PDA

View Full Version : Projected BCS standings come 11/18

Z's daddy
11-18-2012, 12:02 AM
My projection:

#1 Notre Dame (@ USC)
#2 Alabama (host Auburn, the plays Georgia in SEC title Game)
#3 Georgia (host GT, then 'Bama)
#4 Florida (@ FSU)
#5 Oregon (@ Oregon St)
#6 LSU (@ Ark)
#7 TAMU (host Mizzou)
#8 Florida St. (host Florida, then Miami in ACC title game)
#9 Stanford (host Cal, then UCLA in Pac 12 title game)
#10 Kansas St (host UT in 2 weeks)
#11 South Carolina (@ Clemson)
#12 Clemson (host S. Car. Win and play in a BCS Bowl game)

Oregon not out of it yet. Could still get in. ND loss to USC, and FSU beats Florida, Oregon could find themselves playing the winner of the SEC Championship game. Would be ironic if they played Alabama in the same manner in which 'Bama played for national title after not winning conference title last year

I see a scenario where TAMU & UT could play each other in a BCS bowl game. That would be interesting.

Z's daddy
11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I did not miss it by much:

#1 Notre Dame
#2 Alabama
#3 Georgia
#4 Florida
#5 Oregon
#6 Kansas St.
#7 LSU
#8 Stanford
#9 TAMU
#10 Florida St. (computers hate them - #17)
#11 Clemson
#12 South Carolina

vtskneb
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
My projection:

#1 Notre Dame (@ USC)
#2 Alabama (host Auburn, the plays Georgia in SEC title Game)
#3 Georgia (host GT, then 'Bama)
#4 Florida (@ FSU)
#5 Oregon (@ Oregon St)
#6 LSU (@ Ark)
#7 TAMU (host Mizzou)
#8 Florida St. (host Florida, then Miami in ACC title game)
#9 Stanford (host Cal, then UCLA in Pac 12 title game)
#10 Kansas St (host UT in 2 weeks)
#11 South Carolina (@ Clemson)
#12 Clemson (host S. Car. Win and play in a BCS Bowl game)

Oregon not out of it yet. Could still get in. ND loss to USC, and FSU beats Florida, Oregon could find themselves playing the winner of the SEC Championship game. Would be ironic if they played Alabama in the same manner in which 'Bama played for national title after not winning conference title last year

I see a scenario where TAMU & UT could play each other in a BCS bowl game. That would be interesting.

Stanford plays UCLA and then potentially them again if they win. That would be another travesty by the BCS if what you project to happen sends Oregon to the title game. They would have essentially lost their way into the title game. I think you might see FSU shoot up the polls with a win over Number 4 if what you project happens but as yesterday showed, there is still a lot of shuffling that could happen.

Z's daddy
11-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Alabama lost their way into the title game last year. There is precedent. Stanford will beat UCLA twice in a two week span. This helps Oregon if Notre Dame loses to USC. This seems less likely with Matt Barkley out for the game. FSU has to beat Florida, then Miami in ACC title game for them to have a chance at the top 5. Even then they need help. But like you said, anything can happen.