PDA

View Full Version : The Big 12 is so weak!

bag-o-chips
11-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Their number 1 got drilled by Baylor who had a 4-5 record and lost to Iowa State. But after DC Bennett stating they could have beat Alabama then we should just crown Iowa State # 1 huh?:rolleyes:

regaleagle
11-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Don't make too much of individual games or matchups to gauge an entire conference. This is what happens in the course of a season, and the pundits are almost always wrong anyways. The true test of how the conferences stack up comes during the bowl season. There's still some football left to be played. All in all, I'd say it's been a very competitive season for the Big 12. YES, there is not an obvious dominant team, but there are some very good teams that may be underrated by those that do the ratings.

Scoop27
11-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Big 12 is not weak, just very competitive and any team can beat another on any given night.
It makes for an interesting race

Old Tiger
11-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Don't make too much of individual games or matchups to gauge an entire conference. This is what happens in the course of a season, and the pundits are almost always wrong anyways. The true test of how the conferences stack up comes during the bowl season. There's still some football left to be played. All in all, I'd say it's been a very competitive season for the Big 12. YES, there is not an obvious dominant team, but there are some very good teams that may be underrated by those that do the ratings.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/16343161/

FB-fanatic
11-18-2012, 11:39 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/16343161/

By that stat, time to move to Conference USA.... known as the nations toughest.

Emerson1
11-18-2012, 11:55 AM
SC struggled with Wofford. Florida barely got by Missouri, La Lafayette, and Jacksonville State.

I can do it too.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2012, 12:51 PM
SC struggled with Wofford. Florida barely got by Missouri, La Lafayette, and Jacksonville State.

I can do it too.

But they didnt lose... much less get blown out...

And you're talking about teams that are in the middle of the pack in the SEC. Florida minus Driskell isnt that great and same with SC minus lattimore. We're talking about the best team in the big 12 and the supposed to be #1 team in the country getting b*tch slapped by BAYLOR

bwdlionfan
11-18-2012, 12:59 PM
But they didnt lose... much less get blown out...

And you're talking about teams that are in the middle of the pack in the SEC. Florida minus Driskell isnt that great and same with SC minus lattimore. We're talking about the best team in the big 12 and the supposed to be #1 team in the country getting b*tch slapped by BAYLOR

Your need for Aggie comparisons to Big 12 teans is pretty sad. You talk more about the Big 12 being weak and the Aggie's high TV ratings compared to UT's then you talk about the success the Aggies have had.

bwdlionfan
11-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Their number 1 got drilled by Baylor who had a 4-5 record and lost to Iowa State. But after DC Bennett stating they could have beat Alabama then we should just crown Iowa State # 1 huh?:rolleyes:

Lets see, you spun it that way, but had K State won youd been on here saying how weak the Big 12 is outside of K State and that the SEC's sweep of FCS schools this weekend proves how strong they are.

Im not an Aggie fan, but I had a feeling theyd knock off some teams and have some wins over some SEC schools because the SEC just isnt as good as everyone likes to think they are. Everyone knows if you beat three SEC schools youre automatically in the top 25. The polls are a joke.

If you were in the Big 12 still, youd have your normal 2-4 conference losses. Youre just ranked higher now then you would be in the Big 12 because the media has an undying love for the SEC.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Your need for Aggie comparisons to Big 12 teans is pretty sad. You talk more about the Big 12 being weak and the Aggie's high TV ratings compared to UT's then you talk about the success the Aggies have had.

No, just no. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Go read the thread on the ratings. I'm the one who said the entire point of that thread was dumb. Go find the A&M/bama game thread or the Manziel thread. That's where you find my posts. I've been posting for a couple hours about the big 12 and PAC 12 sucking because I argued all last week with msu about the strength of the conferences. Weird how he's nowhere to be found now... I'm just making a point.

db1980
11-18-2012, 03:57 PM
This same argument was used to promote how tough the SEC is when aTm, who hadn't beaten a decent team, beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa. I know aTm was 7-2, but they hadn't beaten a formidable opponent at that time.

Before your retort, Florida is average at best and has struggled with terrible competition. Mississippi state had drilled a bunch of crap teams to a #15 ranking. Arkansas sucks, plain and simple. aTm struggled to win against Ole Miss, lol. Yes they beat Alabama, but maybe that just shows how overrated the SEC actually is.

congrats on the 19 pt victory over Sam Houston State. Your SEC defense really shut them down.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2012, 05:13 PM
congrats on the 19 pt victory over Sam Houston State. Your SEC defense really shut them down.

LOL, really? Really? Just gonna completely neglect the fact that that game was 47-0 in the 3rd qtr? There were guys playin that didn't even have names on the back of their jersey. Lmao c'mon man...

You're trying way too hard

Emerson1
11-18-2012, 05:18 PM
LOL, really? Really? Just gonna completely neglect the fact that that game was 47-0 in the 3rd qtr? There were guys playin that didn't even have names on the back of their jersey. Lmao c'mon man...

I think BBDE was actually out there playing.

Saggy Aggie
11-18-2012, 05:30 PM
I think BBDE was actually out there playing.haha low blow

db1980
11-19-2012, 02:53 PM

Well only Aggies with $39.99 watched the game. The rest of college football has to go by the final score. The final score says 28 points for SHSU.

I really wasn't giving you grief that they scored 28 pts though, but for the fact that the Aggies played 2 FCS schools in one year.

jason
11-19-2012, 02:57 PM
I think BBDE was actually out there playing.
is he still telling people he plays football at tamu?

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
thanks. I was more impressed that the offense ran like 52 plays in about 19 mins of football .......but than your post got me to thinking about how well the defense played thanks for waking me up. Defense starters were pretty good and 2's well not great but not too bad. Again thanks

db1980
11-19-2012, 04:43 PM
thanks. I was more impressed that the offense ran like 52 plays in about 19 mins of football .......but than your post got me to thinking about how well the defense played thanks for waking me up. Defense starters were pretty good and 2's well not great but not too bad. Again thanks

I'm not sure you understand sarcasm, but You're welcome. I wasn't sure if SHSU would be a test for the SEC Aggies, but when they scored as many points as Alabama did I knew they meant business. For a team that left the Big 12 for more exposure I sure hope you fans let the Athletic department know how mad you are that such a challenging game was scheduled to showcase Johnny Football and it was on PPV. THe SEC has had ya'll on at 11am and 2:30 so many times I figured ya'll deserved a shot at the 7:00 primetime slot on ESPN or something. I fully understand the game with SHSU though, the whole State of Texas pride thing, whoever won the game ...the state of Texas was the real winner. Congrats on a hard fought victory and moving up to 9th in the BCS just because of the SEC logo on your field.

New Taiton
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
For a team that left the Big 12 for more exposure I sure hope you fans let the Athletic department know how mad you are that such a challenging game was scheduled to showcase Johnny Football and it was on PPV.

Understand that this has been a PPV game all year. There's nothing A&M could have done to get on TV; too many games that mattered were being played.

THe SEC has had ya'll on at 11am and 2:30 so many times I figured ya'll deserved a shot at the 7:00 primetime slot on ESPN or something.

Understand that the prime time slot for the SEC is 2:30 on CBS. CBS has first pick of the week and, obviously, picks the highest profile game of the week. ESPN then gets the next pick.

Congrats on a hard fought victory and moving up to 9th in the BCS just because of the SEC logo on your field

Thanks. And a big thanks goes out to you for being a butthurt Texas fan that can't stand to see A&M suceed on their new endeavor. I'm sure you spent all summer circle jerking with your burnt orange buddies saying how stupid it was for A&M to leave the Big 12, etc. I'm also sure it's been a tough season realizing that the the state of texas football no longer revolves around the University of Texas.

db1980
11-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Understand that this has been a PPV game all year. There's nothing A&M could have done to get on TV; too many games that mattered were being played.

Understand that the prime time slot for the SEC is 2:30 on CBS. CBS has first pick of the week and, obviously, picks the highest profile game of the week. ESPN then gets the next pick.

Thanks. And a big thanks goes out to you for being a butthurt Texas fan that can't stand to see A&M suceed on their new endeavor. I'm sure you spent all summer circle jerking with your burnt orange buddies saying how stupid it was for A&M to leave the Big 12, etc. I'm also sure it's been a tough season realizing that the the state of texas football no longer revolves around the University of Texas.
Oh my, can't you take a joke? This whole thread was stupid......The thread is the very argument the SEC uses to show how "great" they are. Get over yourself and learn to take a joke.

Spanish Camp
11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
I will just agree with the original thread title: the Big 12 is weak....and the argument that hey are evenly matched is true. They are all evenly matched because they are all Baylor. Real Baylor, Purple Baylor, Orange and Black Baylor, Burnt Orange Baylor.....

They are all teams who put up offensive stats, play no defense, and have a chance to win every week because they play in the WAC....uh, I mean the Big 12.

NastySlot
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure you understand sarcasm, but You're welcome. I wasn't sure if SHSU would be a test for the SEC Aggies, but when they scored as many points as Alabama did I knew they meant business. For a team that left the Big 12 for more exposure I sure hope you fans let the Athletic department know how mad you are that such a challenging game was scheduled to showcase Johnny Football and it was on PPV. THe SEC has had ya'll on at 11am and 2:30 so many times I figured ya'll deserved a shot at the 7:00 primetime slot on ESPN or something. I fully understand the game with SHSU though, the whole State of Texas pride thing, whoever won the game ...the state of Texas was the real winner. Congrats on a hard fought victory and moving up to 9th in the BCS just because of the SEC logo on your field.

yeah i get sarcasm...you know the 2:30 slot is the prime time slot in the SEC right? I don't know if you ve noticed lately the Aggies have done pretty good for themselves with that gamble to move to the SEC. PPV i' ll bet they got more to watch PPV than watch a certain Network daily. Heck there were more in attendence at the Aggie/Bearkat game than to watch the number one team in the nation play the nations highest scoring offense or is it the most productive?. I wouldn't go out and say it was a hard fought win but I think both teams came out healthy...at least i hope Sam did so they can make a good run in their playoff quest. Yeah that SEC logo goes along way.

Now about the original post title....Big XII weak I think it was in reply to someones other thread about the SEC not too sure.....do I think the Big XII is weak nah....it is what it,,,,, is it the best in the nation?...not even close. Now I m sort of old....but this type of conference and football when I was growing up was known as the WAC.

and about complaining to the Athletic Dept...my only complaint not enough home games and too many in a row on the road.....but why complain next season eight at home four on the road. Now I do worry with the expansion and upgrades to the stadium where will my seats be during this.

hsbtex
11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
I will just agree with the original thread titule: the Big 12 is weak....and the argument that hey are evenly matched is true. They are all evenly matched because they are all Baylor. Real Baylor, Purple Baylor, Orange and Black Baylor, Burnt Orange Baylor.....

They are all teams who put up offensive stats, play no defense, and have a chance to win every week because they play in the WAC....uh, I mean the Big 12.

Spanish.... that is freaking hysterical!!! I am crying i am laughing so hard!!! Oh our poor little brother in orange and white! Best post of the year!!!!!!

franz
11-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Could it be that A&M is finally in a conference with average offenses.

Txbroadcaster
11-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I will just agree with the original thread title: the Big 12 is weak....and the argument that hey are evenly matched is true. They are all evenly matched because they are all Baylor. Real Baylor, Purple Baylor, Orange and Black Baylor, Burnt Orange Baylor.....

And the SEC is a conference that just plays good D and no O( outside of A&M)..so they are evenly matched

Saggy Aggie
11-19-2012, 11:50 PM
And the SEC is a conference that just plays good D and no O( outside of A&M)..so they are evenly matched

They play enough offense to win 6 straight NC. That speaks for itself

Bull Butter
11-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Not only football that the Big 12 is weak in......Final from Maui

Chaminade 86
Texas 73

navscanmaster
11-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Not only football that the Big 12 is weak in......Final from Maui

Chaminade 86
Texas 73Oh yeah!!!!!

Wait, that's Kool-Aid.

msu97
11-20-2012, 09:12 AM
They play enough offense to win 6 straight NC. That speaks for itself

They have won 6... fact... but what people forget is how Spurrier and Meyer dominated that conference, with a great offense... once Meyer left the conference went back to being average on offese... spurrier cannot recruit the same kids to Carolina like he could to Florida, that goes without saying as to why...
Auburn will end up forfeiting theirs in due time... so it will be vacated...
the problem is that the SEC plays nobody in non conference... well Bama did play Michigan, and they get a pass... the SEC gets a pass on everything...
what I found interesting this week is that ATM jumped high after beating Bama in Bama, but they were passed by Stanford who beat the #2 team, not the #1 team like ATM did... Stanford has beaten a #1 and a #2 this year... in a playoff, who would want to play that team right now?

Spanish Camp
11-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Only a complete idiot can argue against 6 National Championships. SEC is a strong Conference.

The Big 12 is a weak conference. The addition of Purple Baylor and Hillbilly Baylor only weakend the conference. The weakening began when the Huskers left. Then The Aggies got out. Obviously evenTexas had reservations about staying in the weak conference (remember the PAC 10 romance???).

Also, if you play in an evenly matched conference that almost prides itself on not playing defense, what are you going to get???? Offensive Stats. There it is: blinding flash of the obvious.

Your response will be that the same thing can be said about the defensive teams in the SEC. I say to you: 6 BCS Championships. Ouch. There's the nuclear bomb on the head of the Big 12's collective defense of their weakened conference.

A case could even be made that the Big 12 is the 3rd or 4th strongest conference. I wouldn't necessarily agree, but there are people out there who could make a strong case.

msu97
11-20-2012, 09:29 AM
when you state that the Big 12 is the 3rd or 4th,only a complete idiot would say that, and that shows your ignorance... Computers consistently rank the Big 12 as the toughest conference... no human bias there...
the Big 12 is a solid conference, from top to bottom... when is the last time someone not named Georgia, Alabama, LSU or Georgia played in an SEC championship or a BCS bowl?
Now what TCU and WVU brought to the conference has nothing to do with years past because they are new now, and so far they have added nothing... but TCU has played in BCS bowls before as has WVU so in the long run they will bring something...
What the Aggies have proven is fact... a team that plays a legitimate offense will win in the SEC... those defenses dont look so great against Johnny M and Sumlin now do they? nor did they against the 6 million $ man Cam Newton did they? or any Florida offense by Meyer?

you can ignore facts, but that is fact... some Big 12 teams do not play good defense, but neither do some SEC schools... I will give Alabama and LSU their due, they are great programs and have been, LSU has taken a step back but why? they have no offense...
The SEC is a good conference, there is no denying that... but they are very, very, very top heavy...there is lies the difference

Spanish Camp
11-20-2012, 11:10 AM
If the SEC is top heavy, then the Big 12 is Bottom Heavy.
Keep in mind that the computer models also said that K-State was legit

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 11:14 AM
when you state that the Big 12 is the 3rd or 4th,only a complete idiot would say that, and that shows your ignorance... Computers consistently rank the Big 12 as the toughest conference... no human bias there...
the Big 12 is a solid conference, from top to bottom... when is the last time someone not named Georgia, Alabama, LSU or Georgia played in an SEC championship or a BCS bowl?
Now what TCU and WVU brought to the conference has nothing to do with years past because they are new now, and so far they have added nothing... but TCU has played in BCS bowls before as has WVU so in the long run they will bring something...
What the Aggies have proven is fact... a team that plays a legitimate offense will win in the SEC... those defenses dont look so great against Johnny M and Sumlin now do they? nor did they against the 6 million $ man Cam Newton did they? or any Florida offense by Meyer?

you can ignore facts, but that is fact... some Big 12 teams do not play good defense, but neither do some SEC schools... I will give Alabama and LSU their due, they are great programs and have been, LSU has taken a step back but why? they have no offense...
The SEC is a good conference, there is no denying that... but they are very, very, very top heavy...there is lies the difference

Last time someone not named those schools played in a BCS game.... You have to go all the way back to last year... LOL... And the year before that for Auburn...

4th place SEC school stomped the 2nd place big 12 school... KSU and Arkie ring a bell?

And you realize that A&M hasn't exactly been lighting it up against the good defenses in the SEC, correct?

msu97
11-20-2012, 11:23 AM
right, Auburn, the team that paid for its title... anyone else?
only because Manziel played 2 bad games... ATM is clearly the offensive elite in that conference...

and if Arkie and KState played today who would win?

KState is solid, but not a great team... I would say that Bama is better than KState...

and the bottom of the Big 12 would beat the bottom of the SEC, proving once again that top to bottom the Big 12 is more solid... SEC is better at the top, maybe... Bama is better than the others, after that, it gets sketchy...
Georgia is not impressive... they have no shot against Bama in the SEC championship... Auburn has no shot either...
Florida will lose to Florida State... so that is two SEC schools dropping out... that leaves Notre Dame, Bama, Oregon and KState back in the mix... Bama will be in the BCS championship game... who they will play is still up in the air...

the difference is you two are only capable of believing ESPN and all that is spews... so you have no capability of original thought... so it makes the banter between us pointless... look at Old Tigers points of Big 12 v SEC and he is spot on

Saggy Aggie
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
right, Auburn, the team that paid for its title... anyone else?
only because Manziel played 2 bad games... ATM is clearly the offensive elite in that conference...

and if Arkie and KState played today who would win?

KState is solid, but not a great team... I would say that Bama is better than KState...

and the bottom of the Big 12 would beat the bottom of the SEC, proving once again that top to bottom the Big 12 is more solid... SEC is better at the top, maybe... Bama is better than the others, after that, it gets sketchy...
Georgia is not impressive... they have no shot against Bama in the SEC championship... Auburn has no shot either...
Florida will lose to Florida State... so that is two SEC schools dropping out... that leaves Notre Dame, Bama, Oregon and KState back in the mix... Bama will be in the BCS championship game... who they will play is still up in the air...

the difference is you two are only capable of believing ESPN and all that is spews... so you have no capability of original thought... so it makes the banter between us pointless... look at Old Tigers points of Big 12 v SEC and he is spot on

Haha, like i said in the other thread. Just have to agree to disagree.

Doesnt matter who would win today. You asked when was the last time someone other than georgia, lsu, bama and florida played a BCS game, and the answer was last year... and the year before...

You say Georgia is unimpressive, but i think the exact same thing about ND. They're going to get demolished by bama.

Spanish Camp
11-20-2012, 12:36 PM
The Big 12 is weak. If it were a strong conference the best team in the conference would not have been taken to the woodshed by one of the worst teams in the conference (and perhaps the worst defense in the nation).

K State is not a top 10 team. Texas is likely the best team in the Big 12 at this point and is ranked where they should be.

hsbtex
11-20-2012, 01:42 PM
They have won 6... fact... but what people forget is how Spurrier and Meyer dominated that conference, with a great offense... once Meyer left the conference went back to being average on offese... spurrier cannot recruit the same kids to Carolina like he could to Florida, that goes without saying as to why...
Auburn will end up forfeiting theirs in due time... so it will be vacated...
the problem is that the SEC plays nobody in non conference... well Bama did play Michigan, and they get a pass... the SEC gets a pass on everything...
what I found interesting this week is that ATM jumped high after beating Bama in Bama, but they were passed by Stanford who beat the #2 team, not the #1 team like ATM did... Stanford has beaten a #1 and a #2 this year... in a playoff, who would want to play that team right now?

Hey msu...what happens every time you send a big 12 "champion " to the national championship game? BAM!!! They get beat by the sec :) shew shew now!

db1980
11-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Keep riding the coattails of other teams and we'll see how many National titles you play in. The SEC is LSU and Bama. Everybody is just there to fill a schedule for them to play. $5 says they are the 2 BCS representatives for the SEC. With BAma in the NC game, the Sugar bowl will not pass on LSU. YOur new brethren will pass on you to keep LSU in the spotlight. Slive knew what he was doing when he invited aTm and Mizzou. He wanted a foot in the door to the State of Texas for recruiting and another stepping stone in the East. He got both. aTm did beat Bama, but that won't be an annual occurance.

Fact. aTm was borderline irrelevant in the Big 12. Aside from winning the conference in the first year of it's existance their best team finished 4th? The Aggies rivaled Tech for 4th in the Big 12 south So keep chanting SEC all you want. They got what they wanted, an annual 3rd place divisional team. Go ahead with the Butthurt comments, but I'm not the one that started a thread trashing somebody you "apparently" could care less about.

db1980
11-20-2012, 03:15 PM
The Big 12 is weak. If it were a strong conference the best team in the conference would not have been taken to the woodshed by one of the worst teams in the conference (and perhaps the worst defense in the nation).

K State is not a top 10 team. Texas is likely the best team in the Big 12 at this point and is ranked where they should be.

So teams like Vanderbilt and Baylor should just know their place in the conference and take their woodshed whoopings like good little conference members???? That to me is the difference in the Big 12 and the SEC. In the SEC you can have a bad offensive night and still win because typically the opponents' offense isn't that great. In the Big 12 you have a bad night offensively you will probably get beaten. You rarely see OC's from the SEC getting HC gigs elsewhere. I wonder why?

db1980
11-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey msu...what happens every time you send a big 12 "champion " to the national championship game? BAM!!! They get beat by the sec :) shew shew now!

What happened when aTm went to a BCS National title game?

NastySlot
11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Keep riding the coattails of other teams and we'll see how many National titles you play in. The SEC is LSU and Bama. Everybody is just there to fill a schedule for them to play. $5 says they are the 2 BCS representatives for the SEC. With BAma in the NC game, the Sugar bowl will not pass on LSU. YOur new brethren will pass on you to keep LSU in the spotlight. Slive knew what he was doing when he invited aTm and Mizzou. He wanted a foot in the door to the State of Texas for recruiting and another stepping stone in the East. He got both. aTm did beat Bama, but that won't be an annual occurance.

Fact. aTm was borderline irrelevant in the Big 12. Aside from winning the conference in the first year of it's existance their best team finished 4th? The Aggies rivaled Tech for 4th in the Big 12 south So keep chanting SEC all you want. They got what they wanted, an annual 3rd place divisional team. Go ahead with the Butthurt comments, but I'm not the one that started a thread trashing somebody you "apparently" could care less about.

Sure you re sore how could the Aggies leave the coat tails of the Sooners and as you would like to believe the horns how dare they latch on to a product that is so successful in so many areas.... Guess they didn't realize their place -dumb Aggies. How dare they associate themselves with something they think is great how dare they claim to be able try to be equals. How dare they try use their association with such an organization. And to think they joined a conference to finish what third is that what you said and earn such a high ranking and even to be mentioned in the media dumb Aggies. So you re sort of saying that by associating themselves and feeling relevant is a joke. Rivaled tech in a conference that is dominated by a non Texas school and a school sometimes believed to be the premier money maker in the country yet has failed on getting the rest of the nation to by thier brand.How dare they claim greatness and superiority by sporting the SEC brand....... I guess they should just change their shirts. Superiority and success by association comes in only one shirt.

New Taiton
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Go ahead with the Butthurt comments, but I'm not the one that started a thread trashing somebody you "apparently" could care less about.

Haha. I will. You're the epitome of butthurt. You're so enamored by the burnt orange, that the success A&M has had this seasons chaps your hide.

You know as well as I do that Texas A&M has severly underacheived since their Big 12 title in 1998. However, you also probably understand that the Texas A&M football program has everything it needs to be an elite program; support, money, facilites, etc.

It's very naive of you, a butthurt Texas fan, to believe that A&M will never succeed on the gridiron or acheive elite status. As cylcical as college football success is, it is only a matter of time for good things to happen.

They got what they wanted, an annual 3rd place divisional team.

And I love this talking point the Big 12 has issued its members. It's much better to talk negatively of the school that left than to talk up the merits of the schools that were added. Haha.

hsbtex
11-20-2012, 04:51 PM
What happened when aTm went to a BCS Nationali title game?

I would keep living in the past if i were you too! It is hysterical seeing you ladies frowning faces in our rear view mirror :) goodbye little brother!!!

hsbtex
11-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Describe what it feels like reading an article on hookem.com, and published in the liberal statesman, stating "horns feeling pinch of aTm success on the recruiting trail ". Personally... i enjoyed it...a good read :)

Buff42
11-20-2012, 05:52 PM
They are all evenly matched because they are all Baylor. Real Baylor, Purple Baylor, Orange and Black Baylor, Burnt Orange Baylor.....

QUOTE OF THE YEAR!

It just got real, folks.

db1980
11-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Sure you re sore how could the Aggies leave the coat tails of the Sooners and as you would like to believe the horns how dare they latch on to a product that is so successful in so many areas.... Guess they didn't realize their place -dumb Aggies. How dare they associate themselves with something they think is great how dare they claim to be able try to be equals. How dare they try use their association with such an organization. And to think they joined a conference to finish what third is that what you said and earn such a high ranking and even to be mentioned in the media dumb Aggies. So you re sort of saying that by associating themselves and feeling relevant is a joke. Rivaled tech in a conference that is dominated by a non Texas school and a school sometimes believed to be the premier money maker in the country yet has failed on getting the rest of the nation to by thier brand.How dare they claim greatness and superiority by sporting the SEC brand....... I guess they should just change their shirts. Superiority and success by association comes in only one shirt.

I was talking about aTm leeching themselves to the past of the Sec. Sure teams from the sec have won the title for 6 years, but aTm had nothing todo with it. Enjoy 3rd place in the Big 12 south, I mean the sec west.

db1980
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM
I would keep living in the past if i were you too! It is hysterical seeing you ladies frowning faces in our rear view mirror :) goodbye little brother!!!

I see you didn't read the question. How did the Aggies do last time they played in the BCS National Championship game? Not much of a past to live in huh?

db1980
11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Haha. I will. You're the epitome of butthurt. You're so enamored by the burnt orange, that the success A&M has had this seasons chaps your hide.

You know as well as I do that Texas A&M has severly underacheived since their Big 12 title in 1998. However, you also probably understand that the Texas A&M football program has everything it needs to be an elite program; support, money, facilites, etc.

It's very naive of you, a butthurt Texas fan, to believe that A&M will never succeed on the gridiron or acheive elite status. As cylcical as college football success is, it is only a matter of time for good things to happen.

And I love this talking point the Big 12 has issued its members. It's much better to talk negatively of the school that left than to talk up the merits of the schools that were added. Haha.

Butthurt is starting threads about the conference you left and running them down.

Underachieved inthe Big12? How did the Aggies do against sec teams while being a Big 12 member?

aTm, the sec's new maroon Ole miss

jacket98,99
11-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Baylor and K state was a matter of match-ups. A not 100% Klein who K-state is average as best without. An explosive Baylor offense that has put up points on everyone. K-state was an upset waiting to happen

New Taiton
11-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Butthurt is starting threads about the conference you left and running them down.

Underachieved inthe Big12? How did the Aggies do against sec teams while being a Big 12 member?

aTm, the sec's new maroon Ole miss

For the record, I didn't start this thread. You could be posting on a thread about the intricacies of baking cupcakes and I would still call you what you are: a butthurt longhorn fan.

A&M went 0-4 vs. SEC schools while in the Big 12. I don't get the point of this stat, but this is what it is.....

Tell the truth, if A&M's program turns around you'd never say anything positive. You know why? Because you're a butthurt Texas fan that's mad they got left out of realignment and is stuck in the Big 12 with fantastic trips to Aimes, Waco, and Lubbock circled on your calendar next year.

Thanks for the entertainment. I've had a ton of fun in the past few months reading the butthurt from our former conference members. You can bring up the past as much as you'd like; I would if I was you, it's your only defense this year. But you cannot deny the future looks bright in College Station.

jacket98,99
11-21-2012, 12:02 PM
For the record, I didn't start this thread. You could be posting on a thread about the intricacies of baking cupcakes and I would still call you what you are: a butthurt longhorn fan.

A&M went 0-4 vs. SEC schools while in the Big 12. I don't get the point of this stat, but this is what it is.....

Tell the truth, if A&M's program turns around you'd never say anything positive. You know why? Because you're a butthurt Texas fan that's mad they got left out of realignment and is stuck in the Big 12 with fantastic trips to Aimes, Waco, and Lubbock circled on your calendar next year.

Thanks for the entertainment. I've had a ton of fun in the past few months reading the butthurt from our former conference members. You can bring up the past as much as you'd like; I would if I was you, it's your only defense this year. But you cannot deny the future looks bright in College Station.

:fnypost: Gig Em!!!

OldBison75
11-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Why can't both sides of this argument realize that the move by TAMU was a financial decision and that is all there is to it. We can deceive ourselves into believing that sports was the main reason, but that is just not the case.

Yes, I think that TAMU can have success in that conference and the future looks very bright today. However, we all know that the landscape can change drastically in the blink of the eye. TAMU was very high regarded last year and the chemistry, coaching, or whatever changed a very talented team into an also ran. It is absolutely crazy to say that player for player this group is really that much better than the ones last year. In this game, it is the team chemistry and coaching that makes the talent its best.

As for the butt-hurt comments, I have a daughter at TAMU and hear this crap all of the time. The reality is that both sides are butt-hurt as you put it over the whole issue. Aggies everywhere complained about the Longhorns making a television deal that they were not included in last year. The whining about fairness was epic. Now this year the Aggies are successful and the "we are better than you--our conference is better"
crap is easy to throw in the Longhorn faces because there is almost no chance the two will actually have to prove anything on the field against each other. The Longhorn fans bragged about the LHN last year and basically laughed at the Aggies for whining. Now, this year, the Longhorn faithful are feeling what the Aggies did last year in the Big 12- -- frustration with not living up to what everyone believed was their potiential.

Get over it, play your schedule and prove something on the field, against each other, and then brag all you want.

1st and goal
11-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Why can't both sides of this argument realize that the move by TAMU was a financial decision and that is all there is to it. We can deceive ourselves into believing that sports was the main reason, but that is just not the case.

Yes, I think that TAMU can have success in that conference and the future looks very bright today. However, we all know that the landscape can change drastically in the blink of the eye. TAMU was very high regarded last year and the chemistry, coaching, or whatever changed a very talented team into an also ran. It is absolutely crazy to say that player for player this group is really that much better than the ones last year. In this game, it is the team chemistry and coaching that makes the talent its best.

As for the butt-hurt comments, I have a daughter at TAMU and hear this crap all of the time. The reality is that both sides are butt-hurt as you put it over the whole issue. Aggies everywhere complained about the Longhorns making a television deal that they were not included in last year. The whining about fairness was epic. Now this year the Aggies are successful and the "we are better than you--our conference is better"
crap is easy to throw in the Longhorn faces because there is almost no chance the two will actually have to prove anything on the field against each other. The Longhorn fans bragged about the LHN last year and basically laughed at the Aggies for whining. Now, this year, the Longhorn faithful are feeling what the Aggies did last year in the Big 12- -- frustration with not living up to what everyone believed was their potiential.

Get over it, play your schedule and prove something on the field, against each other, and then brag all you want.

Kinda like a bad divorce. jealousy. fighting over money. blaming each other.

Question is??? Who got the Sony? (Only old timers will remember this) I think the Aggies get the Sony this year.

Old Tiger
11-21-2012, 01:04 PM

Question is??? Who got the Sony? (Only old timers will remember this) I think the Aggies get the Sony this year.What about for us young timgers....explain the sony reference?

1st and goal
11-21-2012, 01:38 PM
What about for us young timgers....explain the sony reference?

Back in the '70's (when everyone knew that the Sony Trinitron TV would outlast about everything), Sony ran commercials about guys who got divorced and lost everything but the "Sony" and yet were still sooooo happy because they got the Sony.

db1980
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM

Lol! Out of conference cupcakes?? try 0-16 against the SEC schools since the Big 12 inception. The SEC knew that too. I'll give them props for beating Alabama. They played a heck of a game. I thought Saban and K. Smart were smarter than what they showed though. Florida and LSU showed them the perfect gameplan against Johnny Futbol. Alabama decided to let him run around and beat them. I pulled for the Aggies the entire game. My dad is an Alabama fan and I have to listen to that junk all year long. I am just a T-shirt fan anyway, I didn't go to school there so you shouldn't let what I say bother you. I'm not a "real fan" since I didn't go to school in Austin according to Aggies. I say what I say because I think the Aggies will regret joining the SEC and leaving behind natural rivalries out of stubborn pride. Butthurt? Nah. I just find it funny when Aggies on the message boards start junk and when they get a reply they cry Butthurt and start chanting SECSECSEC

1st and goal
11-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Back in the '70's (when everyone knew that the Sony Trinitron TV would outlast about everything), Sony ran commercials about guys who got divorced and lost everything but the "Sony" and yet were still sooooo happy because they got the Sony.

I guess my point is, that A&M thought maybe for a bit (gambling on leaving big 12, hiring new coach) that the "Sony" was the shirt on their back with the SEC emblem. In retrospect, the gamble has paid off tremendously IMO. I hope that we beat Mizzou and Manziel gets legitimate shot at Heisman.

db1980
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
I guess my point is, that A&M thought maybe for a bit (gambling on leaving big 12, hiring new coach) that the "Sony" was the shirt on their back with the SEC emblem. In retrospect, the gamble has paid off tremendously IMO. I hope that we beat Mizzou and Manziel gets legitimate shot at Heisman.

Manziel deserves a legitimate shot. He has shown he is one of the top players in the country.

NastySlot
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Manziel deserves a legitimate shot. He has shown he is one of the top players in the country.

Ok not funny any more we some agree to something.

NastySlot
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM

Question is??? Who got the Sony? (Only old timers will remember this) I think the Aggies get the Sony this year.

I think it s more like the anology of the crabs trying to get out of the hole as one climbs to the top the others always seem to pull him back in.

NastySlot
11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Lol! Out of conference cupcakes?? try 0-16 against the SEC schools since the Big 12 inception. The SEC knew that too. I'll give them props for beating Alabama. They played a heck of a game. I thought Saban and K. Smart were smarter than what they showed though. Florida and LSU showed them the perfect gameplan against Johnny Futbol. Alabama decided to let him run around and beat them. I pulled for the Aggies the entire game. My dad is an Alabama fan and I have to listen to that junk all year long. I am just a T-shirt fan anyway, I didn't go to school there so you shouldn't let what I say bother you. I'm not a "real fan" since I didn't go to school in Austin according to Aggies. I say what I say because I think the Aggies will regret joining the SEC and leaving behind natural rivalries out of stubborn pride. Butthurt? Nah. I just find it funny when Aggies on the message boards start junk and when they get a reply they cry Butthurt and start chanting SECSECSEC

Hey just to let you know I could careless you didn't go to Texas

db1980
11-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Ok not funny any more we some agree to something.

He is, no argument. It is the Aggies defense that needs fixing. To me it has been their biggest problem the last 5 years....that and throwing the ball alot in the second half with a 20 pt halftime lead.

NastySlot
11-21-2012, 04:57 PM
He is, no argument. It is the Aggies defense that needs fixing. To me it has been their biggest problem the last 5 years....that and throwing the ball alot in the second half with a 20 pt halftime lead.

IMO they played not to lose too many times. Sumlin and staff have done great job of keeping foot on the gas.

db1980
11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey just to let you know I could careless you didn't go to Texas

My true thoughts on the Aggies. Natural rivalries in the State. Sherman was building a good program. My problem with him was he was too hands on. He needed to be more like Mack and let his coordinators handle things. He was too involved in the offense and made bad decisions that caused them to lose games they had in the bag. In the Big 12 you were tested through the south, and played a few decent teams in the north every other year or so. You win the south you win the whole big 12, just like winning the SEC west you win the whole thing most years. More times than not, an undefeated Big 12 champ will play in the BCS title game. Just as the Aggies are turning the corner they leave that opportunity behind to join a division that is just the same or tougher...lateral move at best.

db1980
11-21-2012, 05:05 PM
IMO they played not to lose too many times. Sumlin and staff have done great job of keeping foot on the gas.

Their strength wasnt putting their foot on the gas. It was leaning on outstanding line play and running the ball. They had the best ground game in the Big 12 IMO. with a 20 pt lead you use it and mix in the pass with it.

rockdale80
11-21-2012, 08:54 PM

No, he acknowledges the fact that he has a spinal condition that prevents him from ever playing football again. What does that stab imply and what is the point? Seems like a pretty crappy thing to say....

OldBison75
11-21-2012, 09:03 PM
I agre, BBDE may have been pretty opinionated, but he was knowledgeable and would backup his arguments with data. Plus, I have met him in person and talked with him and he is really a pretty good guy to be around.

texanpride1250
11-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Manziel is a game changer for the Ags. He is as exciting a player as there is in the country. I was and still am concerned that if/ when he takes a clean shot he will go down. He has done a good job thus far of avoiding the clean shot. I also am not sold on Sumlin for the long term. Not sure how good of a recruiter he is. He did a good job at U of H with guys that Briles recruited and now he is doing a good job with guys that were already there. But he is young which I think is a positive. The lure of the SEC will help in the short term but aTm must sustain this success for that to continue to be a positive. Then there is the fact of the color of his skin. While this is probably a taboo subject, I think it could be a huge factor for the recruiting. A young black coach could give the Ags the edge in some close recruiting battles. Only time will tell.

While I think it sucks that aTm left and we no longer play each other I would not say I am butthurt. This Thanksgiving will be different, on that I think we can all agree. I wish it would have turned out different but I am not losing sleep.

The SEC has had the best team(s) in the county for a while now. We can argue Til the cows come home about which is truly better and no one will change their mind. A few years ago I would not have argued that the Big 12 was better. Which is ironic because those were years when Texas and OU were pretty dominate which is not the case this year. I think the middle/ bottom of the SEC has come back to the pack some. While the top of the Big 12 is not as strong as the top of the SEC I think the middle/bottom is what gives the Big 12 the current edge. Albeit a slight one. While computer rankings can be flawed, in his case it backs up what I have seen with my own eyes. And as far as the quote that said the computers had K St. #1 so obviously they are flawed, lets not forget that the human polls had hem at the top as well. Right or wrong it was pretty much a concensus. The system itself is inherently flawed. In no other sport does 1 loss all but eliminate you from a chance to win a championship. But that is for a whole other thread.

I am off my soap box now. Again I want to say it is a shame that these 2 teams will not be playing tomorrow night. There have been some great games/memories through the years. But alas, that is no more.

Safe travels to everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Saggy Aggie
11-21-2012, 11:54 PM
No, he acknowledges the fact that he has a spinal condition that prevents him from ever playing football again. What does that stab imply and what is the point? Seems like a pretty crappy thing to say....

It's Emerson and Jason... What do you expect?

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Manziel is a game changer for the Ags. He is as exciting a player as there is in the country. I was and still am concerned that if/ when he takes a clean shot he will go down. He has done a good job thus far of avoiding the clean shot. I also am not sold on Sumlin for the long term. Not sure how good of a recruiter he is. He did a good job at U of H with guys that Briles recruited and now he is doing a good job with guys that were already there. But he is young which I think is a positive. The lure of the SEC will help in the short term but aTm must sustain this success for that to continue to be a positive. Then there is the fact of the color of his skin. While this is probably a taboo subject, I think it could be a huge factor for the recruiting. A young black coach could give the Ags the edge in some close recruiting battles. Only time will tell.

While I think it sucks that aTm left and we no longer play each other I would not say I am butthurt. This Thanksgiving will be different, on that I think we can all agree. I wish it would have turned out different but I am not losing sleep.

The SEC has had the best team(s) in the county for a while now. We can argue Til the cows come home about which is truly better and no one will change their mind. A few years ago I would not have argued that the Big 12 was better. Which is ironic because those were years when Texas and OU were pretty dominate which is not the case this year. I think the middle/ bottom of the SEC has come back to the pack some. While the top of the Big 12 is not as strong as the top of the SEC I think the middle/bottom is what gives the Big 12 the current edge. Albeit a slight one. While computer rankings can be flawed, in his case it backs up what I have seen with my own eyes. And as far as the quote that said the computers had K St. #1 so obviously they are flawed, lets not forget that the human polls had hem at the top as well. Right or wrong it was pretty much a concensus. The system itself is inherently flawed. In no other sport does 1 loss all but eliminate you from a chance to win a championship. But that is for a whole other thread.

I am off my soap box now. Again I want to say it is a shame that these 2 teams will not be playing tomorrow night. There have been some great games/memories through the years. But alas, that is no more.

Safe travels to everyone and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

That is the most intelligent thing I've ever heard from a longhorn ;)

Jk, in all seriousness, a very accurate and well thought out opinion and I agree on pretty much every aspect. I'm also one of the few who is sad about tamu/Texas not playing tomorrow. I enjoyed the rivalry (tho Texas has had the better of A&M). I think it was good for the state. That said, life goes on.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Texan.

db1980
11-22-2012, 09:45 AM
That is the most intelligent thing I've ever heard from a longhorn ;)

Jk, in all seriousness, a very accurate and well thought out opinion and I agree on pretty much every aspect. I'm also one of the few who is sad about tamu/Texas not playing tomorrow. I enjoyed the rivalry (tho Texas has had the better of A&M). I think it was good for the state. That said, life goes on.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Texan.

I enjoyed the rivalry as well, but it wasn't the only one they walked out on. Baylor, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State had some good heated games with aTm of late. Thanksgiving dinner won't be the same tonight without seeing the Longhorns beating the Aggies. That said, life goes on

Buff42
11-22-2012, 11:34 AM
My true thoughts on the Aggies. Natural rivalries in the State. Sherman was building a good program. My problem with him was he was too hands on. He needed to be more like Mack and let his coordinators handle things. He was too involved in the offense and made bad decisions that caused them to lose games they had in the bag. In the Big 12 you were tested through the south, and played a few decent teams in the north every other year or so. You win the south you win the whole big 12, just like winning the SEC west you win the whole thing most years. More times than not, an undefeated Big 12 champ will play in the BCS title game. Just as the Aggies are turning the corner they leave that opportunity behind to join a division that is just the same or tougher...lateral move at best.

Sherman needed to be more like Mack. Stupidest post ever. Mack IS the most over-rated coach of all time.

Mack - VY = Wal-Mart door greeter

texanpride1250
11-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Sherman needed to be more like Mack. Stupidest post ever. Mack IS the most over-rated coach of all time.

Mack - VY = Wal-Mart door greeter

Well we have a winner, for dumbest ever. Mack is not be best Xs and Os coach on that I think everyone will agree. But a Wal-Mart greeter. That is stupidity in its highest form. His ability to recruit is almost unmatched. And that is more than half the battle. While VY was great, that team was loaded. There was also a kid after VY that was pretty good too. But again he did not do it by himself.

You Aggies make it too easy to for everyone else to poke fun at you.

Buff42
11-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Well we have a winner, for dumbest ever. Mack is not be best Xs and Os coach on that I think everyone will agree. But a Wal-Mart greeter. That is stupidity in its highest form. His ability to recruit is almost unmatched. And that is more than half the battle. While VY was great, that team was loaded. There was also a kid after VY that was pretty good too. But again he did not do it by himself.

You Aggies make it too easy to for everyone else to poke fun at you.

Keep deluding yourself into mediocrity. Meanwhile TCU is kicking Mack's butt so far tonite.

Spanish Camp
11-22-2012, 09:57 PM
I agree. Mack is an awesome recruiter. The entire Texas defense are 4 star recruits. The squad this year is the culmination of year after year of top ranked recruiting classes.

Texas' dominance of the Big 12 and guaranteed BCS birth at this point of the season could have been predicted by anyone. So lets move on. Big 12 rocks

texanpride1250
11-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Keep deluding yourself into mediocrity. Meanwhile TCU is kicking Mack's butt so far tonite.

Mediocrity is something the Ags know all about. Besides not once in this discussion did I say Texas was any good this year. Not horrible just not that good.

Although they did stomp a mudhole in the 1 SEC team they played this year. Just sayin.

texanpride1250
11-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Keep deluding yourself that you are in any way intelligent.

Buff42
11-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Keep deluding yourself that you are in any way intelligent.

Oh, now it's personal? Thanks for going there.........Happy Thanksgiving

Phil C
11-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Not too weak. 90% of the Big 12 teams are bowl eligible compared to SEC's 57%. Not too shabby.

1st and goal
11-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Not too weak. 90% of the Big 12 teams are bowl eligible compared to SEC's 57%. Not too shabby.

Guess we'll see after the bowl dust settles. Congrats to all teams that made it.

hsbtex
11-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Or Phil....what does that say about the big 12 :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM

So let me get this straight, you and your baby brother are still sweating me after all of these years? It's funny that you pretend to know me, or anything about my experience while I played at A&M. But honestly guys, you can think whatever you want about me, because while you're talking, I'm out doing.

That's why I have this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/30/2urutahe.jpg

What is it that you guys have to show aside from jealousy towards me?

It feels nice to be able to look back in pride at what I accomplished and know that it was brought to me by years of hard work and dedication. Or did you two think that attempting to disparage me would take that all away? It's cute that two guys who didn't even play football see fit to try to belittle my accomplishments. The jealousy you both have towards me isn't going to help you become better men. Oh no, for that to happen, you first need to get up from behind those computers and put your nose to the grindstone, because there is more to life than talking trash behind a computer. I had hoped after you boys hit puberty the childish insults would stop and you might actually turn into respectable men, but my expectations for you were obviously far too high. *Yawn*

Phil C
11-29-2012, 04:54 PM
So let me get this straight, you and your baby brother are still sweating me after all of these years? It's funny that you pretend to know me, or anything about my experience while I played at A&M. But honestly guys, you can think whatever you want about me, because while you're talking, I'm out doing.

That's why I have this:

It feels nice to be able to look back in pride at what I accomplished and know that it was brought to me by years of hard work and dedication. Or did you two think that attempting to disparage me would take that all away? It's cute that two guys who didn't even play football see fit to try to belittle my accomplishments. The jealousy you both have towards me isn't going to help you become better men. Oh no, for that to happen, you first need to get up from behind those computers and put your nose to the grindstone, because there is more to life than talking trash behind a computer. I had hoped after you boys hit puberty the childish insults would stop and you might actually turn into respectable men, but my expectations for you were obviously far too high. *Yawn*

Good to hear from you BBDE. It has been a while.

Old Tiger
11-29-2012, 06:53 PM

That's why I have this:

Looks like a Cameron Yoe jersey. jk Hope all is well Gary.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Bump

Emerson1
11-30-2012, 11:50 PM

Jason has a masters and I am one of five of Tarleton's outstanding graduates for Winter 2012. I think we are doing pretty well.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Jason has a masters and I am one of five of Tarleton's outstanding graduates for Winter 2012. I think we are doing pretty well.

Congratulations on getting a degree and furthering yourself academically. But that's not the issue at hand here, you see, there are 11 year old prodigies that get their college degree but that doesn't make them a man. And that's what we're talking about here - being a man. A man doesn't hide behind a keyboard and dole out insults to a man he's never met. Truthfully, I think the reason anyone even tolerates you anymore is because they've never seen you grow up and still see you as a pimple faced kid sitting behind a computer screen. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that you haven't changed a bit since the day I first started reading your posts - that same schoolboy, know it all childish arrogance that you have drips off of everything you write. And considering the role model you had, I'm not surprised you haven't learned to man up, because with the example that your brother has set for you I can see where you get it from. But this is all I have left to say, I don't want to sully this message board by participating in childhood bickering with an overgrown teenager and his brother with a misplaced ego. Unlike you I grew up and moved on from this, I have better things to do with my time than constantly defend myself and my character from people like you.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/02/y3azahu5.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words, and this one just goes to show how wrong you are and always have been about me. Grow up boy, I did and moved on from this place a long time ago and I think maybe you should start taking notes from me instead of doling out insults.

OldBison75
12-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Gary, some of us here watched you play, saw how hard you worked to come back from back problems, and saw your dedication and love for the game. I was also lucky enough to meet and talk with you in person. My friend, I respect what you have done and what you continue to do. Always remember that those that can - do, those that can't - talk about those that can.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Gary, some of us here watched you play, saw how hard you worked to come back from back problems, and saw your dedication and love for the game. I was also lucky enough to meet and talk with you in person. My friend, I respect what you have done and what you continue to do. Always remember that those that can - do, those that can't - talk about those that can.

Thank you Mr. Porter, I've always appreciated your support and still do and am glad to have had the opportunity to meet you. I keep thinking I'll run into you or Julie sometime here in College Station, hopefully our paths will cross again soon my friend.

Old Tiger
12-01-2012, 05:23 PM
I went to high school with Gary, fact.

One night on North Gate I tried to drive to a chicks house but Gary wouldn't let me because I was highly intoxicated, fact.

Gary is an alright guy, opinion.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Bump. Anyone ever wonder why so many posters have left and the same ones are still here, acting like children and insulting their fellow posters? Hmm

Of course, there are still lots of friendly, great folks here. But they shouldn't be forced to tolerate the few bad apples that still remain.

1st and goal
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Good to see you back Gary. Sorry for the naysayers. I can think of worse things to call them but what good would it do. I can tell that you have matured greatly over the last few years, and that is a good thing. I remember a post where you saw something (or was made aware of something) and it touched your heart and mind. Your compassion really did show through your post that day. I hope that life is good for you now.

Emerson1
12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
So if your back hurts, should you really be holding someone up on your shoulders?

I'm referring to that time that you were talking about your back injury, then you posted pictures on Facebook holding someone(might have been 2 people?) on your shoulders the next day. Then when someone called you out on it, and all of your friends laughed at you, you deleted the post and blocked the person who called you out on it.

and yes, me and jason are the only reason this site is how it is now. Seriously, no one gives a **** about what I say. More people laugh at your novel long responses and at how much you overreact about every single thing you rant about.

bag-o-chips
12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Tarleton State - right up next to harvard and Yale huh!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
So if your back hurts, should you really be holding someone up on your shoulders?

I'm referring to that time that you were talking about your back injury, then you posted pictures on Facebook holding someone(might have been 2 people?) on your shoulders the next day. Then when someone called you out on it, and all of your friends laughed at you, you deleted the post and blocked the person who called you out on it.

and yes, me and jason are the only reason this site is how it is now. Seriously, no one gives a **** about what I say. More people laugh at your novel long responses and at how much you overreact about every single thing you rant about.

When did this actually happen? I have pictures of me holding girls, part of Aggie Wranglers, up true. But that was when DU_Stud lived with me, well before I got hurt. Also, nobody made fun of me, which as I mentioned the photos are still there and what you're talking about didn't even happen. Glad to see you can stoop as low as completely lying and fabricating things to try to belittle someone. Don't you have friends and better things to do? Oh wait.

OldBison75
12-03-2012, 09:02 PM
What's with the attack on BBDE?? Give the guy a break for Christ's sake. If you are gonna attack, please don't attack about his injury. This injury caused him to have to make a decision to give up his athletic career, a promising career before the injury.

If you had lost your ability to do something you really loved, you would be very bitter if someone made fun of your injury.

Gary has moved on in the world and is being a productive member of our everyday society. It is the same passion for his beliefs and his school that make him the citizen he is today. Personal attacks about something as devastating as a career ending injury are just wrong.

Emerson1
12-03-2012, 09:11 PM
When did this actually happen? I have pictures of me holding girls, part of Aggie Wranglers, up true. But that was when DU_Stud lived with me, well before I got hurt. Also, nobody made fun of me, which as I mentioned the photos are still there and what you're talking about didn't even happen. Glad to see you can stoop as low as completely lying and fabricating things to try to belittle someone. Don't you have friends and better things to do? Oh wait.
I trust the person who witnessed it. You actually do too. If someone made a crack about your back on a picture of you holding someone up are you saying that you wouldn't delete the comment? Maybe the picture in question was taken before the injury, but either way the exchange happened. I can live with they said it as a joke on an older picture. You know me better then that Gary, if I was going to make something up you know that I would have involved some kind of sheep and it would have been way over the top.

It's hilarious how easy it is still is to get you to go on a 10 page rant.

What's with the attack on BBDE?? Give the guy a break for Christ's sake. If you are gonna attack, please don't attack about his injury. This injury caused him to have to make a decision to give up his athletic career, a promising career before the injury.

If you had lost your ability to do something you really loved, you would be very bitter if someone made fun of your injury.

Gary has moved on in the world and is being a productive member of our everyday society. It is the same passion for his beliefs and his school that make him the citizen he is today. Personal attacks about something as devastating as a career ending injury are just wrong.
Gary has no idea why I stopped playing football. Quick history lesson. On more then one occasion back in the day he implied that since he walked on to A&M he knew more about football than anyone who did not reach that level of play. This is where it all started.

Buff42
12-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Wow. I don't know any of you guys, but I think a couple of you are world class a-holes. I don't want to know you, either.

BBDE, I have no idea what happened to you or what you did or didn't say before, but I'm pretty sure if it happened before my last sh!t, then anybody who brings it up is a jerk.

All of y'all, every one, is out of line. Your conversation belongs on a football field or bar parking lot, not on here. I'm questioning why I even come on here if the mods exercise no better control than what's been exhibited on this thread.

Bull Butter
12-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Welcome Back, BBDE

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Wow. I don't know any of you guys, but I think a couple of you are world class a-holes. I don't want to know you, either.

BBDE, I have no idea what happened to you or what you did or didn't say before, but I'm pretty sure if it happened before my last sh!t, then anybody who brings it up is a jerk.

All of y'all, every one, is out of line. Your conversation belongs on a football field or bar parking lot, not on here. I'm questioning why I even come on here if the mods exercise no better control than what's been exhibited on this thread.

I think that's the point. They let people say any defamatory statements they want about someone. I also agree that this should be at a parking lot, but that would never happen. I really could care less what impression you have of me either, it's not like I'm going to be a frequent poster anymore.

Kyle, as I said, I don't even know what you're talking about, so whatever half baked story you're making up is irrelevant. And yes, playing football in college does make me more of an expert than you - who is the better cook, the chef, or the critic? What started this was you doing just what you did earlier in this thread. I think it's a disgrace that they still let you on here.

Emerson1
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm questioning why I even come on here if the mods exercise no better control than what's been exhibited on this thread.
I was wondering this early. Then again someone dropped an F bomb on someone last month and nothing happened. The difference is some people get their panties in a wad and others don't care. Me and saggy hate each other and used to get into it a lot, but I want him to come party next time I'm down at A&M. Maybe Gary will come too.

Welcome Back, BBDE
I think I have tripled my post total for the season in this one thread. It's just like the old days.

Emerson1
12-03-2012, 10:42 PM
I think that's the point. They let people say any defamatory statements they want about someone. I also agree that this should be at a parking lot, but that would never happen. I really could care less what impression you have of me either, it's not like I'm going to be a frequent poster anymore.

Kyle, as I said, I don't even know what you're talking about, so whatever half baked story you're making up is irrelevant. And yes, playing football in college does make me more of an expert than you - who is the better cook, the chef, or the critic? What started this was you doing just what you did earlier in this thread. I think it's a disgrace that they still let you on here.
Oh come on you know he is talking about me and not you. Don't steal my glory it's all I got going for me.

It all went down hill when they stopped publicly announcing ROMmings.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2012, 10:54 PM
The difference is some people get their panties in a wad and others don't care. Me and saggy hate each other and used to get into it a lot, but I want him to come party next time I'm down at A&M. Maybe Gary will come too.

Lol yeah, I just don't feel like arguing with people nowadays. I think we've both got better things to do lol

But yeah, I'm always down to party lmao

Old Tiger
12-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Lol yeah, I just don't feel like arguing with people nowadays. I think we've both got better things to do lol

But yeah, I'm always down to party lmao

Child please.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-03-2012, 11:03 PM
I was wondering this early. Then again someone dropped an F bomb on someone last month and nothing happened. The difference is some people get their panties in a wad and others don't care. Me and saggy hate each other and used to get into it a lot, but I want him to come party next time I'm down at A&M. Maybe Gary will come too.

I think I have tripled my post total for the season in this one thread. It's just like the old days.

If you're ever in College Station and you want to meet, you just let me know ha

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Child please.

Lol I only post about things relating to A&M football and west Columbia football.

If you think I argue a lot now, you should've seen me about 5 or 6 usernames ago. I used to say as much dumb crap as you

Emerson1
12-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Lol I only post about things relating to A&M football and west Columbia football.

If you think I argue a lot now, you should've seen me about 5 or 6 usernames ago. I used to say as much dumb crap as you

You're like 20 now right?

Old Tiger
12-03-2012, 11:16 PM

I never said anything dumb. Far fetched but not dumb.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2012, 11:23 PM
You're like 20 now right?

I just turned 22 like a week ago.

Emerson1
12-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I just turned 22 like a week ago.
According to the fake.

Saggy Aggie
12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Lol I'm graduating in may

cowboyfan99
12-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Before this season began, myself and most everyone that I know thought A&M was making a huge mistake switching to the SEC. The thought was that it would be the start of a lot of 3 or 4 win seasons, only able to win against the bottom teams of the SEC. The reason for this thought was the fact that we all had bought into the idea that the SEC was this super dominate conference and moving to it would be disasterous. Well A&M has proven that to be completely wrong. Barring two terrible second half efforts, one against Florida and the other against LSU, A&M would've played Georgia in the SEC Championship (likely won) and be slated to face ND for the National Title. I think A&M's success this year proves without a doubt that the Big 12 is much stronger than most everyone is giving them credit for. As a reminder, here is A&M's last 10 seasons:

Format is Year; Conference; Overall
2002; 3-5; 6-6
2003; 2-6; 4-8
2004; 5-3; 7-5
2005; 3-5; 5-6
2006; 5-3; 9-4
2007; 4-4; 7-6
2008; 2-6; 4-8
2009; 3-5; 6-7
2010; 6-2; 9-4
2011; 4-5; 7-6
2012; 6-2; 10-2 plus a yet to be played game with Oklahoma

As you can see above, 6 out of 9 years of Big 12 play were losing seasons and season at .500. Only in 2010 did A&M have a 2 loss year in conference play out of those last 9 years in the Big 12. They matched their best Big 12 finish over those years in their first year in the SEC.

Buff42
12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Before this season began, myself and most everyone that I know thought A&M was making a huge mistake switching to the SEC. The thought was that it would be the start of a lot of 3 or 4 win seasons, only able to win against the bottom teams of the SEC. The reason for this thought was the fact that we all had bought into the idea that the SEC was this super dominate conference and moving to it would be disasterous. Well A&M has proven that to be completely wrong. Barring two terrible second half efforts, one against Florida and the other against LSU, A&M would've played Georgia in the SEC Championship (likely won) and be slated to face ND for the National Title. I think A&M's success this year proves without a doubt that the Big 12 is much stronger than most everyone is giving them credit for. As a reminder, here is A&M's last 10 seasons:

2002; 3-5; 6-6
2003; 2-6; 4-8
2004; 5-3; 7-5
2005; 3-5; 5-6
2006; 5-3; 9-4
2007; 4-4; 7-6
2008; 2-6; 4-8
2009; 3-5; 6-7
2010; 6-2; 9-4
2011; 4-5; 7-6

As you can see above, 6 out of 9 years of Big 12 play were losing seasons and season at .500. Only in 2010 did A&M have a 2 loss year in conference play out of those last 9 years in the Big 12. They matched their best Big 12 finish over those years in their first year in the SEC.

Your research is good, but the theory is flawed. You have done a "All Other Things Being Equal" analysis.

The problem with that is you ignore several things: (1) new head coach, (2) new system/ schemes, (3) new coordinators on both sides of the ball, and (4) a charismatic leader on the field in JFF. You also ignore more intangible aspects, like the will to win, a new mindset created by the new staff, and the excitement of the early successes.

It's funny how all of the doomsayers who were SO CONVINCED that A&M would be in the toilet bowl with the SEC move are now scrambling for ways to validate your new idea that somehow A&M's success equates to the Big 12 being better than the SEC. About three months ago, I bet you were telling all of your buddies :good riddance to A&M, they're gonna suck."

Well, the worm has turned.

NastySlot
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Big 12 not weak just average. OU owns that conference and every once in a while someone challenges them.

1st and goal
12-04-2012, 03:28 PM

2002; 3-5; 6-6
2003; 2-6; 4-8
2004; 5-3; 7-5
2005; 3-5; 5-6
2006; 5-3; 9-4
2007; 4-4; 7-6
2008; 2-6; 4-8
2009; 3-5; 6-7
2010; 6-2; 9-4
2011; 4-5; 7-6

As Buff42 pointed out, this has been the prop up walking cane "talk" for the UT fans the last few weeks. Helps them think they are better than they are.

IMO, A&M would put a whipping on UT this year. As would Florida, LSU, and Alabama. That being stated, I believe that Oklahoma will match up better against A&M than anybody else could from the Big 12. I think the month off will help OU and hurt A&M because A&M's offense is all about timing in the passing game. Being off a month is stupid. Hate the bowl system. Pray for the playoff system.

Buff42
12-04-2012, 03:35 PM
All the tshirt teasips have short memories. They forget how, in the waning years of the SWC, A&M completely and totally made them their stepchild. Like, for example, A&M winning 10 out of 11 games from 1984 to 1994.

This is from Cedric Golden with the Austin American Communist:

By Cedric Golden

American-Statesman Staff

THE Kansas State loss was the perfect illustration of why the Longhorns are going to the Alamo Bowl and not a BCS bowl game.

The Horns look like an 8-4 team because it’s who they are, just dangerous enough to scare really good teams but not good enough to string together eight or nine wins in a row like great Texas teams of the past.

The great teams find a way to win games. Average teams find a way to be average.

NastySlot
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
All the tshirt teasips have short memories. They forget how, in the waning years of the SWC, A&M completely and totally made them their stepchild. Like, for example, A&M winning 10 out of 11 games from 1984 to 1994.

This is from Cedric Golden with the Austin American Communist:

By Cedric Golden

American-Statesman Staff

THE Kansas State loss was the perfect illustration of why the Longhorns are going to the Alamo Bowl and not a BCS bowl game.

The Horns look like an 8-4 team because it’s who they are, just dangerous enough to scare really good teams but not good enough to string together eight or nine wins in a row like great Texas teams of the past.

The great teams find a way to win games. Average teams find a way to be average.

Most forget college football goes in cycles..... OU Bama LSU all went through losing years heck even ND did. Horns just don t like think did.

Scoop27
12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Horns really should have lost to Kansas-Got the winning TD with 4 seconds left

Buff42
12-04-2012, 03:53 PM

Don't forget that they won the OSU game on a horrible officiating call. The non-touchdown touchdown. Or ghost touchdown.

The only part of Bergeron's body that crossed the plane of the goal line was the crown of his helmet. Problem was, the football was about 20 feet away from him when that happened.

OldBison75
12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Big 12 has 9 teams playing bowl games. SEC has 8 teams in bowl games. Nuff said!!!!

New Taiton
12-04-2012, 04:33 PM
If it makes it any easier for the Texas fans, I'll say this:

The Big 12 is better than the SEC
The Big 12 is more competitive than the SEC
The Big 12 is more storied than the SEC
Top to bottom, the SEC cannot hold a candle to the Big 12
Ric Renner and FSSW is the best channel to watch football

Meanwhile, I'll sit back and enjoy the following:

SEC coach of the year
SEC offensive player of the year
Heisman candidate with current odds of -1600
Road trips to Oxford, Auburn, and T-town, etc.
Best recruiting class in recent memory for '13
Top 5 recruiting class for '14
CBS/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU television coverage
A passionate conference from top to bottom - less Kentucky
"Media Bias"

Heaven forbid A&M beats OU and continues the path their on....what will be the excuse of 2013?

NastySlot
12-04-2012, 04:33 PM

Kansas DB dropped a possible pick on the winning drive and Texas found a way to win after that.

New Taiton
12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Big 12 has 9 teams playing bowl games. SEC has 8 teams in bowl games. Nuff said!!!!

The Big 12 is full of teams that are 7-5......whoopty do.

NastySlot
12-04-2012, 04:38 PM

thats right and with the strength of Kansas they lose out on a second BCS bowl game.

NastySlot
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
The Big 12 is full of teams that are 7-5......whoopty do.

usually alway is.

OldBison75
12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I will correct myself, Big 12 has 9 teams and SEC has 9 teams.

Old Tiger
12-04-2012, 06:48 PM
I will correct myself, Big 12 has 9 teams and SEC has 9 teams.

SEC has 4 more teams than big 12 also.

90% > 64%

hsbtex
12-04-2012, 10:46 PM

Hey oldbison...how many big12 teams are rated in the top ten? Can't wait for your response!!

hsbtex
12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
SEC has 4 more teams than big 12 also.

90% > 64%

Hey tigger...how many big12 teams are in the top ten? I can't wait for your response too little buddy!!!

OldBison75
12-05-2012, 12:44 AM
It is very simple to understand what I was saying---both conferences placed 9 teams in bowl games. Granted they are not all the same caliber bowl games, but they made it. If the question of this thread had been which conference has the better top tier teams, I would answer that the SEC is better. This thread accuses the Big 12 of being weak. Weak conference don't get 9 of the ten teams bowl eligible and invited.

And don't even talk about the rankings in talk about rankings in this argument. There is no way anyone that pays attention to the polls can call them fair or accurate. Just for argument sake, Texas A & M goes into Alabama's back yard, the same Alabama the polls seem to think is invincible, and beats them clearly in every phase of the game. The Aggies can only move up a few spots in the polls. The sad fact is that the voters in the polls are far too concerned with past history instead of what is happening on the field this year.

Now, I don't make that argument for the Big 12 being ranked ahead of the SEC teams in the top tier this year. Not so many years ago we heard that a team that lost early could come back and challenge for a National Championship, but a late season loss to a lower ranked team was like a kiss of death for selection to the big game, especially if you lost on your home field. Now the number 1 team can lose in the second half of the season to a much lower ranked conference foe and still be picked to play for all the marbles.

NastySlot
12-05-2012, 08:55 AM
It is very simple to understand what I was saying---both conferences placed 9 teams in bowl games. Granted they are not all the same caliber bowl games, but they made it. If the question of this thread had been which conference has the better top tier teams, I would answer that the SEC is better. This thread accuses the Big 12 of being weak. Weak conference don't get 9 of the ten teams bowl eligible and invited.

And don't even talk about the rankings in talk about rankings in this argument. There is no way anyone that pays attention to the polls can call them fair or accurate. Just for argument sake, Texas A & M goes into Alabama's back yard, the same Alabama the polls seem to think is invincible, and beats them clearly in every phase of the game. The Aggies can only move up a few spots in the polls. The sad fact is that the voters in the polls are far too concerned with past history instead of what is happening on the field this year.

Now, I don't make that argument for the Big 12 being ranked ahead of the SEC teams in the top tier this year. Not so many years ago we heard that a team that lost early could come back and challenge for a National Championship, but a late season loss to a lower ranked team was like a kiss of death for selection to the big game, especially if you lost on your home field. Now the number 1 team can lose in the second half of the season to a much lower ranked conference foe and still be picked to play for all the marbles.

don't forget that once upon a time a highly ranked team lost to (was abused by) the 15th ranked team in their conference championship game and still made it to the BCS title game....so it hasn't necessarly only been late month loss but even last week loss.

Old Tiger
12-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Hey tigger...how many big12 teams are in the top ten? I can't wait for your response too little buddy!!!

Polls are just human opinions. Because you have a ranking doesn't mean you deserve it.

cowboyfan99
12-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Your research is good, but the theory is flawed. You have done a "All Other Things Being Equal" analysis.

The problem with that is you ignore several things: (1) new head coach, (2) new system/ schemes, (3) new coordinators on both sides of the ball, and (4) a charismatic leader on the field in JFF. You also ignore more intangible aspects, like the will to win, a new mindset created by the new staff, and the excitement of the early successes.

It's funny how all of the doomsayers who were SO CONVINCED that A&M would be in the toilet bowl with the SEC move are now scrambling for ways to validate your new idea that somehow A&M's success equates to the Big 12 being better than the SEC. About three months ago, I bet you were telling all of your buddies :good riddance to A&M, they're gonna suck."

Well, the worm has turned.

The problems with your rebuttal:
1. A&M is on their 4th Head Coach since 2002. So if only took a head coaching change then why not the big improvements the other times they changed?
2. Most of the time a new head coach will bring in new systems and coaches, including coordinators. So that has already been done a number of times over the last 10 years as well.
3. A&M has had a number of charismatic leaders on the field over the coarse of the last decade, nothing new this year.
4. A&M suddenly has a will to win that they didn't have prior? Give me a break...........
5. Other years have seen early Aggie success and led to poor Big 12 performance, so that doesn't really hold water either.

No, I wasn't saying good riddance to A&M. I was actually diappointed that one of the longest standing rivals in college football wouldn't be playing each other every year anymore. Also, no where did I say that the Big 12 is better than the SEC. I said that I think A&M success just proves that the Big 12 was underrated, or the SEC is overrated, which ever way you want to view it. By the way, a lot of those people that I know are life long A&M fans and former graduates and they had the same thoughts as I did. So this idea that only UT fans thought that A&M was going to get killed in the SEC is folly.

Someone else quoted my original post and talked like I'm a big UT fan. Nowhere did I say that. I'm actually a fan of all TEXAS football and I am glad to see that A&M is successful their first year in the SEC. This should greatly improve their recruiting and really bring the program to a whole new level moving forward.

msu97
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
The problems with your rebuttal:
1. A&M is on their 4th Head Coach since 2002. So if only took a head coaching change then why not the big improvements the other times they changed?
2. Most of the time a new head coach will bring in new systems and coaches, including coordinators. So that has already been done a number of times over the last 10 years as well.
3. A&M has had a number of charismatic leaders on the field over the coarse of the last decade, nothing new this year.
4. A&M suddenly has a will to win that they didn't have prior? Give me a break...........
5. Other years have seen early Aggie success and led to poor Big 12 performance, so that doesn't really hold water either.

No, I wasn't saying good riddance to A&M. I was actually diappointed that one of the longest standing rivals in college football wouldn't be playing each other every year anymore. Also, no where did I say that the Big 12 is better than the SEC. I said that I think A&M success just proves that the Big 12 was underrated, or the SEC is overrated, which ever way you want to view it. By the way, a lot of those people that I know are life long A&M fans and former graduates and they had the same thoughts as I did. So this idea that only UT fans thought that A&M was going to get killed in the SEC is folly.

Someone else quoted my original post and talked like I'm a big UT fan. Nowhere did I say that. I'm actually a fan of all TEXAS football and I am glad to see that A&M is successful their first year in the SEC. This should greatly improve their recruiting and really bring the program to a whole new level moving forward.
your mistake here was using logic in the conversation... it gets lost... if you say anything against ATM that automatically makes you a longhorn fan and a hater...
I have a former student who came to me while I was at a local bar last summer, he had just graduated from ATM (btw, I have plenty of former students and athletes that attend either ATM or UT, 2 play for UT)... he said that someone bet him that ATM would not win more than 6 games this year... I told him to double the bet and say that ATM would win 9 since the SEC was the most overrated conference... he looked at me... he said the bet was $50, I again looked at him and said make it $100... I told him the only teams that could beat ATM were Alabama, Florida and LSU... the rest of the SEC was terrible and overrated... last week that same kid took me out to the same bar and said he made $200 off of the bet and bet more people and made more money... I told him that the SEC was weak... but since I say this, this makes me an Aggie hater and a longhorn lover...

outback81
12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
SEC power house

hsbtex
12-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Polls are just human opinions. Because you have a ranking doesn't mean you deserve it.
Exactly the type of response i would expect from you...denying the obvious

pancho villa
12-05-2012, 01:54 PM
The Big 12 is full of players that can't play in the SEC!

Emerson1
12-05-2012, 07:45 PM
The Big 12 is full of players that can't play in the SEC!
I'll take the bait.

So are you saying that A&M recruited an entirely new football team this past summer?

pancho villa
12-06-2012, 09:02 AM
They recruited to get ready for SEC

Weebe
12-06-2012, 09:08 AM
I'll take the bait.

So are you saying that A&M recruited an entirely new football team this past summer?

1. They fired a coach who couldn't get the most out of pre-season top 10 talent last year.

2. They inserted the likely Heisman trophy winner at QB(look what Cam Newton and VY did for otherwise ****** coaches).

pancho villa
12-06-2012, 09:15 AM
1. They fired a coach who couldn't get the most out of pre-season top 10 talent last year.

2. They inserted the likely Heisman trophy winner at QB(look what Cam Newton and VY did for otherwise ****** coaches).

He is a good QB but Te'o will win Heisman

Weebe
12-06-2012, 09:18 AM
So I have heard.

Emerson1
12-06-2012, 10:27 AM

. They inserted the likely Heisman trophy winner at QB(look what Cam Newton and VY did for otherwise ****** coaches).
They are still "Big 12 players" no matter what excuse you give and are doing just fine and dandy.

Weebe
12-06-2012, 10:44 AM
They are still "Big 12 players" no matter what excuse you give and are doing just fine and dandy.

I really don't know exactly what that means.

But I guess you would classify Missouri's that way too?

msu97
12-06-2012, 11:25 AM
yes, the majority of the Aggies roster could not win in the BIg 12, the conference they were recruited to play in... they won this year in the SEC since the SEC is overrated...

Missouri played the entire year with out arguably its best player in running back Henry Josey... and their qb was injured for most of the year and tried to battle through them... but it was evident that their offense was not the same without Josey... but I am sure most of you will have an excuse as to why this is not the case...

pancho villa
12-06-2012, 11:25 AM

What conference do the Aggies play in?

Weebe
12-06-2012, 11:34 AM
... but I am sure most of you will have an excuse as to why this is not the case...

Ironic considering that your entire post was filled with excuses.

Emerson1
12-06-2012, 11:41 AM
I really don't know exactly what that means.

But I guess you would classify Missouri's that way too?
Pancho started his trolling in this thread by saying that the Big 12 is full of players who can't compete in the SEC. This is being proven false by A&M. They are single handily showing how overrated the SEC is, their own success if backfiring on the fan's ability to troll the internet.

Missouri also lost to Syracuse, so their suckiness extended outside of the South East.

msu97
12-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Ironic considering that your entire post was filled with excuses.

not an excuse... a fact... you would point to South Carolina's dramatic flop at the end of the year to the injury of Marcus Lattimore, and rightfully so, but no Henry Josey is not a fact? how much football do you watch?...

msu97
12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Pancho started his trolling in this thread by saying that the Big 12 is full of players who can't compete in the SEC. This is being proven false by A&M. They are single handily showing how overrated the SEC is, their own success if backfiring on the fan's ability to troll the internet.

Missouri also lost to Syracuse, so their suckiness extended outside of the South East.

what? another mind capable of independent thought? wow... yes the SEC does suck from top to bottom, well the top is good, the rest is awful...

pancho villa
12-06-2012, 11:55 AM

They play in the SEC

Emerson1
12-06-2012, 12:02 PM
They play in the SEC

Big 12 is undefeated against the SEC this season.

Weebe
12-06-2012, 12:27 PM
not an excuse... a fact... you would point to South Carolina's dramatic flop at the end of the year to the injury of Marcus Lattimore, and rightfully so, but no Henry Josey is not a fact? how much football do you watch?...

I'll simplify this for you since the majority of the Texas fans on this board didn't actually attend school there and, likely, have no meaningful academic credentials to speak of.

Henry Josey and James Franklin were hurt this year-fact
The reason Missouri was terrible was because they were hurt-opinion/excuse

Texas A&M won this year because the SEC is overrated-opinion/excuse

Old Tiger
12-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Big 12 is undefeated against the SEC this season.

Take your facts elsewhere! There is no room for that on this forum! Only delusion is allowed!

Old Tiger
12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
I'll simplify this for you since the majority of the Texas fans on this board didn't actually attend school there and, likely, have no meaningful academic credentials to speak of.

Oklahoma State is basically using a 3rd string QB.
TCU is using a back up QB

Weebe
12-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Oklahoma State is basically using a 3rd string QB.
TCU is using a back up QB

Ok?

Alabama and LSU had several kids leave early for the draft. Matthieu was suspended.

Emerson1
12-06-2012, 01:18 PM

I don't go to Texas and am making $48,000 a year as an intern that hasn't graduated yet. I think my education isn't half bad.

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't go to Texas and am making $48,000 a year as an intern that hasn't graduated yet. I think my education isn't half bad.
So are you saying the big 12 also weak with academics and salary potential?

Weebe
12-06-2012, 02:02 PM

With that salary, you are the Red McCombs of Texas State alumni.

msu97
12-06-2012, 02:03 PM
what I like is that if you say anything negative about the Aggies, and now the SEC, that automatically makes you a Longhorn... not sure how that logic works but it does... as if the Aggies dont have tshirt fans...

and heaven forbid you have a thought that does not follow ESPN or Aggies because then you are just not logical...

hey Pancho... you should go to Kyle Stadium, and before you get there... go to Double Daves, good pizza, then before you get into Kyle Stadium... notice all the little scoreboards the Aggies have for the former mascots... it is pretty cute if I must say so myself...

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 02:13 PM
what I like is that if you say anything negative about the Aggies, and now the SEC, that automatically makes you a Longhorn... not sure how that logic works but it does... as if the Aggies dont have tshirt fans...

and heaven forbid you have a thought that does not follow ESPN or Aggies because then you are just not logical...

hey Pancho... you should go to Kyle Stadium, and before you get there... go to Double Daves, good pizza, then before you get into Kyle Stadium... notice all the little scoreboards the Aggies have for the former mascots... it is pretty cute if I must say so myself...

Double Dave s come on really send him to Laynes

NastySlot
12-06-2012, 02:16 PM

Pretty sure he went to the other TSU the one in the Aggie system

msu97
12-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Double Dave s come on really send him to Laynes

Double Daves is a buffet... buffet's are the only thing that has a fighting chance against Pancho... but definitely Laynes...

Emerson1
12-06-2012, 02:27 PM
I think I would be considered to in the upper class if I moved to El Campo.

Weebe
12-06-2012, 04:52 PM
I think I would be considered to in the upper class if I moved to El Campo.

You may find it interesting that the median household income in El Campo is $41,000 while Stephenville's is $31,000.

Emerson1
12-06-2012, 06:49 PM
You may find it interesting that the median household income in El Campo is $41,000 while Stephenville's is $31,000.
Good thing I live in Forney.

New Taiton
12-06-2012, 10:21 PM
How insecure do you have to be to state your salary on a message board??

Wow.....congrats on the $48,000 internship champ.

Emerson1
12-06-2012, 11:43 PM
How insecure do you have to be to state your salary on a message board??

Wow.....congrats on the $48,000 internship champ.
Thank you for the insight new guy.

It's just funny when A&M people think that it's them along along the Ivy League and then everyone else. As if it's difficult to get in to in the first place.

Obviously I must be lying because I didn't go to A&M. Or maybe if I did I would be making $60,000. Damn life choices.

Weebe
12-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Thank you for the insight new guy.

It's just funny when A&M people think that it's them along along the Ivy League and then everyone else. As if it's difficult to get in to in the first place.

Obviously I must be lying because I didn't go to A&M. Or maybe if I did I would be making $60,000. Damn life choices.

Well, I checked the US News and World Report top 200 college rankings.

A&M was #65.

Tarleton was not ranked in the top 200.

Found another ranking of the top colleges in Texas. A&M was #3. Tarleton was #37 out of 40. The same site had A&M as the #85 college in the nation. Tarleton was #1147.

I'd say there is a significant academic disparity.

But hey, congrats on the $48,000 salary. That's pretty good for what amounts to the equivalent of a community college degree that you will receive.

Emerson1
12-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Well, I checked the US News and World Report top 200 college rankings.

A&M was #65.

Tarleton was not ranked in the top 200.

Found another ranking of the top colleges in Texas. A&M was #3. Tarleton was #37 out of 40. The same site had A&M as the #85 college in the nation. Tarleton was #1147.

I'd say there is a significant academic disparity.

But hey, congrats on the $48,000 salary. That's pretty good for what amounts to the equivalent of a community college degree that you will receive.

You are trying really hard to justify yourself. Someone jealous? Don't worry I would feel bad about myself if I live in El Campo too.

Weebe
12-07-2012, 12:58 AM
You are trying really hard to justify yourself. Someone jealous? Don't worry I would feel bad about myself if I live in El Campo too.

Jealous? Lol..if you only knew.

Did you live with your parents while you were in college?

Saggy Aggie
12-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Lol... This thread <<<

New Taiton
12-07-2012, 07:26 AM

Lol.

Solid smack....

pancho villa
12-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I live in Brazoria and make $18,000 and I am "El Rey"

Also fools when I go to College Station I eat at "Wings and More" the finest eating establishment west of the Mississippi.

Old Tiger
12-07-2012, 09:51 AM
If Texas has t-shirt fans then what does A&M call all their fans who live in Brazos valley that never made it into A&M and had to settle for Blinndergarden?

People may call me a t-shirt fan of the horns but my fan hood is just as strong as those who went to Texas if not strong. I will value my 2 year associate degree at a technical college that will make me well over 50k next year for a job that I just started.

NastySlot
12-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I live in Brazoria and make $18,000 and I am "El Rey"

Also fools when I go to College Station I eat at "Wings and More" the finest eating establishment west of the Mississippi.

Wings and More another great place

pancho villa
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
there are some rich fools on here! I guess us brazoria county folks are way behind.

NastySlot
12-07-2012, 10:37 AM
there are some rich fools on here! I guess us brazoria county folks are way behind.

Idk about rich but I ll agree with the fools part....... I m expecting someone to pop off soon with "my dad can beat up your dad."Or "you better stop I know karate."

pancho villa
12-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Idk about rich but I ll agree with the fools part....... I m expecting someone to pop off soon with "my dad can beat up your dad."Or "you better stop I know karate."

"I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

Buff42
12-07-2012, 10:50 AM
:hijacktd::1offtopc::hijacktd::1offtopc::hijacktd: :1offtopc::hijacktd::1offtopc::hijacktd::1offtopc: