1.39 left in the 1st half. Again, it really wasn't a big deal as it happened because the 1st down was achieved. But if they had not gotten the 1st down the entire city of Dallas would be up in arms right now! These things are judged based on perspectives. The results determine what kind of perspective most people will have about them. A good result means most people won't have a negative perspective about it and a bad result means far more will have that negative perspective. This is why I believe Romo has so many nay-sayers. His results create a lot more negative perspectives towards his mistakes and errors. Example: If the Cowboys win the playoff game against Seattle where Romo fumbles the FG snap nobody would really even remember that fumbled snap. But since the Cowboys didn't win the game people have zeroed in on the single most visible moment to place all their blame. We all know that single play wasn't the entire cause of the loss anymore than it being the single reason for the win if he hadn't of fumbled it. But it is the moment that most people will gravitate to in the blame game. Again, to be truthful Romo probably doesn't make any more mistakes than any other QB in the league but his propensity for making them at very cruicial times or for making them in bunches has created a perspective about him.....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111804/2012/REG11/browns@cowboys#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Not sure what game you were watching Mac. Follow the play-by-play for Dallas at the 5.07 mark:
Felix Jones got a 1st down on the very next play after Dez runs out of bounds without contact 1 yard short of a 1st and Dallas then runs 9 more plays before punting to Cleveland with 1.39 left in the 1st half. Again, it really wasn't a big deal as it happened because the 1st down was achieved. But if they had not gotten the 1st down the entire city of Dallas would be up in arms right now! These things are judged based on perspectives. The results determine what kind of perspective most people will have about them. A good result means most people won't have a negative perspective about it and a bad result means far more will have that negative perspective. This is why I believe Romo has so many nay-sayers. His results create a lot more negative perspectives towards his mistakes and errors. Example: If the Cowboys win the playoff game against Seattle where Romo fumbles the FG snap nobody would really even remember that fumbled snap. But since the Cowboys didn't win the game people have zeroed in on the single most visible moment to place all their blame. We all know that single play wasn't the entire cause of the loss anymore than it being the single reason for the win if he hadn't of fumbled it. But it is the moment that most people will gravitate to in the blame game. Again, to be truthful Romo probably doesn't make any more mistakes than any other QB in the league but his propensity for making them at very cruicial times or for making them in bunches has created a perspective about him.....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111804/2012/REG11/browns@cowboys#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

You are correct about that first down. I watched the replay last night and they did make the first down after Dez's gaff. I was thinking about the other time they got stopped on short yardage.

As I said, I rewatched it last night, and frankly we're probably never going to agree because I thought Romo actually played a fantastic game Sunday. Given the amount of pressure he was under, he played very well.

Also, you might want to listen to the espn 103.3 podcast of 'Film Don't Lie' from yesterday. An actual NFL scout breaks down the film and talks about what ills the Cowboys. I'm sure you won't like it though because it doesn't center around Romo. And even more so, he spends a great deal of time on the fact that the defensive scheme's last Sunday were absolutely horrid.

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't want to do the research, but from watching the game I know it's a lot...

In other words, I just 'feel' this way and am either too lazy or stubborn to actuall look at what the numbers say. Which, of course, is directly opposite of your opinion.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2012, 10:11 AM
You are correct about that first down. I watched the replay last night and they did make the first down after Dez's gaff. I was thinking about the other time they got stopped on short yardage.

As I said, I rewatched it last night, and frankly we're probably never going to agree because I thought Romo actually played a fantastic game Sunday. Given the amount of pressure he was under, he played very well.

Also, you might want to listen to the espn 103.3 podcast of 'Film Don't Lie' from yesterday. An actual NFL scout breaks down the film and talks about what ills the Cowboys. I'm sure you won't like it though because it doesn't center around Romo. And even more so, he spends a great deal of time on the fact that the defensive scheme's last Sunday were absolutely horrid.

Ryan has a bad habit of not putting pressure on rookie QBs...I would rather force the rookie to make quick decisions instead of dropping 8 guys and giving him time to find a guy

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Well, if he's not accurate down the field, how do you explain these numbers?

Romo has a career 8.0 Yards/At with a 65.6% Career Comp %

By comparison:
Peyton 7.6 65.1%
Eli 7.1 58.7%
Brady 7.5 63.9%
Brees 7.5 65.7%

Sorry, your argument doesn't hold water. In fact, the reason Romo's numbers are this high is probably the biggest reason why the offense is struggling so much this year. As you probably know, JG's offense is a branch off of the Norv Turner offense which is in the family of the Air Coryell system. What makes JG's system different is that his route tree is even more based on deep routes and double moves. As you are probably aware, it takes a significant amount of time for those routes to develop. That is exactly why the offense is struggling; JG has not made the proper adjustments given his personnel. In fact, if you look at Romo's career numbers, you can clearly see that his yards per attempt number has been on the decline the last couple of year - which is a direct correlation to how this OL has gotten worse almost each year he's been here. Romo had a good OL early in his career and his yards per attempt were close to 9!!! That is an astronomical number. 8.0 is still very good, but I think this is the stat that tells the best story about what is wrong with this offense. They simply do not have the personnel up front to run JG's system.

A average is established by combining all completion yardage and dividing by the number of completions. Which is better for the team: 20 five yard completions or 19 1 yard completions and 1 81 yard completion? They both give the exact same average per completion number but the former results in several long drives and multiple scoring chances while the latter indicates 1 score and a lot of punts! Also take the receiver Yard after catch into consideration! The QB gets credit for this but it's almost completely effort by the receiver. I'm not saying either one of these is the case with Romo but he has had quite a few very good YAC receivers to throw to during his career!

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm not saying either one of these is the case with Romo but he has had quite a few very good YAC receivers to throw to during his career!

So did Joe Montana...point?,,,a WR can only have good YAC if the QB puts it where he can catch and run, so that tells me the QB is very accurate

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 10:17 AM
A average is established by combining all completion yardage and dividing by the number of completions. Which is better for the team: 20 five yard completions or 19 1 yard completions and 1 81 yard completion? They both give the exact same average per completion number but the former results in several long drives and multiple scoring chances while the latter indicates 1 score and a lot of punts! Also take the receiver Yard after catch into consideration! The QB gets credit for this but it's almost completely effort by the receiver. I'm not saying either one of these is the case with Romo but he has had quite a few very good YAC receivers to throw to during his career!

Those WRs have to have someone to get them the ball. You can't have it both ways. Either Matt Ryan is pretty good or he's just got three great pass catchers? Which is it?

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 10:27 AM

I don't disagree with any of this Mac! Except maybe that i don't think Romo played well in the first half. But then again I don't use pressure as an excuse for a lack of execution. I also have a DVR and have rewatched the game completely and watched parts of it several times. Romo was under unavoidable pressure more than is acceptable in this game. But Romo also created pressure on several plays by rolling into the path of rushing defenders or holding on to the ball too long. Should a QB be able to take 4 or 5 seconds to read and throw? Of course he should. Did Romo have 4 or 5 seconds on every drop back? No way! But he did have this much time on a lot of the plays and on several of those plays were he had very little pressure he over threw receivers or threw into coverage. It happens. I know this. I also understand a QB is judged by his overall body of work in a ball game and for most people a win trumps most mistakes. But since I don't like Romo then nothing "Trumps" his mistakes. I have no forgiveness for Tony Romo and I openly admit this. But I also will stand firm on my conviction that I don't make crap up about him. What I say about him is accurate. It just might not be as big a deal to you as it is to me.... Anyway, they did get a win and hopefully the horrible play was because they were actually looking towards Washington on Thanksgiving Day. We will see!
One question: A lot of people are saying the Cowboys are set up perfectly for a run at winning the division. Are you ok with them winning the division with this kind of horrible play and then getting demolished in the playoffs? I personally think this will harm them in the long run because it will give Jerry the opportunity to say 'See, I told you so" or "I was right". I would rather they not win another game so maybe Jerry will realize a change needs to come. After the long, long history of the Al Davis Raiders, Mr. Davis didn't know he owned a laughing stock of a franchise. He was blinded by the dollars. I think Jerry is also blinded by the dollars. His franchise has increased in value so I think in his mind he is doing something right.............

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Ryan has a bad habit of not putting pressure on rookie QBs...I would rather force the rookie to make quick decisions instead of dropping 8 guys and giving him time to find a guy

I feel the same way. Even a rookie QB in this league will complete passes if he is given time to throw the ball. This defense should be terrorizing QB's................

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 10:31 AM
I don't disagree with any of this Mac! Except maybe that i don't think Romo played well in the first half. But then again I don't use pressure as an excuse for a lack of execution. I also have a DVR and have rewatched the game completely and watched parts of it several times. Romo was under unavoidable pressure more than is acceptable in this game. But Romo also created pressure on several plays by rolling into the path of rushing defenders or holding on to the ball too long. Should a QB be able to take 4 or 5 seconds to read and throw? Of course he should. Did Romo have 4 or 5 seconds on every drop back? No way! But he did have this much time on a lot of the plays and on several of those plays were he had very little pressure he over threw receivers or threw into coverage. It happens. I know this. I also understand a QB is judged by his overall body of work in a ball game and for most people a win trumps most mistakes. But since I don't like Romo then nothing "Trumps" his mistakes. I have no forgiveness for Tony Romo and I openly admit this. But I also will stand firm on my conviction that I don't make crap up about him. What I say about him is accurate. It just might not be as big a deal to you as it is to me.... Anyway, they did get a win and hopefully the horrible play was because they were actually looking towards Washington on Thanksgiving Day. We will see!
One question: A lot of people are saying the Cowboys are set up perfectly for a run at winning the division. Are you ok with them winning the division with this kind of horrible play and then getting demolished in the playoffs? I personally think this will harm them in the long run because it will give Jerry the opportunity to say 'See, I told you so" or "I was right". I would rather they not win another game so maybe Jerry will realize a change needs to come. After the long, long history of the Al Davis Raiders, Mr. Davis didn't know he owned a laughing stock of a franchise. He was blinded by the dollars. I think Jerry is also blinded by the dollars. His franchise has increased in value so I think in his mind he is doing something right.............

Well, you can take comfort in the fact that your opinion is completely opposite of those that actually are trained to watch coaches film (Broaddus & Glen Smith), those that played the position (Aikman) and those that are professional personnel people (Lombardi).

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Well, you can take comfort in the fact that your opinion is completely opposite of those that actually are trained to watch coaches film (Broaddus & Glen Smith), those that played the position (Aikman) and those that are professional personnel people (Lombardi).

What a load of crap Mac! For every 1 Aikman, Broaddus and Smith you could find 5 other people around this country with just as much football knoweldge with the opposite opinion! And why do you put some much validity into the comments by these few individuals and completely disregard the vote of the NFL players themselves. The guys who play against Romo on a weekly basis voted him the second most overrated player in the entire NFL...........

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 10:56 AM
I have to actually go do some work before the holidays. If I don't manage to get back on here before then I hope all you guys have a great Thanksgiving and I'll correct your lopsided thinking at a later date..............

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 11:02 AM
What a load of crap Mac! For every 1 Aikman, Broaddus and Smith you could find 5 other people around this country with just as much football knoweldge with the opposite opinion! And why do you put some much validity into the comments by these few individuals and completely disregard the vote of the NFL players themselves. The guys who play against Romo on a weekly basis voted him the second most overrated player in the entire NFL...........

No, I don't put much stock in player polls. I value the opinoins of the guys I listed much more than some jackwagon that plays for the Raiders, and you should too.

Please list me the people that have the opposite opinion. You keep using this but the only reference you've ever made is a silly player poll. I would like some names. I've given names to support my position.

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 11:16 AM
My Question is how can an undrafted free agent be overated?

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 11:24 AM

I agree. It's nonsensical.

buff4ever
11-21-2012, 11:24 AM

That is all history man, do you know how much he makes as the cowboys qb? That is how he is overrated.

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 11:25 AM
That is all history man, do you know how much he makes as the cowboys qb? That is how he overrated.

The Cowboys have gotten a gigantic bargain with regards to Romo's contract.

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 11:28 AM
That is all history man, do you know how much he makes as the cowboys qb? That is how he is overrated.Isnt he the least paid Franchise QB for the cowboys, with inflation into consideration?

buff4ever
11-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Isnt he the least paid Franchise QB for the cowboys, with inflation into consideration?

I am just saying, if you compare him to what other players make his same salary, how does he rate amongst those? I don't even know what players that would be, I am just pointing out that his value is based on production vs. money in the now, not how we got him or where he came from. Your comment was absurd, maybe by production and salary he is comparable to others in his range, but my guess would be not. And of course there is a lot of personal opinion that will come in to play here.

Mainly just pointing out how absurd your first comment was.

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
I am just saying, if you compare him to what other players make his same salary, how does he rate amongst those? I don't even know what players that would be, I am just pointing out that his value is based on production vs. money in the now, not how we got him or where he came from. Your comment was absurd, maybe by production and salary he is comparable to others in his range, but my guess would be not. And of course there is a lot of personal opinion that will come in to play here.

Mainly just pointing out how absurd your first comment was.

Not absurd.

Forbes thinks Romo has given the Cowboys good bang for their buck.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddf45hkjj/tony-romo-2/?utm_source=sports.yahoo.com&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=best%2BQB&partner=yahoosports

GrTigers6
11-21-2012, 11:50 AM

Mainly just pointing out how absurd your first comment was.How is it absurd. Romo isnt even in the top ten in Salary for QB's but he is performing as a top ten qb year in and year out. But Romo Haters have this idea that he is paid better than everyone and is the worst in the league. Ok I may have exxagerated but you get my point:D

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 02:38 PM
No, I don't put much stock in player polls. I value the opinoins of the guys I listed much more than some jackwagon that plays for the Raiders, and you should too.

Please list me the people that have the opposite opinion. You keep using this but the only reference you've ever made is a silly player poll. I would like some names. I've given names to support my position.

I think this explains a lot about why you aren't really plugged into reality Mac! You listen to the wrong people! Broaddus and Aikman both have a personal agenda to maintain. Broaddus actually works for the Cowboys! Duh!!!! And I stopped listening to The Ticket years ago after they proved to me they are nothing more than talking heads. Bob Sturm is the only one with any real sports knowledge and he tries way too hard to ride the fence on every single issue. Must protect that paycheck at all costs.

The NFL player's Poll interviewed 106 current NFL players about who was the most overrated player in the NFL through the first half of the season so far. The only restriction was they could not pick someone on their own team or coaching staff. the players who were interviewed came from 28 different teams in every part of the country. I'm pretty sure you are intelligent enough to understand the implications of this kind of survey. And considering that most of the Romo hype is right here in Dallas and not nationally it means even more that players from other cities think this way. Tony Romo got the second highest number of votes behind Tim Tebow. (Tebow took #1 by a landslide). But this is the second time in 3 years that Romo was voted as #2 most overrated player in the entire NFL. You can rationalize this away until the cows come home but the people who actually compete against him have a pretty good idea what his skill set is and what his ability is. Quote from 1 AFC player: "Tony Romo. They pay him big bucks to win. What puzzles me about Dallas is they got all the pieces to the puzzle, and they can't solve it. He's very talented. But I'd rather have a solid quarterback who doesn't make the Pro Bowl and wins."—AFC defensive player. And they publically aired a statement by 2 different defensive players last season that said they love to go up against Tony Romo because he will ALWAYS throw them the ball. I know for a fact Darrel Rivas was one of them. (and Romo did throw him the ball in that game). But it doesn't really matter. The fact that anyone is saying this about Romo proves there are some issues that YOU aren't acknowledging. End of Story!

And I don't have to give you names. If you were objective at all you would hear all the innuendos and references to Romo's turnovers and bad play every time you turned on a pregame or postgame show! The overwhelming opinion of Tony Romo in the media is that although he has a ton of talent he is prone to give the game away with turnovers or mistakes........................Most of those people are far more PC about saying it than I am but it is still their opinion. But we all know that is only because he plays in Dallas!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Drew Brees at
Quarterback
$20,000,000
Peyton Manning at
Quarterback
$19,200,000
Michael Vick at
Quarterback
$16,000,000
Tom Brady at
Quarterback
$15,700,000
Eli Manning at
Quarterback
$15,271,429
Philip Rivers at
Quarterback
$14,035,714
Sam Bradford at
Quarterback
$13,000,000
Ben Roethlisberger at
Quarterback
$12,750,000
Matthew Stafford at
Quarterback
$12,000,000
Tony Romo at
Quarterback
$11,233,333

Farmersfan
11-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Romo's salary cap hit will go from 8 million this season to 16 million next season! Overrated at 8 million cap hit? Probably not. Overrated at 16 million cap hit? Without a whisper of a doubt.................

Macarthur
11-21-2012, 03:23 PM
I stand by my post 1000% those player polls are junk. You are dismissing people that have played and/or worked in the NFL because it doesn't fit your bias.

As for his contract, you really can't look at it year to year. He basically signed a 6 year $60 million deal. That is a bargain by any stretch. And he won't could 16 next year. That will be renegotiated.

Txbroadcaster
11-21-2012, 05:11 PM
I think this explains a lot about why you aren't really plugged into reality Mac! You listen to the wrong people! Broaddus and Aikman both have a personal agenda to maintain. Broaddus actually works for the Cowboys! Duh!!!! And I stopped listening to The Ticket years ago after they proved to me they are nothing more than talking heads. Bob Sturm is the only one with any real sports knowledge and he tries way too hard to ride the fence on every single issue. Must protect that paycheck at all costs.

The NFL player's Poll interviewed 106 current NFL players about who was the most overrated player in the NFL through the first half of the season so far. The only restriction was they could not pick someone on their own team or coaching staff. the players who were interviewed came from 28 different teams in every part of the country. I'm pretty sure you are intelligent enough to understand the implications of this kind of survey. And considering that most of the Romo hype is right here in Dallas and not nationally it means even more that players from other cities think this way. Tony Romo got the second highest number of votes behind Tim Tebow. (Tebow took #1 by a landslide). But this is the second time in 3 years that Romo was voted as #2 most overrated player in the entire NFL. You can rationalize this away until the cows come home but the people who actually compete against him have a pretty good idea what his skill set is and what his ability is. Quote from 1 AFC player: "Tony Romo. They pay him big bucks to win. What puzzles me about Dallas is they got all the pieces to the puzzle, and they can't solve it. He's very talented. But I'd rather have a solid quarterback who doesn't make the Pro Bowl and wins."—AFC defensive player. And they publically aired a statement by 2 different defensive players last season that said they love to go up against Tony Romo because he will ALWAYS throw them the ball. I know for a fact Darrel Rivas was one of them. (and Romo did throw him the ball in that game). But it doesn't really matter. The fact that anyone is saying this about Romo proves there are some issues that YOU aren't acknowledging. End of Story!

And I don't have to give you names. If you were objective at all you would hear all the innuendos and references to Romo's turnovers and bad play every time you turned on a pregame or postgame show! The overwhelming opinion of Tony Romo in the media is that although he has a ton of talent he is prone to give the game away with turnovers or mistakes........................Most of those people are far more PC about saying it than I am but it is still their opinion. But we all know that is only because he plays in Dallas!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Broaddus does not work for Cowboys he works for ESPN..and why would Aikman say something he does not believe?